Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #851
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
5 more minutes until im gone for the night and likely almost all of the day tomorrow. Im tired of defending myself, have said my piece, and am going to let the chips fall how they may

Ah, ok.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #852
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
You keep doing what your doing right now, throwing other players under the bus and not directly stating you know something. Do just enough to get someone else killed and yourself not tested. its the way wolfs win every game
*clap clap*

Very nice! I like how you worked that into the thread!

[no sarcasm intended]
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 PM   #853
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
*clap clap*

Very nice! I like how you worked that into the thread!

[no sarcasm intended]
Am i missing the joke? i didnt mean it to be funny, just an expression...have i said it before?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #854
st.cronin
General Manager

Right now I say the Things are Blade + 1 other.

The second Thing could be anybody ... Barkeep or dubb or maybe Jeeber. Or somebody else.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:50 PM   #855
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, responding to Post #834:

So RA, who knows that his fellow Thing is in danger and that he could potentially be on the hook during the next actions, lets him hang. If he changes the vote, they go out looking for a conversion that night, have a day to try and argue their case, but they don't run the risk of GAME OVER on Day 2. And, assuming they are successful with their conversion (of CW or whoever they would pick) even if they are doubled up the next day we move on to Day 4 with 1-2 Things (again, depending on a successful night conversion) after we kill both of them.

But here, the Things now change gears. Now they tie themselves to each other when we have 30+ hours to work through the scenarios. If we talk ourselves into testing one of them, the other one is next and it is game over. Wouldn't it make sense to separate, as you suggest that RA and Saldana did on Day 2? Or if they are going to try and play together, why not have Coffee come out with the seer revelation when we have less time to react to it?

Perhaps there were philosophical differences in how Saldana and Warlord looked at the situation? And Raiders went with the flow in both cases? This is a big sticking point for me right now in going down this train of thought.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #856
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I have to be honest. I am looking away from CW & Raiders. I think we're better off in a different direction and that is the direction I am heading.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 PM   #857
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Here we go humans here we go!(clap clap)
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #858
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Vote count as of this post
[quote]
Blade6119 112
Raiders Army 107
hoopsguy 99
Barkeep49 92
st.cronin 69
Schmidty 56
Coffee Warlord 53
dubb93 48
JeeberD 32
saldana 29
Qwikshot 29
WVUFAN 26
Swaggs 22
tanglewood 21
path12 16
Anxiety 15
mckerney 14
Alan T 3
Desnudo 2
Vince 2
pennywisesb 2
kingfc22 2
ardent enthusiast 1
SackAttack 1
Fouts 1
Lathum 1
SnDvls 1
bulletsponge 1
Old 04-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #859
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Somebody might want to check me:

Blade6119 (5): JeeberD, Raiders Army, mckerney, Coffee Warlord, Anxiety
Raiders Army (2): Blade6119, dubb93
hoopsguy (1): path12
tanglewood (1): WVUFan

No votes yet: st. cronin, tanglewood, Swaggs, hoopsguy, Barkeep49
Old 04-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #860
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I'm glad to see a shitface root for the right team.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #861
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
That's totally not right.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #862
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So if it's only two of us, how do we play this out to win??? You should know by playing the wolf before that no one wants to lose. The preference is always to win. When you're dead and your side wins, it's a hollow victory.

You claim seer/clean and get everyone to buy it. I know all about fake role reveals and I also know when I would pull them as a bad guy. If I was calling the shots as a thing and we converted the seer and I KNEW I was dead that day I would tell him to clear me. No one else can claim to be the seer b/c he would be on my side and it would give me a good chance of extending my life and hoping other things come up so it never gets checked.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #863
Raiders Army
Coordinator

[quote=Barkeep49]Vote count as of this post
Quote:
Blade6119 112
Raiders Army 107
hoopsguy 99
Barkeep49 92
st.cronin 69
Schmidty 56
Coffee Warlord 53
dubb93 48
JeeberD 32
saldana 29
Qwikshot 29
WVUFAN 26
Swaggs 22
tanglewood 21
path12 16
Anxiety 15
mckerney 14
Alan T 3
Desnudo 2
Vince 2
pennywisesb 2
kingfc22 2
ardent enthusiast 1
SackAttack 1
Fouts 1
Lathum 1
SnDvls 1
bulletsponge 1
Post count?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 PM   #864
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Blade, responding to Post #834:

So RA, who knows that his fellow Thing is in danger and that he could potentially be on the hook during the next actions, lets him hang. If he changes the vote, they go out looking for a conversion that night, have a day to try and argue their case, but they don't run the risk of GAME OVER on Day 2. And, assuming they are successful with their conversion (of CW or whoever they would pick) even if they are doubled up the next day we move on to Day 4 with 1-2 Things (again, depending on a successful night conversion) after we kill both of them.

But here, the Things now change gears. Now they tie themselves to each other when we have 30+ hours to work through the scenarios. If we talk ourselves into testing one of them, the other one is next and it is game over. Wouldn't it make sense to separate, as you suggest that RA and Saldana did on Day 2? Or if they are going to try and play together, why not have Coffee come out with the seer revelation when we have less time to react to it?

Perhaps there were philosophical differences in how Saldana and Warlord looked at the situation? And Raiders went with the flow in both cases? This is a big sticking point for me right now in going down this train of thought.
In my mind, they view it as if they use the seer role(which i believe CW was) then they can ride it the rest of the game(or for awhile)...and if one falls 2 days from now, "he must have been converted in the past two nights to frame me!" Safety in numbers hoops, and by doing this they ensure they get at least 1 more, most likely 2-3 before one of them gets tested. Instead of the flip side of losing one today, possibly both if we got lucky without the CW seer reveal, and tomorrow they are back at 2.

RA stated the whole purpose of his, and by my assumption was to win while alive. Dying a wolf then having the wolves win is hollow. The move today, if correct, ensures RA doesnt die today...its the move he as much told you he would make, do what he can do stay alive
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #865
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Vote count as of this post
[

You mean post count, right?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #866
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"This is Howard Cosell and I'm getting a piece of Eskimo tail before the Thing gets me..."

"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 04-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #867
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
You claim seer/clean and get everyone to buy it. I know all about fake role reveals and I also know when I would pull them as a bad guy. If I was calling the shots as a thing and we converted the seer and I KNEW I was dead that day I would tell him to clear me. No one else can claim to be the seer b/c he would be on my side and it would give me a good chance of extending my life and hoping other things come up so it never gets checked.
Hoops, are you reading this?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #868
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
I honestly believe you're misled and I don't think you're a Thing.

What's interesting is that there has been no talk about who might've been converted last night.

I think Jeebs and dubb are the top candidates as well as the people who've flown UTR.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #869
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What's interesting is that there has been no talk about who might've been converted last night.
You mean like dubb/wvu/and i trumpeting CW? That kind of no discussion? Do you even read our posts?
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #870
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think Jeebs and dubb are the top candidates as well as the people who've flown UTR.

Fuckin vote me again, you seem to like to go around in worthless circles.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #871
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, im sure after today when you all vote for me some people will match me. But RA, keep pushing...its just building up more of a case against you when i come up clean
So you admit your voting record has been horrid, then?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #872
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Somebody might want to check me:

Blade6119 (5): JeeberD, Raiders Army, mckerney, Coffee Warlord, Anxiety
Raiders Army (2): Blade6119, dubb93
hoopsguy (1): path12
tanglewood (1): WVUFan

No votes yet: st. cronin, tanglewood, Swaggs, hoopsguy, Barkeep49

I changed my vote to Coffee Warlord.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #873
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yes, I meant post count. Of course I won't edit the post even though I forgot my other quote tag!
Old 04-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #874
st.cronin
General Manager

I voted for Blade early in the cycle. I'll find the post.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 07:58 PM   #875
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
You mean like dubb/wvu/and i trumpeting CW? That kind of no discussion? Do you even read our posts?
Conversion of me I can understand. Conversion of CW doesn't make any sense. The way you spin it isn't logical to a normal person. So I discount what you say.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #876
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I'm glad to see a shitface root for the right team.

Ouch.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #877
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Not in my mind, but if you make your assumptions about your own innocence then sure. I admit whatever you want. What other meaningless points do you want me to concede, becuase im happy to. Make a list real quick and ill admit to being the 20th hijacker if it makes you happy. Doesnt change what i think of the situation today.

My suspect list:
1.CW
2.RA(RA could be clean and CW, a thing, clears him...dubb did it a few games back, so we spend 2 days killing me or RA, then the other when they come up clear)
3.Barkeep(still dont know about the qwikshot kill, very possible third thing)
4.Dubb(despite his support of me, or maybe inspite of it...a possible convert, and is playing my support to earn my trust which ALAN T proved was oh so easy)
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 08:00 PM   #878
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think too much is put on voting record. When I'm a wolf my voting record is always the best. Why? I throw my vote away on a wolf that isn't in danger of getting voted and I lay back and vote for people that I think have no chance of getting killed so I get the "unknown" factor for me. You also know when exactly to join a bandwagon. If you don't believe it, look back to the HP game, I had the best voting record the whole damn game.

It is easy to have a good voting record as a wolf b/c you know who everyone is and can discuss things with other people. Not so easy when you are by yourself.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #879
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

That's fucking garbage dude. Fucking garbage.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 PM   #880
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Am i missing the joke? i didnt mean it to be funny, just an expression...have i said it before?
Nope, not that I remember. It's just funny hearing that phrase again. I remember hearing it quite a bit with Peyton Manning, etc. I'm too tired to look for the thread, but the phrase was in the title.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #881
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
"This is Howard Cosell and I'm getting a piece of Eskimo tail before the Thing gets me..."
[/IMG]

Since when are there eskimos in Antarctica?

Damn...I'm too drunk to make sense of tonight's discussions. :o

Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #882
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Conversion of me I can understand. Conversion of CW doesn't make any sense. The way you spin it isn't logical to a normal person. So I discount what you say.

Well, we have to assume there have been 2 conversions. I can see how it would be out of the realm of possibility that you two could have been the converts.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #883
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I actually think I have figured out who the convert is, but I'm going to wait until after this vote to bring it on. If Blade comes up clean, it's a wrong guess anyway.

Post 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
That's a terrible idea: We need to catch a thing EVERY day. The value of clearing somebody does not come close to the value of the Things increasing their numbers while we hope the seer sees one.

I was convinced Blade was a Thing YESTERDAY, and I remain convinced:

VOTE BLADE

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #884
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, I am. I'm still not sure why you would use the reveal with so much time left to dissect it, but I can at least subscribe to the newsletter.

I still think the play is inconsistent from day 2 to day 3 (and sub-optimal) but I can see the path you and Dubb are heading down.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:03 PM   #885
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
That's fucking garbage dude. Fucking garbage.

Soooo...did Schmidty just let us know that Qwik was human?

Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #886
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
If anything he let us know he was a thing, but we cant take his comments to mean a thing, pretend it didnt happen
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #887
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I have for votes, don't think there have been any in awhile:

JeeberD - Swaggs (660)
Raiders - Dubb (667), Blade (668)
Blade - Coffee (690), Anxiety (696), JeeberD (707), Raiders (710), Cronin (722), mckerney (771)
Coffee - WVUFAN (741)
Hoops - Path (773)

Not Voted: Barkeep, Hoopsguy, Tanglewood
Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #888
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

Actually no I didn't. It was regarding the fact that he was making a comment that could affect the game after he's dead.

I AM FUCKING PISSED.

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-19-2006 at 08:05 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:04 PM   #889
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think too much is put on voting record. When I'm a wolf my voting record is always the best. Why? I throw my vote away on a wolf that isn't in danger of getting voted and I lay back and vote for people that I think have no chance of getting killed so I get the "unknown" factor for me. You also know when exactly to join a bandwagon. If you don't believe it, look back to the HP game, I had the best voting record the whole damn game.

It is easy to have a good voting record as a wolf b/c you know who everyone is and can discuss things with other people. Not so easy when you are by yourself.

The last two games I played voting record pointed straight to every single wolf. So, I disagree with your assesment.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #890
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hey hoops. Not that I'm going to change my vote unless something drastic happens, but why path?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 PM   #891
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Not in my mind, but if you make your assumptions about your own innocence then sure. I admit whatever you want. What other meaningless points do you want me to concede, becuase im happy to.
I'm glad that you finally conceded that you have a bad voting record. In that case, I would refer you to what set you off:

Post #665
Quote:
Okay. I'm gonna have to go with a silent conversion here. Damn.

Based on voting patterns, these are my prime suspects at this point:

1. JeeberD, voted twice for a known scientist (Day 2 both votes)
2a and b. Coffee Warlord and Blade 6119, voted for a known scientist (Day 2 2nd vote)

None of the above voted for saldana on day 2.

Next tier is:

4. tanglewood, voted for a known scientist and not sure if his vote counted towards saldana since it was late (at that point, it didn't matter)
5a,b, & c. mckerney, hoopsguy, and Barkeep49, voted for scientists and for saldana

Unknowns: st. cronin, Swaggs, Anxiety, WVUFan. From their votes, we don't know what they voted for.

Possible good guy: path12, voted for saldana, didn't vote for a known scientist
So you flew off the handle on a post that said you had a bad voting record, which you admit. Thanks. I can go to sleep now.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #892
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The last two games I played voting record pointed straight to every single wolf. So, I disagree with your assesment.

They weren't playing the role right.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #893
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Hey hoops. Not that I'm going to change my vote unless something drastic happens, but why path?

path voted for hoops, not the other way around.

Way to go, Daivd...

Old 04-19-2006, 08:06 PM   #894
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
path voted for hoops, not the other way around.

Way to go, Daivd...

Don't MAKE me launch tactical yaks at you.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #895
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Yeah, I am. I'm still not sure why you would use the reveal with so much time left to dissect it, but I can at least subscribe to the newsletter.

I still think the play is inconsistent from day 2 to day 3 (and sub-optimal) but I can see the path you and Dubb are heading down.
Do whatever you think is smart. I have no allies, no nothing of dubb and WVU, and am solely working on my gut here. Sometimes its right, sometimes its wrong(i never though saldana was a thing..hell, im usually wrong)...but as a simple villager with no bonus knowledge, i can only go off my gut. And as a wolf i would have done everything i think RA has done(including converting RA if im saldana)...and if i converted the seer but was a dead man id beg him to clear me...id make all the same plays, so i vote this way. Might be better to vote CW in case he is pulling one like dubb did a few games back. So as i leave

UNVOTE RAIDERS
VOTE COFFEE
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #896
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is this the first Maximum Football reference in a werewolf game?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #897
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

And if you must know, that is the reason I was voting for hoops earlier. He does play the role right and it was risk/reward. I thought everyone would catch on to saldana, but I wanted to show that hoops was the biggest threat. I thought i caught him, which I've changed my mind on that now, and if I did catch him, he knows how to play the role.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #898
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm glad that you finally conceded that you have a bad voting record. In that case, I would refer you to what set you off:

Post #665
So you flew off the handle on a post that said you had a bad voting record, which you admit. Thanks. I can go to sleep now.
LOL, i cant believe you just made that jump...wow, just wow...that post is wrong by official standards...you are soo agitating..just wow, sleep tight you crazy SOB
Demotivation
Old 04-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #899
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

Well, in at least one of those games, they did win ... anyway, I think in this game voting record is less useful than normal, but because of that, and because in werewolf the bad play is sometimes the good play, and because there's not much else to go on, I place a lot of importance on it.

That probably didn't make any sense. Suffice that it's what I use and the last few games it's served me well.

knives out
Old 04-19-2006, 08:10 PM   #900
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, in at least one of those games, they did win ... anyway, I think in this game voting record is less useful than normal, but because of that, and because in werewolf the bad play is sometimes the good play, and because there's not much else to go on, I place a lot of importance on it.

That probably didn't make any sense. Suffice that it's what I use and the last few games it's served me well.
Cronin, i like you..i do...so dont misconstrue all of the crap i give you after you guys test me...ok?
Demotivation