Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2019, 08:37 PM   #19801
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump at a rally for Bevin last night:

"If you win, they are going to make it like, ho hum. And if you lose, they are going to say Trump suffered the greatest defeat in the history of the world. You can't let that happen to me!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:43 PM   #19802
Thomkal
Head Coach

In VA, Dems have flipped the state Senate and perhaps the state House too
Old 11-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #19803
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So how likely do you think McConnell is in play now? I know the emails from the various DNC get out the votes groups were pushing big to beat Bevin in order to take out Mitch in 2020

My opinion is that I just don't see it. I want to see it, I'll support to see it, but I just don't see that they even get to sniff Moscow Mitch's ass. They like to have people here who get that kind of attention nationally. McConnell is all over the place and he makes the D's look bad, and he's the big baddie they love. Paul is the same way in different ways. The state loves them.

Turnout is huge for this though, and if they can keep that momentum up next year, and keep humping, there's a chance to keep it going, but I'm not optimistic about it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:46 PM   #19804
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I mean, at this point, why not just annex Mexico? Then once things stabilize, give them an independence referendum.

Not enough oil in Mexico. Invade Venezuela, do it right (somehow) and save the day, then make it the 51st state. Energy problems solved
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #19805
Edward64
Head Coach

Will Sondland be punished for lying/revising his testimony?
Old 11-05-2019, 08:56 PM   #19806
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
My opinion is that I just don't see it. I want to see it, I'll support to see it, but I just don't see that they even get to sniff Moscow Mitch's ass. They like to have people here who get that kind of attention nationally. McConnell is all over the place and he makes the D's look bad, and he's the big baddie they love. Paul is the same way in different ways. The state loves them.

Turnout is huge for this though, and if they can keep that momentum up next year, and keep humping, there's a chance to keep it going, but I'm not optimistic about it.

Yeah its going to be hard to get rid of him no doubt, but getting rid of Bevin was hard too, so have some hope. Just today Mitch was saying that Trump won't lose if/when the Senate has the trial. If he starts trying to prevent/obstruct things there, I think that may be the key to getting him out.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:01 PM   #19807
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Will Sondland be punished for lying/revising his testimony?

He should but if he testifies truthfully in the trial and reveals everyone who was a part of the Ukraine decision I can see them letting him off easy.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:30 PM   #19808
Atocep
Coordinator

How many more GOP retire after seeing tonight's results?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:32 PM   #19809
Thomkal
Head Coach

Even the woman who infamously "flipped off" Trump's motorcade in a 2017 photo won an election tonight to VA's Loudoun County Board of Commissioners tonight.

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-05-2019 at 09:33 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:35 PM   #19810
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
How many more GOP retire after seeing tonight's results?

A few will I think, but if somehow MS governor turns blue tonight, the gates are wide open I think.
Old 11-06-2019, 07:48 AM   #19811
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Watching the powers that be in the GOP spend the morning heaping lavish praise on Trump for his role in the miracle victory in Mississippi is good fun.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #19812
PilotMan
Head Coach

As good of news as having Beshear win last night was, he's only a one term governor unless he can manage amazing things. The next R that comes around who isn't Bevin will get the benefit of the doubt and the massive advantage that the state gives to the R's.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2019, 10:06 AM   #19813
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
As good of news as having Beshear win last night was, he's only a one term governor unless he can manage amazing things. The next R that comes around who isn't Bevin will get the benefit of the doubt and the massive advantage that the state gives to the R's.

Baby steps my friend
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #19814
Galaril
Pro Starter

Apparently Trump Jr has tweeted the name of the whistleblower.

Last edited by Galaril : 11-06-2019 at 11:04 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #19815
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't understand why nobody mentions that the governor before Bevins was Beshear's father. A Dem governor in KY isn't an impossibility and Beshear can win a second term if he isn't a failure.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:04 PM   #19816
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

Well that saves Rand Paul some time and effort

Last edited by NobodyHere : 11-06-2019 at 12:05 PM.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:15 PM   #19817
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Zelinsky says 2 day s after the DNC announced in June 2015 that it had been hacked, Stone spoke to Donald Trump on the phone. Stone talked again to Trump on July 31 for 10 minutes. An hour later, Stone emailed Jerome Corsi to ask him to go to London to speak to Assange.

