Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2016, 08:44 PM   #1
Balldog
Pro Rookie

YouTube Videos

Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice here. My 9-year old son would like to make some YouTube videos playing Minecraft and other games.

We bought him a nice HD web cam for his laptop and screen recording software. He would like to do something similar to what TDM does showing the game action with a little screen in the corner with his face on the web cam.

He has been making practice videos over the last few months and now thinks he is ready to start publishing. However I am really behind the times with video editing to help him merge the screen and his face into one video.

Any ideas what software can help us with this? I heard you could do it with Microsoft's Movie Maker but we have not had any luck.

Thanks for any help guys. He is really bummed that we have been stuck for about a week on this part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:36 PM   #2
Radii
Head Coach

I don't know a lot about editing, but if your goals are as simple as having the game and his cam in the video, one option is to use Open Broadcaster Software (OBS), which is the same software that twitch streamers use to broadcast live. But within OBS instead of streaming, you can also record, and it will record to your desktop the same content that would go out on stream were you streaming. So you can set up your "sources" for Minecraft and for Webcam, align them like you want, and just record.

Now, if you want to do any editing of those recordings, you're now out of my league and talking about different software that I don't know crap about. But to just record w/ everything you want... its an option at least.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 04:57 AM   #3
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Ok cool. We will check that out tonight. Thank you!

Old 06-24-2016, 05:45 AM   #4
wustin
College Prospect

Adobe premier or Sony Vegas

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
Balldog
Pro Rookie

After watching a tutorial we were able to get exactly what we wanted with OBS. Worked great! Thanks Radii

Wustin - also downloaded Sony Vegas, pretty good for editing it seems!

Old 06-25-2016, 12:19 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Awesome, great to hear I use it for streaming regularly (though I don't stream w/ a cam), so feel free to ask if you do run into any issues with it.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote