Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2020, 09:50 PM   #3651
JPhillips
General Manager

Yeah, that was a really nice message. Maybe being lost in the wilderness for a few years has changed her.
Old 08-11-2020, 09:55 PM   #3652
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

A lot of the GOP is going full bore on Harris not being black enough to be black.
Old 08-11-2020, 10:05 PM   #3653
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Trump donated to Kamala Harris twice as private citizen: NBC News - Business Insider

"Records show that Trump donated to Kamala Harris' campaigns twice while he was a private citizen"

I don't know why this would be shocking, considering Trump also donated to Hillary Clinton, John Kerry, Harry Reid and Rahm Emanuel in the past.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:06 PM   #3654
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola

A lot of the GOP is going full bore on Harris not being black enough to be black.

And add a vote for Harris means it was never about morals but to screw trump.

The mental gymnastics these people go through is truly impressive.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:21 AM   #3655
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Who is this classy lady, and what has she done with Sarah Palin???

Congrats To The Democrat VP Pick! Here's Some Advice And Lessons That We Have Learned - SARAH PALIN

Isn't getting advice from Palin on how to be a VP sort of like taking lessons from the Ford family on how to run a NFL team?
Old 08-12-2020, 12:06 PM   #3656
Flasch186
Coordinator

They're taking the racist bait hook, line, and sinker.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-12-2020, 01:07 PM   #3657
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Trump donated to Kamala Harris twice as private citizen: NBC News - Business Insider

"Records show that Trump donated to Kamala Harris' campaigns twice while he was a private citizen"

Businessmen feel politicians might be for sale?

Story at 11
Old 08-12-2020, 02:37 PM   #3658
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Isn't getting advice from Palin on how to be a VP sort of like taking lessons from the Ford family on how to run a NFL team?
Those who fail can more easily point out the potholes.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:34 PM   #3659
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Businessmen feel politicians might be for sale?

Story at 11

I know this has already been forgiven by his voters, but, I have no principles and will do whatever I think will make more money, isn't a better message.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:44 PM   #3660
JPhillips
General Manager

dola

Trumpers moving on to Kamala is a whore.

That will get the suburban women back.
Old 08-12-2020, 04:51 PM   #3661
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola

Trumpers moving on to Kamala is a whore.

That will get the suburban women back.

Say what now?
Old 08-12-2020, 06:09 PM   #3662
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Say what now?
Longstanding rumor on the right that she gave oral to a male superior for a promotion. I'm assuming that one has popped up again.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:16 PM   #3663
JPhillips
General Manager

Eric Trump liked a whorendous choice tweet.

Whorendous is becoming a popular attack.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:17 PM   #3664
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

This is just a hypothetical question, not meant to be morbid. If Biden were to pass away before the election, would Harris be the presidential nominee or would the DNC or their delegates vote on a replacement candidate?
Old 08-12-2020, 06:29 PM   #3665
bronconick
College Starter

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...s-over-part-2/

Quote:
Joshua Tucker: Okay, let’s continue where we left off. What happens if the party’s nominee dies or withdraws after having been officially nominated but before the November election?

Richard Pildes: This puts the ball in the hands of the “national political parties,” which for this purpose means the legal entities known as the Democratic and Republican national committees.

The Democratic National Committee has a clear rule for this situation. The 447 members of the Democratic National Committee, the entity that formally hosts the convention, would choose the new nominee. The DNC chair, currently Tom Perez, is required to consult with the Democratic leadership in Congress and with the Democratic Governors Association. After the consultation, the chair provides a report to the DNC members, who then make the choice.

The RNC has a similar rule
Old 08-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #3666
GrantDawg

It would probably be Kamala at this point. I really can't think of another realistic option.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #3667
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm assuming that one has popped up again.

Old 08-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #3668
GrantDawg

We now have at least one law professor saying that she is not a natural born citizen because her parents were not citizens. She was born in Oakland, but according to him that is not enough to make her a "natural born citizen."

Old 08-12-2020, 07:19 PM   #3669
Kodos
Resident Alien

Welcome to Obama is a Kenyan Part II.
Old 08-12-2020, 07:49 PM   #3670
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
It would probably be Kamala at this point. I really can't think of another realistic option.

I don't think that's necessarily true. For whatever reason, her presidential campaign never really caught fire with Democratic voters, peaking at 15% after the early debates. She dropped out of the race when her poll numbers dropped into the single digits.

I think you'd see a lot of angry Sanders, Warren, Bloomberg, Klobuchar and Buttigieg voters if she was anointed by the DNC.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:05 PM   #3671
GrantDawg

Oh, there would definitely be people upset. That is going to be true of whoever would be picked. But if he passed after the nominations are official next week, I can't see any way they could pick someone else. They are never going to pick Sanders (and really, how can they pick someone who is not an actual member of the party?). No one has enough delegates to make a real power play, not that the delegates would be bound after the convention anyway.
Optically, it would be a terrible look to nominate her as Vice President, in essence saying that she is ready to take over as president if something happened to Biden, and then not put her on the top of the ticket if he died before the election.

Old 08-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #3672
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Longstanding rumor on the right that she gave oral to a male superior for a promotion. I'm assuming that one has popped up again.

That's been a rumor in California for a long time.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:18 PM   #3673
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I think that rumor goes to any female politician.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:20 PM   #3674
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think that rumor goes to any female politician.

exactlly. god forbid a woman enjoys sex, and yes, I am aware this isn't necessarily about that.
Old 08-13-2020, 02:24 PM   #3675
Flasch186
Coordinator

Let me make sure I have this right for how this onion is being pulled back or let me know what incremental connection I'm missing:

Human Trafficking is awful
Sex Trafficking is awful
Child sex trafficking is awful
Adults who participate in child sex trafficking are awful
Adults who have money fund this trafficking and are awful
Adults who have money are elitists and they're awful
Elitists are made up of Hollywood elitists and they're awful
Hollywood Elitists are liberals and they're awful
Liberals are child sex traffickers and they're awful

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #3676
molson
General Manager

She dated Willie Brown, so it probably evolved from that.

IMO, her record is remarkably clean and full of accomplishments all things considered. It's one thing to just be a voice of opposition, or to even just exist in the comfortable world of Congress on your own terms where you can just vote and develop and maintain your political identity. It's another to actually work in the imperfect systems themselves, especially in such a high profile and flawed place like California, as both a DA and AG, especially the latter, whose role isn't always fully understood by voters. It's impossible to do that without developing some things to criticize, but that's the cost of being in the battle rather than just complaining about it from the private sector or Congress.

Last edited by molson : 08-13-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 03:53 PM   #3677
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
She dated Willie Brown, so it probably evolved from that.

IMO, her record is remarkably clean and full of accomplishments all things considered. It's one thing to just be a voice of opposition, or to even just exist in the comfortable world of Congress on your own terms where you can just vote and develop and maintain your political identity. It's another to actually work in the imperfect systems themselves, especially in such a high profile and flawed place like California, as both a DA and AG, especially the latter, whose role isn't always fully understood by voters. It's impossible to do that without developing some things to criticize, but that's the cost of being in the battle rather than just complaining about it from the private sector or Congress.
Sadly, there are a certain section of voters that more interested in "purity test" than actually getting things done. That segment is never going to be happy with anyone.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-13-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:04 PM   #3678
molson
General Manager

One of the most useful documents I have in my office has Harris' name on it. Just a huge California AG-developed detailed reference guide to a type of legal issue I deal with a lot. It's gold. I got it at a training her office either put together or produced materials for. Sadly its becoming outdated. I don't think they produce stuff like this anymore. But its a small daily reminder of the practical functionality and organization she brought to whatever office she was heading.

Last edited by molson : 08-13-2020 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #3679
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

They donated so that she wouldn't go after them for their Trump University scam. And it worked, she didn't pursue charges.

If anything this would be a GOP ad showing how for a few grand she can be bought.
Old 08-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #3680
GrantDawg

What? She donated all that money to charity. So you are saying she sold her integrity for a few thousand that in no way benefitted her? Sure.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:06 PM   #3681
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
What? She donated all that money to charity. So you are saying she sold her integrity for a few thousand that in no way benefitted her? Sure.

She allegedly gave the money to charity in 2015 when he declared he was running. Mind you, this is just a claim by her team and they have not shown where the money was donated to.

Trump donated in 2011 and 2013. The idea that this money was given away is silly. She held on to it for 4 years all the way through an election.

Mnuchin also didn't need to donate much to get himself out of massive mortgage fraud. So yes, I think she sells her integrity for pretty cheap.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:16 PM   #3682
GrantDawg

So, 4 grand buys a get out of jail free card? How did any drug dealer ever get charged? They couldn't swing a couple of grand?
The far left is a stupid and gullible as the far right.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #3683
GrantDawg

Why did anybody in California ever hire a lawyer, when at the fraction of the cost you could buy the AG.

Old 08-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #3684
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
She allegedly gave the money to charity in 2015 when he declared he was running. Mind you, this is just a claim by her team and they have not shown where the money was donated to.

Trump donated in 2011 and 2013. The idea that this money was given away is silly. She held on to it for 4 years all the way through an election.

Mnuchin also didn't need to donate much to get himself out of massive mortgage fraud. So yes, I think she sells her integrity for pretty cheap.

money is fungible

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 08-13-2020, 05:31 PM   #3685
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
So, 4 grand buys a get out of jail free card? How did any drug dealer ever get charged? They couldn't swing a couple of grand?

A drug dealer is a red flag and not something we view as acceptable as a public. White collar criminals on the other hand have a societal expectation that they are above the law (and are).

So explain to me why Steve Mnuchin wasn't prosecuted? Why was Harris the only Democrat he donated to?
Old 08-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #3686
RainMaker
General Manager

Also love that it is "far left" to think someone who committed billions in mortgage fraud should be charged with breaking the law. How far left do you have to go for a crime to be considered a crime in your book?
Old 08-13-2020, 05:39 PM   #3687
GrantDawg

Because they were a federal bank, so it needed to be done federally. She did get billions from state banks, and worked to pass the law to close the loophole that Mnuchin used to skate. But of course according to you, a few thousands in donations would have saved those other banks billions. If they only knew she was that cheap.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-13-2020 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #3688
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Because they were a federal bank, so it needed to be done federally. She did get billions from state banks, and worked to pass the law to close the loophole that Mnuchin used to skate. But of course according to you, a few thousands in donations would have saved those other banks billions. If they only knew she was that cheap.

No it didn't. They broke California law. Prosecutors in her office built up a strong case and wanted to file a civil enforcement, but she declined to do so. You can read the official memo.

OneWest Package Memo

Again, why were they given a pass? Why was she the only Democrat he was donating to? You can't argue that she's "soft on crime". She was prosecuting homeless women over truancy laws.
Old 08-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #3689
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Kamala took their monies via civil asset forfeiture which she supported.
Old 08-13-2020, 06:12 PM   #3690
GrantDawg

"Under prosecutors disagree with the AG. Film at 11". It is the kind of thing that comes up all the time in that position. You have to decide whether you actually do have a case or not. This would not be the first time a DA or an AG didn't agree with her staff.
She did prosecute several mortgage lenders and won billions of dollars for the state. What do you think the chances are that some/most/all had board members that had donated to her? Was their money not enough? They didn't give the secret handshake?

Old 08-13-2020, 06:33 PM   #3691
GrantDawg

Btw, for the record I am very much for campaign reform. Large donations buy access to candidates that should be curbed. I don't disagree at all that money has too much influence in politics.
But what you are suggesting is straight up bribery. I have a feeling that it would take way more than a few thousand dollars given to a campaign to make that worth while.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-13-2020 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:09 AM   #3692
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
"Under prosecutors disagree with the AG. Film at 11". It is the kind of thing that comes up all the time in that position. You have to decide whether you actually do have a case or not. This would not be the first time a DA or an AG didn't agree with her staff.
She did prosecute several mortgage lenders and won billions of dollars for the state. What do you think the chances are that some/most/all had board members that had donated to her? Was their money not enough? They didn't give the secret handshake?

Why do you think Mnuchin chose some random district attorney to donate to out of all the Democrats in the country? Do you think its a coincidence that that one Democrat had the power to cause massive legal problems for his fraudulent bank?
Old 08-14-2020, 01:12 AM   #3693
RainMaker
General Manager

Are people really surprised that the Democratic establishment is bought and paid for by the financial sector? Wasn't it a red flag when Obama did jack shit for 8 years despite their massive fraud schemes?

Don't worry, I am sure the guy who spent his life in the Senate fighting for credit card companies will change that.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:30 AM   #3694
GrantDawg

Quote:
Why do you think Mnuchin chose some random district attorney to donate to out of all the Democrats in the country? Do you think its a coincidence that that one Democrat had the power to cause massive legal problems for his fraudulent bank?
I am sure he did for why most people do it. He wanted access. I am not saying that is fine, either. He just doesn't prove a quid-pro-quo. Again, I am quite for campaign finance reform. I don't buy the idea every donor then completely owns you and you are willing to break the law for for them.
I also agree that democrats in general are too cozy with Wall Street. I wish for stronger regulations on that sector. Guess what, though? Allowing Trump to win is not going to fix that. I wish Biden wasn't the candidate. He wasn't my first, second, third or fourth pick. I still will vote him. Because the alternative is so much worse.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:21 AM   #3695
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
This is just a hypothetical question, not meant to be morbid. If Biden were to pass away before the election, would Harris be the presidential nominee or would the DNC or their delegates vote on a replacement candidate?

Good question. Biden is looking older and older everytime I see him, he needs a better makeup team. My guess is there will be backroom dealings but Harris will still end up as the nominee.

Last edited by Edward64 : 08-14-2020 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:42 AM   #3696
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
Are people really surprised that the Democratic establishment is bought and paid for by the financial sector? Wasn't it a red flag when Obama did jack shit for 8 years despite their massive fraud schemes?

Some of us just don't think it's as big of a problem as you do. For example, a while back you scoffed at the idea that anyone would get prosecuted for insider trading when the SEC demonstrably has it as one of their top priorities and are constantly prosecuting people for it. Do a crapton of people still get away with it? Absolutely, but that's true of pretty much every law on the books - our desire to make laws is far stronger than our desire to enforce them and it has been since at least before Prohibition and perhaps forever.

I agree with GrantDawg that it doesn't past the smell test for a few thousand in campaign contributions to get this done here. I also agree with you that there's a lot of issues in ignoring white-collar crime. Just saying that we should see the problems for what they are, not what IMO is a grossly exaggerated caricature.
Old 08-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #3697
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

You think she was bought for a $2,000 price tag in a Senate campaign where she raised $9 million?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
Old 08-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #3698
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
You think she was bought for a $2,000 price tag in a Senate campaign where she raised $9 million?

His wife donated like $10k for her District Attorney campaign. And his bank donated $6k.

I'm sure just an honest gesture from them.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:42 PM   #3699
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Some of us just don't think it's as big of a problem as you do. For example, a while back you scoffed at the idea that anyone would get prosecuted for insider trading when the SEC demonstrably has it as one of their top priorities and are constantly prosecuting people for it. Do a crapton of people still get away with it? Absolutely, but that's true of pretty much every law on the books - our desire to make laws is far stronger than our desire to enforce them and it has been since at least before Prohibition and perhaps forever.

I agree with GrantDawg that it doesn't past the smell test for a few thousand in campaign contributions to get this done here. I also agree with you that there's a lot of issues in ignoring white-collar crime. Just saying that we should see the problems for what they are, not what IMO is a grossly exaggerated caricature.

I know most people don't think it's a problem. Looting a store for some Nike shoes is a big problem that requires the National Guard. Destroying $30 trillion in the world's wealth through massive fraud is not a big deal.

Wonder why one gets a pass and the other gets folks with bayonets on their guns?
Old 08-14-2020, 05:47 PM   #3700
GrantDawg

So, somehow now the people that disagree with you think that looters should be stabbed. Same old, same old. The reason the Bernie bros turn off so many people. "If you don't agree with my every point, then you hate poor people." It is not a winning argument.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 08-14-2020 at 05:48 PM.
Closed Thread