Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-04-2014, 01:45 PM   #51
klayman
College Benchwarmer

So I started a seperate mobile roster as well. I was wondering if anybody would object if I joined the alliance with my mobile roster (already in with my steam roster). I'd be willing to drop my mobile roster if the alliance gets full and there is somebody else that wants to join.

klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 PM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Sirblurton I added you in. Sorry for the delay been away all day. Klayman, no problem go ahead and join the other account. As you say we can drop it later if needed

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #53
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Applied to join as katon256; I might not be posting here as much these days, but would still rather be in an alliance with people from a forum I like than a generic one.
Katon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:26 PM   #54
AnalBumCover
College Starter

"...they pull me back in! "
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:53 PM   #55
SackAttack
Head Coach

Since we have a couple open spots in the alliance, I joined with my mobile roster because there are a couple of experiments I want to run regarding rankings and the like.

Still one open spot and if we get another person who wants to join, I'll drop the mobile roster.

But in the meantime I'm curious about why I've been finishing so much higher with a shitty roster on mobile than I do with a reasonably strong one on PC, and I'm testing whether it has anything to do with the quality of the alliance the roster is tied to.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #56
SackAttack
Head Coach

Also, I completed the cover fight in Deadpool's Daily for the first time to get my Gamora a third cover. I'm pumped.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:07 AM   #57
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Since we have a couple open spots in the alliance, I joined with my mobile roster because there are a couple of experiments I want to run regarding rankings and the like.

Still one open spot and if we get another person who wants to join, I'll drop the mobile roster.

But in the meantime I'm curious about why I've been finishing so much higher with a shitty roster on mobile than I do with a reasonably strong one on PC, and I'm testing whether it has anything to do with the quality of the alliance the roster is tied to.

Just to follow up on this, here's what rankings look like for my two rosters with both as part of T.R.O.U.T.:

1318 points in Los Angeles has me at #109 on mobile.
1764 points in Los Angeles has me at #472 on PC.

1758 points in Wakanda has me at #45 on mobile.
2408 points in Wakanda has me at #336 on PC.

The displayed alliance ranks are slightly different for each of those as well:

Mobile shows 3069 overall, 2062 LA, 1758 Wakanda.
PC says 3039 overall, 2070 LA, 1755 Wakanda.

Not sure if there's a reporting lag between mobile connections and PC connections, or if there's something else going on there that might be affecting both the alliance and individual rankings.
Old 04-22-2015, 01:58 PM   #58
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ultron event coming up, and it sounds like there's going to be a focus on alliance interaction to take him down.

We've been averaging 8-10 people/day logging in to play. I'm hoping we can boost that a bit for this event so we can take Ultron down.
Old 04-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #59
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Are you able to add more people in the alliance? I could leave the one I'm in and join.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #60
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Are you able to add more people in the alliance? I could leave the one I'm in and join.

Yeah, I can drop my mobile roster from the alliance to make room for you.
Old 04-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #61
SackAttack
Head Coach

There's a spot open now, Ajaxab. Go get it.
Old 04-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #62
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Just applied to join...
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #63
SackAttack
Head Coach

Approved.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 PM   #64
SackAttack
Head Coach

T.R.O.U.T. peeps: we've got some information about how the event is going to work. Details:

D3Publisher Forums • View topic - Avengers vs Ultron event info

It sounds like if we can get a significant portion of the alliance to chip in and play the event, we stand a decent shot at being able to earn the Scarlet Witch covers.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:54 AM   #65
SackAttack
Head Coach

Ultron in 6 minutes woo
Old 04-24-2015, 11:32 AM   #66
klayman
College Benchwarmer

No ultron for you!
Old 04-24-2015, 01:51 PM   #67
SackAttack
Head Coach

I've been able to fight him all along, maybe because I was logged in already when the event began?

