Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #801
Blade6119
Coordinator

And dubby sees what im talking about! Thanks for repaying the trust i put in you yesterday buddy! Your right on with what im thinking
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #802
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
I'll happily offer myself to be tested....after Blade and you.

So, you're cool with being tested -- two rounds from now.

Funny -- both Blade and I are willing to be tested THIS round. Again, if we were Things, would we be so willing to be tested, whereas you've just shown that hesitation we would normally pounce on in most WW games.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #803
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, Dubb...did you ever see the move "Dreamcatcher?" The hero is a guy named dubby, hence why im calling you it(its a movie about alien invasion in a frozen wilderness that the aliens take over bodies..just like the thing, but crappier)...fyi
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #804
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN

Funny -- both Blade and I are willing to be tested THIS round. Again, if we were Things, would we be so willing to be tested, whereas you've just shown that hesitation we would normally pounce on in most WW games.
Ding Ding, tell him what he has won!
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #805
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Anyway buddy, make your decision...you know how my personal life is more busy nowadays(UTR my ass, im still top 3 last time i checked)...if you think im bad, vote me. I wont mind, i know who to look at tomorrow night when we waste a scan
Top 3 now...not top 3 back then.

What I'm confused about you is that you seem inordinately preoccupied with me. I did not cast the first vote against you, nor the second. This is all because I said that you were tied for MY #2 choice for being a Thing BASED ON VOTING PATTERNS ONLY. I still think we need to check you out because of your reactions and vaporous arguments today.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #806
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

I repeat. A big reason I came out today was to avoid everyone piling on someone I scanned clean last night. Why should I offer myself to be scanned today, which wastes the vote today, just like it woulda done had I NOT shown my ass.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:18 PM   #807
hoopsguy
General Manager

This is mostly directed at Blade and Dubb. It is rare that I'm this far off the same page on a game as these guys are so I hope we can talk through this scenario in the next few posts.

Lets try and work through the Raiders/Warlord scenario here logically ...

1. Are you guys working with the assumption, as I am, that Qwikshot was a Thing and was killed on Night 1? If not, then why aren't you going after Barkeep?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #808
st.cronin
General Manager

I was convinced Blade was a bad guy BEFORE his crazy last minute vote fiasco. He's done nothing to convince me otherwise.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #809
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:

Increasingly I'm throwing you into the camp with Blade. You choose to ignore what is out there and is patently obvious, yet you make strange comments like this knowing that the answer to this has already been posted.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #810
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Top 3 now...not top 3 back then.

What I'm confused about you is that you seem inordinately preoccupied with me. I did not cast the first vote against you, nor the second. This is all because I said that you were tied for MY #2 choice for being a Thing BASED ON VOTING PATTERNS ONLY. I still think we need to check you out because of your reactions and vaporous arguments today.
You base your argument(which others like anxiety) are following off the fact you state you are a villager and include that in your numbers. I literally lead a charge onto you(a very uncleared person who makes perfect sense for a night one convert) and off a now tested clean villager and suddenly i have a horrid voting record? I stated pre-game i wouldnt be around much the first day(that friday/weekend) but would get back into the groove later...have i not? You have been so out there this whole game, its amazing...im hung up on you becuase you make sense as a thing. Your play makes sense if your a thing. Not some vote that conversions screw over, not your post count.

What more do i have then my gut to go off of?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #811
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
This is mostly directed at Blade and Dubb. It is rare that I'm this far off the same page on a game as these guys are so I hope we can talk through this scenario in the next few posts.

1. Are you guys working with the assumption, as I am, that Qwikshot was a Thing and was killed on Night 1? If not, then why aren't you going after Barkeep?

I am neither blade nor dubb but are you asking why is Barkeep not a suspect?

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #812
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Dola, Dubb...did you ever see the move "Dreamcatcher?" The hero is a guy named dubby, hence why im calling you it(its a movie about alien invasion in a frozen wilderness that the aliens take over bodies..just like the thing, but crappier)...fyi

Read the book, the movie was crap.

And it was Duddits, not Dubby...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #813
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, re: post #808:

Why would a scientist both trying to move votes from one scientist to another like that? We know that Dubb was clean yesterday based on testing. The Warlord is saying that Raiders was clean last night based on his seer abilities.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #814
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I was convinced Blade was a bad guy BEFORE his crazy last minute vote fiasco. He's done nothing to convince me otherwise.
The last minute charge off a villager you mean? Yah, thats totally the play a thing would make...
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:22 PM   #815
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

It sounded like dubby in the movie, so dubby he shall be
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #816
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD

I was going to say the same. It was Duddits (Douglas, but he couldn't pronounce that).

The book was crap, too.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #817
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
You base your argument(which others like anxiety) are following off the fact you state you are a villager and include that in your numbers. I literally lead a charge onto you(a very uncleared person who makes perfect sense for a night one convert) and off a now tested clean villager and suddenly i have a horrid voting record? I stated pre-game i wouldnt be around much the first day(that friday/weekend) but would get back into the groove later...have i not? You have been so out there this whole game, its amazing...im hung up on you becuase you make sense as a thing. Your play makes sense if your a thing. Not some vote that conversions screw over, not your post count.

What more do i have then my gut to go off of?
Well, let's get somewhere with this. Do you think you have a horrid voting record?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:24 PM   #818
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I was going to say the same. It was Duddits (Douglas, but he couldn't pronounce that).

The book was crap, too.
Actually, I thought the movie wasn't too bad until the end.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #819
JeeberD
General Manager

The end of the movie TOTALLY pissed me off. The book wasn't a classic by any means, but it was decent.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #820
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

I make the assumption as far as the things are like this:
Qwikshot(killed night one)
Saldana(killed day 2)
RA(convert night one)
CW(convert night 2)

I assume qwikshot was a thing until i see another night kill happen(possible tonight). If it doesnt happen again, it means it was a one time power, and i assume it belonged to barkeep. Do i trust him, not one bit. If qwik was good, replace him with barkeep on the list. I voted for him and pushed for him on day 2 when others went to saldana, so i obviously dont trust him.

Im working under the conditions it doesnt matter if hes a thing, as if he is you can merely swap him in for qwik on that list.
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #821
Swaggs
Coordinator

I have got to say that I believe that CW is the seer, but damn if he didn't throw a big old wrench into this game. I was kind of on board with the other "brilliant" folks like myself, but now I am not sure if I trust anyone in this game.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #822
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I'm just wondering how people are making their decisions. I'm trying to work out how Raiders and Warlord are ganging up on people as Things. Because intuitively I don't see that being a solid long-term play.

I want Blade/Dubb, or whoever wants to advance the argument that this is our two-Thing combination, to build that case. Best case scenario is that we have two Things tying themselves to each other here and that we end the game with back-to-back votes. But at the moment I don't see it ...
Old 04-19-2006, 07:28 PM   #823
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, let's get somewhere with this. Do you think you have a horrid voting record?
Day one i voted for jeeber(the first vote for him, a random vote for my fellow mod)...sucks he turned out bad, but you can hold against me if you want to. Day 2-1 i vote barkeep, who is still very unclear to me...so 1-1 there...day 2-2 i vote you who i think is a thing...so in my mind in sitting on 1 villager, 1 unknown, and 1 thing(technically an unknown to be fair)...i would call that pretty good.
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #824
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can we run test after test and hold off the night action, as long as we are killing a Thing each time? If so, we could knock things out in a hurry if someone had any good, reliable information.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #825
JeeberD
General Manager

We have a max of two tests at a time, Swaggs...

Old 04-19-2006, 07:31 PM   #826
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Cronin, re: post #808:

Why would a scientist both trying to move votes from one scientist to another like that? We know that Dubb was clean yesterday based on testing. The Warlord is saying that Raiders was clean last night based on his seer abilities.

Blade, if I understand correctly, moved his vote to break a tie. He may have moved his vote onto somebody he was hoping to convert. Either way, he broke a tie to vote for a villager. Remember, it was between RA and dubb. Dubb tested clean; RA was scanned as clean last night. Either way I don't see how it clears Blade.

One monkey wrench: If RA was converted and scanned last night, would CW know? I don't have any idea.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #827
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, so on Day 2 we have Saldana and Raiders as the Things. By mid-afternoon Saldana finds himself accumulating votes in a manner that puts him in danger. But Raiders, who has his vote on Saldana, doesn't move it. To the best of my knowledge (going from memory) he didn't log in during the last couple of hours while the only other remaining Thing was being lined up. He then knows he is on his own for the next day, having to avoid a vote so he can attempt to conversion that night. Which, I'm guessing, isn't automatic with bodyguard/blessed/roles unknown.

He barely escapes being the 2nd man voted off (nearly ending the game), goes for his conversion, and chooses Coffee Warlord, who happens to be the seer and is unguarded. They conspire and immediately agree that they have to save Raiders today, rather than just passing the Thing torch on to Warlord to eke out another day like Raiders did at the end of Day 2.

Does this make sense to you? Am I missing some important point in here?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #828
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, if I understand correctly, moved his vote to break a tie. He may have moved his vote onto somebody he was hoping to convert. Either way, he broke a tie to vote for a villager. Remember, it was between RA and dubb. Dubb tested clean; RA was scanned as clean last night. Either way I don't see how it clears Blade.

One monkey wrench: If RA was converted and scanned last night, would CW know? I don't have any idea.
I broke no tie..my final vote went to RA, the person i voted for all day. CW, your seer, cast the vote that damned dubb to testing
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #829
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

No. Which sucks.

However, RA had pretty good odds of being tested today after last night's insanity. Hell, we TRIED to do it last night. I doubt the Things woulda converted him, knowing that.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 PM   #830
WVUFAN
College Starter

Question to schmidty: Is there a vote tonight?

Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 PM   #831
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Cronin, I'm just wondering how people are making their decisions. I'm trying to work out how Raiders and Warlord are ganging up on people as Things. Because intuitively I don't see that being a solid long-term play.

I want Blade/Dubb, or whoever wants to advance the argument that this is our two-Thing combination, to build that case. Best case scenario is that we have two Things tying themselves to each other here and that we end the game with back-to-back votes. But at the moment I don't see it ...
Perhaps because it isn't possible? As a correction, for the scenario that we are both Things to occur, it would have to mean that there are at least five Things in the game.

7-5 Scientists.
After the voting goes for a Scientist, it would be 6-6 Scientists and the Things win.
Anything less than five Things and this isn't a winning gambit. Let's say it's four Things out there.
8-4 Scientists.
After the voting goes for a Scientists, it would be 7-5 Scientists.
The next day, you take out me and CW. That would make it 7-3 Scientists.

It just doesn't make any sense.

*Disclaimer: This isn't taking into account Barkeep's alleged skill and blessed/bodyguard roles.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:35 PM   #832
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, Blade was definitely looking to build a coalition for someone besides Dubb last night. Again, I'll be happy to go look up posts if someone wants to go that route.

This seems to speak well of him, as Dubb was tested and shown to be a scientist.

That can be your answer for why he would do it, but it draws unnecessary attention if you are a Thing and know that you are already going to advance. Unless he wanted to convert Dubb last night, and thought testing Dubb would get him more leeway today. But I think the exact opposite is true, as the tested guys would seem more likely to draw the bodyguard that evening.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:36 PM   #833
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Me either. It makes no sense whatsoever to me.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 07:37 PM   #834
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, so on Day 2 we have Saldana and Raiders as the Things. By mid-afternoon Saldana finds himself accumulating votes in a manner that puts him in danger. But Raiders, who has his vote on Saldana, doesn't move it. To the best of my knowledge (going from memory) he didn't log in during the last couple of hours while the only other remaining Thing was being lined up. He then knows he is on his own for the next day, having to avoid a vote so he can attempt to conversion that night. Which, I'm guessing, isn't automatic with bodyguard/blessed/roles unknown.

He barely escapes being the 2nd man voted off (nearly ending the game), goes for his conversion, and chooses Coffee Warlord, who happens to be the seer and is unguarded. They conspire and immediately agree that they have to save Raiders today, rather than just passing the Thing torch on to Warlord to eke out another day like Raiders did at the end of Day 2.

Does this make sense to you? Am I missing some important point in here?
Yes, he wasnt around...and if he had been on the saldana vote there was no viable reason i saw that he could have used to swap if it he wanted to. If he had, he most likely would have hung himself and when that happened saldana as well. This way, they lost just saldana(good move in my mind). He goes after CW, one of the group that led the charge off dubb, a vet, and a fairly trusted person WHO NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BRILLIANT(implying it likely he has a special role)...bodyguard has no idea who to protect and doesnt do CW, CW goes over and they start talking. Day 3 starts immediately i resume my push for RA, and it gains initial momentum. CW steps out claiming seer and clears RA and himself of danger for today, and by the way their playing it tomorrow as well at the minimum. Makes sense to me, as by the time we get around to test them they have 2 more converts(hell, prob. me and a quiet person realistically).
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #835
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Cronin, Blade was definitely looking to build a coalition for someone besides Dubb last night. Again, I'll be happy to go look up posts if someone wants to go that route.

This seems to speak well of him, as Dubb was tested and shown to be a scientist.

That can be your answer for why he would do it, but it draws unnecessary attention if you are a Thing and know that you are already going to advance. Unless he wanted to convert Dubb last night, and thought testing Dubb would get him more leeway today. But I think the exact opposite is true, as the tested guys would seem more likely to draw the bodyguard that evening.
I suspected RA, but when i first tried to get a group i tried to get it to be Jeeber since he already had two votes. Barkeep voted RA and then RA became the target
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:38 PM   #836
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Day one i voted for jeeber(the first vote for him, a random vote for my fellow mod)...sucks he turned out bad, but you can hold against me if you want to. Day 2-1 i vote barkeep, who is still very unclear to me...so 1-1 there...day 2-2 i vote you who i think is a thing...so in my mind in sitting on 1 villager, 1 unknown, and 1 thing(technically an unknown to be fair)...i would call that pretty good.
In my mind, 2 villagers and 1 unknown.

In everyone else's mind, that's 1 villager and 2 unknowns. That's pretty shitty considering the voting records of everyone else.

You do understand that other than Jeebs, who voted for a villager twice you have the worst voting record?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 PM   #837
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Perhaps because it isn't possible? As a correction, for the scenario that we are both Things to occur, it would have to mean that there are at least five Things in the game.

7-5 Scientists.
After the voting goes for a Scientist, it would be 6-6 Scientists and the Things win.
Anything less than five Things and this isn't a winning gambit. Let's say it's four Things out there.
8-4 Scientists.
After the voting goes for a Scientists, it would be 7-5 Scientists.
The next day, you take out me and CW. That would make it 7-3 Scientists.

It just doesn't make any sense.

*Disclaimer: This isn't taking into account Barkeep's alleged skill and blessed/bodyguard roles.
The hell, did you see my list? I think there are 2 things, possibly 3 depending on starting numbers/barkeep's kill.

Where the hell are you getting 5?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #838
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
In my mind, 2 villagers and 1 unknown.

In everyone else's mind, that's 1 villager and 2 unknowns. That's pretty shitty considering the voting records of everyone else.

You do understand that other than Jeebs, who voted for a villager twice you have the worst voting record?
Well, im sure after today when you all vote for me some people will match me. But RA, keep pushing...its just building up more of a case against you when i come up clean
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #839
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

There are a gazillion possible strategies why he would play that way as a Thing. Remember, I voted for him early yesterday - I think he's been bad from the beginning.

Barkeep's story has basically held up: There's been nothing to contradict it. So I think on day 1 there had to have been a Thing in the group voting for him. Going by memory, that's me, anxiety, and blade. That, coupled with blade's general weirdness, is why I like him. It's not just his low post count: It's the style of his posting, which has been totally out of character.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #840
hoopsguy
General Manager

In case it isn't clear, I'm not jumping on the Blade bandwagon just yet. But I also think that it is unlikely that CW and RA are both Things acting in concert.

In terms of last nights conversion, if the Things (well, I'm guessing there was only one of them last night) had an idea that CW was the seer then it makes all the sense in the world to go after him. But I don't think he makes sense as a random target compared to Dubb/JeeberD/Barkeep. Each of those guys has been cleared and/or has indicated a role that makes them unlikely to be blessed.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:42 PM   #841
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
It's not just his low post count:
You do realize i am now the #1 poster in this thread, right?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:43 PM   #842
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, he wasnt around...and if he had been on the saldana vote there was no viable reason i saw that he could have used to swap if it he wanted to. If he had, he most likely would have hung himself and when that happened saldana as well. This way, they lost just saldana(good move in my mind). He goes after CW, one of the group that led the charge off dubb, a vet, and a fairly trusted person WHO NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT BRILLIANT(implying it likely he has a special role)...bodyguard has no idea who to protect and doesnt do CW, CW goes over and they start talking. Day 3 starts immediately i resume my push for RA, and it gains initial momentum. CW steps out claiming seer and clears RA and himself of danger for today, and by the way their playing it tomorrow as well at the minimum. Makes sense to me, as by the time we get around to test them they have 2 more converts(hell, prob. me and a quiet person realistically).
So if it's only two of us, how do we play this out to win??? You should know by playing the wolf before that no one wants to lose. The preference is always to win. When you're dead and your side wins, it's a hollow victory.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #843
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Question to schmidty: Is there a vote tonight?

If everyone votes before I am either A) too tired to think straight, or B) have gone to bed, then I will try to post the results tonight.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 PM   #844
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
So if it's only two of us, how do we play this out to win??? You should know by playing the wolf before that no one wants to lose. The preference is always to win. When you're dead and your side wins, it's a hollow victory.
You keep doing what your doing right now, throwing other players under the bus and not directly stating you know something. Do just enough to get someone else killed and yourself not tested. its the way wolfs win every game
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #845
Blade6119
Coordinator

5 more minutes, anyone else got a question for me?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:46 PM   #846
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
The hell, did you see my list? I think there are 2 things, possibly 3 depending on starting numbers/barkeep's kill.

Where the hell are you getting 5?
Dude, I am seriously getting frustrated at your lack of understanding but I guess that's your play right now. Let me spell it out for you in 1st Grade words:

That case is a case where "we" win and that play is an end game.

I tried to use all monosyllabic words so you'll understand.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #847
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
5 more minutes, anyone else got a question for me?

Check again - The deadline is tomorrow night unless everyone votes.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #848
WVUFAN
College Starter

Could someone post a vote count? Who hasn't voted yet?

Old 04-19-2006, 07:47 PM   #849
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You do realize i am now the #1 poster in this thread, right?

lol

I forget who said you weren't posting much, and you had some excuse why. That wasn't my point at all.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #850
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Check again - The deadline is tomorrow night unless everyone votes.
5 more minutes until im gone for the night and likely almost all of the day tomorrow. Im tired of defending myself, have said my piece, and am going to let the chips fall how they may
Demotivation