Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2017, 05:05 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

Izulde Jestor - Zeroed Out All Divisions FBCB

All right, so I'm back. I've zeroed out all D-2 and D-3 schools (unless some are hiding in D-1 conferences I missed), and shut off all conference tournaments in the first season.

Same setup - all Coach Ratings 0 bar 100 defense, and UW-La Crosse alma mater.

Big Sky and Big South have lost their auto bids as 1 prestige conferences. Maxed out tournament team participation.

Nor will conference prestiges automatically update in this version - the last one revealed the wonkiness inherent in such a setup. Instead, I'll be manually updating the conferences every 5 years, to coincide with conference movement. Mid-major poll max prestige is conference 3 prestige.

To establish guidelines, I've tabulated the average prestige of each conference, write that down, then add up the average prestige of each conference and divide it by the total number of conferences at that level. As an example, Prestige 5 (I left Young Drachma's initial prestige rankings alone while tabulating this):

Code:
5 prestige -------------- American Athletic - 67.9 Atlantic 10 - 64.5 ACC - 82.1 Big 12 - 76.4 Big East - 76.7 Big Ten - 79.5 Conference USA - 52.1 Missouri Valley - 64.4 Mountain West - 64.5 Pac 12 - 74.5 SEC - 76.4 WCC - 56.1

Which gives us a 69.6 average, or almost 70. That sounds about right, even though there's a very good chance one or both of CUSA and WCC get booted down to 4 prestige after final calculations:

Conference Prestige 2 - 22
Conference Prestige 3[/b] - 32.4 (Note: Armstrong Atlantic is a team that somehow got stuck in a D1 conference, so they have 0 prestige and were eliminated from the calculation
Conference Prestige 4[/b] - 42.3 (Note: American International is a team that somehow got stuck in a D1 conference, so they have 0 prestige and were eliminated from the calculation)
Conference Prestige 5 - 69.6

So we'll go with 20, 30, 40, and 65 as the baselines to move up to 2, 3, 4, and 5 respectively. Because 20 prestige average is easy to get, we'll also add the stipulation that in order to promote from 1 prestige to 2 prestige, at least one conference member needs to have made a postseason tournament in the last five years.

We also see some changes after these tabulations:

5 prestige to 4 prestige
WCC - 56.1
Conference USA - 52.1

4 prestige to 3 prestige
Patriot - 37.2
OVC - 34.9

3 prestige to 2 prestige
America East - 29.1
Northeast - 28.8
WAC - 23

2 prestige to 1 prestige and loss of auto-bid
MEAC - 18.7
SWAC - 13

That means 28 NCAA bids are automatically handed out based on conference champions, down from a starting 32. I'm good with that, and it's something I'll keep an eye on over the years to make sure it doesn't get too wild. I reserve the right to adjust the barriers to entry.

One of the big questions I'll face in 5 years is whether I'll adjust conference prestiges first, or make any school movements first. Probably school movements first, so that, for example, a conference doesn't get upgraded to 2 prestige, only to have their qualifying school leave which would put them back at 1 prestige.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 01:11 PM   #2
Izulde
Head Coach

How bad is the WIAC, you ask?

Note: The bottom 3 schools in the above image are all missing some Red/Red PGs because I realized too late it was cutting off the bottom, and I had already saved, so fuck that redoing shit.

Obviously a few schools got luckier than others in terms of potential.

PSAC Quick Hit Notes
Bloomsburg has one Orange potential guy... and he's a Senior.
Seton Hill of Mrs. Pumpy Tudors fame struck lucky with a Red/Yellow RS Sophomore
Edinboro, who a friend of mine did a few semesters at, has two Orange potential juniors
Gannon has an Orange/Yellow senior and a Red/Yellow RS Freshman - Ditto Shippensburg
Millersville REALLY won the lottery, with an Orange/Green Sophomore
Pittsburgh-Johnstown has a YELLOW/GREEN dude... but he's a Senior.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:35 PM   #3
Izulde
Head Coach

We got lucky in staff hiring, snagging 39 rated Recruiting and Scouting guys, and a 65 Offense coaching assistant.

Just 2 scholarships available, which saddens me. On the bright side, that means we can focus our limited resources (Just $6k/month) on getting the best possible guys for this trash fire roster.

We swing and miss on a big man target, but have a sizable lead on a player I can't believe no one is paying attention to as of the first signing period. Obviously we're just going to blitz through this first season, because no one cares about scrubs.

1-3 first month. No commit from the guy.

End of December, we're 3-10 (2-1) and finally haul in the steal.

SG Scott Nadal - Ketchikan HS - Ketchikan, AK - 6'3, 195 - 3*
My very first commit is Mr. Basketball - Alaska. Ketchikan is a small school - just 592 students - but basketball is its primary winter sport. Also known as Kayi, the high school has one of the most awesome mascots I've ever seen.

Anyway, as for the newest UW-L Eagle, if the scouting is accurate, he steps on the court as our best shooter by far. Can't defend anybody right now, but may have untapped upside. Surprising vertical to leap and block shots far better than expected out of a guard. Academics are just okay - 2.57 GPA, 1080 SAT - but at least he's not going to be a liability in the classroom. I'm excited to grab him, and am stunned richer schools weren't going after him. But every month, without fail, I sent my recruiting assistant packing on the long flight out to Alaska to go visit this kid, who signed without ever setting foot on campus.

I'm still gobsmacked the more I look at it. Can't believe Alaska-Anchorage and Alaska-Fairbanks let me walk right out of the state with the #530 ranked prospect. There's only two players in Alaska's class this year who are higher than #2638 in the rankings - Nadal at #530 and Jess Snyder, a SF who signed with Fairbanks, and is ranked #868. Both are 3* prospects - everyone else in the state is a 1*.

Oh, right. The mascot:

...FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE FUCKING GAME JUST CRASHED ON ME AND I HADN'T SAVED!

Old 05-11-2017, 12:08 AM   #4
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Sorry your game crashed, but I appreciate the mention of Seton Hill!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:30 AM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Damnit. Yeah, I always save a ton when using these dbs and simming fast, because the game will sometimes throw errors that are not repeatable and then you get have to start over. Sorry dude, I know how that feels.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 11:48 AM   #6
Izulde
Head Coach

Yeah I'll restart it this weekend, once the semester's officially in the books.

Old 05-13-2017, 05:11 AM   #7
Izulde
Head Coach

UW-Eau Claire makes out on the relaunch. That dude for UW-Whitewater isn't as good as the colors suggest. I'm fucking GLAD that one Green/Blue dude is a senior. Such bullshit.

PSAC Quick Hit Notes
Bloomsburg has one Orange potential guy... and he's a Senior.
Seton Hill of Mrs. Pumpy Tudors fame has an Orange potential junior.
Edinboro, who a friend of mine did a few semesters at, has two Orange potential juniors, an Orange potential RS So, and an Orange/Yellow senior
Mercyhurst has two Yellow potential freshmen point guards - one has the size at 6'4 to play SG, though.
Shippenburg got an Orange/Yellow junior.

I'm really kinda salty about the sudden infusion of talent on the re-roll, but fuck doing it over again. This time I'm going to save fanatically.

We snag our top coach of coaching assistant with 68 Offensive Coaching and two 39 Recruiting/Scouting dudes, which is excellent for our level.

3 scholarships - all of them centers. FML - the hardest position to recruit well. That doesn't mean we're going to go HAM on bigs, however. I want to distribute the talent among positions as much as possible, to cram them in the lineup as early as next year.

We lose out on two players in the first go round - one of which I expected, one I didn't. Of course both were bigs.

Our Red/Orange Freshman PG is willing to take a redshirt, so we'll give him one.

2-2 the first month, and we land our first commit!

SG Casey Jinks - 6'1, 193 - Grove HS - Grove, OK - 3*
Just like last time, we land a Mr. Basketball, only this time it's Oklahoma. Fairly small school at 718 students, most noted for its Robotics Education program. The Ridgerunners are a fairly goofy looking logo, but what isn't goofy is Casey's game. The #657 ranked recruit is an absolute shooting god with stellar rebounding and adequate handling for a 2 guard, but he can't pass at all at first glance. His defense also projects to be terrible, but I don't care - if the first blush is at all accurate, with his elite shooting and handling potentials, this Red/Blue first report kid will be a freaking star for us. Oh, and 2.79 GPA and 1180 SAT score says he won't be a liability in the classroom either. We went after him with everything we had, and beat out Missouri Southern to land him. Small city at a little over 6,600.

Despite several injuries, we're 7-6 (2-1) at the end of December, and of course we lose yet another big man. Looking like it might be all perimeter players this season.

More injuries! Yet, we're 12-10 (6-5) at January's close. Thanks, RNG!

But another recruit...

SG Charles Osterman - 6'4, 189 - John I. Burton HS - Norton, VA - 3*
Tiny school at 252 students, though with rapid expansion and improvements, they're capable of having 615 at the moment. They were great in football a decade ago and won the girls' basketball title a few years ago. Forensics team was also great in 2010 and 2011, the latter year the same one the girls won their hoops title and Colby Dean won his second of four straight state wrestling championships. Definitely a band geek school - 61 students on the marching band, and it's one of the best in the state, apparently. Norton's population is just under 4,000, and is the least populous city in all of Virginia. Nice!

But enough about the Black Raiders (school doesn't have much in the way of AP classes, BTW). Osterman has a good jump shot from the get go, can hit the 3 ball pretty well, and looks to be a decent enough defender - especially at this level. Can't rebound for shit, so we'll probably go with a 3 guard lineup that has Osterman at the 2 and Jinks at the 3. Especially since Osterman has no inside game whatsoever. Boston College was looking at this #1146 ranked prospect, and UNC-Asheville and UNC-Charlotte jumped in way too late. Between him and Jinks, our perimeter game is going to look amazing for next season. 2.8 GPA, 1200 SAT. My staff only sees him as a Red/Yellow, but I think he's going to be a Green potential guy.

Undefeated in conference play in February, we finish the regular season 17-12 (11-5). I'm going to be so pissed if I rex default my way into the postseason. With a 258 RPI, it's quite possible.

Not a single D-2/D-3 school crashes the NCAA tournament, which pleases me.

In the NIT:

Berry #1 seed

In the CBI:

Angelo State #10 seed

The CIT is mostly D-2/D-3 schools, including UW-Platteville, who an RPI of 135. Did Berry College deserve that #1 seed? 25-4 (12-2) record with 62 RPI says Yes. And they did it with just one Orange guy, a senior. Wow!

Our third and final commit signs.

C Morgan Reyes - 6'10, 245 - Edwards County HS - Albion, IL - 3*
The Evil Empire known as Monsanto made a donation to the football program. The Fighting Lions play before a school of just 263, so we're really pulling these small enrollment stars to come play for us. Albion's in the southeast part of the state, with a population just under 2,000. That's how a school like us rolls, though - find the hidden gems in these sleepy little towns and convince them to fly as an Eagle.

As for Senor Reyes, good jump shooter for a big, and an absolute beast defensively. I don't see him contributing much on offense, and he has a long way to go on his boarding work, I think, but he can really protect us inside if the first read is at all accurate. Red/Green by my coaching staff, the #1251 ranked kid won't ever be a star, but the kind of player who will impact the game in ways that won't show up on the stat sheet.

NCAA Final Four
1 seed San Diego State vs 7 seed Miami
1 seed Kansas vs 3 seed North Carolina

#1 overall San Diego State vs #2 overall Kansas for the national title. That's how it should be. The Aztecs bring home the title with ease - 81-70 - capping off a 33-2 (15-1 season).

NIT Final Four
2 seed Colorado vs 5 seed California
6 seed Michigan vs 8 seed South Florida

The Golden Bears beat the Wolverines by 3 in the title game.

As you might expect, the Berry College Vikings were ber-err very outclassed, blown out 46-91 by the eventual Final Four South Florida Bulls.

CBI
14 seed Virginia Tech goes on a huge, improbable run and comes back from being down 0-1 to 8 seed Texas-Arlington to win 2-1 in the finals. Nice work, Hokies.

CIT
14 seed Lipscomb stuns 1 seed Stephen F. Austin in the championship, 55-40. The only D-2/D-3 schools to make it to the second round were 4 seed Emerson, 10 seed Lenoir-Rhyne, and 11 seed Lawrence, and only Lenoir-Rhyne beat a D-1 team to advance (St. Francis-NY). At least UW-Platteville can say they lost to the champions!

Our senior big is on the WIAC 1st Team. No shock Blue/Green guy is Player of the Year, or that UW-Platteville's coach wins WIAC Coach of the Year. I'm so ready to move on to the next season already.

Old 05-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Will be interested to see how this evolves for you.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:39 AM   #9
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Will be interested to see how this evolves for you.

Me too. It's yielding interesting results so far.

Code:
2016 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 318. UW-Stevens Point WIAC SG William Davies *** 0 0 1 1 0 338. UW-La Crosse WIAC SG Casey Jinks *** 0 0 3 0 0 380. UW-Eau Claire WIAC C Norman Miller *** 0 0 1 1 2 397. UW-Oshkosh WIAC SF Jason Hill *** 0 0 1 0 1 400. UW-Stout WIAC PF Benjamin Lamb *** 0 0 1 0 1 425. UW-Whitewater WIAC C Andre Merchant *** 0 0 1 0 1 609. UW-Superior WIAC PF Mark Wheaton *** 0 0 1 0 1 810. UW-River Falls WIAC C Noel Liggins * 0 0 0 0 1 1047. UW-Platteville WIAC 0 0 0 0 0

Just about everyone had an excellent recruiting class for this level. Best class was probably UW-Oshkosh, who snagged 2 Orange/Green guys, including a Michigan All-State player and a 1* hidden gem. The Pointers deserve that top billing - they landed the #299 player in the country, who is Yellow/Blue!

Our prestige went up to 4, and it seems like they just gave all the champions 7 prestige - Berry didn't go up any for the NIT, nor Emerson for 2nd round of CIT.

American International also went up to 7 prestige, despite a 3-26 (0-16) season - the benefit of being a 4 prestige conference bottom feeder. They'll get booted in Year 5 from the Horizon, guaranteed. So prestige seems to be in part a function of record, and partly a function of conference prestige.

No coaching changes in the WIAC, but the asshole AD now wants me to compete for the conference championship, even though we finished third last year. WTF.

Some dude got salty about lack of PT, so he transferred. Nobody I like who wants to come here, so we'll skip it.

Recruiting By State
Illinois: 1
Oklahoma: 1
Virginia: 1

Recruit Awards:
All-State: 1
Mr. Basketball: 1

Recruit By City Population
0-2K: 1
2K-5K: 1
5K-10K: 1

I may adjust these categories as we get more recruits in and/or I feel like doing more research, but we'll see.

Recruit By School Size
0-299: 2
300-699: 0
700-999: 1

752 was the national public high school average in 1999-00, incidentally. Like with population, I may adjust these. My own HS alma mater has approximately 2,400 students.

It's looking like a really bad recruiting year, with 4 scholarships and $7k monthly budget (up $1k from last season). Lot of guys are just eh on us for some reason. Sure enough, 3 guys all reject us in November.

C Morgan Reyes - 6'10, 255 - Edwards County HS - Albion, IL - 3*
Got a lot stronger in training camp and stepped up his post defense game reasonably well. Not a guy we will ever depend on to generate offense, but if he can blossom into an elite defender like he's capable of, he's going to be one to watch. Right now a very good post defender with some shotblocking ability. Didn't make the gains I really wanted, however. Red/Green.

SG Casey Jinks - 6'1, 203 - Grove HS - Grove, OK - 3*
We had him focus exclusively on shooting, and he did okay, but again, not what we were hoping for. Great free throw shooter with a good 3 point shot. Better post defender than we expected, so he will indeed play SF - can also hit the boards fairly well defensively. Red/Green.