Running out of health packs though heh.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:03 PM   #68
SackAttack
Head Coach

Well, NOW no Ultron for me until Ultron Prime: Round 2 unlocks.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #69
Katon
College Benchwarmer

This is definitely a nice change of pace from the usual PvE, even if not having Quicksilver cuts me off from half the shots I could be taking at Ultron.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:46 PM   #70
SackAttack
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far. The jump to 5 or 6 sentries in the first wave of the essential fights was an unpleasant surprise.

the cornucopia of event tokens has been quite nice, though. I've pulled four 3* covers from 9 tokens so far - Squirrel Girl, Doom, Mystique and Ragnarok. I'm HOPING to pull a Scarlet Witch before the first runthrough (Ultron event is being run back-to-back with Quicksilver being the key character in the first one and Scarlet Witch in the 2nd) ends so that I can hit those essentials, also.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #71
SackAttack
Head Coach

Huh. Maybe the jump to 5 is only in the Quicksilver nodes.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #72
klayman
College Benchwarmer

No, I had 5 in my Black Widow node. Maybe it increases with each node?
Old 04-24-2015, 09:34 PM   #73
SackAttack
Head Coach

Not sure. My first QS node had 5 in the first wave, 3 in the second. The second QS node I did had 3 in each. The Black Widow node I did had 5-6 in the first wave and 3 in the 2nd.

It's jumping all over the place.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:53 PM   #74
Katon
College Benchwarmer

I also started having 5-6 in the most recent round's nodes.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:10 AM   #75
AnalBumCover
College Starter

So who's still playing this?

I've noticed we've had less than 50% participation in the T.R.O.U.T. alliance in our events. It would be nice to be able to break the #1000 ranking for once.

Maybe we can use this thread to coordinate our actions on a selected daily or weekly event to generate some points and earn some sweet loot.

Also, might I suggest the possibility of combining T.R.O.U.T. and S.Q.U.I.D. alliances if there is a lack of participation in either or both?
Old 08-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #76
Katon
College Benchwarmer

Still playing, but just DDQ and an hour or so of each PvP event. Haven't been PvEing much.
Old 08-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #77
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
So who's still playing this?

I've noticed we've had less than 50% participation in the T.R.O.U.T. alliance in our events. It would be nice to be able to break the #1000 ranking for once.

Maybe we can use this thread to coordinate our actions on a selected daily or weekly event to generate some points and earn some sweet loot.

Also, might I suggest the possibility of combining T.R.O.U.T. and S.Q.U.I.D. alliances if there is a lack of participation in either or both?

I don't think S.Q.U.I.D. has much in the way of FOFC membership. I created it as a sister FOFC alliance, nobody joined but Foz with one of his accounts (and maybe one other FOFC'er), so I made it public. Most of who's in there ain't FOFC.

That said, I play regularly on Steam (I'm usually one of the top three TROUTers in a given PVE), and really only dabble with DDQ on mobile because my roster is in this weird no-man's land where it can't really handle either PVP or PVE.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #78
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I just can't get past Simulation 13 in the Gauntlet event...

edit: i beat it, with a little bit of luck.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 09-10-2015 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:04 PM   #79
SackAttack
Head Coach

13's not so bad. The key is you want to take Scarlet Witch down as hard and fast as you can because her passive dovetails with Quicksilver's blue passive. If you don't match it off, it feeds her purple, and if you do, it sets the board up to make Quicksilver's moves cheaper and, eventually, make things blow up.
Old 09-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #80
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I've just started playing this. How does PvE work? I look at the levels of some of the enemies, and I don't think my low level guys stand much of a chance.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:54 PM   #81
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
I've just started playing this. How does PvE work? I look at the levels of some of the enemies, and I don't think my low level guys stand much of a chance.

Depends on what you mean by 'just started playing.' Before you tackle PvE you should probably have first completed the prologue, which will have given you a few 1* characters with decent power coverage and one or two 2* characters begun.

That said, enemies in PvE largely are going to scale based on your roster and who you use, too. There may be a baseline; my PvE baddies typically start at about level 33, but I have most of the 2* characters maxed at level 94, and my 3* are all at level 104, so 33 is nothing. Once the 'Easy' and 'Normal' nodes kick in, their levels are much higher.

If you've got a half-dozen characters at 25 and the baseline is that 33 or so, yeah, it's going to look tough.

You'll definitely have trouble with a super-newbie roster against nodes with board-movers (though if you've gotten the start on a 2* roster by getting Thor in the Prologue and maybe one or two other 2*, that will help).

One thing you can do to accelerate your 2* transition will be playing the two-wave fight in Deadpool's Daily Quest once you have one or two 2's who can carry your 1's.

Now, if by "PvE" what you actually meant was "versus," which is pseudo-PvP, that's a whole 'nother thing with its own intricacies.

But if the solo events are what you meant, the TL;DR answer is that you should probably complete the Prologue (though not necessarily earn every reward in every node) and have at least one, if not two, 2* characters with some coverage before you tackle PvE.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:23 AM   #82
AnalBumCover
College Starter

I'm still "pretty new" at this and, I've gotten pretty successful using 2*s Thor, Black Widow (Original) and Storm. I don't have them maxed out in levels, but they do have 13 covers.

And I've read that 2* Magneto can be used in place of Thor. I don't have him at full covers yet though.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #83
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Dola

Is it possible to win the Big Enchilada in DDQ with less than maxed 2* characters? I haven't bothered trying it yet.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #84
Umbrella
High School Varsity

OK, I think that makes sense. I'm still doing the prologue, and I have three 2* characters, but they are all still just level 15. I'll keep plugging away at the prologue for now.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:41 PM   #85
AnalBumCover
College Starter

And don't forget to level up the characters with any ISO-8 (the purple crystals) you earn. And combine any matching covers you earn with your existing characters to increase their special powers.
Old 09-18-2015, 01:14 AM   #86
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm still "pretty new" at this and, I've gotten pretty successful using 2*s Thor, Black Widow (Original) and Storm. I don't have them maxed out in levels, but they do have 13 covers.

And I've read that 2* Magneto can be used in place of Thor. I don't have him at full covers yet though.

Depends on what you're going for. Magneto is a phenomenal blue battery, and his red can bring some pain. But Thor is an almost entirely self-contained offensive machine. His red feeds his yellow feeds his green. Magneto's pink (purple whatever) can feed both his red and his blue, but his blue is dependent on the CD tile not getting matched off. I prefer to use him to feed 2* Storm's Wind Storm.

Quote:
Dola

Is it possible to win the Big Enchilada in DDQ with less than maxed 2* characters? I haven't bothered trying it yet.

You can do it with less than maxed 2* characters, but it's a challenge.

My first completion of the Big Enchilada in T.R.O.U.T. came after daedalus recommended a 2* team of Captain Marvel, Storm and Magneto. Those three were already max covers and levels for me on Steam when I did that.

Put the same team together with my S.Q.U.I.D. roster, and the first time I completed the Big Enchilada there, everybody was Lv70 or so. The problem is that Magneto and Storm are kind of squishy, so while that team CAN take down the Big Enchilada without being maxed, it requires some luck. Once I got 'em maxed, the only B.E. nodes that have given me trouble have been on Ninja Bullshit days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
OK, I think that makes sense. I'm still doing the prologue, and I have three 2* characters, but they are all still just level 15. I'll keep plugging away at the prologue for now.

Don't forget that levels are dependent on covers only to the extent that covers control the level cap. If your characters are level 15, but have more than, well, a single cover? You can train them with ISO-8. 1* characters start at level 1 and can reach level 40 if they have two powers, or level 50 if they have three powers. 2* characters start at level 15 and can reach level 94 with 3 powers (I don't think there are any two-power 2* any longer). 3* characters start at level 40 and can reach level 166, and 4* characters start at level 70 and can reach 270.

Each of those starting points is what you get from the first cover you pull; each cover thereafter adds to the level cap in a fairly predictable way. For example, each 3* cover a character gets will add ~10 levels to the cap (12 add'l covers, 126 levels from 40 to 166), but it will range from 10 levels exactly to 13, depending on how many covers are invested in a particular power when you add a new cover to that power.

TL;DR: unless your 2* only have a single cover from the prologue, you want to start investing ISO-8 in their growth. The faster you level them, the easier it's going to be to earn additional ISO-8 from Deadpool's Daily Quest, and the easier a time you'll have completing the prologue (and earning tokens from various sources to get more covers).

Quote:
And don't forget to level up the characters with any ISO-8 (the purple crystals) you earn. And combine any matching covers you earn with your existing characters to increase their special powers.

What he said. Any given power can have a maximum of five covers invested, and any given character can invest a total of 13 covers across their three powers. If you get a token and pull a cover of a character you have, go to 'Train' and click that character. If you can level up his or her skill with that cover, you'll see an icon with that cover highlighted. Alternatively, if you click 'roster' and then the rewards button, any trainable cover will have a bright, shiny 'Train' button you can click. It will either automatically train the power or ask you which power you want to de-level if the character already has 13 covers. I've got a few characters like that, where I have 13 covers invested but not in the build I want.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:23 PM   #87
twothree
College Prospect

So, I started playing this four days ago because this thread got bumped. I remember reading some bad reviews when it first came out, and then just ignored it or played other games. Curiousity finally got the better of me and I installed the game.

My account name is twothree4, and if a space opens up in T.R.O.U.T. I will contribute. Having fun so far and haven't spent a penny.

I think versus mode (seasons) is the easiest to win stuff from especially Hero Points. Though, when I first started playing I was wondering why my opponent was able to play so fast. I was playing it like bejeweled and just matching as quickly as possible because I didn't want my opponent to wait.

Anyway it seems like there are quite a few people that enter a versus season event and then don't bother to play it. Because I finished 65 out of 500 in the Red Shift event and won a 3 star Mystique, my first 3 star. The rest of my team is six 2 stars and three 1 stars that I liked (Black Widow, Storm, and Iron Man). I almost have the additional 300 hero points needed for 13 roster spots.

I just opened up the Oscorp prologue and was wondering if there is anything after the Dark Avengers Prologue? Or, do then just play Story mode when you get all the rewards from the prologue?
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:47 PM   #88
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
So, I started playing this four days ago because this thread got bumped. I remember reading some bad reviews when it first came out, and then just ignored it or played other games. Curiousity finally got the better of me and I installed the game.

My account name is twothree4, and if a space opens up in T.R.O.U.T. I will contribute. Having fun so far and haven't spent a penny.

There are a couple dormant spots in T.R.O.U.T. in that we have FOFCers who haven't played in almost a year; I tried to ping a couple of 'em on the forum the other day but I don't think they ever responded.

S.Q.U.I.D. has a couple FOFCers in it, but a lot of non-FOFCers, also. I've got a couple non-FOFCers there who haven't logged in in two weeks or more. I'd have no problem kicking one of them out if you want to slum it in S.Q.U.I.D. until such time as a T.R.O.U.T. spot opens up.[/quote]

Quote:
I think versus mode (seasons) is the easiest to win stuff from especially Hero Points. Though, when I first started playing I was wondering why my opponent was able to play so fast. I was playing it like bejeweled and just matching as quickly as possible because I didn't want my opponent to wait.

1) it's, uh...hm. here's the thing. Newer users get slotted into less doomy "brackets" in PVE and PVP. Might mean getting bracketed with uber-casual users, or with people who start playing and then quit, whatever. So early on, you're gonna have a ton of success in both PVP and PVE. If you play regularly, though, you're going to start getting bracketed with people who also play regularly. In PVP, that's probably going to mean getting outscored for rewards because you won't have all of the essential characters, and in PVP, that means you'll start seeing tougher matchups.

2) You probably figured this out already, but it's not pure PVP. You fight my most-recently-used characters, but the AI is doing all the matching. You're not fighting me, or any other human, directly. That's why you'll notice some no-brainer moves that your opponent will never take.

Quote:
Anyway it seems like there are quite a few people that enter a versus season event and then don't bother to play it. Because I finished 65 out of 500 in the Red Shift event and won a 3 star Mystique, my first 3 star. The rest of my team is six 2 stars and three 1 stars that I liked (Black Widow, Storm, and Iron Man). I almost have the additional 300 hero points needed for 13 roster spots.

Again, you're going to see that level of success dry up in a hurry if you continue to play regularly, so enjoy it while it lasts. What'll happen is you'll start with success, and then you're going to fall back some as your fledgling roster starts having to contend with rosters which have been built up, and then as you build your own roster and train it, you'll start climbing the ladder again. When you hit that wall (and you will, it's just a question of when), one strategy for keeping PVP viable for you might be to alternate seasons, or to not play every event in a season. That's what I did the season before the current one. I hadn't played two seasons ago, played last season and finished top 100 in most of the events, and then I'm largely sitting out this season because I've been bracketed with folks who punch above my weight again.

As far as Hero Points go, yeah, save those for roster spots. I wouldn't spend them on tokens unless it's an event where the tokens have a 50 HP daily deal (and even then I'd probably wait until your roster is ready to grow beyond the ten characters you have). Don't spend them on health packs. Don't spend them on individual covers for characters on your roster unless you plan to spend money regularly on the game, because 3* and 4* characters cost much more to acquire covers that way than do 2*.

If PVP continues to be a thing for you, shields are kind of an at-your-discretion thing. I will typically only shield at the end of an event if I'm placed highly enough to get a reward I want, and I will only do so the once. That keeps me in the -25 to +25 Hero Point band for the event. That is, I either spend a net 25 Hero Points to get the reward, or I get the reward and come out 25 Hero Points ahead. However, you're going to have to be able to reach ~650 points to do that regularly, and in a rookie bracket, finishing #65 means you probably turned in around 300, I'd guess? Something to keep in mind. To reiterate: spend your Hero Points on roster spots, and roster spots more or less exclusively.

Iron Man is a good 1* character to keep around even once your roster moves from 2* into 3* land, because he has no 2* equivalent. Storm and Black Widow both do, and so if you've been playing Deadpool's Daily Quest, the first fight where you have to select a 1* character, Storm and Black Widow will occasionally be locked out to you. Iron Man will always be available. Venom and Juggernaut are also good 1* choices for that reason.

Quote:
I just opened up the Oscorp prologue and was wondering if there is anything after the Dark Avengers Prologue? Or, do then just play Story mode when you get all the rewards from the prologue?

Dark Avengers is the end of the prologue. After that, you can continue playing prologue to collect all the rewards in there - standard tokens, Hero Points, ISO-8, etc - or you can start focusing on PVE and PVP. Your call, really.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:41 PM   #89
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Iron Man is a good 1* character to keep around even once your roster moves from 2* into 3* land, because he has no 2* equivalent. Storm and Black Widow both do, and so if you've been playing Deadpool's Daily Quest, the first fight where you have to select a 1* character, Storm and Black Widow will occasionally be locked out to you. Iron Man will always be available. Venom and Juggernaut are also good 1* choices for that reason.

Iron Man is great. Just because with him, a 2 star Black Widow, and a 2 star Human Torch, I was able to enter the story event Venom: Heroic. And after getting 16,000 points so far. I got awarded the 3 star Steve Rogers which I can also use in the Venom: Heroic story event. And once that event ends tommorow I will have a 3 star Doctor Octopus.

I tried Deadpool's Daily Quest but the rewards did not seem worth it until I have higher level characters. I was unable to survive two waves when I gave it a try. Though, I can beat the That Guy from That Place mission, which is why I kept three 1 star characters on my roster.

Thanks for all the info.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #90
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Iron Man is great. Just because with him, a 2 star Black Widow, and a 2 star Human Torch, I was able to enter the story event Venom: Heroic. And after getting 16,000 points so far. I got awarded the 3 star Steve Rogers which I can also use in the Venom: Heroic story event. And once that event ends tommorow I will have a 3 star Doctor Octopus.

I tried Deadpool's Daily Quest but the rewards did not seem worth it until I have higher level characters. I was unable to survive two waves when I gave it a try. Though, I can beat the That Guy from That Place mission, which is why I kept three 1 star characters on my roster.

Thanks for all the info.

No problem. A level 50 Iron Man can solo That Guy from That Place, FYI.

For where you are in the game, actually, once you have three characters around level 70 (I recommend Captain Marvel, Storm and Magneto), you'll be able to earn a Taco Token which, at your stage in the game, will be endlessly useful. You won't be able to earn the essential mission Taco Token or complete the Big Enchilada with the roster you've got, but the two-wave fight will get you useful tokens once you get three 2* in the 70-94 range.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #91
SackAttack
Head Coach

We have some open spots in T.R.O.U.T. if anybody's interested.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:34 PM   #92
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I'm interested. What do I need to do?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:54 PM   #93
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Tap bottom right tab under "Alliance"
Tap Search tab on top right.
Click "Display Private Alliances" box
Search for T.R.O.U.T. (spelled exactly how it looks here).
Old 10-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #94
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Tap bottom right tab under "Alliance"
Tap Search tab on top right.
Click "Display Private Alliances" box
Search for T.R.O.U.T. (spelled exactly how it looks here).

To clarify, the instructions ABC gave are for mobile. If you play on Steam, "Alliance" will be in the upper right, but the instructions are otherwise valid.

Also (at least on Steam) either T.R.O.U.T. or t.r.o.u.t. will return the match you want.

But those periods are critical.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #95
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
We have some open spots in T.R.O.U.T. if anybody's interested.

I signed up!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:53 PM   #96
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I signed up!

Approved. Welcome aboard!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 PM   #97
SnowMan
High School Varsity

I'm in, as well.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:48 PM   #98
rockboy70
Mascot

I joined up too.
rockboy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:12 PM   #99
SackAttack
Head Coach

Both of y'all been approved. Welcome to T.R.O.U.T.!
Old 10-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #100
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I've signed up too.