Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #451
PilotMan
Head Coach

Good news this week! Ali is finally back at work in the gym. It is still going to be some time before he will be in fight conditioning, but at least now, he can get back in shape. I am on the lookout for a new opponent for Ismael Gutierrez, and another for Andreas Ruelas.

There are a few guys who are down to 2 fights each remaining on their contracts. I need to decide after their next fights whether or not they have what it takes to keep fighting for Punishment Inc.

Omar Acevedo is the first. He did well in his last fight, but he might be reaching the pinnacle of his ability. He is closing in on a top 25 ranking in the Lightweight category, and he could potentially make top 10, but his chin is a real drawback.

Andreas Ruelas is the second fighter. He will most likely be resigned, because he is only now, getting into the form of a fighter who is ready to make a move up the rankings. He is still ranked rather low, but he has had some great fights, and he is still fairly reasonable to sign.

Glenn Leeds is the last fighter. I signed him as a potential big money maker. His value has increased almost 50% since I signed him, and he is undefeated, but there is something about the way that he fights that makes me really hesitant. He has the raw, natural ability to really be someone, perhaps I need to be more dedicated to him.

Here is a preview of the fights this week:

Bantamweight World Champion and Fighter of the Year - Carlos Zarate 68-5-1(62) v. #4 Hiroshi Nagase 33-9-1(12)

Zarate is in his first title defense against a fighter who hasn’t lost in almost two years. Nagase recently fought to a draw with Xavier Firth, almost three months ago. This is the first time that he has been ranked in the top 10. I can understand why his first defense is against a fighter with limited status in this division, and I can also understand why he is so reluctant to fight Job Reyes again. However, I still think that Reyes is the man. Zarate lost a year ago, to a fighter that Nagase beat later that same year. Zarate is the heavy favorite at 2/5, while Nagase is at 11/5. Nagase has a great chin, but Zarate hits like a hammer. He will likely defend succesfully.

Former Flyweight Champion - #2 Gerardo Ramirez 29-2-0(13) v. #3 Mauro Martinez 36-0-0(21)

Mauro Martinez has beaten everyone. He has been ranked in the top 10 for three full years. He has never gotten a title shot. Ramirez is the only two time champ in history. Both want Rocky Cubillas, the current WCBM Fighter of the year. This is a titanic battle. Neither fighter has great stamina, and Martinez is a much bigger hitter. I love Martinez, but if Ramirez gets him reeling who knows what will happen. Maruro is a big favorite at 4/9 while the odds on Ramirez are 15/8. I cannot bet against a fighter who has yet to lose.

Former Light-Heavyweight Champion - #8 Julio Perez 17-4-0(6) v. #9 Otto Pink 32-2-0(25)

Perez has lost four fights in a row. Somehow, he is still in the top 10. Being a former champ must hold a lot of weight. In fact, he hasn’t won a fight since late 2004, and that was when he won the title. Pink is new to the top 10. When Perez won the title, Pink was ranked 40th in the division. Now he a bit higher. Pink comes in with much more confidence, and the poise of a fighter on the rise. All is not what is seems though. They both fought Javier Madrid. Perez beat him, but Pink lost to him, just about a year ago. This is a power v. defense matchup. Perez is the defense, while Pink is the power. Perez is the favorite at 2/5, and Pink is at 2/1. I don’t know where Perez’s head is at, so maybe Pink will get some money on this one.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 AM   #452
PilotMan
Head Coach

The time comes in a young fighters career, when he needs to test his meddle against another young figher on his way to the top. Sometimes the winner makes his move, and claims his destiny, and sometimes the loser falls into disrepair, and never is the same again. The time has come for one, young Punishment Inc fighter to cross this path.

In three weeks, Ismael Gutierrez will face his toughest challenge. He will fight Nolito Lamela. Lamela currently has a record of 6-0-1(1). Lamela, is a very accurate puncher with a great chin, and a solid punch. He won’t press the action, but will look to take advantage of mistakes made by the other guy. Both men are at the top of their respective games right now, and both could easily use this to move to bigger and better things. Gutierrez is the early favorite, but time will tell.

The results from last weeks fightes were exciting to say the least.

In the Flyweight division, Mauro Martinez continued his winning ways by scoring an 8th round KO of Gerardo Ramirez. (+22.2k) He deserves his shot now, please?

In the Light Heavyweight division, Otto Pink won a split decision over Julio Perez. If this doesn’t kick Perez out of the top 10, I don’t know what will. (+400k, yeah baby!)

And in the Bantamweight division, Hiroshi Nagase was crowned the new champion after he surprised Zarate, and knocked him out in the 3rd round of their title fight. Without Job in there, the division is up for grabs, but maybe he will get his shot again. (-50k)

The Light heavyweight title is on the line this week.

Light Heavyweight World Champion and Fighter of the Year - Bob Foster 67-8-1(53) v. #2 Roy Jones 46-2-1(35)

Jones last loss was to Foster over a year ago. Foster tagged him and Jones was out in round one. Both of Jones’ losses were by KO in round one. So I figure, if he survives round one, he will win. This will be Foster’s second defense of the title, and first this year. Jones is rated very high, but his fights havn’t been great lately. This fight should not go the distance, but who knows? Both are killers. Jones is the favorite at 2/5, while the odds on the champ are 2/1. I will take the Champ with a proven history and those odds any day of the week.

Like Steam?

Old 02-14-2006, 01:18 PM   #453
PilotMan
Head Coach

Maybe I should have stuck with the favorite. Another new Light Heavyweight champ is crowned after Roy Jones scored a 9th round TKO over Bob Foster. (-100k) Jones becomes the 6th champ in three and a half years. Who will bring stability and a long reign to the title?

The new rankings are out and here is where the fighters of Punishment Inc stand.

Melvin Horne (L) #3

Muhammad Ali (H) #5

Lawrence McFarlane (M) #7

Omar Acevedo (L) #29

Lee Drydon (FY) #59

Andreas Ruelas (M) #71

Ismael Gutierrez (LH) #93

Glenn Leeds (W) #105

Tomoaki Watanabe (W) #112

Andreas will make his next fight a tougher one. He will fight #58 ranked vet fighter Rocky Graziano. The fight will be in two months. It will be power v. power, in an all out slugfest. Rocky’s chin and his defense will be tested greatly. I like the matchup for Andreas, especially with his contract winding down.

Ismael has his fight in two weeks. He looks like is going to be in tip top shape. I have my fingers crossed.

Middleweight Figher of the Year - #2 George Kings 27-2-1(9) v. #5 Roger Jennings 40-3-1(28)

Kings is very familar to everyone who knows Punishment Inc. He beat Lawrence in a big fight, and has beaten everyone else since. Jennings is a very good fighter too. His last fight was a KO of Jeff Larkin, but neither fighter has been able to beat Bill Neville, both of whom drew with the fighter. Jennings has been known to not be in the best of shape, and his chin, really hasn’t been tested. He shouldn’t have to worry about Kings. Who is a pretty light puncher. His biggest problem will be dealing with his defense and counter punching ability. Kings is the favorite here. Odds are a runaway 1/4, while odds on Jennings are 15/4. After knowing how tough Kings is, I gotta lean his way here.

Like Steam?