Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #251
JeeberD
General Manager

So the wife guilted me into sharing a Coke with her this afternoon, so much for two years. I'm planning finally trying a Berries and Cream Dr Pepper and maybe having the occasional soda, but it'll probably still be good old H2O most of the time for me...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:38 PM   #252
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

And that Coke this afternoon was damn tasty...

Old 10-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #253
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I made it! One year, no soda.

Not sure what I'll do now. Was at my daughter's birthday party today and was planning to have a Cherry Coke but didn't. I've been telling myself that I'll have a soda once a week or so now, but I'm almost afraid to. I remember the sugar/caffeine rushes I used to get and how they would leave me lethargic a couple of hours later, and I'm not sure I have a desire to mess with all that again.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 09:18 AM   #254
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Great job Godzilla Blitz!

For the past 3 months or so I don't drink soda at all at home, which means I'm having maybe 4-5 glasses of soda per week (whenever I go out to eat). That's reasonable enough fo rme, so if I can maintain that level I'll be happy.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:39 PM   #255
JeeberD
General Manager

Congrats, GB!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:57 PM   #256
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Thanks, guys. Still going for the moment.

Anyone else make it?
Old 10-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #257
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Since I started my diet a month ago (today), I've had nothing but water and skim milk. I intend to keep it up for a few months, but eventually will add back in some diet pop. I figure in 2-3 months' time without anything but water and milk, diet will taste like syrup.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:19 AM   #258
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

All done.

I got only 2 hours of sleep last night and had a full, hard day of work.

I had two Pepsis during the afternoon and a Cherry Coke at dinner.

They tasted great.

Made it a bit over 14 months.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:21 AM   #259
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
All done.

I got only 2 hours of sleep last night and had a full, hard day of work.

I had two Pepsis during the afternoon and a Cherry Coke at dinner.

They tasted great.

Made it a bit over 14 months.

Congratulations!!

I am very happy with what I've 'settled' into. I only drink soda when I am not at home now (or more specifically, when I go out to eat). So I feel like I don't really have more than a few sodas per week. It seems like a very fair compromise to me. And I enjoy it when I go out to eat even better because I really look forward to being able to have soda!

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 12-15-2006 at 07:22 AM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:50 AM   #260
wade moore
lolzcat

I thought I'd resurrect this thread as I'm somewhat giving up soda...

I was drinking several cans of soda a day at work and then at home I'd drink a ton of sweet tea...

So, I'm cutting myself to one glass of sweet tea at dinner and no tea or soda for the rest of the day... And at restaurants, water only..

We'll see how it goes... 2 days so far... it's been tough ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #261
JeeberD
General Manager

I still don't drink very much soda at all, though I did discover Coke Zero a while back and have one of those every once in a while...

Old 06-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #262
Kodos
Resident Alien

I have decided to try giving soda up again today. Wish me luck. I have a horrible, horrible history in these kinds of things. I basically have the willpower of a gnat.

Last edited by Kodos : 06-04-2007 at 10:44 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 AM   #263
hoopsguy
General Manager

I was down to drinking about 2-3 cans per week, before a grueling month of work and the arrival of our daughter. I'm back to 1-2 cans a day now (I don't drink coffee) and don't see scaling back again for a few weeks. It has been frustrating feeling the caffeine headaches make their reappearance.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #264
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No soda for a month. \o/
Old 11-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #265
Poli
FOFC Survivor

3 months (and a week) now!

No caffeine from drinks at all, actually. I've been trying to avoid high fructose corn syrup as well. I might nab some caffeine from a cookie or a piece of chocolate, but those times are few and far between.

Woot!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:41 PM   #266
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice job, Poli!

I'm down to about 1/2 a can per day, at a point in the day where I feel the caffeine headache kicking in. I'm hoping to have it out of the diet by Thanksgiving.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #267
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I haven't had a problem with caffeine withdrawal at all. I mean, none. It surprises me since I started drinking sodas like it was going out of style since 1997.

I just try and make sure there's ample Crystal Light in the fridge and mix in the pantry. I try to have a glass of water for every glass of CL as well. I don't worry about making the 'fashionable' choice of soda at a restaurant, I go with lemonade or water (though I've been ordering much more water lately).

I failed before because I didn't keep other options readily available. Being in my own home rather than in a barracks makes it much easier for me. There's still soda here (my wife's), but I'm not even close to tempted to have any with Crystal Light being in the fridge.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:50 PM   #268
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Man, I should visit the dynasty forum more often. I had no idea this was here!

I have not had a soda since July 15, 2008.

I have had a sweet tea probably.. once every two weeks on average.

On a handful of occasions I have had a bourbon and ginger at the bar.

But, under my rules, I have not had a soda in 4 months.

This from a guy that was drinking ~90oz per workday before then (and nothing on the weekends).

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #269
Radii
Head Coach

man I hate posting in these threads like twice a year and then disappearing after two weeks. Sometimes posting about intent but not even ever doing anything. But, its an accurate reflection of my attempts over the years to improve myself, so whatever!

10 days w/ no soda. Its been a weird 10 days. Started dieting again too, low carb(surprise surprise, living on sodas and junk food for most of your teens and 20s will get you diagnosed as a diabetic early in your 30s). But my doctor feels that its likely that if I change my diet and lose some of the weight I need to lose that its very likely that my blood sugar/blood pressure, which are currently high enough to medicate but only mildly, that I can still turn all that around and be perfectly fine.

That sad thing is that diagnosis came 10 months ago and I've only made a couple half hearted attempts to right the ship since then. I can't really explain why at all. July 1st though, I woke up, made a grocery list, decided I was tired of feeling like shit, and am fixing this, once and for all.

So anyway, 10 days with no soda, there is no soda in the house, I've asked my family not to buy any soda for themselves, and if they do, to keep it out of the fridge so that I won't even see it. Crystal Light(specifically the fruit punch, yumm) is adding some nice variety to just drinking water.

Swear to god, its gonna stick this time.

Last edited by Radii : 07-12-2009 at 07:15 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:36 AM   #270
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I have decided to try giving soda up again today. Wish me luck. I have a horrible, horrible history in these kinds of things. I basically have the willpower of a gnat.

Welp, assuming I get through today, I will hit one month without a caffeinated soda. I am a Cherry Coke addict, but for the past month (since May 17th), I have only allowed myself to drink Sprite, and that has only been occasionally. In the past, I have tried to go to a "once in a while" model after not having caffeine for a while, but that has inevitably led to me slipping back into old habits, so I am going with the more hardcore no caffeinated sodas at all rule. I plan to disallow Sprite soon as well, but I figured it would be a crutch to get me off of my true addiction, the evil Cherry Coke.

Anyhow, this is longer than I have ever made it on one of these "no caffeine" runs, so I thought I would pat myself on the back just a little. Yay, me.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:58 PM   #271
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I usually refer to soda as my "evil nemesis".

Congratulations!