Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2019, 10:14 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Jabari Parker definitely found the perfect team. I'm not sure he's one of the 5 worst defenders on this Hawks team.

Close. By defensive rating he's 4th worst (better than Chandler Parsons, Damian Jones, and Trae Young)

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:36 PM   #52
miami_fan
Coordinator

Lloyd Pierce and his coaching staff made some great adjustments to go from allowing 158 to only allowing 79 in the next game.

The most important adjustment was swapping out Houston for Golden State.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:00 AM   #53
JPhillips
General Manager

The ref is looking right at LeBron and the ball.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:07 PM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At the minimum that ref deserves a letter of demerit and whatever the maximum is that he can be fined. That play will be meme fuel for the “all they do is travel” crowd.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 06:02 AM   #55
miami_fan
Coordinator

Eh, Traveling is the equivalent to offensive holding to me.

But now that the Rockets have opened the floodgates, the Jazz should file a protest and asked for a replay from that point.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-06-2019, 04:00 PM   #56
Atocep
Coordinator

I'm surprised it's taken this long for Cavs players to rebel against Beilein.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #57
lungs
Pro Rookie

Bucks/Clippers tonight. Milwaukee has been pretty awesome lately, but mostly just beating up on shitty teams. Giannis turns 25 years old today. Kawhi sat out the first meeting between the teams.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:12 PM   #58
miami_fan
Coordinator

Chris Paul is such an A-hole.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:15 PM   #59
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What a great ovation for Kawhai and all the class in to world from the Raptors fans. Great to see.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:52 PM   #60
miami_fan
Coordinator

Ex-NBA commissioner David Stern hospitalized after brain hemorrhage
Old 12-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #61
miami_fan
Coordinator

It’s a loss but that was a fun game between the Heat and the Lakers.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:47 AM   #62
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I’m wondering when they’re just going to announce that Zion is going to miss the entire season. I understand being cautious but he’s almost 2 months into rehab on what was supposed to be a non serious knee injury.

Last edited by stevew : 12-18-2019 at 03:51 AM.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:32 PM   #63
miami_fan
Coordinator

Brett Brown really should have an offensive game plan by now shouldn’t he?
Old 12-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #64
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I’m wondering when they’re just going to announce that Zion is going to miss the entire season. I understand being cautious but he’s almost 2 months into rehab on what was supposed to be a non serious knee injury.

Its possible but Im not sure how great it would be for his development to miss an entire season at such a young age. I mean having Curry, Klay, and Draymond miss the season kind of makes sense since they are developed all stars but a rookie with 1 year of college? I think the development year is major for him.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-20-2019 at 09:39 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #65
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

76ers fans who flipped off Isaiah Thomas banned for year
Old 12-23-2019, 08:26 AM   #66
miami_fan
Coordinator

Insert all of the required caveats here. Now then, I absolutely loved different video angles of this incident. The realization of the fans that they did do something that was worthy of an ass kicking as Thomas walked up to them. The fear that the ass kicking may be coming. The calmness that Thomas engaged in the conversation. Absolutely loved everything of Thomas's handling of the situation.

Arena security: Do better.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 PM   #67
miami_fan
Coordinator

RIP David Stern 1942-2020

I can't say I was an overall fan of his and yes he benefited from Michael Jordan coming into the league shortly after. But I am a guy who remembers struggling to watch the first quarters of NBA Finals games because they started at 11:30pm eastern on tape delay. To go from that to the place where the game is today required incredible leadership and business acumen. David Stern deserves all the plaudits for that.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:39 AM   #68
miami_fan
Coordinator

The early reactions to Kevin Love's unprofessionalism behavior has been interesting to observe.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:51 PM   #69
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 01-07-2020, 12:46 AM   #70
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Eeesh. Unfortunately I've had that happen to me more than once.
Old 01-07-2020, 12:48 AM   #71
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
The early reactions to Kevin Love's unprofessionalism behavior has been interesting to observe.

As a Cavs fan, I don't blame him I have to say. Incredibly frustrating to watch, and very selfish guard play. I hope we trade him and he gets to play for a contender.
Old 01-20-2020, 03:01 PM   #72
Izulde
Head Coach

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/20/us/ch...wks/index.html

Awful news.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:23 PM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

I can't lie: I smell "collect on my insurance policies" and "exit the league with some dignity" in this.

He's been unable to crack a terrible Hawks lineup even when healthy.
Old 01-20-2020, 04:56 PM   #74
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I can't lie: I smell "collect on my insurance policies" and "exit the league with some dignity" in this.

Not sure he will ever be "healthy". His knee is just shot. Microfracture surgery is a death knell for NBA players. Maybe get a couple more years but ultimately the knee will fail.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 04:59 PM   #75
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Hate to say it but that thought entered my mind too given how the latest reports dramatically scaled up the extent of his injuries - seemed like a comparatively minor incident when news broke. I hope that is the case (weird as that is to say), as "traumatic brain injury" sounds really bad... but could also be used to describe any concussion.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #76
RainMaker
General Manager

Not sure you can fake a torn labrum though. But yeah, any concussion can be listed as a "traumatic brain injury" by a personal injury attorney.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:15 PM   #77
Groundhog
Coordinator

Torn labrum is most likely true and I'm sure makes sense with the accident but it's not something that is generally considered career ending (again, depending on the extent of it I suppose).
Old 01-20-2020, 05:19 PM   #78
RainMaker
General Manager

Is it a shoulder labrum or hip? If it is a hip, he's done.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:40 PM   #79
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Assume you have to be aggressive so you don’t get placed on a non sports injury list that would hurt your contract guarantees. The drunk guy is going to have a hard time getting insurance ever again
Old 01-20-2020, 11:16 PM   #80
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The drunk guy is going to have a hard time getting insurance ever again

It's Atlanta. Helluva leap that he had it in the first place. Not sure a driver at 2 in the afternoon with a "7-Up bottle with alcohol on the driver’s seats and the heavy odor of alcohol in the car and on the driver" is going to be circumspect in following mandatory insurance laws.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:32 AM   #81
miami_fan
Coordinator

Those Delonte West jokes about him being crazy are not so funny anymore. The recent videos are shocking. Not surprising, just a shock to the system. Mental health man, mental health.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:05 PM   #82
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
The Atlanta Hawks today issued the following injury update on forward Chandler Parsons, who was recently in a car accident. Parsons has reportedly filed at least one lawsuit due to injuries from the incident.

Per the Hawks today, Parsons remains in the first stage of the NBA’s concussion protocol and has not progressed to exertional challenges, such as light conditioning.

Additionally, Parsons continues to receive treatment for symptoms of whiplash and the associated cervical disc injury.

After discussing with Parsons, his medical team and the doctors at Emory Sports Medicine, it was agreed by all parties that it would be best for Parsons’ recovery for him to return home to California and continue to recover and rehabilitate under the treatment of a team of doctors and therapists overseen by the Hawks and Emory Sports Medicine staff.

So, that’s the Hawks’ team update. And per the Atlanta Journal Constitution, “the at-fault driver whose car collided with Parsons’ car and one other vehicle was cited for failure to yield while turning left and DUI Less Safe. Parsons and the other driver involved were found to not be at fault.”

Definitely with Jon on this one.
Old 01-23-2020, 05:16 PM   #83
miami_fan
Coordinator

Well his contract does expire this year. He has to find income from somewhere.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:42 PM   #84
miami_fan
Coordinator

This is a about a week old, but I am interested in what others think of these charts. I am not anti three pointers but damn...

Old 01-24-2020, 05:50 PM   #85
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think it's bad for basketball. The 3-point line should be moved back (eliminating the corner 3) to the point where for a league-average shooter it's only a slightly better shot than a 2-pointer. The gap is simply too big between 3-point efficiency and 2-point efficiency.

That will never happen, so the bombs away or layup dichotomy will continue.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 06:34 PM   #86
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I think it's bad for basketball. The 3-point line should be moved back (eliminating the corner 3) to the point where for a league-average shooter it's only a slightly better shot than a 2-pointer. The gap is simply too big between 3-point efficiency and 2-point efficiency.

That will never happen, so the bombs away or layup dichotomy will continue.

Agree re: bad for basketball. It's bad for the fan experience. The sheer volume of 3s being thrown up makes it far less of an entertaining spectacle when they do drop, and the continued heat on the rim leads to more FTs than it does highlight plays. I get why teams do it, but it's making the NBA a less entertaining product to watch.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:57 PM   #87
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I am going to be a bit more dramatic. Push back the 3 pt line, but also make the court wider.

The problem is more than the elimination of the baseline 2, there are no more high post 2s or FT extended 2s either.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:07 AM   #88
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Also, Zion clearly sucks. Only two games into his career and he's already missed five shots. Srsly.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:07 PM   #89
miami_fan
Coordinator

Welcome back Victor Oladipo!
Old 01-30-2020, 02:26 PM   #90
stevew
Hall Of Famer

NBA all star game doing some format changes.

Quarters 1-3 scored separately, starting 0-0. Winner of the quarter gets a certain amount donated to their charity.

After 3 quarters the points are then added up and the leading squad has 24 added to their total. That’s the final target score. So if it’s 100-87, the first team to 124 would win, regardless of time.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:31 PM   #91
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Also I dunno how you solve the 3s or dunks thing. Straight up eliminating it would probably make the game better. Maybe every shooting foul is 3 FT to make 2 or something. If they moved it back 5 feet everyone would just fire from there and it would become less watchable.
Old 01-30-2020, 02:32 PM   #92
Arles
Grey Dog Software

That may the most confusing setup I've ever heard. I'm sure it will go swimmingly
Old 01-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #93
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It’s taken from TBT and modified. Basically the game ends on a walk off shot(or LOL a free throw) vs the game ending on time.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #94
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I think it's not so much confusing as officially explained in a confusing fashion.

3 quarters, scoring IS cumulative, but the charity donations are based on winning individual quarters.

Then take highest cumulative score after three quarters, add 24 points to it, and that's the score the game ends at.

Given ASG scoring rates, the 4th quarter should last about 6 minutes of game time.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #95
molson
General Manager

I'm a big fan of "playing to a certain score" in all sports. No idea why. It appeals to me. I wish the NFL did OT first to 6 points.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 12:15 AM   #96
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Timberwolves appear to be gathering assets in order to make a trade for De'Angelo Russell.

Timberwolves werent willing to give up a lottery high pick for him however maybe they are thinking a mid first found pick with some additional pieces will land him?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 02:16 PM   #97
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Timberwolves appear to be gathering assets in order to make a trade for De'Angelo Russell.

Timberwolves werent willing to give up a lottery high pick for him however maybe they are thinking a mid first found pick with some additional pieces will land him?

Not happening at the deadline. If it happens at all, it'll be in the offseason.

Old 02-05-2020, 08:48 PM   #98
miami_fan
Coordinator

Hmmm, Iguodala AND Galinari to the Heat?

I am willingly to listen.
Old 02-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #99
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Not happening at the deadline. If it happens at all, it'll be in the offseason.

Holy crap. I admit I was wrong. Wiggins and picks to Golden State for D-Lo. Shocked the Warriors didn't wait until the offseason. Must be great pick value.

Old 02-06-2020, 12:40 PM   #100
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Hmmm, Iguodala AND Galinari to the Heat?

I am willingly to listen.

Looks like it's Crowder instead of the Rooster.