Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2024, 03:14 PM   #1
NYC13
n00b

Runtime Error - FOF9

Hi all, recently I used task manager to exit in the middle of a game because the results were just too insane (think one team had like 6 turnovers and another had 8, multiple special team return TDs, a blocked kick, etc.). Obviously should have just disabled autosave on exit and then I could exit manually, but didn't think about that at the time lol.

Now when trying to load the save I get a runtime error. So I think exiting via task manager must have disrupted something and cause the save file to corrupt somehow.

Has anyone ever been in this situation and found a fix for it? Are there any non-critical files that might be corrupted from it that I could delete without losing much data in my save for example? Or am I SOL?

Thanks for any feedback you can provide!

NYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:04 AM   #2
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Yes this haopens to me and is the usual reason my 'save' ends. I've reported the issue and sent in a file.

You should do that, too.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 02:13 PM   #3
NYC13
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
Yes this haopens to me and is the usual reason my 'save' ends. I've reported the issue and sent in a file.

You should do that, too.

Thanks for the reply. My theory on it has been that there must be some sort of data being written/saved in real time while a game is being played...otherwise why would ending the FOF 9 application mid-game cause save corruption right? Unless I'm totally off base there.

Which was why I thought maybe if there is a specific piece of info being saved/written maybe we could identify the specific file and continue the save without it and maybe just lose some historical data if the file was tracking certain stats or something like that.
NYC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:04 PM   #4
KingZal
n00b

When you're playing a match, FOF9 saves "recap" information in real time as the match progresses. This is what support told me in an email:

In order to make certain types of recapping possible, the file generating the recap is automatically saved as soon as a play is run. A save preserves the complete game state at the time of the save, which should wind up keeping overall stats correct, but changes to the recap file can't be undone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is why your save got messed up. Even saving midmatch, running a few plays, and reloading your save will do weird shit to your recap files.

Last edited by KingZal : 04-19-2024 at 12:04 PM.
KingZal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:56 AM   #5
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingZal View Post
When you're playing a match, FOF9 saves "recap" information in real time as the match progresses. This is what support told me in an email:

In order to make certain types of recapping possible, the file generating the recap is automatically saved as soon as a play is run. A save preserves the complete game state at the time of the save, which should wind up keeping overall stats correct, but changes to the recap file can't be undone.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is why your save got messed up. Even saving midmatch, running a few plays, and reloading your save will do weird shit to your recap files.

This is not true of my saves. All games have been finished--I don't play ANY games out--and often I am in the offseason.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:12 AM   #6
KingZal
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
This is not true of my saves. All games have been finished--I don't play ANY games out--and often I am in the offseason.
Damn, good to know. Now I wonder what else could cause it - universe changes? I play with a 16 game schedule
KingZal is offline   Reply With Quote