Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 PM   #751
Danny
Head Coach

I noticed that a bit too. If this hadn't ended the game, I was going to use Hoops wishy washy support but still voting for you as him knowing he needed two more lynches to win and not wanting to overly commit in his posts.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #752
Danny
Head Coach

Yes, great game Jackal! I think everyone had a lot of fun.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM   #753
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Thanks for running the game Jackal. It was fun.

Oh, and...

Let's Go Flyers!!!

Agreed. Actually watched the Watchmen movie for the first time during this game. I liked it. But I came away that you really need to have read the comic first. Not sure if I would have enjoyed it anywhere near as much otherwise.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #754
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, thanks for running the game Jackal!

PS. Did I mention that Liverpool won last Sunday?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 PM   #755
The Jackal
Coordinator

Today was fun for me because PF had been hinting he was going to use his power (shame he never showed up, hope everything is okay with him). The wolves on the other hand could have killed him at any point today, but had said they were going to wait until the deadline to cause confusion (and didn't know EF was going to be the runaway lynch target.

If PF had killed J to make things easier, it likely would've ended up being a fun hoops vs danny showdown, plus J would not have been able to kill him tonight, and they would've had to wait until tomorrow. But there's no telling who PF would have used the power on, and he had no idea how the wolves could kill him.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #756
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, I was worried that it would somehow end with us boxed in by not going for the sure wolf. But I didn't want to post some of the thoughts for concern that they might help the wolves with strategy.

I also hate when roles end up in people who don't use them - both as the moderator creating the games and a person who tries to help his team win. There were multiple times I got into "PF, you should do with this" mode because I was concerned that stuff was going to slide. And then we still see it happen.

EF, I really was trying to work through scenarios where you were a good guy. But you moaning about me attacking you, and manipulating things, while ignoring Danny did not help the cause. As Jeff pointed out, I was the only one trying to come up with cases to move votes away from you.

Next time, I'm going to take the sure thing wolf without getting cute. Then we would have had another day to play and potentially get things right. Not saying we would have, given the complete lack of trust between me + EF this game, but ending like this is frustrating.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #757
hoopsguy
General Manager

Danny, please don't make the quiet wolf your MO going forward. We don't need another person that hides from posting in these games I mean that in a kidding way towards Danny, but in a serious way towards overall game play. This isn't as much fun when people don't post. It might be more civil, but it is boring.

Jeff, on a related note it was fun having you around participating in the conversation over the past few days.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 PM   #758
Thomkal
Head Coach

First off thanks Jackal for running the game. You mentioned the lack of flavor already-that kind of took away some of the fun for me since I'm a big theme/flavor lover in these games. Good use of tying our powers/victory conditions, etc into the Watchmen characters though.

Second, aaaargh good guys, I understood the reasoning behind the final vote with the brutal and all, but it was a guess if he was the brutal or not, so you might as well have gone with that guess that at least would have gotten you a wolf. Instead you went with the guess of which one of the three was the cunning.

Third congrats to the wolves! So now I must ask the obligatory question-why was I the choice for your first night kill? Not angry or anything just curious. I tried to with my post where I mentioned the cultist conversion possibility to make it seem like I might be the cultist trying to signal you, but that obviously didn't work. But luckily for you Danny you took out the right target for one reason-I scanned EagleFan. I didn't know if I was the real seer or not, but would have played as if I was so he would have come back good. I felt like there was a good chance one of the people up for the lynch on day 1 was a wolf, and with EF eliminated, that left you and hoops who had some votes earlier in the day. I would have pushed to put you back up on day 2. Who knows how that would have turned out, probably with me getting lynched instead given my luck in these games, lol.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #759
Thomkal
Head Coach

yes yes Hoops about Jeff-after I voted for a guy on day 1 who hadn't played in a couple years-I'm glad you got the chance to fully participate in the game.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:43 PM   #760
saldana
Pro Starter

there was no reason Thomkal...we just pulled you out of the hat.

Thanks Jackal for the game, great job by danny and j23..i thought we were a solid team from the get go.

We got lucky with the scan of Lathum on night one and got jeff on night 2, and then pegged Chief as the seer first thing in the morning on day 3

CR, as soon as you posted your list, since i already got the BG and one of the lovers, i decided i was gonna push your buttons all day and try to make you reveal, since i felt expendable at that point...there is no way anyone that has played as many games as you have puts Danny and Hoops at the top of a trust list on Day 3 unless you scanned them...that was a dead give away, so i was just gonna argue with you and try to get votes on you, even if it killed me (which it eventually did, but not before you had to out yourself)

Jackal, great game, lots of fun..my only comment was that there were too many roled players, which made it easy for us to get singled out, especially since the only fake reveals we could have made would have been able to be validated. The only role that could have been bluffed was EF's since the game had to end to find out if he was telling the truth.

also, i have to apologize to Lathum...i honestly felt like shit when you saved me Wednesday night...i swear to god, that was the only night last week that i had my kids, and there is no way i would lie about that, but i know the only reason you saved me was because of that..which wasnt really fair..i didnt post that to try to get you to jump off me...it never occurred to me that you would change.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:54 AM   #761
Thomkal
Head Coach

Get a new hat please the next time you play, thank you very much. I guess I was too clever for my own good with my post since it didn't make you think I might be the cultist.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:25 AM   #762
The Jackal
Coordinator

Yeah, I probably should have had 1-2 more vanilla roles, but I just wanted to use as many of the roles I made as possible. Hopefully we experience a renaissance and get some bigger games going here in the future.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #763
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Today was fun for me because PF had been hinting he was going to use his power (shame he never showed up, hope everything is okay with him). The wolves on the other hand could have killed him at any point today, but had said they were going to wait until the deadline to cause confusion (and didn't know EF was going to be the runaway lynch target.

If PF had killed J to make things easier, it likely would've ended up being a fun hoops vs danny showdown, plus J would not have been able to kill him tonight, and they would've had to wait until tomorrow. But there's no telling who PF would have used the power on, and he had no idea how the wolves could kill him.

Ah nuts!!!

I am really sorry to the rest of the village. I was off yesterday (basking in the glory of a Super Bowl Championship!) and totally forgot to check-in to the game. As Jackal had said, I had asked a lot of questions about the instakill power and had fully intended on using it. At this point I can't say who I would have used it on, but I probably would have been leaning towards J23. It definitely would have helped us get closer.

Either way, very fun game, Jackal. Always fun to have such an important role - even if I did F it up in the end :-/
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #764
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yep, it is hard to be mad at someone for not being around the PC a day after their team wins the Super Bowl. Just not ideal for this particular day in this particular game.

(Sigh) We really were Andy Reid inside the two minute warning.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #765
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

woohoo! way to go wolves.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:12 PM   #766
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Barfy game for us villagers.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote