Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2023, 01:53 PM   #7051
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Dola: The gas thing isn't a done deal, it is something that has been floated by some experts. My guess what actually is going to happen is codes are going to be written for higher venting requirements for gas ovens. Most if not all new housing will then not be set up for gas, and you will only see gas stoves in higher end homes.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 02:19 PM   #7052
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Tom Colicchio says induction is better than gas.

Just a hunch .. he says it while recommending what brand new pots & pans you should buy from his sponsor?
Old 01-16-2023, 02:31 PM   #7053
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dola: The gas thing isn't a done deal, it is something that has been floated by some experts. My guess what actually is going to happen is codes are going to be written for higher venting requirements for gas ovens. Most if not all new housing will then not be set up for gas, and you will only see gas stoves in higher end homes.

Yeah, the gas stove ban was suggested by the head of a government office but Biden has said he has no plans to implement it. He knows it would not be worth spending any political capital on it.
Old 01-16-2023, 02:55 PM   #7054
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Yeah, the gas stove ban was suggested by the head of a government office but Biden has said he has no plans to implement it. He knows it would not be worth spending any political capital on it.

What's so strange is that "Gas stoves cause lung problems for the children who live in homes with them" should be enough, on its own, for people to phase them out voluntarily.

We shouldn't need government action to get rid of them.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:00 PM   #7055
cuervo72
Head Coach

I honestly wonder if lead-based gas or paint would be able to be done away with these days if they hadn't been already.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:09 PM   #7056
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
What's so strange is that "Gas stoves cause lung problems for the children who live in homes with them" should be enough, on its own, for people to phase them out voluntarily.

We also shouldn't read too much into one summary study of data that is hardly conclusive. Asthma is very complex. No one knows what causes it. One fact - California has just about the highest gas-stove percentage and North Dakota just about the lowest - yet both have among the lowest asthma rates. Pollution was once thought to be the primary cause of asthma, but as pollution rates drop in western countries, childhood asthma is way, way up. I'm also not sure how pilot lights worked, but modern appliances and furnaces no longer need them, and if natural gas was causing asthma, you'd expect asthma to be dropping as a result.

The lead author on this paper is a staff member of a group that advocates, as its mission, no fossil fuel use in construction. This study seems to me like complete junk science. Certainly, on its own, not cause to even consider changing laws.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:12 PM   #7057
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
I know several foodies that would rather die of starvation rather than cook on electric.

Personally I don't have gas hookups in my house so electric is my only option. I also don't understand why people generally prefer cooking with gas over electric. Can anyone enlighten me?

The house we moved into three years ago has a gas stove. First time for me. Yes, I've found it is easier to control and you no longer worry about the hot spots and even cooking, and I'm not even a foodie. Go into a fine restaurant and ask what they use.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:24 PM   #7058
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Leaving pollution out of it, and having cooked on all three, my personal review is

induction > gas > electric.
Old 01-16-2023, 03:28 PM   #7059
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Leaving pollution out of it, and having cooked on all three, my personal review is

induction > gas > electric.

I've read enough about induction that I probably would agree in the end, but they are a lot more expensive (and coming down in price). They also have a significant efficiency advantage. It would not shock me if induction continues to increase in popularity, separate from other factors.
Old 01-16-2023, 06:47 PM   #7060
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:

Not the head. Just one commissioner from the CPSC. The chair of the CPSC has said he is not considering a ban.

The dumbest part of this is that Ted Cruz found a 2 yr old tweet from Jill Biden using a gas stove and tried to make it look like she was a hypocrite.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 07:24 PM   #7061
Thomkal
Head Coach

The dumbest part of Ted Cruz is Ted Cruz
Old 01-16-2023, 07:31 PM   #7062
Izulde
Head Coach

I have an induction stove in my house and so far I hate it because I don't have cookware designed for it. But the rare times I cook, I tend to use my Foodi anyway, so it's whatever

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:01 PM   #7063
RainMaker
General Manager

The induction looks so easy to clean. I despite cleaning my gas stove because I tend to spill stuff a lot.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 11:20 PM   #7064
RainMaker
General Manager

https://apnews.com/article/new-mexic...f83a01dd888e63
Old 01-17-2023, 04:31 AM   #7065
GrantDawg

But did he want to ban gas ovens?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2023, 12:12 PM   #7066
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight

We have laws about things like seatbelts for a reason. Many people don't naturally just make those kind of decisions on their own.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:13 PM   #7067
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

These Santos/Devolder fraud/scam stories are getting to be so numerous, it's like they're just coming out of random fiction from the public library.

Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe | Oyster Bay, NY Patch
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:22 PM   #7068
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
These Santos/Devolder fraud/scam stories are getting to be so numerous, it's like they're just coming out of random fiction from the public library.

Disabled Veteran: George Santos Took $3K From Dying Dog's GoFundMe | Oyster Bay, NY Patch

This is the gofundme he claimed was a 501c3 for animal rescue/support.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 06:23 PM   #7069
Ksyrup

It's OK, he needed the $3K to pay for knee replacement surgery.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-17-2023, 08:42 PM   #7070
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
It's OK, he needed the $3K to pay for knee replacement surgery.

I just read the story about him claiming to have had double knee replacement surgery because he was a star volleyball player in college and played on championship teams that beat Yale and Harvard.
Old 01-17-2023, 08:43 PM   #7071
HerRealName
College Prospect

Chris Collins: A list of congressional lawmakers indicted since 2005

It sure seems like Devolder Santos will be added to this list before long.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 10:25 PM   #7072
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The induction looks so easy to clean. I despite cleaning my gas stove because I tend to spill stuff a lot.

The sealed elements will do it for you. Plus, since they cool down extremely fast, you don't get super-burned-on food like you can with sealed elements on a regular electric cooktop.

Also, before this goes further, I'm not being paid by the induction cooktop lobby (but perhaps I should be).
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:48 PM   #7073
Ksyrup

Well, if all the Santos lies didn't move the GOP to throw him out, surely this picture of him in drag will do the trick!

Old 01-18-2023, 03:09 PM   #7074
Atocep
Coordinator

I don't know how anyone is going to be able sort out the facts from the fiction in this guy's life.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:18 PM   #7075
Flasch186
Coordinator

Doesn't matter.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 04:12 PM   #7076
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, if all the Santos lies didn't move the GOP to throw him out, surely this picture of him in drag will do the trick!

Eh, that could be anyone in drag.

In all seriousness though that photo is too blurry to say that it is George Santos.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:15 PM   #7077
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Eh, that could be anyone in drag.

In all seriousness though that photo is too blurry to say that it is George Santos.

The only way we could rule out that it's George Santos is if George Santos said it's George Santos.
Old 01-18-2023, 05:35 PM   #7078
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The only way we could rule out that it's George Santos is if George Santos said it's George Santos.

True
Old 01-19-2023, 08:40 AM   #7079
JPhillips
General Manager

The Forward got ahold of some immigration documents that show Santos' mother wasn't in the US from 1999 to 2003.

So that story about her being in the towers during 9/11...
Old 01-19-2023, 08:43 AM   #7080
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I guess I am not as smart as the NY Democrats, but I might have considered doing opps research on the GOP candidate before he got elected.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:54 AM   #7081
Ksyrup

He contradicted the 9/11 story about 6 months later in a tweet where he said it was the 5th anniversary of his mother's death some day in December.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:41 PM   #7082
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I disagree with most everything DeSantis says or does or wants.

But I give him credit over Trump and pretty much every other GOP aspirant. He does not just talk a big game. He uses the power of the state at every turn to push his political agenda.

I have no idea how broad his appeal is, but if I were a committed MAGA, he'd be my guy for sure.

Old 01-19-2023, 01:53 PM   #7083
RainMaker
General Manager

The problem with DeSantis is that Trump will call him DeFatAss one day and it'll end his political career.
Old 01-19-2023, 02:23 PM   #7084
Atocep
Coordinator

The excerpts from Trump's rape deposition are crazy.

Quote:
Trump was asked by Carroll's lawyer about a black-and-white photograph that showed a small group of people, including Trump and Carroll.

"That's Marla, yeah. That's my wife," Trump said, referring to Maples.

Trump lawyer Alina Habba corrected the mistake, saying, "No, that's Carroll."

Trump's comments under oath threaten to undercut his repeated denials of Carroll's allegations, claiming she's "not my type."
Old 01-19-2023, 06:18 PM   #7085
Ksyrup

Predictably, CNN's pivot to "Fox News Lite" is not going well...

Just a moment...
Old 01-19-2023, 06:27 PM   #7086
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The problem with DeSantis is that Trump will call him DeFatAss one day and it'll end his political career.

Trump has a great instinct for timing. He’s laying low now. But if DeSantis gets weakened, I could see him jumping in for the kill.
Old 01-19-2023, 06:30 PM   #7087
Ksyrup

He's already floated DeSanctimonious, but that's a few too many syllables for his followers, so it didn't catch on.
Old 01-19-2023, 07:26 PM   #7088
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I read an article a couple days that said DeSantis still trails Trump by double digits in a poll of GOP primary voters.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 07:48 PM   #7089
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

As long as he isn't in prison the nomination is Trumps. People can talk up DeSantis all they want but no one is defeating Trump in a primary,
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 07:51 PM   #7090
GrantDawg

Spoiler: Trump is not going to prison.

Old 01-19-2023, 07:53 PM   #7091
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Spoiler: Trump is not going to prison.

Oh I agree with that completely.
Old 01-23-2023, 11:54 AM   #7092
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

One of the most visible dopes in the J6 insurrection found guilty on all counts.

Richard Barnett found guilty on all counts for Jan. 6 riot | 5newsonline.com
Old 01-23-2023, 12:09 PM   #7093
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
As long as he isn't in prison the nomination is Trumps. People can talk up DeSantis all they want but no one is defeating Trump in a primary,

Based on what?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 12:15 PM   #7094
Ksyrup

Most recent polling, if that means anything. Not to mention, hardly anyone with sway over voters speaking out against Trump.
Old 01-23-2023, 01:24 PM   #7095
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I guess mocking Damar Hamlin for having cardiac arrest on the field and having to be revived via CPR is now a MAGA thing

Old 01-23-2023, 01:56 PM   #7096
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Most recent polling, if that means anything. Not to mention, hardly anyone with sway over voters speaking out against Trump.

The most recent polling I've seen had Trump up 15 on DeSantis which isn't very good for a former President that has already thrown his hat into the ring against a state governor that hasn't even announced a run.

I still think it's DeSantis and Trump doesn't make it to the primary. His act is getting old with his voting base and his insults aren't really sticking. He's lost a lot large donors and has started attacking evangelical leaders for not supporting his 2024 run.

Last edited by Atocep : 01-23-2023 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-23-2023, 02:42 PM   #7097
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
Based on what?

Polling aside it is going to be 2016 all over again. People smell blood in the water with a weakened Trump. He went from being a 1200 pound gorilla to an 800 pound gorilla but he is still the biggest gorilla in the room.

The MAGA base base is so strong and there is literally nothing that can be done about that. Trumps closest competitor is DeSantis and he lacks the charisma the base is so fond of. Trump will DESTROY him on a debate stage, hell Charlie Christ made him malfunction.

We are going to end up with a crowded primary again where people pull a few points here, a few points there, and Trump wins easily.

The other scenario is DeSantis doesn't run. He is young, just won reelection, and knows regardless of what happens in 2024 thats it for Trump. Makes little sense for him to not wait until 2028.

So you tell me who is beating Trump and how/why.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:06 PM   #7098
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Polling aside it is going to be 2016 all over again. People smell blood in the water with a weakened Trump. He went from being a 1200 pound gorilla to an 800 pound gorilla but he is still the biggest gorilla in the room.

The MAGA base base is so strong and there is literally nothing that can be done about that. Trumps closest competitor is DeSantis and he lacks the charisma the base is so fond of. Trump will DESTROY him on a debate stage, hell Charlie Christ made him malfunction.

We are going to end up with a crowded primary again where people pull a few points here, a few points there, and Trump wins easily.

The other scenario is DeSantis doesn't run. He is young, just won reelection, and knows regardless of what happens in 2024 thats it for Trump. Makes little sense for him to not wait until 2028.

So you tell me who is beating Trump and how/why.

Trump has his support but his grip over the GOP is weakening. Half of GOP voters want someone else to win the nomination and the standard response I see when Trump is mentioned is that they support Trump and would vote for him again if he wins the nomination but he's too damaged to win the general so it's time for someone else.

DeSantis is playing this smart. Stay back and let Trump punch himself out. Let him get all of his shots in, let him get his insults out there, and don't respond to any of it because you don't have to. By the time the primary comes around all of Trumps attacks are out there and its easier to create an attack strategy.

2024 won't be 2016. Trump isn't the new guy shaking up politics anymore. He has baggage and for all Trumps talk, it's DeSantis doing the shit Trump's supporters wish Trump would have done.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:23 PM   #7099
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess mocking Damar Hamlin for having cardiac arrest on the field and having to be revived via CPR is now a MAGA thing

There is stuff saying his appearance at the playoff game is a signal for end of times and all other wacky stuff. It is scary to imagine people like these idiots walk freely among us. To quote Kid Frost "Crazy MFers come in all shapes and sizes" The absolute mental gymnastics some people will go though to create a conspiracy is mind boggling.

Of course they all know better than science and experts.

Real Or Ritual? Buffalo Bills Damar Hamlin Collapses During Bills Bengals Game On Monday Night! - YouTube

https://youtu.be/SEuUywZxwAw

DAMAR HAMLIN:THE SYMBOLISM - YouTube

Is Damar Hamlin a Satanist and part of the Illuminati?!? - YouTube
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 03:28 PM   #7100
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Trump has his support but his grip over the GOP is weakening. Half of GOP voters want someone else to win the nomination and the standard response I see when Trump is mentioned is that they support Trump and would vote for him again if he wins the nomination but he's too damaged to win the general so it's time for someone else.

DeSantis is playing this smart. Stay back and let Trump punch himself out. Let him get all of his shots in, let him get his insults out there, and don't respond to any of it because you don't have to. By the time the primary comes around all of Trumps attacks are out there and its easier to create an attack strategy.

2024 won't be 2016. Trump isn't the new guy shaking up politics anymore. He has baggage and for all Trumps talk, it's DeSantis doing the shit Trump's supporters wish Trump would have done.

No one in that party has even come close to knocking him from his pedestal. Why should we assume it happens in the next 15 months?