SG Charles Osterman - 6'4, 189 - John I. Burton HS - Norton, VA - 3*
Remember how I said I saw him as a Green Potential guy? Well, I was not only right, he's Orange/Green from the start. Worked a ton on his defense and conditioning, but will probably swap that out for shooting and handling for the rest of his time here. Very disappointing overall in his camp, though he's still borderline great at jumping and 3 point shooting. The offense is going to run through him and Jinks, as expected in an Outside oriented game.

72-68 win vs Winona State in the opener, as Casey Jinks shows why I love him with 30 points and 7 rebounds! Next game is on the road at Luther, and Casey Jinks wins his second straight Player of the Game award with 18 points and a block in our 55-45 win. Charles Osterman chipped in 16 points,5 rebounds, and a block.

Morgan Reyes steals Player of the Game with 10 points, 9 rebounds, and a block in a 51-43 win over Coe, but I feel like Casey Jinks' 17 points and a steal should have gotten it. 10 points, 7 rebounds, and a steal for Charles Osterman, as our team defense has really been stepping up these first few games.

Casey Jinks picks up 19 points and a steal to lead us in a 69-46 mauling of Carleton, with Morgan Reyes narrowly missing a double-double with 8 points, 9 rebounds. Charles Osterman had wow factor himself with 13 points, 5 rebounds, a block, and 4 steals.

We can't quite pull off the perfect November, falling 46-59 to Emporia State. Everyone shot poorly, though Casey Jinks grabbed 15 points and 8 rebounds, Charles Osterman 10 points, a block, and a steal.

Whiffed on one recruit, but landed our first one.

PG Pat Barre - 5'5, 155 lbs - Lakeview HS - Columbus, NE - 3*
Back to the Plains States we go for a Mr. Basketball player. This pint-sized full of fives point guard is an absolute shooting beast, similar to Casey Jinks. Will never be a great floor general, and he's awful defensively right now, but this kid is one of the quickest I've seen in my entire life. Needs major work to be ready for the rigors of college basketball, however. As you might guess, 264 student rural school, but the program has won a Class C-1 state title and been runner-up another year.

Despite the school being so tiny, the city of Columbus itself is the first one that can authentically call itself a city at over 22,000. It's just that Lakeview is the high school that serves the rural area - Columbus High School proper has 1,100 students.

Oh, BTW:

Code:
Mid Major Top 25 # Team FPV Record Points Prv Conference -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1. Gonzaga (63) 6-1 1770 1 West Coast Conference 2. Kent State (4) 4-0 1664 2 Mid-American Conference 3. Drexel (5) 5-1 1333 6 Colonial Athletic Association 4. Tulsa 6-0 1332 7 Conference USA 5. Siena 5-0 1068 15 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 6. Winthrop 7-0 993 18 Big South Conference 7. Illinois Chicago 5-0 927 NR Horizon League 8. Montana 7-0 873 NR Big Sky Conference 9. Old Dominion 4-0 804 16 Conference USA 10. Brigham Young 4-3 790 3 West Coast Conference 11. Jacksonville State 3-2 727 11 Ohio Valley Conference 12. Mercer 3-1 656 13 Atlantic Sun Conference 13. Western Illinois 5-0 603 NR Summit League 14. Yale 5-0 582 NR Ivy League 15. IUPUI 5-0 465 NR Summit League 16. George Mason 4-1 454 NR Colonial Athletic Association 17. Wells 5-1 433 NR North Eastern Athletic Conference 18. Monmouth 5-1 428 NR Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference 19. Pitt-Greensburg 5-1 404 NR Allegheny Mountain Collegiate 20. UC Riverside 4-1 390 NR Big West Conference 21. Binghamton 5-0 349 NR America East Conference 22. Northland 5-0 289 NR Upper Midwest Athletic Conference 23. UW-La Crosse 4-1 272 NR Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic 24. Ball State 2-1 269 NR Mid-American Conference 25. Robert Morris 4-1 262 NR Northeast Conference

Fuck yeah, bitches! Apparently my 3 prestige cap on the Mid-Major poll is being ignored, though.

Last edited by Izulde : 05-14-2017 at 04:42 AM.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:18 PM   #10
Izulde
Head Coach

It's a narrow thing, but we eke out a 66-64 nailbiter vs Chaldron State on Casey Jinks' 21 points and a steal, and Charles Osterman's 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 steals, the former earning PotG honors. Huge FTA advantage here - 29 to 8.

61-60 win in St. Cloud, as Casey Jinks puts up 17 points, 8 rebounds, and a steal, but is robbed of PotG award by Charles Osterman's 16 points and a steal. Hat tip to Red/Yellow walk-on freshman Del Rauch's 17 points of his own.

23 points, 8 rebounds, a block, and a steal by Casey Jinks unilaterally leads us to a 59-57 victory over SUNY-IT. That's three straight games we've been very lucky to grind out the win, so we're very much a paper tiger at the moment IMO.

And then comes our first WIAC game - Casey Jinks goes off for 28 points, 6 rebounds, and a steal as we wallop a good UW-Stout team 65-47 - a critical conference opener road win.

26 points, 8 rebounds, and a steal by Casey Jinks translates to a 63-54 win vs UW-Oshkosh. Del Rauch finds his way to 15 points and a steal, but really, this is Casey's World of Hi-Jinks, and we're all just living in it.

UW-Superior gives us everything we can handle, but we emerge 59-58 victors on 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 steals by Casey Jinks, overcoming a poor night from the floor (6-16) by camping on the FT line (9-10). Charles Osterman had a quality all-around game of 11 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal.

It had to end some time, and we drop a 57-60 decision to UW-Eau Claire in Morgan Reyes' best game of the year - 10 points, 10 rebounds. Casey Jinks got 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 2 steals, and Del Rauch scored 14, but both shot horribly. Considering all the early luck we had at the beginning of the month, I'm perfectly fine going 6-1. Ironically, we were #20 in the mid-major poll before the loss.

Oh, I forgot to mention Pat Barre's academic stats - 2.66 GPA, 890 SAT. So it'll be interesting to see how his academics correlate. No recruit decisions this month, but a big we'd love to have got swarmed with attention, dropping us out of consideration.

Code:
2017 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-La Crosse Eagles 3 1 .750 10 2 .833 210 4 UW-Stout Blue Devils 3 1 .750 10 2 .833 196 6 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 2 1 .667 9 2 .818 179 3 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 2 1 .667 7 5 .583 586 5 UW-River Falls Falcons 2 2 .500 9 3 .750 457 2 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 2 2 .500 5 6 .455 168 3 UW-Platteville Pioneers 1 2 .333 8 3 .727 78 7 UW-Oshkosh Titans 1 3 .250 5 7 .417 278 0 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 0 3 .000 5 7 .417 661 1

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey Jinks SF 12 12 33.5 21.2 1.4 6.8 0.8 0.8 0.2 2.0 3.3 3.8 Charles Osterman SG 12 12 33.1 9.3 0.9 5.1 2.3 1.2 0.2 1.7 2.6 2.6 Del Rauch PG 12 12 32.4 8.8 1.6 3.3 1.4 0.3 0.1 2.3 2.7 3.6 Morgan Reyes C 12 12 29.1 5.7 1.8 7.1 1.5 0.4 0.4 1.4 1.9 6.3 Thurman Peavy PF 12 12 27.7 5.4 1.3 3.0 0.7 0.4 0.3 1.7 2.3 4.3 Nelson Wilcher PG 12 0 14.7 2.7 0.0 0.8 0.6 0.1 0.1 1.0 1.1 2.3 Sal Heinrich C 12 0 14.3 1.8 0.5 2.8 0.5 0.3 0.2 0.7 1.8 0.8 Stuart Cortez PF 12 0 7.3 1.4 0.4 1.2 0.3 0.1 0.2 0.6 0.9 -0.3 Jonathan Clinton SG 12 0 5.4 2.7 0.1 0.8 0.1 0.1 0.0 0.4 0.5 2.9 Alfonzo Block C 5 0 5.2 1.2 0.2 1.2 0.0 0.2 0.0 0.2 1.0 0.6 Angel Roddy SF 9 0 2.4 1.0 0.2 0.6 0.1 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.3 2.1

Angel Roddy got suspended due to academics, but he was the kid who got the least PT anyway. Despite Casey Jinks getting all the headlines and acclaim, as the +/- shows, it's really been Morgan Reyes' grunt work defending the paint that's made us having the dream first half no one anticipated.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #11
Izulde
Head Coach

19 points and 13 rebounds for Casey Jinks, but we drop the most crucial game of the season, 55-60 in Stevens Point. Not a surprise, really, but still a disappointment. We've a ways to go before we're truly elite, since it feels like we're essentially a one man team right now. And we sorely need a better point guard.

The other looming question, with two straight losses, is if this is where the bottom drops out on a promising first half. 20 points, 8 rebounds, and a steal by Casey Jinks, but a 58-61 home loss to Platteville. Our early luck has run out, and our shooting has gone cold.

And then we get waxed 48-70 by Whitewater. Casey Jinks does his thing with 19 points and 7 rebounds, and Charles Osterman adds 14 points, but they're the only two guy2s to show up.

23 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal - great numbers again by Casey Jinks, and Charles Osterman puts up 14 points, but we fall 58-66 in River Falls, and I'm cursing the AD for his reasonable demands.

The long streak finally ends 43-33, but it's a non-conference game against Penn State-Harrisburg. 19 points and a steal for Casey Jinks, and we really need to get him more help next season.

We roar back for a 69-40 throttling of UW-Stout to get us on track again in the WIAC, though at (4-5), we already need to run the table to match last year's conference record. Charles Osterman takes charge with 24 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 steals, but Casey Jinks wasn't far away from a triple-double with 14 points, 7 rebounds, and 8 assists. Even Morgan Reyes grabbed 10 rebounds, though he failed to score a single point.

14 points, 6 rebounds, and a steal for Casey Jinks in a grinding 54-50 win over Oshkosh to get back to .500 in the conference. 11 points for Charles Osterman. I'm really not happy at seeing Del Rauch take the most shots on the team with 16, but b]Nelson Wicher[/b] can't play defense at all, so I'm scared to switch.

Del Rauch responds to the controversy by putting up 17 points and 7 rebounds in a 59-45 win in Superior. But of course the hero was Casey Jinks, stinging the Yellow Jackets for 23 points and 10 rebounds. Charles Osterman netted 13 points, 6 rebounds, a block, and a steal.

When Casey Jinks fouls out in just 10 minutes, you know you're not going to win. 57-65 loss to Eau Claire that never should have been that close, because nobody stepped up in his absence.

We also lose a recruit I legitimately thought we had locked down. On the bright side, the guy that drew so much interest, that big man? Suddenly he has no scholarship offers, so we rush in a renewed offer and full-court press him.

Code:
2017 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Whitewater Warhawks 7 4 .636 12 8 .600 246 5 UW-River Falls Falcons 7 5 .583 14 7 .667 230 2 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 7 5 .583 10 10 .500 219 3 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 6 5 .545 14 6 .700 180 3 UW-Oshkosh Titans 6 5 .545 11 9 .550 111 0 UW-La Crosse Eagles 6 6 .500 14 7 .667 155 4 UW-Stout Blue Devils 6 6 .500 13 7 .650 207 6 UW-Platteville Pioneers 5 6 .455 12 8 .600 110 7 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 1 9 .100 6 13 .316 563 1

A lot of parity in the WIAC this year. We could end up anywhere from second to last to winning the league title. It's that close.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey Jinks SF 125 276 .453 101 123 .821 62 151 .411 1.50 Charles Osterman SG 68 156 .436 47 72 .653 31 93 .333 1.37 Del Rauch PG 66 221 .299 31 63 .492 26 116 .224 0.86 Morgan Reyes C 35 78 .449 25 32 .781 0 1 .000 1.22 Thurman Peavy PF 42 74 .568 24 40 .600 0 2 .000 1.46 Sal Heinrich C 25 41 .610 14 27 .519 0 0 .000 1.56 Nelson Wilcher PG 19 47 .404 11 22 .500 5 17 .294 1.15 Stuart Cortez PF 10 23 .435 9 18 .500 0 0 .000 1.26 Jonathan Clinton SG 8 25 .320 13 16 .813 5 14 .357 1.36 Alfonzo Block C 3 7 .429 1 1 1.000 1 4 .250 1.14 Ronald Coon SG 1 2 .500 0 0 .000 0 1 .000 1.00 Tony Culver SG 2 2 1.000 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 2.00

Casey Jinks is a God damn hero. If it wasn't for him, we'd be sunk. And fuck Del Rauch's chucker ass.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:37 PM   #12
Emmett13
College Starter

Damn, Jinks is a stud, get him some help and you guys will be the jewel of the conference. Getting ahead, planning on moving up? Or seeing how high you can take La Crosse?
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 01:47 AM   #13
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett13 View Post
Damn, Jinks is a stud, get him some help and you guys will be the jewel of the conference. Getting ahead, planning on moving up? Or seeing how high you can take La Crosse?

Staying at UW-L unless a San Diego school or UNLV come calling, probably. But you never know - maybe I get fired and have to move anyway. And yeah, Jinks is probably the best player I've ever had, even though there have been some with better ratings.

Sweet 61-55 revenge win vs Stevens Point. They concentrated on shutting down Casey Jinks, holding him to a season low 13 points and a steal, so it's Original Nelson Wilcher who surprises with 10 points, a block, and 2 steals off the bench to win PotG. Studly William Davies volume shoots his way to 23 points, but we still eke out the victory.

Casey Jinks was salty over being limited, so he lights up Platteville for 26 points and 9 rebounds, as we take a critical road game 54-51. Charles Osterman nets 12 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 steals.

But our title hopes take a crushing blow in Whitewater, 59-65. This despite Casey Jinks' 20 points and 10 boards, and Charles Osterman's 13 points, 4 assists, block, and 2 steals.

Casey Jinks with the pretty 22 points in a 55-68 loss to River Falls that officially knocks us out of title contention. Sigh. Realistically though, we're a .500 WIAC team this year, despite the AD's delusions.

On the bright side, we match last year's overall wins total with a 42-35 snorefest over Truman. Casey Jinks had just 12 points and 7 rebounds as they really focused on slowing the pace of the game way down.

3 games left, so we have a shot at 20 wins if we run the table. All road games, however. 55-46 win over Bridgewater (VA), keyed by Casey Jinks' 22 points, 9 rebounds, and a steal, but it's Charles Osterman's 12 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and a block that gets PotG nod.

A really bad shooting night for Casey Jinks (3-11) is mitigated by 7/8 from the line for 14 points, 9 rebounds, and Charles Osterman scores 15. Yet, it's the scrub PF who undeservedly gets PotG in a 57-45 smacking of Northland, who has been a good team recordwise this year.

And so it's all down to the last game. Can we get a 20 win year in just my second season? And we do! Casey Jinks is held to just 11 points and 2 steals, but Charles Osterman is then left open to score 18 points with 5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals in arguably our best game of the season - 63-40 victory over Union, who admittedly is a really bad team.

Our .500 WIAC record probably means no postseason tournament for us, as the RPI was strong for everyone in our conference for some weird reason. But that's okay.

With the stud big man spurning us for Iona and none of our other targets committing one way or the other, we're really left scrambling to try and save this recruiting class - in fact, we're having to dip down into the 2* because I don't like any of the 3* bigs left at all.

[u]NCAA D-2/D-3 Teams[/b]
None

NIT D-2/D-3 Teams
4 seed - Bluefield State (West Region)
6 seed - Minnesota-Duluth (West Region)

CBI D-2/D-3 Teams
5 seed Lander
12 seed William Patterson
2 seed Bethany
14 seed UW-La Crosse!!!

UW-Stout is a 6 seed in the CIT; UW-Whitewater a 15 seed. UW-Eau Claire got screwed big time - the conference's best RPI at 104, and second in the WIAC at 18-11 (10-6). Why the CIT passed them over for Stout, I'll never know. Banner year for the UW system, though - Green Bay and Madison both made the NCAA tournament, in addition to the three WIAC schools making the postseason.

3 seed [b]Lousiana Tech[/b is our competition, and the Bulldogs have 2 greens, 2 yellows, and 3 oranges. ...Yeah, we're going to get absolutely waxed.

And we do, 39-80. 10 points and 2 steals for Casey Jinks as he narrowly avoids having his double-digit scoring streak snapped. But otherwise... yeah, we didn't really belong here.

We whiff on a blind big man recruit, but capture our second commit of the year in March, and he's a major steal.

SF Tod Whitt - 6'7, 241 - Rivercrest HS - Wilson, AR - 3*
Arkansas All-State comes from a small school of 550. The Colts have a number of state titles spread across multiple sports, but Rivercrest is most known for being NFL Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy's high school alma mater. It's a 7-12 school, and the total student population is over half Wilson's population of 903! Obviously a rural school that pulls from a lot of different small towns in the area.

As for Whitt, the #1228 recruit? (BTW, Pat Barre was #1117). If the reports are right, he's a decent 3 point shooter, ball handler, offensive rebounder, and all-around defender from the start, and should be just a good all-around player when he develops. He's definitely a hybrid forward, and as matters stand, he would be our starting PF from the gun next year. Orange/Blue by my staff, bettering Barre's Red/Green. Could well end up a huge steal. 2.14 GPA, 1040 SAT, so hard to get a read for his academics.

We're pitching blind on another big, and there's a second big we've been chasing most of the recruiting season. My staff hates that dude, but I'm looking at his stats and going there's no way he's that bad.

NCAA Final Four
10 North Carolina vs 4 seed Purdue
5 seed Ohio State vs 3 seed Missouri

The Boilermakers and Buckeyes both beat their counterparts easily, setting up an All-Big Ten national final that nobody outside the Midwest is going to give a fuck about.

Purdue embarrasses Ohio State 96-70 in the most boring national championship ever.

NIT Final Four
3 seed Alabama vs 1 seed Missouri State
3 seed Vanderbilt vs 1 seed Georgia

3 SEC teams in the NIT Final Four. Championship is Missouri State and Georgia, with the Bulldogs beating Missouri State 90-81. ESS EEE CEE!

Bluefield State played Duke surprisingly tough, but fell 87-78, whilst Minnesota-Duluth got thoroughly trounced by the Elephants of Alabama as expected.

CBI Championship
5 seed Lander makes it to the second round because favorable matchup, but it's Wichita State as a 9 seed against 11 seed Illinois State, the Shockers er.. shocking the Redbirds 2-0 to take the title.

CIT Championship
UW-Whitewater proves their bona fides, taking down Lakeland in the opener, and UW-Stout advances by 1 point over Kentucky State. Both get routed in the next round, Stout by returnee Lenoir-Rhyne, who falls to Mount St. Mary's in the semifinal. The 10 seed Mount in turn fold to 5 seed Stephen F. Austin, who is damned determined not to be upset for the second year in a row.

Code:
2017 OVERALL AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: SR PG Chris Bailey Purdue 16.5 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 7.3 APG 2.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR SG Marvin Rouleau Miami Ohio 17.9 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 2.4 APG 1.2 SPG, 0.0 BPG Coach of the Year: Douglas Furlong Siena 25 - 5 (17 - 3) All-league 1st Team: C SR George Porter West Virginia 17.4 PPG, 9.6 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.2 SPG, 3.0 BPG PF SR Tom Rosales George Mason 19.5 PPG, 9.0 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF SR Brian Backman West Virginia 13.8 PPG, 8.9 RPG, 4.0 APG, 2.0 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG SR Mario Nash Northern Iowa 16.2 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 7.6 APG, 2.3 SPG, 0.2 BPG PG SR Chris Bailey Purdue 16.5 PPG, 2.5 RPG, 7.3 APG, 2.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C SR Douglas Squires Pittsburgh 15.1 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.5 SPG, 3.3 BPG PF SR Deangelo Aitken Syracuse 12.9 PPG, 9.9 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.1 SPG, 3.0 BPG SF SR Myron Haigh Duke 13.5 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.9 APG, 2.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG JR Issac Anton Ohio 21.9 PPG, 4.1 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.3 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SR James Ridenour Marquette 14.7 PPG, 3.7 RPG, 5.9 APG, 2.4 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 3rd Team: C SR Bernard Campbell North Carolina 12.8 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 3.3 APG, 0.9 SPG, 1.1 BPG PF SR Jere Colon Washington 11.2 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 2.5 APG, 0.8 SPG, 3.4 BPG SF JR Austin Garland Arizona 13.2 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 1.7 APG, 1.4 SPG, 1.4 BPG SG SR Wyatt Ward Notre Dame 15.5 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 6.5 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.3 BPG PG SR Brian Verret Auburn 16.0 PPG, 4.7 RPG, 5.6 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Brock Borrero Davidson 15.3 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 1.6 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.3 BPG PF FR Roy Hewitt Hardin-Simmons 15.5 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.9 BPG SF FR Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 18.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG FR Marvin Rouleau Miami Ohio 17.9 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 2.4 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.0 BPG PG FR Arne Fötsch Central Connecticut State 17.0 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.0 BPG

Yep, Casey Jinks is an All-American Freshman Team winner!!! Absolutely amazing!

Code:
2017 WIAC AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: FR SF Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 18.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR SF Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 18.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG Coach of the Year: Kelly Lower UW-Whitewater 20 - 11 (11 - 5) All-league 1st Team: C SO Wilfred Martin UW-Stevens Point 7.4 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.3 BPG PF FR Norman Miller UW-Eau Claire 11.3 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF FR Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 18.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG FR Phillip Robbins UW-Oshkosh 12.1 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SR Sheldon Marshall UW-Whitewater 9.0 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 6.1 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C FR Greg Paniagua UW-Eau Claire 6.1 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.7 BPG PF SR Scott Van Horn UW-Stout 8.5 PPG, 6.2 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.2 BPG SF SR Willy Vickers UW-Platteville 12.3 PPG, 4.8 RPG, 1.7 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG FR William Davies UW-Stevens Point 18.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG, 1.6 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG FR Norman Russo UW-Stout 12.7 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Greg Paniagua UW-Eau Claire 6.1 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.7 BPG PF FR Norman Miller UW-Eau Claire 11.3 PPG, 5.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.5 BPG SF FR Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 18.8 PPG, 6.9 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG FR Phillip Robbins UW-Oshkosh 12.1 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG FR Norman Russo UW-Stout 12.7 PPG, 3.5 RPG, 2.0 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG

Casey Jinks - Best.player.ever. that I've had in FBCB!

Code:
2017 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Whitewater Warhawks 11 5 .688 20 11 .645 95 5 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 10 6 .625 18 11 .621 110 3 UW-Stout Blue Devils 9 7 .563 20 11 .645 117 6 UW-Oshkosh Titans 9 7 .563 15 14 .517 167 0 UW-River Falls Falcons 9 7 .563 18 11 .621 260 2 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 8 8 .500 17 12 .586 196 3 UW-La Crosse Eagles 8 8 .500 20 10 .667 133 4 UW-Platteville Pioneers 7 9 .438 17 12 .586 115 7 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 1 15 .063 7 22 .241 747 1

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 30 30 33.0 10.2 1.0 4.7 2.2 1.0 0.3 2.0 2.7 1.6 Casey Jinks SF 30 30 33.0 18.8 1.7 6.9 1.0 0.7 0.2 2.2 3.2 2.8 Del Rauch PG 30 30 32.5 8.6 1.5 3.6 1.3 0.3 0.1 2.6 2.4 2.7 Thurman Peavy PF 30 30 29.8 5.6 1.8 4.1 0.8 0.3 0.2 1.4 2.6 3.5 Morgan Reyes C 30 30 28.8 4.6 1.7 6.3 1.3 0.4 0.4 1.6 2.5 4.1 Nelson Wilcher PG 30 0 15.0 2.6 0.1 1.0 0.8 0.1 0.1 0.8 1.0 0.1 Sal Heinrich C 30 0 14.3 2.8 0.8 2.6 0.4 0.2 0.1 0.9 1.6 -1.3 Stuart Cortez PF 30 0 6.5 1.1 0.2 1.0 0.2 0.1 0.1 0.4 0.7 -1.0 Jonathan Clinton SG 29 0 5.2 1.7 0.1 0.6 0.2 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.4 0.3 Ronald Coon SG 2 0 4.5 2.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.0 -1.0 Alfonzo Block C 11 0 3.6 0.9 0.1 0.5 0.0 0.1 0.0 0.1 0.5 -0.4 Tony Culver SG 16 0 2.6 0.4 0.0 0.4 0.1 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.1 -0.6 Angel Roddy SF 9 0 2.4 1.0 0.2 0.6 0.1 0.0 0.0 0.1 0.3 2.1 Dillon Bergman PG 3 0 1.7 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.3 0.3 0.0 0.3 0.0 -0.7

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 100 223 .448 64 97 .660 43 129 .333 1.38 Casey Jinks SF 172 389 .442 141 176 .801 78 207 .377 1.45 Del Rauch PG 92 307 .300 40 85 .471 34 155 .219 0.84 Thurman Peavy PF 63 108 .583 42 63 .667 0 2 .000 1.56 Morgan Reyes C 50 107 .467 36 51 .706 1 3 .333 1.28 Nelson Wilcher PG 27 65 .415 19 38 .500 5 21 .238 1.20 Sal Heinrich C 31 49 .633 22 39 .564 0 0 .000 1.71 Stuart Cortez PF 12 26 .462 10 23 .435 0 0 .000 1.31 Jonathan Clinton SG 13 38 .342 15 19 .789 8 24 .333 1.29 Ronald Coon SG 2 4 .500 0 0 .000 0 1 .000 1.00 Alfonzo Block C 4 8 .500 1 1 1.000 1 4 .250 1.25 Tony Culver SG 3 9 .333 1 2 .500 0 0 .000 0.78 Angel Roddy SF 3 8 .375 2 2 1.000 1 3 .333 1.13 Dillon Bergman PG 0 1 .000 0 0 .000 0 0 .000 0.00

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 4 Record Vs 1-50: 0-0 Poll Rank: NR Season Record: 20-10 Record Vs 51-100: 0-2 RPI Rank: #133 Conference Record: 8-8 Record Vs 101-200: 6-5 Home Record: 8-5 Record Vs 200+: 14-3 Team Stats CR NR Opp. Stats CR NR Margin CR NR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Points 56.9 8 646 Points 54.5 1 140 Points 2.5 3 273 O.Reb 8.8 9 773 O.Reb 10.8 6 808 O.Reb -1.9 8 890 D.Reb 22.5 2 579 D.Reb 21.3 4 202 D.Reb 1.2 3 269 Rebounds 31.3 8 693 Rebounds 32.0 5 462 Rebounds -0.7 8 630 Assists 8.4 9 970 Assists 10.2 5 468 Assists -1.8 9 958 Steals 3.2 91025 Steals 4.2 5 177 Steals -1.0 8 849 Blocks 1.5 4 609 Blocks 1.1 1 35 Blocks 0.4 1 242 Turnovers 12.5 6 365 Turnovers 11.2 9 966 Turnovers 1.3 8 802 Fouls 17.5 1 97 Fouls 18.8 9 685 Fouls -1.3 3 199 FG% .426 6 428 FG% .397 1 64 FG% .029 1 141 FT% .659 8 604 FT% .638 1 98 FT% .022 3 304 3P% .311 3 399 3P% .300 5 501 3P% .012 4 379 PPS 1.27 3 207 PPS 1.12 1 48 PPS .155 1 53 Adj. FG% .490 3 205 Adj. FG% .440 1 94 Adj. FG% .050 1 76

Phenomenal season overall, but I'm worried for our recruiting. We really need to land those last two players, or I may be looking to bail and start over somewhere else with lowered expectations.

Old 05-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Man Jinks is legit. 20 win season in this setup is nothing to sneeze at.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #15
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I like what you're doing with this. I was wanting to play around with it too and maybe make the sim speed a little faster by deleting all the D-3 schools, but I can't seem to do that because it keeps telling me teams need a conference. And I can't seem to delete the teams, so I think I'm just going to have to give it a go as is. I won't do any kind of dynasty report though, but I do have some goals for a sim game I'm thinking about.

Enjoying reading your stuff though, keep up the good work.
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 06:01 PM   #16
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
Man Jinks is legit. 20 win season in this setup is nothing to sneeze at.

True that.

Quote:
I like what you're doing with this. I was wanting to play around with it too and maybe make the sim speed a little faster by deleting all the D-3 schools, but I can't seem to do that because it keeps telling me teams need a conference. And I can't seem to delete the teams, so I think I'm just going to have to give it a go as is. I won't do any kind of dynasty report though, but I do have some goals for a sim game I'm thinking about.

Enjoying reading your stuff though, keep up the good work.

Thanks. And how did you try deleting them? My guess is it's in how you attempted to delete them that the error got thrown.

Code:
2017 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 374. UW-Stout WIAC SG David Robbins *** 0 0 1 0 1 436. UW-La Crosse WIAC PG Pat Barre *** 0 0 3 0 0 442. UW-Eau Claire WIAC PF Jason Crosby *** 0 0 1 0 2 465. UW-Stevens Point WIAC PG Frank Bumgarner *** 0 0 2 0 0 721. UW-Whitewater WIAC PG Charles Donahue ** 0 0 0 1 0 782. UW-River Falls WIAC SG John Hallowell * 0 0 0 0 1 828. UW-Oshkosh WIAC C Carlton Buckley * 0 0 0 0 1 852. UW-Superior WIAC SF Abraham Lindsey * 0 0 0 0 2 1045. UW-Platteville WIAC 0 0 0 0 0

Overall, the WIAC had a down year in recruiting compared to last season. We managed to snag one of the big men we were after (the one my staff was meh on, but who I thought would be better), but the other one spurned us, so once again, we're carrying a scholarship into the transfer season. UW-Platteville now has just 5 scholarship players, and hasn't landed a single commit the last two season. Best player was actually probably UW-Whitewater's Charles Donahue, who comes in at Orange/Green. David Robbins, the #489 recruit, doesn't look as good as his ranking says, IMO.

Our prestige inched up to 7. On the other hand, it's almost double from last season. On the other hand, we're 5th in the conference and the AD approval rating has dropped to the original setting. Eau Claire, us, Platteville, and Whitewater are all expected to compete for the WIAC title. Good luck with that, Pioneers. The Mid-Majors poll was indeed set to 4, so I changed it to 3 in hopes that it will actually lock in this time.

No coaching changes in the WIAC again, and no offers for me.

Nobody we want in transfer session, so we roll it over.

Recruiting By State/Country
Arkansas: 1
Australia: 1
Nebraska: 1

Recruit Awards:
All-State: 3
Mr. Basketball: 2

Recruit By City Population (US Recruits)
0-2K: 2
2K-5K: 1
10K-20K: 1

I may adjust these categories as we get more recruits in and/or I feel like doing more research, but we'll see.

Recruit By School Size (US Recruits)
0-299: 3
300-699: 1
700-999: 1

Definitely a rural school profile we're creating in recruiting here. 4 scholarships this season again.

We impressively get rejected by all 4 guys in the first signing period. First time that's ever happened - normally some dudes delay a decision.

[u]Perimeter Players (Scholarship Guys I've Signed)[/b]
Pat Barre - 5'5, 158 lbs - Lakeview HS - Columbus, NE - 3*
Strictly a shooter who lacks skills in any other area other than handling, and couldn't even knock Del Rauch out of a starting spot. A career reserve, frankly, but he should be able to add bursts of offense off the bench. Easily the most disappointing player ever. Did boom in stamina, however (40!) Red/Yellow.

Charles Osterman (So)
Code:
Height: 6-4 Weight: 197 High School: J.I. Burton High School Hometown: Norton, VA Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 33.0 10.2 1.0 4.7 2.2 2.0 1.07 1.0 0.3 2.7 Career 30 30 33.0 10.2 1.0 4.7 2.2 2.0 1.07 1.0 0.3 2.7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 3.3 7.4 .448 2.1 3.2 .660 1.4 4.3 .333 1.38 1.57 Career 3.3 7.4 .448 2.1 3.2 .660 1.4 4.3 .333 1.38 1.57

Good training camp from a shooting perspective, and will once again be one of the primary options on offense. Our best jump shot by a trillion, where he's elite, and he's really developed his 3 point shot as well. If there's a disappointment, it's that his floor general skills didn't improve nearly as much as I thought they would. Next year will see us hit floor general skills and defense. Yellow/Green.

Casey Jinks (So)
Code:
Height: 6-2 Weight: 204 High School: Grove High School Hometown: Grove, OK Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 33.0 18.8 1.7 6.9 1.0 2.2 0.47 0.7 0.2 3.2 Career 30 30 33.0 18.8 1.7 6.9 1.0 2.2 0.47 0.7 0.2 3.2 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 5.7 13.0 .442 4.7 5.9 .801 2.6 6.9 .377 1.45 2.77 Career 5.7 13.0 .442 4.7 5.9 .801 2.6 6.9 .377 1.45 2.77

The man, the myth, the legend. Had a phenomenal camp and if you thought he was deadly last season, he's going to be an absolute terror this year. Probably the single greatest athlete I've ever had, with excellent boarding skills for someone so short. He'll of course be our primary option this year, and probably until he's ready to graduate. There may never again be anyone who approaches his career scoring records. Sure, he can't play defense, but who cares? Orange/Green.

Tod Whitt - 6'7, 241 - Rivercrest HS - Wilson, AR - 3*
He could be an amazing all-around player... if it wasn't for the fact that he's the single dumbest player in the history of everything (8 Academics!) Had a fairly eh camp, and because he's a moron - I swear he had someone else take the SAT for him - he'll never become what he could be. Still going to be a valuable bench player all four years. Can't hit the defensive boards at.all, but should be solid in every area if he reaches his potentials. One of our best all-around defenders right now. Red/Yellow because no one thinks he'll hit his upside.

Post Players
Claude O'Neill - 6'9, 233 - Derby, Australia - 3*
#1437 ranked recruit. Could blossom into an elite inside scoring threat, but he's only average there right now. Average on the defensive boards as well, and absolutely awful defensively. Always will be. Still needs a ton more conditioning work, but he'll begin the year as our starting PF. A butterfingers, too. Red/Green

Morgan Reyes (So)
Code:
Height: 6-10 Weight: 266 High School: Edwards County High School Hometown: Albion, IL Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 28.8 4.6 1.7 6.3 1.3 1.6 0.80 0.4 0.4 2.5 Career 30 30 28.8 4.6 1.7 6.3 1.3 1.6 0.80 0.4 0.4 2.5 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 1.7 3.6 .467 1.2 1.7 .706 0.0 0.1 .333 1.28 4.07 Career 1.7 3.6 .467 1.2 1.7 .706 0.0 0.1 .333 1.28 4.07

Welcome to elite defender status, Mr. Reyes. Still no more than a mediocre rebounder for his position, but he can single-handedly shut down any opposing player - hence his team-best +/- last year. More of the same this season, and he and O'Neill should make a good yin/yang pairing. That's the theory, anyway.

I hate it when training camp AI says one defense, then after says another. Guh. We'll run both, then.

WIAC is tough to predict - there's a bunch of teams all around the same level, so I suspect we'll see a dogfight like last season. UW-Eau Claire has the first Green/Green player - their lucky initial roll junior who is still the only one with that distinction.

Just three games in November.

67-52 road win at Coe to open the year. Casey Jinks does his thing with 24 points, 6 rebounds, and a block. Strong debut by Claude O'Neill with 8 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 blocks. Nice to have a guy in the paint who can contribute on offense. Del Rauch manages not to suck with his 13 points.

Morgan Reyes has arguably his best game ever with 12 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks in winning PotG as we host Luther and win 71-65. Casey Jinks hits 15 points and 8 rebounds, whilst Charles Osterman chucks his way to 11 points and 5 rebounds.

Both teams left defense at home in a 70-79 loss to Nebraska-Kearney. 24 points, 11 rebounds, and a steal by Casey Jinks can't save us, however, and neither can Tod Whitt's capable 4 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists, block and steal. Whitt is really pushing to get a starting spot, and after some thought, I demote Claude O'Neill in favor of Whitt.

We get another rejection notice. Man, recruiting is tough this year.

Old 05-19-2017, 06:56 PM   #17
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm nervous to see how my starting lineup switch works (or most likely doesn't). We get skunked by 30 at Northern Iowa, 51-81. 15 points, 6 boards from Casey Jinks, 14 points on not terrible shooting by Del Rauch, and a bad shooting night from Pat Barre for 11 bench points.

Irony of ironies - we nip Carroll 71-67 as Del Rauch has his best game with 18 points, and a disc injury sidelines him for 53 days. Player of the Game is obvs Casey Jinks with 19 points, 6 rebounds, and a steal, and Tod Whitt chips in 11 points. 10 bench points by Pat Barre, and 10 bench boards from Claude O'Neill.

After some thought...

C Morgan Reyes
PF Claude O'Neill
SF Casey Jinks
SG Tod Whitt
PG Charles Osterman

is what we run with. Our bench PG options are just too weak overall to seriously consider putting in the starting lineup. 30 points and a steal by Casey Jinks and 14 points and a block by Charles Osterman on good shooting just narrowly miss out on a painful 70-72 loss to Upper Iowa. Rough season is rough.

But as long as we have Casey Jinks, we'll be okay. 32 points, 10 rebounds in a 67-58 victory over Dubuque. 12 points by Charles Osterman and 12 bench points and a steal from Pat Barre, whom the staff recommended as a third option after the reshuffle. Tod Whitt picks up a DTD injury, but will play through it.

27 points, 6 rebounds and a steal by Casey Jinks means nothing in a 66-74 loss to a bad Metropolitan State team. 13 points, 7 rebounds, and a block by Claude O'Neill, and an inefficient 12 bench points by Pat Barre, who will lose his third option status. One thing I've noticed - Tod Whitt is getting lit up by opposing SGs, and I suspect it's because he's way too fat, so I'll move him to the 3 and Jinks to the 2.

If I told you Casey Jinks had his worst game ever with 11 points, 9 rebounds, and a steal on bad shooting, you'd say we'd lose, right? Wrong. In fact, we trash UW-River Falls 67-47 in our first WIAC game,as Charles Osterman goes HAM for 28 points and a steal, Pat Barre still gets 10 bench points, and Morgan Reyes rises up for 14 rebounds and 3 blocks. Tod Whitt just misses double-digit scoring with 9 points, but has a block and 2 steals.

Casey Jinks' double-digit scoring streak comes to an end with just 8 points as we fall 65-77 to Eau-Claire. Monster 17 points, 8 rebounds, and a block by Claude O'Neill, and Pat Barre shoots us out of this one with horrible shooting on 15 bench points, 6 rebounds and a steal. My theory - at SG Jinks is getting slammed by capable defenders that he didn't see at the 3.

Soo... at this point, we say fuck it and go with the AI rec to move Pat Barre into the lineup and shift Jinks back to the 3.

5-5 (1-1) doesn't surprise me that much, to be honest. We got really lucky breaks with a lot of games last year, and my inability to recruit a quality PG has killed us.

.500 in recruiting, too, as one rejects, one accepts.

C Monte Joiner - 6'9, 232 - Marion HS - Marion, WI - 3*
Wisconsin All-State big. Marion is actually a combined middle/high school of just 305 total students. Monte's super raw, and can't rebound like *at all*, but I see potential elite inside game, post defense, and blocking from him. Also should have strong handles for a big. #878 ranked recruit checks in with a 2.56 GPA and 930 SAT, and is the first Badger State kid I've kept home. Marion HS is most noted for Dick Bennett getting his coaching start there, but overall they've had to combine a lot of their other athletic programs with neighboring schools due to declining participation. Marion itself is a typical small Wisconsin town in the central part of the state, with a population of a little over 1,200. Probably voted for that assbag governor, though can't find election results after a quick Google search.

Code:
2018 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Oshkosh Titans 2 0 1.000 9 1 .900 261 5 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 1 0 1.000 6 4 .600 467 4 UW-Platteville Pioneers 1 0 1.000 3 6 .333 796 8 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 1 1 .500 8 2 .800 181 9 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 1 1 .500 7 3 .700 388 1 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 1 1 .500 6 5 .545 586 12 UW-La Crosse Eagles 1 1 .500 5 5 .500 483 7 UW-River Falls Falcons 0 2 .000 6 6 .500 138 5 UW-Stout Blue Devils 0 2 .000 3 7 .300 970 11

Interesting to see the Titans tear it up. I'm wondering how the hell Platteville is even doing what they are.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 10 10 32.5 10.5 0.4 3.4 2.0 0.9 0.1 2.9 2.0 -2.8 Casey Jinks SF 10 10 31.1 20.5 1.0 6.9 1.7 0.5 0.1 3.3 3.2 -0.1 Del Rauch PG 5 5 29.8 12.6 1.2 1.8 1.6 0.0 0.0 1.8 1.8 -3.2 Morgan Reyes C 10 10 28.1 3.9 1.9 6.6 1.2 0.5 0.8 1.0 1.6 0.6 Tod Whitt PF 10 7 27.1 4.6 1.7 3.2 1.6 0.6 0.4 1.7 2.3 -0.6 Claude O'Neil PF 10 8 24.6 7.3 1.5 6.3 0.8 0.4 0.4 1.3 2.5 -0.2 Pat Barre PG 10 0 19.1 9.3 0.9 2.1 1.0 0.3 0.0 1.0 1.9 3.1 Nelson Wilcher PG 10 0 8.9 1.5 0.3 0.5 0.3 0.3 0.1 1.0 1.1 0.0 Thurman Peavy PF 10 0 7.4 1.9 0.7 1.6 0.3 0.1 0.0 0.0 0.4 -1.0 Angel Roddy SF 10 0 3.3 0.2 0.1 0.2 0.0 0.1 0.1 0.5 0.5 -0.6 Jonathan Clinton SG 8 0 2.1 0.6 0.0 0.3 0.3 0.1 0.0 0.3 0.4 0.1 Sal Heinrich C 5 0 2.0 0.0 0.2 0.4 0.2 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.2 -0.4

Much struggles this year.

Old 05-19-2017, 10:02 PM   #18
Izulde
Head Coach

Bullshit FT advantage. That's how Platteville is winning, as they stop us 65-72. Casey Jinks with 26 points, 6 rebounds and a steal, 11 points and a block by Claude O'Neill, but when Charles Osterman goes 2 for 9 despite 9 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal, and Pat Barre is 4 of 12 for his 13 points, you know shit is gonna be frustrating. This is also the latest we've been under .500 overall in this universe.

Not one damn player with even 10 points as we lose 41-65 to Whitewater.

25 points, 6 rebounds from Casey Jinks hands Oshkosh their first WIAC loss, and just their second defeat of the season. Claude O'Neill has 11 rebounds and a block, Pat Barre scores 11 on decent shooting, and Tod Whitt pops up for 11 points, 6 rebounds, a block, and a steal off the bench in a stunning 74-58 upset.

Raise your hand if you thought Pat Barre would ever be PotG. ...But he is, racking up 19 points, 5 rebounds, and a block in a 69-64 win over Superior to pull back to .500. 11 points by Charles Osterman, 13 points, a block, and 2 steals from Casey Jinks, and 13 points and a steal by Claude O'Neill in a well-rounded team showing.

We scorch Stevens-Point 76-56 on Casey Jinks' 28 points, block, and a steal, but good outings too by Claude O'Neill (8 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal, and 13 points by Pat Barre. Back in the winning column, and maybe we can salvage this season?

...Maybe not. Embarrassing 54-63 loss in which only Pat Barre with 16 points and a steal comes to play.

60-69 loss to Indianapolis drops us below .500 again despite 19 points from Casey Jinks, 13 points from Charles Osterman, and 11 rebounds by Claude O'Neill. At least Del Rauch is ready to play again (who knew I would ever say that?).

Del Rauch celebrates his return to the lineup with 12 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists and a steal, but we're robbed of any PotG mention in a 63-61 win over River-Falls. Weird. Casey Jinks grabs 16 points and 8 rebounds.

No recruit decisions.

Code:
2018 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Stevens Point Pointers 7 2 .778 12 6 .667 128 4 UW-Oshkosh Titans 6 3 .667 13 4 .765 140 5 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 6 4 .600 11 9 .550 367 12 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 5 4 .556 12 5 .706 119 9 UW-La Crosse Eagles 5 4 .556 9 9 .500 432 7 UW-Platteville Pioneers 4 4 .500 7 10 .412 394 8 UW-Stout Blue Devils 4 5 .444 8 10 .444 540 11 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 2 7 .222 8 10 .444 682 1 UW-River Falls Falcons 2 8 .200 8 12 .400 389 5

I don't see anyone catching the Ponters unless William Davies gets hurt. But we're in a position to at least satisfy the AD's demands if we have a good February.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 48 126 .381 38 56 .679 32 89 .360 1.32 Casey Jinks SF 108 242 .446 81 95 .853 52 129 .403 1.44 Del Rauch PG 29 77 .377 9 14 .643 8 33 .242 0.97 Morgan Reyes C 27 52 .519 21 37 .568 0 0 .000 1.44 Claude O'Neil PF 44 93 .473 40 53 .755 0 1 .000 1.38 Tod Whitt PF 25 57 .439 21 32 .656 4 15 .267 1.32 Pat Barre PG 58 155 .374 50 59 .847 19 67 .284 1.19 Nelson Wilcher PG 13 32 .406 8 10 .800 2 10 .200 1.13 Sal Heinrich C 3 5 .600 0 2 .000 0 0 .000 1.20 Thurman Peavy PF 11 18 .611 5 5 1.000 0 1 .000 1.50 Jonathan Clinton SG 10 23 .435 7 12 .583 4 14 .286 1.35 Angel Roddy SF 3 10 .300 6 7 .857 2 9 .222 1.40 Alfonzo Block C 0 1 .000 0 0 .000 0 1 .000 0.00

Charles Osterman's sophomore shooting slump has a lot to do with why we've been struggling all year long. Casey Jinks keeps on doing Casey Jinks things.

Old 05-20-2017, 04:55 PM   #19
Izulde
Head Coach

Critical 61-66 loss to Eau-Claire kills us. Bad shooting night all around, including Casey Jinks' volume shooting of 24 points and 7 rebounds. Charles Osterman has 13 points, 7 rebounds, and a block. 13-28 FTA disadvantage is really what cost us, however.

Next night in Platteville, we get 70-58 revenge. Casey Jinks PotG with 23 points, 6 rebounds, and Claude O'Neill bangs in 8 points, 11 rebounds, and a steal. He chucked to it, but Pat Barre got 10 bench points.

Claude O'Neill posts 11 points, 10 rebounds, and a steal to earn PotG honors in a 55-51 win over Whitewater. Casey Jinks scores 13 points, but goes down with a dislocated knee that puts him out for 23 days!!! FUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!! Tod Whitt will step back into the lineup, but this is a devastating injury, and Charles Osterman is now our sole focal point on offense.

I'm expecting to lose out the rest of the season with our star player out of commission, but then Charles Osterman explodes for 19 points and 4 steals as we upend Oshkosh 63-58 to guarantee matching our .500 record in WIAC play. Supporting him - Morgan Reyes with 10 points, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocks, Claude O'Neill with 11 points, 7 rebounds, and a block, and FT line camping earned 11 points, 6 rebounds, and a steal from Del Rauch.

Very upsetting 55-56 loss to Superior is a punch in the gut. Horrible shooting bar Morgan Reyes with 12 points and 2 steals. 10 points, 7 boards by Charles Osterman, who also went 4 of 13 and 1 of 4 from the line. We had a legit chance to put ourselves in a good position for 2nd place if we won that one, and we should have - even without The One, we're vastly.. well, superior... to Superior.

I think this is William Davies' year to win the WIAC PotY. The Pointers clinch the title by beating us 64-56 on his game. 9 points, 11 rebounds, a steal by Morgan Reyes, 11 points, 2 steals from Tod Whitt, and 10 points, 7 rebounds, a block by Claude O'Neill.

One more game left, and if we win, we guarantee third place in the conference. Otherwise, we'll probably crash to the lower half of the table. Sure enough, only Charles Osterman shows up with 10 points as we're hammered 46-62 by Stout to put us in the same spot as last year.

Casey Jinks is back for our next game, though he's not 100% yet. Nonetheless, we beat Westfield State 61-55 to get back to .500 on the year, as Jinks steps up with 19 points and 3 steals, Claude O'Neill has 10 rebounds, Charles Osterman scores 12 with 5 boards, and Del Rauch picks up 11 points, a block, and 2 steals.

We smash Mount Ida 55-31, Casey Jinks netting 18 points, 6 rebounds, a block, and another PotG award. Claude O'Neill gets 12 points, 7 rebounds, and Del Rauch scores 11.

Another recruit signs!

SF Robert Kimmel - 6'6, 234 - Fort Payne HS - Fort Payne, AL - 3*
Alabama All-State we found late in the season with no offers, despite drawing a lot of interest. He's a huge academic risk at 2.21 GPA, 990 SAT, but the #688 ranked recruit looks like a strong shooter inside the arc and capable outside of it with excellent perimeter defensive skills - something we've noticeably lacked. Looks like a SF only, because he can't handle the ball and can't play post defense. Intriguing upside on the offensive boards, however.

As for Fort Payne HS, enrollment is our highest yet at 873, and the city itself has just over 14,000 people. Most notable for the wealth of natural beauty in the surrounding area and for being the home base of country legend music group Alabama (the fan club and museum are there, too).

Old 05-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #20
Izulde
Head Coach

Two games left, so we'll either finish above .500 or just below it for the year. I should have rolled that over into my last post, but oh well. 27 points, 9 rebounds, and a steal from Casey Jinks as we guarantee a winning overall record for the third straight season, crushing Carleton 68-45. Del Rauch with 15 points, 5 boards. Fun fact: My favorite high school teacher was a Carleton grad, and he really wanted me to go there. It was too expensive for me to consider it, but I often wonder what would have happened if I had.

We top Winona State 74-65 on Casey Jinks' 24 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists (PotG), and Del Rauch's surprising 20 points and 2 steals to salvage a frustrating season where we have to look back and wonder what might have been - what if we'd picked Man defense in training camp and rode that all year long, primarily. The injuries didn't help either.

D-2/D-3 NCAA Schools
None

D2-D3 NIT Schools
UW-Stevens Point (#3 seed West)
Gustavas Adolphus (#7 seed Midwest)
Pitt-Greensburg (#3 seed Midwest)
Trevecca Nazarene (#6 seed Midwest)
St. Lawrence (#10 seed South)
Cedarville (#3 seed South)

D-2/D-3 CBI Schools
Tufts (#4 seed)
Emory (#15 seed)
Johnson C. Smith (#11 seed)

Weber State is the only D-1 school in the CIT, meaning there's a very strong possibility of our first D-2/D-3 postseason champion!

Our most critical recruit is going to make us wait until summer, but we do ink a third.

SG Hal Sansone - 6'1, 172 - Mercer Area HS - Mercer, PA
Nothing especially noteworthy about the 410 student high school. Mercer itself just has over 2,200 people, but it does have one very notable claim to fame - the hometown of Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, who said of Mercer, "It isn't a bad place where I grew up, but there was nothing going on but the cornfields." Seems legit.

As for Sansone, my staff is eh on him at Orange/Yellow, compared to the Red/Green of my other two recruits, but Hal reminds me of Casey Jinks. Elite 3 point shooter from Day One, with an ability to command the ball and shoot. No handles, but his perimeter defense looks not the worst, and I'm seeing an unathletic Jinks here. #1110 ranked recruit, who I think may be better than advertised.

NCAA Final Four
1 UNLV vs 1 Alabama
4 Pittsburgh vs 1 Clemson

Great year for the committee, with 3 of the top seeds making it. Fairly diverse geographic representation too, which is always nice. UNLV and Pittsburgh make the championship - my grad school alma mater vs my BFF's undergrad alma mater. The Panthers pull off the 91-84 upset, earning her bragging rights and causing sadness in Sin City.

NIT Final Four
5 seed Tulane vs 2 seed Georgia
2 seed Texas A&M vs 2 seed Iowa

UW-Stevens Point had a competitive 59-71 loss to Illinois-Chicago. We had our first D-2/D-3 NIT Sweet 16 representative by default, as two of them were matched up in the second round, whereupon Trevecca Nazarene was rightfully blown out by 41 points.

Georgia and Texas A&M advanced, with the Aggies taking the crown 71-62.

CBI
Massive upset by Emory in taking down 2 seed Yale, which makes me happy, because fuck Yale. I don't care that Arkansas State walloped them by 35 points next round. Anyhow, 8 seed Murray State and 6 seed Kansas (oh how the mighty have fallen) play out the string to a pissed off Jayhawks squad rampaging over the Racers in two lopsided games to take it 2-0.

CIT
Weber State did the D-1 proud by taking out all comers to the Final, where they faced 7 seed Upper Iowa. It wasn't easy, though. Damian Lillard's alma mater almost lost - 3 points and 2 points in a couple rounds. They destroy Upper Iowa by almost 30 points to maintain D-1 hegemony.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 29 29 32.1 9.2 0.7 4.1 2.1 0.8 0.1 2.8 2.6 0.5 Del Rauch PG 17 17 30.8 11.4 0.9 2.8 1.6 0.4 0.1 1.5 2.4 2.4 Casey Jinks SF 25 25 29.9 19.8 1.1 6.0 1.7 0.5 0.2 2.6 3.3 3.2 Morgan Reyes C 29 29 27.7 4.9 2.1 6.5 1.2 0.4 0.7 1.1 2.2 3.3 Claude O'Neil PF 29 27 25.5 7.2 1.3 6.6 1.0 0.4 0.3 1.2 2.6 2.0 Tod Whitt PF 29 11 24.2 3.6 1.4 2.6 1.0 0.8 0.3 1.3 2.5 -1.9 Pat Barre PG 29 7 21.3 8.8 0.3 1.8 1.1 0.3 0.0 1.0 1.8 0.7 Thurman Peavy PF 24 0 7.9 1.8 0.8 1.6 0.2 0.1 0.1 0.3 0.6 -1.0 Nelson Wilcher PG 29 0 7.7 1.7 0.1 0.6 0.5 0.2 0.1 0.6 1.0 0.3 Sal Heinrich C 21 0 6.2 0.9 0.3 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.2 0.3 0.7 -1.1 Jonathan Clinton SG 21 0 4.6 1.7 0.2 0.7 0.3 0.1 0.0 0.5 0.7 0.9 Angel Roddy SF 25 0 3.6 0.8 0.3 0.8 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.6 -1.0 Alfonzo Block C 1 0 1.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 -8.0

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 80 199 .402 61 87 .701 46 135 .341 1.34 Del Rauch PG 66 182 .363 45 64 .703 16 72 .222 1.06 Casey Jinks SF 151 337 .448 116 135 .859 76 177 .429 1.47 Morgan Reyes C 54 95 .568 35 60 .583 0 0 .000 1.51 Claude O'Neil PF 70 152 .461 69 91 .758 0 1 .000 1.38 Tod Whitt PF 33 90 .367 34 54 .630 5 26 .192 1.17 Pat Barre PG 79 226 .350 70 83 .843 28 104 .269 1.13 Thurman Peavy PF 16 26 .615 10 11 .909 0 1 .000 1.62 Nelson Wilcher PG 17 43 .395 10 18 .556 4 18 .222 1.12 Sal Heinrich C 8 15 .533 3 6 .500 0 0 .000 1.27 Jonathan Clinton SG 12 25 .480 7 12 .583 5 15 .333 1.44 Angel Roddy SF 5 16 .313 7 9 .778 2 11 .182 1.19 Alfonzo Block C 0 1 .000 0 0 .000 0 1 .000 0.00

Code:
2018 WIAC AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: SO SG William Davies UW-Stevens Point 19.7 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.9 APG 0.8 SPG, 0.0 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR SF Gary Duckett UW-Stevens Point 8.5 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 2.0 APG 0.5 SPG, 0.3 BPG Coach of the Year: Long Charron UW-Stevens Point 22 - 8 (13 - 3) All-league 1st Team: C SO Norman Miller UW-Eau Claire 14.2 PPG, 7.0 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.4 BPG PF SO Benjamin Lamb UW-Stout 10.5 PPG, 7.5 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.4 BPG SF SO Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 19.8 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 1.7 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG SO William Davies UW-Stevens Point 19.7 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.9 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.0 BPG PG SO Phillip Robbins UW-Oshkosh 12.6 PPG, 6.8 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.6 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C SO Andre Merchant UW-Whitewater 10.6 PPG, 9.1 RPG, 1.2 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.4 BPG PF SO Greg Paniagua UW-Eau Claire 6.6 PPG, 6.5 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 1.0 BPG SF SO Richard Watkins UW-Superior 18.4 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.2 BPG SG SO Vicente Fromm UW-Platteville 10.0 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.4 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG JR Donnie Chapman UW-Eau Claire 10.9 PPG, 3.1 RPG, 2.4 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.2 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Craig Bonilla UW-Stout 5.4 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 1.3 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.7 BPG PF FR Claude O'Neil UW-La Crosse 7.2 PPG, 6.6 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.3 BPG SF FR Gary Duckett UW-Stevens Point 8.5 PPG, 4.9 RPG, 2.0 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.3 BPG SG FR John Hallowell UW-River Falls 9.0 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 0.9 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.3 BPG PG FR David Robbins UW-Stout 7.6 PPG, 4.4 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG

I have no problem with these awards at all. Nice to see Claude O'Neill get recognition for his surprisingly good first year, though he may be booted to the bench next season.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES TEAM INFO Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 7 Record Vs 1-50: 0-0 Poll Rank: NR Season Record: 16-13 Record Vs 51-100: 1-2 RPI Rank: #265 Conference Record: 8-8 Record Vs 101-200: 0-3 Home Record: 6-7 Record Vs 200+: 15-8 Team Stats CR NR Opp. Stats CR NR Margin CR NR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Points 63.1 5 477 Points 61.8 5 446 Points 1.4 5 374 O.Reb 8.6 8 884 O.Reb 10.1 3 541 O.Reb -1.5 8 837 D.Reb 23.4 4 562 D.Reb 23.2 3 430 D.Reb 0.2 3 460 Rebounds 32.1 9 761 Rebounds 33.4 3 466 Rebounds -1.3 5 696 Assists 9.8 7 803 Assists 10.7 6 415 Assists -0.9 8 744 Steals 3.8 7 923 Steals 4.6 7 258 Steals -0.8 8 746 Blocks 2.0 2 433 Blocks 1.8 2 353 Blocks 0.2 2 326 Turnovers 12.2 7 193 Turnovers 12.1 5 815 Turnovers 0.1 7 544 Fouls 19.0 5 387 Fouls 19.3 6 573 Fouls -0.3 3 440 FG% .420 4 608 FG% .426 8 564 FG% -.006 7 609 FT% .741 1 10 FT% .679 5 779 FT% .062 2 47 3P% .324 4 399 3P% .313 7 503 3P% .011 4 396 PPS 1.30 1 112 PPS 1.21 6 383 PPS .091 2 161 Adj. FG% .485 2 340 Adj. FG% .473 8 514 Adj. FG% .011 3 366

Our inability to generate assists and steals is what dinged us this year - that and all the injuries. The last recruit we're trying to bring in should help us with the former and give us our first true point guard if he signs.

Code:
2018 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Stevens Point Pointers 13 3 .813 22 8 .733 71 4 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 9 7 .563 19 10 .655 138 9 UW-Oshkosh Titans 8 8 .500 17 12 .586 262 5 UW-Stout Blue Devils 8 8 .500 15 14 .517 375 11 UW-La Crosse Eagles 8 8 .500 16 13 .552 265 7 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 8 8 .500 16 13 .552 361 12 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 7 9 .438 14 15 .483 452 1 UW-Platteville Pioneers 6 10 .375 11 18 .379 377 8 UW-River Falls Falcons 5 11 .313 13 16 .448 427 5

Sigh.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

Code:
2018 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 211. UW-La Crosse WIAC SF Robert Kimmel *** 0 0 4 0 0 461. UW-Eau Claire WIAC SG Oren Ashford *** 0 0 1 1 0 588. UW-Superior WIAC SG Tommy Chauvin *** 0 0 1 0 1 662. UW-Stout WIAC SF Austin Lyons ** 0 0 0 1 2 726. UW-Whitewater WIAC C Ruben Jackson ** 0 0 0 1 1 1044. UW-Oshkosh WIAC 0 0 0 0 0 1045. UW-Platteville WIAC 0 0 0 0 0 1046. UW-River Falls WIAC 0 0 0 0 0 1047. UW-Stevens Point WIAC 0 0 0 0 0

Everyone is freaking out about our recruiting class, but Eau-Claire landed two great prospects of their own, and are the one team who should be able to challenge us long-term for supremacy in the conference. UW-Platteville is now down to just 3 scholarship players, and the Pioneers' head coach is on the hot seat in a big way.

Our best recruit is our last, but more on him later. Once again, we had someone salty transfer out, which I'm perfectly fine with.

Alabama: 1
Georgia: 1
Nebraska: 1
Pennsylvania: 1
Wisconsin: 1

Recruit Awards:
All-State: 5
Mr. Basketball: 2

Literally half of our recruits have been All-State players, as that's really an area of emphasis in our recruiting efforts (also why we have such a far-flung recruiting map all across the Midwest, South, and East).

Recruit By Rankings
600-700: 2
800-900: 1
1100-1200: 3
1200-1300: 2
1300-1400: 1
1400-1500: 1

0-2K: 3
2K-5K: 3
10K-20K: 2

0-299: 3
300-699: 3
700-999: 2
1500-2000: 1

Nobody we're interested in wants us on the transfer market, so we keep on keeping on. No coach changes either, though I fully expect UW-Platteville's head coach to be fired after this year.

Just 2 scholarships this year, even after cutting Alonzo Block to free one up, so we can afford to be patient and look for the best possible talents. And we get one of them in the first signing period.

PG Chris Albino - 6'0, 176 - Valentine Rural Area HS - Valentine, NE
Just 221 students here, continuing the long-standing tradition of rural, tiny schools. Valentine itself has a population of over 2,700, and this kid is Mr. Basketball Nebraska, our second after Pat Barre. Funny that they're both point guards. Valentine's notable trivia: The town was the site of most shooting for the indy film The Aviation Cocktail, so I'll have to see if I can watch it somewhere.

Barre was a bust, but the #1122 ranked Albino looks to be a raw shooter with elite upside, actually able to have a modicum of floor general skills and defense. My staff rates him as Orange/Blue, so that's probably overly optimistic, but it's definitely worth rolling the dice to again try and upgrade our point guard position. We sniped him from Presentation, an independent school that's actually NAIA in real life, so we've some others snuck in there.

Both Robert Kimmel and Hal Sansone are willing to redshirt, which seems like a good thing to do, to max them out. The dumbass Kimmel in particular needs it.

Perimeter Players
Joseph Fields - 5'10, 181 - Lee County HS - Leesburg, GA - 3*
The #1309 overall recruit, Fields is the best passer we've ever had in the maroon and grey. Already good there, and an average ballhandler, I've overruled my staff in starting him at PG. Great on the offensive boards for his position, but he really needs to improve his perimeter defense (Del Rauch almost doubles him there). Good news is that he shouldn't look for his shot, as he averaged just 8.9 points as a HS senior. Orange/Green.

Lee County HS has an exceptional forensics team - like, nationally successful one, and has 1,576 students... in a small town of just under 3,000. How is this possible, to have a large high school in such a rural area (the county itself is just over 28,000)? For that, we turn to resident Georgian JIMGA:

Code:
only HS in the county, enrollment is 5% of the population ... district wide enrollment is 22% of population, median age is 36 My old hometown, single HS, enrollment is 4% of pop, and it's got a fairly high retirement age population, median age of residents is 42 Nearby county (Madison Co, GA) is about the same size, similar 4% of pop in HS, median age 39 Lee might be a little bit of an outlier but seems easily within 1 SD Also, no private schools of note in any of the three counties compared there, so that balances out. Also, Lee Co. 44% of households had child under 18 in the home, Madison Co 35%, Pickens Co 32%. It's fairly typical sized for its pop. I'd figure over half the insane number of counties here are single HS counties so they get sizable Plus above avg school system quality so in the area it likely draws prospective parents at a higher clip

Upper 25% of the state of Georgia, to be exact, according to Mr. Jon's research. And Leesburg itself has a surprising number of illustrious natives: country music star Luke Bryan, an American Idol winner I won't name because of spoilers, and NL MVP Buster Posey the most famous names.

Pat Barre (So)
Code:
Height: 5-5 Weight: 160 High School: Lakeview High School Hometown: Columbus, NE Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 29 7 21.3 8.8 0.3 1.8 1.1 1.0 1.14 0.3 0.0 1.8 Career 29 7 21.3 8.8 0.3 1.8 1.1 1.0 1.14 0.3 0.0 1.8 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 2.7 7.8 .350 2.4 2.9 .843 1.0 3.6 .269 1.13 0.69 Career 2.7 7.8 .350 2.4 2.9 .843 1.0 3.6 .269 1.13 0.69

Disappointing player who will see his minutes dramatically cut this season, as he shifts to a third string PG/second string SG role. Put in a lot of work on his shooting, and that'll be his greatest value, but he's never going to be a full-time starter - just a deep reserve who will be a bit player his final two seasons. Terrible on defense, and akin to Rauch in floor general skills. Orange/Yellow.

Hal Sansone - 6'1, 175 - Mercer Area HS - Mercer, PA - 3*
He's taking a redshirt year, and I still see him as the next Casey Jinks - the focal point of the offense as the third guard in a three guard lineup. He's already the second best 3 point shot on the team and should be a three year starter. His lone talent besides shooting is defensive rebounding. Not the athlete that Jinks is, unfortunately.

Charles Osterman (Jr)
Code:
Height: 6-4 Weight: 201 High School: J.I. Burton High School Hometown: Norton, VA Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 33.0 10.2 1.0 4.7 2.2 2.0 1.07 1.0 0.3 2.7 2018 29 29 32.1 9.2 0.7 4.1 2.1 2.8 0.77 0.8 0.1 2.6 Career 59 59 32.5 9.7 0.8 4.4 2.2 2.4 0.77 0.9 0.2 2.6 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 3.3 7.4 .448 2.1 3.2 .660 1.4 4.3 .333 1.38 1.57 2018 2.8 6.9 .402 2.1 3.0 .701 1.6 4.7 .341 1.34 0.52 Career 3.1 7.2 .427 2.1 3.1 .679 1.5 4.5 .337 1.36 1.05

Really regressed in his sophomore season, and his training camps continue to be stories of frustration and inability to develop majorly. That said, the one area he did make nice strides in is his passing, to the point where he's now a 3 position capable player, and that, compared to his other minimal gains, was enough to push him into the Green/Green category - the third Green current player overall in the WIAC (UW-Eau Claire's one dude and UW-Stevens Point's William Davies the other. Time will tell if Osterman is one of those guys who just can't put it all together - he's already dropped from being one of the offensive key players this season.

Robert Kimmel - 6'6, 236 - Fort Payne HS - Fort Payne, AL - 3*
Redshirted, but that could be pulled in January, because right now, he deserves to be in the rotation. Our second best perimeter defender next to Rauch, and our best jump shooter. Not very athletic, and will always be a huge academic risk, but I see him as being the kind of two-way player who can win us games, even if he'll turn the ball over a ton. Big question will be who is the starter at SF - him or Sansone? Neither one can play SG in my mind (remember how awful Jinks was at SG last year), so it'll be tough. Orange/Green.

Casey Jinks (Jr)
Code:
Height: 6-4 Weight: 205 High School: Grove High School Hometown: Grove, OK Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 33.0 18.8 1.7 6.9 1.0 2.2 0.47 0.7 0.2 3.2 2018 25 25 29.9 19.8 1.1 6.0 1.7 2.6 0.66 0.5 0.2 3.3 Career 55 55 31.6 19.2 1.4 6.5 1.3 2.4 0.66 0.6 0.2 3.3 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 5.7 13.0 .442 4.7 5.9 .801 2.6 6.9 .377 1.45 2.77 2018 6.0 13.5 .448 4.6 5.4 .859 3.0 7.1 .429 1.47 3.24 Career 5.9 13.2 .445 4.7 5.7 .826 2.8 7.0 .401 1.46 2.98

Those games at SG and a few bad games just narrowly denied the best player ever his 20 PPG average. He's now the sole focus on offense, so he should get this year, particularly with Fields running the floor. Shooting, handling, and rebounding all showed improvements in camp, so he'll again be in the mix for WIAC Player of the Year. We need him to stay healthy, however, if we want to win the championship. I don't care about his complete lack of defense - he's the one who gets the girls and sells tickets. Yellow/Green.

Post Players
Tod Whitt (So)
Code:
Height: 6-7 Weight: 243 High School: Rivercrest High School Hometown: Wilson, AR Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 29 11 24.2 3.6 1.4 2.6 1.0 1.3 0.79 0.8 0.3 2.5 Career 29 11 24.2 3.6 1.4 2.6 1.0 1.3 0.79 0.8 0.3 2.5 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 1.1 3.1 .367 1.2 1.9 .630 0.2 0.9 .192 1.17 -1.90 Career 1.1 3.1 .367 1.2 1.9 .630 0.2 0.9 .192 1.17 -1.90

Really more of a hybrid forward, he's listed as a PF, so I shoved him in the post players. Our best all-around defender maxim still holds true. Despite spending most of his time in study hall, he made more improvements in key areas (shooting and defense) than Osterman did, and will be the backup SF. I still like him way more than my staff does, and think he'll be a quality player. Red/Yellow, and unfairly so IMO.

Claude O'Neill (So)
Code:
Height: 6-9 Weight: 233 Hometown: Derby, Australia Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 29 27 25.5 7.2 1.3 6.6 1.0 1.2 0.81 0.4 0.3 2.6 Career 29 27 25.5 7.2 1.3 6.6 1.0 1.2 0.81 0.4 0.3 2.6 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 2.4 5.2 .461 2.4 3.1 .758 0.0 0.0 .000 1.38 2.00 Career 2.4 5.2 .461 2.4 3.1 .758 0.0 0.0 .000 1.38 2.00

Our Orzie really amped up his inside scoring game, and my assistants wanted to keep the returning WIAC All-Freshman big in the lineup, but there's someone else I like far better there. Solid defensive rebounder in addition to his inside scoring knack, but there's really not much else here. A guy I'd like to see move further down the rotation chain, rather than be first big off the bench. Orange/Green.

Monte Joiner - 6'9, 237 - Marion HS - Marion, WI - 3*
Good inside scorer? Check. Second post defender and shotblocker? Check. Better ball skills than O'Neill? Check. Yes, he's complete trash as a rebounder, but the Joiner who joined us is an exciting PF prospect who I think is locked in as a four year starter and will give Jinks the kind of inside threat needed to make teams who key in our third guard pay. Excellent, excellent two way player for WIAC level, and I'm excited to see him grow over the next few years. Orange/Green.

Morgan Reyes (Jr)
Code:
Height: 6-10 Weight: 268 High School: Edwards County High School Hometown: Albion, IL Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 28.8 4.6 1.7 6.3 1.3 1.6 0.80 0.4 0.4 2.5 2018 29 29 27.7 4.9 2.1 6.5 1.2 1.1 1.16 0.4 0.7 2.2 Career 59 59 28.3 4.7 1.9 6.4 1.3 1.4 1.16 0.4 0.6 2.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 1.7 3.6 .467 1.2 1.7 .706 0.0 0.1 .333 1.28 4.07 2018 1.9 3.3 .568 1.2 2.1 .583 0.0 0.0 .000 1.51 3.34 Career 1.8 3.4 .515 1.2 1.9 .640 0.0 0.1 .333 1.39 3.71

Reyes just keeps getting better and better defensively, and I'd rate him as the single best defender in the entire WIAC - he's that incredible on that end. Hard work on his rebounding has also made him an adequate boarder, though he won't reach his potentials there because he also needed attention in conditioning and some classroom work, and we wanted him to be an elite defender before anything else. Won't take a lot of shots, ever, but that fits the roster well - Jinks is Options 1, 2, and 3, and I think Osterman and Joiner will enjoy being the next level choices with Fields and Reyes conceding to them. Orange/Green.

Starting Lineup
PG Joseph Fields (Fr)
SG Charles Osterman (Jr)
SF Casey Jinks (Jr)
PF Monte Joiner (Fr)
CE Morgan Reyes (Jr)

On paper, I'd say us, UW-Eau Claire, UW-Oshkosh, UW-Stevens Point, and UW-Whitewater are the clear five best teams, with the Pointers probably due to repeat. The wheat is really going to start separating from the chaff this season IMO.

Three November games. Season starts with a 69-60 home win over Lake Forest. Casey Jinks is godly with 23 points, 13 rebounds, and a steal, while Monte Joiner rewards my faith with an 8 point, 8 rebound performance. We're pushing the ball more than we ever have, and are now a Balanced offense rather than outside focus. Pat Barre scores 10 off the bench.

We go 0-21 from 3 point range in a 60-71 loss to Macalaster. Casey Jinks with 16 points, Charles Osterman with 10 points and 7 rebounds, and Morgan Reyes with 10 points, 9 rebounds, but this was the first time since I've tracked it we failed to make a 3 point shot. Embarrassing! Claude O'Neill is day to day.

Casey Jinks gets mad and tees off for 30 points and 10 rebounds in a 77-60 road rout of Amherst. Charles Osterman goes 4 of 5 from 3 point range for 15 points, and Monte Joiner joins with 10 points and 6 rebounds.

The recruit we were targeting spurned us, which I figured, but he was worth staying in on.

Old 05-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #22
Izulde
Head Coach

32 points, 7 rebounds, and 2 steals by Casey Jinks as a one man show in a revenge loss to Presentation by 62-71. They're mad we stole their recruit. Pat Barre scored 10 with the reserves, but I know Casey was standing there like bruhs, can I get some damn help here?! Claude O'Neill is out for 43 days with a foot injury, putting a major cramp on our big man situation.

Evidently Casey Jinks has decided he's going to put the Eagles on his back - 36 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists as we blow out St. Cloud 83-58. This time he gets some authentic help, with Monte Joiner scoring 15. If Casey gets hurt again this year, though, we're toast.

Casey Jinks' string of 30+ point games ends at 3. We're destroyed by Augustana, with no one breaking double-digit points. Moving on.

23 points and 10 rebounds for Casey Jinks in a 47-59 loss to Nebraska-Kearney. We just don't have anyone else willing to step up and help him, and it's frustrating, because I've looked for guys who should be able to pack offensive punch.

This is me flipping my keyboard at a 57-60 WIAC opener loss to UW-Platteville. 15 points for Casey Jinks, 10 for Charles Osterman, and Pat fucking Barre shooting us out at 4 for 14 for his 10 bench points.

Casey Jinks gets 17 points and 6 rebounds as we just barely beat Stout 56-50. I'm really beginning to detest Pat Barre and may just cut his ass loose next season.

We didn't offer any scholarships, as this was a research month, but we'll offer now to the best of our options.

Code:
2019 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Whitewater Warhawks 2 0 1.000 9 4 .692 75 13 UW-Platteville Pioneers 1 0 1.000 2 7 .222 814 9 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 1 1 .500 5 5 .500 338 10 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 1 1 .500 4 6 .400 754 2 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 1 1 .500 8 4 .667 412 14 UW-Oshkosh Titans 1 1 .500 5 5 .500 373 9 UW-La Crosse Eagles 1 1 .500 4 5 .444 993 10 UW-River Falls Falcons 0 1 .000 4 5 .444 694 5 UW-Stout Blue Devils 0 2 .000 3 7 .300 826 13

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Shooting Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 20 48 .417 20 32 .625 9 30 .300 1.44 Joseph Fields PG 17 39 .436 4 9 .444 6 20 .300 1.13 Morgan Reyes C 14 31 .452 11 15 .733 0 0 .000 1.26 Casey Jinks SF 62 147 .422 48 55 .873 28 81 .346 1.36 Monte Joiner PF 24 49 .490 18 21 .857 0 1 .000 1.35 Pat Barre SG 20 63 .317 16 19 .842 8 40 .200 1.02 Claude O'Neil PF 9 16 .563 3 5 .600 0 0 .000 1.31 Tod Whitt PF 5 16 .313 13 18 .722 1 4 .250 1.50 Del Rauch PG 8 21 .381 4 8 .500 3 13 .231 1.10 Sal Heinrich C 3 6 .500 2 2 1.000 0 0 .000 1.33

At this point, I'm tempted to yank the redshirt off one of my players and just bury Pat Barre on the bottom of the depth chart. Our second leading shot taker shooting 31.7%. GTFOH.

Old 05-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #23
Izulde
Head Coach

Alvin Parmenter, scrub player, got suspended. I remove Pat Barre's legal positions and bump him all the way to the end of the depth chart.

74-79 loss to Oshkosh. Bad shooting night by Casey Jinks despite 18 points and 7 rebounds. 14 points for Monte Joiner, 11 bench points for Del Rauch, whom I may just start anyway. Tod Whitt is out 23 days, continuing our run of harsh injury woes. Del Rauch gets moved back to the lineup, because at this point, I'm willing to try just about anything. Charles Osterman regains his featured status, too.

Ugly shooting from Casey Jinks again, but the line gets him 26 points and a steal, and Del Rauch's 18 points, 5 rebounds, and a steal earn him PotG honors in our 71-51 rout of River Falls. Charles Osterman scored 13 with a block.

53-55 loss to Stevens-Point as we continue to get fucked over in close games. 20 points, 7 rebounds, a block by Casey Jinks is the lone highlight of another frustrating as fuck game. Our RPI is 1000 - the worst it's ever been this late in the year.

76-70 victory over Eau-Claire, but Casey Jinks gets dinged up and finishes with just 10 points and 6 rebounds in 19 minutes. I seriously want to cry right now. 12 points, 7 rebounds, a block by Monte Joiner, 12 boards and a block by Morgan Reyes, 14 points and a steal from PotG Charles Osterman, 11 points by Del Rauch, and 10 by Claude O'Neill as a balanced game carries us. I can't find way to keep Pat Barre off the court, as he played 19 minutes in this one, going 1 for 7.

76-57 road win over Clark as Casey Jinks shrugs off his injury for 26 points, 9 rebounds, and 2 steals, Morgan Reyes scores 16, and Charles Osterman contributes 9 points and 7 assists, which I think is an Eagles record for dishes in this universe. That puts us at .500 overall, so hopefully we can get something out of this miserable, miserable year.

MOTHERFUCKER!!!! 69-70 LOSS TO WHITEWATER AND JOSEPH FIELDS IS OUT 73 DAYS WITH A TORN LIGAMENT!!!!!LSJGLAFHOLHAGOASHGASHIGOAHIF FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU UP THE ASS WITH A PLAGUE-INFEST DILDO YOU STUPID FUCKING SON OF A WHOREBITCH FBCB!!!!!! 25 points and a steal by Casey Jinks, 14 points, a block, and a steal from Monte Joiner.

24 points, 7 rebounds by Casey Jinks as we absolutely nail Superior 57-33. It seems like we either blow people off the court or we get dicked over by the engine with a close loss. No fucking in between.

lsjflasgjjga JESUS H FUCKING ROOSEVELT CHRIST!!! 60-61 LOSS TO PLATTEVILLE?! 31 points, 8 rebounds by Casey Jinks, 12 rebounds and a steal from Morgan Reyes, and 11 points, 9 rebounds, and a steal by Charles Osterman as we lose our fucking umpteen millionth 3 points or less game this year. FUCK.THIS.SHIT.ENGINE that magically makes me .500 in conference every fucking year and screws me over every possible chance it gets.

18 points, 10 rebounds Casey Jinks, 14 points, 10 rebounds, a block Charles Osterman, 10 rebounds Morgan Reyes = win, right? WRONG. 58-64 loss to Stout.

Code:
2019 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Platteville Pioneers 7 2 .778 9 9 .500 410 9 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 7 3 .700 14 7 .667 221 13 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 6 4 .600 11 8 .579 264 10 UW-Stout Blue Devils 5 5 .500 8 10 .444 558 13 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 5 5 .500 12 8 .600 498 14 UW-Oshkosh Titans 4 6 .400 9 10 .474 422 9 UW-La Crosse Eagles 4 6 .400 8 10 .444 862 10 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 4 6 .400 7 12 .368 680 2 UW-River Falls Falcons 2 7 .222 6 12 .333 766 5

I don't understand how shitlord Platteville is 7-2. They have all Red players except an injured Orange. HOW THE FUCK IS THIS HAPPENING?!

Old 05-22-2017, 02:11 AM   #24
Izulde
Head Coach

Time to play out the rest of this awful season. 0-4 in games decided by 3 points or less. Talk about a huge momentum shift if we go even 2-2 in those contests.

58-54 win over Oshkosh as Casey Jinks puts on a virtuoso performance of 25 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, and a block. 11 points and a steal for Charles Osterman.

33 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists for Casey Jinks as we rip River Falls 81-64 to climb back to .500. Del Rauch tees off for 22 points, 8 rebounds, and a steal, and Charles Osterman gets the dirty work done with 7 assists and 5 steals.

William Davies owns our ass as we lose 66-70 to Stevens Point despite 25 points, 10 rebounds, and a steal from Casey Jinks, 12 points and 10 boards by Monte Joiner. Of course, a 7-24 FTA disadvantage had a lot to do with it. Such bullshit.

0-6 in 4 point games or less, 75-78 to Eau Claire. Casey Jinks does his thing with 24 points, 8 rebounds, 2 steals, and Monte Joiner continues to show signs of a secondary scorer with 16 points, 7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and a steal. Morgan Reyes with 8 points, 13 rebounds, a block and 2 steals. But seriously, fuck this year.

We now have to win out to finish .500 in WIAC play for the third straight year, and beat Whitewater 67-59. Monte Joiner pile-drives his way to 21 points, 12 rebounds, and a block for a rare non-Jinks PotG. Casey Jinks had a bad shooting night for his 14 points and a steal, and Charles Osterman scored 10.

Non-conference game against Concordia (WI) next, a 71-66 win with 34 points and 8 rebounds by Casey Jinks, whose arms must be getting tired with all the shooting he's had to do this year.

And our conference record ends at... 8-8 as we fuck you destroy Superior 84-68. Casey Jinks scores 21 with a block, but it was Charles Osterman who got Player of the Game with 17 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 steals. Del Rauch had one of his good games with 20 points and 2 steals, and Monte Joiner adds 10 points.

Three straight years of .500 conference play for the greatest player ever to suit up for UW-L. So, so stupid. 69-44 demolishing of Dubuque on Casey Jinks' 23 points and 8 rebounds, Del Rauch chipping in a good 14 points and 7 boards.

A couple nights later, we're in Minnesota to play Minnesota-Morris and beat them handily, 71-54. Casey Jinks fires off 24 points and 10 rebounds, Del Rauch scores 12 with a steal, and Monte Joiner puts up 12 points of his own, thereby clinching we'll have a winning record.

The last recruit we're trying to get continues to toy with us.

We guarantee matching last year's win total, as Casey Jinks scores 28 with 6 rebounds and a steal, and we put pad to Drew 64-53. Morgan Reyes is big in the paint with 8 points, 13 rebounds, and 5 blocks.

16 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, a steal and PotG for Del Rauch in a 61-51 road win over UMass-Boston. 14 points in a foul-plagued 17 minutes for Casey Jinks, and Monte Joiner tops it off with 11 points and 7 rebounds.

0-6 in 4 points or less games. If we go even 3-3, that means we win the WIAC and have another 20 win season. Such incredible bullshit.

D-2/D-3 NCAA Schools
Trevecca Nazarene (10 seed Midwest)
Thiel (11 seed South)
St. Mary's (MD) (14a seed East)

The barrier finally pops 4 years in. We know about Trevecca Nazarene, of course, but the others are totally new here.

D-2/D-3 NIT Schools
Ashland (8 seed West)
Hardin-Simmons (9 seed West)
Cal Tech (10 seed West)
Bethany Lutheran (3 seed West)
Northern Michigan (8 seed Midwest)
Pitt-Greensburg (7 seed Midwest)
Texas-Permian Basin (10 seed Midwest)
Ursinus (5 seed Midwest)
Clayton State (2 seed Midwest)
St. John Fisher (6 seed Midwest)
Virginia-Wise (4 seed East)

D2-D3 CBI Schools
1 seed Elmhurst
8 seed Birmingham-Southern
4 seed Webster
13 seed Maine Maritime
12 seed Maryville
10 seed Medgar Evars

CBI is a mix this time, and this is really the season where the D-2/D-3 schools are really starting to step up and get noticed by the selection committees. UW-Stevens Point got screwed out of a postseason invite.

Finally.

SG Joseph Henkel - 6'4, 192 - Beaver HS - Beaver, OK - 3*
There's just 95 total students in this tiny school, and there's a lot of low-income students - 44% of those 95 are considered low income. Beaver itself has just 1,454 residents - a real nothing town located in the panhandle. It does have one claim to fame, however - the annual World Cow Chip Throwing Championship. Yes, that's right, bovine shit tossing. Doesn't get any more redneck than that. A lot of SAHM, too, I believe, given female per capita income is half that of men.

As for Henkel, he really, really wanted to go to a prestigious program. Problem was, nobody offered him more than a walk-on spot, so he reluctantly took our scholarship. I'm seeing a 3 position player able to line up anywhere along the perimeter, with potentially elite shooting, and the upside in floor general skills to be our starting PG once he develops. 2.37 GPA and 910 SAT is sketchy, and probably why he's only ranked #1024. All-State player who can hopefully continue the proud Okie tradition established by Casey Jinks.

NCAA Final Four
1 seed UNLV vs 16 seed Buffalo!
7 seed Ohio State vs 2 seed Kentucky

...Yeah. Suspension of disbelief = shattered. I really do hate FBCB's engine sometimes in how often in generates unrealistic tournament results. St. Mary's (MD) pulled off the upset in the play-in game, but got not further. UNLV back in the title game, where they beat Kentucky to finally claim that long-awaited national title again.

NIT Final Four
1 seed San Diego State vs 1 seed Boston College
1 seed Iowa vs 5 seed Florida

It's Eagles/Gators in the championship, with Florida chomping the Eagles by like 20+ points.

Clayton State got lucky when St. John's Fisher upset Western Illinois and rode to the Elite 8, but otherwise it was the trashing expected.

CBI
Birmingham-Southern upset Yale, and then knocked off Elmhurst, who surprised LIU-Brooklyn. Acronym-heavy CBI Final with IPFW and UTEP going at it. The Miners pick away the Mastadons 2 games to 1.

CIT
Lot of upsets here, but in the end 10 seed Jacksonville State preserved D-1 power by knocking off 1 seed Florida Tech in the championship.

Code:
UW-LA CROSSE EAGLES Averages Player Pos GP GS Min Pts Orb Reb Ast Stl Blk To Fls +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 29 29 33.5 8.1 1.1 4.6 2.4 0.8 0.3 2.5 2.9 6.2 Casey Jinks SF 29 29 32.4 22.9 1.4 7.1 1.8 0.5 0.1 2.7 3.0 6.7 Monte Joiner PF 29 29 31.5 9.2 1.9 5.0 0.9 0.3 0.4 0.9 3.2 6.7 Morgan Reyes C 29 29 28.9 4.6 2.2 7.4 1.7 0.6 1.0 1.8 2.5 6.3 Joseph Fields PG 15 10 25.1 4.1 1.2 2.9 2.1 0.4 0.1 1.7 2.6 0.7 Del Rauch PG 29 19 22.2 7.9 1.0 2.9 1.3 0.4 0.1 1.0 1.8 4.4 Claude O'Neil PF 22 0 14.7 3.8 1.0 4.0 0.5 0.2 0.3 0.9 1.5 -0.8 Tod Whitt SF 24 0 14.7 3.2 0.7 1.9 0.7 0.6 0.2 1.3 1.8 -3.0 Pat Barre SG 25 0 8.5 3.6 0.1 1.0 0.3 0.2 0.0 0.6 0.8 0.4 Nelson Wilcher PG 21 0 7.8 2.0 0.1 0.5 0.5 0.1 0.0 0.4 0.4 0.4 Sal Heinrich PF 25 0 5.9 1.4 0.5 1.4 0.2 0.0 0.1 0.4 0.5 0.2 Alvin Parmenter PF 3 0 1.7 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 -0.7

Code:
Player Pos Fgm Fga Fg% Ftm Fta Ft% 3pm 3pa 3p% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Charles Osterman SG 73 158 .462 49 68 .721 41 99 .414 1.49 Casey Jinks SF 211 494 .427 138 169 .817 103 251 .410 1.34 Monte Joiner PF 99 206 .481 69 92 .750 1 3 .333 1.30 Morgan Reyes C 49 100 .490 36 49 .735 0 0 .000 1.34 Joseph Fields PG 23 57 .404 8 17 .471 7 29 .241 1.07 Del Rauch PG 82 214 .383 33 60 .550 32 108 .296 1.07 Claude O'Neil PF 27 66 .409 29 37 .784 1 1 1.000 1.27 Tod Whitt SF 24 65 .369 23 35 .657 6 27 .222 1.18 Pat Barre SG 28 89 .315 24 31 .774 11 55 .200 1.02 Nelson Wilcher PG 16 33 .485 6 10 .600 4 14 .286 1.27 Sal Heinrich PF 14 28 .500 6 10 .600 0 1 .000 1.21

If it wouldn't kill me on the recruiting trail, I'd cut Pat Barre's no-talent ass.

Code:
Current Performance -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team Prestige: 10 Record Vs 1-50: 0-0 Poll Rank: NR Season Record: 17-12 Record Vs 51-100: 0-0 RPI Rank: #612 Conference Record: 8-8 Record Vs 101-200: 0-2 Home Record: 6-8 Record Vs 200+: 17-10 Team Stats CR NR Opp. Stats CR NR Margin CR NR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Points 66.2 4 479 Points 60.5 1 147 Points 5.7 1 112 O.Reb 10.2 7 581 O.Reb 11.4 7 786 O.Reb -1.2 7 777 D.Reb 25.4 1 294 D.Reb 23.1 3 285 D.Reb 2.3 2 93 Rebounds 35.6 3 406 Rebounds 34.5 4 457 Rebounds 1.1 3 365 Assists 11.0 5 676 Assists 10.6 1 145 Assists 0.5 2 341 Steals 3.8 7 976 Steals 4.4 4 99 Steals -0.7 7 732 Blocks 2.5 2 412 Blocks 1.4 1 21 Blocks 1.1 1 122 Turnovers 12.6 6 233 Turnovers 11.9 8 919 Turnovers 0.7 7 686 Fouls 18.8 3 299 Fouls 18.3 9 902 Fouls 0.5 7 630 FG% .428 4 475 FG% .392 1 23 FG% .036 1 89 FT% .728 1 37 FT% .650 1 200 FT% .078 1 23 3P% .350 3 245 3P% .308 3 262 3P% .042 2 124 PPS 1.27 4 280 PPS 1.12 1 38 PPS .147 1 43 Adj. FG% .496 3 272 Adj. FG% .442 1 30 Adj. FG% .054 1 44

Yeah by our stats we were royally dicked over to our close game record. Still pisses me off.

Code:
2019 Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Standings TEAM CW CL Pct W L Pct RPI Prestige -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- UW-Platteville Pioneers 10 6 .625 13 16 .448 429 9 UW-Stevens Point Pointers 10 6 .625 18 11 .621 163 10 UW-Whitewater Warhawks 10 6 .625 18 12 .600 361 13 UW-La Crosse Eagles 8 8 .500 17 12 .586 612 10 UW-Stout Blue Devils 8 8 .500 13 16 .448 377 13 UW-Eau Claire Blugolds 7 9 .438 16 13 .552 490 14 UW-Superior Yellow Jackets 7 9 .438 12 17 .414 600 2 UW-River Falls Falcons 6 10 .375 14 15 .483 448 5 UW-Oshkosh Titans 6 10 .375 13 16 .448 562 9

Code:
2019 WIAC AWARDS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Player of the Year: JR SF Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 22.9 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.8 APG 0.5 SPG, 0.1 BPG Freshman of the Year: FR PF Monte Joiner UW-La Crosse 9.2 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 0.9 APG 0.3 SPG, 0.4 BPG Coach of the Year: Long Charron UW-Stevens Point 18 - 11 (10 - 6) All-league 1st Team: C JR Andre Merchant UW-Whitewater 11.0 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 1.5 APG, 0.4 SPG, 0.6 BPG PF JR Benjamin Lamb UW-Stout 14.1 PPG, 8.3 RPG, 1.4 APG, 0.7 SPG, 0.6 BPG SF JR Casey Jinks UW-La Crosse 22.9 PPG, 7.1 RPG, 1.8 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG JR William Davies UW-Stevens Point 18.3 PPG, 6.0 RPG, 1.8 APG, 1.0 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SO David Robbins UW-Stout 9.1 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 2.3 APG, 1.2 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-league 2nd Team: C JR Greg Paniagua UW-Eau Claire 7.0 PPG, 7.7 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.4 SPG, 1.5 BPG PF JR Samuel Chidester UW-River Falls 14.1 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 1.1 APG, 0.2 SPG, 0.7 BPG SF JR Raphael Moorer UW-Eau Claire 9.7 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 2.2 APG, 1.5 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG JR Phillip Robbins UW-Oshkosh 12.5 PPG, 5.7 RPG, 3.7 APG, 1.7 SPG, 0.1 BPG PG SO Lance Muncy UW-Eau Claire 12.4 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG All-freshman Team: C FR Arnold Cornelison UW-Platteville 8.2 PPG, 7.3 RPG, 0.7 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.1 BPG PF FR Monte Joiner UW-La Crosse 9.2 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 0.9 APG, 0.3 SPG, 0.4 BPG SF FR Austin Lyons UW-Stout 8.4 PPG, 4.0 RPG, 1.9 APG, 1.1 SPG, 0.1 BPG SG FR Stephen Baker UW-Eau Claire 6.5 PPG, 3.3 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.0 BPG PG FR Erwin Caswell UW-Whitewater 0.7 PPG, 0.5 RPG, 0.2 APG, 0.1 SPG, 0.0 BPG

Second straight WIAC Freshman of the Year goes to our starting PF. But it was a really shit year for the conference newcomers as you can see, so I wouldn't get too hyped about it. Casey Jinks rightfully takes his crown back from William Davies.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:56 PM   #25
Izulde
Head Coach

Code:
2019 Recruiting Rankings # Team Conference Best Player Rtg 5* 4* 3* 2* 1* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 257. UW-Stout WIAC PG Lonnie Shearer *** 0 0 3 0 1 412. UW-Eau Claire WIAC PF Greg Cousin *** 0 0 1 2 0 529. UW-La Crosse WIAC SG Joseph Henkel *** 0 0 2 0 0 652. UW-Whitewater WIAC SG Michel Solomon *** 0 0 1 0 1 710. UW-Superior WIAC PF Tony Reuter ** 0 0 0 1 1 779. UW-Stevens Point WIAC C Harold Curiel ** 0 0 0 1 0 783. UW-Platteville WIAC PG Larry Drummond ** 0 0 0 1 1 1046. UW-Oshkosh WIAC 0 0 0 0 0 1047. UW-River Falls WIAC 0 0 0 0 0

Strong class by Stout, even though two of them sub-6' PGs. Eau Claire got a good PG of their own, though most of the players are not great.

Our prestige inches up to 13. Little by little. Superior's head coach is on the hot seat, which means they'll probably win the conference or some dumb shit like that. WIAC coaches all stay in place.

First time in a long time no one's transferred out. Was hoping Pat Barre would, but no such luck.

Alabama: 1
Georgia: 1
Nebraska: 2
Oklahoma: 2
Pennsylvania: 1
Wisconsin: 1

Recruit Awards:
All-State: 7
Mr. Basketball: 3

Recruit By Rankings
600-700: 2
800-900: 1
1000-1100: 1
1100-1200: 4
1200-1300: 2
1300-1400: 1
1400-1500: 1

0-2K: 4
2K-5K: 4
10K-20K: 2

0-299: 5
300-699: 3
700-999: 2
1500-2000: 1

4 scholarships to offer this year, so we'll focus on a couple recruits hard I think, rather than try to spread it out.

We strike out on all three of our initial targets. Ugh. We were in the lead on one at one point, too.

Perimeter Players

Chris Albino - 6'0, 177 - Valentine Rural Area HS - Valentine, NE - 3*
Great 3 point shooter, quick, and with okay pass/handles for this level. A complete zero defensively who will be the third string point guard this season, moving up to second next year. Should be a dynamite offensive player when he develops, but always bad on the defensive end. Yellow/Green.

Joseph Fields (So)
Code:
Height: 6-0 Weight: 191 High School: Lee County High School Hometown: Leesburg, GA Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 15 10 25.1 4.1 1.2 2.9 2.1 1.7 1.19 0.4 0.1 2.6 Career 15 10 25.1 4.1 1.2 2.9 2.1 1.7 1.19 0.4 0.1 2.6 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 1.5 3.8 .404 0.5 1.1 .471 0.5 1.9 .241 1.07 0.73 Career 1.5 3.8 .404 0.5 1.1 .471 0.5 1.9 .241 1.07 0.73

He'll again begin the season as the starting point guard, despite frustrating lack of improvement in training camp. The best pure floor general we've ever had, and if he could just grow into his shooting and defensive potential, he'd be amazing. Alas, injuries prevented him from that. Yellow/Green

Joseph Henkel - 6'4, 200 - Beaver HS - Beaver, OK - 3*
Looks a lot like Albino, only with much less developed 3 point shot and far superior jump shooter. Could grow into a combo guard off the bench in fullness of time, or maybe even compete for a starting spot at PG. Orange/Green.

Hal Sansone (RS Fr)
Comparisons to a no handles version of Casey Jinks continue, albeit one with a stronger jumper and good on the defensive boards for one of his small stature position wise. He'll get minutes this year, and step into the lineup next season.

Pat Barre (Jr)
Fuck this guy. Should receive scant to no PT this year if I have anything to say about it. Was even worse last year than his freshman season and he was awful then.

Charles Osterman (Sr)
Code:
Height: 6-4 Weight: 202 High School: J.I. Burton High School Hometown: Norton, VA Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 33.0 10.2 1.0 4.7 2.2 2.0 1.07 1.0 0.3 2.7 2018 29 29 32.1 9.2 0.7 4.1 2.1 2.8 0.77 0.8 0.1 2.6 2019 29 29 33.5 8.1 1.1 4.6 2.4 2.5 0.99 0.8 0.3 2.9 Career 88 88 32.9 9.2 0.9 4.5 2.3 2.4 0.99 0.9 0.2 2.7 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 3.3 7.4 .448 2.1 3.2 .660 1.4 4.3 .333 1.38 1.57 2018 2.8 6.9 .402 2.1 3.0 .701 1.6 4.7 .341 1.34 0.52 2019 2.5 5.4 .462 1.7 2.3 .721 1.4 3.4 .414 1.49 6.21 Career 2.9 6.6 .436 2.0 2.9 .690 1.5 4.1 .358 1.40 2.75

Comparatively unsung, but he's really one of our better players who made major strides in his junior year in efficiency. If only his perimeter defense was close to being as good as his post defense, he'd be an exciting player. But as is, he'll be a guy who just didn't live up to his talent. Green/Green.

Robert Kimmel (RS Fr)
Great jumper and perimeter defender, but his handles are awful. Hopefully a kid who can be a stabilizing force as a starter next year alongside Sansone as the two replacements to the stars of my first class. Some passing ability, so I'd really like him to play the 2, but he may be too fat for that. Orange/Green.

Tod Whitt (Jr)
Code:
Height: 6-7 Weight: 244 High School: Rivercrest High School Hometown: Wilson, AR Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 29 11 24.2 3.6 1.4 2.6 1.0 1.3 0.79 0.8 0.3 2.5 2019 24 0 14.7 3.2 0.7 1.9 0.7 1.3 0.53 0.6 0.2 1.8 Career 53 11 19.9 3.4 1.1 2.3 0.9 1.3 0.53 0.7 0.3 2.2 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 1.1 3.1 .367 1.2 1.9 .630 0.2 0.9 .192 1.17 -1.90 2019 1.0 2.7 .369 1.0 1.5 .657 0.3 1.1 .222 1.18 -3.04 Career 1.1 2.9 .368 1.1 1.7 .640 0.2 1.0 .208 1.17 -2.42

Probably time to admit he isn't as good as I think he is. Still a lot of upside, and a player I really like defensively compared to the rest of our roster, but the shooting just isn't there, and his +/- is simply awful. Might still see some time, however. Orange/Yellow.

Casey Jinks (Sr)
Code:
Height: 6-4 Weight: 208 High School: Grove High School Hometown: Grove, OK Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 33.0 18.8 1.7 6.9 1.0 2.2 0.47 0.7 0.2 3.2 2018 25 25 29.9 19.8 1.1 6.0 1.7 2.6 0.66 0.5 0.2 3.3 2019 29 29 32.4 22.9 1.4 7.1 1.8 2.7 0.66 0.5 0.1 3.0 Career 84 84 31.9 20.5 1.4 6.7 1.5 2.5 0.66 0.6 0.2 3.2 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 5.7 13.0 .442 4.7 5.9 .801 2.6 6.9 .377 1.45 2.77 2018 6.0 13.5 .448 4.6 5.4 .859 3.0 7.1 .429 1.47 3.24 2019 7.3 17.0 .427 4.8 5.8 .817 3.6 8.7 .410 1.34 6.69 Career 6.4 14.5 .438 4.7 5.7 .823 3.1 7.6 .405 1.41 4.26

Had a down year last season shootingwise, as he adjusted to the fact he grew 2 inches. Hopefully this season he'll get back on track and better be able to adjust. That said, in all other facets, he greatly improved, and will try to make it 3 of 4 WIAC Player of the Year titles, and hopefully get back to a postseason tournament. I don't think anyone is ever going to touch his career scoring record. Green/Green.

Post Players

Monte Joiner (So)
Code:
Height: 6-9 Weight: 238 High School: Marion High School Hometown: Marion, WI Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 29 29 31.5 9.2 1.9 5.0 0.9 0.9 1.04 0.3 0.4 3.2 Career 29 29 31.5 9.2 1.9 5.0 0.9 0.9 1.04 0.3 0.4 3.2 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2019 3.4 7.1 .481 2.4 3.2 .750 0.0 0.1 .333 1.30 6.66 Career 3.4 7.1 .481 2.4 3.2 .750 0.0 0.1 .333 1.30 6.66

Very quickly developing into a strong defensive player and I'm looking for him to really step up his scoring production over the next couple seasons - he's got the talent for it. Absolutely vital to what success we did have on the court last year, and is a stellar two-way player for this level - minus his inability to rebound. Yellow/Green.

Claude O'Neill (Jr)
Code:
Height: 6-9 Weight: 233 High School: Hometown: Derby, Australia Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 29 27 25.5 7.2 1.3 6.6 1.0 1.2 0.81 0.4 0.3 2.6 2019 22 0 14.7 3.8 1.0 4.0 0.5 0.9 0.63 0.2 0.3 1.5 Career 51 27 20.8 5.7 1.2 5.5 0.8 1.1 0.63 0.3 0.3 2.1 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2018 2.4 5.2 .461 2.4 3.1 .758 0.0 0.0 .000 1.38 2.00 2019 1.2 3.0 .409 1.3 1.7 .784 0.0 0.0 1.000 1.27 -0.77 Career 1.9 4.3 .445 1.9 2.5 .766 0.0 0.0 .500 1.34 0.80

Sophomore slump not entirely related to cut PT. That said, he's becoming an adequate shotblocker with some defensive rebounding ability. Depending on how we do in recruiting, he may well get his starting spot back next year, which doesn't exactly excite me.

Morgan Reyes (Sr)
Code:
Height: 6-11 Weight: 277 High School: Edwards County High School Hometown: Albion, IL Stat Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season G GS MIN PTS ORE REB AST TO A/T STL BLK PF -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 30 30 28.8 4.6 1.7 6.3 1.3 1.6 0.80 0.4 0.4 2.5 2018 29 29 27.7 4.9 2.1 6.5 1.2 1.1 1.16 0.4 0.7 2.2 2019 29 29 28.9 4.6 2.2 7.4 1.7 1.8 0.96 0.6 1.0 2.5 Career 88 88 28.5 4.7 2.0 6.7 1.4 1.5 0.96 0.5 0.7 2.4 Shooting Averages: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Season FGM FGA FG% FTM FTA FT% 3PM 3PA 3P% PPS +/- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 2017 1.7 3.6 .467 1.2 1.7 .706 0.0 0.1 .333 1.28 4.07 2018 1.9 3.3 .568 1.2 2.1 .583 0.0 0.0 .000 1.51 3.34 2019 1.7 3.4 .490 1.2 1.7 .735 0.0 0.0 .000 1.34 6.34 Career 1.7 3.4 .507 1.2 1.8 .669 0.0 0.0 .333 1.37 4.58

The WIAC's best defensive player by far, I'm really going to miss him next season. He does his role, shuts down opponents, and is the most unheralded guy on the roster. Unless we recruit insanely well, we'll have a literally huge hole here next season. Yellow/Green.

We go 8 deep in Yellow or Green current, Orange 12 deep. No one else in the conference even comes close to that level of total talent, so if we bust again, I deserve to get fired.

1-3-1 zone defense with 8 pace, 8 three point shooting. Simply put, we're going to straight up run you off the court this year. Casey Jinks is the primary dude.

84-55 smashing of St. Mary's (MN). 39 points for Casey Jinks, just missing the fabulous 40. Charles Osterman scores 20 with 6 rebounds in what's really a two man show.

Wayne State (NE) falls 71-59 to Casey Jinks 23 points and 9 rebounds, with Monte Joiner just missing the double-double with a 9 point, 9 rebound showing. The performance everyone is buzzing about, though? Hal Sansone with 15 points and 5 rebounds in just 19 minutes.

If I told you that Casey Jinks had an awful shooting night of 3 for 15, getting just 9 points, 9 rebounds, a block, and 2 steals, you'd say we lost. You'd be wrong - 59-40 win over Wartburg on Monte Joiner's 11 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and a block, and Hal Sansone's 11 points and a steal in 15 minutes.

Our closest game comes in the final month, as we emerge 60-53 winners over Clark Atlanta, riding Casey Jinks' 26 points and 8 rebounds, and Hal Sansone's 11 points and a block in 11 minutes.

Sadly, despite our on-court success, we have another rejection. It's been an awful early recruiting season, and I don't anticipate it getting any better.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:49 PM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

31 points, 13 rebounds, and a block for Casey Jinks in a tough 89-82 road win over Dubuque. Charles Osterman chips in 14 points, Joseph Fields has 10 points and a block, and Claude O'Neill contributes 10 points and 4 rebounds off the bench. Morgan Reyes gets a near double-double of 9 points, 9 rebounds, a block and a steal - below his 2.5 per game average in rejections. Unfortunately, both Claude O'Neill and Hal Sansone pick up injuries that will have them on limited effectiveness for a couple games.

And yet, we escape with a 79-78 win over Williams thanks to 29 points and a block for Casey Jinks, 14 points by Charles Osterman, and 10 points, 6 rebounds off the bench by Hal Sansone.

Naturally, right as we reach #18 in the Mid-Major polls, we come out flat and finally snap our 13 game winning streak dating back to last season, falling 42-55 to Oklahoma Panhandle State, with literally everyone stinking.

We pick back up with a 63-62 squeaker over St. Cloud with Casey Jinks 22 points and a steal, Morgan Reyes' 10 points, 9 rebounds, 2 blocks and 2 steals, and Claude O'Neill's 11 points, 6 rebounds, and a steal. Nice to see the pendulum swing the other way for a couple games.

We've been playing horrible teams, though, so our RPI is ass, and it's hard to say how good we really are. 76-55 beatdown of Southwest Minnesota, Casey Jinks again just missing the 40 mark with 39 points and 14 rebounds. Hal Sansone adds 10 off the bench.

Superior's coach takes another step to getting fired in our WIAC opener, as we beat them soundly, 79-61. Casey Jinks has 26 and 7 rebounds, Charles Osterman posts a solid all-around game of 9 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists, and a steal, and Monte Joiner wakes up for 13 points and a block. Hal Sansone continues his bench Jinks impression with 15 points in 14 minutes.

38 points, 10 rebounds, and a steal for Casey Jinks in a PotG losing effort, 82-88 to UW-Eau Claire. Ugh. 10 points, 3 blocks for Morgan Reyes, and 8 points, 7 rebounds off the bench for Hal Sansone, but our defense completely deserted us in a crucial early battle.

31 points, 10 rebounds, and a steal by Casey Jinks as we lose our second straight, 70-76, to Loras. Same old bullshit of playing great until conference play hits, and then suddenly we're ass.

FUCK.YOU. 71-73 bullshit loss to Stevens Point. I am so fucking sick of this game's constant bullshit of BEAT EVERYONE IN NON-CON, THEN MAGICALLY LOSE ALL THE GAMES IN CONFERENCE AT BEST .500 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! 27 points, 14 rebounds by Casey Jinks, 12 points, a block, a steal from Monte Joiner.

And of course another fucking post recruit disses us. We get a PG recruit, but I'm so pissed off right now, I'll do his shit later. Fucking bullshit engine.

Old 09-21-2020, 05:21 PM   #27
britrock88
Pro Starter

This is of personal interest to me and here I am discovering it about 40 months too late.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:36 AM   #28
Izulde
Head Coach

Sorry you discovered it so late. I'll see if the save is still active so I can get mad again about Jinks' senior year being wasted due to engine bullshit.