law90026
College Benchwarmer

Duke facepalm
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 03:19 PM   #552
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2023 Postseason

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 16-18, 6-10 America East.

3/14/23- NCAA First Four vs. Seattle (W 76-64).
3/16/23- NCAA East Region First Round vs. (1) Syracuse (L 70-69).

Can't be disappointed about this performance from the Hawks. They won an NCAA Tournament game, albeit a First Four game, and came within 1 basket of upsetting the #1 seed in their region. Coach Ginsberg should feel very very proud of how his team finished the 2022-2023 season and they will look to build on that next season.

Duke (Dean Hoo) -- 18-14, 10-8 ACC.

3/16/23- NIT West Region Second Round vs. (5) Missouri (L 73-65).

A very disappointing season for the Blue Devils, as they just couldn't buy a win against a top ranked team, and sputtered their way to the finish line. Coach Hoo won't be able to afford anymore seasons like this.

Michigan State (Al Mighty) -- 21-13, 10-8 Big Ten.

3/17/23- NCAA West Region First Round vs. (9) Iowa State (L 84-50).

Talk about ending the season with a whimper! That's exactly what the Spartans did. Very uncharacteristic of them, and they also are going to have to figure it out. While they got to 20 wins, 13 losses and a disaster of a game in the NCAA Tournament doesn't bode well for a Coach whose seat is already warm.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 20-13, 9-9 Big Ten.

3/16/23- NCAA South Region First Round vs. (8) Southern Illinois (W 84-81).
3/18/23- NCAA South Region Second Round vs. (1) Louisville (L 96-88).

Not a bad postseason for the Wildcats, as they get to 20 wins with the NCAA First Round win over Southern Illinois, and give Louisville a heck of a fight. Something to build on, now if they could just do a little better in Big Ten play.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 21-13, 8-8 Big West.

3/15/23- NIT Midwest Region Second Round vs. (7) Memphis (W 76-70).
3/20/23- NIT Midwest Region Semifinal vs. (3) Manhattan (W 82-74).
3/23/23- NIT Midwest Region Final at (5) New Mexico (L 53-50).

Nice run by the Warriors who also get over 20 wins, but are another team that has to do better in conference play. Firecoachgunn.com quieted down some, but the fans aren't happy about blowing a double digit halftime lead at New Mexico.

FIU (Brett Hawkins) -- 25-9, 13-5 Conference USA.

3/17/23- NCAA South Region First Round vs. (13) Kansas State (W 84-74).
3/19/23- NCAA South Region Second Round vs. (5) Florida State (W 84-74).
3/24/23- NCAA South Region Semifinal vs. (1) Louisville (L 94-90).

Not often you have teams win consecutive games by the same score, but that's what we had here. Coach Hawkins took FIU farther than they have ever been in this dynasty, the Sweet Sixteen. They came very close to winning that. He might have a tough decision to make in the offseason, and it's long overdue.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 18-15, 9-9 Pac 12.

3/15/23- CBI First Round at (8) Utah State (L 78-69).

Of all the teams that whimpered into the postseason, the Buffaloes take the cake. Coach Nielsen was not happy with his team being shipped on the road in the CBI, and they certainly played like a team that either wasn't happy or wasn't deserving.

Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 25-10, 14-4 Pac 12.

3/16/23- NCAA Midwest Region First Round vs. (13) Ohio (W 59-43).
3/18/23- NCAA Midwest Region Second Round vs. (5) Ohio State (L 53-42).

The Cardinal had a tough draw, having to play 2 pretty solid Ohio teams. They split with them, and will end their season much sooner than they were hoping for. Still a heck of a season though.

Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 24-10, 13-5 SEC.

3/17/23- NCAA South Region First Round vs. (14) North Dakota State (W 73-65).
3/19/23- NCAA South Region Second Round vs. (6) Old Dominion (W 60-51).
3/24/23- NCAA South Region Semifinal vs. (2) Wisconsin (L 83-61).

Nice run for the Crimson Tide, who make it to their first Sweet Sixteen in this dynasty. Would have liked a better performance in that Sweet Sixteen game though, but Coach Roger will definitely have a nice, cool seat to sit on next season.

And that concludes the postseason for our FOFC teams. 2 teams made it to the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, both in the South Region, and we had another team in the Elite Eight of the NIT. But.. several teams lost in their first game, so still some work to do.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:40 PM   #553
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

One point away from a historic 16 beating a 1.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:57 PM   #554
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Not bad. Some good results for the FOFCers in the postseason, overall.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:29 PM   #555
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Way to go, Roy!
Old 09-02-2017, 07:48 PM   #556
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2023 Postseason Recap

The NCAA Final Four saw (2W) Virginia beat (1S) Louisville 65-42 in one semifinal, while the other semifinal saw (4E) St. Joseph's beat (8MW) Baylor 62-53. The championship game had Virginia beat St. Joseph's 63-53. 3rd straight year (at least) that a #8 seed as reached the Final Four.

5 was the magic number for the NIT Final Four, as 3 of the 4 #5 seeds made it there. 1 semifinal saw (5S) Eastern Michigan beat (5W) Missouri 79-77, and the other semifinal saw (6E) Indiana beat (5MW) New Mexico 66-61 in OT. The championship game saw Indiana beat Eastern Michigan 83-79.

The CBI Championship series went to (5) New Hampshire, who beat (3) Jacksonville State in 2 games. New Hampshire won the first game 77-76 in OT, then won the 2nd game 60-47.

And finally, the CIT Championship saw (8) Central Arkansas beat (10) Nebraska Omaha 88-82 in OT.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #557
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2022-2023 National Awards

FIU had 1 player on the All-NCAA 2nd Team.

2022-2023 Conference Awards

Hartford had the America East Freshman of the Year, and had 2 on the America East 2nd team and a whopping 3 on the America East All-Freshman Team. Hopefully that bodes well for next season.

No awards for UConn.

Tulsa had 1 player on the American 2nd Team.

Duke had 1 player on the ACC 2nd Team, and 1 player on the ACC All-Freshman Team.

TCU had 1 player on the Big 12 1st Team and 1 player on the Big 12 2nd Team.

Michigan State had 1 player on the Big Ten 2nd Team.

Northwestern had 1 player on the Big Ten 1st Team.

Hawaii had the Big West Frosh of the Year, as well as having 1 on the Big West 2nd Team and 1 on the Big West All-Frosh Team.

FIU head coach Brett Hawkins was named C-USA Coach of the Year. In addition, they had the C-USA Player of the Year, as having 2 players on the C-USA 1st Team.

Rice had the C-USA Frosh of the Year and had 1 on the C-USA All Frosh Team.

Colorado had 1 player on the Pac 12 1st Team.

Stanford had 1 player on the Pac 12 2nd Team and 1 player on the Pac 12 All-Frosh Team.

UCLA had the Pac 12 Frosh of the Year, and had 1 player on the Pac 12 2nd Team and 1 player on the Pac 12 All-Frosh Team.

No awards for Washington State.

Alabama head coach Roy Rogers was named SEC Coach of the Year.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #558
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2022-2023 Recruiting Class Rankings

Big turnaround for Hartford who had the 349th best recruiting class in the nation, last in the America East. They didn't sign a recruit at all, and I'm hoping it's just because they didn't have any scholarships.

UConn had the 348th best class in the nation, last in the American, and also didn't sign a recruit.

Tulsa had the 112th best class in the nation, good for 6th in the American.

Duke had the 89th best class in the nation, good for just 11th in the ACC.

TCU had the 123rd best class in the nation, good for 9th in the Big 12.

Michigan State had the 50th best class in the nation, good for 5th in the Big Ten.

Northwestern had the 107th best class in the nation, good for 9th in the Big Ten.

Hawaii had the 168th best class in the nation, good for 6th in the Big West.

FIU had the 24th best class in the nation, tops in Conference USA, but didn't have a recruit better than 3 stars.

Rice had the 119th best class in the nation, good for 5th in Conference USA.

Colorado had the 29th best class in the nation, tops in the Pac 12.

Stanford had the 42nd best class in the nation, good for 3rd in the Pac 12.

UCLA didn't sign a recruit and had the 351st best class in the nation, last in the Pac 12.

Washington State had the 68th best class in the nation, good for 7th in the Pac 12.

Alabama had the 54th best class in the nation, good for 8th in the SEC.

3 of our teams didn't sign a recruit. I hop that's just because they didn't have room for any. Either way, not a good trend.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #559
vex
Grizzled Veteran

A lot better recruiting class than lately for Tulsa.

UCONN and Duke...ouch.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:05 PM   #560
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ouch!
Old 09-02-2017, 11:19 PM   #561
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Apparently I'm bad at recruitment ...
Old 09-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #562
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Blech. Good class though.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:29 PM   #563
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Just checking in, I will be jumping back into this dynasty within the next couple days, but I wanted to hear from all the current human coaches and make sure everyone was on board. I'll give everyone a couple days to get back with me, as I'd prefer not to drop any coaches if I don't have to. So get back with me ASAP, thanks.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #564
rjolley
College Starter

Still following along...
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 03:31 PM   #565
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Yep, still here.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #566
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I'm here too
Old 09-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #567
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

YOU DARE?
Old 09-19-2017, 01:02 AM   #568
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Wish I wasn't but still here bringing Duke down ...
Old 09-19-2017, 06:23 AM   #569
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

still reading...and enjoying it much more now...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #570
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Always checking in on the thread.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:50 AM   #571
DavidCorperial
High School Varsity

Still here and about.
DavidCorperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #572
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Still here to continue underachievement.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:32 PM   #573
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Looks like all of our coaches are good to go. I haven't heard from bbgunn, but I know he's been reading and still wants to be a part of this. So let's get to the rest of the offseason. Conference movement and head coach offers.

In conference movement, we do have a change that will effect FIU and Rice. UAB has been promoted from the C-USA to the Atlantic 10. In their place, Conference USA welcomes George Mason.

Now for head coach offers, and let me tell you, there were a ton of them. 9 of our coaches got offers.

We'll start with the man that got the most, B.B. Gunn. B.B. got a ton of offers, in the range of 25-30. Some are good, some are not. Let's run down the list.

Green Bay, New Mexico, William and Mary, Wright State, Yale, Boston College, Butler, Creighton, Davidson, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, St. Mary's, St. Bonaventure, UNC Wilmington, Bowling Green, Long Beach State, Ole Miss, South Florida, St. John's, Wichita State, Cincinnati, DePaul, Old Dominion, Portland, and Towson all want B.B's services. The most attractive offers might be mid-major schools Wichita State and Butler, as well as Cincinnati and Creighton. B.B. has some tough decisions to make.

Benito Sanchez got some offers too, from Boston College, Butler, California, Creighton, Iowa State, Miami (FL), Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, Syracuse, Maryland, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, St. John's, and DePaul. Some tempting offers there for sure.

Roy Rogers got offers from Boston College, Butler, Creighton, Iowa, Maryland, Miami (FL), Minnesota, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oregon, Oklahoma, Vanderbilt, Ole Miss, and St. John's.

Al Mighty got the same offers as Roy, and also got an added offer from DePaul.

Dean Hoo, Rob Nielsen, and Ess Vee got the exact same offers: Boston College, Butler, Creighton, Maryland, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon, Ole Miss, St. John's, and DePaul.

Bee Mighty got all the same offers as Dean, Rob, and Ess, with 1 change: he didn't get an offer from Minnesota.

Brett Hawkins still has something to prove at FIU, but another Florida school did shoot him an offer: South Florida. It was his only offer though.

So, you 9 guys that I mentioned have some decisions to make. If you wanna know about any of the teams, let me know. I usually do a first come, first serve basis for those teams that are courting multiple FOFC coaches, but if I have more than 1 coach that wants to move to a certain school, we'll figure out a way to work it out.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #574
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Staying put.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:39 PM   #575
law90026
College Benchwarmer

For Dean's offers, any way to get some information on the TOP 3 or 4 options?
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 PM   #576
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Roy is staying put too
Old 09-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #577
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I'm staying put at Tulsa. Oh, you didn't ask I see. Of course you didn't, lol :/
Old 09-23-2017, 11:00 PM   #578
rjolley
College Starter

Benito will stay put.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:03 PM   #579
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Ess Vee will stay put.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 11:09 PM   #580
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Just for the hell of it, Al will take the Notre Dame job. Maybe he can raise them to slightly above mediocrity as well.

Bee will try one more year as a Frog.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:43 PM   #581
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
For Dean's offers, any way to get some information on the TOP 3 or 4 options?

There isn't a lot of difference prestige wise between the top 5 schools, all within the 72-75 range, a far cry from Duke's 84. In looking at the rosters though, other teams have a better roster.

Creighton has 2 seniors that should be all-conference easily, and a junior that should be really good too. They also have 2 sophomores and a freshman with green potential.

St. John's, on paper, has a very, very bright future. They have 8 underclassmen that are either blue or green potential. Obviously this doesn't equate to automatic success, but it is a nice looking roster for the next few years, as long as everyone develops.

Minnesota has a lot of upperclassmen that are nowhere near reaching their potential, and about 6 underclassmen that have green or blue potential.

Oregon is in the Pac 12, which already has 4 FOFC coached teams in it. If you wanted to go there, you could, but the competition would be just as fierce as the ACC. They also have several players who haven't reached their potential yet. Upperclassmen I mean.

Ole Miss has a lot of underclassmen, 5 freshmen and 1 sophomore to be exact, that have blue or green potential.

If I were to rate the top 5 in order of roster talent (mainly looking at potential of underclassmen), as well as conference (best chance to win) I'd put them in this order:

St. John's
Ole Miss
Creighton
Oregon
Minnesota

Although, a new coach could come in and change things up right away, it's hard to say. Or, you could always stay at Duke, which has a sub-par roster and would probably be predicted middle of the pack next season.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #582
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Just for the hell of it, Al will take the Notre Dame job. Maybe he can raise them to slightly above mediocrity as well.

Bee will try one more year as a Frog.

Al to Notre Dame is confirmed. So we have 1 coach joining the ACC, and another coach (Dean Hoo) possibly leaving the ACC.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:32 PM   #583
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Breaking news: Duke's coach Dean Hoo tendered his resignation last night amidst allegations of a scandal involving demands that college students pose nude for Coach Hoo to paint. Literally paint on them that is.

He is purportedly moving to St. Johns who issued a statement that "expressing artistic values is entirely in line with the ethos at our esteemed college".
Old 09-28-2017, 06:36 AM   #584
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Still here.

I was this close to having B.B. Gunn take the Wichita State or Creighton job, because I wonder if he’s taken Hawaii as far as they can go. But I also wonder if there’s more left in the tank for Hawaii, so... he’ll stay put for now.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #585
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Still here.

I was this close to having B.B. Gunn take the Wichita State or Creighton job, because I wonder if he’s taken Hawaii as far as they can go. But I also wonder if there’s more left in the tank for Hawaii, so... he’ll stay put for now.

Yea, that Wichita State job would have been tough to pass up.. but it also would have came with high expectations. Although, the expectations at Hawaii have been pretty tough too. I'll keep you at Hawaii for this season. Another promising season there should get you the same kind of offers for next season.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:48 PM   #586
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Yea, that Wichita State job would have been tough to pass up.. but it also would have came with high expectations. Although, the expectations at Hawaii have been pretty tough too. I'll keep you at Hawaii for this season. Another promising season there should get you the same kind of offers for next season.
Definitely. I'm not even sure I made the right decision, but oh well. I like the idea of B.B. Gunn taking Hawaii to the promised land, but we'll see what happens after another year on Oahu.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #587
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

So Dean Hoo to St. John's and Al Mighty to Notre Dame are confirmed. There aren't any other coaching changes that I noticed, unless I missed someone. If I did, let me know, but I'm moving forward.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:59 PM   #588
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2023-2024 Hot Seat Ratings and Coach Goals

Coaches on a Warm Seat

B.B. Gunn (Hawaii) -- Of all our human coached teams, Coach Gunn might very well have the toughest board to coach under. Despite their first 20 win season since the 2015-2016 season, and an NIT appearance and a win, his seat is still warm. You have to wonder how much of that has to do with the fans and the overwhelming firecoachgunn.com website which is still running rampant. Nothing has changed, as the board is imploring Coach Gunn to find a way to get this team back to the top of the Big West.

Charlie Shocker (Rice) -- Thanks are heating up in Houston, as the Shocker seat is now warm for the first time (that I can remember anyways.) The board has let Coach Shocker know that a .500 or better record in the C-USA is imperative going forward and if Coach Shocker can't make that happen, Rice will find someone who can.

Coaches on an Average Seat

Randolph Childress (UConn) -- It's been a disappointing run at UConn for Coach Childress, as the Huskies have been very mediocre in his time there. Still, his seat hasn't warmed a bit, yet the goal is still for UConn to win the American Title.

Will Brown (Tulsa) -- Coach Brown has been actively seeking to get out of Tulsa, but none of the offers that have come his way have been appealing enough, even though they are few and far between. The task seems relatively easy: Make it to any postseason tournament. However, it hasn't happened in the last 3 seasons. Look for that seat to warm up if it doesn't happen this season.

Al Mighty (Notre Dame) -- New job for Coach Mighty, as he leaves Michigan State after a few not so Sparty-like seasons in a row. He'll get a grace period at Notre Dame, but the board has made it clear they'd like to see the Irish in the Sweet Sixteen sooner rather than later.

Bee Mighty (TCU) -- Coach Mighty has been a pleasant surprise for TCU, as he's led the Horned Frogs to 2 postseason berths, but nothing for the last 2 seasons. The board feels it is time to get back there, and they want results this season. It's postseason or a warm seat next season.

Dean Hoo (St. John's) -- Coach Hoo left Duke on a bad note, as he made some very unethical, if not illegal decisions during the offseason. St. John's was happy to pick him up though, giving him full reign to paint... I mean.. coach the team however he sees fit. That doesn't mean the board doesn't want to see results though.. on the court. The board wants a Big East championship soon.

Ess Vee (Northwestern) -- 2 postseasons in a row for the Wildcats have satisfied this board.. I think. The seat remains average, as the board
is just waiting for Coach Vee to get Northwestern to an over-.500 finish in the Big Ten. The ultimate goal remains the same though, keep going to the postseason.

Rob Nielsen (Colorado) -- Coach Nielsen has said over and over that he is staying in Boulder until he is either fired or he retires, yet he still manages to get job offers. The board though, isn't totally impressed. Their not disappointed, but not impressed either. They are looking for the Buffs to finish in the top 4, preferably the top 2 or 3, of the PAC 12 this season.

Benito Sanchez (Stanford) -- A solid season last season for the Cardinal, but still some inconsistency late. They've gone over 20 wins for 2 straight seasons, yet the board still wants more. Although their goal is for Stanford to compete in the PAC 12, Coach Sanchez's seat remains average.

Tim Shepard (UCLA) -- Despite last seasons epic collapse in which UCLA missed the postseason for the first time since I started this dynasty, Coach Shepard is still on a pretty ice cold seat. However, things will have to pick back up, as the board has said to forget last season, but don't repeat it. They are ready for another Final Four involving UCLA.

DeShawn St. John (Washington State) -- A much improved season last season for the Cougars, and while they are the only human coached team not to make the postseason in this dynasty, they have done enough to keep Coach St. John there. Although, when the goal is for the Cougars to stay out of the cellar, it's been pretty easy for the most part.

Coaches on a Cool Seat

David Ginsberg (Hartford) -- Even though the Hawks finished 4 games under .500 in the America East last season, they had a miracle run through the America East Tournament to win it and get an NCAA Tournament berth. That was enough to keep Coach Ginsberg's seat cool, but the goal remains a .500 record in conference play.

Brett Hawkins (FIU) -- It was a stellar season in coach Hawkins' first season at FIU. Another NCAA appearance and a Sweet Sixteen to boot. The board is more than fair, just wanting the Golden Panthers to compete for a C-USA Title. Should be fairly easy.

Roy Rogers (Alabama) -- The SEC Coach of the Year returns to Alabama, and Coach Rogers has the fans excited for the future. They are hoping to build on last season, as the board wants an SEC Championship this season.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:05 PM   #589
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Team Prestiges to Start the 2023-2024 Season

Hartford- 33 (+5)
UConn- 70 (-2)
Tulsa- 61 (-1)
Notre Dame- 86 (Coaching Change)
TCU- 67 (No Change)
St. John's- 74 (Coaching Change)
Northwestern- 66 (+5)
Hawaii- 48 (+1) A step in the right direction for Coach Gunn!
FIU- 54 (+7)
Rice- 37 (-1)
Colorado- 74 (-1)
Stanford- 87 (+2)
UCLA- 92 (-5) Not surprising the result of last season drew a huge prestige drop.
Washington State- 54 (+1) Washington State has bounced back and forth between 53 and 54 since the 2017-2018 season. They'd like to change that this season.
Alabama- 82 (+4)
Old 10-06-2017, 05:13 PM   #590
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2023 Season Tournaments

Notre Dame will be the 3rd seed in the 2023 Battle 4 Atlantis and open open against 6th seed Penn State.

Stanford will be the top seed in the 2023 Brooklyn Classic and open up against 8th seed Air Force.

St. John's will be the 3rd seed in the 2023 Brooklyn Classic and open up against 6th seed Toledo.

Rice will be the 3rd seed in the 4 team 2023 Chattanooga Regional and will open up against 2nd seed North Carolina Central.

UCLA will be the 3rd seed in the 16 team 2023 Coaches vs. Cancer Classic and will open up against 14th seed South Dakota State.

Northwestern will be the 4th seed in the 2023 Corpus Christi Coastal Classic and will open up against 5th seed West Virginia.

UConn will be the 6th seed in the 16 team 2023 Hall of Fame Classic and will open up against 11th seed Louisiana Tech.

Alabama will be the 2nd seed in the 16 team 2023 Las Vegas Classic and will open up against 15th seed UCF.

Hawaii will be the 10th seed in the 16 team 2023 Las Vegas Classic and will open up against 7th seed Colorado State.

Colorado will be the 2nd seed in the 2023 Main Event and will open up against 7th seed Belmont.

FIU will be the 5th seed in the 2023 Main Event and will open up against 4th seed Fresno State.

