Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #1
kcarr
High School JV

Starting from scratch(Detroit Lions FOF8)

The idea of the dynasty is I am going to sim through the first season, using often saves to guarantee the 1.01 pick. From there at the start of the offseason I am going to cut everyone on the roster leaving my team with no assets except for the first pick in each round of the draft. The only players I am allowed to add are those I draft and undrafted rookies. From there I will try to build up a dynasty as quickly as possible and see how long it takes me to become competitive, then win a superbowl, and then possibly more superbowls.

kcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
kcarr
High School JV

The first step was dealing with my Staff. My head coach, Dwayne Cash, was on a 1 year deal which I extended. He is good at Player Development, Motivation, and Scouting, and above average at Discipline and Interviewing. He is below average with Young Talent which could be a problem given my building through the draft, and is pretty weak at play calling.

My OC and DC were both on 4 year deals. Jeffrey Humphries, my OC is good with young talent and discipline but struggles with development and interviewing. My DC, Josue Gerth, is mostly average but is good at scouting and weak at interviewing.

My assistant and strength coach are both without contracts.

In the staff draft I stayed with my HC, having just given him a deal. On offense I made a change though, going with Carlton Barber, a West Coast coordinator specializing in Oline play. He is very good at Player Development, Discipline, Play Calling, and Interviewing but is weak at Young Talent.

On defense I went with Tony Emley, a True 34 coach with a specialization in Dline play who is elite at interviewing and very good with young talent and motivation with no real weak points.

At assistant coach I went with Nathaniel Compton who prefers an Erhardt Perkins offense and is average everywhere other than Playcalling.

My new strength coach is Hunter Kirkland who is very good all around
Old 02-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
kcarr
High School JV

Looking at the draft coming up with the first overall pick I have a tough decision to make. Holding just 7 picks and with an empty roster I obviously have a lot of holes to fill. At the top of the draft there are some very interesting options but will any of them be good enough to be worth what I could get in a trade for this pick. The top 5 choices from what I can tell are:

Darnell Mills, QB, Colorado: Not very well developed and likely will never be a great QB but should be a long term franchise starter. Has a really strong arm and is great throwing long passes, screen passes, and running a 2 minute offense. He struggles with short passes and accuracy though.

Conner Raymond, DT, Auburn: Somewhat developed with great 40 yard dash, strength, and broad jump numbers he is a great interior rusher in both strength and technique and is elite against the run. His game seems to have no holes and at 6'6" 317 lbs he could likely play anywhere along my front although would likely be better as a DE in my 3-4. Not a sexy position but he could be elite.

Roy Bensen, WR, Temple: A very well rounded WR with decent 6' 196lb size he should be an elite player and ran a sub 4.3 40 with also elite agility, drills, and intel scores. He should be an elite pass catcher

Fernando Rasmussen, CB, WSU: With prototype 5'11", 195 lb CB size and a 4.3 forty score he is a great press/man corner but struggles with zone coverage.

Darnell Howe, DT, NC A&T: A little light at 6'1" 298 lbs for a NT but with his elite run stuffing he is a prototypical guy. Less well rounded than Raymond though as he cannot effect the pass as much.

Given all this I feel it is between Bensen and Raymond. Both are very good prospects. QB is more important but I really don't feel Mills is the game changer I need and fielding a team with 53 rookies, mostly undrafted, I will be drafting 1st overall again.
Old 02-11-2018, 01:41 PM   #4
kcarr
High School JV

Looking at the draft coming up with the first overall pick I have a tough decision to make. Holding just 7 picks and with an empty roster I obviously have a lot of holes to fill. At the top of the draft there are some very interesting options but will any of them be good enough to be worth what I could get in a trade for this pick. The top 5 choices from what I can tell are:

Darnell Mills, QB, Colorado: Not very well developed and likely will never be a great QB but should be a long term franchise starter. Has a really strong arm and is great throwing long passes, screen passes, and running a 2 minute offense. He struggles with short passes and accuracy though.

Conner Raymond, DT, Auburn: Somewhat developed with great 40 yard dash, strength, and broad jump numbers he is a great interior rusher in both strength and technique and is elite against the run. His game seems to have no holes and at 6'6" 317 lbs he could likely play anywhere along my front although would likely be better as a DE in my 3-4. Not a sexy position but he could be elite.

Roy Bensen, WR, Temple: A very well rounded WR with decent 6' 196lb size he should be an elite player and ran a sub 4.3 40 with also elite agility, drills, and intel scores. He should be an elite pass catcher

Fernando Rasmussen, CB, WSU: With prototype 5'11", 195 lb CB size and a 4.3 forty score he is a great press/man corner but struggles with zone coverage.

Darnell Howe, DT, NC A&T: A little light at 6'1" 298 lbs for a NT but with his elite run stuffing he is a prototypical guy. Less well rounded than Raymond though as he cannot effect the pass as much.

Given all this I feel it is between Bensen and Raymond. Both are very good prospects. QB is more important but I really don't feel Mills is the game changer I need and fielding a team with 53 rookies, mostly undrafted, I will be drafting 1st overall again.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:01 PM   #5
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

1.1 with a QB is such a crapshoot. Seems like Raymond would be your safest bet.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:43 PM   #6
kcarr
High School JV

To open up the draft, after quite a bit of consideration, I went with Raymond Conner. The DT came in rated a 46 with an 84 potential and was considered very underrated. Disappointed it will not let me move him to DE but still should be a great anchor to the defense at NT and I will likely play him at DE some even if I can't change the position.

New Orleans came out and took QB Darnell Mills 2nd overall, 14/68, who was one of my targets. He, as I said, can likely be a long term answer at QB but won't be the game changer that I wanted.

Chicago went with Roy Bensen, the WR I was after, 3rd overall, and he was rated as a 48/71 to start, again a very good player and may show up more in the stat lines than my pick, but I feel like my pick will provide a better foundation.

Fernando Rasmussen, the CB I liked, fell to the 9th pick and the 3rd CB going to Cleveland. As a 40/70 overall he looks like he could be a very good player but again short of elite.

Darnell Howe, the other DT I liked, fell to the 14th pick and will be good value for Buffalo as a 48/66 overall.

To lead off the 2nd round I went with Washington State defensive end Tyrone Kelly, 27/63. At 6'4" 291 lbs he is a good fit for the 3-4 that we run. He shows a good balance of pass rush and run defense with the intangibles in play recognition and a solid motor to be a difference maker on the line. Our team will still suck going forward but this defensive line is coming together nicely.

Starting the 3rd round I went with C Frank Lehan from Virginia Tech, 23/62. He looks like a well balanced center and I feel as though it is important to get starters at least 3 rounds deep each year and he seemed like a perfect fit for that. This also fits the building from the inside out strategy that I have taken on here which will build us up for long term success.

In the 4th round I did not see anyone who stood out but a lot of guys I kinda wanted. As such I went ahead and talked to Washington and moved down to the 20th pick in the round adding their 5th and 7th in doing so.

At the 4.20 pick I went with the guy I had been eyeing at the top of the 1st, Gilbert Dodge 20/66, a LT from Notre Dame. Getting a potential 4th long term starter, and at a very valuable position.

At the top of the 5th I went with my first non lineman, OLB Adrian Arteaga 17/59, from Alabama. He looks like a potentially effective rush LB and ran a sub 4.5 40 at the combine.

At my 5.20 pick I added TE Joe Becker 27/48, from Boston College. He stood out with 33 bench reps at the combine and looks like a solid pass catcher who could be my team's receiving leader, at least until I find a WR.

At the top pick of the 6th round I went with a QB I had targeted early hoping to at least have a viable player at the position. DeAndre Henson from Missouri has decent size at 6'2" and 213 lbs and has what I saw as a good skill set for a late QB, especially with short, long, deep passes, reading defense, and running a 2 minute offense but I did not expect the 32/73 overall. He may not have anyone to throw to but he is at least good enough to give us some hope.

In the 7th I opened up the round with Colorado LB Gene Correia 27/51. He looks like a solid run stuffing LB who could very well lead the team in tackles and I am very happy to be adding this level of talent this late in the draft. He should be a real leader to this defense going forward and a solid linebacker starting for several years.

At 7.20 I went with a guy I had picked out as my last pick from the beginning as I could see he was a steal but was widely seen as a UDFA level talent. I could have waited and tried to sign him as such and probably could have gotten him but I wanted the 4 year contract on him. Tommy Criswell 23/75, a cornerback from Tennessee, is great in man coverage and has elite ball skills as well as being a strong run defender and should be an elite CB for a long time, especially only being 20 years old.
Old 02-11-2018, 04:46 PM   #7
kcarr
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
1.1 with a QB is such a crapshoot. Seems like Raymond would be your safest bet.

Yeah, was back and forth between the WR and the DT. If the QB prospect was elite, if it was an Andrew Luck level prospect, I would take him here but being the year to year just the top QB there I wasn't too heavily considering it and as it turned out was way better going elsewhere
Old 02-11-2018, 11:58 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Looks like you got a huge steal in Henson anyway.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:30 AM   #9
kcarr
High School JV

Going into the season, as expected, we have by far the weakest roster in the league. Here is what it looks like:

QB: DeAndre Henson 39/73, is our clear cut starter at QB. He is a running QB which will help him with our lack of weapons. He has a decent arm, solid accuracy, decent intangibles, and good legs much like Dak Prescott but without weapons around him. Behind him UDFA Ethan Bernard, 16/44, has the ability to be a well rounded backup and could even start in a pinch down the road and is another good running QB with a decent enough arm. Omar Thomas 7/36, is decent in the short passing game but is little more than a 3rd string QB.

HB: Corey Rasberry 30/43 is a solid power back who can find the hole hit it well, especially on 3rd downs, but offers little to nothing in the passing game and also lacks the endurance to be a feature back. Byron Winslett 33/42 is more well rounded and more suited to take quite a few carries but does not stand out in any area. Burt Wallace 20/28 has some big play ability but that is all he offers.

FB: Marcos Hoffman 24/42 is a decent run blocker but that is all he offers.

TE: UDFA Amos Perkins 27/43, has beaten out 5th round pick Joe Becker 25/37 for the starting spot. Perkins is a much better blocker and is decent at running routes and getting downfield. Becker adds some courage to go over the middle and is really good at moving the chains on 3rd downs. Brent Page 17/24, is a fill in at best.

WR: Without a single drafted WR this goup is expected to be a weak point but there are some players we are hopeful of here. Danny Clements 35/57, is a good route runner with a knack for making big plays and decent 6' 197 lb size. Bubba Wason 32/51, is smaller at 5'9" 191 lbs but is great at making big plays. Myles Orenstein is solid on 3rd downs and has some return skills but lacks the route running to get open and make a large number of grabs. Jacob Breeden 24/44, is a decent route runner with the potential for decent enough hands to be a possession player. Asher Martin 15/37, is basically just a fill in.

C: Frank Lehan 26/46 was a bit of a disappointment as he hasn't shown the run blocking to be a great center but he can become at least a decent pass protector. Daryl Williamson 15/35, is a well rounded but unimpressive backup.

LG: Kenny Weber 21/38 is a decent enough pass blocker. Parker Cordova 23/31 has decent strength but lacks technique.

RG: Dexter Mota 21/45 is a good enough run blocker but a liability against the pass. Leslie Howard 21/34 stands out in no ways but is even everywhere.

LT: Gilbert Dodge 26/59, is looking like he is very well worth the 4th round pick that was spent on him and is a well rounded prospect at LT. Lorenzo Barnard 26/32, has great strength but that is all.

RT: Nickolas Alexander 34/42, is good enough to get by in the short term and is a decent run blocker. Dustin Hanks 7/26, is barely holding a roster spot.

P: Dominic Howard 42/50, has solid hang time and direction in his punts.

K: Morris Alcott 31/45, is an accurate though not exceptionally powerful kicker.

LE: Tyrone Kelly 33/52, looks like a solid defensive end with the intangibles in reading plays and making big hits to be solid though he is only an average pass rusher. Jonathan West 21/31, is decent against the run but not a pass rusher at all. Dwight Swift 17/29, will not be on the team long.

RE: UDFA Clarence Boone has great pass rushing ability for a bigger DE at 6'3" 299 lbs. Luke McDaniel 27/40, will see some in the rotation and is good at collapsing the pocket with his rush strength though he lacks the technique to beat his man.

NT: Conner Raymond 49/76, will be one of the big strong points of this defense and looks to be worth the 1st overall pick. He is 2nd highest non qb on the green page and combines good run defense with great pass rushing technique and strength. Harold Winters 12/27, is a decent interior rusher but isnt good against the run.

SILB: 7th round pick Gene Correia 34/50 is good against the run and a big hitter. He will fill his role as the run stuffer in the middle of this defense and can do it very well. Daquan Burge 20/37, is good in zone defense and at reading offenses and could fill in if needed for the time being.

WILB: Braden Burnett 38/49, is a good coverage linebacker for a UDFA and will be a solid player for the time. Bart Woodson 12/33, is well rounded but not good at anything.

SLB: Riddocl Shillingford 11/35, is good against the run but lacks much else in the way of skill set. Gavin Ruth 19/29, has some coverage ability but that is all he brings to the table.

WLB: Adrian Arteaga 21/37, looks like a bust looking at his overall ability but does have some solid pass rush skills and will be our primary edge rusher this year. Caiden Rohde 17/39 is solid against the run and is can read plays and hit people but lacks any ability to effect the pass as a rusher or coverage player.

CB: Tommy Criswell 32/64, is an elite man coverage player with good ball skills who is tough enough to come up and play the run. Jeff Stacek 30/38 is another good man defender but lacks skills outside that. Bryson Kerr 20/35 is a press man corner without the endurance to play many downs. Stan Howe 36/44 is a good zone coverage corner but lacks the man to man skill to fit in with our other corners. Jeremiah Wynn 20/28 is okay in man coverage but that is all. Lee Givens 22/28 is just a roster filler.

SS: Johnnie Cash 14/41, is raw but is a big hitter who is good against the run and is a good punt returner. Rickey Norton 20/24, is just a roster filler.

FS: Josiah Troupe 22/43 is good against the run and good in man coverage but lacks most other skills. Elliot McIntyre 21/34, is good in zone coverage and should be a capable special teams player which will allow him to hold a roster spot.

LS: Reginald Olechowski 11, is a good enough long snapper to fill the spot long term.
Old 02-12-2018, 08:54 AM   #10
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 vs Minnesota:

This was a hard fought battle and very defensively minded for as big of a blowout as it should have been as we even took a 0-0 tie into the 2nd quarter and allowed no points in the 2nd half as well. They did jump out to a lead early in the 2nd with a long drive ending in a 5 yard rushing TD and then they added a couple FGs before we managed to get on the board as Asher Martin broke loose for a 27 yard TD grab. We ended up losing 16-7 but came away not too disappointed given our young team.

DeAndre Henson went 15/22 for 149 yards with a TD and ran 7 times for 38 yards. He was sacked 3 times and lost a fumble though. Byron Winslett ran 10 times for 14 yards. Joe Becker was our top receiver with 4 grabs for 30 yards and Martin added 2 for 30 and a TD

Gavin Ruth, Adrian Arteaga, and Gene Correia all racked up 8 total tackles and Conner Raymond had 3 tackles and a sack. Tyrone Kelly and Josiah Troupe each had a pick.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #11
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 at Pittsburgh:

This game was ost as expected as we were beaten down from the start and ended up crushed 54-13. There were some bright spots but our offense just never really got anything going.

DeAndre Henson went 10/20 for 95 yards and ran 3 times for 21 yards but threw 3 picks. Byron Winslett ran 7 times for 38 yards. Joe Becker again was our top pass catcher with 4 grabs for 45 yards but needed 11 targets to do it.

Braden Burnett racked up 11 total tackles and Tommy Criswell had a pick 6.

Morris Alcott went 2/2 on his FG attempts.
Old 02-12-2018, 09:10 AM   #12
kcarr
High School JV

Week 3 vs Dallas:

We again fought well early, taking a 7-6 score into the 2nd quarter and matching their 2nd score to some extent as well going to 14-9 before they finally got their act together and beat us 49-9

DeAndre Henson went 19/29 for 213 yards and ran twice for 12 yards and a TD but threw a pick, lost a fumble, and was sacked 3 times. Byron Winslett ran 9 times for 51 yards. Joe Becker and Amos Perkins each had 7 targets and both did well catching 6 for 90 yards and 5 for 77 respectively.

Braden Burnett racked up 8 total tackles and Gene Correia and Josiah Troupe each forced a fumble while Adrian Arteaga and Gilbert Dodge each recovered one.

Morris Alcott made his FG attempt but missed and XP
Old 02-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #13
kcarr
High School JV

Week 4 at New Orleans:

We finally took our first lead in a game as right after New Orleans scored their first FG Corey Raspberry broke open for an 18 yard TD run. From there the saints took over and beat us 40-9 but we at least showed early life again.

DeAndre Henson went 13/26 for 146 yards and ran 6 times for 24 yards but did throw a pick. Corey Raspberry ran 8 times for 42 yards but those included an 18 and 19 yard run, little consistency. A WR finally had a decent game as Jacob Breeden caught 5 of 9 targets for 59 yards.

Gene Correia racked up 9 total tackles and made a pick. Gavin Ruth also had a pick. Tyrone Kelly had 1.5 sacks, Conner Raymond added 1, and Luke McDaniel added .5.

Alcott again made a FG but missed his XP
Old 02-12-2018, 09:24 AM   #14
kcarr
High School JV

Week 5 vs Chicago:

After our bye week we were facing one of our best chances at a win against a 1-3 Chicago team in Detroit. They opened up with a long run and a pick 6 taking an early 14-0 lead but matched them in the 2nd with both teams scoring 10. They opened the game up with another Jordan Howard rushing TD and then another FG to go up 34-10 but we did mount a bit of a late push as Henson ran for a pair of TDs in the 4th to pull it to 34-24.

DeAndre Henson went 13/39 for 183 yards with a TD and ran 10 times for 67 yards and 2 TDs but did throw 2 picks. Byron Winslett ran 10 times for 110 yards and broke 5 carries of 10 yards or more. Amos Perkins caught 5 passes for 105 yards and Asher Martin caught 2 for 30 and a TD.

Gene Correia and Josiah Troupe each racked up 8 tackles. Jeff Stacell had a pick and Dexter Mota forced a fumble that Nickolas Alexander recovered.

Morris Alcott was 1/2 on FGs
Old 02-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #15
kcarr
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Looks like you got a huge steal in Henson anyway.

Yes, that should really boost the rebuild, though I imagine his first couple years will be very rough statistically as we can't protect him or let the offense hide his weaknesses in any way due to lack of other talent.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #16
kcarr
High School JV

Week 7 vs Tampa Bay

Another game more back and forth than our opponents should have allowed. We kept the game close initially holding Tampa to a FG in each of the first 2 quarters while we got one in the 2nd and then early in the 3rd to tie the game at 6. Tampa eventually did put together a long drive and scored a TD following our FG with their first drive of the 2nd half and then when Henson threw a pair of picks at the end of the game they added another TD driving a short field and won 20-6.

DeAndre Henson went 19/32 for 206 yards and ran 5 times for 28 yards but threw 2 picks. Byron Winslett ran 9 times for 33 yards. Danny Clements caught 4 passes for 99 yards, nearly our first 100 yard game by a WR.

Gene Correia racked up 10 total tackles and Caiden Rohde added a sack while Clarence Boone and Luke McDaniel split one.

Morris Alcott made 2 of 4 FGs missing a pair of long kicks and making 2 26 yards of shorter.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:56 AM   #17
kcarr
High School JV

Week 8 at Atlanta:

Again we were overmatched and Atlanta was able to control this game as some have failed to jumping out to a 14-0 lead in the first. We traded a couple FGs each with them before they capped it off with a Julio Jones TD and then ran it out winning 24-6

DeAndre Henson went 21/41 for 222 yards and ran 7 times for 48 yards but threw a pick. Burt Wallace was the leading RB racking up 17 yards on 3 carries. Amos Perkins caught 9 of 13 passes for 84 yards.

Stan Howe and Adrian Arteaga each had 9 total tackles while Elliot McIntyre had a pick. Harold Winters and Tyrone Kelly each had a sack and Caiden Rohde and Luke McDaniel split one.

Morris Alcott made both FG attempts.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #18
kcarr
High School JV

Week 9 vs Carolina:

Again we were beaten down early and barely managed to compete. The Panthers led 17-0 by the half and 27-0 before we ever scored and ended up winning 34-3.

DeAndre Henson went 12/20 for 120 yards and added 6 yards on 2 carries but threw a pick as well. Byron Winslett ran 11 times for 17 yards. Joe Becker caught 2 passes for 39 yards but needed 7 targets to do it.

Gene Correia racked up 11 tackles and Conner Raymond and Clarence Boone each had a sack.

Morris Alcott made his one kick from 40 yards.

Also, C Frank Lehan ruptured his Achilles and will go on IR

Last edited by kcarr : 02-12-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:40 AM   #19
kcarr
High School JV

Week 9 at Green Bay:

Another game where we should have been dominated but we managed to keep it pretty close. After the Packers scored first we managed to come back and drive 96 yards on 9 plays ending with a Corey Rasberry TD run. The Packers responded returning the kickoff for a TD. On our next drive we answered though as Myles Orenstein caught a 31 yard pass from Henson. The packers answered with a FG and we couldnt respond. They added another FG right before the half and took a 20-14 lead into the second half.

The 2nd half was a punt fest as Green Bay punted 7 times and there only other drive was the end of the game. We punted 5 times and turned the ball over on downs twice trying to score at the end of the game.

DeAndre Henson went 19/30 for 202 yards and a TD and ran 5 times for 18 yards but was sacked 3 times. Corey Raspberry ran 12 times for 59 yards and a TD and Byron Winslett ran 8 times for 69 including a 47 yard scamper. Amos Perkins caught 5 passes on 8 targets for 53 yards and Myles Orenstein caught 5 of 7 for 48 yards and a TD.

Gene Correia totaled 7 tackles. Conner Raymond racked up 2 sacks with total tackles.

Morris Alcott missed his one long FG attempt.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #20
kcarr
High School JV

Week 11 at Minnesota:

Facing division leader Minnesota on their home field is no easy task so in the first when we took advantage of a fumble forced by Josiah Troupe which Adrian Arteaga recovered and punched in a short TD run to take a 7-0 lead it was a big accomplishment. The vikings may have went on to crush us 34-7 but we won the first quarter anyway.

DeAndre Henson went 10/20 for 107 yards and ran 6 times for 37 yards but did throw a pair of picks. Corey Rasberry ran 11 times for 43 yards and a TD. Danny Clements caught 2 passes for 33 yards.

Caiden Rohde and Gene Correia each had 10 total tackles and Clarence Boone and Adrian Arteaga split a sack and Troupe and Arteaga teamed up for the fumble.

Morris Alcott missed his one FG

Cornerback Stan Howe broke his Clavicle and will miss the rest of the year

Last edited by kcarr : 02-12-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #21
kcarr
High School JV

Week 12 vs Baltimore:

Again we held tight for a little while and even led 7-3 after Corey Rasberry capped a 75 yard drive with a TD early in the 2nd quarter. 4 straight scores by Baltimore then gave them the game but we kept it somewhat close losing 33-18.

DeAndre Henson went 22/35 for 276 yards and ran 8 times for 55 yards. He did fumble once by Myles Orenstein picked it up and ran 23 yards for a TD. Orenstein also caught 7 of 12 targets for 78 yards and Amos Perkins caught 6 of 8 for 89 yards. Byron Winslett ran 10 times for 32 yards.

Gene Correia racked up 10 total tackles.

Morris Alcott made 1 of 2 FGs, both coming from over 40 yards.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:10 PM   #22
kcarr
High School JV

Week 13 at Seattle:

Going into Century Link field to play the Seahawks as a group of rookies is no easy task but we continue to fight. Early on we took the lead as Henson hit Amos Perkins for a 32 yard score. Seattle answered with a long drive ending in a TD but a missed xp leaving us up 7-6. We tried to add to our lead but missed a kick and when Seattle came back they missed one as well. Late in the half we did manage to add to our lead with a Byron Winslett TD run capping off a 55 yard drive. The second half both offenses failed to do anything until we finally put a long drive together and added a very short FG early in the 4th to go up by 2 scores. We then managed to hold on and win 17-6.

DeAndre Henson went 17/28 for 175 yards and ran 4 times for 37 yards but was sacked twice. That was good enough for player of the game in our first win. Byron Winslett ran 9 times for 26 yards for a TD and a fumble. Amos Perkins caught 5 of 9 targets for 79 yards and a TD.

Tommy Criswell and Conner Raymond each totaled 8 tackles and Raymond had 2 sacks and 2 hurries.

Morris Alcott missed a long FG and made a 22 yard try.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:42 PM   #23
kcarr
High School JV

Week 14 at Cleveland:

Coming off of a win we were riding high going into a matchup with 3-9 Cleveland. On top of that we opened the game with a lead scoring off a Bryson Kerr pick 6. Cleveland came back with a big 2nd quarter and took a 20-7 lead into the half. They then added a TD early in the 3rd before we took over big time with a FG and then a Johnnie Cash pick 6 and then a TD off a long drive and another FG to tie the score at 27. In the 4th a cleveland pick 6 and then a TD run after a long drive gave them a 41-27 win but not one we let them have easily.

DeAndre Henson went 10/27 for 85 yards and ran 8 times for 55 yards but fumbled twice recovering one and threw a pick six sealing our loss. He was also sacked twice. Corey Rasberry ran 10 times for 27 yards and a TD and Burt Wallace ran 4 times for 66 yards including a 53 yard run and a 12 yard run. Amos Perkins caught 3 passes for 41 yards but took 11 targets to do so.

Gene Correia and Josiah Troupe each had 11 tackles while Bryson Kerr and Tyrone Kelly each had a sack. Kerr added a pick 6 as did Johnnie Cash and Kelly forced and recovered a fumble. Clarence Boone and Caiden Rohde each forced fumbles and Jeff Stacell and Tommy Criswell each recovered one.

Morris Alcott went 2/3 making a 43 yarder and missing a short kick.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #24
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 at Chicago:

Chicago has turned it around since their slow start and look to continue it here coming into this game 8-5 and in the playoff hunt. We came out hot though scoring on our first as DeAndre Henson hit Bubba Wason for a 27 yard TD on our opening drive. We then added to the lead with a 59 yard TD run by Byron Winslett. With the 14-0 lead we went a little conservative and settled for a couple FGs while they scored a TD and a FG but we took a 20-10 lead into the half. They cut the lead to 3 with a 3rd quarter TD but we added a FG to push the lead back up to 6. They looked to take over early in the 4th when after they took a 1 point lead on a KaDeem Carey run they turned around and forced a pick and scored again to push their lead to 8, 31-23. Our defense took over though and DeAndre Henson put the offense on his back taking advantage of a short field off of a pick to lead a TD scoring drive hitting Myles Orenstein for a TD and then again for the 2 point conversion to tie the score. After getting the ball back off a fumble he then drove another short field and hit Joe Becker for what would be the game winner. Our defense sealed the game with a pick on Chicago's last attempt.

DeAndre Henson went 27/32 for 278 yards and 3 TDs and ran 4 times for 25 yards. He did throw a pick and was sacked twice but was good enough to win his 2nd player of the game award. Byron Winslett ran 8 times for 49 yards which is somewhat troubling as one of those runs was a 59 yard run meaning he lost 10 yards on the other 7. Joe Becker caught 5 of 6 targets for 95 yards and a TD. Danny Clements caught 8 of 10 for 67 yards. Myles Orenstein caught 6 of targets fir just 19 yards but scored a TD as well.

Josiah Troupe tallied 10 tackles and a pick. Jeremiah Wynn also had a pick. Clarence Boone and Braden Burnett each had a sack. Caiden Rohde forced and recovered 2 fumbles and Clarence Boone had one of each. Adrian Arteaga also forced one which Lee Givens recovered.

Morris Alcott made 3 kicks including a 51 yarder.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #25
kcarr
High School JV

Week 16 vs Cincinnati:

Coming off our 2nd win of the season we were facing a very good Cinci team looking for their 10th win. They took control early as we were unable to get any offense going and they coasted to a 41-3 win.

DeAndre Henson went 9/15 for 108 yards but threw a pick and lost a fumble. Corey Rasberry ran 10 times for 52 yards. Danny Clements caught 4 passes for 43 yards.

Josiah Troupe racked up 12 tackles. Gene Correia had 8 with a sack.

Morris Alcott went 1/3 hitting a 45 yarder but misses a couple from over 50.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #26
kcarr
High School JV

Week 17 vs Green Bay:

We opened up this game well with a TD throw from Henson to Joe Becker in the opening drive but the packers came back scoring 20 unanswered points to take a 20-7 lead into the half. We did add a FG in the 3rd but they added a pair of them to close out the game easily 26-10.

DeAndre Henson went 10/23 for 76 yards and a TD and ran 7 times for 44 yards but threw a pair of picks. Corey Rasberry ran 8 times for 34 yards. Joe Becker caught 5 of 12 targets for 37 yards and a TD.

Gene Correia racked up 14 total tackles. Caiden Rohde had a sack. Jeff Stacell had a pick and forced a fumble. Tommy Criswell and Josiah Troupe each forced a fumble as well and Gene Correia and Bryson Kerr each had a recovery.

Morris Alcott made a 46 yard FG and missed a 50 yard kick.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:35 PM   #27
kcarr
High School JV

On the season we went 2-14. This was better than expected, though not good. We had highs and lows but there are reasons for hope.

QB: DeAndre Henson went 246/438, 56.2%, for 2641 yards with 8 TDs and 18 picks. He also ran 84 times for 515 yards and 3 TDs but did fumble 6 times.

Ethan Bernard went 12/37 in his few chances for 140 yards and 3 picks

RB: Byron Winslett was our lead back with 144 carries for 527 yards and 2 TDs and caught 2 passes for 19 yards.

Corey Rasberry ran 138 yards for 409 yards but was more effective in the redzone and scored 5 TDs.

Burt Wallace ran 59 times for 219 yards and caught 6 of 10 targets for 100 yards. All 3 backs had 1 fumble each.

TE: Our TEs were very effective compared to the rest of our passing game. Amos Perkins caught 53 of 100 targets for 655 yards and a TD.

Joe Becker caught 49 of 97 targets for 642 yards and 2 TDs.

WR: Danny Clements caught 51 of 84 passes for 525 yards.

Myles Orenstein missed 3 games but caught 45 passes on 78 targets for 258 yards and 2 TDs.

Jacob Breeden caught 26 of 39 passes for 194 yards.

Martin Asher caught 15 of 37 attempts for 197 yards and 2 TDs.

Bubba Wason caught 10 of 23 targets fir 185 yards.

Oline: Nickolas Alexander made 23 of 76 key blocks but allowed 5 sacks.

Gilbert Dodge made 19 of 76 blocks and allowed 7 sacks.

Dexter Mota made 18 of 64 but allowed 8 sacks.

Kenny Weber made 16 of 67 blocks and allowed 7 sacks.

Daryl Williamson made 14 of 35 blocks and allowed 3 sacks in his half season.

Frank Lehan made 8 of 30 blocks but didnt allow a sack in half a season.

DLine: Conner Raymond made 68 total tackles and 7 sacks with 7 hurries, 5 blocks defeated, and a knock down.

Tyrone Kelly made 47 total tackles, 3.5 sacks, 11 hurries, 2 blocks defeated, a pick, a forced fumble, and a recovery.

Clarence Boone made 35 total tackles, 3 sacks, 7 hurries, 4 blocks defeated, 2 knockdowns, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Luke McDaniel made 30 total tackles, 1.5 sacks, 8 hurries, and 1 knock down.

LB: Gene Correia made 137 total tackles, 1 sack, 3 hurries, 1 pick, 5 passes defensed, a forced fumble, and a recovery.

Caiden Rohde made 80 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, 6 hurries, 3 passes defensed, 2 forced fumbles and 3 recoveries.

Braden Burnett made 65 tackles, 1 sack, 5 passes defensed and a forced fumble.

Adrian Arteaga made 74 total tackles, .5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 1 knock down, 4 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble and 2 recoveries.

Gavin Ruth made 59 tackles, 1 block defeated, 1 hurry, 1 pick, and 4 passes defensed.

CB: Tommy Criswell made 77 tackles, 1 block defeated, 2 hurries, 1 pick six, 9 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles.

Jeff Stacell made 54 total tackles, 2 picks, 5 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles.

Stan Howe made 38 tackles and 3 passes defensed.

Bryson Kerr made 22 tackles, 1 sack, 1 hurry, a pick six, 2 passes defensed, and a recovery.

Safety: Josiah Troupe made 116 tackles, 2 picks, 6 passes defensed, and 3 forced fumbles.

Johnnie Cash made 56 tackles, 1 hurry, a pick 6 and 2 passes defensed.

Elliot McIntyre made 43 tackles, 1 block defeated, 1 pick, 3 passes defensed, and a recovery.

Returners: Johnnie Cash returned 22 punts for 119 yards, 5.4 per and 5 kicks for 96 yards, 19.2 per.

Bubba Wason returned 38 kicks for 637 yards, 16.8 per

Kicking: Morris Alcott made 63% of his kicks, 19/30. He was 9/19 over 40 yards and 1/8 over 50. He went 16/18 on xps.

Punting: Dominic Howard punted 105 times for 4442 yards, 42.3 per and made a net of 35.5 per.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #28
kcarr
High School JV

Minnesota went on to beat the Patriots 30-17 to win the superbowl.

Gene Correia won defensive rookie of the year racking up some impressive stats. Conner Raymond was a 2nd team all league defensive tackle.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:51 PM   #29
kcarr
High School JV

We went through the staff draft without any changes.

Going into this draft we do not have a tough situation. While our biggest need is probably for an offensive playmaker to help Henson there is a guy at the top with 6 red combine scores, nearly perfect bars, and an as scouted interview, Justin Aleman, LB from Utah State.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #30
kcarr
High School JV

During free agency we extended quite a few UDFAs for longer contracts.

Going into the draft our biggest needs are finding an offensive weapon of some sort, WR or RB likely, finding an edge rusher, and I would also like to find another offensive lineman.

At the top of the draft we took Justin Aleman 39/88, LB, Utah State. At 6'1" 244 lbs he is a little light for the SLB position but he looks like a stud. He will start right away and should be a leader of the defense in a couple years.

Seeing a lot of talent at the top of the 2nd round I moved down to the middle of the round in exchange for the last pick of the 3rd and 5th rounds.

At 2.15 I went with the playmaker I have been looking for. Rusty Cooper 36/61, skipped most of the combine but did take the solecismic and scored the highest of any WR at a 43. The 6' 194 lb East Carolina pass catcher looks like a great route runner with the courage to go over the middle and the hands to avoid drops and adjust to the ball.

Watching the draft I saw a couple guys I was really looking at come off the board and started to get nervous. I ended up giving up my 3.01 and 4.01 to the Giants for their 2.24 and 6.24. With that pick I took the last real stud I saw on my board, DE Dashawn Mallow 35/72, who really fits the 3-4 DE role at 6'8" 302 lbs and being elite against the run but with really good pass rushing technique as well.

At the end of the 3rd round we went with Taylor Cates 40/61, who looks like a prototype weak side rush linebacker for our system. We had a hope with Arteaga who we drafted last year but he looks even better.

At the top of the 5th round we added Rutgers corner Camden Warhurst 24/47. At 5'7" 185 lbs he is small but brings good man coverage skills to the table.

In the 6th we went with LG Diego McKenzie 20/47, likely not a long term starter but a good depth option who could start this year.

At 6.24 we went with some LB depth taking Harding LB Marty Perkins 18/47. He has some good pass rushing skills and will fill in as a rush LB in places.

At 6.30 we went with RB Patrick Rodgers 31/41, a back with power and elusiveness and better pass catching skills that the rest of our backs.

At 7.01 we added another TE to our mix with Gabe DeLamielleure 22/49, who should be a solid pass catcher and the best route runner of our TE group.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:12 AM   #31
kcarr
High School JV

Going into season 2 there is a lot more hope around our roster. We were still 0-4 in the preseason but the talent is starting to show up anyway. We once again have a couple rookies on the Green Page and QB DeAndre Henson leads the page.

QB: Henson 54/73, is a very good player, even if he struggles some with timing and hitting mid range passes. His numbers werent great last year due to carrying the team but he is a talented QB. Ethan Bernard 20/43, returns as a backup and Omar Thomas 10/29 will fill the 3rd string role.

RB: There has been an addition here but we will still see a committee approach. Byron Winslett 37/42, led the team last year and likely will again with his strong elusiveness and enough power to run inside when needed. Corey Rasberry is a stronger runner but less likely to make anyone miss. He will get a lot of the goal line work. The one drafted player, 6th round pick Patrick Rodgers, combines both power and elusiveness with decent pass catching skills but lacks any big play ability.

FB: Marcos Hoffman 34/42, will be the guy again here and other than some run blocking ability offers little.

TE: Another spot with some talent added Amos Perkins, 36/43 and Joe Becker 33/38 are joined by 7th round pick Gabe DeLamielleure. Gabe brings some route running savvy to the table where as perkins is the better blocker and Becker is well rounded but does not stand out anywhere.

WR: A position with some excitement here Rusty Cooper 38/52 will be bringing great route running and the best hands in the group after being picked in the 2nd round of the draft. He will join big play threats Danny Clements 47/56, and Bubba Wason 41/49. Myles Orenstein 35/38, another deep threat, will likely be relegated to return duties. Jacob Breeden, 33/40, and AJ Browning 17/40, offer some possession ability.

C: Frank Lehan 33/44 looks to hold off UDFA Cooper Vergara 16/48.

LG: 6th round pick Diego McKenzie 21/40, will get the first crack here and is a well rounded prospect. Kenny Weber 31/37 is a solid pass blocker if nothing else and is waiting by to fill in.

RG: 2nd year UDFA Dexter Mota 33/44, is better than nothing here and is a solid run blocker. Behind him Leslie Howard, 25/35 is a better pass protector.

LT: The strength of our line Gilbert Dodge 44/57, looks to anchor our line. Behind him is fill in Lorenzo Barnard 26/31.

RT: Nickolas Alexander 43, is a solid run blocker. He will, for the time being, hold of Gerald Delgade 26/42.

P: Dominic Howard 46, returns offering solid directional punting and hang time.

K: Morris Alcott, 37, returns despite a mediocre at best leg.

LDE: Rookie Dashawn Mallow 41/72, looks to own this spot stealing it from last year's 2nd round pick Tyrone Kelly 48/53, who will play a rotational role. Mallow just offers more pass rush ability.

RDE: Clarence Boone 42/51, will likely split work with Kelly here playing most of the passing downs while Kelly plays running downs. Luke McDaniel 31/32, looks like the one to lose the most snaps in this rotation.

NT: Raymond Conner 60/78, was the key to anything this defense did last year and that will continue. Charlie Cooley 27/44, will back him up.

SILB: Gene Correia 46, benefited from playing right behind Conner last year and will do so again. Expect him to rack up tackles. Daquan Burge 29/37, may get some playing time though likely at the other spot to start with Braden Burnett being hurt to start the season.

WILB: Braden Burnett 50, will be the guy here once he returns but for the time being Burge will likely play running downs and rookie 6th rounder Marty Perkins 21/33, will play in passing situations as he can rush and can cover.

SLB: 1st overall pick Justin Aleman 38/83, can do everything and will from this spot. He will be an every down player. Riddick Shillingford 20/35, can fill in defending the run.

WLB: Rookie Taylor Cates 51/61, is a natural pass rusher and will fit well here. We are eventually expecting a double digit sack player at this spot. Adrian Arteaga 32/44, is a solid player too and will get some pass rushing work.

CB: Tommy Criswell 53/64, is our CB1 for the time being but UDFA Amir Baglien 39/63 brings a lot of intangibles to the table. Stan Howe 45, is another solid press cover guy who is good in the nickle. Jeff Stacel, 42, is a pure man cover corner. Julian Cutting 19/48 is a playmaker against the run and with his ball skills. 5th round pick Camden Warhurst is another pure man cover guy.

SS: Johnnie Cash 21/30, was a punishing hitter but looks like he lost out to UDFA Joseph McCrary 20/36, to start.

FS: Josiah Troupe 37/44, is solid against the run and can man cover which arent huge positional skills but he is better than Elliot McIntyre 22.

LS: Reginald Olechowski 12, is a solid long snapper.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:01 AM   #32
kcarr
High School JV

Week 1 at Chicago:

After a back and forth scoreless 1st quarter Chicago got on the board 1st with a long TD drive. We responded with a FG but the Bears came back out and hit a long pass to go up 14-3. We returned the following kick for a TD but Chicago scored on a 3rd straight drive and took a 21-10 lead into the half. He did cut into it a bit with a FG but Chicago pushed forward further with another TD. Justin Aleman tried to get us back into it with a pick 6 cutting the lead to 28-20 but in the 4th both teams were only able to add a FG and we fell short 31-28.

DeAndre Henson went 12/27 for 181 yards and ran 5 times for 37 yards but threw a pick. Patrick Rodgers ran 12 times for 32 yards but lost a fumble. Bubba Wason caught 2 passes for 5 yards.

Taylor Cates had 12 tackles and a sack. Justin Aleman made tackles and a pick 6.

Morris Alcott made 3 of 4 FGs including 1 of 2 beyond 50 yards.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:16 AM   #33
kcarr
High School JV

Week 2 vs New England:

We opened the game on a positive note as DeAndre Henson put together a good opening drive and hit Myles Orenstein for a TD. The Pats answered with a TD drive and then after some back and forth failed drives they broke in with another solid drive and a TD. Right before halftime though Gene Correia made a pick 6. Getting the ball at the half we drove right down and got a FG to take the 17-14 lead. The pats put together a 13 play drive to score a TD to answer but as soon as we got the ball back Patrick Rodgers broke a long run leaving us up 24-20. In the 4th quarter we added a FG on 3 straight drives as our defense held strong and we won 33-20.

DeAndre Henson went 14/25 for 179 yards and ran 3 times for 24 yards but lost both a fumble and a pick. Patrick Rodgers ran 17 times for 124 yards and a TD. Myles Orenstein caught 4 passes for 66 yards on 6 targets and scored a TD.

Joseph McCrary made 12 tackles and Taylor Cates added 10. Conner Raymond had 7 with a sack. Rookies Dashawn Mallow and Justin Aleman split a sack and each forced a fumble and Tommy Criswell recovered one. Gene Correia had a pick 6.

Morris Alcott won player of the game going 4 for 4 including a 54 yard kick and making all 3 XPs.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:27 AM   #34
kcarr
High School JV

Week 3 at Washington:

We opened the game well getting a stop and then driving 65 yards ending with Henson running in a 2 yard score. The Redskins answered with a TD and then we threw a pick and they scored on 2 more straight drives. From there they took over and buried us 38-7

DeAndre Henson went 14/22 for 107 yards and ran 5 times for 26 yards and a TD but threw 2 picks and lost a fumble. Byron Winslett ran 5 times for 19 yards. Rusty Cooper caught all 5 of his targets for 67 yards.

Josiah Troupe made 8 tackles and forced a fumble. Justin Aleman, Dashawn Mallow, and Clarence Boone each had a sack.

Morris Alcott missed his one long FG try.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:40 AM   #35
kcarr
High School JV

Week 4 vs Los Angelas Rams:

Within 3 plays of the start of the game both teams had thrown a pick. After 2 punts each Henson threw his 2nd pick of the game setting them up with a 3 yard drive punching into the endone. More comfortable playing from behind Henson came out firing and hit Myles Orentein for a 57 yard TD. Our defense then stepped back in making a couple picks holding them to just a FG for the rest of the half but that is all we were able to muster as well. The Rams opened the 3rd taking a 13-10 lead with a FG and then Chandler Jones made a pick 6 putting them in position to hold us off. A safety then pushed them up 22-10. We did get a drive late and Henson hit Perkins for a score but we were unable to get the ball back and lost 22-17.

DeAndre Henson went 28/54 for 262 yards and 2 TDs and 3 picks and ran 4 times for 33 yards. Patrick Rodgers was only able to get 4 yards on 8 carries. Myles Orenstien caught 12 passes for 117 yards on 15 targets.

Gene Correia made 12 tackles. Clarance Boone and Taylor Cates each had a sack. Stan Howe, Josiah Troup, Daquan Burge, and Tommy Crisswell each had a pick.

Morris Alcott made his only FG attempt
Old 02-13-2018, 08:59 AM   #36
kcarr
High School JV

Week 6 at Green Bay:

Coming off our bye week we entered a shoot out with the Packers. The packers opened it up taking a quick 17-0 lead as Eddie Lacy put a pair of TDs on the board. Patrick Rodgers broke free with a 75 yard TD to get us going and then we added a FG but they extended their lead with a TD on the kick. Henson then got it going leading a drive ending with DeLamielleure in the endzone and us trailing just 24-17. The packers opened the 2nd half with a TD and then we traded a couple FGs. Our defense finally stepped up with a couple stops and we added a pair of FGs cutting the lead to 7. The packers, trying to run the clock out put together a long drive and Lacy found the endzone again. Henson then led a drive and hit Orenstein with a TD but we were unable to get the ball back and lost 41-33.

DeAndre Henson went 34/53 for 391 and 2 TDs and a pick and ran once for 8 yards but was sacked 4 times. Patrick rodgers ran 15 times for 120 yards and a score and Byron Winslett ran 7 times for 80 yards. Myles Orenstien caught 12 passes for 155 yards and a score on 15 targets and Gabe DeLamielleure caught 8 of 10 for 86 yards and a TD.

Josiah Troupe and Taylor Cates each had 7 tackles. Diego McKenzie and Joseph McCrary each forced a fumble.

Morris Alcott made 4 of 5 FGs.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:11 AM   #37
kcarr
High School JV

Week 7 at San Francisco:

After a missed FG we went flat on offense while the 49ers dominated running up a 20-0 lead going into the 4th quarter. We finally got something going and Henson tossed a TD to Danny Clements and we added a late FG but San Francisco was able to hold on for the 2 score win.

DeAndre Henson went 18/29 for 209 yards with a TD and a pick and ran 4 times for 26 yards but was sacked 5 times. Byron Winslett had the most rushing yards of any back with 11 on 3 carries. Gabe Delamielleure caught 6 passes for 95 yards

Justin Aleman made 10 tackles. Marty Perkins only played on down but had a sack.

Morris Alcott made 1/2 FGs, both over 50 yards.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #38
kcarr
High School JV

Week 8 vs Seattle:

It seems whatever we have going on on defense, Seattle is a team we can shut down. In fact, their offense was so slow getting going that we took a 3-0 lead into the half and they didn't match our FG until more than half way through the 3rd quarter. We then responded right away adding another kick and after a couple more failed drives on each side they answered making it even with a score of their own. We went conservative and ran the clock down with a slow deliberate drive to end the game with a FG winning 9-6.

DeAndre Henson went 17/26 for 165 yards with a pick and ran 9 times for 60 yards Patrick Godgers ran 13 times for 70 yards Gabe DeLamielleure caught 7 of targets for 76 yards.

Joseph McCrary made 11 tackles and Tommy Criswell made a pick which got him player of the game.

Morris Alcott made all 3 FG attempts including a 51 yard try.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #39
kcarr
High School JV

Week 9 vs Chicago:

Facing an 8-1 Bears team we should have been over matched from the beginning and after we punted and they got a quick 3 points it seemed like maybe that was how it would go. We answered with a slow, methodical drive ending with DeLamielleure catching a TD from Henson to take the lead. Offense continued to prevail as they drove the length of the field to score a TD and then we turned right back around and went 81 yards in 5 plays and Rusty Cooper caught his 1st TD. Our defense then stepped up and did not allow any points in the 2nd or 3rd quarter forcing 6 straight punts and our offense managed another TD pass, Henson to Orenstein, right before the half. Taking a 21-10 lead into the 4th we were in position to be hopeful but the bears finally put together a long drive ending in a 1 yard TD throw and then they added a 2 point conversion. We held on for a while but they got a FG right at the end of regulation to push the game to overtime. We were forced to punt right away in overtime but came right back out and forced a fumble giving us the ball at the 36 yard line, nearly in FG range. Patrick Rodgers fumbled it away though. The bears went 3 and out but after forcing the punt Byron Winslett fumbled the ball away again allowing the bears to start already in FG range where they kicked the game winner to beat us 24-21.

DeAndre Henson went 17/34 for 150 yards and 3 TDs and ran 6 times for 48 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 14 times for 88 yards but lost a fumble that may have cost us the game. Myles Orenstein caught 6 of 10 targets for 49 yards and a TD and Gabe DeLamielleure caught 5 of 6 for 41 and a score.

Tyrone Kelly and Justin Aleman both racked up 8 tackles. Taylor Cates had 5, a sack, and 2 forced fumbles. Jeff Stacell, Tommy Criswell, and Joseph McCrary all forced a fumble but only Gene Correia was able to recover 1.

Morris Alcott missed his one FG, a 50 yard attempt.
Old 02-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #40
kcarr
High School JV

Week 10 at Arizona:

We started the game well making a pick but then lost a fumble which the Cards were able to turn into a FG. They then scored on their next 3 drives with another FG and a couple TDs. Our offense got going as well though with a pair of TDs during that stretch keeping it close at 20-14. Right before the half The Cards scored another TD though to solidify their lead. In the 2nd half we just couldnt get an offense going and they added a FG to win 30-14.

DeAndre Henson went 21/33 for 208 yards with a TD and a pick. He also ran 5 times for 32 yards but lost a fumble. Corey Rasberry ran 4 times for 5 yards and a TD. Patrick Rodgers was completely shut down losing 6 yards on 13 carries and that included an 8 yard gain.

Myles Orenstein caught 10 passes on 12 targets for 91 yards and a TD.

Gene Correia made 13 tackles. Braden Burnett and Stan Howe each had a pick.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #41
kcarr
High School JV

Week 11 vs Minnesota:

We exploded into this game as Myles Orenstien scored within a minute of the start. The vikings came back with back to back touchdowns before we put together a long drive to even it back up. Our offense just could not keep up and theirs did not stop. We did manage another TD before the half but they took a 27-21 lead into the break and they added another score in the 3rd. We eventually answered in the 4th to cut the lead back to 6. They finally pushed it back to 2 scores with a TD and were able to hold us off 42-28.

DeAndre Henson went 13/24 for 203 yards and 2 TDs and ran 11 times for 76 yards and a TD. Patrick Rodgers ran 13 times for 44 yards and a TD. Danny Clements caught 4 of 6 targets for 90 yards and Myles Orenstein added 3 of 6 for 73 and a TD.

Gene Correia had 14 tackles and a fumble recovery. Justin Aleman had 10 tackles. Clarence Boone had a sack and Tyrone Kelly and Conner Raymond split one. Kelly also forced a fumble as did Stan Howe and Amir Baglien.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #42
kcarr
High School JV

Week 12 at Buffalo:

Facing an 8-2 Buffalo team we came into an offensive onslaught. Buffalo jumped out to a 21-0 lead before we finally punched a TD in with 26 seconds left in the 3rd quarter after having punted on 9 straight drives. Buffalo was able to just maintain that lead and hold us off and we fell 35-13.

DeAndre Henson went 25/41 for 222 yards with a TD and 2 picks and ran 4 times for 39 yards but lost a fumble. Byron Winslett ran 6 times for 31 yards and a TD. Myles Orenstein caught 7 of 13 targets for 85 yards.

Gene Correia racked up 11 tackles. Amir Baglien and Justin Aleman each forced a fumble and Adrian Arteaga each recovered one.

Morris Alcott did not try a FG but only made 1/2 xps.

Danny Clements dislocated his elbow and will miss the rest of the season.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-13-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #43
kcarr
High School JV

Week 13 vs Tampa Bay:

We came out and drove a little ways on the opening drive. A great punt set them up at the 1 yard line but they drove the length of the football to score first. We answered though, getting a FG and then forcing a 3 and out and driving 83 yards in 11 plays for a TD. After a couple punts we threw a pick allowing them to get a FG and tie the score before the half. After tampa took control early in the 3rd with Cameron Brate's 2nd TD grab of the game. They held us in check until right at the end of the game Byron Winslett broke loose for an 18 yard TD to tie the game. Tampa got the ball to start overtime but threw a pick allowing us to drive down, get a FG, and win 20-17.

DeAndre Henson went 23/35 for 254 yards and a pick. He also ran 7 times for 40 yards and a TD. Patrick Rodgers ran 15 times for 73 yards. Myles Orenstein caught 6 of 10 targets for 53 yards and Jacob Breeden added 5 of 7 for 76.

Justin Aleman made 9 tackles. Jeff Stacell had 6 and a pick. Tyrone Kelly and Dashawn Mallow each got a sack and Conner Raymond and Luke McDaniel split one. Josiah Troupe forced a fumble.

Morris Alcott made 2 of 3 kicks including 1 of 2 beyond 50 yards.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #44
kcarr
High School JV

Week 14 at Miami:

Early in the game Miami got a FG to take the lead. We came back and added one on our first drive but after that our offense shut down with 8 straight punts. On the other hand Miami managed a couple scores. We finally got it going late but were down 20-3. We put together a long TD drive and then forced a fumble and got a bit of a drive going but ran out of time losing 20-10.

DeAndre Henson went 12/20 for 94 yards and a TD and ran 9 times for 73 yards but lost a fumble. Patrick Rodgers ran 9 times for 46 yards. Gabe DeLamielleure caught 4 of 5 targets for 40 yards.

Gene Correia racked up 12 tackles and forced a fumble and Joseph McCrary added 10. Taylor Cates, Dashawn Mallow, and Clarance Boone each had a sack. Braden Burnett also forced a fumble and Justin Aleman and Gilbert Dodge each recovered one.

Morris Alcott made his only FG
Old 02-13-2018, 04:15 PM   #45
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 vs Green Bay:

This game was a defensive slug fest from the beginning. After we scored a FG on the opening drive the next sever drives were punts. Each team got a FG in the middle of the 2nd. We finally hit paydirt with a Jacob Breeden TD grab late in the 3rd. We did give up a couple FGs in the 4th but held on 13-9.

DeAndre Henson went 21/32 for 226 yards and a TD and ran 5 times for 37 yards but also fumbled. Corey Rasberry ran 6 times for 28 yards but also fumbled. Rusty Cooper caught 6 of 9 targets for 70 yards.

Justin Aleman made 9 tackles and 2.5 sacks and Gene Correia added 9 with a sack. Clarence Boone also had 1.5 sacks and Tyrone Kelly had 1. Adrian Arteaga and Taylor Cates each forced a fumble and Stan Howe recovered one.

Morris Alcott went 2 for 3.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #46
kcarr
High School JV

Week 15 vs New Jersey:

After Patrick Rodgers got us on the board with a 53 yard TD run Geno Smith led the Jets to 3 straight scoring drives to go up 17-7 going into the half. We opened the 3rd quarter with a Byron Winslett TD run but the Jets added a FG and a TD with no XP to go up 26-14 and held on for the win.

DeAndre Henson went 11/19 for 143 yards and 2 picks and ran 7 times for 45 yards. Patrick Rodgers ran 10 times for 50 yards and a TD but that included a 53 yard run. Myles Orenstein caught 6 of 10 passes for 94 yards

Tommy Criswell racked up 11 tackles and a pick. Justin Aleman added 10 tackles. Joseph McCrary forced a fumble.
Old 02-13-2018, 04:26 PM   #47
kcarr
High School JV

Week 17 at Minnesota:

In this game the Vikings had more to play for than us as there was a shot that a win could get them into the playoffs, though the giants won too and beat them out. That something to play for showed as they came out fast and furious and buried us 33-7.

DeAndre Henson went 17/23 for 130 yards with a TD and a pick and ran 4 times for 22 yards. Byron Winslett ran 7 times for 21 yards. Rusty Cooper caught all 3 targets for 32 yards.

Joseph McCrary acked up 13 tackes.

Morris Alcott missed his one long FG try.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #48
kcarr
High School JV

Looking back on our season 4 wins was better than expected and we know there is nowhere to go but up with such a young team. There were some good performances but we will be better once they get more experience.

QB: DeAndre Henson went 297 for 497, 59.8%, for 3124 yards with 16 TDs and 17 picks and had a 300 yard game. Overall, much better passing than last year. He also had the 2nd most rushing yards of any QB with 65 less yards than Tyrod Taylor in 71 less carries. He gained 626 yards in 89 carries and scored 3 times but fumbled 7 times and recovered just one.

Ethan Bernard completed 5 of 10 passes for 19 yards and a pick.

Patrick Rodgers ran 204 times for 730 yards and 4 TDs and caught 9 passes for 48 yards but fumbled 4 times and only recovered 1.

Byron Winslett ran 96 times for 315 yards and 3 TDs and added 13 yards on 2 catches but lost a fumble.

Corey Rasberry ran 57 times for 146 yards and a TD but lost a fumble.

TE: This spot was a little less productive this year as we just had one guy take over but Gabe DeLamielleure caught 61 of 85 targets for 628 yards and 3 TDs.

Amos Perkins caught 18 of 23 passes for 98 yards and 2 scores.

Joe Becker caught just 4 of 15 targets but gained 61 yards on those 5 grabs

WR: Myles Orenstein racked up 91 grabs on 143 targets for 955 yards and 8 TDs

Rusty Cooper was decent as a rookie hauling in 42 of 71 targets for 462 yards and a score.

Danny Clements caught 25 of 41 passes for 337 and a TD before missing the last 5 games.

Bubba Wason caught 24 of 53 for 289 yards.

Jacob Breeden caught 21 of 33 for 204 yards and a score.

OLine: Nickolas Alexander made 26 of 86 key blocks but allowed 12 sacks.

Dexter Mota made 22 of 84 and had a pancake but allowed 5 sacks.

Frank Lehan made 18 of 69 and only allowed 1 sack.

Diego McKenzie made 15 of 45 but allowed 10 sacks.

Gilbert Dodge only made 13 of 64 and allowed 6 sacks.

DLine: Conner Raymond was down in sacks with only 2 but racked up 65 total tackles, 12 hurries, and 3 knockdowns.

Dashawn Mallow racked up 55 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 4 blocks defeated, 6 hurries, 3 passes defensed, and forced a fumble.

Tyrone Kelly made 43 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 7 hurries, and 2 knockdowns, 1 pass defensed, and a forced fumble.

Clarence Boone made 35 tackles, 5.5 sacks, 1 block defeated, 13 hurries, and 10 knockdowns

LB: Gene Correia racked up 132 tackles, 1 sack, 2 hurries, 1 pick six, 4 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 2 recoveries.

Rookie Justin Aleman made 116 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 block defeated, 3 hurries, 8 passes defensed, 1 pick six, 2 forced fumbles, and a recovery.

Fellow rookie Taylor Cates racked up 97 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 block defeated, 9 hurries, 12 knockdowns, 2 passes defensed, and 3 forced fumbles.

Braden Burnett racked up 46 tackles in 12 games and added a pick and a forced fumble.

Daquan Burge racked up 18 tackles, a pick, and 2 passes defensed

CB: Tommy Criswell racked up 77 tackles, 1 hurry, 3 picks, 4 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 1 recovery.

Stan Howe made 72 tackles, 2 picks, 3 passes defensed, 1 forced fumble, and 1 recovery.

Jeff Stacell made 62 tackles, 8 passes defensed, and a forced fumble.

Jullian Cutting made 14 tackles, and 5 passes defensed

Amir Baglien made just 6 tackles but 1 pass defensed, 1 pick, and 2 forced fumbles.

S: Joseph McCrary as a UDFA rookie made 118 tackles, 1 hurry, 7 passes defensed, and 3 forced fumbles.

Josiah Troupe made 95 tackles, 1 pick, 9 passes defensed, and 2 forced fumbles.

Returners: Amir Baglien returned 30 punts for 175 yards, 5.8 per, and returned 19 kicks for 634 yards and a TD, 21.9 per.

Kicking: Morris Alcott made 21/29 kicks including 8/15 beyond 40 and 5/11 beyond 50. Also he made 29/30 xps. Across the board not great but a lot better than last year.

Punting: Dominic Howard punted 100 times for 4301 yards, 43 per, and netted 37.4 per. Both better than last year.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:03 PM   #49
kcarr
High School JV

Chicago beat Buffalo 23-20 in the superbowl. Somehow, despite the loss Tyrod Taylor won superbowl MVP.

Justin Aleman won defensive rookie of the year.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #50
kcarr
High School JV

In the staff draft we lost our DCoordinator and signed on Leland McGee who is very good at play calling and young talent and above average at scouting and interviewing.

Going into the draft our biggest needs still include finding an offensive playmaker, a couple offensive linemen, and a safety. Our defensive line and QB spots are pretty much set and our linebackers are pretty close to set though we could add another inside linebacker and depth on the outside.

Last edited by kcarr : 02-13-2018 at 05:10 PM.