All the collusion is coming out at the Roger Stone trial.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:26 PM   #19818
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
All the collusion is coming out at the Roger Stone trial.

Fantasy Football can be a bitch to coordinate.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2019, 01:00 PM   #19819
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post

Let's see how they spin this as it is a pretty serious offense if it is indeed the right person.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:42 PM   #19820
JediKooter
Coordinator

From Bill Taylor's testimony:

Page 190

Schiff

Q: And when you say that, this was the first time I heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was conditioned on the investigation, when you talk about conditioned, did you mean that if they didn’t do this, the investigations, they weren’t going to get that, the meeting and the military assistance?

A: That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the President [of Ukraine] committed to pursue the investigation.

Q: So if they don’t do this, they are not going to get that was your understanding?

A: Yes, sir.

Q: Are you aware that quid pro quo literally means this for that?

A: I am.

In the real universe, even the GOP would be calling for trump to resign after something like this. Alas, we are not in that universe.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:47 PM   #19821
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
In the real universe, even the GOP would be calling for trump to resign after something like this. Alas, we are not in that universe.

We're stuck in a weird cycle. Congressional GOP isn't turning on Trump because the core republican voter isn't turning on Trump. The core republican voter isn't turning on Trump because they get their information from Fox News, which isn't turning on Trump because the Congressional GOP aren't turning on Trump.

If anyone in that cycle were to break ranks this would be over very quickly.

Last edited by Atocep : 11-06-2019 at 03:47 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:52 PM   #19822
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
We're stuck in a weird cycle. Congressional GOP isn't turning on Trump because the core republican voter isn't turning on Trump. The core republican voter isn't turning on Trump because they get their information from Fox News, which isn't turning on Trump because the Congressional GOP aren't turning on Trump.

If anyone in that cycle were to break ranks this would be over very quickly.

Good point. Hopefully something happens to break the cycle. Just very disheartening that these cowards put their re-elections and party before the laws and the Constitution of the US.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-06-2019, 04:59 PM   #19823
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
From Bill Taylor's testimony:

Page 190

Schiff

Q: And when you say that, this was the first time I heard that the security assistance—not just the White House meeting—was conditioned on the investigation, when you talk about conditioned, did you mean that if they didn’t do this, the investigations, they weren’t going to get that, the meeting and the military assistance?

A: That was my clear understanding, security assistance money would not come until the President [of Ukraine] committed to pursue the investigation.

Q: So if they don’t do this, they are not going to get that was your understanding?

A: Yes, sir.

Q: Are you aware that quid pro quo literally means this for that?

A: I am.

What's even worse is how many of them, a month ago, were saying that if there was ever evidence of a quid pro quo it would be impeachable.

Now, bygones...
Old 11-06-2019, 06:06 PM   #19824
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
What's even worse is how many of them, a month ago, were saying that if there was ever evidence of a quid pro quo it would be impeachable.

Now, bygones...

Exactly. Just a bunch of lip service.

Old 11-06-2019, 06:59 PM   #19825
Flasch186
Coordinator

The goalposts will keep moving all the way to Moscow if need be. They will not turn on Trump no matter if he shot someone. The only way they'll ever turn on him is in a reflection of what coulda been...

"Yeah, I probably should've stood more steadfast by the Constitution but no one else was and I didn't want to be first. It's ok though, I'm rich as shit and I have tall fences."

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #19826
cuervo72
Head Coach

They had a group of women "swing voters" in a CNN segment this morning. They asked the shooting question to one and she actually said that she'd have to know why he shot someone before making a judgement.

edit: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...newday-vpx.cnn

Last edited by cuervo72 : 11-06-2019 at 09:18 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:38 PM   #19827
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Looks like Beshear was able to flip a number of Eastern KY counties, and coincidentally, two in the Northern Cincy burbs, including mine. He's up by 20k with 92% in. The east was a huge trump stronghold, but Bevin's run against the unions and the teachers really cost him out there.

Every other major state race went R. This state.......

In 2015 Bevin got 511k votes and a total of 938k votes were cast.

In 2019 Bevin has gotten over 660k votes and a total of 1.3M votes have already been counted (95%). {edit: 1.4M now at 99%}

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/polit...cky/index.html
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 08:40 PM   #19828
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

Says the guy who won his primary by 84 votes and his opponent resigned after the completion of the recanvass. It's not a recount. It's a look at the vote counts across districts looking for oddities, and if there are none, that's it.

Like Steam?

Old 11-06-2019, 09:03 PM   #19829
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Says the guy who won his primary by 84 votes and his opponent resigned after the completion of the recanvass. It's not a recount. It's a look at the vote counts across districts looking for oddities, and if there are none, that's it.

I expect this (and actual recounts) to be more common as both sides continue to trust the democracy less and less by the day.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:28 PM   #19830
Edward64
Head Coach

Assuming Barr himself isn't implicated in the quid pro quo, he holds interesting leverage here.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/06/polit...nce/index.html
Quote:
President Donald Trump asked that Attorney General William Barr hold a news conference clearing him of legal wrongdoing with regard to his phone call pressuring the Ukrainian President to investigate Democrats -- but Barr refused, The Washington Post reported on Wednesday.

Citing people familiar with the matter, the paper reported that Trump's request came sometime around the White House's September 25 release of a transcript of the call. It was conveyed to White House officials and then the Justice Department. Trump has brought up Barr's refusal to aides over the past few weeks and how he wishes the attorney general had held the news conference, Trump advisers told the Post.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:54 AM   #19831
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Let's see how they spin this as it is a pretty serious offense if it is indeed the right person.

The spin is that the whistleblower had already been revealed. Far Right-wing media has been reporting his name for at least a week.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #19832
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Winners of Trump fundraising contests to meet with the President, of course, do not end up meeting with the President.

Quote:
A heavily-promoted contest to win breakfast with President Trump in New York City on September 26 was a fraud. The purported winner of the contest, Joanna Kamis, did not have breakfast with Trump. Instead, she was invited to a breakfast at a New York City restaurant that Trump did not attend. Kamis was later permitted to take a photo with Trump.

The promise of breakfast with Trump was used in hundreds of Facebook ads to entice supporters to donate money. The ads were clear that donors would be entered into a contest to share a meal with Trump. "This is your LAST CHANCE to meet me this quarter, and I really want to discuss our Campaign Strategy for the rest of the year with you over breakfast," Trump said in a Facebook ad in September.

Everything's a con.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:51 AM   #19833
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Winners of Trump fundraising contests to meet with the President, of course, do not end up meeting with the President.

Everything's a con.

A funny aspect of this is that for any normal human politician, these are great opportunities. You get some photo-ops having breakfast with a "real American." It's free PR.

But I can totally see why Trump's handlers would not want to risk him having unscripted interactions with a normal person. And I can't even imagine the last time he's interacted with anyone who isn't family/employee.

The man is, basically, incapable of having a normal meal with a normal person. Or even of being able to fake having a normal meal with a normal person.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:42 AM   #19834
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah looks like they may have had several of these "meals with Trump" contests with no winners. Imagine if a"Never Trumper" won it?
Old 11-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #19835
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Related/unrelated -

Man Baby is planning on attending LSU-Bama (booooo) and students were "warned" not to be "disruptive".

Ahead of Trump visit, UA SGA warns students: No disruptive behavior - al.com

They're trying to walk back their comments but still - amazing times we are in.
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:21 AM   #19836
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Related/unrelated -

Man Baby is planning on attending LSU-Bama (booooo) and students were "warned" not to be "disruptive".

Where's John Belushi when you need him?
Old 11-07-2019, 10:07 AM   #19837
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson98 View Post
Related/unrelated -

So 'I' pay money to go to that school and they are telling 'me' to not be disruptive? They can get bent.

Old 11-07-2019, 12:39 PM   #19838
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My cousins daughter goes to school at Bama. Can't wait to hear her experience at the game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:19 PM   #19839
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

President Trump ordered to pay $2M to group of nonprofits as part of civil lawsuit

Looks like the deep state strikes again!
Old 11-07-2019, 01:44 PM   #19840
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Good luck actually getting that money out of him.

Old 11-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #19841
Thomkal
Head Coach

Gee don't know why he would ever want to leave NY...
Old 11-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #19842
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess this goes in here. It's government related.

China's hidden camps - BBC News

This is what a government that is focused on Law and Order at all costs looks like. As horrible as it sounds, from another perspective you could argue that this could just as easily happen in the US under the right circumstances. This is pretty much right up Jon's authoritarian wet dream right here. I think it's a valuable read, not just to see what an actual large scale government cover up and hush looks like, but to understand the reason's why something like this happens and what a government determined to find a solution looks like in the 21st century.

Following up, and because nobody even seems to give two shits about this in real life. The Post had a continuing follow up today and showed documented proof of the cultural decimation of the ethnic group the Uighurs by the Chinese government. From cemeteries destroyed to the destruction and removal of Mosques. It's a complete eradication, via forced assimilation or else. This sort of process should make the free world shudder.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...kristallnacht/

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-07-2019 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:06 PM   #19843
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Bloomberg is filing to run in Dem primaries.

If he goes third party for the general, we can easily end up with Trump again.
Old 11-07-2019, 05:07 PM   #19844
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Following up, and because nobody even seems to give two shits about this in real life. The Post had a continuing follow up today and showed documented proof of the cultural decimation of the ethnic group the Uighurs by the Chinese government. From cemeteries destroyed to the destruction and removal of Mosques. It's a complete eradication, via forced assimilation or else. This sort of process should make the free world shudder.

The reports of the Chinese government assigning men to live with and impregnate Uighur women, all in the name of racial purity, is fucking awful.

But it's not like it's bad enough to start jeopardizing profits.
Old 11-07-2019, 06:12 PM   #19845
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Bloomberg is filing to run in Dem primaries.

If he goes third party for the general, we can easily end up with Trump again.

Who the hell is Bloomberg? (That's rhetorical-- I know who he is)

He's not even a blip. If he runs third party somehow, he'll finish well below the Green and the Libertarian parties and barely anyone will notice.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-07-2019 at 06:13 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:55 PM   #19846
Thomkal
Head Coach

I love how in the Trump statement about the lawsuit resolution over his Foundation he makes it seem like he was the hero here personally and proudly donating the $2 million to those charities. Charities that were chosen by the judge and that have no connection to Trump. He had no say in that.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:58 PM   #19847
Thomkal
Head Coach

The first excepts from the Anonymous White House source book A Warning are beginning to come out.

"I've sat and listened in uncomfortable silence as he talks about a woman’s appearance or performance," the author writes. "He comments on makeup. He makes jokes about weight. He critiques clothing. He questions the toughness of women in and around his orbit."

The author alleges that Trump said this when complaining about migrants crossing the border: "We get these women coming in with like seven children," Trump said, according to the book. "They are useless ... At least if they came in with a husband we could put him in the fields."

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-07-2019 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-07-2019, 08:01 PM   #19848
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
The first excepts from the Anonymous White House source book A Warning are beginning to come out.

"I've sat and listened in uncomfortable silence as he talks about a woman’s appearance or performance," the author writes. "He comments on makeup. He makes jokes about weight. He critiques clothing. He questions the toughness of women in and around his orbit."

Water is wet. I mean, surely this can't be surprising. This sort of behavior was thoroughly panned (accepted) before the election.

Like Steam?

Old 11-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #19849
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Water is wet. I mean, surely this can't be surprising. This sort of behavior was thoroughly panned (accepted) before the election.

Not surprising in the least. And it wasn't accepted by the 60+ million who didn't vote for him
Old 11-07-2019, 08:23 PM   #19850
Thomkal
Head Coach

House impeachment committees have issued a subpoena to Mick Mulvaney to testify tomorrow when he was initially scheduled to.

Last edited by Thomkal : 11-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.