Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2021, 04:26 AM   #1601
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:20 AM   #1602
Edward64
Head Coach

Senator on MSNBC this morning (before Morning Joe) said there were conflicting reports on what the National Guard (and think she said other police, secret service etc. support units) did or did not do in mobilizing.

I don't know the chain of events, how long it took etc. and not sure if NG is even supposed to get involved in these matters in DC, but looking forward to the findings re: the points of failure in the response.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:40 AM   #1603
Edward64
Head Coach

Not accusing the Cruz led senators with treason but read that anagram for "Senator" is "Treason". Thought that was interesting and funny FWIW.
Old 01-08-2021, 05:43 AM   #1604
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Hot take...Pence resigns and Pelosi is promoted, then invokes 25th
That's not how that works.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:47 AM   #1605
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
That's not how that works.

yeah i know but would be funny.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 05:48 AM   #1606
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:25 AM   #1607
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Senator on MSNBC this morning (before Morning Joe) said there were conflicting reports on what the National Guard (and think she said other police, secret service etc. support units) did or did not do in mobilizing.

I don't know the chain of events, how long it took etc. and not sure if NG is even supposed to get involved in these matters in DC, but looking forward to the findings re: the points of failure in the response.

There have been 10 formal investigations into Benghazi (so far. I fully expect the GOP to launch another one when they get control of a house of Congress).

So that's a good starting point, IMO.

The people need faith in their government after all. And if the reports of off-duty police joining the riots, etc. are true, we really need to figure out why.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 06:30 AM   #1608
GrantDawg

Ummmmm...
Old 01-08-2021, 06:42 AM   #1609
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Is it ironic that they'd be a lot harder to identify if they had been wearing COVID masks?
Old 01-08-2021, 07:49 AM   #1610
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

Nothing towards you personally but it amazes me how complex these things become after the fact when the process is so simple.

First let me quote the DC National Guard's own website to address the activation/mobilizing piece.

"This authority to activate the D.C. National Guard has been delegated, by the President, to the Secretary of Defense and further delegated to the Secretary of the Army. The D.C. National Guard is the only National Guard unit, out of all of the 54 states and territories, which reports only to the President."

So at any point, the people in these positions of power or whoever they further delegated that the task to could have activated the DC National Guard at the first sign of trouble.

Or they have fucking activated all of them BEFORE TUESDAY! Again from the DC National Guard website.

"More than 300 Guardsmen are supporting the District of Columbia from Jan. 5 to 7, 2021, at the request of Mayor Muriel Bowser and Dr. Christopher Rodriguez, Director of the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency, on behalf of the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department and D.C. Fire and Emergency Services."

So DCNG were already there. But of course, they were wearing their traditional uniform. I assume they did this as not to be threatening or to antagonize the protestors. Hmm, novel concept. That is why there was so much significance put on about the President activating "the whole DC National Guard" to deal with the situation. Once activated, all they have to do is pull the plans for dealing with riots and protecting the Capitol off the shelf and execute the plans that they train for all year.

Finally as to whether they should or should not be involved in these matters. Again, from the DCNG website,

"The 273rd Military Police Company is a unit aligned under the 372nd Military Police Battalion, District of Columbia Army National Guard. The 273rd Military Police Company is one of the most esteemed units of the District of Columbia Army National Guard. The company supports and augments nearly all major federal events occurring in the District of Columbia. Historically, the company plays a key role in supporting Presidential Inaugurations and the Independence Day celebrations by providing traffic control points, as well as security and mobility support in coordination with local and federal law enforcement agencies. The unit has also been tasked for assistance in supporting community events and overseeing peaceful marches and rallies in the Nation’s Capital. The unit has received two Army Superior Unit Awards, streamer embroidered, in 1996-1997 and in 2008-2009."

This is what they do beyond about anything else. They have been awarded as the best at what they do. Once again, they had already activated 300 of them. The process was not foreign to anyone who cared. To not have the DCNG completely activated (not necessarily deployed) and involved in dealing with this particular rally from the very beginning especially with all the information available about the potential threats is negligence at best and willful dereliction of duty at worst IMO.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:14 AM   #1611
JPhillips
General Manager

I've been thinking about the way out for the GOP. They can't easily get rid of Trump because of his continued popularity with the base, but why not jettison Cruz and Hawley? Nobody likes Cruz and Hawley was abandoned yesterday by all of the power brokers in MO. The GOP would replace both of them, so there's no loss of seats and given the numbers currently there's no functional difference between 50 and 48.

Ditching those two would allow Collins and Murkowski and Romeny and even McConnell to go on TV and say they've purged the extremists and are now once again the party of Ronald Reagan. They could even challenge Dems to denounce and remove the extremists in their party. Then they go back to business like it's 2009 and obstruct everything they can.

I'm quite certain the media would eat that up.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:18 AM   #1612
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I've been thinking about the way out for the GOP. They can't easily get rid of Trump because of his continued popularity with the base, but why not jettison Cruz and Hawley? Nobody likes Cruz and Hawley was abandoned yesterday by all of the power brokers in MO. The GOP would replace both of them, so there's no loss of seats and given the numbers currently there's no functional difference between 50 and 48.

Ditching those two would allow Collins and Murkowski and Romeny and even McConnell to go on TV and say they've purged the extremists and are now once again the party of Ronald Reagan. They could even challenge Dems to denounce and remove the extremists in their party. Then they go back to business like it's 2009 and obstruct everything they can.

I'm quite certain the media would eat that up.

The only reason this shit party has survived this long is because they protect their own, no matter how bad. It's only when their members prove to be moderate or reasonable that they are rejected, not when they are more extreme.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:31 AM   #1613
HerRealName
College Prospect

This is a really good thread with a timeline of the insurrection. It has a lot of videos of various angles of the breach that I hadn't seen yet. It's fascinating how few officers were available.

https://twitter.com/_esaliba/status/1347451397755842560
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:46 AM   #1614
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What a complete joke.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:50 AM   #1615
GrantDawg

Another reason Trump desperately needed to stay in power.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1782723.html

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-08-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:51 AM   #1616
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
This is a really good thread with a timeline of the insurrection. It has a lot of videos of various angles of the breach that I hadn't seen yet. It's fascinating how few officers were available.

https://twitter.com/_esaliba/status/1347451397755842560

The more and more that comes out, the more and more this looks like intentional neglect and an attempted coup only the mob wanted Instagram selfies and to continue to play the aggrieved card, not the actual risk, work, and responsibility of overthrowing government. We've created such a decadent society that they had the keys to the Bastille and all they did was livestream playing dress-up at the seats of power and taking pictures with the cops that were supposed to protect it.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-08-2021 at 08:54 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:52 AM   #1617
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Nothing towards you personally but it amazes me how complex these things become after the fact when the process is so simple.

First let me quote the DC National Guard's own website to address the activation/mobilizing piece.

"This authority to activate the D.C. National Guard has been delegated, by the President, to the Secretary of Defense and further delegated to the Secretary of the Army. The D.C. National Guard is the only National Guard unit, out of all of the 54 states and territories, which reports only to the President."

So at any point, the people in these positions of power or whoever they further delegated that the task to could have activated the DC National Guard at the first sign of trouble.

Or they have fucking activated all of them BEFORE TUESDAY! Again from the DC National Guard website.

"More than 300 Guardsmen are supporting the District of Columbia from Jan. 5 to 7, 2021, at the request of Mayor Muriel Bowser and Dr. Christopher Rodriguez, Director of the D.C. Homeland Security and Emergency Management Agency, on behalf of the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department and D.C. Fire and Emergency Services."

So DCNG were already there. But of course, they were wearing their traditional uniform. I assume they did this as not to be threatening or to antagonize the protestors. Hmm, novel concept. That is why there was so much significance put on about the President activating "the whole DC National Guard" to deal with the situation. Once activated, all they have to do is pull the plans for dealing with riots and protecting the Capitol off the shelf and execute the plans that they train for all year.

Finally as to whether they should or should not be involved in these matters. Again, from the DCNG website,

"The 273rd Military Police Company is a unit aligned under the 372nd Military Police Battalion, District of Columbia Army National Guard. The 273rd Military Police Company is one of the most esteemed units of the District of Columbia Army National Guard. The company supports and augments nearly all major federal events occurring in the District of Columbia. Historically, the company plays a key role in supporting Presidential Inaugurations and the Independence Day celebrations by providing traffic control points, as well as security and mobility support in coordination with local and federal law enforcement agencies. The unit has also been tasked for assistance in supporting community events and overseeing peaceful marches and rallies in the Nation’s Capital. The unit has received two Army Superior Unit Awards, streamer embroidered, in 1996-1997 and in 2008-2009."

This is what they do beyond about anything else. They have been awarded as the best at what they do. Once again, they had already activated 300 of them. The process was not foreign to anyone who cared. To not have the DCNG completely activated (not necessarily deployed) and involved in dealing with this particular rally from the very beginning especially with all the information available about the potential threats is negligence at best and willful dereliction of duty at worst IMO.

When I said "do or not do in mobilizing", I mean after the Capitol was stormed. There is no doubt there was failure in planning & prep to safe guard the Capitol.

After it went to hell ...

Who called and spoke to whom at the National Guard. What did the NG guy say. How long did they take to respond and why did it take so long?

Rinse and repeat for Secret Service, rinse and repeat for more local cops/SWAT etc. That's what I would like to know.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:52 AM   #1618
GrantDawg

Old 01-08-2021, 08:55 AM   #1619
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

My favorite Cruz bit is that G.W. Bush personally disliked him so much that he pulled strings to get him named Solicitor General of Texas just to get Cruz out of Bush's White House.

You hear stories about the personal likeability and magnetism of people like Reagan and Bill Clinton and how you just wanted to be in the room with them.

Cruz seems to have the exact opposite of whatever that is. The closer people are to him, the more they seem to just be revolted by him personally.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:56 AM   #1620
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
What a complete joke.
“I disagree with it, and I have disagreed with the president's language and rhetoric for the last four years,” he said. https://t.co/M4v1fmVgj2
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) January 8, 2021

Rafael taking a lot of heat on Twitter today for his obvious two-facedness

SI

Old 01-08-2021, 08:59 AM   #1621
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
My favorite Cruz bit is that G.W. Bush personally disliked him so much that he pulled strings to get him named Solicitor General of Texas just to get Cruz out of Bush's White House.

You hear stories about the personal likeability and magnetism of people like Reagan and Bill Clinton and how you just wanted to be in the room with them.

Cruz seems to have the exact opposite of whatever that is. The closer people are to him, the more they seem to just be revolted by him personally.

He seems like this mix of a power hungry sort who has no scruples and you have to watch your back and that dork in the front of the class who thinks he's smarter than he is so he always corrects the teacher but not before asking her why she forgot to do the quiz at the start of class.

SI

Old 01-08-2021, 09:04 AM   #1622
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Lmao pic.twitter.com/fYFtOTQg0e
— worldstar occupied government (@thelateempire) January 8, 2021

So, it's darkly humorous in a "you get what you deserve sort of way", I guess. But I just feel more pity than anything.

And concern: this is how people get radicalized. Trump is just a morally bankrupt carnival barker who used these people for crass political gain. But, down the road, there may be a genuine true believer who can rally these people as zealots. Would anyone be really shocked to find out that a disproportionate number of future mass shooting or suicide bomb incidents come from people who were a part of this?

Or, if we're in the darkest timeline, this was the Beer Hall Putsch for these people and 20 years down the road when the new Nazis take over - we're going to find out that a lot of the major players were at the Capitol on Wednesday connecting up or solidifying a connection they had made online.

SI

Old 01-08-2021, 09:06 AM   #1623
Swaggs
Coordinator

In good senate news, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman is looking like he will run for the open senate seat in 2022 (currently held by Pat Toomey-R, who is retiring): Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman eyes 2022 Senate run | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #1624
Ksyrup

The bigger concern are the clips I see in churches where there is blatant political discussion. It's been years since I regularly attended church, but I don't recall anything like that and I'd walk out if it happened. The intersection of religion and politics is where the real danger lies. Not that history hasn't already shown us that multiple times over.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #1625
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
He seems like this mix of a power hungry sort who has no scruples and you have to watch your back and that dork in the front of the class who thinks he's smarter than he is so he always corrects the teacher but not before asking her why she forgot to do the quiz at the start of class.

SI

He's a shit weasel and has been that way since the beginning.

Christ, I should run for congress as a Republican, complain about Democrats, throw shade on minorities, get into office off the racists goobers, obstruct, and then complain that Democrats keep you from doing anything except giving the elite deep tax cuts.

Rinse, repeat, re-elect...you don't have to do anything but complain on those trying to establish policy because conservatives literally want nothing to change the power structure.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 01-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #1626
GrantDawg

You gotta love it:
Old 01-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #1627
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
In good senate news, Lt. Gov. John Fetterman is looking like he will run for the open senate seat in 2022 (currently held by Pat Toomey-R, who is retiring): Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman eyes 2022 Senate run | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Good, he's got my vote.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #1628
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
The more and more that comes out, the more and more this looks like intentional neglect and an attempted coup only the mob wanted Instagram selfies and to continue to play the aggrieved card, not the actual risk, work, and responsibility of overthrowing government. We've created such a decadent society that they had the keys to the Bastille and all they did was livestream playing dress-up at the seats of power and taking pictures with the cops that were supposed to protect it.

SI

I think a small number of them had a clear plan to destroy the ballots and take people hostage. They just couldn't get there in time.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:14 AM   #1629
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

He'll be the first politician I've contributed money to in a very long time.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:15 AM   #1630
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
So, it's darkly humorous in a "you get what you deserve sort of way", I guess. But I just feel more pity than anything.

And concern: this is how people get radicalized. Trump is just a morally bankrupt carnival barker who used these people for crass political gain. But, down the road, there may be a genuine true believer who can rally these people as zealots. Would anyone be really shocked to find out that a disproportionate number of future mass shooting or suicide bomb incidents come from people who were a part of this?

Or, if we're in the darkest timeline, this was the Beer Hall Putsch for these people and 20 years down the road when the new Nazis take over - we're going to find out that a lot of the major players were at the Capitol on Wednesday connecting up or solidifying a connection they had made online.

SI

Maybe, but here is the good news...these cockroaches have to deal with social media...so they all get outed and they're losing their jobs. Their dear leader just turned on them, and some of them are going to be rounded up on murder charges...and if that Russian is a spy, then perhaps espionage aid as well....I'd throw the book at them and then see how they handle a taste of prison with the ones they call "animals".

There are always extremists...the next administration needs to hunt and destroy the militia groups, need to defund them, and when we see who they fund (media or political) shine the light hard.

I remember Waco, Oklahoma City, and 9/11. The perpetrators aren't different...
Old 01-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #1631
GrantDawg

Quote:

SI

Yes, it a humorous look at something that is actually sad/dangerous. Further, I imagine we are entering the good news/bad news faze of combating these extremest.

Good news: The new administration is going to take these threats seriously. The FBI and Justice department is going to be taken off the leash and start bringing many groups down. That should drive them deeper underground and make recruiting harder.

Bad News: Government crack-down just feeds the radicalization. It will be used as proof that the government is over-bearing, and push them to more extreme acts.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #1632
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Maybe, but here is the good news...these cockroaches have to deal with social media...so they all get outed and they're losing their jobs. Their dear leader just turned on them, and some of them are going to be rounded up on murder charges...and if that Russian is a spy, then perhaps espionage aid as well....I'd throw the book at them and then see how they handle a taste of prison with the ones they call "animals".

There are always extremists...the next administration needs to hunt and destroy the militia groups, need to defund them, and when we see who they fund (media or political) shine the light hard.

I remember Waco, Oklahoma City, and 9/11. The perpetrators aren't different...

I remember all the stories in the 90s after OKC where stuff like 60 Minutes was investigating militias so it's not new at all. And if 60 Minutes was reporting on it, it was probably already stale news that was out there and law enforcement had been working on for years.

SI

Old 01-08-2021, 09:27 AM   #1633
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

There will be secession / Civil War if one of these "smart" Nazis makes his way into power just by demonizing the right people.

I don't even understand what there is to demonize. I guess any and all groups that are non-white, non-straight, non-cis, non-male, non-GOP, non-Christian. But most people fall into one of these buckets. It makes no sense.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:31 AM   #1634
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Police Officer dies in riot

So it's true after all

It will be interesting to see if this officer's tragic murder will result in more significant felony charges for some or all of those who illegal raided the Capitol. If the officer died inside the building during the insurrection, I think an argument could be made that everyone who illegal entered could be charged with a felony due to the loss of life.

It's similar to the notion that if you participate in a robbery, and someone is killed during the robbery, even if you didn't kill the person and had nothing to do with the death, you can still be charged with a more serious offense for simply participating in the underlying crime.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #1635
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

TRUMP IS BACK ON TWITTER!!!!
Old 01-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #1636
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
It will be interesting to see if this officer's tragic murder will result in more significant felony charges for some or all of those who illegal raided the Capitol. If the officer died inside the building during the insurrection, I think an argument could be made that everyone who illegal entered could be charged with a felony due to the loss of life.

It's similar to the notion that if you participate in a robbery, and someone is killed during the robbery, even if you didn't kill the person and had nothing to do with the death, you can still be charged with a more serious offense for simply participating in the underlying crime.
Though I think that could be legally argued (they all could be charged with Murder in the commision of a felony), it isn't likely. It probably just be just a handful of the "leaders."
Old 01-08-2021, 09:43 AM   #1637
GrantDawg

Major Southern Baptist voice:
Old 01-08-2021, 09:47 AM   #1638
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Least shocking news ever...

Old 01-08-2021, 09:53 AM   #1639
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
TRUMP IS BACK ON TWITTER!!!!

I am a public defender.

The feeling the GOP Leadership has upon learning that Trump is tweeting again is the same feeling I have when a client tells me "I just wrote a letter to the judge . . . "

Nothing good will come of this for America, the GOP, or Trump.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #1640
Ben E Lou

Quote:

I'd think it depends on the laws and jurisdiction (is the Capitol federal or D.C.?) I know that in Georgia, if you commit any felony and someone dies--not even directly from your hand--you can be charged with felony murder. (That's how they're charging all three guys in the Arbery killing, for example.) But I'd think it'd have to be a law already on the books.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:57 AM   #1641
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://apnews.com/article/andy-kim-...ef7e1a17509371

This is my homeowner's Congressperson. This story made me quite emotional to be honest.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2021, 09:58 AM   #1642
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Someone with Trump's ear needs to convince him that quitting is the power play.

"The Corrupt Democrat Party (and China) wants to impeach your favorite President to play political games. SICK. I won't let them. Today we begin to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Sorry to ruin your party, Nancy! See you in 2024!!!"

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 01-08-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #1643
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I am a public defender.

The feeling the GOP Leadership has upon learning that Trump is tweeting again is the same feeling I have when a client tells me "I just wrote a letter to the judge . . . "

So let me guess...Trump tried to pull a coup, his followers were too stupid to effectively do what I'm sure was "unwritten", he left the Capitol to burn out of spite. Pence actually did his job, and even with some dumb fuck Republicans, Congress recognized the EC.

Jump to Trump's attorney's telling him he had to say something to stand the violence for the purposes of legal reasons (not because he's a human being).

His expectation was that Republicans in Congress would do the same as his idiot followers, they didn't...

SO, after playing "nice" dumb fuck Jack Dorsey withdraws the restriction , he's back on twitter...

The purpose is clear, after trying to burn the nation down, he wants to burn the Republican party down...it's clear that he's forcing them to join him in the phase of the party or he's taking the party with him.

They'll fall in line like the weak pieces of shit they are...
Old 01-08-2021, 10:01 AM   #1644
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Or, Trump will take the true believers and splinter the GOP.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:06 AM   #1645
Ben E Lou

Quote:

My Young Life leader, the man who led me to Jesus, the man who would later become my pastor, the man who years later was the hospital chaplain when my mother died, the man who was the first person to contact me and ask what he could do when my niece committed suicide and I was in a car en route to Columbus, a man whom I've been in continual close contact for 33 years, is a man I've only heard curse once, in the spring of 2016: "Ted Cruz is a 100% thoroughbred asshole!"

That dear man can always be counted upon to speak truth into my life.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:12 AM   #1646
JediKooter
Coordinator

Awww poor little trumpy won't attend the inauguration. No surprise at all from the coward in chief.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:18 AM   #1647
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Least shocking news ever...

Nobody cares if the President who led an insurrection on the Capitol is not attending an inauguration.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:21 AM   #1648
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

Every single person that was inside the Capitol can be charged with a felony already, as it is a felony in and of itself to forcefully enter the Capitol Building specifically.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:22 AM   #1649
Ksyrup

Quote:
I am a public defender.

Absolutely true. Although I kinda hope he says one or two more things that pushes GOP approval of impeachment to the tipping point.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:24 AM   #1650
GrantDawg

Quote:
Someone with Trump's ear needs to convince him that quitting is the power play.

"The Corrupt Democrat Party (and China) wants to impeach your favorite President to play political games. SICK. I won't let them. Today we begin to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Sorry to ruin your party, Nancy! See you in 2024!!!"
This will only happen (and it would definitely happen) if there was any chance the Senate would convict. There isn't so he won't. There still maybe a chance that he will resign for a Pence pardon, but I don't think that is a shoe-in to happen. I think he sends out a roll of pardons that includes himself on January 20 at 11:59 am, and he will use any attempt at over turning his self-pardon as proof of political persecution.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 01-08-2021 at 10:25 AM.