Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2017, 01:22 PM   #4551
Thomkal
Head Coach

pays to keep an eye on Gog.com's big sales. For the next 40 hours or so get Fantasy General for free. Now its a 1996 SSI game, so probably shouldn't expect much, but hey its free!
Old 06-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #4552
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Steam has Tyranny for 50% off. Any opinions on the game?

I didn't like it much at all.. played like 2-3 hours and uninstalled it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:59 PM   #4553
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Dead Cells is pretty glorious. Metroidvania / Roguelike combo, it reminds me a lot of Rogue Legacy; the graphics are quite a bit less cartoony, though still 16-bit in style. The combat and action is much more fluid, and the weapon-item system (two weapons, two special ability items at a time) makes for awesome gameplay choices that encourages you to try many different styles of weapon, even within the same playthrough.

As you go you unlock more things, so you gradually gain in power and explore more. The game is in early access, but it feels incredibly polished already.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #4554
frnk55
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I didn't like it much at all.. played like 2-3 hours and uninstalled it.

Same here. It felt strange and almost science fiction like. Very weird.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:30 AM   #4555
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think the Summer Sale starts this week, on the 22nd. I'm sure I'll once again manage to spend $20-50 on games I'll mostly never play :P
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:18 AM   #4556
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Dead Cells is pretty glorious. Metroidvania / Roguelike combo, it reminds me a lot of Rogue Legacy; the graphics are quite a bit less cartoony, though still 16-bit in style. The combat and action is much more fluid, and the weapon-item system (two weapons, two special ability items at a time) makes for awesome gameplay choices that encourages you to try many different styles of weapon, even within the same playthrough.

As you go you unlock more things, so you gradually gain in power and explore more. The game is in early access, but it feels incredibly polished already.

I've played this the last two nights and am having a blast with it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:07 AM   #4557
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Master of Orion: CTS is 50% off - a steal at that price if you like 4x TBS games.

It's not a super deep 4x game but it is a fun, quick paced TBS game for those like me with time spurts instead of one large chunk of sit down time.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 06-21-2017 at 08:07 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #4558
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I've played this the last two nights and am having a blast with it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Any time! I've also hooked my brother. It's funny to see our playstyles differ so much immediately; I am absolutely dedicated to the idea of a shield while he goes for the frost spell any time he possibly can.

I've put in about 7 hours and per the achievements still have two full 'levels' that I haven't even gotten to, and one that I've barely scratched the surface of. I think the only part of the game that really feels like early access is the size / length of the game; the runes that you can acquire to open up different areas (the metroid-vania aspect of the game) are somewhat lacking, as there are only two.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:34 AM   #4559
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Any time! I've also hooked my brother. It's funny to see our playstyles differ so much immediately; I am absolutely dedicated to the idea of a shield while he goes for the frost spell any time he possibly can.

I suck with shield and bow both so far. I had my best and most fun run last night, I ended up with.. the ability that drops some AE fire on the ground in place of a shield, combined with a flash bang and ice grenade. Throw all three of those at a group of enemies and they would get stunned, take decent damage up front and then burn to death. I'd just try to throw all three abilities simultaneously then move to safety. I had a Blood Sword for additional bleed damage if I needed to attack but I rarely had to.

Quote:
I've put in about 7 hours and per the achievements still have two full 'levels' that I haven't even gotten to, and one that I've barely scratched the surface of. I think the only part of the game that really feels like early access is the size / length of the game; the runes that you can acquire to open up different areas (the metroid-vania aspect of the game) are somewhat lacking, as there are only two.

Ahhh, I just looked up the number of levels, and yeah there are not many yet, hopefully adding a bunch more is a big part of the development going forward. In the run I mentioned last night I made it through the sewers killed the bridge boss and died eventually in Fog Fjord. I've been into ramparts a couple times but died there. The sewer was scary and I was just looking to exit and spend my cells so I didn't fully explore it. Still, it seems likely that I'll power up relatively quickly to be able to get to the current end.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #4560
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
I suck with shield and bow both so far. I had my best and most fun run last night, I ended up with.. the ability that drops some AE fire on the ground in place of a shield, combined with a flash bang and ice grenade. Throw all three of those at a group of enemies and they would get stunned, take decent damage up front and then burn to death. I'd just try to throw all three abilities simultaneously then move to safety. I had a Blood Sword for additional bleed damage if I needed to attack but I rarely had to.

Ahhh, I just looked up the number of levels, and yeah there are not many yet, hopefully adding a bunch more is a big part of the development going forward. In the run I mentioned last night I made it through the sewers killed the bridge boss and died eventually in Fog Fjord. I've been into ramparts a couple times but died there. The sewer was scary and I was just looking to exit and spend my cells so I didn't fully explore it. Still, it seems likely that I'll power up relatively quickly to be able to get to the current end.

I want to try bows, but I'm addicted to the starter and the balanced sword. I love the speed at which I can attack!

Yeah, I've made it to the graveyard a couple times, but I die almost immediately. I think a lot of my problem is that I waffle between speed runs so I can open the timed doors and full exploration so I can level up my guy. I should probably just go full exploration until I get further.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 06-21-2017 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #4561
Radii
Head Coach

I haven't tried to get to any of the timed doors yet.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Dead Cells

Looks like there was a post yesterday about a new "biome" on the way... a new level. That's good news. I wonder how many more explorable areas/biomes/levels they are hoping to add before they consider the game complete.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #4562
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Hopes for summer sale?

Hoping for discount to Pu:Battlegrounds, Friday the 13th:The game, Starbound(i keep missing deals on it)
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 09:28 AM   #4563
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
I haven't tried to get to any of the timed doors yet.

Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Dead Cells

Looks like there was a post yesterday about a new "biome" on the way... a new level. That's good news. I wonder how many more explorable areas/biomes/levels they are hoping to add before they consider the game complete.

Yup, I saw that too. Good news!
Old 06-22-2017, 12:04 PM   #4564
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's on.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:38 PM   #4565
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Dead Cells is it best to play with keyboard and mouse or a controller?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #4566
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

It's a 2D action platformer, so probably controller. That being said, my controller has been missing and I'm still enjoying the hell out of it with keyboard and mouse.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:25 PM   #4567
Thomkal
Head Coach

Shadow of Mordor-80% off for Steam sale-$3.99
Old 06-22-2017, 02:17 PM   #4568
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Well, Starbound is on sale.. not at the deep discount i would have liked.. still no movement on pubg or f13th.. but its not even sale start time actually.. so who knows?
Old 06-22-2017, 03:15 PM   #4569
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Do the prices change from day to day like previous years, or will they be static for the duration of the sale?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 03:43 PM   #4570
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Do the prices change from day to day like previous years, or will they be static for the duration of the sale?

from my understanding, it's static with some specials sprinkled throughout craig
Old 06-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #4571
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Ooh just noticed motorsports manager down to 10 bucks as well.. if one of the bigger ticket items doesn't go on sale for me, might go motorsports and starbound
Old 06-22-2017, 04:06 PM   #4572
frnk55
High School Varsity

Well Mizzaourah what games are you going to talk me into during the sale?
Right now Steam is getting hammered.
frnk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 PM   #4573
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so what's with the new steam cards?

is it you get one when you craft a different badge?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:01 PM   #4574
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone View Post
Well, Starbound is on sale.. not at the deep discount i would have liked.. still no movement on pubg or f13th.. but its not even sale start time actually.. so who knows?

The best sale on pubg that I've seen was on gmg (27% off) a few days ago. Really fun game solo. One of the best experiences you'll have playing as a duo or more IMO.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #4575
PilotMan
Head Coach

Wow Urban Empire was one of the biggest misses after looking so promising. It's just been killed in the reviews.

Like Steam?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:12 PM   #4576
PilotMan
Head Coach

It's crazy that Steam got almost 13M users when the sale went live today. I remember back in the day when they were breaking a couple mil on a big sale day. Those were the days, and the sales were better and deeper too. Ahhhhhhhh. Get me another Memberberry.

Like Steam?

