Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-26-2009, 11:33 PM   #51
MattG
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Looks like my draft list lasted part way through the 2nd round. So I got roughly 4 quality picks this time around. Not as bad as I had feared, but not as much as I would have liked for the free agents I lost.

If you do your own draft list and it runs out does the computer just pick "best" available? I was afraid of doing one this time b/c I wasn't sure and really missed out.

MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:28 AM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
If you do your own draft list and it runs out does the computer just pick "best" available? I was afraid of doing one this time b/c I wasn't sure and really missed out.

Yep! As soon as your draft list is empty it will just do AI pick from there on just as if you never had submitted one.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:04 AM   #53
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimGuru View Post
In regard to the American league, I think that Baltimore looks like the team to beat.

Predicted order of finish:

1. Baltimore Orioles
2. Philadelphia Athletics
3. Louisville Black Caps
4. NY Yankees
5. Boston Red Sox
6. Chicago Whales
7. Detroit Tigers
8. Washington Senators

The Tigers look to have an impressive offense, but pitching looks like a problem. Something about the composition of the Red Sox doesn't ring true to me, although it was tempting to throw them higher based on last year's success. I think Matt's grousing about Louisville is a cover for a team that the AI had in surprisingly good shape. I feel that my Yankees are somewhat better, with my 2 early draft picks shoring up my pitching tremendously, but I do not think I can crack the top 2 this year.

I think the AL will once again be tight in the middle, with a similar spread of 7 or 8 games separating 5 or 6 teams from 2nd down.

THANKS! Hopefully this isn't like the Mike Greenberg kiss of death.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #54
hyde4us11
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
THANKS! Hopefully this isn't like the Mike Greenberg kiss of death.

Greeny reference in ootp world, nice.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:04 AM   #55
spot
High School JV

Quote:
dola, Washington would never be in the 8th spot if Tasan was still running them with full intent, but his expressed lack of interest and I'm not sure if the team hasn't been turned over, has me skeptical that any "magic" can be worked with a pretty depleted looking team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Spot is running Washington now (I never updated the Team list, doing that now!). He is an OOTP veteran (having been around ootp as long as I have probably). I haven't really looked at Washington too much yet, but I expect as long as Spot takes a liking to the FOOL format, he should be able to make them not be total pushovers in a season or two.

Thanks for the Vote of Confidence Alan. I'll try to uphold the expectation!

The face that Washington had no $$$ and the roster itself was pretty thin will probably mean a down year or two. Our spring has given me some (false?) hope, but I am a realist.
spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #56
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Hey Spot welcome, I am just getting back up to speed with the league and FOOL in general since I took over after FA of 03. Alan is usually on the money, so I expect the Senators will find themselves in the mix soon.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:37 AM   #57
spot
High School JV

Quote:
Hey Spot welcome, I am just getting back up to speed with the league and FOOL in general since I took over after FA of 03. Alan is usually on the money, so I expect the Senators will find themselves in the mix soon.

In the mix soon? Nah, I expect we will win it all this season!

Did I mention that I was a realist?
spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:05 AM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My schedule has changed these days, so my days are longer as I'm coaching JV tennis in addition to my day job (and teaching some weekends) and so...anyway, I wasn't able to run the file yesterday because internet was down at my house, but I'm going to download the file on my work machine and run the season today.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

If you were over 25 players (NYG, Chicago Whales and Washington were) I had to do it for you manually and so, I took the worst players off that you didn't have starting.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:43 AM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
My schedule has changed these days, so my days are longer as I'm coaching JV tennis in addition to my day job (and teaching some weekends) and so...anyway, I wasn't able to run the file yesterday because internet was down at my house, but I'm going to download the file on my work machine and run the season today.

I didn't know you lived at my house!! (pretty funny, my internet was down this morning when I got up.. weird!)

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #61
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Thank goodness mine isn't. I hurt my back yesterday golfing (ON THE SECOND %^&* hole, ^&*($# IT!!!!) and took a sick day today to lie around and rest it and tear it up on ootp.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:58 AM   #62
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Thank goodness mine isn't. I hurt my back yesterday golfing (ON THE SECOND %^&* hole, ^&*($# IT!!!!) and took a sick day today to lie around and rest it and tear it up on ootp.

Hehe...sweet. Sick days ftw.