Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2022, 05:46 PM   #4501
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Stated with all due respect.

A sig adjustment was in order anyway

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:48 AM   #4502
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

This story would let you fill out a "GOP in 2022" Bingo card all on its own.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 11:52 AM   #4503
JPhillips
General Manager

This guy and his team know how to make ads.

Old 02-09-2022, 12:26 PM   #4504
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I guess he didn't have any drug baggies to swallow so he went with the next best incriminating thing. I don't recall hearing about this but it's not that surprising.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-09-2022 at 12:29 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:00 PM   #4505
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

On the one hand, I am sure that Trump is happy to see Biden struggling in a visceral Fuck That Guy way.

But I am wondering if Trump should have been rooting for Biden a bit.

The current GOP seems to think (rightly, IMO) that they can coast to victory in 2022 with a basic out-party message of inflation/CRT. Things can change between now and then, but barring some pretty significant shakeups, that seems very likely.

So Trump/Jan 6/Re-litigating 2020 are a wild card that they don't need. Which is why I think you are seeing some of the establishment folks very carefully starting to pull away from him.

If Biden were super popular, then I could see the GOP thinking that they need Trump to shake things up and/or motivate their base. But if you don't need Trump to win, then you have to consider whether he's worth the downside.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:39 PM   #4506
RainMaker
General Manager

The one good thing about the Trump Presidency is that it shined a light on how some people are just above the law. Trump was right that he could shoot a person on the street and get away with it.

Another criminal referral that will be ignored. Although maybe a DA will tweet some stuff for some likes.

Last edited by RainMaker : 02-09-2022 at 02:39 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 02:52 PM   #4507
RainMaker
General Manager

Another QAnon murder.

Old 02-09-2022, 02:57 PM   #4508
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This free crack pipes thing is gonna explode.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #4509
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Another QAnon murder.

They aren't going to make the effort to track down the Qanon'ers that were sending these messages to this guy, are they?

Edit: Assuming those message weren't a product of his own mental illness.

Last edited by HerRealName : 02-09-2022 at 03:07 PM.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 03:55 PM   #4510
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
They aren't going to make the effort to track down the Qanon'ers that were sending these messages to this guy, are they?

Edit: Assuming those message weren't a product of his own mental illness.

Going to go out on a limb and say based on the demographics of most QAnon folks, the answer is no.
Old 02-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #4511
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
The one good thing about the Trump Presidency is that it shined a light on how some people are just above the law. Trump was right that he could shoot a person on the street and get away with it.

Another criminal referral that will be ignored. Although maybe a DA will tweet some stuff for some likes.

From what I've read we really don't have anything to enforce the records keeping requirement or penalties for ignoring, Presidents and administrations have just followed it.

What Trump has absolutely shined light on is that a lot of things we expect Presidents to do that don't have penalties need to be looked at and tightened up.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:01 PM   #4512
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
From what I've read we really don't have anything to enforce the records keeping requirement or penalties for ignoring, Presidents and administrations have just followed it.

What Trump has absolutely shined light on is that a lot of things we expect Presidents to do that don't have penalties need to be looked at and tightened up.

Laws with no enforcement or penalties are just suggestions. And they aren't going to look at or tighten anything up. It's working as it was always intended to.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #4513
Ksyrup

MTG is apparently deathly afraid of Pelosi's gazpacho. In fairness, it probably sucks, but it can't be as bad as ... oh I don't know ... a secret police force.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 02-09-2022, 04:10 PM   #4514
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
MTG is apparently deathly afraid of Pelosi's gazpacho. In fairness, it probably sucks, but it can't be as bad as ... oh I don't know ... a secret police force.

If she'd just comply.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:11 PM   #4515
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Laws with no enforcement or penalties are just suggestions. And they aren't going to look at or tighten anything up. It's working as it was always intended to.

Just like speeding or selling illegal (individual) cigarettes.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 02-09-2022 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-09-2022, 04:24 PM   #4516
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Was just coming to post this

Old 02-09-2022, 06:42 PM   #4517
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
This story would let you fill out a "GOP in 2022" Bingo card all on its own.
A Kansas Republican Representative who said he doesn’t trust the COVID-19 vaccine a few months ago has been missing all session. He’s now been brought into the Statehouse sick & on oxygen so that he can help override the Congressional Redistricting veto.#ksleg Rui Xu on Twitter: "They 100% brought in a member on oxygen just to vote for a veto override on an obviously gerrymandered map, yes #ksleg… https://t.co/8FkaHTtBVE"
— Davis Hammet (@Davis_Hammet) February 9, 2022

This story gets even better:
Sick Kansas Republican, Absent for Entire Legislative Session, Shows Up to Enact Gerrymandered Map – Mother Jones

Quote:
Before being sent to the Kansas House, the bill faced similar difficulties in the state Senate, with Republicans initially failing to marshal enough votes to override Gov. Kelly’s veto. The bill finally reached the required threshold after Senate Republicans cut a deal with Sen. Mark Steffen, an anesthesiologist under investigation by the state’s medical board for allegedly spreading Covid misinformation. Steffen reportedly reversed his initial “no” vote in exchange for the advancement of measures weakening vaccine requirements in schools and a bill shielding doctors who prescribe unproven Covid treatments like ivermectin from investigation.

It's like an evil yet incompetent super Yahtzee, double Jeopardy, touchdown, super Bingo

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 02-09-2022 at 06:43 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 06:52 AM   #4518
Ksyrup

If nothing is going to come of all these stories of Trump hiding/stealing/eating/destroying records, I'd almost rather it not have been made public. The worst case go-forward scenario is knowing it happened and knowing there are no consequences.
Old 02-10-2022, 06:59 AM   #4519
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
If nothing is going to come of all these stories of Trump hiding/stealing/eating/destroying records, I'd almost rather it not have been made public. The worst case go-forward scenario is knowing it happened and knowing there are no consequences.

You mean like with everything else he does?
Old 02-10-2022, 07:02 AM   #4520
Ksyrup

Yes, just add it to the list.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:44 AM   #4521
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

I'm bothered by the now common practice of reporters and media organizations to hold stories for years so that a book will have scoops. Then they market the book based on the scoop and how everything was worse than anybody knew.
Old 02-10-2022, 07:51 AM   #4522
PilotMan
Head Coach

The odd thing to me is that the excuse that I hear, the reasoning that none of it matters is that 1) people who irrationally hate trump are just really sick and they'll look for any reason to tear him down and make others hate him to, and 2) "I think that every politician is crooked and this is no different than any of them, except that you don't like trump".

Now in both instances, the response avoids the direct assertion being made of that person to address and respond to the behavior. Answer one, it's just a simple deflection that 'you're the real problem, because of your hate' which is an attack meant to shift the conversation to the questioners 'problems', and the 2nd is meant to put the burden of the argument back onto the questioner to 'prove' that what trump did isn't different and that it matters. I find both of these positions very difficult to deal with, as the end result is the same, frustration, and the other person feeling vindicated that they are in the right, because you couldn't change their mind. The reality is that the question was meant to provoke thought, analysis and dialogue, but in the end, it didn't matter.

When we grew up and learned about the Civil War, you'd always hear the phrase, 'brother fought against brother' and I'd wonder, how? How can two people from the same family have such a strong disagreement or complete difference of opinion that they were willing to go to war with one another? I'd think, boy that's so weird, because we all know how the war ended, and the 'good side' won, so we all now believed that clearly one side was wrong. But....we're back in the same place now. We're back on being unable to agree on facts, because discourse is dead, because one side is unable to understand what a fact is, and decides that making up their own facts is the new 'truth'.

Like Steam?

Old 02-10-2022, 08:16 AM   #4523
cuervo72
Head Coach

Unfortunately we didn't (don't) all believe the good side won.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:47 PM   #4524
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Just like speeding or selling illegal (individual) cigarettes.

There are like 50 million speeding tickets written a year and selling cigs is enforced more than most financial crimes. Heck, I think the NYPD killed someone years back over it.
Old 02-10-2022, 01:07 PM   #4525
Ksyrup

It's all starting to make sense...

Old 02-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #4526
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
There are like 50 million speeding tickets written a year and selling cigs is enforced more than most financial crimes. Heck, I think the NYPD killed someone years back over it.

It was meant with subtly and sarcasm. Meaning, the amount of speeding versus speeding tickets is so inconsequential it's like it's not enforced. And the reference to to cigarettes was indeed a reference to Eric Garner, and the level of enforcement to something that seems rather inconsequential and what the result of that specific action was.

Like Steam?

Old 02-11-2022, 08:59 AM   #4527
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I'm trying to understand if he's mad at toilets because he was flushing top secret documents down them and needed extra flushes, or if it took extra flushes to get rid of his shits because he was eating the top secret documents.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #4529
RainMaker
General Manager

Not great timing for the DOJ on this one.

Old 02-12-2022, 03:09 AM   #4531
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 03:11 AM   #4532
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
The odd thing to me is that the excuse that I hear, the reasoning that none of it matters is that 1) people who irrationally hate trump are just really sick and they'll look for any reason to tear him down and make others hate him to, and 2) "I think that every politician is crooked and this is no different than any of them, except that you don't like trump".

It's because those are FOX talking points. None of these people say anything they don't hear from there.
Old 02-12-2022, 08:50 AM   #4533
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

I call BS on this only because I can't believe there are any MyPillow customers in 2022 who are not die-hard Trumpers and would go public with something that makes him look bad.
Old 02-12-2022, 09:33 AM   #4534
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

No shame....

Old 02-12-2022, 10:11 AM   #4535
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is a sitcom at this point

Analyzing the Very Bizarre Sale of Melania Trump’s $170,000 NFT
Old 02-12-2022, 12:22 PM   #4536
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I call BS on this only because I can't believe there are any MyPillow customers in 2022 who are not die-hard Trumpers and would go public with something that makes him look bad.

It's the Borowitz Report. He writes satire.

Like Steam?

Old 02-12-2022, 12:47 PM   #4537
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It's even labeled as "Satire from the Borowitz Report"
Old 02-12-2022, 01:00 PM   #4538
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

uh...syrup was making a joke too

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 02-12-2022 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-12-2022, 06:10 PM   #4539
Ksyrup

Yes, it was a joke.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-12-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-14-2022, 08:35 PM   #4540
Thomkal
Head Coach

Even Trump's accounting firm is giving up on him:

Access Denied

Edit: In case you haven't read the article, I think this is a pretty big development with Trump. Yeah I know seems like everyday there's something big that's surely going to sink Trump, but this one feels to me to have a high level of "bigness"

Mazars, Trump's accounting firm is no longer handling his accounting practices. Basically they fired him. DA James filed this in court to show that this is not a political witchhunt like the Trump lawsuit against her says. Mazars has handed over 500,000 documents to the DA and Mazars now says that any of the financial disclosures they filed for Trump Org over an 10 year period can no longer be considered accurate. And it may cause his other lenders to call in loans against him too. Financial stuff generally flies right over my head, and I know this is a civil case not criminal, but feels like it could lead to something criminal too.

Last edited by Thomkal : 02-15-2022 at 06:57 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 09:25 AM   #4541
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I'm no finance expert either (and it's been a while since I've been to a Holiday Inn) but it reads to me that Mazar is next in line to take a fall for Trump.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:40 AM   #4542
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I'm no finance expert either (and it's been a while since I've been to a Holiday Inn) but it reads to me that Mazar is next in line to take a fall for Trump.

I got the opposite read--that they were trying to jump off the sinking ship.
Old 02-15-2022, 09:46 AM   #4543
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I got the opposite read--that they were trying to jump off the sinking ship.

You may be right (and probably are) but what's stopping the Trump Org from saying that Mazars did shoddy work and that they were basing their decisions based off of the faulty work that Mazars did?
Old 02-15-2022, 10:46 AM   #4544
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So I am flying to Cleveland next week to see Dropkick Murphys and decided to check out some stuff from the opening act. I had no idea Lauren Boebert moonlights as a punk rock singer

Old 02-16-2022, 03:59 PM   #4545
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Jurors in Sarah Palin's defamation lawsuit against The New York Times say they got notifications on their phones that the case had been dismissed before reaching a verdict

I'm surprised jurors are even allowed to have phones while deliberating. Does this give Sarah Palin a strong case to have the verdict thrown out on appeals?
Old 02-16-2022, 11:05 PM   #4546
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess he didn't have any drug baggies to swallow so he went with the next best incriminating thing. I don't recall hearing about this but it's not that surprising.

she is unfortunately a lying sack of shit herself
Old 02-17-2022, 06:38 AM   #4547
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
she is unfortunately a lying sack of shit herself

Yeah, it makes a good story, but she has a less than stellar record of keeping the truth. I think I have mentioned it here before, but my wife is related to her and nobody she talks to in the family that knows her, likes her because she is so arrogant and conniving.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:12 PM   #4548
Ksyrup

Wow, Michele Tafoya wasted zero time, did she?
Old 02-17-2022, 01:20 PM   #4549
RainMaker
General Manager

It's a high paying and easy grift.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:52 PM   #4550
Thomkal
Head Coach

NY AG Tish James wins in court-Trump and children must testify under subpoena in her lawsuit against Trump Org