Old 06-22-2017, 11:27 PM   #4578
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Wow Urban Empire was one of the biggest misses after looking so promising. It's just been killed in the reviews.

Struggling to think of a bigger waste of money I've spent on a game in a long time. It was pretty and an intriguing enough concept to sucker me in, but under the hood it was a steaming pile of shite.

Thinking of pulling the trigger on Expeditions: Vikings just because the first game was so unique, but it sounds like it's got a way to go in the buggy department.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:40 PM   #4579
Lonnie
High School Varsity

Meanwhile, Rimworld still is not on sale... I guess I'm going to pay full price someday.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:12 AM   #4580
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
Meanwhile, Rimworld still is not on sale... I guess I'm going to pay full price someday.

Yeah, I was really disappointed about that.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:44 AM   #4581
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Killing Floor is free right now.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/k...m=banner_cross
Old 06-24-2017, 02:21 PM   #4582
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Picked up Fallout 4 finally.. $15
Old 06-24-2017, 02:25 PM   #4583
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Picked up Fallout 4 finally.. $15

Have been on the fence. Wonder if it will ever go cheaper.

Might get 1 and 2
Old 06-24-2017, 05:56 PM   #4584
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Might get 1 and 2

First FPS I have ever purchased for pc over console.
Old 06-24-2017, 08:09 PM   #4585
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Might get 1 and 2

Haven't played 1 yet, but 2 is pretty fun (though challenging).
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:21 PM   #4586
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
First FPS I have ever purchased for pc over console.

I still lament to this day (aka whine) about marshall Senora (the chickenshit) who ran away from her shack when giant scorpions appeared and a bug made her literally disappear into the map to an unknown location and never came back. This was fixable on PC of course by just going into the console and relocating her. PS3 version owners like me were screwed. And it's not like the system wasn't networked. They coulda patched that game but they just didn't.

And of course I keep seeing beautiful versions of skyrim thanks to mods.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #4587
Izulde
Head Coach

Finally got This War of Mine with all DLC. Everything together is $7.47. Prepared to have an emotional night.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #4588
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Finally got This War of Mine with all DLC. Everything together is $7.47. Prepared to have an emotional night.

Old 06-25-2017, 09:53 AM   #4589
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

My wallet is heating up...

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak $17
Old 06-25-2017, 09:55 AM   #4590
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My wallet is heating up...

Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak $17

gog.com just released HomeWorld: Cataclysm too. That might be $9 out of my wallet. I bought the game when it was new but I could never get the cd to work on newer systems.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:04 AM   #4591
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
gog.com just released HomeWorld: Cataclysm too. That might be $9 out of my wallet. I bought the game when it was new but I could never get the cd to work on newer systems.

I read that on the forums... I might grab it too.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #4592
MrBug708
Head Coach

Has anyone played World Basketball Manager?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:17 AM   #4593
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I read that on the forums... I might grab it too.

It's weird that they named it Homeworld: Emergence to avoid copyright issues. You wouldn't think a 17 year old game would have to change it's name.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:18 AM   #4594
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Has anyone played World Basketball Manager?

The version I played was pretty bad, I would go with Draft Day Sports Pro Basketball instead. It's also on sale right now.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 10:26 AM   #4595
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

i bought 3 so far and am contemplating....Fallout 4
Old 06-25-2017, 10:30 AM   #4596
MrBug708
Head Coach

I bought Fallout 4, currently downloading very slow
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #4597
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's weird that they named it Homeworld: Emergence to avoid copyright issues. You wouldn't think a 17 year old game would have to change it's name.

Yes... very odd to say the least.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:18 PM   #4598
tarcone
Coordinator

Dominions 4. Thoughts.

This is on my wish list.

I wish the discounts were better. I would be loading up on games if it were. Obviously.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:21 PM   #4599
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I wonder how much "Steam sales are so underwhelming now" is a function of the fact that I already own 50+ as of yet uninstalled games?
Old 06-25-2017, 02:36 PM   #4600
Izulde
Head Coach

Thought I was done, and then Stardew Valley I finally gave in on too.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote