Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2021, 10:27 PM   #1851
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...mp/ncna1253546

And they're planning more violent coup attempts on these sites. This isn't about political correctness, it's about stopping the violent overthrow of the government. Twitter is right to act.

Not to mention how long have people been pointing out that Trump and a lot of his fans were violating Twitter, Facebook, etc Terms of Service? The line in the sand, where they actually enforced their own rules was the attempted coup.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:28 PM   #1852
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I wouldn't really complain if all politicians were required to remove their personal Twitter/social media accounts. As others have noted, these people have entire apparatuses explicitly dedicated to addressing the press and the public in the general, and their direct interaction with any kind of social media shouldn't even be necessary & serves to bypass/undermine the value of a free press to some degree.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 01-08-2021 at 10:37 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:35 PM   #1853
RainMaker
General Manager

The guy with the gun, knife and zip ties was identified by Twitter sleuths. Disturbing social media presence as you can imagine.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:42 PM   #1854
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Sterlingice, can you link an actual domestic terrorism bill that is being proposed by Biden? I see a bunch of fear mongering online, but I don't see anything that has actually been suggested or written by an actual official.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I thought someone had linked to it on here earlier today but I'm not finding anything now. I've tried Googling real quick and getting nothing either so maybe I'm just hallucinating. It's been a long week and I'm tired so I'm going with the "maybe I dreamed it up"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-08-2021 at 10:43 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:43 PM   #1855
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The guy with the gun, knife and zip ties was identified by Twitter sleuths. Disturbing social media presence as you can imagine.

Going down the Twitter rabbit hole of how he was identified is fascinating.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:51 PM   #1856
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Going down the Twitter rabbit hole of how he was identified is fascinating.

Which thread? I'm curious. Or was it the one I posted above and didn't take the right off ramp?

And are you talking about guy #1 or guy #2? Guy #2 (the older guy) was identified pretty quickly.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-08-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 10:54 PM   #1857
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Which thread? I'm curious. Or was it the one I posted above and didn't take the right off ramp?

And are you talking about guy #1 or guy #2? Guy #2 (the older guy) was identified pretty quickly.

SI

Guy #1

Your thread plus this one tells most of the story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MalcolmNa...20359303409669
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 11:04 PM   #1858
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

All of the fears of silencing people leads to violence need to come with an explanation of why not silencing people ended with insurrection.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #1859
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Guy #1

Your thread plus this one tells most of the story.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MalcolmNa...20359303409669

Yeah, just followed it again - a lot like the other thread that got guy #2

His Facebook has been deleted in the last hour but a lot of people kept the receipts and have reported him to the FBI.

It's particularly cute that he was caught because all summer he was an asshole to other people and they remembered him

We were able to match up Eric Mulchen’s videos because he spent his summer harassing Black and Brown people at Ida B. Wells Plaza in Nashville with his friends Curtis and Aaron. He is every bit as hateful as one would imagine.
— Opossum Press (@OpossumPress) January 9, 2021

(note: I'm pretty sure the Tweet above typo'd his name or he was using a slightly different name on his since deleted Facebook account)

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-08-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-08-2021, 11:42 PM   #1860
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The video of the cops getting crushed by the Rioters is chilling. That was probably the place the woman was stomped to death.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yeah that was disturbing even for me having seen plenty of death and destruction in my military service frankly. I think it was that these people doing this were our neighbors, maybe a few were that crushed cops fellow officers or off duty army soldiers etc. So, this whole situation does need to be taken more serious than it is by leaders on all sides. We have allowed this country to grow into a place with millions of armed citizens and that are armed with military grade weapons. Other than the military with heavy duty weapons ( gunships, Stryker vehicles, light anti personnel vehicles etc) even the our militarized police are not a match for them if we have 15000 of these wackos show to the capital on the 17th for part two or inauguration. I would just call this Civil War 2 and get to doing the terrible thing of cleaning this trash up across the country. It won’t happen but at what cost I fear whether next week or twenty years from now.

Last edited by Galaril : 01-08-2021 at 11:43 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:02 AM   #1861
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Not to mention how long have people been pointing out that Trump and a lot of his fans were violating Twitter, Facebook, etc Terms of Service? The line in the sand, where they actually enforced their own rules was the attempted coup.

Conveniently they changed their stance at the precise moment when Democrats took control of Congress and the Presidency.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:02 AM   #1862
RainMaker
General Manager

New Yorker found another guy.

An Air Force Combat Veteran Breached the Senate and Descended on Nancy Pelosi’s Office Suite | The New Yorker
Old 01-09-2021, 12:08 AM   #1863
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that story was put together with a lot of help from the thread I posted above:

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status...11413101998080

SI

Old 01-09-2021, 12:13 AM   #1864
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, that story was put together with a lot of help from the thread I posted above:

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status...11413101998080

SI

It really was fascinating reading through that thread with how effectively it was all put together.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 12:20 AM   #1865
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I spent more than an hour reading those threads tonight. It was so interesting.

