Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #18701
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
How is it that people with a high school education can't even read a ruler?

My mother has worked various seamstress type jobs her whole life. I few years ago when applying for a new job she had to take a test. She told me it was hard. I said why? She said "There were questions like What is 1/2 of 1/3."
Old 08-02-2019, 01:19 PM   #18702
Thomkal
Head Coach

I have seen ads for two disgusting desserts this week-first French's Mustard Ice cream and now Oscar Mayer's Ice Dog Sandwhich:

404 - StoryLine
Old 08-03-2019, 07:11 AM   #18703
21C
College Prospect

Welcome to Ukraine!

I am currently traveling through Ukraine. Been here a week, another week to go. My mother's birthplace was in Poland before the war but now belongs to Ukraine. I was going to visit there but I don't have any connections so I'm just sticking to the big cities - Lviv, Odessa and Kiev. I'm loving it so far (I really enjoyed Lviv) but it is another world.

Having split up from my wife six years ago and not having any desire to seek a new partner, I had not experienced the dating scene in quite some time. I decided to join up a few of the dating apps while I was here to see if it was worth meeting some Ukrainian women for a coffee and a chat (and no, I wasn't looking for any casual hook-ups).

Man, was I popular. I'm 55 and had my target age for women in the mid 30s but I was getting all of these 20-something girls hitting me up on chats. While I was flattered at first, it didn't take long (although I should have realized sooner) that all that they were after was a sugar daddy.

If I didn't have any scruples and was prepared to spend some money, I might have had a good time.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:58 AM   #18704
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
Welcome to Ukraine!

I am currently traveling through Ukraine. Been here a week, another week to go. My mother's birthplace was in Poland before the war but now belongs to Ukraine. I was going to visit there but I don't have any connections so I'm just sticking to the big cities - Lviv, Odessa and Kiev. I'm loving it so far (I really enjoyed Lviv) but it is another world.

Having split up from my wife six years ago and not having any desire to seek a new partner, I had not experienced the dating scene in quite some time. I decided to join up a few of the dating apps while I was here to see if it was worth meeting some Ukrainian women for a coffee and a chat (and no, I wasn't looking for any casual hook-ups).

Man, was I popular. I'm 55 and had my target age for women in the mid 30s but I was getting all of these 20-something girls hitting me up on chats. While I was flattered at first, it didn't take long (although I should have realized sooner) that all that they were after was a sugar daddy.

If I didn't have any scruples and was prepared to spend some money, I might have had a good time.

Pics or it didn't happen!
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #18705
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I have seen ads for two disgusting desserts this week-first French's Mustard Ice cream and now Oscar Mayer's Ice Dog Sandwhich:

404 - StoryLine

Eh, I'd probably try mustard ice cream. (I think wasabi ice cream would be better, but *shurg*).
Old 08-04-2019, 10:18 AM   #18706
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm pretty tired of Harry and Meghan in the news.

I'm hoping this is the obligatory get to know Harry & Meghan couple years and then it'll focus rightly back on Charles & Camila and the woes of the Prince in Waiting
Old 08-04-2019, 10:27 AM   #18707
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I'm pretty tired of Harry and Meghan in the news.

A million times this!
Old 08-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #18708
JPhillips
General Manager

Just came across an OOTP pitcher named Rumplik.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:54 AM   #18709
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Why did they make a sequel to that movie that was like that other White House under assault movie.

*2hours later*

Wait, this is the 2nd sequel to Olympus has Fallen?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:30 AM   #18710
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Why did they make a sequel to that movie that was like that other White House under assault movie.

*2hours later*

Wait, this is the 2nd sequel to Olympus has Fallen?

I take it you are talking about Angel has Fallen?

I preferred London has Fallen to Olympus. Great action movie especially in the 2H. Hopefully Angel will be just as good.
Old 08-08-2019, 06:41 AM   #18711
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I just want to know why they are rebooting Home Alone
Old 08-08-2019, 08:12 PM   #18712
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Why are people lift things(cherry picker type construction lifts) always stored with their baskets in the sky
Old 08-09-2019, 08:53 AM   #18713
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

From my office window, I can see the U.S. and NC State flags flying over the NC Capitol Building.

Working on the assumption that these flags strictly comply with the formal rules for flying flags at half staff, I have learned over the last few years that we fly the flag at half staff a lot. Tragedies combined with important people dying really adds up.

No real point here other than this is the first time I've been in a position to notice a flag that follows the rules.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:43 AM   #18714
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
From my office window, I can see the U.S. and NC State flags flying over the NC Capitol Building.

Working on the assumption that these flags strictly comply with the formal rules for flying flags at half staff, I have learned over the last few years that we fly the flag at half staff a lot. Tragedies combined with important people dying really adds up.

No real point here other than this is the first time I've been in a position to notice a flag that follows the rules.

You had me thinking of an NCSU flag rather than the state flag for a second.

I do occasionally miss downtown Raleigh. Spent some semesters in the COA building and the federal building (at the bankruptcy court) back in the day.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #18715
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
You had me thinking of an NCSU flag rather than the state flag for a second.

I do occasionally miss downtown Raleigh. Spent some semesters in the COA building and the federal building (at the bankruptcy court) back in the day.

It's definitely on the upwsing, too. New bars/restaurants opening constantly. Just in the 13 years I've been here, it's gone from nice but sleepy to "wow, there's a lot of hispters on scooters."
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:02 AM   #18716
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why are people lift things(cherry picker type construction lifts) always stored with their baskets in the sky

To get the controls out of reach of wandering hands and eyes. Usually the operator station is on the platform so you leave it up in the air so people cant screw with stuff. The ground control panel is usually behind a fairly heavily locked panel. The platform HMI is right in the open.

And to advertise...the company name is usually on the platform (though the second instance only really applies to new equipment dealers/
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:14 AM   #18717
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Jeffrey Epstein dead in apparent suicide
Old 08-10-2019, 08:24 AM   #18718
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

Rot in hell.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #18719
Edward64
Head Coach

I guess SI has joined the PC crowd too. I've got mixed feelings about this.

#SISwimSearch: Meet the Sweet 17 | SI.com
Quote:
To say these ladies rocked that runway is an understatement. Along with several current SI Swimsuit models, they proved that beauty is SO much more than skin deep.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:38 PM   #18720
Edward64
Head Coach

Welp, Burger King's Impossible Burger/Whopper just came to town. Wife bought it and a regular Whopper and gave me a blind taste test for dinner.

I couldn't tell the difference.

I'm sure all the onions, mayo, ketchup helped by masking anything slightly different. Same no. of calories, 40 vs 34 grams of fat, about $1 more. I guess its an early step in "acceptable tasting" meat alternatives and I'm all for that market segment to grow.

Have any of you tried it out yet?
Old 08-10-2019, 07:18 PM   #18721
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Have any of you tried it out yet?

You'll know that hell has frozen over if you ever catch me trying such a fucking abomination.

So put down one in the "No" column.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #18722
RainMaker
General Manager

I couldn't tell the difference. But like you said, if you're slathering on all those toppings, it's probably tough to tell. Plus it's not like Burger King is working with top of the line beef anyway.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #18723
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I couldn't tell the difference. But like you said, if you're slathering on all those toppings, it's probably tough to tell. Plus it's not like Burger King is working with top of the line beef anyway.

Early step towards soylent green for sure.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:55 PM   #18724
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Tonight’s American Greed is about the college admissions scandal.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:20 PM   #18725
bhlloy
Coordinator

I tried the impossible burger about 6 months ago and wasn't impressed, the restaurant I was at were trying to recreate a thicker style burger and I just didn't think they nailed the consistency and texture, although it tasted OK. Maybe that's because they screwed up preparing it though?

As mentioned above, probably a lower bar to recreate a thin whopper patty that is chargrilled to shit and has a ton of stuff thrown on it so you can't really taste that it's flash frozen beef anyway.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:37 AM   #18726
Ralmone
n00b

Woke up with a strange thought. If you had extra money in amount of 100 000 USD for anything you want, what would you do? Buy property in Athens here, buy a new car, give it to charity or relatives...
Ralmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #18727
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralmone View Post
Woke up with a strange thought. If you had extra money in amount of 100 000 USD for anything you want, what would you do? Buy property in Athens here, buy a new car, give it to charity or relatives...

I would send it to support Russian bots.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:12 AM   #18728
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You'll know that hell has frozen over if you ever catch me trying such a fucking abomination.

So put down one in the "No" column.

Certainly. Why would you try something that might be better for you and doesn't involve slaughtering an animal. Hear hear!
Old 08-16-2019, 11:15 AM   #18729
Butter
Coordinator

Impossible Burger is not "better for you" unless you consider solely not eating meat being better for you independent of all other factors.
Old 08-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #18730
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yes. That's exactly why I said it "might be better for you". Since some meat products have been listed as carcinogens or probable carcinogens.

Quote:
The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has classified processed meat as a carcinogen, something that causes cancer. And it has classified red meat as a probable carcinogen, something that probably causes cancer. IARC is the cancer agency of the World Health Organization.

World Health Organization Says Processed Meat Causes Cancer
Old 08-16-2019, 11:37 AM   #18731
Butter
Coordinator

I look forward to the "Forks Over Knives" thread revival
Old 08-16-2019, 11:41 AM   #18732
Kodos
Resident Alien

Or maybe "What the Health".
Old 08-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #18733
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't follow reality TV but that Chrisley story is something else. The tax and wire fraud isn't surprising, but trying to extort your daughter over a sex tape is.

Todd Chrisley blasted by daughter for threatening to release sex tape involving Bachelor Robby Hayes | Daily Mail Online
Old 08-16-2019, 11:03 PM   #18734
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Yes. That's exactly why I said it "might be better for you". Since some meat products have been listed as carcinogens or probable carcinogens.

World Health Organization Says Processed Meat Causes Cancer

Reading the article, what is the margin of error for both studies. We’re talking about the base rate of 5% for colorectal cancer increasing to 6% with these meats in certain quantities daily...
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 01:56 AM   #18735
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't follow reality TV but that Chrisley story is something else. The tax and wire fraud isn't surprising, but trying to extort your daughter over a sex tape is.

Todd Chrisley blasted by daughter for threatening to release sex tape involving Bachelor Robby Hayes | Daily Mail Online

I watched like half an episode of that shit in horror. Who watches this trash? There weren’t even any hot chicks. I like trash TV all day, I’m like Guy Fieri and Below Deck and all the dumb Alaska shows. But Chrissley is for straight up Wankers.
Old 08-18-2019, 12:33 AM   #18736
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

This was something I read in one of my groups today. Don't really know why, but it was something that resonated with me.

Quote:
She would have been 11. But on this day... you were only 9 weeks old. Your father beat you to death because you wouldn’t stop crying. He only got 10 years. He’s on the streets now.. a free man. Just doesn’t seem right. You were only just crying. I glad I remember you. I glad you no longer haunt me. I’m grateful I was there and did the right things necessary to see that he didn’t get away with it. I’m sorry the courts only believed your life was worth 10 years. I’m grateful I don’t own that part. I’m grateful that instead of drowning myself in a bottle on this anniversary.. I went fishing today and made it to two meetings. “There is no timestamp on trauma. There isn't a formula that you can insert yourself into to get from horror to healed. Be patient. Take up space. Let your journey be the balm.” Anyway.... Reach out and know we are never alone on this journey.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 04:02 AM   #18737
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Feels really fake news.
Old 08-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #18738
stevew
Hall Of Famer

These Jeremy Renner commercials look like they were made for a foreign market.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #18739
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
These Jeremy Renner commercials look like they were made for a foreign market.

His music & singing are impressively generic!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:32 PM   #18740
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Nice. Guy in the neighborhood who moved in didn't have a line for his natural gas grill. I do.

Sold a pretty fair Broil King for very cheap. Just needs a good deep cleaning, and should be solid.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 07:02 PM   #18741
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

New study raises questions about how fluoride affects children's development

Old 08-19-2019, 07:52 PM   #18742
Edward64
Head Coach

Uh oh. The conspiracy theorists were right!
Old 08-20-2019, 11:08 PM   #18743
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have spent more time shopping for a decent 10x10 pop up canopy than anyone should. It's gotten obscene and obsessive and I can't fucking deal with it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:46 AM   #18744
RainMaker
General Manager

Can someone explain the lure of ASMR and why my YouTube recommendations seem to be filled with them?
Old 08-21-2019, 12:56 AM   #18745
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Can someone explain the lure of ASMR and why my YouTube recommendations seem to be filled with them?

It recently came up here at FOFC. Maybe even in this thread. When it did, I looked it up on Google and went down the rabbit hole a bit.

It's... weird. Very weird.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:10 AM   #18746
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

400 Bad Request

That's a very long post.

The tl;dr'ish version is that some people get a physical sensation from some of the sounds or visuals in some ASMR videos, its very relaxing to the point that many use it as a sleep aid, I did this for many years awhile back. I can get them from tapping sounds and whispering sounds. There's some weird shit out there though, and if you don't experience any of this yourself it may well all seem like weird shit. And just to be clear, no, its not sexual in any way, though like anything else on the planet, some people will take it down that path.

Last edited by Radii : 08-21-2019 at 03:11 AM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 03:33 AM   #18747
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

1) No.
2) Go tweak the recommendations so that gets cut out. At some point you either clicked one or one auto-played and the algorithm has interpreted that as you having an interest in it. You can, to a decent extent, make it not do that though.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:11 PM   #18748
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Subway out here trying to pretend every other fast food joint in the world didn't introduce ciabatta bread a full 15 years ago.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:38 PM   #18749
molson
General Manager

I'm having beers with pilotman right now....he's showing me a lot of your photos from Facebook. My sense of reality is being upended. Also, pilotman is a great guy.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 07:59 PM   #18750
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I'm having beers with pilotman right now....he's showing me a lot of your photos from Facebook. My sense of reality is being upended. Also, pilotman is a great guy.

haha, that is great.

hope he showed you a good one of me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote