Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2021, 06:37 AM   #1401
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Just for the sake of reference, this is what the capitol looked like when a BLM protest was scheduled:

I have seen people say this is the Capital Building many times, and I just want to point out that it is actually the Lincoln Memorial. Honestly, it makes it worse. This is what they will do to protect a statue, but not to protect the seat of Democracy.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-07-2021 at 06:37 AM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:47 AM   #1402
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This is an instructive thread breaking down the outright lies of Matt Gaetz on the House floor about how facial recognition identified rioters as Antifa/BLM. The fact that the Washington Times would print this and Gaetz would knowingly lie about it with no repercussions is where the problem sits. As long as there are no consequences, this will continue and we will be powerless to stop it.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:59 AM   #1403
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The other take I am seeing is "it's is a public building, and we were allowed in as citizens of the United States. The police let us in, so it can't be a crime"
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:12 AM   #1404
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #1405
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The other take I am seeing is "it's is a public building, and we were allowed in as citizens of the United States. The police let us in, so it can't be a crime"

Amusingish story. My wife, daughter and I went to DC 2 years ago. We got a private tour from some girl working for a rep out of Iowa, I think.

Long story short, while going through security at the underground tram to get to the Capitol building, I lost my keys. I didn't realize it until we were in the Capitol. So I doubled back to the checkpoint and they weren't there. Turns out my wife had them in a jacket pocket that they must have slipped in.

However, while looking for my wife and kid in the Capitol, I walked all over and into various rooms looking for them without anyone batting an eye like I didn't belong. Evidently I also walked through some secure room where cell phones aren't allowed, even though there weren't signs on the door at the time.

This is a log way of saying I'm not surprised the Capitol police were shit yesterday.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:27 AM   #1406
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Responses around the world

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-07-2021 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #1407
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post

Of course, when protesters damaged buildings in Minneapolis and Portland - those same morons were ok with "light 'em up!" so eff them and their two-facedness.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:45 AM   #1408
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Someone should tell them that you can still trespass on public property. Weird how ignorance of the law is a free pass to break it when you're a conservative.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:25 AM   #1409
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Ossoff has broken the .5% lead and is comfortably at .8% and 35615 votes!
No recount can be requested.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #1410
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This is an instructive thread breaking down the outright lies of Matt Gaetz on the House floor about how facial recognition identified rioters as Antifa/BLM. The fact that the Washington Times would print this and Gaetz would knowingly lie about it with no repercussions is where the problem sits. As long as there are no consequences, this will continue and we will be powerless to stop it.

Remember when we found out Goetz was living with a boy he was probably fucking and we just ignored it?
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 08:44 AM   #1411
RainMaker
General Manager

You can apparently say fuck on MSNBC.

Also the guy who helped ransack Pelosi's office and has been bragging about it is still not arrested.

Old 01-07-2021, 08:46 AM   #1412
Ksyrup

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #1413
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Joe Scarborough's not wrong at all. HE'S 100% FUCKING RIGHT!

The 25th should be invoked at a minimum but Pence has no spine, Mitch wants to maximize his power, and we're just all going to hold our breath's that Trump doesn't do something stupid for the next 2 weeks because he promised not to. And we all know how well he keeps his promises.

We're all going to deserve the shit this leads to

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-07-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #1414
Ksyrup

Marco Rubio has out-Marco Rubio'd himself:

Old 01-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #1415
JPhillips
General Manager

As bad as yesterday looked, it's so much worse than most of the media is connecting. There were people in the Capitol prepared to kidnap and restrain people. There were explosives planted at both the RNC and the DNC. There were multiple state capitols closed due to threats. The Governor's mansion in Washington state was stormed.

All of this was connected through the same social media networks. We have a radical para-military force of unknown size loose in the USA, and if we don't do anything about it the attacks wil continue. This isn't going away when Biden is sworn in.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #1416
Ksyrup

A newly-elected WV state delegate was live streaming on FB as he was part of the group that stormed the Capitol. Unreal.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:12 AM   #1417
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Ossoff has broken the .5% lead and is comfortably at .8% and 35615 votes!
No recount can be requested.

Great news. I really thought the best Dems could do out of GA was get 1 out of the 2 with Warnock. Very happy to be proven wrong.
Old 01-07-2021, 09:15 AM   #1418
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
A newly-elected WV state delegate was live streaming on FB as he was part of the group that stormed the Capitol. Unreal.

Hey he was working as an independent journalist.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #1419
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
As bad as yesterday looked, it's so much worse than most of the media is connecting. There were people in the Capitol prepared to kidnap and restrain people. There were explosives planted at both the RNC and the DNC. There were multiple state capitols closed due to threats. The Governor's mansion in Washington state was stormed.

All of this was connected through the same social media networks. We have a radical para-military force of unknown size loose in the USA, and if we don't do anything about it the attacks wil continue. This isn't going away when Biden is sworn in.

Funny, weren't we just calling them a "well regulated militia" the other day?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 09:39 AM   #1420
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

SI

Old 01-07-2021, 09:53 AM   #1421
Ksyrup

This thread will continue to grow...

Old 01-07-2021, 09:56 AM   #1422
BYU 14
Coordinator

I would hope they would be arrested in addition to being outed, Angeli lives here in Arizona and is often at the capitol espousing his rants.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #1423
JPhillips
General Manager

Pelosi announced that the House will adjourn until the inauguration.

I'm sure that this time Trump has learned his lesson.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #1424
bronconick
College Starter

Facebook extended their ban on Trump "for at least two weeks".
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #1425
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Pelosi announced that the House will adjourn until the inauguration.

I'm sure that this time Trump has learned his lesson.

She is worthless as always.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:09 AM   #1426
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Facebook extended their ban on Trump "for at least two weeks".

I got a report on thehill.com that Facebook ban is indefinite.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:12 AM   #1427
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm all for sh*t canning the Capitol Police leadership (and others that may have allowed the protestors to waltz by).

They report to Congress. I'd like to know who they report to in Congress and get those sh*t canned too.

Quote:
The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is a federal law enforcement agency in the United States charged with protecting the United States Congress within the District of Columbia and throughout the United States and its territories. It answers to Congress, not the President of the United States, and is the only full-service federal law enforcement agency responsible to the legislative branch of the Federal Government of the United States.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #1428
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm all for sh*t canning the Capitol Police leadership (and others that may have allowed the protestors to waltz by).

They report to Congress. I'd like to know who they report to in Congress and get those sh*t canned too.

Executive Team | United States Capitol Police

GOOGLE IT
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 01-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #1429
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Oversight
The United States Capitol Police (USCP) is overseen by the Capitol Police Board and has Congressional oversight by appropriations and authorizing committees from the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate. This oversight affords the Department the support and opportunity to continually ensure that the USCP meets the safety and security needs of the Congress, the staff, and the many visitors who come to the United States Capitol each day.

Capitol Police Board
Michael C. Stenger, United States Senate Sergeant at Arms
Paul D. Irving, U.S. House of Representatives Sergeant at Arms (Chairman)
J. Brett Blanton, Architect of the Capitol
Steven A. Sund, Chief of Police (Ex-Officio Member)

Congressional Committees
Appropriations Committees
House Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch

Chairman: Tim Ryan (Ohio)
Ranking Member: Jaime Herrera Beutler (Washington)

Senate Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Legislative Branch

Chairman: Cindy Hyde-Smith (Mississippi)
Ranking Member: Christopher Murphy (Connecticut)

Authorizing Committees
Committee on House Administration

Chairman: Zoe Lofgren (California)
Ranking Member: Rodney Davis (Illinois)

Senate Committee on Rules and Administration

Chairman: Roy Blunt (Missouri)
Ranking Member: Amy Klobuchar (Minnesota)
Old 01-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #1430
RainMaker
General Manager

The Capitol Police is compromised and should be disbanded ASAP. The Secret Service can be expanded to handle those duties.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #1431
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Lady killed during the coup attempt was career military.

KUSI News confirms identity of woman shot and killed inside US Capitol -

She was also an ardent and hardened Q follower.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #1432
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post

SI

A reddit thread tracking the flags flown yesterday. It's an interesting mix.

Footage of today's events at the US Capitol showed many flags. I put some of them together, pretty weird mix. Details in the comments. : vexillology
Old 01-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #1433
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post

Pretty interesting.

WTF is the South Korean and Tibet flag doing there?
Old 01-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #1434
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

Radicalization is not confined to the Middle East.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:48 AM   #1435
Edward64
Head Coach

Oooh, Schumer has got some game.

This may get interesting.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:50 AM   #1436
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Lady killed during the coup attempt was career military.

KUSI News confirms identity of woman shot and killed inside US Capitol -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

This should be ringing alarm bells throughout the Pentagon.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:54 AM   #1437
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Pretty interesting.

WTF is the South Korean and Tibet flag doing there?

I'm guessing Tibet is a nod to the Tibetan Uprising.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:10 AM   #1438
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
She is worthless as always.

Seriously, why isn't the House issuing articles of impeachment right now? Schumer even said they need to remove him.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM   #1439
Atocep
Coordinator

I don't think this would be a surprise to anyone. I'd say it's likely this was an incompetent attempt at a coup.

US allies say Trump attempted coup with help from federal law enforcement - Business Insider
Old 01-07-2021, 11:23 AM   #1440
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Parts of the Capitol police were 100% complicit in this. At the very least they were derelict in their duty to do whatever it takes, including laying down their lives, to protect the heads of state inside. There were likely some heros who saved a lot of lives, including members of the house who have military background. I heard an interview with one this AM who said he was telling all members to remove their pins so they couldn't be identified as house members. Scary stuff.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:28 AM   #1441
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't think this would be a surprise to anyone. I'd say it's likely this was an incompetent attempt at a coup.

US allies say Trump attempted coup with help from federal law enforcement - Business Insider

I agree - I’m struggling with what the endgame was.

It seemed the plan was to exhort his MAGADs to storm the Capitol, but there was no thought/plan for what might happen afterwards, so it appears they did a bit of minor ransacking, milled about a bit and then filed out.

If the plan was to delay the endorsements because by law it had to be the 6th, it was always going to be resumed when safe.

Did he really think GOP Senators and Congressmen would support that course of action, and that was the plan, together they would declare victory and a new term?

So yeah, I think it was an incompetent and incomplete planned coup - essentially the plan was ‘Storm the Capitol and we’ll wing it from there’
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 11:44 AM   #1442
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I agree - I’m struggling with what the endgame was.

It seemed the plan was to exhort his MAGADs to storm the Capitol, but there was no thought/plan for what might happen afterwards, so it appears they did a bit of minor ransacking, milled about a bit and then filed out.

If the plan was to delay the endorsements because by law it had to be the 6th, it was always going to be resumed when safe.

Did he really think GOP Senators and Congressmen would support that course of action, and that was the plan, together they would declare victory and a new term?

So yeah, I think it was an incompetent and incomplete planned coup - essentially the plan was ‘Storm the Capitol and we’ll wing it from there’

No coup attempt.

Trump wanted to show the power he had to rile supporters/people up to show'um. And he did that.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:52 AM   #1443
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

There is dumb.

And there is "wearing your work badge with easily identifiable company logo while you are illegally storming the United States Capitol" dumb.

Old 01-07-2021, 12:05 PM   #1444
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
No coup attempt.

Trump wanted to show the power he had to rile supporters/people up to show'um. And he did that.

This had been organized on Parler and other places for weeks. Someone on another board I read mentioned "taking back the country" and encouraged people to jump onto "alternative social media" if they wanted to join or support the cause. This stuff is monitored by various federal agencies yet they were caught off guard by what happened yesterday?

I don't know if Trump was aiming for a coup directly (I doubt it), but the group organizing this was and people somewhere in the chain looked the other way.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:12 PM   #1445
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
This had been organized on Parler and other places for weeks. Someone on another board I read mentioned "taking back the country" and encouraged people to jump onto "alternative social media" if they wanted to join or support the cause. This stuff is monitored by various federal agencies yet they were caught off guard by what happened yesterday?

I don't know if Trump was aiming for a coup directly (I doubt it), but the group organizing this was and people somewhere in the chain looked the other way.

The quotes I was responding to were:

Quote:
It seemed the plan was to exhort his MAGADs to storm the Capitol,
Quote:
US allies say Trump attempted coup with help from federal law enforcement

So (like you) don't believe Trump was going for a coup.

Re: coup attempt by the other (e.g. not Trump himself). They may call it as such, but doubtful IMO. There would be weapons, lots of shooting and a lot more deaths. So if we want to call it a weak-coup-attempt-by-intimidation-and-vandalization, okay but I don't think it comes close to a coup.
Old 01-07-2021, 12:14 PM   #1446
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yeah, there was the pic of the guy holding a crap load of ziptie style handcuffs in the chamber
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #1447
Butter
Coordinator

People wearing homemade shirts that said "MAGA Civil War"

But sure, they're just a bunch of knuckleheads that just need their hair tousled and released back into society

Last edited by Butter : 01-07-2021 at 12:15 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #1448
lungs
Pro Rookie

If we can’t call it a coup, can we call it a Putsch?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 12:16 PM   #1449
Butter
Coordinator

I don't know, I feel like we really gotta get DEEP into the meaning of "coup" before we can really figure out what to call it
Old 01-07-2021, 12:18 PM   #1450
Butter
Coordinator

Also, while we're playing the hits, who can say what their intent really was? I mean, you can't know their thoughts unless they specifically tell you what they're doing.

Last edited by Butter : 01-07-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Butter is offline   Reply With Quote