SI

Old 01-09-2021, 12:29 AM   #1866
RainMaker
General Manager

That thread is wild. Some real clever investigating.
Old 01-09-2021, 12:32 AM   #1867
RainMaker
General Manager

I enjoy right-wingers calling what Twitter did communism when it is a result of capitalism.
Old 01-09-2021, 01:18 AM   #1868
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I enjoy right-wingers calling what Twitter did communism when it is a result of capitalism.

Not even mentioning the ironic fact that if you dare post any of that "lefty crap" on Parler you get blocked/booted with a swiftness.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 01:44 AM   #1869
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Twitter permanently suspends @TeamTrump after string of Trump tweets

It's now a game of Whack-A-Troll
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 02:00 AM   #1870
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Google just removed Parler from the Play Store
Old 01-09-2021, 02:16 AM   #1871
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Rush Limbaugh deactivates his Twitter account after President Trump permanently banned

saves them the trouble
Old 01-09-2021, 02:30 AM   #1872
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 01-09-2021, 02:31 AM   #1873
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm really frightened by the zipties. He no doubt wants to use them to tie people up
Old 01-09-2021, 02:52 AM   #1874
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 01-09-2021, 03:02 AM   #1875
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I'm really frightened by the zipties. He no doubt wants to use them to tie people up

FWIW the details emerging around zip-tie man #1 and #2 make it seems like both legitimately could have gotten those zip ties from abandoned capitol police equipment. Who knows what they would have done with them had the situation been any different in any number of ways, but it does appear like there's a chance they didn't arrive intending to take hostages with those exact handties, at least, for whatever tiny, tiny speck of solace that is worth?
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:14 AM   #1876
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Video clearly shows Rep. Mike Nearman helping right-wing demonstrators breach Oregon Capitol - oregonlive.com

That is such white privilege right there.
Yet again. DUde hits an officer and doesn't even geet slammed to the ground in handcuffs, just pushed out the door.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-09-2021 at 03:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 03:34 AM   #1877
whomario
Pro Starter

Lauren Boebert on a rally: "... Elections we are gonna be loosing, unless we win the hearts and minds of our childre. This is the battle. Hitler was right about one thing: Whoever has the Youth has the future"

For a representative of a demonstrably right wing party with a large element of fascistic tendencies and an unhealthy obsession with learning the "right history" they sure like to go on a lot of diatribes of indoctrinated youth and how they need to prevent that (often by essentially proposing to indoctrinate them, but with the 'right' stuff). But their use of quotable figures couldn't be more ironic if they tried. Like, guys: Do make an effort, please ?
Here's one: "Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world." - Vladimir Lenin.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 03:46 AM   #1878
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

@whomario, you are the perfect person to watch this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJy-aunn...ouiy8B2NVCqOoU
Old 01-09-2021, 03:52 AM   #1879
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Things I didn't realize existed

Old 01-09-2021, 04:07 AM   #1880
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
@whomario, you are the perfect person to watch this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJy-aunn...ouiy8B2NVCqOoU

Not without an instagram account aparently
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 04:43 AM   #1881
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Not without an instagram account aparently

yeah instagram is a pain in the ass it seems

Watch here then:

SuperMario on Vimeo
Old 01-09-2021, 04:58 AM   #1882
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Trump does more Trump things.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-09-2021 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:17 AM   #1883
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Trump supporters confront and scream at Sen. Lindsey Graham

Yikes! Absolutely didn't see this coming. first Pence and now Graham. The cultists really want their blood

I'd say they deserve it but no they don't deserve to be threatened like this.
We really really really need to stop just letting this go and just arrest people like this for the criminals they are.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-09-2021 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:27 AM   #1884
Flasch186
Coordinator

They're transitioning...

From figthing to save an election to fighting to save our country

Now those pushing back and shutting down their means to coordinate another attempt to overthrow the government are just one more reason we're turning that fast into Venezuela (not Russia of course).

They need to really protect our stuff.

Remember when the FBI said White Nationialist Malitias were our greatest threat and congress yawned?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:12 AM   #1885
Jukeman
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Not having a social media platform is not the same as "being silenced". Let's not go crazy and lose all perspective here.

There is no fundamental right to Twitter, Facebook, or fucking Parler

This wasn’t a big deal when Twitter & Facebook started banning all of those so called isis accounts.
Jukeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:12 AM   #1886
Edward64
Head Coach

This is pretty cool. Kudos to the guy.

He was actually accused as being part of the group but the woman later backed him up and said he was helping.

Black woman attacked by Trump supporters at LA Stop the Steal rally | Daily Mail Online
Quote:
Pictures have captured the moment a white Trump supporter reportedly came to a black woman's aid after an angry mob of MAGA fans attacked her, ripped off her wig, and called her the N-word during a 'Stop the Steal' rally in Los Angeles .

Berlinda Nibo, 25, had been walking past the pro-Trump protest on her way home on Wednesday when she began to be harassed by members of the crowd outside LA City Hall asking her if she voted for the president.

But the crowd soon became violent and Nibo was attacked and pepper-sprayed in the face multiple times.

The black woman, who was alone, had been left virtually defenseless until finally receiving help from an unlikely source. A nearby white man - identified online as Roy Ball - who had been attending the event stepped in to give her a bear hug and managed to pull her to safety.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-09-2021 at 09:15 AM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:20 AM   #1887
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...tter-protests/

Quote:
Twitter’s extraordinary action against President Trump Friday night was driven both by the deadly rampage of his supporters in Washington and what the company said was a looming “secondary attack” on the U.S. Capitol and state government facilities next weekend — a finding that tracks with the open threats of violence independent researchers have also found across the Web.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:29 AM   #1888
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Trump supporters confront and scream at Sen. Lindsey Graham

Yikes! Absolutely didn't see this coming. first Pence and now Graham. The cultists really want their blood

I'd say they deserve it but no they don't deserve to be threatened like this.
We really really really need to stop just letting this go and just arrest people like this for the criminals they are.

They deserve everything they get and then some. They created this monster and now that it is turning on them too fucking bad.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #1889
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Quote:
Both Google and Apple have come under pressure to remove the app, which is known for having less moderation and as a conservative-friendly alternative to other social media platforms

This is how the article describes the platform. Kind of underselling it a bit.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:46 AM   #1890
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
They deserve everything they get and then some. They created this monster and now that it is turning on them too fucking bad.

And the worst part about it is they still won't change. They will keep saying and doing the same things.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:50 AM   #1891
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch ban Donald Trump

Snapchat and Twitch joined the Trump ban. Sad he won't be able to post pictures of himself as a unicorn nor show his livestream of Call of Duty

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 01-09-2021 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 09:56 AM   #1892
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Lauren Boebert on a rally: "... Elections we are gonna be loosing, unless we win the hearts and minds of our childre. This is the battle. Hitler was right about one thing: Whoever has the Youth has the future"

For a representative of a demonstrably right wing party with a large element of fascistic tendencies and an unhealthy obsession with learning the "right history" they sure like to go on a lot of diatribes of indoctrinated youth and how they need to prevent that (often by essentially proposing to indoctrinate them, but with the 'right' stuff). But their use of quotable figures couldn't be more ironic if they tried. Like, guys: Do make an effort, please ?
Here's one: "Give me just one generation of youth, and I'll transform the whole world." - Vladimir Lenin.

Usually this would be a flippant answer but I'm 100% serious this time.

If you quoted Lenin, you'd be quoting a commie or a socialist. So to her and her ilk, Hitler is more acceptable. To wit: She'd rather quote modern history's greatest monster because he's led bad in their eyes than this fake socialist brush they're trying to paint everyone else with.

SI

Old 01-09-2021, 09:57 AM   #1893
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And the worst part about it is they still won't change. They will keep saying and doing the same things.

It's just a recalibration. They went "whoops, just a little too far". So they're going to take one or two steps back, distance themselves from the specific event that was "too far", wait for everyone to forget how bad this was, and then keep spouting the same rhetoric.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-09-2021 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:42 AM   #1894
kingfc22
Head Coach

http://twitter.com/alexblagg/status/1347782726858928129

Couldn’t be happier for them
Old 01-09-2021, 10:49 AM   #1895
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post

https://twitter.com/sadienovello/sta...74943430283264

SI

Old 01-09-2021, 10:59 AM   #1896
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

SI

Old 01-09-2021, 11:35 AM   #1897
Drake
assmaster

First ten minutes of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh6oGqmdd5c

It's Tucker Carlson parsing the events in Washington with the thesis that the elites in the Republican party despise the "proles" (i.e., the working class folks).

For a party that has used combating Marxism as their battle cry for the last forever, it's fascinating to me that Carlson is turning the events at the Capitol and the aftermath into a Marxist narrative and fanning the flames of a class war.

I'm just sort of...flabbergasted that this is the play.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2021, 11:42 AM   #1898
RainMaker
General Manager

Reminder that nurses who stopped to help injured people during the inauguration protests were charged with crimes that could put them away for 60 years.

Old 01-09-2021, 11:44 AM   #1899
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I can't imagine more charges aren't coming
Old 01-09-2021, 11:46 AM   #1900
Flasch186
Coordinator

There’s so many possible plot twists coming up I just can’t believe it.

Until someone takes over at d Doj dod fbi etc they’ve got about 15 days of unfettered anger to let out

Then the crackdown can begin on the revolutionaries that are crying that they’re the Patriots saving the country

Pretty unbelievable that one side literally views their side as the saviors while the order side feels the exact same way. Insane times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote