Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
I've been using 3 man since we started FOOL-H...but I think it will be my last year. I just noticed that my starters only get back to about 90% by the time their next start hits.
It does work i suppose, but I wonder if that is tied into why some of my pitchers have had skill decreases while still in their prime.

I don't think the skill decreases are tied into that. I haven't seen any myself from it. But I do agree that I don't like using the 3 man for the regular season for similar reasons. I also think it taxes my bullpen too much which is rather mediocre at best anyways. As I mentioned, I had planned on going back to 4 man last season so will likely investigate trying it again next season as long as I can find a 4th starter I feel comfortable with. (or possibly trade for one I like *hint hint*)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #52
TimGuru
High School Varsity

I am willing to part with a starter. It would be nice to see a trade happen in this league.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:38 AM   #53
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Congrats ekcut, timguru and spot.

I don't remember if I've ever played against ekcut in the playoffs in another league. Should be fun!

Congrats to all.

I didn't beleive it but it's true....this will be the 1st time I've met Alan in the playoffs. All those years of me finnishing 2nd behind Valdosta were the years when only the division leaders made the playoffs.

I've already got my post-playoff speach started...
'It was an honour just being there and I thank god we got out of there without being hurt to severely...on the plus side at least it was over quick!"

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekcut View Post
Congrats to all.

I didn't beleive it but it's true....this will be the 1st time I've met Alan in the playoffs. All those years of me finnishing 2nd behind Valdosta were the years when only the division leaders made the playoffs.

I've already got my post-playoff speach started...
'It was an honour just being there and I thank god we got out of there without being hurt to severely...on the plus side at least it was over quick!"

I think you and I both know that you have a good shot of knocking me off. Our teams were pretty even talented in the regular season. Plus ironically enough I somehow ended up with a losing record at home which is not so great when I have home field!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #55
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Ha..."All those years finnishing 2nd to Valdosta"
I laugh at how time distorts facts. Curiosity got the best of me and I went to look up just how many times I finnished as a bridesmaid to Alan...I was sure it was half a dozen to 9 times...but in reality just 3 times over a 5 yr span did I finnish 2nd. (2nd, 3rd, 7th, 2nd, 2nd) Man it feels like I was chasing him forever, but it was really just a month!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

Last edited by ekcut : 09-13-2009 at 10:46 AM.
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #56
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
I am willing to part with a starter. It would be nice to see a trade happen in this league.

I already made the first trade Everyone on my team will be available this off-season. I will be looking for usable prospects (nothing special just enough potential to play in the big leagues) and/or expiring contracts (bring on your type a/b salary dumps).
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:45 AM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Just noticed something, and I'll take whatever hit is coming for it but not sure how it happened: I'm showing a $65,225,000 payroll at the end of the season. I thought I was under to start; does anything mess with these numbers after the season gets rolling? Did these get checked before the season? If not, most likely culprit would be me forgetting that we have a $350K min in this league (right?) and left $100K and called someone up or something.

Regardless, it looks like I played the season over the cap.

That was my mistake for not noticing. I appreciate you bringing it up, though.

It's usually based on the severity of the infraction in this case, it wasn't that high. So the penalty will be that your cap for next season will be $64.5 million rather than the standard $65m.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-13-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 PM   #58
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
It's usually based on the severity of the infraction in this case, it wasn't that high. So the penalty will be that your cap for next season will be $64.5 million rather than the standard $65m.

Okay. I'll try not to screw this one up, too...