Tulsa will be the 7th seed in the 2023 Maui Invitational and will open up against 2nd seed Miami.

Washington State will be the top seed in the 4 team 2023 Meadowlands Regional and will open up against 4th seen Alcorn State.

TCU will be the top seed in the 2023 NIT Season Tip-Off and will open up against 8th seed UMKC.

Hartford will be the 6th seed in the 2023 Paradise Jam and will open up against 3rd seed Tennessee State.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:04 PM   #591
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

OK, come on Rainbow Warriors! Don't make me regret my decision!
Old 10-11-2017, 06:54 PM   #592
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2023-2024 Preseason Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Georgetown (62) 0-0 1788 6 Big East Conference 2. Arizona (6) 0-0 1700 7 Pacific-12 Conference 3. Iowa State (2) 0-0 1640 NR Big 12 Conference 4. Oklahoma (1) 0-0 1532 NR Big 12 Conference 5. Louisville 0-0 1489 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 6. Syracuse (1) 0-0 1433 1 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Baylor 0-0 1303 NR Big 12 Conference 8. Vanderbilt 0-0 1296 21 Southeastern Conference 9. Ohio State 0-0 1222 10 Big Ten Conference 10. Virginia 0-0 1183 4 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Villanova 0-0 1026 16 Big East Conference 12. Providence 0-0 981 NR Big East Conference 13. California 0-0 948 NR Pacific-12 Conference 14. Iowa 0-0 898 NR Big Ten Conference 15. Michigan State 0-0 781 NR Big Ten Conference 16. Stanford 0-0 664 13 Pacific-12 Conference 17. Kansas 0-0 561 NR Big 12 Conference 18. VCU 0-0 490 NR Southeastern Conference 19. Wisconsin 0-0 484 3 Big Ten Conference 20. Texas A&M 0-0 320 NR Southeastern Conference 21. Alabama 0-0 315 18 Southeastern Conference 22. Maryland 0-0 193 NR Big Ten Conference 23. BYU 0-0 184 23 West Coast Conference 24. Florida State 0-0 179 12 Atlantic Coast Conference 25. Miami 0-0 177 NR Atlantic Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: Washington 0-0 74 Pacific-12 Conference Nebraska 0-0 66 Big Ten Conference St. Bonaventure 0-0 64 Atlantic 10 Conference Gonzaga 0-0 63 Pacific-12 Conference UCLA 0-0 48 Pacific-12 Conference Creighton 0-0 46 Big East Conference Kentucky 0-0 40 Southeastern Conference Indiana 0-0 22 Big Ten Conference West Virginia 0-0 22 Big 12 Conference Colorado 0-0 15 Pacific-12 Conference Illinois 0-0 14 Big Ten Conference St. John's 0-0 11 Big East Conference UNLV 0-0 11 Mountain West Conference Buffalo 0-0 10 Mid-American Conference Arkansas 0-0 9 Southeastern Conference Nevada 0-0 9 Mountain West Conference Boise State 0-0 8 Mountain West Conference Marquette 0-0 8 Big East Conference Pittsburgh 0-0 8 Atlantic Coast Conference Louisiana Tech 0-0 7 Conference USA San Diego State 0-0 7 Mountain West Conference Arizona State 0-0 6 Pacific-12 Conference Columbia 0-0 5 Ivy League Xavier 0-0 5 Big East Conference Fordham 0-0 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Arizona 0-0 4 Big Sky Conference Oregon 0-0 4 Pacific-12 Conference Richmond 0-0 4 Atlantic 10 Conference Florida 0-0 3 Southeastern Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 3 Western Athletic Conference Manhattan 0-0 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Virginia Tech 0-0 3 Atlantic Coast Conference Illinois State 0-0 2 Missouri Valley Conference Oklahoma State 0-0 2 Big 12 Conference Green Bay 0-0 1 Horizon League Memphis 0-0 1 American Athletic Conference New Mexico 0-0 1 Mountain West Conference
Old 10-11-2017, 06:57 PM   #593
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Code:
2023-2024 Preseason Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. BYU (54) 0-0 1739 4 West Coast Conference 2. St. Bonaventure (7) 0-0 1537 19 Atlantic 10 Conference 3. Louisiana Tech (4) 0-0 1042 NR Conference USA 4. Memphis (1) 0-0 931 NR American Athletic Conference 5. Illinois State (3) 0-0 909 NR Missouri Valley Conference 6. Boise State 0-0 784 NR Mountain West Conference 7. Wichita State 0-0 784 1 Missouri Valley Conference 8. Cincinnati 0-0 751 10 American Athletic Conference 9. San Diego State 0-0 744 7 Mountain West Conference 10. Yale 0-0 599 2 Ivy League 11. Kent State 0-0 590 6 Mid-American Conference 12. Buffalo 0-0 556 NR Mid-American Conference 13. New Mexico 0-0 544 NR Mountain West Conference 14. Richmond (1) 0-0 479 25 Atlantic 10 Conference 15. SMU 0-0 478 NR American Athletic Conference 16. Eastern Michigan 0-0 399 NR Mid-American Conference 17. Saint Mary's 0-0 399 NR West Coast Conference 18. South Florida 0-0 394 NR American Athletic Conference 19. Connecticut 0-0 339 NR American Athletic Conference 20. Davidson 0-0 305 12 Atlantic 10 Conference 21. Pepperdine 0-0 278 NR West Coast Conference 22. Akron 0-0 267 NR Mid-American Conference 23. Saint Joseph's 0-0 255 5 Atlantic 10 Conference 24. Fresno State 0-0 248 NR Mountain West Conference 25. Portland 0-0 230 17 West Coast Conference Others Receiving Votes: UAB 0-0 220 Atlantic 10 Conference Western Michigan 0-0 213 Mid-American Conference UC Irvine 0-0 196 Big West Conference UNLV 0-0 196 Mountain West Conference Indiana State 0-0 194 Missouri Valley Conference Santa Clara 0-0 191 West Coast Conference Northern Iowa 0-0 188 Missouri Valley Conference Evansville 0-0 164 Missouri Valley Conference San Diego 0-0 164 West Coast Conference Utah State 0-0 157 Mountain West Conference Rhode Island 0-0 153 Atlantic 10 Conference Loyola Chicago 0-0 152 Missouri Valley Conference Tulsa 0-0 151 American Athletic Conference William & Mary 0-0 147 Colonial Athletic Association UC Santa Barbara 0-0 135 Big West Conference Colorado State 0-0 133 Mountain West Conference Old Dominion 0-0 127 Conference USA FIU 0-0 123 Conference USA Toledo 0-0 123 Mid-American Conference Massachusetts 0-0 119 Atlantic 10 Conference Southern Illinois 0-0 116 Missouri Valley Conference Harvard 0-0 112 Ivy League Georgia State 0-0 111 Horizon League Middle Tennessee 0-0 108 Conference USA George Washington 0-0 105 Atlantic 10 Conference Green Bay 0-0 103 Horizon League Fordham 0-0 102 Atlantic 10 Conference Columbia 0-0 100 Ivy League La Salle 0-0 96 Atlantic 10 Conference Air Force 0-0 92 Mountain West Conference Dayton 0-0 90 Atlantic 10 Conference Nevada 0-0 87 Mountain West Conference Northeastern 0-0 84 Colonial Athletic Association Temple 0-0 84 American Athletic Conference USC 0-0 84 West Coast Conference Tulane 0-0 81 American Athletic Conference Wyoming 0-0 81 Mountain West Conference East Carolina 0-0 76 American Athletic Conference Mercer 0-0 72 Southern Conference Florida Gulf Coast 0-0 71 Sun Belt Conference Oakland 0-0 70 Horizon League Loyola Marymount 0-0 68 West Coast Conference Mississippi State 0-0 68 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 68 Mid-American Conference UCF 0-0 68 American Athletic Conference Belmont 0-0 66 Ohio Valley Conference Duquesne 0-0 63 Atlantic 10 Conference Elon 0-0 62 Colonial Athletic Association Manhattan 0-0 60 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Long Beach State 0-0 59 Big West Conference Bowling Green 0-0 58 Mid-American Conference Pacific 0-0 55 West Coast Conference Drexel 0-0 51 Colonial Athletic Association Hofstra 0-0 47 Colonial Athletic Association Princeton 0-0 45 Ivy League UTEP 0-0 44 Conference USA San Francisco 0-0 42 West Coast Conference James Madison 0-0 41 Colonial Athletic Association Bradley 0-0 40 Missouri Valley Conference Niagara 0-0 40 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Drake 0-0 39 Missouri Valley Conference George Mason 0-0 39 Conference USA Florida Atlantic 0-0 38 Conference USA UNC Wilmington 0-0 38 Colonial Athletic Association Illinois Chicago 0-0 37 Horizon League Radford 0-0 37 Big South Conference Eastern Illinois 0-0 35 Ohio Valley Conference Iona 0-0 35 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference VMI 0-0 34 Southern Conference Albany 0-0 33 America East Conference SIU Edwardsville 0-0 33 Ohio Valley Conference American 0-0 31 Patriot League Canisius 0-0 31 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Hampton 0-0 31 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Western Illinois 0-0 30 Southland Conference Cornell 0-0 29 Ivy League Norfolk State 0-0 29 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Dartmouth 0-0 28 Ivy League Louisiana Lafayette 0-0 28 Sun Belt Conference Saint Louis 0-0 28 Atlantic 10 Conference San Jose State 0-0 28 Mountain West Conference Chicago State 0-0 27 Western Athletic Conference Colgate 0-0 26 Patriot League Longwood 0-0 26 Big South Conference Liberty 0-0 24 Big South Conference Northern Arizona 0-0 24 Big Sky Conference St. Francis NY 0-0 24 Northeast Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 23 Western Athletic Conference Milwaukee 0-0 23 Horizon League North Dakota State 0-0 23 Summit League Oral Roberts 0-0 23 Summit League Army 0-0 22 Patriot League Florida A&M 0-0 22 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Missouri State 0-0 22 Missouri Valley Conference Portland State 0-0 22 Big Sky Conference Towson 0-0 22 Colonial Athletic Association North Dakota 0-0 21 Big Sky Conference UMKC 0-0 21 Western Athletic Conference North Florida 0-0 20 Atlantic Sun Conference Siena 0-0 20 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Austin Peay 0-0 19 Ohio Valley Conference Boston University 0-0 19 Patriot League Southeast Missouri State 0-0 19 Ohio Valley Conference Holy Cross 0-0 18 Patriot League Tennessee Martin 0-0 18 Ohio Valley Conference Lehigh 0-0 17 Patriot League Stony Brook 0-0 17 America East Conference Tennessee State 0-0 17 Ohio Valley Conference UMass Lowell 0-0 17 America East Conference East Tennessee State 0-0 16 Southern Conference Cal State Fullerton 0-0 15 Big West Conference Houston 0-0 15 American Athletic Conference Tennessee Tech 0-0 15 Ohio Valley Conference Chattanooga 0-0 14 Southern Conference Hawaii 0-0 13 Big West Conference Murray State 0-0 13 Ohio Valley Conference North Carolina Central 0-0 13 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Bethune Cookman 0-0 12 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Binghamton 0-0 12 America East Conference Cal State Northridge 0-0 12 Big West Conference Southern Miss 0-0 11 Conference USA Stetson 0-0 11 Atlantic Sun Conference Marist 0-0 10 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UC Riverside 0-0 10 Big West Conference Charlotte 0-0 9 Conference USA Jacksonville 0-0 9 Atlantic Sun Conference Lipscomb 0-0 9 Atlantic Sun Conference Cal Poly 0-0 8 Big West Conference Penn 0-0 8 Ivy League Bucknell 0-0 7 Patriot League Marshall 0-0 7 Conference USA Northern Kentucky 0-0 7 Sun Belt Conference Stephen F. Austin 0-0 6 Horizon League Wagner 0-0 6 Northeast Conference Western Carolina 0-0 6 Southern Conference Lafayette 0-0 5 Patriot League LIU Brooklyn 0-0 5 Northeast Conference Quinnipiac 0-0 5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Sacramento State 0-0 5 Big Sky Conference UC Davis 0-0 5 Big West Conference UNC Greensboro 0-0 4 Southern Conference Cleveland State 0-0 3 Horizon League Delaware 0-0 3 Colonial Athletic Association Robert Morris 0-0 3 Northeast Conference Cal State Bakersfield 0-0 2 Western Athletic Conference North Texas 0-0 2 Conference USA
Old 10-11-2017, 07:01 PM   #594
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Milestone Win Watch for 2023-2024 Season

Coaches Within 25 Wins of 200 Career Wins

Benito Sanchez (Stanford)- 25 wins away
Al Mighty (Notre Dame)- 24 wins away

Coaches Within 25 Wins of 100 Career Wins

Ess Vee (Northwestern)- 7 wins away
Will Brown (Tulsa)- 4 wins away

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 10-31-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:14 PM   #595
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 10-12, 2023

Only 4 games on the schedule this week, thanks to that short opening weekend. None of them are feature games, so let's get to it. Again, I'll only be featuring the teams that played.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 0-1, 0-0 American.

11/10/23- Hall of Fame Classic First Round vs. (11) Louisiana Tech (L 93-87).

Not a good start to the season for the Huskies, as they were favored in this one. FIU and Rice can attest though, LA Tech is a pretty darn good team.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 0-1, 0-0 Big 12.

11/12/23 vs. Washington (L 51-47).

A tough one for the Horned Frogs as they fought, but couldn't come away with the victory.

UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 2-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/10/23- Coaches vs. Cancer Classic First Round vs. (14) South Dakota State (W 90-54).
11/12/23- Coaches vs. Cancer Classic Quarterfinal vs. (6) #17 Kansas (W 72-63).

Good start for the Bruins. Are they back? We'll learn a lot more in the Coaches vs. Classic semifinal as they take on top seeded and top ranked Georgetown.

Here's a look at the national top 25 heading into the week of Nov. 13-19, the first full week of the season:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Georgetown (68) 2-0 1796 1 Big East Conference 2. Arizona (3) 0-0 1687 2 Pacific-12 Conference 3. Iowa State 0-0 1616 3 Big 12 Conference 4. Syracuse (1) 2-0 1592 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 5. Oklahoma 1-0 1504 4 Big 12 Conference 6. Louisville 0-0 1426 5 Atlantic Coast Conference 7. Baylor 0-0 1289 7 Big 12 Conference 8. Vanderbilt 0-0 1289 8 Southeastern Conference 9. Ohio State 0-0 1209 9 Big Ten Conference 10. Virginia 0-0 1179 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Villanova 0-0 1030 11 Big East Conference 12. Providence 0-0 986 12 Big East Conference 13. California 0-0 967 13 Pacific-12 Conference 14. Iowa 0-0 900 14 Big Ten Conference 15. Stanford 0-0 725 16 Pacific-12 Conference 16. Wisconsin 1-0 696 19 Big Ten Conference 17. Alabama 0-0 481 21 Southeastern Conference 18. Texas A&M 0-0 475 20 Southeastern Conference 19. Maryland 0-0 328 22 Big Ten Conference 20. Florida State 0-0 322 24 Atlantic Coast Conference 21. Miami 0-0 315 25 Atlantic Coast Conference 22. BYU 0-0 301 23 West Coast Conference 23. UCLA 2-0 290 NR Pacific-12 Conference 24. Washington 1-0 198 NR Pacific-12 Conference 25. Gonzaga 1-0 154 NR Pacific-12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Nebraska 0-0 114 Big Ten Conference Creighton 0-0 76 Big East Conference Pittsburgh 2-0 55 Atlantic Coast Conference Kentucky 0-0 52 Southeastern Conference Indiana 0-0 39 Big Ten Conference West Virginia 0-0 33 Big 12 Conference Louisiana Tech 1-0 30 Conference USA Memphis 1-0 29 American Athletic Conference Illinois 0-0 19 Big Ten Conference USC 2-0 16 West Coast Conference Colorado 0-0 15 Pacific-12 Conference Arkansas 0-0 13 Southeastern Conference Kansas State 2-0 12 Big 12 Conference St. John's 0-0 12 Big East Conference Buffalo 0-0 11 Mid-American Conference Marquette 0-0 10 Big East Conference Fresno State 1-0 9 Mountain West Conference Old Dominion 1-0 9 Conference USA Purdue 1-0 8 Big Ten Conference Cal Poly 2-0 7 Big West Conference Richmond 0-0 7 Atlantic 10 Conference Arizona State 0-0 6 Pacific-12 Conference Iona 1-0 6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Oklahoma State 1-0 6 Big 12 Conference Florida 0-0 5 Southeastern Conference Fordham 0-0 5 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Arizona 1-0 5 Big Sky Conference Xavier 0-0 5 Big East Conference Illinois State 0-0 4 Missouri Valley Conference Manhattan 0-0 4 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Boise State 0-0 3 Mountain West Conference Canisius 1-0 3 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference San Diego State 0-0 3 Mountain West Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 2 Western Athletic Conference LSU 1-0 2 Southeastern Conference Mercer 2-0 2 Southern Conference Northwestern 0-0 2 Big Ten Conference Tulsa 0-0 2 American Athletic Conference William & Mary 0-0 2 Colonial Athletic Association Cincinnati 1-0 1 American Athletic Conference Harvard 1-0 1 Ivy League

Northwestern and Tulsa get votes this week, not that it means much with so many teams not having played yet. Stanford and Alabama move up, and UCLA jumps into the top 25.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:17 PM   #596
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

And a look at the mid-major top 25 going into the week of Nov. 13-19:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. BYU (60) 0-0 1735 1 West Coast Conference 2. Louisiana Tech (4) 1-0 1196 3 Conference USA 3. Memphis (2) 1-0 1066 4 American Athletic Conference 4. Cincinnati (2) 1-0 926 8 American Athletic Conference 5. Illinois State (1) 0-0 850 5 Missouri Valley Conference 6. USC 2-0 772 NR West Coast Conference 7. Yale 1-0 730 10 Ivy League 8. Mercer 2-0 716 NR Southern Conference 9. Boise State 0-0 650 6 Mountain West Conference 10. Western Michigan 1-0 620 NR Mid-American Conference 11. Cal Poly 2-0 587 NR Big West Conference 12. Eastern Michigan 1-0 577 16 Mid-American Conference 13. Fresno State 1-0 554 24 Mountain West Conference 14. UAB 1-0 551 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 15. Wichita State 0-0 551 7 Missouri Valley Conference 16. San Diego State 0-0 500 9 Mountain West Conference 17. Delaware 2-0 465 NR Colonial Athletic Association 18. Harvard 1-0 387 NR Ivy League 19. Georgia Southern 2-0 344 NR Sun Belt Conference 20. Robert Morris 2-0 331 NR Northeast Conference 21. Drake 1-0 322 NR Missouri Valley Conference 22. Kent State 0-0 303 11 Mid-American Conference 23. Buffalo (1) 0-0 282 12 Mid-American Conference 24. New Mexico 0-0 282 13 Mountain West Conference 25. North Texas 1-0 245 NR Conference USA Others Receiving Votes: Richmond 0-0 244 Atlantic 10 Conference Pepperdine 0-0 239 West Coast Conference Old Dominion 1-0 237 Conference USA SMU 0-0 235 American Athletic Conference North Dakota State 1-0 224 Summit League South Florida 0-0 206 American Athletic Conference UC Riverside 1-0 198 Big West Conference Akron 0-0 193 Mid-American Conference UC Irvine 0-0 191 Big West Conference Santa Clara 0-0 189 West Coast Conference UCF 1-0 177 American Athletic Conference San Diego 0-0 163 West Coast Conference Indiana State 0-0 162 Missouri Valley Conference Utah State 0-0 161 Mountain West Conference Northern Iowa 0-0 160 Missouri Valley Conference UC Davis 1-0 146 Big West Conference Saint Joseph's 0-0 138 Atlantic 10 Conference Colorado State 0-0 136 Mountain West Conference William & Mary 0-0 134 Colonial Athletic Association Tulsa 0-0 130 American Athletic Conference Evansville 0-0 127 Missouri Valley Conference FIU 0-0 119 Conference USA Florida Atlantic 1-0 115 Conference USA Rhode Island 0-0 112 Atlantic 10 Conference Massachusetts 0-0 109 Atlantic 10 Conference Drexel 1-0 105 Colonial Athletic Association Georgia State 0-0 100 Horizon League Toledo 0-0 99 Mid-American Conference George Washington 0-0 97 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Illinois 0-0 97 Mid-American Conference Middle Tennessee 0-0 96 Conference USA Loyola Marymount 0-0 95 West Coast Conference Canisius 1-0 93 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Wyoming 0-0 90 Mountain West Conference Iona 1-0 85 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference La Salle 0-0 85 Atlantic 10 Conference Marshall 1-0 84 Conference USA Pacific 0-0 83 West Coast Conference Fordham 0-0 81 Atlantic 10 Conference Tulane 0-0 76 American Athletic Conference Bowling Green 0-0 74 Mid-American Conference Long Beach State 0-0 73 Big West Conference UTEP 0-0 72 Conference USA East Carolina 0-0 71 American Athletic Conference San Francisco 0-0 71 West Coast Conference Northern Arizona 1-0 70 Big Sky Conference Northeastern 0-0 65 Colonial Athletic Association Bradley 0-0 63 Missouri Valley Conference Mississippi State 0-0 62 Atlantic 10 Conference Temple 0-0 62 American Athletic Conference IUPUI 1-0 61 Summit League Elon 0-0 57 Colonial Athletic Association Manhattan 0-0 57 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Brown 1-0 56 Ivy League Morehead State 1-0 46 Ohio Valley Conference Illinois Chicago 0-0 42 Horizon League Houston 0-0 41 American Athletic Conference Duquesne 0-0 40 Atlantic 10 Conference James Madison 0-0 40 Colonial Athletic Association Cornell 0-0 39 Ivy League SIU Edwardsville 0-0 39 Ohio Valley Conference Stony Brook 1-0 39 America East Conference George Mason 0-0 38 Conference USA UNC Wilmington 0-0 38 Colonial Athletic Association Colgate 0-0 36 Patriot League Hawaii 0-0 36 Big West Conference Radford 0-0 36 Big South Conference Western Illinois 0-0 36 Southland Conference Hampton 0-0 32 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Cal State Northridge 0-0 30 Big West Conference St. Francis NY 0-0 30 Northeast Conference Norfolk State 0-0 29 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Army 0-0 28 Patriot League Louisiana Lafayette 0-0 27 Sun Belt Conference New Mexico State 1-0 26 Western Athletic Conference Wagner 1-0 26 Northeast Conference Liberty 0-0 24 Big South Conference Princeton 0-0 24 Ivy League USC Upstate 1-0 24 Atlantic Sun Conference Grand Canyon 0-0 23 Western Athletic Conference Saint Peter's 1-0 23 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference UMKC 0-0 23 Western Athletic Conference Marist 0-0 22 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Portland State 0-0 22 Big Sky Conference North Dakota 0-0 21 Big Sky Conference Southeast Missouri State 0-0 21 Ohio Valley Conference Cleveland State 0-0 20 Horizon League Florida A&M 0-0 20 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Loyola MD 1-0 20 Patriot League Murray State 0-0 20 Ohio Valley Conference American 0-0 19 Patriot League Southern Utah 1-0 19 Big Sky Conference UMass Lowell 0-0 19 America East Conference North Florida 0-0 18 Atlantic Sun Conference Tennessee Martin 0-0 18 Ohio Valley Conference Tennessee State 0-0 17 Ohio Valley Conference LIU Brooklyn 0-0 16 Northeast Conference Stephen F. Austin 0-0 15 Horizon League Chattanooga 0-0 14 Southern Conference Northern Kentucky 0-0 14 Sun Belt Conference Central Michigan 0-0 12 Mid-American Conference Dartmouth 0-0 11 Ivy League North Carolina Central 0-0 11 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Lipscomb 0-0 10 Atlantic Sun Conference Charlotte 0-0 9 Conference USA Denver 0-0 7 Summit League Western Carolina 0-0 7 Southern Conference Lehigh 0-0 6 Patriot League Ohio 0-0 6 Mid-American Conference Penn 0-0 2 Ivy League Coastal Carolina 1-0 1 Big South Conference Miami OH 0-0 1 Mid-American Conference

Tough week for UConn, as they lose all their votes in the mid-major poll. Ouch!
Old 10-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #597
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Nov. 13-19, 2023

22 games on the schedule this week. No feature games though, and a few tournament games. Let's get to it:

Hartford (David Ginsberg) -- 1-1, 0-0 America East.

11/16/23- Paradise Jam First Round vs. (3) Tennessee State (L 76-65).
11/19/23- Paradise Jam Consolation Round vs. (2) Penn (W 57-49).

A split for the Hawks in their first 2 games of the Paradise Jam. They'll play for 5th next week.

UConn (Randolph Childress) -- 0-1, 0-0 American.

No games this week for Coach Childress and the Huskies. Because they lost earlier than expected in their tournament, they actually get this week and next week off.

Tulsa (Will Brown) -- 2-0, 0-0 American.

11/14/23 at Florida A&M (W 65-63).
11/17/23 vs. Mississippi State (W 78-75).

2 tight wins for the Golden Hurricane, who take a lot of momentum into their tournament which begins next week.

Notre Dame (Al Mighty) -- 0-0, 0-0 ACC.

No games this week for Coach Mighty and the Irish, who will play their first game next week.

TCU (Bee Mighty) -- 0-2, 0-0 Big 12.

11/17/23 vs. Virginia Tech (L 78-77).

1 game this week for the Horned Frogs, and it was a very tough loss. They'll look to redeem themselves in their season tournament next week.

St. John's (Den Hoo) -- 2-0, 0-0 Big East.

11/14/23 at Iona (W 73-62).
11/18/23 at Winthrop (W 85-74).

Good start for Coach Hoo at his new school. Granted, the competition wasn't overly tough, but it's always harder to win on the road, especially with a new squad.

Northwestern (Ess Vee) -- 1-1, 0-0 Big Ten.

11/13/23 vs. Indiana State (W 98-90).
11/19/23- Corpus Christi Coastal Classic vs. (5) West Virginia (L 85-74).

A split this week for the Wildcats, who were hoping for a better game in their season tournament opener. They'll have 2 more games and should be in a good position to salvage 5th place.

Hawaii (B.B. Gunn) -- 2-0, 0-0 Big West.

11/14/23 at SMU (W 84-67).
11/18/23 at Utah State (W 93-70).

2 dominating performances on the road for the Warriors, and that will make Coach Gunn very happy to start the season.

FIU (Brett Hawkins) -- 0-1, 0-0 Conference USA.

11/18/23 at #2 Arizona (L 89-57).

Give Coach Hawkins credit for sending his team on the road to play the 2nd ranked team in the country, but the result shows they still have a lot of work to do. Arizona is good though, real good.

Rice (Charlie Shocker) -- 0-1, 0-0 Conference USA.

11/17/23 at Georgia Southern (L 84-75).

Disappointing season opener for the Owls, losing to a team much lower in prestige than them. It was on the road though, and hopefully they can redeem themselves in their season tournament.

Colorado (Rob Nielsen) -- 1-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/13/23 at #22 BYU (W 106-101, OT).

An old fashioned shootout at BYU this week, but the Buffaloes survive. They'll take that momentum into their season tournament next week.

#15 Stanford (Benito Sanchez) -- 2-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/14/23 at #21 Miami (W 72-69, OT).
11/16/23 at Maine (W 79-59).

2 road wins for the Cardinal this week, but one of them in OT. They'll play their season tournament next week as well.

#23 UCLA (Tim Shepard) -- 3-1, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/17/23- Coaches vs. Cancer Classic Semifinal vs. (2) #1 Georgetown (W 79-76).
11/18/23- Coaches vs. Cancer Classic Championship vs. (1) #4 Syracuse (L 85-63).

Tough going for the Bruins against Syracuse, but still a heck of a run. Taking down the top ranked team in the nation was huge, but probably ran them out of gas.

Washington State (DeShawn St. John) -- 1-0, 0-0 Pac 12.

11/13/23 vs. Hampton (W 77-68).

The Cougars open the season with a win, and take some momentum into their season tournament next week.

#17 Alabama (Roy Rogers) -- 2-1, 0-0 SEC.

11/13/23 vs. Lehigh (W 71-63).
11/15/23 vs. Manhattan (W 99-60).
11/19/23 vs. Grambling State (L 67-59).

No idea what happened to the Crimson Tide against Grambling. Definitely a huge upset that will probably cost them quite a few votes. Hopefully they can get back on track, because 3 of their next 5 games are against teams currently ranked 20th or better.

