-Kobe
-David Stern
-Anti-Semitism
-Jamal Murray sex tape.
-Strip Club Kawhi
-NBA Summer League Earthquake

What's next?

OK, we now know what's next:

-Player gets banned from the bubble and the playoffs for boinking a COVID tester in his hotel room.

But is this all part of a conspiracy????

THE NBA IS RUINING DANUEL HOUSE'S MARRIAGE AND BREAKING UP HIS FAMILY IN ORDER TO HELP LEBRON WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP - TexasTakes

Last edited by molson : 09-11-2020 at 06:39 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 07:41 PM   #302
miami_fan
Coordinator

We won't know until we find out what she was wearing.

If she was showing even a little bit a leg...
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:10 PM   #303
spleen1015
Coordinator

A Texas based website is claiming the NBA is screwing a Texas team.

I totally believe it!
Old 09-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #304
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Siakam is trash. Needs to get benched.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:05 PM   #305
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Had em all the way. Never was a doubt.

(I am lying horribly and still recovering from the end of the game)
Old 09-11-2020, 11:55 PM   #306
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
A Texas based website is claiming the NBA is screwing a Texas team.

I totally believe it!
I haven't paid attention, is there any (reported) evidence House was involved beyond a door allegedly opening?

Not the best played game tonight, but a W is a W. I don't have the time now but I just want to find everyone who ever said Marcus Smart was overpaid when signed to his current $13m/y deal and thank them for any part they played in keeping that chip on his shoulder.

Also agreed Steve, I won't claim I watched that many Raptors games this year but I heard Siakim made the jump and was a real All Star... I'd take Jayson over him, I'd take Jaylen over him, I might even take Marcus over him if I was building a playoff team.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 09-11-2020 at 11:57 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 12:53 AM   #307
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Siakam shot 12.5% on threes this series and 10 for 51 for the playoffs. That's shitting the bed hardcore. He makes 29 million next year and is roughly a 3rd or 4th option.
Old 09-13-2020, 05:21 AM   #308
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

On the other hand he shot 36% during the season and 33% for his career. Which is more likely to be representative of his performance going forward? I'm not saying he isn't overpaid, but it would seem evident that he just hit a shooting slump at the wrong time.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #309
BishopMVP
Coordinator

]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
On the other hand he shot 36% during the season and 33% for his career. Which is more likely to be representative of his performance going forward? I'm not saying he isn't overpaid, but it would seem evident that he just hit a shooting slump at the wrong time.
It wasn't just a shooting slump though. He clearly needs transition to be good on offense & struggles in the half court - FVV was Toronto's offense when it wasn't Lowry.

And defensively Boston (and Tatum in particular) were targeting him, which is odd for an alleged All-defense candidate. (And speaking of All-Defense Marcus Smart probably won't be 1st team All-NBA & it's laughable. There isn't another player under 6'10 who changes games on D as frequently as he does.)
Old 09-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #310
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It wasn’t just the epic record setting brick laying. (Eye test) his handles were awful. His decision making with the ball was suspect. He seemed good for one gut wrenching turnover a quarter at least. It was like he was doing his best Alfonso Ribeiro impression of out of control Giannis. Although with 2 shitty brothers in the league, maybe he was playing like Thanniss
Old 09-13-2020, 04:18 PM   #311
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

D'Antoni out in Houston. I thought, given the personnel, that he was as good a fit for the job as there was. They were one CP3 hammy tweak away from a title in 2008. But, alas, it was not to be.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 06:34 PM   #312
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
D'Antoni out in Houston. I thought, given the personnel, that he was as good a fit for the job as there was. They were one CP3 hammy tweak away from a title in 2008. But, alas, it was not to be.
SI

I assumed that Morey would be going as well but early reporting is saying that Fertitta is going to keep him. It will be interesting to see who they bring in. The idea of going from D'Antoni to Jeff Van Gundy and then watching Van Gundy deal with Harden and Westbrook might actually be worth the price of League Pass alone.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-13-2020, 06:49 PM   #313
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Rockets are at an interesting position. No draft picks, and only have basically their top 6 guys(including House, who I assume has to be traded) signed for next year. Not really a lot of outs for them to rebuild a bench. Especially if they don't want to pay tax.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:47 PM   #314
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Rockets are at an interesting position. No draft picks, and only have basically their top 6 guys(including House, who I assume has to be traded) signed for next year. Not really a lot of outs for them to rebuild a bench. Especially if they don't want to pay tax.

And Fertitta has shown no desire to pay any tax at all.

Morey's pretty good at finding diamonds in the rough - it feels like half of the guys who are #4-9 on rotations around the league have passed through Houston at one point. But it also always feels like the scene in moneyball where they're trying to recreate missing players by signing 2 and 3 players who are just a bit too one dimensional. And in that NBA, that gets exposed come playoff time.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 09-13-2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:59 PM   #315
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I assumed that Morey would be going as well but early reporting is saying that Fertitta is going to keep him. It will be interesting to see who they bring in. The idea of going from D'Antoni to Jeff Van Gundy and then watching Van Gundy deal with Harden and Westbrook might actually be worth the price of League Pass alone.

I figured that as soon as the China thing went down earlier this year (or whenever the hell that was, damn 2020), they were laying the groundwork for him to get booted. But he's been edging toward the door for a while now, too. There have been a number of moves the last couple of years that have been trying to finish off the team and have really diluted the assets for the future.

I also think Fertitta is going to grow tired of Morey and fire him sooner rather than later. He seems like one of those owners who wants to meddle and has no concept of the limitations of making moves in the NBA.

Morey managed to rebuild the Rockets without bottoming out and tanking. The last time they had a losing record was 2005-06, which was the year both TMac and Yao Ming were hurt a bunch, if that says anything. They didn't just float around as playoff flotsam the whole time either. They made 2 WCF (and should have won a title in 2018) and only lost in the 1st round once in the last 6 seasons. They were really the only team that really pushed the Warriors in the West after the got Durant.

But that's done now. Harden has a couple of elite years left. The rest of the team is mostly locked in with contracts now until he starts to fade and that'll be that.

SI

Old 09-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #316
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bam
Old 09-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #317
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think I have ever seen a block like that. Crazy.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:40 PM   #318
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Clippers have unlimited time for load management
Old 09-15-2020, 10:41 PM   #319
Atocep
Coordinator

Jamal Murray has been incredible in the playoffs. Should be an interesting match up with the Lakers.

Last edited by Atocep : 09-15-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:49 PM   #320
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Bam block is iconic (and might've torn MY labrum!!!)

Also, is Doc getting fired?
Old 09-16-2020, 03:00 AM   #321
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Also, is Doc getting fired?

This was my first thought when I heard about the loss. He may get one more year because of the oddity of this year, but to not make it to the conference finals to face the Lakers? Might be unforgivable.

Edit: Forgot it was a 3-1 series failure as well. That could be enough to push him out the door, which would be a shame.

Last edited by rjolley : 09-16-2020 at 03:02 AM.
rjolley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:53 AM   #322
bhlloy
Coordinator

Only coach in NBA history to blow three 3-1 series leads. Even if you only look at his record as a coach and not even consider him as a roster constructor, how can you look at that and justify him sticking around for another year of prime Kawhi. Especially when you saw what he was able to lift a good roster to last year.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:24 AM   #323
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I think the answer to that question is who is available that's better. I don't think it's enough to say Rivers deserves to be fired (I agree with that in this case). Who specifically can they likely bring in that would be an improvement? That's the question I don't know the answer for. I think if they do kick him to the curb they need to do it quickly.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:55 AM   #324
miami_fan
Coordinator

I hear what you are saying Brian. The counter with the Dwane Casey/Nick Nurse situation in Toronto. There is something to the idea of that this guy can't be the coach anymore. Lawrence Frank maybe?
Old 09-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #325
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dola,

I say that also not being sure if Doc should be fired. Just that I don't think it would be unreasonable if they did.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:59 AM   #326
JPhillips
General Manager

Heat/Nuggets is the dream matchup made for TV.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:22 AM   #327
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
Heat/Nuggets is the dream matchup made for TV.

The NBA is not letting this happen. Paging Scott Foster, paging Tony Brothers. We need company men on this, stat.

SI

Old 09-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #328
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Considering the Lakers are still in, there is no way the Nuggets are advancing to the Finals.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:02 AM   #329
JPhillips
General Manager

Obviously, Lakers/Celtics is the best matchup for the NBA.
Old 09-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #330
molson
General Manager

It's funny how quickly the conspiracy theories shift after an unexpected outcome. I thought the NBA was going with Lakers/Clippers? That's all I've heard for weeks. Why did they change their mind?

Last edited by molson : 09-16-2020 at 10:55 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 08:43 PM   #331
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I dunno if the heat can count on Crowder when it matters, but they’re going to be hard to beat.
Old 09-21-2020, 08:59 AM   #332
miami_fan
Coordinator

I know it is the Lakers, but AD doing a Steph Curry impersonation at the end of that game was amazing. The off ball action from one side of the court to the other was impressive. Yes, Plumlee played the “You go get him” defense and did not follow his man.
Old 09-23-2020, 11:47 PM   #333
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Walker's numbers don't look bad or anything, but I feel like he's been totally trash all series. Robert Williams also needs a lot more burn than he's getting. I think him and even the other Williams have both looked good in the playoffs and should be taking more of Theiss's minutes.
Old 09-24-2020, 06:08 AM   #334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Jimmy Butler was right every time.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 10:03 PM   #335
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Did Davis just blow out his achilles?
Old 09-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #336
stevew
Hall Of Famer

nvmd. These refs love Davis/LeBron.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:57 PM   #337
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Murray got fouled by LeBron going to the basket in a 3-point game with like 2-3 minutes left but it wasn't called and they could never make up the deficit.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-24-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 12:52 PM   #338
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Murray got fouled by LeBron going to the basket in a 3-point game with like 2-3 minutes left but it wasn't called and they could never make up the deficit.

I re-watched that play several times today. I'm tired of the refs allowing you to decapitate the other player if it was a clean block at some point, but god forbid if you breathe on a jump shooter.

Anthony Davis loves to flail after every shot attempt. You can tell he's hanging out too much with Bron and probably constantly watches Kobe highlights on his phone.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:48 PM   #339
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Rivers out in LA. Should shake up a bunch of stuff as I'd think he'll get a job fast. Houston? Philly?

Last edited by stevew : 09-28-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:10 PM   #340
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson
It's funny how quickly the conspiracy theories shift after an unexpected outcome. I thought the NBA was going with Lakers/Clippers? That's all I've heard for weeks. Why did they change their mind?

This. NBA conspiracy theories are just so absurd.
Old 09-28-2020, 07:38 PM   #341
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Rivers out in LA. Should shake up a bunch of stuff as I'd think he'll get a job fast. Houston? Philly?

D'Antoni to the Clips? Maybe, possibly?
Old 09-30-2020, 10:59 PM   #342
Galaril
Pro Starter

Feeling like a 4 game sweep is coming in this series.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:14 PM   #343
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Bam and the Dragon both out of game 2. This is likely a sweep.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #344
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Doc Rivers in as Philly coach.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:35 PM   #345
miami_fan
Coordinator

How the hell did he come in and take D'Antoni's job? I am pretty sure the quote was that D'Antoni had to bomb the 2nd interview in order not to get the job. Did he bomb that last interview? And how the hell are you almost going to hire Mike D'Antoni but then hire Doc Rivers? So many questions.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:37 PM   #346
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Bam and the Dragon both out of game 2. This is likely a sweep.

Well isn't this a female dog.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:42 PM   #347
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kyrie talking about collaborative coaching is cringe. That’s not how anything works
Old 10-02-2020, 08:32 AM   #348
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
How the hell did he come in and take D'Antoni's job? I am pretty sure the quote was that D'Antoni had to bomb the 2nd interview in order not to get the job. Did he bomb that last interview? And how the hell are you almost going to hire Mike D'Antoni but then hire Doc Rivers? So many questions.

If I'm the 76ers, I put D'Antoni on hold as soon as I hear Rivers is available.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:15 AM   #349
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If I'm the 76ers, I put D'Antoni on hold as soon as I hear Rivers is available.

I don't see them being similar enough coaches for me to be looking at both for the same job. If you are looking for a Doc Rivers type of coach, I don't see how you get so far down the road as they seemed to have gotten with D'Antoni. I think Doc is a better coach than D'Antoni. I don't think he is a better version of the type of coach Mike D'Antoni is.
Old 10-04-2020, 06:52 PM   #350
miami_fan
Coordinator

No Bam, no Goran again. An uphill climb indeed.

That being said, I think I found a nominee for this year's "That guy is a champion?!" award.

Attention Required! | Cloudflare