Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
WVUFAN
College Starter

Zack Snider to direct the new Superman

Not thrilled by this, since I didn't like his take on Watchmen.

hxxp://www.newsarama.com/film/zack-synder-directing-superman-101004.html

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #2
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Am I the only one who hates Superman? I know he is probably the most iconic of superheroes. But he is basically invincible and his origin story is weak sauce. A red and blue asshole in tights doesn't play for me in 2010. Maybe this guy can make him interesting.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #3
Subby
lolzcat

Love Zach Snyder...maybe he'll make Superman more interesting.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com

Last edited by Subby : 10-05-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:45 PM   #4
DanGarion
Coordinator

I wonder who will be Superman...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 06:54 PM   #5
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I liked Watchmen from the fact that it's as close to the source material as you'll likely get. I disliked it because I thought it was boring as hell outside of certain parts, but I read the source material and too be honest I felt the same way about that as well. The general complaint about him is his movies are pretty, but feel kind of empty. Hopefully with Nolan being there he can keep it on track. Zod is suppose to be the villain so action shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Seriously? ANOTHER reboot? Didn't they just make a Superman movie like five years ago? Is Hollywood really this desperate for ideas?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #7
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Maybe he'll make Superman more interesting.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Seriously? ANOTHER reboot? Didn't they just make a Superman movie like five years ago? Is Hollywood really this desperate for ideas?

Yes but they also just made three Spider-man movies, that's not stopping them from rebooting that franchise.

In other words: yes.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Am I the only one who hates Superman? I know he is probably the most iconic of superheroes. But he is basically invincible and his origin story is weak sauce. A red and blue asshole in tights doesn't play for me in 2010. Maybe this guy can make him interesting.

I think a lot of people feel that way about him. ANd while you can in fact do interesting stories with him on paper, I don't think he's easy to translate to the movie screen. And much less so nowadays I think. If I were them I'd be spending my time working on new heroes to bring to the screen who might fit into the modern genre better. Smallville I think showed the only way to make Superman work in a modern story - and they also showed the limitations of that - they realize that putting him ina red and blue suit just looks silly in an otherwise realistic story. Batman was able to avoid that with a more "realistic" look. It would take an even greater bit of magic to pull it off with Supes.

I will see hearing that Zod is the bad guy sounds good - doing Luthor again would be the nail in the coffin. That said, there's very little chance i run out to the theater to see another version of Superman.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #10
BishopMVP
Coordinator

The more important news to me is that Christopher Nolan is producing it, and the two main writers from Batman Begins/The Dark Knight are writing it. I agree that Superman is one of the weakest of all the superheroes, but if anyone can make him interesting, it's probably them.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
Sgran
High School Varsity

They should see if they can get Jon Cryer to reprise his role.

The problem with Superman is that he hogs too many powers in the age of one-trick pony mutants, which upsets game balance. Maybe we could lower his strength a bit and give him a few more feats.