Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #6301
Atocep
Coordinator

The House Committee is expected to issue a subpoena to Trump today. It's mostly symbolic since there's no way in hell he ever testifies.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:06 PM   #6302
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

How unfortunate. They let him down again.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:14 PM   #6303
Atocep
Coordinator

This Supreme Court is all in for pushing Conservative ideals on the people, but they've made it clear they have no allegiance to Donald Trump. I can't imagine how much that infuriates him.
Old 10-13-2022, 03:35 PM   #6304
JPhillips
General Manager

Trump is right that between him one is the whore and one is the john, he's just unaware that he's the whore and the john has moved on.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:53 PM   #6305
RainMaker
General Manager

It is really something watch all the evidence of crimes being laid out right in front of people. Not circumstantial evidence, but witnesses and documents. Nothing will be done by the DOJ but good lord that dude loves to commit crimes.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:33 PM   #6306
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
It is really something watch all the evidence of crimes being laid out right in front of people. Not circumstantial evidence, but witnesses and documents. Nothing will be done by the DOJ but good lord that dude loves to commit crimes.

I have been as critical as can be about the pace at which the DOJ has been moving, and I still don't think he suffers any consequences, but I think at this point he gets charged. You are going to piss off half the country regardless, may as well do the right thing.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 08:17 PM   #6307
Ksyrup

The Steve Scalise "the J6 committee refuses to ask questions about whether Pelosi was involved in the delay in requesting national guard assistance" BS from about 4 months ago was always suspect. But now that we've seen video of Scalise standing right by Pelosi as she calls any and everyone asking for assistance... How do these people sleep at night? Like, that is the most brazen, shameless lie.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-14-2022, 07:19 AM   #6308
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The House Committee is expected to issue a subpoena to Trump today. It's mostly symbolic since there's no way in hell he ever testifies.

As several people online have noted, this is so Former President Trump cannot credibly say that the J6 committee did not give him a chance to be heard.

He will still non-credibly say it. And the "my feelings don't care about the facts" crowd will still believe him.

But just b/c MAGA does not care about the facts/rules/norms does not mean that conservatives and Democrats should start ignoring them.

Do it right.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #6309
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Democrats should try to goad him into showing up by getting it a primetime slot on TV and maybe having all the questioners be the best-looking Democratic Congresswomen they can find.

Either make him further incriminate himself or have him take the 5th, on national TV, over and over again.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:42 AM   #6310
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

You know he had already pre-written the "They never asked me to talk!" tweet. This is a poor substitute. Lacks his normal energy.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:57 AM   #6311
Ksyrup

I co-sign this article.

https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/what-i-want-from-gop
Old 10-14-2022, 03:32 PM   #6312
RainMaker
General Manager

If you're wondering why the FBI did such little investigating into J6 and most of the stuff was done by online sleuths, here's why:

Old 10-15-2022, 03:16 AM   #6313
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I ...uh....juyst....uh....welp...this happened

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 10-15-2022 at 03:17 AM.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 06:30 AM   #6314
Thomkal
Head Coach

I can't believe we were critical of him saying he was a cop...
Old 10-15-2022, 11:02 AM   #6315
PilotMan
Head Coach

Tin star to go with his tin foil hat. All he needs is a 6 shooter cap gun to complete the look.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:26 AM   #6316
Flasch186
Coordinator

I think I hate that under trump (maybe before) nomenclature became malleable. Definitions became fluid and I don’t think we’ll put that genie back in the bottle in my lifetime. That’s really frickin dangerous that labels and words now are meaningless on top of truth being just another tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 11:33 AM   #6317
Atocep
Coordinator

I mentioned this in the biden thread. I watched the debate and it was painful. That picture doesn't do what happened justice. Warnock said something to the effect of "I've never pretended to be a cop" and you should see Walker start digging in his breast pocket while the moderator started prepping for Walker's question. Then he opens by pulling that badge out and promptly gets scolded by the moderator. She actually talks to him like he's a 5 year old telling him he knows the debate rules and there are no props and his response was "it's real".

People are going to vote for this guy.
Old 10-15-2022, 02:34 PM   #6318
RainMaker
General Manager

Thought I read that it was actually given to him by a police department. Some sort of honorary thing. Maybe if you beat your wife enough they give you one.
Old 10-15-2022, 03:41 PM   #6319
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Thought I read that it was actually given to him by a police department. Some sort of honorary thing. Maybe if you beat your wife enough they give you one.

6 beatings for a free sub
12 for a tin star
18 for combo meal with a paper crown
Old 10-15-2022, 04:09 PM   #6320
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
In all seriousness, I'm sure it was. Sort of like a pilot giving a kid wings. Only someone like Walker would believe that means he is a cop.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:14 PM   #6321
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

It sounds like it was given to him by the Jefferson County police department. It's still not a real badge. He even admitted afterwards that he has several of them from different police departments. The moderator made it clear that even if it is real it's still a prop and against debate rules.

It's also in line with him trying to pass himself off as someone that is a law enforcement officer, which junior ranger badges or not, he definitely isn't one.
Old 10-15-2022, 04:37 PM   #6322
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I saw a post somewhere (that I can't find again) showing a badge from Jefferson County which had an outside ring obviously declaring it as honorary, and implying that Herschell had gone so far as to remove the 'honorary' part. Give that all the weight a second-hand retelling of a phantom Reddit post deserves, but I want to believe it.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 10-15-2022 at 04:37 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 06:13 PM   #6323
RainMaker
General Manager

When I was a kid I got those wings from a pilot which apparently makes me and Pilotman equals.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:11 PM   #6324
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
When I was a kid I got those wings from a pilot which apparently makes me and Pilotman equals.

Most of the time you're pissy and miserable and I know a lot of pilots like that, so I'll allow it. For now.

Like Steam?

Old 10-15-2022, 07:12 PM   #6325
QuikSand
lolzcat

Hey, for a hot minute people are talking about something other than his awful parenting, his private abortion support, and his apparent abject stupidity. Waving the toy badge around was crazy like a fox, maybe.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 07:19 PM   #6326
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Hey, for a hot minute people are talking about something other than his awful parenting, his private abortion support, and his apparent abject stupidity. Waving the toy badge around was crazy like a fox, maybe.

The badge thing may actually have more of an impact than the other stuff because it looked weak and pathetic and weak is the worst thing imaginable to MAGA. Trump said in an interview last week that MAGA doesn't care about the domestic violence, mental health issues, abortions, ect and I tend to agree.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:58 PM   #6327
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
The badge thing may actually have more of an impact than the other stuff because it looked weak and pathetic and weak is the worst thing imaginable to MAGA. Trump said in an interview last week that MAGA doesn't care about the domestic violence, mental health issues, abortions, ect and I tend to agree.

I agree. It's much easier to show a picture of how stupid someone is than to constantly tell them about it. The former can have just as much, if not more impact. Think of Dukakis in the tank in 1988.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 09:31 AM   #6328
Ksyrup

The "Mike Lee tells everyone what a principled and great conservative Mike Lee is" thing is... something.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-17-2022 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:39 AM   #6329
cuervo72
Head Coach

Oh, it was a great weekend. You had the Lee thing, you had Lake basically saying that she'll only accept if she wins, and you had Trump telling Jews they'd better hightail it to Israel while they can. Normal stuff.
Old 10-17-2022, 09:58 AM   #6330
PilotMan
Head Coach

"American Jews, I've done more for Jews than any president in the history of the US. The Israeli Jews love me. They could even make me Prime Minister of Israel. Why won't you bend more for me? You're not bending enough! See how revered and loved I am. I deserve that! You should know what you have, before you LOSE IT!!"

That's basically the intent of what he said. It should be shocking. It should be a signal, but it's just one more thing that seems normal in light of his entire presidency.

Imagine of Obama had said that? Or said that any ethnic group or nationality should give him more love.

Like Steam?

Old 10-17-2022, 11:21 AM   #6331
BYU 14
Coordinator

The funny part is, that could actually be a direct quote and nobody would bat an eye, cause, well, it's Trump
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 11:41 AM   #6332
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The scary thing is Lake still has a great shot of being elected, and if she does Arizona elections will be destroyed. Hobbs needs to step up her game.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:08 PM   #6333
kingfc22
Head Coach

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...rates-records/

Of course he did. This is like item #3,543 on ways he used the presidency to line his pockets.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:10 PM   #6334
RainMaker
General Manager

Still shocked Biden didn't completely overhaul the Secret Service.
Old 10-17-2022, 04:11 PM   #6335
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Still shocked Biden didn't completely overhaul the Secret Service.

Is a Service really Secret if everyone knows about them?
Old 10-17-2022, 04:15 PM   #6336
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The scary thing is Lake still has a great shot of being elected, and if she does Arizona elections will be destroyed. Hobbs needs to step up her game.

Hobbs has been disappointing, her debate strategy may well backfire. I get not wanting to engage crazy, but it comes off as weak to a lot of voters on the fence here and Lake is so polished in front of a camera and mic, that she is able to deflect from the craziness with charisma. I felt confident that Hobbs would win 2 months ago, not so much now and if both Lake and Finchem win, we are screwed.

They have a couple of props on the ballot too, that can make it harder to vote, sadly this state could become Florida west next year

One thing that made me happy, was i had a pollster stop by today gathering info on the senate race, and I engaged him in small talk, during which he mentioned he was surprised how blue my neighborhood is going for Kelly. I told him he would meet some that dispelled that notion down the street LOL.
And I think it is anything but blue, but that people how may normally vote red, want no part of Masters.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 05:23 PM   #6337
Ksyrup

Well done!

Old 10-17-2022, 06:19 PM   #6338
GrantDawg

Walker still has a really good shot to beat Warnock as well.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2022, 07:09 PM   #6339
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

If that happens just call it a day, it was a good run...
Old 10-17-2022, 07:13 PM   #6340
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

If he does the evangelical vote most likely pushed him over, which is absolutely insane considering his opponent, but every time he mentioned God or something in the biblical context at their debate he got noticeable cheeers.
Old 10-18-2022, 01:47 PM   #6341
JeeberD
General Manager

Wow...couldn't be bothered to come up with one nice thing to say.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #6342
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
If he does the evangelical vote most likely pushed him over, which is absolutely insane considering his opponent, but every time he mentioned God or something in the biblical context at their debate he got noticeable cheeers.

I would say evangelicals in this country have the least morals of any group. Religion always has its hypocrisy to it but they are almost a parody at this point.

At some point you aren't looking for "imperfect vessels", you just like wife beaters and pedophiles.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-18-2022 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:46 PM   #6343
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It really shouldn't be surprising. So much of religion is predicated on justifying your hatred of those who don't think the way you do.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:05 PM   #6344
cuervo72
Head Coach

What has really bothered me about some religions as I've gotten older are:

1. The idea that you need it to do the right thing
(1a. That they are the sole arbiters of "right.")
2. Even if you don't do the right thing, if you do this one other thing, eh, you have a get out of jail free card, redeemable at the end of the game. Which makes doing the "right things" more or less optional anyway.
Old 10-18-2022, 08:21 PM   #6345
JPhillips
General Manager

I just saw a poll where 43% of self-identified evangelicals agreed that Jesus was a great teacher, but not the son of God.

I'm not sure what that means going forward, but that's a really big shift in religious belief.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:35 PM   #6346
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

someone made the Walker Texas Ranger joke on my facebook friendface wall and now my internet is done.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:27 AM   #6347
whomario
Pro Starter

“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:56 AM   #6348
GrantDawg

Lol. She is such a dim bulb.

Old 10-19-2022, 06:41 AM   #6349
Thomkal
Head Coach

That's okay she'll just rewrite history to ignore this "inconvenience"
Old 10-19-2022, 10:19 AM   #6350
Ksyrup

I don't think she rewrote anything. I don't think it was anything other than "military monument in the south = confederacy." That was the clear assumption.