College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Sorry, Victory Status:

timmae, zinto, glengoyne and path12: Win by gaining parity with the Light
Narcizo: Loses by failing to kill the Dragon
The Light: Loses by failing to eliminate The Shadow
Tinker: Loses by failing to convert those left to the Way of the Leaf
Factions: All end tied, and fail to reach victory conditions.

Much thanks!!

Autumn/Shoveler, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you set up certain game situations, what went as you thought it could, what was left as a missed opportunity, other possible roads to travel down, etc. I cannot fathom teh time and effort put into this. You have my gratitude!!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:27 PM   #1002
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh and Britrock had the ability to search for the true Dragon (Grover was a False Dragon). He searched Raven tonight, too little too late, but great fiction for the sequel.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #1003
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Much thanks!!

Autumn/Shoveler, I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you set up certain game situations, what went as you thought it could, what was left as a missed opportunity, other possible roads to travel down, etc. I cannot fathom teh time and effort put into this. You have my gratitude!!

I'm sure Shoveler will have plenty to add but we were just bemoaning tonight that not a single item actually was used in the game. So that was a bummer for us as watchers/mods.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #1004
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Oh and Britrock had the ability to search for the true Dragon (Grover was a False Dragon). He searched Raven tonight, too little too late, but great fiction for the sequel.

Hell yeah! Sign me up!! First in!!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #1005
Raven
College Prospect

I thought the wolf groupings were either some combo of CW, path, cheeki, glen, or Zinto, Brit, narc, glen.

Honestly, I suck at this game :/.

At least I'm a mother fucking dragon (though I didn't know it until now)! Whatever that means! So I'm curious, what was the role of the dragon?
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #1006
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Two WW games for me and two times my side gets mudstomped. However, timmae' compliments are spot on: we were put in a lot of knife's edge decisions that, by rule, each fell on one person's shoulders. All of those came down in favor of the Dark.

Even with the rout, hard to assess this as a poorly played game. I've learned much being on both sides now.
cheekimonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #1007
timmae
College Starter

I have to say... being evil sucks. I could never be a defense attorney I guess... every post was agony in that I had to deceive almost every step of the way. Starting with like my 2nd or 3rd post when font knew. LOL... I also slipped when I asked early on why EF and Font voted jackal without mentioning Zinto who was the middle vote on Jackal. Welcome to WW I guess but this was the first time I played evil.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #1008
Shoveler
High School Varsity

I'm going to let autumn respond, just glad everyone enjoyed the game. I absolutely love this book series and getting everyone talking about the story to piece together what might be going on was a lot of fun for me.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:31 PM   #1009
path12
Coordinator

What was the deal with the dagger? The description had us afraid to use it or even hold it more than one night.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:32 PM   #1010
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
I have to say... being evil sucks. I could never be a defense attorney I guess... every post was agony in that I had to deceive almost every step of the way. Starting with like my 2nd or 3rd post when font knew. LOL... I also slipped when I asked early on why EF and Font voted jackal without mentioning Zinto who was the middle vote on Jackal. Welcome to WW I guess but this was the first time I played evil.

After watching this game from this side I will never trust a word that comes out of your mouth
Old 04-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #1011
timmae
College Starter

It was soooooooooo quiet the last few days. I kept wanting to post away but needed to stop myself almost every time!

Brit... want to hear your thoughts on no CC... I think I played my claim right but not sure.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #1012
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
After watching this game from this side I will never trust a word that comes out of your mouth

LOL... welcome to NK 1 pergatory.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:34 PM   #1013
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Hell yeah! Sign me up!! First in!!

Oh, hell yes. Give me more of this!! Maybe a vanilla game in the meantime from someone?
Old 04-03-2015, 09:37 PM   #1014
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I thought the wolf groupings were either some combo of CW, path, cheeki, glen, or Zinto, Brit, narc, glen.

Honestly, I suck at this game :/.

At least I'm a mother fucking dragon (though I didn't know it until now)! Whatever that means! So I'm curious, what was the role of the dragon?

So in the books hte Dragon is basically the big hero reborn to eventually fight the Dark One. You were unaware of your role until either A) the Blue Ajah sister found you, B) Padan Fain found you (bad news), or C) you were killed or lynched. Any of those would cause you t become aware and to start to channel. If the blue found you, you guys could PM. If you were killed or lynched you would have survived, that one time.

Male channelers in the books all start to go insane, that's why Grover had very little control over what he could do. You would have been in slightly better shape, you would get a random power every night and be able to decide who to use it on.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #1015
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
What was the deal with the dagger? The description had us afraid to use it or even hold it more than one night.

The dagger is an artifact related to Padan Fain who was an independent character who only had the goal to kill the Dragon. He had the ability to search for the Dragon every night, but could not kill unless he got his hand son his dagger.

The dagger is an item from the books that corrupts those who hold on to it. Anybody who held onto the dagger for a night would have become Corrupted and joined Narcizo's side, gaining the ability to PM him and the goal of killing the Dragon. Zinto and the Aes Sedai could resist the dagger for one night.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #1016
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekimonk View Post
Oh, hell yes. Give me more of this!! Maybe a vanilla game in the meantime from someone?

Definitely. If no one else goes with one, I can throw up a barebones game for next week. And Shoveler and I are already working on a sequel to this one for someday down the line.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:40 PM   #1017
Grover
Pro Starter

I was terrible in this game, sorry guys

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #1018
Zinto
College Starter

Thanks for running this Autumn and Shoveler. It was a lot of fun.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #1019
Autumn
Head Coach

The Light almost got some help because Zinto started out with this dagger, and for a bit it seemed the Shadow might hold onto it longer than they should. That could have meant one of the Darkfriends, or more, secretly being turned to Fain's side without the rest of the Shadow knowing. Would have been quite interesting.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #1020
Zinto
College Starter

And thanks to my fellow team shadow members for playing a good game

Last edited by Zinto : 04-03-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:42 PM   #1021
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

You and Vaimes both suffered from statistically unlikely luck. No one could believe that you randomly got a power that just happened to save you from a lynch, but that's exactly what happened! Grover just chose a target and we rolled a random roll that said he got the Compel power the next day. then the vote was close enough to actually make it work. Super luck. and then Vaimes really did just randomly choose to rob the Warder moments before the attack. Bad luck!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #1022
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
And thanks to my fellow team shadow members for playing a good game

Nice game, for sure. the only thing the Shadow failed at, I suppose, was that Zinto needed the Dragon to get his hands on Callandor to unlock it. Thanks for leaving us something for a sequel!
Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #1023
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

I had Zinto and Narc pegged and was leaning path. Completely whiffed on timmae, obviously, and the "Vaimes Incident" derailed me going after Zinto or Narc on D4. I just couldn't believe the wolves could be that lucky after having the village forced to lose an entire lynch (2 really as Grover had to go on D3) which could have turned out as a double villager lynch. I can imagine you wolves were stunned at all this. You almost had to sit back and let the village calamity snowball.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:44 PM   #1024
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
The Light almost got some help because Zinto started out with this dagger, and for a bit it seemed the Shadow might hold onto it longer than they should. That could have meant one of the Darkfriends, or more, secretly being turned to Fain's side without the rest of the Shadow knowing. Would have been quite interesting.

Yep. If the PM I got after holding it for a day wasn't so scary I would have kept it. I thought if one of my fellow team members got it they might turn against us.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:45 PM   #1025
timmae
College Starter

EF.... want to know more about your vote switching on D1. When you switched to Jackal I almost followed your lead. You had me confused but it helped our cause.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #1026
timmae
College Starter

Quote:

Really... the only bad move that I didn't agree with was your nightfall. All other ideas and tactics were of use to help sniff out the baddies. Any discussion is good discussion for the village. Your activity was a huge plus in my book.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #1027
Shoveler
High School Varsity

The only thing that struck me during the game that we could have either done away with or explained better up front, was the use of compulsion by Grover. Those with knowledge of the books immediately jumped to him as the forsaken, as the light never uses compulsion in the series.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #1028
Zinto
College Starter

Yeah Grover don't beat yourself up. I was going to twist whatever you said to make you sound bad and it pretty much worked.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 PM   #1029
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:

No way, man. You had to save yourself after our bad first night, and we couldn't have interpreted that any way other than that someone saved your ass. You had virtually zero chance of convincing us otherwise.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #1030
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Really... the only bad move that I didn't agree with was your nightfall. All other ideas and tactics were of use to help sniff out the baddies. Any discussion is good discussion for the village. Your activity was a huge plus in my book.

Take "really" out of my response above... it makes it sound like I am agreeing with you playing bad. It couldn't be further from the truth... you were the scapegoat of good luck by evil.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:53 PM   #1031
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

And the wolves definitely knew that, too, Grover.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #1032
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

timmae, I could have held on to the Ter'Angreal but would have been wolf meat 100%. We were in dire straits so I had no choice but to gamble on you being Light. You played it perfectly...giving me just enough info but not too much. If the Blue Ajah had revealed that might have complicated things (I think I would have held on to the artifact in that case and taken it to my grave).
Old 04-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #1033
Raven
College Prospect

Yeah but the description of yellow made yellow sound like a bodyguard.
A wolf bodyguard sounded OP, so I also believed that timmae likely wasn't a wolf bodyguard.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:25 PM   #1034
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
Yeah but the description of yellow made yellow sound like a bodyguard.
A wolf bodyguard sounded OP, so I also believed that timmae likely wasn't a wolf bodyguard.

Good point!
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 PM   #1035
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I would a never got timmae.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:37 PM   #1036
Vaimes
Mascot

I think I voted him every Day but never really pushed it. ,_,

Last edited by Vaimes : 04-03-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Vaimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:39 PM   #1037
Raven
College Prospect

Thanks for hosting Autumn and Shoveler. Was fun even though we got stomped!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 PM   #1038
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

After literally stumbling onto callandor on the night one kill, I wasn't going to pass it on to anyone not on the shadow.

What nationality was Raven? Could the Tairens' have randomly passed it on to him.

By the way some of you on the side of the light did some excellent analysis. The wolves were prominent on the lists of potential baddies.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see how Raven's association chart would have played out. I was on every line. Lol. I'm guessing that means that I don't hide very well as a wolf.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:17 PM   #1039
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Fun game, guys. Thanks for running it. Congrats to the wolves. While luck was certainly on their side, they made sure to capitalize on it.

Someone go get EF. I want to know what the hell he was smoking on Day One with the crappy late seer reveal. He's normally a very strong player, so that was just weird.

Vaimes! Man, you did me in so wrong lol. I know, no way for you to know. I actually played a little more aggressive in this one because I wanted to draw the wolves' attack, knowing they couldn't kill me...when I had the cloak. I was going to make it out like I couldn't be NKd at all, and the wolves would have taken some time to figure out the truth.

One other underrated bit of Shadow luck--Martin and I are 9 time zones apart. We had PM rights but were unable to do much messaging/strategizing at all, since we were rarely in thread together.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:18 PM   #1040
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

Almost lynched him Day One. Instead, we lynched the seer. Go team!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 PM   #1041
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I would have.

:/
Old 04-03-2015, 11:48 PM   #1042
fontisian
College Prospect

General thoughts are that we needed to be clearer with information.

Grover, for example, needed to claim his ability up front instead of allowing the no-lynch to happen and also lying about it afterwards. EF needed to claim at least 10 minutes before the lynch.

The Vaimes lynch was also pretty ridiculous. No way does a scum!Vaimes claim to have retrieved the cloak thing after Chief's death.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:42 AM   #1043
MartinD
High School Varsity

Thanks for running the game, Autumn and Shoveler - was a lot of fun to play for the first time in a long time (even if the Light got pretty much every bad break going )
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:30 AM   #1044
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
General thoughts are that we needed to be clearer with information.

Grover, for example, needed to claim his ability up front instead of allowing the no-lynch to happen and also lying about it afterwards. EF needed to claim at least 10 minutes before the lynch.

The Vaimes lynch was also pretty ridiculous. No way does a scum!Vaimes claim to have retrieved the cloak thing after Chief's death.

I definitely agree on Grover. I would have been pissed, but it would have been better that I got lynched than no one (and Grover then being lynched the next day pretty much by default).

As far as Vaimes, you're right that dark!Vaimes doesn't claim to have retrieved the cloak from Chief, but if you read back he stumbled into the admission (and only that he stole from Chief...not realizing - hoping no one would notice (?) - that since Chief was the Warder we absolutely knew what item he yoinked). To me at least, it was mostly the idea that there's no way the Dark could be that lucky after Grovergate, then the awkward reveal was the whipped cream that made the pie look that much more irresistible.

Last edited by cheekimonk : 04-04-2015 at 07:31 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:44 AM   #1045
cheekimonk
High School Varsity

Also, in my book, the idea that other, deductive factors should still be validated even after a VERY highly improbable sequence of choices occurs will forever be known as the "Vaimes Postulate". I mean, that led to a triple kill! Think about that...
Old 04-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #1046
Autumn
Head Coach

Yet at least twice in this game highly improbable things did actually happen, and disbelief over this led to two villager lynches. I would postulate that an overreliance on probability often hurts the village.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #1047
Grover
Pro Starter

By the way, speaking of saying I was the Dragon Reborn, I actually had no idea I was a False Dragon.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #1048
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
EF.... want to know more about your vote switching on D1. When you switched to Jackal I almost followed your lead. You had me confused but it helped our cause.

It was for multiple reasons. I was curious about Jackal and wanted to see if anyone jumped on the bandwagon without more than an "I have a feeling" day one post. I also wanted to switch to you late. I was going to scan Jackal that night and was hoping that it would show after my eventual death that I either went hard after him (meaning he read as bad) or completely backed off him (good read).

Too much overthinking things on day one by the village. I would always rather have my vote anywhere but among one of the leads when I am also one of the leads. It gives me a chance to move it late. I had zero reason to suspect Grover so I really only voted him originally out of self defense. If he was the lone leader at that time I would have kept my vote on him.

As for the late reveal, I lost track of the time.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #1049
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
After literally stumbling onto callandor on the night one kill, I wasn't going to pass it on to anyone not on the shadow.

What nationality was Raven? Could the Tairens' have randomly passed it on to him.

By the way some of you on the side of the light did some excellent analysis. The wolves were prominent on the lists of potential baddies.

I'm disappointed that I didn't get to see how Raven's association chart would have played out. I was on every line. Lol. I'm guessing that means that I don't hide very well as a wolf.

I noticed that you were on every line also GG!! Depending on Raven's response I think you would have been the next lynch.

Raven, what analysis went I to your chart??!
Old 04-04-2015, 09:52 AM   #1050
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I would have.

:/

Yeah... Couldn't chance that! Sorry font!