Here's a look at the national top 25 going into the week of Nov. 20-26:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Arizona (42) 2-0 1757 2 Pacific-12 Conference 2. Syracuse (16) 4-0 1726 4 Atlantic Coast Conference 3. Louisville (7) 3-0 1621 6 Atlantic Coast Conference 4. Iowa State (6) 1-0 1611 3 Big 12 Conference 5. Oklahoma (1) 2-0 1514 5 Big 12 Conference 6. Ohio State 2-0 1406 9 Big Ten Conference 7. Vanderbilt 1-0 1276 8 Southeastern Conference 8. Baylor 1-0 1248 7 Big 12 Conference 9. Iowa 3-0 1226 14 Big Ten Conference 10. Virginia 1-0 1186 10 Atlantic Coast Conference 11. Villanova 2-0 1140 11 Big East Conference 12. Providence 2-0 1059 12 Big East Conference 13. Stanford 2-0 942 15 Pacific-12 Conference 14. Wisconsin 2-0 830 16 Big Ten Conference 15. Maryland 1-0 603 19 Big Ten Conference 16. Gonzaga 2-0 579 25 Pacific-12 Conference 17. Washington 2-0 567 24 Pacific-12 Conference 18. Georgetown 2-1 533 1 Big East Conference 19. Florida State 0-0 484 20 Atlantic Coast Conference 20. Creighton 1-0 377 NR Big East Conference 21. Kentucky 1-0 318 NR Southeastern Conference 22. Illinois 2-0 191 NR Big Ten Conference 23. USC 5-0 143 NR West Coast Conference 24. Wichita State 3-0 107 NR Missouri Valley Conference 25. California 1-1 101 13 Pacific-12 Conference Others Receiving Votes: Yale 4-0 92 Ivy League North Carolina 2-0 76 Atlantic Coast Conference Colorado 1-0 61 Pacific-12 Conference St. John's 2-0 52 Big East Conference Florida 2-0 48 Southeastern Conference Xavier 1-0 47 Big East Conference Miami 1-1 43 Atlantic Coast Conference Memphis 1-0 42 American Athletic Conference Old Dominion 2-0 32 Conference USA Utah 2-0 28 Pacific-12 Conference Pepperdine 2-0 24 West Coast Conference Texas Tech 2-0 24 Big 12 Conference Tulsa 2-0 22 American Athletic Conference Michigan State 1-1 21 Big Ten Conference Richmond 1-0 19 Atlantic 10 Conference San Diego 2-0 18 West Coast Conference Penn State 2-0 17 Big Ten Conference Akron 2-0 15 Mid-American Conference Fordham 1-0 13 Atlantic 10 Conference Bradley 2-0 12 Missouri Valley Conference Colorado State 2-0 12 Mountain West Conference Eastern Michigan 2-0 11 Mid-American Conference Georgia Southern 3-0 11 Sun Belt Conference Colgate 2-0 10 Patriot League Harvard 2-0 10 Ivy League Radford 2-0 10 Big South Conference San Diego State 1-0 10 Mountain West Conference Boston College 2-0 8 Atlantic Coast Conference Loyola Marymount 2-0 7 West Coast Conference Stony Brook 2-0 7 America East Conference Long Beach State 2-0 6 Big West Conference DePaul 1-0 5 Big East Conference Illinois Chicago 2-0 5 Horizon League James Madison 1-0 5 Colonial Athletic Association Marist 2-0 5 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Seton Hall 1-0 5 Big East Conference Houston 2-0 4 American Athletic Conference North Dakota State 2-0 4 Summit League Sam Houston State 3-0 3 Southland Conference San Francisco 2-0 3 West Coast Conference Georgia 1-0 2 Southeastern Conference Hawaii 2-0 2 Big West Conference Northern Illinois 1-0 2 Mid-American Conference Florida Atlantic 2-0 1 Conference USA New Mexico 1-0 1 Mountain West Conference

Stanford moves up 2 spots, but a total lack of disrespect for UCLA. I know they had a rough season last season, but they did beat the top ranked team in the nation this week, and can't even get a single vote? Pretty sketchy if you ask me.

Now for a look at the mid-major top 25 heading into the week of Nov. 20-26:

Code:
# Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference test test test test -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. USC (28) 5-0 1510 6 West Coast Conference 2. Wichita State (15) 3-0 1402 15 Missouri Valley Conference 3. Yale (14) 4-0 1384 7 Ivy League 4. Memphis (8) 1-0 1072 3 American Athletic Conference 5. Tulsa (1) 2-0 1022 NR American Athletic Conference 6. Pepperdine 2-0 1008 NR West Coast Conference 7. San Diego 2-0 953 NR West Coast Conference 8. Akron 2-0 931 NR Mid-American Conference 9. Eastern Michigan 2-0 836 12 Mid-American Conference 10. Old Dominion (2) 2-0 753 NR Conference USA 11. Colorado State 2-0 746 NR Mountain West Conference 12. Houston 2-0 726 NR American Athletic Conference 13. Bradley (2) 2-0 629 NR Missouri Valley Conference 14. Sam Houston State 3-0 596 NR Southland Conference 15. San Diego State 1-0 556 16 Mountain West Conference 16. Long Beach State 2-0 536 NR Big West Conference 17. Hawaii 2-0 488 NR Big West Conference 18. Harvard 2-0 453 18 Ivy League 19. Loyola Marymount 2-0 423 NR West Coast Conference 20. Central Michigan 2-0 408 NR Mid-American Conference 21. North Dakota State 2-0 366 NR Summit League 22. San Francisco 2-0 336 NR West Coast Conference 23. Richmond 1-0 333 NR Atlantic 10 Conference 24. New Mexico 1-0 308 24 Mountain West Conference 25. Fresno State 1-0 297 13 Mountain West Conference Others Receiving Votes: Drake 2-0 293 Missouri Valley Conference Georgia Southern 3-0 275 Sun Belt Conference Saint Joseph's 1-0 245 Atlantic 10 Conference Prairie View A&M 3-0 198 Southwestern Athletic Conference Illinois Chicago 2-0 195 Horizon League Radford 2-0 190 Big South Conference Santa Clara 1-0 186 West Coast Conference George Washington 1-0 184 Atlantic 10 Conference Florida Atlantic 2-0 177 Conference USA Fordham 1-0 174 Atlantic 10 Conference Northern Illinois 1-0 170 Mid-American Conference Delaware 2-0 165 Colonial Athletic Association Bowling Green 1-0 154 Mid-American Conference Colgate 2-0 153 Patriot League Southern Utah 2-0 152 Big Sky Conference James Madison 1-0 151 Colonial Athletic Association Middle Tennessee 1-0 151 Conference USA East Carolina 1-0 145 American Athletic Conference Stony Brook 2-0 122 America East Conference Ohio 1-0 118 Mid-American Conference Marshall 2-0 116 Conference USA Massachusetts 0-0 111 Atlantic 10 Conference Saint Peter's 2-0 106 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Marist 2-0 101 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference Northwestern State 2-0 101 Southland Conference Rhode Island 0-0 98 Atlantic 10 Conference North Carolina Central 0-0 95 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference Chattanooga 1-0 94 Southern Conference Alabama A&M 1-0 92 Southwestern Athletic Conference Princeton 1-0 89 Ivy League Kennesaw State 1-0 88 Atlantic Sun Conference Loyola MD 2-0 87 Patriot League Texas A&M Corpus Christi 1-0 87 Southland Conference IPFW 1-0 75 Summit League Wright State 1-0 71 Horizon League Southeastern Louisiana 1-0 70 Southland Conference UTEP 0-0 69 Conference USA Mississippi Valley State 1-0 61 Southwestern Athletic Conference Southern 0-0 50 Southwestern Athletic Conference Incarnate Word 1-0 34 Southland Conference Lamar 1-0 18 Southland Conference UTSA 0-0 12 Summit League Houston Baptist 0-0 5 Southland Conference

Good to see Hawaii up there, a little surprised to see Tulsa that high, but I hope it continues for both programs, as they deserve good seasons.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:12 AM   #598
rjolley
College Starter

UCLA drops the #1 team to #18, provides a step up for the #4 to #2 and can't get a vote? Let's hope the players are motivated and take it out on the rest of the NCAA.
Old 10-18-2017, 02:15 AM   #599
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Perfect record at St Johns, that's what I'm talking about.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #600
vex
Grizzled Veteran

This is Tulsa's year...for a 15-15 record. Again. Don't let the 2-0 start fool you.