Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: If Trump Loses In November, What Do You Think Happens Next
Normal transition of power. He meets with Biden, stays until 1/20, comes to inauguration, etc. 5 5.56%
He doesn't fight the result, but resigns prior to the inauguration. 2 2.22%
He fights the result but gives up shortly before the inauguration (let's define "shortly" as "some time after the EC meets on 12/14") 30 33.33%
He fights the result all the way to January 20th. Has to be physically removed. 12 13.33%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up and resigns before the inauguration 6 6.67%
He fights the result for a short time, but gives up an then we have a normal transition as per option 1. 30 33.33%
Other. (You know you gotta specify this one.) 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2022, 12:34 PM   #5851
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Shouldn't be let back in the party? They run the party! McConnell is holding onto his perch with a couple of talons at this point. Most everyone else who holds any sway in the party has pledged fealty to Trump. There are no adults left in the room. There are only those who have been less outspoken than others.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:35 PM   #5852
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I think if Trump is indicted, every Trump supporter doubles down and anyone that has any prayer of winning a nomination in the GOP will have to swear they will do everything they can to get him released and dismantle all Federal police forces. I really don't see the far right easing from their frenzy until they win, they lose bad enough they recognize it is futile, or actually start widespread violence. We are far too gone to believe arresting Trump wakes people up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 12:36 PM   #5853
Ksyrup

Yep.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 08-17-2022, 12:43 PM   #5854
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Adam Kinzinger, who I know because he's a Rep from Illinois.

I think she's part of a vestigal GOP wing that thinks the Trump stuff is still just a fever dream and when it passes they can capitalize.

We'll see. Seems unlikely.

With Kinzinger, my Illinois relatives just figured he was positioning himself to run for governor/Senator. But Pritzker is a quite popular governor and both the Senators are fairly popular. But it's a good gamble for someone who was never really going to stand out much unless he was an extremely gifted politician.

Cheney is a more complicated one. She had the legacy name and was already in a House leadership position. I wonder if she misjudged the way the wind was blowing and thought that taking this stand would position her even better in the "new" Republican party. I mean, on Jan 6th - the GOP hadn't settled into their new, ridiculous talking points - people were actually, you know, scared because they had almost been killed. So she looked around, thought this would be the end of Trump, and went to what she misjudged to be the winning side and she's been wedded to it ever since. On the other hand, maybe she actually felt that was a bridge too far. I dunno, though, she's the daughter of someone who could be considered one of the bigger war criminals of the early 21st century so I have a hard time believing it was morality vs misreading political calculus.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 01:25 PM   #5855
bronconick
College Starter

We're basically stuck hoping that his Big Mac's and Diet Coke's causes a massive coronary at this point. Evil lives forever(Hi, Dick Cheney!), though.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #5856
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I think if Trump is indicted, every Trump supporter doubles down and anyone that has any prayer of winning a nomination in the GOP will have to swear they will do everything they can to get him released and dismantle all Federal police forces. I really don't see the far right easing from their frenzy until they win, they lose bad enough they recognize it is futile, or actually start widespread violence. We are far too gone to believe arresting Trump wakes people up.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Exactly. Lets not forget he got 75 million votes AFTER the shit show off a first term he put us through. If he can't run the person who will win will be the one who promises to pardon him.

There is literally nothing showing us his supporters, or republicans in general, will ever abandon him. Hell, you could argue this stuff is making him stronger.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:40 PM   #5857
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
We're basically stuck hoping that his Big Mac's and Diet Coke's causes a massive coronary at this point.

And the conspiracy theories around his death, whenever and however it will happen, will be the height of insanity.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 02:42 PM   #5858
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I wonder how people would look at 1/6 if they had killed one or all of Pelosi, Pence, AOC, etc..
Old 08-17-2022, 02:42 PM   #5859
Ksyrup

I can just hear him talking about his death the way he did the upcoming 2020 election being rigged.

"I'm not going to die ever, but if I do, it will be because someone in the Swamp murdered me! Mark it down NOW! If I die, it was totally foul play."
Old 08-17-2022, 02:48 PM   #5860
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I can just hear him talking about his death the way he did the upcoming 2020 election being rigged.

"I'm not going to die ever, but if I do, it will be because someone in the Swamp murdered me! Mark it down NOW! If I die, it was totally foul play."

Tucker Carlson: "Who did Hillary Clinton hire to kill Donald Trump? Do you really think he died on the can of a heart attack while Tweeting?"

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-17-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:19 PM   #5861
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Cheney is a more complicated one. She had the legacy name and was already in a House leadership position. I wonder if she misjudged the way the wind was blowing and thought that taking this stand would position her even better in the "new" Republican party. I mean, on Jan 6th - the GOP hadn't settled into their new, ridiculous talking points - people were actually, you know, scared because they had almost been killed. So she looked around, thought this would be the end of Trump, and went to what she misjudged to be the winning side and she's been wedded to it ever since. On the other hand, maybe she actually felt that was a bridge too far. I dunno, though, she's the daughter of someone who could be considered one of the bigger war criminals of the early 21st century so I have a hard time believing it was morality vs misreading political calculus.

SI
I think she is a "true believer." I really don't think this was pure political play for her, but she really doesn't align very well with Trump on many issues and his reaction to the election was a final straw. Her dad is not a fan of Trump, either. Their agenda has always more Neo-Con than just conservative, and Trump's cow-towing to Russia is the antithesis of everything Chaney created false reasons to invade Iraq was all about. They will play lip-service to social conservatism to win elections, but their real target is an American world financial dominance.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:43 PM   #5862
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Old 08-18-2022, 01:07 AM   #5863
whomario
Pro Starter

Damn the right wing NCIs (No Change Idiots) are so predictable. So in Germany IKEA put out a short press release that they will stop selling French Fries (most ikea have a Restaurant attached) due to them being kind of not exactly sustainable food (bad CO2 print etc) and the aforementioned group is going crazy about how they "won't ever go there again" because they hate "being educated". Same people who run around with shower emojis in their twitter profile to claim they will shower longer out of protest of our government asking people to shower less/shorter to save energy/water. Revolution !!!
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-18-2022 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:14 AM   #5864
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

just think how fucking godlike he would be in 4K!
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 05:36 AM   #5865
whomario
Pro Starter

Last edited by whomario : 08-18-2022 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:14 AM   #5866
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Damn the right wing NCIs (No Change Idiots) are so predictable. So in Germany IKEA put out a short press release that they will stop selling French Fries (most ikea have a Restaurant attached) due to them being kind of not exactly sustainable food (bad CO2 print etc) and the aforementioned group is going crazy about how they "won't ever go there again" because they hate "being educated". Same people who run around with shower emojis in their twitter profile to claim they will shower longer out of protest of our government asking people to shower less/shorter to save energy/water. Revolution !!!
They do here as well. I know they are famous for their meatballs. I didn't know their fries were so good they could cause protests.
Old 08-18-2022, 06:46 AM   #5867
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
They do here as well. I know they are famous for their meatballs. I didn't know their fries were so good they could cause protests.

They could be fried over No2s and these people would react that way.

Additional context, should have known better: Of course it turns out it wasn't even IKEA as such but one branch that decided to substitute fries with an alternative (salt potatoes). There's a reason these people also almost never volunteer a link or even specific information (to the best of my knowledge neither the media nor IKEA could yet find out which branch)
Old 08-18-2022, 07:19 AM   #5868
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

White conservatives are the most-catered-to and least-discriminated-against group in the world.

But their worldview requires that they be persecuted.

So they keep finding stuff like "an IKEA in Germany is using different fried potatoes" because that is literally all they have.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 07:33 AM   #5869
Ksyrup

A week or three ago, wasn't it outrage over Cracker Barrel merely offering plant-based sausage? I mean, I get it, Cracker Barrel has been as close to a substitute symbol for the confederate flag as anything in the past 3-4 decades, but it's not like they replaced regular ol' sausage links with no other option than to eat "impossisausage" (if that's not what it's called, it totally should be).
Old 08-18-2022, 08:38 AM   #5870
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

What is Filipkowski getting at here? Is he saying based off Rudys testimony Trump is going to be charged today?
Old 08-18-2022, 08:50 AM   #5871
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
What is Filipkowski getting at here? Is he saying based off Rudys testimony Trump is going to be charged today?

No I think he is saying that the "perfect phone call" to GA is going to be the first crime he'll be charged with over the election results. Because its a pretty clear case no matter how Trump lawyers might try to distort if/when it goes to trial.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:53 AM   #5872
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
A week or three ago, wasn't it outrage over Cracker Barrel merely offering plant-based sausage? I mean, I get it, Cracker Barrel has been as close to a substitute symbol for the confederate flag as anything in the past 3-4 decades, but it's not like they replaced regular ol' sausage links with no other option than to eat "impossisausage" (if that's not what it's called, it totally should be).

I think that the real rage comes from the fact that it now makes economic sense to cater to non-meat eaters. They hate hate hate that the world is changing and less people like them are in it. It's the same rage that motivates Build The Wall.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:07 AM   #5873
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:

Not to mention that Atlanta actually clocks in at 22nd in the highest murder rate per capita and isn't even the highest in the state of Georgia, but watch people run with that.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 10:30 AM   #5874
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So Weisselberg i going to serve about 6 days per guilty plea. He will testify against the Trump org which at best would result in some fines. Zero accountability for Trump. They should have thrown the deal out the window unless he was willing to offer 100% cooperation. No accountability.

It absolutely blows my mind that people refuse to accept that at some point EVERYTHING he touches dies.
Old 08-18-2022, 10:38 AM   #5875
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Yes if there's anyone who knows all about sincerity, its soon to be bankrupt Alex Jones

Old 08-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #5876
bhlloy
Coordinator

So am I completely nuts to think that Cheney running third party in this hypothetical situation helps Trump not hurts him? He has the most solid base, Cheney isn’t taking a single vote from that and all she does is fragment the center who might actually be holding their nose and voting anti-Trump again.

Or put another way, does the group of Republicans who otherwise would vote for Trump but will instead vote for a no-hope former Senator just to make sure their party loses the WH really exist? I mean I’d love to think it does in todays my team is better than your team dynamic but I’m not sure there’s any evidence or logic that it does.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 01:25 PM   #5877
Ksyrup

Somebody on Twitter referred to her as "all 5 Kids In the Hall playing the same character" and now I can't unsee it.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-18-2022 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2022, 01:32 PM   #5878
Ksyrup

Nice.

Old 08-18-2022, 01:59 PM   #5879
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So am I completely nuts to think that Cheney running third party in this hypothetical situation helps Trump not hurts him? He has the most solid base, Cheney isn’t taking a single vote from that and all she does is fragment the center who might actually be holding their nose and voting anti-Trump again.

Or put another way, does the group of Republicans who otherwise would vote for Trump but will instead vote for a no-hope former Senator just to make sure their party loses the WH really exist? I mean I’d love to think it does in todays my team is better than your team dynamic but I’m not sure there’s any evidence or logic that it does.
Nope. Said the same thing earlier in the thread. Cheney doesn't pull Trump votes, only independents that would have stayed home or voted Dem.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:02 PM   #5880
GrantDawg

Quote:
Nice.

I guess, but really I'm pretty sure DeSantis was counting on the courts to overrule this. He is going to use court rulings against him as "proof" the courts are corrupt. His real goal is not these laws, it is the complete dismantling of any check of his power.
Old 08-18-2022, 02:22 PM   #5881
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Cheney's best bet would be to run in the primary and just use all her stage time to attack Trump in the debates. But the RNC won't let her within 1,000 feet of the debate stage. And I doubt Trump does debates anymore anyway.

She would, I think, help him get elected if she ran as a 3rd party.
Old 08-18-2022, 03:05 PM   #5882
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Cheney's best bet would be to run in the primary and just use all her stage time to attack Trump in the debates. But the RNC won't let her within 1,000 feet of the debate stage. And I doubt Trump does debates anymore anyway.

She would, I think, help him get elected if she ran as a 3rd party.
Of course, Yang's party is already trying to do that. My bet is that Yang will only coincidentally get on the ballot in purple states.
Old 08-18-2022, 08:42 PM   #5883
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Of course, Yang's party is already trying to do that. My bet is that Yang will only coincidentally get on the ballot in purple states.

Someone's got to take Ralph Nader and Jill Stein's job.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 05:34 AM   #5884
whomario
Pro Starter

I don't want to know how she is blackmailing FOX to keep her on air and half expect this to be a stunt for a big reveal how "even she now agrees ..." at some point. But still, i kinda enjoy it for the often flabbergasted reactions of her co-hosts/guests (also, wtf is that guy at the start ?)
Old 08-20-2022, 09:57 AM   #5885
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Why can't our political scandals be more like this?

Finland PM Sanna Marin faces criticism over 'boisterous' party video
Old 08-20-2022, 10:14 AM   #5886
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Why can't our political scandals be more like this?

Finland PM Sanna Marin faces criticism over 'boisterous' party video
Why can't our leaders look like that?
Old 08-20-2022, 10:14 AM   #5887
GrantDawg

In another ode to the Republican moto "I got mine, f- you!"
Old 08-20-2022, 10:51 AM   #5888
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

I don't want to know how she is blackmailing FOX to keep her on air and half expect this to be a stunt for a big reveal how "even she now agrees ..." at some point. But still, i kinda enjoy it for the often flabbergasted reactions of her co-hosts/guests (also, wtf is that guy at the start ?)

They used to do the same thing with Juan. They have a token dem on the panel so they can resoundingly shoot her down and try and make her points look extreme and ridiculous. All so that people like my Mother in Law can point and say, see, they give all sides of the issue!
Old 08-22-2022, 03:47 PM   #5889
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Trump Mar-a-Lago search was justified | Fox News
Old 08-22-2022, 09:29 PM   #5890
Thomkal
Head Coach

NYTimes reported tonight that Trump had over 300 classified documents. 300!

Also Trump finally filed his request for a Special Master to go through the documents about 2 weeks later than he should have, and Twitter lawyers are having a ball going through it all.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:55 PM   #5891
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
NYTimes reported tonight that Trump had over 300 classified documents. 300!

Also Trump finally filed his request for a Special Master to go through the documents about 2 weeks later than he should have, and Twitter lawyers are having a ball going through it all.

If it was already reported I didn't catch it, but they're also saying the National Archives were on site at Mar-a-Lago in June to retrieve documents. This was after Trump supposedly sent them everything in January. They felt he was still hiding documents so interviews were conducted and they checked Mar-a-Lago surveillance which confirmed he was withholding documents and that's when the DOJ got involved.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:32 AM   #5892
GrantDawg

A Trump ally released a letter from the National Archives trying to prove that this was a "witch hunt." Instead it clearly shows the strength of the attempt by Trump to prevent these documents from being turned over, and the lack of security thry kept under while in his possession.
Old 08-23-2022, 06:47 AM   #5893
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The irony here is that even though MAGA is portraying this as a politically motivated hit against Trump, he may actually end up in more trouble because they were too accommodating to him as a former President.

The story that is coming out is that he had very important and sensitive stuff that he should not have had. I can tell you as a criminal defense lawyer that the government's general approach when they think someone has something that they shouldn't is to come get it. And probably arrest you for having it while they are there getting it.

But Trump is special. So they don't come take it. They ask nicely. They spend months and months and months working with him and his lawyers to try to resolve the situation. And only when Trump's lies about what he had became too blatant and obvious to ignore did they get a warrant to go get it.

The months and months of negotiations and the obvious lies will make it much harder for any defenses of "I didn't know what I had" or "I thought it was declassified" to work.

If they had not treated him with deference and respect and just gone and taken the stuff in January (like they would have done with almost anyone else), then he'd have much better defenses of "I had no idea this was in my basement" and "If they had just asked, I'd have given them back no problem."
Old 08-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #5894
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still think he gets off.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:19 AM   #5895
Ksyrup

I'm having a hard time figure out how this ends. In the short term, this helps Trump. If he's charged with something (either this or the GA thing), I doubt the GOP is all of a sudden going to say "we can't nominate someone under federal indictment." We're way past them doing anything but doubling down and rallying behind him. In the long term, I can't see him doing a plea deal where he admits to anything of substance, and in a worst case scenario, he probably figures he'll take his chance with a jury and that there's one MAGA who has concealed himself well enough on social media to be accepted and torpedo any guilty verdict.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:23 AM   #5896
PilotMan
Head Coach

In the end, even if he's found guilty, he's banking on someone from his long line of supporters to pardon and vindicate him. All he has to do is run out the clock long enough for that to happen.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:26 AM   #5897
RainMaker
General Manager

He drew a very Trumpy judge and they've been helping run out the clock on things that hurt him. Just see how long the tax stuff with Congress took when the law is abundantly clear.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:26 AM   #5898
RainMaker
General Manager

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 10:58 AM   #5899
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't there a popular Tweet out there something to the effect of "The people who threw rocks at Ruby Bridges for going to school are now upset their kids might learn about them throwing rocks at Ruby Bridges for going to school."

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-23-2022 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2022, 11:02 AM   #5900
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He drew a very Trumpy judge and they've been helping run out the clock on things that hurt him. Just see how long the tax stuff with Congress took when the law is abundantly clear.

Unless something has changed this morning, its very likely the DOJ will seek to consolidate the two motions under the more neutral judge or at least seek to have the Trump judge recuse herself.

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-23-2022 at 11:02 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote