Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2021, 01:32 PM   #1501
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
So, you think we should just let what happened yesterday go without comment or consequence?
Of course not, but I one hundred percent always operate under the assumption that politicians are doing what’s best for them, not what’s right. He should be removed. But I don’t think the Democrats want him removed.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #1502
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Upon further thought, unless they think he’s going to fire off a nuke or something, why would the Democrats want to remove him at this point? Don’t they want him around screwing up the ‘22 and ‘24 primaries? I’m thinking this is all just posturing and grandstanding.

In what way will him being removed prevent him from being around to screw up the 22 and 24 primaries?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:34 PM   #1503
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just because it was poorly organized and executed doesn't make it any less of a coup.

This is a good point. If these people had planned to do something serious, they could have wiped out most of the legislature easy.

I am a little surprised that this isn't a bigger deal. Politicians are grandstanding but we haven't seen anything like this since the Civil War. The head of the Executive branch told his supporters to take out the legislature.

Anyone in the cabinet with a shred of dignity should invoke the 25th Amendment. The House and Senate should pass through impeachment and removal immediately. Cruz and Hawley should be expelled. Everyone who entered the Capitol yesterday should be charged with a felony.

The issue isn't "it's only 2 weeks, lets ride it out". It's that if you don't stand up, the next time it will be worse. You can't embolden insurrectionists, terrorists, fascists, whatever you want to call them without repercussions.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:37 PM   #1504
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Of course not, but I one hundred percent always operate under the assumption that politicians are doing what’s best for them, not what’s right. He should be removed. But I don’t think the Democrats want him removed.

They at least want to force a vote of some kind. This is an unbelievable winning strategy for future campaigns. "Hawley supported Trump's coup... can you trust him in the White House?"
Old 01-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #1505
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My cousin just posted that limiting mail-in ballots will solve everything b/c then people will have faith that elections are fair.

The thing is, I am 100% sure he believes that. He’s a good guy.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #1506
JPhillips
General Manager

While Ben brings up a good point, I'm comforted knowing that Trump couldn't possibly win in 2016 and the GOP couldn't possibly survive in 2020. Pelosi clearly understands electoral politics.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #1507
Ben E Lou

That’s a fair point. I would just think they want the chaos of him actually running in 2024. Because if he is not impeached and banned, you know he will start running like three weeks from now.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:41 PM   #1508
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Him being impeached doesn't stop him from running in 2024.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #1509
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
When even Rand Paul, a man who has never met a cause he won't grandstand meaninglessly for (just like dad), is like "this is stupid", you know this is stupid

SI

I'm going way, way back to early this morning, but let's not give Paul a whole lot of credit here. The day before yesterday, this was an email that was sent out for fundraising on the 4th. He doesn't really have a leg to stand on.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:43 PM   #1510
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
Anyone in the cabinet with a shred of dignity should invoke the 25th Amendment. The House and Senate should pass through impeachment and removal immediately. Cruz and Hawley should be expelled. Everyone who entered the Capitol yesterday should be charged with a felony.

The issue isn't "it's only 2 weeks, lets ride it out". It's that if you don't stand up, the next time it will be worse. You can't embolden insurrectionists, terrorists, fascists, whatever you want to call them without repercussions.

I agree with all of this except impeachment, because there just isn't time to do impeachment properly. The 25th should be invoked and he should be removed that way, arrests and charges made, all the rest of it, and setting the precedent to 'just let it go' is wrong also.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:55 PM   #1511
RainMaker
General Manager

I should point out that protesters at Trump's inauguration were rounded up and arrested by the hundreds. They charged many with conspiracy and other crimes because they were in the vicinity of where some windows were broken. This included journalists and a couple nurses who stopped to help. They faced over 60 years in prison for this.

The fact that the US government made barely any arrests while people bragged on camera about committing multiple felonies should tell you about justice in this country.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:57 PM   #1512
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

The Senate can vote to disqualify someone from holding future office as part of an impeachment process.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 01:58 PM   #1513
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
If I'm understanding the process correctly, Congress has to rule on the outcome of the 25th amendment petition within 21(?) days. It was a length of time that allowed them to basically run out the clock and not have to do anything until after Jan. 20th.

+1
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #1514
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Heh...all that to nominate Garland. Never mind...
I was down about the pick but I did read that Garland has extensive history in prosecuting domestic terrorism cases. Probably a good thing with what is likely coming.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:02 PM   #1515
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
The Senate can vote to disqualify someone from holding future office as part of an impeachment process.

Yes, this is the only reason I see to consider impeachment, given the timing. If they can continue the process even after he is out of office, and ban him from office, that would be a useful outcome. Let him go start his news channel or whatever. It's a useful outcome to the Republicans at least, so you would think they might consider it. Otherwise, they continue to have to negotiate with this guy and his followers.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #1516
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

The woman who was shot:

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #1517
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I was down about the pick but I did read that Garland has extensive history in prosecuting domestic terrorism cases. Probably a good thing with what is likely coming.

I think Jones or Yates would've been good, but the ability to fill a seat on the D.C. circuit is hard to pass up.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:03 PM   #1518
RainMaker
General Manager

Old 01-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #1519
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
just added another "highlight, right click, search google" word to my list.

The Beer Hall Putsch is the one you're looking for.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #1520
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yes, this is the only reason I see to consider impeachment, given the timing. If they can continue the process even after he is out of office, and ban him from office, that would be a useful outcome. Let him go start his news channel or whatever. It's a useful outcome to the Republicans at least, so you would think they might consider it. Otherwise, they continue to have to negotiate with this guy and his followers.
That’s what I’m getting at. I really think forbidding him to hold office helps the Republicans more than it does the Democrats. He lost in 2020, has lost a few more folks by his actions since the election, and by the way, the Republican Party lost the presidency, Senate, and house on his watch. He’d lose by more in 2024 if he won the nomination, and if he didn’t, his presence in the primary field assures continued chaos in the Republican Party.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-07-2021 at 02:18 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:12 PM   #1521
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

THIS genius wore his work badge and then they took it from him
Old 01-07-2021, 02:18 PM   #1522
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post

It's the other punishment that can happen:

Quote:
Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #1523
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
That’s what I’m getting at. I really think for bidding him to hold office helps the Republicans more than it does the Democrats. He lost in 2020, has lost a few more folks by his actions since the election, and by the way, the Republican Party lost the presidency, Senate, and house on his watch. He’d lose by more in 2024 if he won the nomination, and if he didn’t, his presence in the primary field assures continued chaos in the Republican Party.

I think there' a lot of truth to that, but it ignores the effect of letting Trump' base have a collective tent to take political shelter & identity under for four more uninterrupted years.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #1524
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
That’s what I’m getting at. I really think forbidding him to hold office helps the Republicans more than it does the Democrats. He lost in 2020, has lost a few more folks by his actions since the election, and by the way, the Republican Party lost the presidency, Senate, and house on his watch. He’d lose by more in 2024 if he won the nomination, and if he didn’t, his presence in the primary field assures continued chaos in the Republican Party.

Not sure about that. We just saw how Trumpism without Trump doesn't bring out the same turnout. While Trurmp may still lose in 2024, those low propensity voters can help the GOP in Congressional races just like in 2020. If he can't run, whoever he supports will still be tainted by Trump association, but the party won't have the same turnout benefit.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #1525
cuervo72
Head Coach

Bah, if he's banned he just runs Ivanka.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:24 PM   #1526
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

If I were Laura Brannigan I would sue!
Old 01-07-2021, 02:24 PM   #1527
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I can't see how anyone who was around in 2016 can say well if Trump runs he'll just sow chaos and lose big.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-07-2021 at 02:24 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #1528
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
My cousin just posted that limiting mail-in ballots will solve everything b/c then people will have faith that elections are fair.

My boss told me basically the same thing yesterday.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:26 PM   #1529
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

I kind of agree that him running for President would be a loss. But he also drives turnout. Republicans haven't shown they can win when Trump isn't on the ballot.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #1530
Jas_lov
College Starter

Yeah, especially if Biden can't run again due to age. Can Harris beat him? We need to get rid of Trump so he can't ever win again because then he'll never leave.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:27 PM   #1531
GrantDawg

Quote:

This was in the tent before he spoke yesterday morning. What was the point of that?
Old 01-07-2021, 02:36 PM   #1532
GrantDawg

Quote:
Let me paint another picture: 2022 midterm brings a resurgence of MAGA because of Dems feeling like they arleady won. Multiple Trump-picked candidates beat out established Republicans and won election, while the GOP at large take over the House and Senate. Constant conspiracy investigations and "scandals" weaken the Biden presidency greatly. VP Harris wins the Democratic nomination, but is in the midst of a investigation over *insert stupid conspiracy here*. Meanwhile Trump cruises to nomination, and with the help of the GOP statehouses that have tighten voter laws to a point that many people of color are excluded from having their votes counted, we get President Trump round two.
Long shot? Sure. Extremely possible? Absolutely. That is why you impeach.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #1533
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Chatanooga football is looking for a coach. Any takers?
Old 01-07-2021, 02:37 PM   #1534
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My boss told me basically the same thing yesterday.

Then the GOP can get back to what they're good at: suppressing votes the old fashioned way

SI

Old 01-07-2021, 02:38 PM   #1535
miami_fan
Coordinator

So we are giving the terrorists the benefit of the doubt as to whether it was a coup or not? JFC.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:38 PM   #1536
kingfc22
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...3ENZ6Z6M3NLGOU

Always the brave soul. Screw Graham. What else could he possibly want to see?
Old 01-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #1537
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:

How do these folks rectify the fact that entire American states have been voting exclusively by mail since literally the last millennium?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-07-2021 at 02:43 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #1538
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Let me paint another picture: 2022 midterm brings a resurgence of MAGA because of Dems feeling like they arleady won. Multiple Trump-picked candidates beat out established Republicans and won election, while the GOP at large take over the House and Senate. Constant conspiracy investigations and "scandals" weaken the Biden presidency greatly. VP Harris wins the Democratic nomination, but is in the midst of a investigation over *insert stupid conspiracy here*. Meanwhile Trump cruises to nomination, and with the help of the GOP statehouses that have tighten voter laws to a point that many people of color are excluded from having their votes counted, we get President Trump round two.
Long shot? Sure. Extremely possible? Absolutely. That is why you impeach.

Republicans will probably do well in the midterms because the opposition party usually does. Plus the Democrats hate having power and will do jack shit for the next 2 years.

He has backed candidates before and it hasn't mattered. And in 4 years he'll be 77. At his weight and with his mental decline, you could be dealing with a whole different person.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:42 PM   #1539
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think if the Dems think having Trump out there in the field helps them, they're even dumber than I thought and I don't have a high opinion with them to begin with, especially right now. You impeach him now, especially if you have the Senate votes to convict because it also fractures the GOP.

But that's precisely why they aren't doing it because they know they won't get the votes in the Senate and they're having to instead beg for the 25th to be used by a VP Pence who isn't going to do it. So, they can look weak and ineffective with impeachment or weak and ineffective with the 25th begging. And we're all going to be running out the clock, praying Trump, the man with loyal followers all over the military and media and a nuclear football doesn't do something stupid or just sit idly by while our enemies do something awful.

SI

Old 01-07-2021, 02:43 PM   #1540
GrantDawg

And as if on cue. We can't have too many black people voting in Georgia:
Old 01-07-2021, 02:43 PM   #1541
Edward64
Head Coach

Trump is a cult of personality. There won't be anyone else to take his place in the eyes of his followers ... not Cruz, not Ivanka, not Don Jr etc.

But that is not to say he can't do any damage after 2020. He will influence many of the races in 2022 and if able to, he will run in 2024.

But unlike some that says let's impeach him and stop him from running in 2024, I have more faith in the American public. Trump is an aberration, he won't win in 2024 with the one key assumption that Biden/Kamala presidency isn't a total mess.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:43 PM   #1542
RainMaker
General Manager

Also none of these decisions should be based on 2022 or 2024. You impeach him because he committed crimes and is a threat to the country.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:44 PM   #1543
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
How do these folks rectify the fact that entire American states have been voting exclusively by mail since literally the last millennium?
Let me answer for my boss: he doesn't know or care.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:46 PM   #1544
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also none of these decisions should be based on 2022 or 2024. You impeach him because he committed crimes and is a threat to the country.

Yeah - I'm also here. There may be better political options but you have to do this because it's the right thing to do and this was too big of a thing to not do the right thing.

SI

Old 01-07-2021, 02:47 PM   #1545
GrantDawg

Quote:
Republicans will probably do well in the midterms because the opposition party usually does. Plus the Democrats hate having power and will do jack shit for the next 2 years.

He has backed candidates before and it hasn't mattered. And in 4 years he'll be 77. At his weight and with his mental decline, you could be dealing with a whole different person.
I hope so. But do you know that? You have a crystal ball? I am not saying my "what if" is definitely going to happen, but it would be great if we do everything we can to not let it happen.

All this is doesn't matter anyway, because the Senate is not going to vote to convict if he's impeached.
Old 01-07-2021, 02:48 PM   #1546
RainMaker
General Manager

This is a start. I still think they should be disbanded and taken over by Secret Service. Need a deep investigation into those who worked with the insurrectionists.

Old 01-07-2021, 02:49 PM   #1547
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Let me answer for my boss: he doesn't know or care.

I do think there needs to be some sort of communication program leading up to the next election basically saying here's what's going to happen, here are the checks and balances, here's everyone that will be watching the counting, here's how the mail in are secured, here's the audit trail etc.

Some will still be unconvinced but it will help.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:55 PM   #1548
sabotai
General Manager

This broke me. I can't stop laughing at this (edit of a video posted a few pages ago)

Animani they pushed me out and maced me : trashy
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #1549
Ben E Lou

Quote:
I said this earlier. But in case I wasn't clear, both chambers should have remained after the certification and booted his butt right then and there.

It is *always* my position that our leaders should do what's right, consequences be damned.

But that's not the real world. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced that Pelosi truly wants him impeached, removed, and banned from running.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 01-07-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 02:57 PM   #1550
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
tiresomely pedantic to be honest

Yes it is quite tiresome. What we need to do is drop the 82nd airborne into the northern Michigan peninsula and any other white supremacist havens and wipe them the fuck out. Otherwise in a few hundred years this time will be viewed in history same as 376 AD in Rome.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-07-2021 at 02:58 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote