Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2006, 02:11 AM   #2001
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
No offense, but I don't think it's right to pm between players if one is still alive, whatever the reason. Obviously you weren't trying to cheat or anything, but it just doesn't seem right. I don't think it influenced the outcome of the game, but how do you know what he knows and vice-versa?

I thought about PM'ing hoops a "I hope you get nailed" message, but refrained, because it didn't seem right.

There were several things that happened this game that probably shouldn't have, but they didn't affect the outcome, so I'm inclined to just let them lie and trust that the people in question - and they know who they are - know better than to do it again.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:13 AM   #2002
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
There were several things that happened this game that probably shouldn't have, but they didn't affect the outcome, so I'm inclined to just let them lie and trust that the people in question - and they know who they are - know better than to do it again.

I promise I wont die on day one again next time. Please forgive me!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 02:16 AM   #2003
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
I promise I wont die on day one again next time. Please forgive me!

I still can't believe nobody went after me until the one day when that was the worst possible idea...and still ended up lynching a Jedi instead.

I'm just in awe of hoops' manipulatory powers, and hope he never runs for political office.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:36 AM   #2004
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack

I agree. In no way am I accusing anyone of intentionally trying to influence the game and I think the result was due to good play by the bad guys, but I feel the point needed to be made.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:32 AM   #2005
Vince
Pro Starter

Saldana -- KWhit's death was amazing

I'm curious as to what you were going to do if Hoops got lynched though...

Well played, hoops and SackAttack. I'm really unsure of how hoops got through unscathed...Alan had been commenting for at least a few days now that he thought Sack was a bad guy, but I wasn't feeling that way very much, if at all. Although it's bad...I've start to come to the conclusion that if Hoops is still alive after a few days, he's probably a bad guy, because I know he's right at the top of my list to eliminate if I'm a bad guy

I remember back on day...what was it, 2? That Alan and I discussed the possibility of Desnudo subtly putting a reveal out there, but we weren't sure. Then, I think two days ago, I started to get a really bad vibe out of Desnudo. He had almost completely changed his game tactic, and I thought that perhaps he was a bad guy.

When Ardent came out with his 'vote change' thing, I instantaneously became suspicious of him...I was quite surprised when he turned out to be a vanilla Jedi. For the most part, behind the scenes Alan and I kept wondering how in the living hell people would continue to do things that made no sense (Qwik's voting for himself, Ardent's vote change, people claiming "one of the three is evil"), and then NOT get voted for. Alan and I were flabbergasted that Qwik lasted as long as he did.

Very well run game saldana -- I'm sorry that I wasn't involved
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:01 AM   #2006
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

Well played, hoops and SackAttack. I'm really unsure of how hoops got through unscathed...Alan had been commenting for at least a few days now that he thought Sack was a bad guy, but I wasn't feeling that way very much, if at all. Although it's bad...I've start to come to the conclusion that if Hoops is still alive after a few days, he's probably a bad guy, because I know he's right at the top of my list to eliminate if I'm a bad guy

I remember back on day...what was it, 2? That Alan and I discussed the possibility of Desnudo subtly putting a reveal out there, but we weren't sure. Then, I think two days ago, I started to get a really bad vibe out of Desnudo. He had almost completely changed his game tactic, and I thought that perhaps he was a bad guy.

When Ardent came out with his 'vote change' thing, I instantaneously became suspicious of him...I was quite surprised when he turned out to be a vanilla Jedi. For the most part, behind the scenes Alan and I kept wondering how in the living hell people would continue to do things that made no sense (Qwik's voting for himself, Ardent's vote change, people claiming "one of the three is evil"), and then NOT get voted for. Alan and I were flabbergasted that Qwik lasted as long as he did.

I think Desnudo was our second night kill attempt. That or the third. It's amazing to me that after we hit the bonded role on night one, that we hit on the seer so quickly AND the bodyguard also picked him to protect. That's just remarkable kismet.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #2007
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, I just went looking for the PMs that Dubb and I exchange (he sent, I replied, he replied, not sure if I sent one last reply or not) but they are no longer there as I had to purge stuff from the PM box a few times and in this case didn't save them for post-game review. The gist of them was ...

Dubb:
YOU!!!!
I was trying to get the apprentice (thought it was AE, he was playing weird) so I could kill the Sith Lord and have all the power. Buwahahaha. Good luck.

I don't even remember my reply, but I think it was fairly non-commital and saying that I hoped I could live for a little while longer. Dubb, if you still have the PMs please feel free to post their contents.

I agree that in-game PMs between participants should not be sent. In the past, when I have received them (never with players that are alive, sometimes from the dead or players who are not in the game) I almost never revealed my role because I like to keep people guessing. And I worry a little bit about information moving between other players who would communicate with me, either intentionally or inadvertantly.

I was pretty confident after Dubb passed that AE was a vanilla Jedi, as he had posted this in the thread. In fact, that is why I moved his vote on Day 4. I knew there was risk/reward with using the ability, but after three days of not using it I wanted to start creating some confusion with it. I almost used it on Taz at one point, but shortly after that he came out with his reveal about being mentally strong.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #2008
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn, I would have sworn that KWhit was a Sith...

http://www.fof-ihof.com/phpBB2/viewt...ghlight=#84616

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 03:42 PM   #2009
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

At Hoops request....

Quote:
If I had known it was you that was the apprentice I would have let Barkeep go after you and thrown my vote on you.

Quote:
I fucked up, as I was going to move a vote but chickened out at the end because I didn't want to risk getting burned by someone who could resist.

I had then mustered up the courage to do it, but Saldana wasn't around and I wanted the person to have to type the post in (UNVOTE DUBB, VOTE AE) rather than Saldana doing it because it would be harder for the player to explain.

Bottom line, I didn't know what role AE had, but if AE was telling the truth about being a generic scrub (I think he was, but don't know any roles so please don't tell me anything) then I wanted him gone to put heat on you the next day

Time to see how long I can stretch this out ...

Quote:
Good Luck, my ultimate goal was to get the apprentice lynched(I thought it was Ardent), and then I was going to kill the Sith Master. Probably not the best COA for the team, but I wanted the power

Quote:
LOL, very funny stuff. And I'm playing with some of the same objectives in mind. The Sith Master had best be cautious
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 06:07 PM   #2010
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince

I was amazed I lived that long, but I really wanted to smoke out rather than hold the cards to my vest...as a regular Jedi I really had nothing to lose.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #2011
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Wow fellow Jedi, we really blew it! Well played Sack, Hoops, SnDvls, and Cartman. I just want to say that I had my vote on Sack and not KWhit in the end

Saldana, well run game, the final death scene of KWhit was awesome--that is one of my all-time favorite scenes from Monty Python.

I must say towards the end I started to get a bad feeling from Hoops but I had NO suspicion of SnDvls, I thought for sure he was Jedi. Once Cartman switched off of Sack with almost no explanation, I started to think he was probably sith and he solidified my thoughts on Sack but at that point the vote count was something like 6-2 so we were already completely screwed. Great game.
Old 03-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #2012
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Saldana what was the tie breaker? Did I miss it?

once Lathum was killed, the tiebreaker became a count of cumulative votes from every day, like what happens on Survivor as the first tiebreak
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:50 AM   #2013
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
If you are a jedi, then your deductive skills need work.

Des, I know the game is over, but I can't figure out what you were doing as the seer.

If you were couldn't trust anything I said at any point, why not scan me right off the bat? At least then we wouldn't have gone through that virtual shoving match. I should have realized you were the seer when all of a sudden you believed I was a jedi.

Personally, if I were the seer, my scans would have been:
Dubb93
Hoops
Barkeep/path

after that...probably you, and the gramm, without thinking much into it. Perhaps, schmidty.

I don't think I would have ever pinged sack.

If you want to develop a circle of trust, better to get some of the players who are the most manipulative or deceitful, in my opinion. You got all four of us, but your delay by two days essentially cost us me and path...and you were too late by the time you got to hoops.

I haven't read who the jedi went after when I fell...I probably won't have time to do that till Monday, but it doesn't look like it was hoops, which means he played a fantastic game.

Path and me dead, he's alive...and noone kills hoops?
Old 03-12-2006, 06:51 AM   #2014
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Dola:

I talk about my classes a lot here.

Good news...I made the Dean's list last semester. I found out yesterday afternoon when I was invited to the awards banquet.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #2015
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I had Hoopsguy pinned for a sith by the beginning of day 2. I even PM'd AlanT that since we were both dead. Wish I had lived longer as it was a very interesting game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #2016
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Dola:

I talk about my classes a lot here.

Good news...I made the Dean's list last semester. I found out yesterday afternoon when I was invited to the awards banquet.
Congratulations
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 08:07 AM   #2017
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats, AE. That is a great accomplishment.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 AM   #2018
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No offense, but I don't think it's right to pm between players if one is still alive, whatever the reason. Obviously you weren't trying to cheat or anything, but it just doesn't seem right. I don't think it influenced the outcome of the game, but how do you know what he knows and vice-versa?

I thought about PM'ing hoops a "I hope you get nailed" message, but refrained, because it didn't seem right.

I absolutely agree. However, I'm done with WW for good, so my opinion probably isn't important.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #2019
hoopsguy
General Manager

AE, congrats on the Dean's List.

Eagles, why are you done with WW after this one? Particularly after saying that you wish you had lived longer here and that this was a very interesting game?
Old 03-12-2006, 09:08 AM   #2020
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Good job Hoops, you bested me on this one. In this game I was as sure as I could be of 3 things. One, AE was a good guy. Two, Hoops was a bad guy and three, Qwik was good.

I screwed up after the vote extension issue, because I was absolutely pissed off royaly about how that was handled. I never went back and reviewed things closely. I was so angry that Saldana publicly apologized to Hoops. That had to affect some people's mindset.

When I went back and read that day a few minutes ago, I was floored. I mean Sack was defending Hoops right and left and even after Hoops made a "role reveal" and the Sith took Desnudo out that night instead of Hoops, wow. I couldn't believe the team still would not go for Hoops, very frustrating. Then when I was questioning why they did not use the turn power more often, Sack came in with a huge posting explaining why. Man, I should have suspected Sack. I was just still seeing red from the whole extension, erase extension, then apologize to Hoops thing.

Saldana, don't take this personally, but you should should have never made the extension, recanted, then apologized to Hoops for screwing him. It just made everyone feel sorry for him. I think we all are going to make mistakes, so I just point that out as something to take away from the game for all of us.

The vote switches should have been described in the end of day results each time. This is WW, you have to give the villagers something to work with - in my opinion.

Does anyone else think the rule set was skewed greatly in favor of this sith? Or am I just crying over spilled milk? I mean losing probably does cloud things a bit.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #2021
hoopsguy
General Manager

Coming from the Sith side, I read the rules set and thought we had a tough time of it. Tanglewood could not be killed at night? Man, just one game I would love to get this role ...

Add to that the idea that we could only use the vote-move power on 1/2 the villager, with it failing on the other 1/2 and giving a 50% chance of being revealed, and we got lucky on our targets for that as well. AE saying he was a normal Jedi got me to target him, but SnDvls was a stab in the dark for the 2nd attempt.

Finally, if we ever lost a Sith we would have also lost a night kill in converting one of the sympathizers into the new Sith. Or else run the risk of being finished off the next day by a growing circle of trust.

With us not getting the seer until Night 6, I think this game was very, very winnable for the Jedi. I was floored when I read that because I had reached the conclusiong that either Lathum or Schmidty had been the seer by the time I was alive on Day 5.

In terms of the apology, I agree that could have been an influencing event. That was a tough spot for all parties involved, as I had to come out with a role reveal after having already taken care of that night with the SnDvls vote move. But obviously it is a much different game if that event never takes place.

It was frustrating that I could never move your suspicion levels off of me. I tried so many different approaches over those last three days and you weren't moving.

In terms of Sack, it all worked out in the end but I thought he was putting himself at more risk than he should have in defending me. I was going to be a flash-point for conversation as each day went by, and he could get himself a new apprentice if/when I was lynched. If I had been in his position I would have gone to great lengths to avoid appearing sympathetic to me even if he did want to keep me around just one more day ...
Old 03-12-2006, 09:40 AM   #2022
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
AE, congrats on the Dean's List.

Eagles, why are you done with WW after this one? Particularly after saying that you wish you had lived longer here and that this was a very interesting game?

A few reasons: 1) People keep doing things in games that they shouldn't and it is annoying me and taking the fun out of it for me.

2) "Experienced" players tend to be killed quickly if they are a good guy (as an example I've been killed on night 1 or 2, 3 out of the last 4 games I played. The only game I wasn't killed on either of those nights I was a bad guy) or automatically very high on the list of suspects if they aren't killed which also diminishes the fun for me.

However, it is mostly #1. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone, but it is a repetitive pattern that has diminished my joy in the game to the point where it is not worth playing any longer.

Now that being said, I do think Saldana ran a fun immersive game. Therefore, my points aren't exclusive with the idea that I wish I had lived longer and that this was a very interesting game.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:26 AM   #2023
hoopsguy
General Manager

The natural response to "experienced players die early if they aren't wolves" theory is for the wolves to begin working towards the less experienced players earlier in the action to let the villagers do the work for them.

We ended up doing that to some extent, with keeping Ardent around until Night 7 and Barkeep/Path ended up being lynched on Day 7. Dubb forced his removal on Day 3. I think that wolves who are paying attention to the game are going to at least have to consider doing this to keep some element of mystery.

I agree that it isn't much fun being snuffed by the wolves in a game before you really get going. But we are getting a deeper pool of experienced players and I'm not sure that the current trend is going to be the same as the results 5-7 games from now.

I can't argue point #1, although I think that the trend has been more positive than negative over the last few games.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #2024
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 1: Eagles
Night 2: Desnudo
Night 3: Schmidty
Night 4: Mckerney
Night 5: JeeberD
Night 6: Desnudo
Night 7: Ardent

This certainly wasn't a systematic elimination of the most experienced player in the game each day. There was some intent to randomize the selections to avoid easily discernable patterns.

If we were going solely after the most experienced/tricky players, then my order would have been substantially different than the above.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:27 AM   #2025
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Night 1: Eagles
Night 2: Desnudo
Night 3: Schmidty
Night 4: Mckerney
Night 5: JeeberD
Night 6: Desnudo
Night 7: Ardent

This certainly wasn't a systematic elimination of the most experienced player in the game each day. There was some intent to randomize the selections to avoid easily discernable patterns.

If we were going solely after the most experienced/tricky players, then my order would have been substantially different than the above.

I agree with that analysis and I wasn't talking about just this game, and that trend might change in future games as there is a deeper pool of "experienced" players. However, I don't see the trend in point 1 being that much better at all in the last 5 or so games from the 5 games before that. It's really point 1 that is making me not want to play any longer. Anyway, I hope you all continue to enjoy WW.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:48 AM   #2026
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Oh yeah, I meant to say that Sack played a very good game, Great job.

Eaglesfan, I agree Saldana's game was very immersive and I did enjoy the game. So Saldana please do not take my criticism above as anything other than constructive. I enjoy your games, the write ups are great as well.

For those of you who thought Desnudo was the Seer in the first few days, what was it that tipped you off? I felt he was playing a different game than his normal self, but that is all. I felt he may have a special role, but did not think seer. Probably because I thought AE was the seer at that point in the game.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:55 AM   #2027
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, for me it was the fact that he discussed the percentages I was assigning to Qwik vs Lathum on Day 2. This made me believe that he had viewed Qwikshot on night one, as he came on fairly strong (to me, anyways) with his beliefs that day. That was why I urged Sack that we go gunning for him that night.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:59 AM   #2028
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus

Eaglesfan, I agree Saldana's game was very immersive and I did enjoy the game. So Saldana please do not take my criticism above as anything other than constructive. I enjoy your games, the write ups are great as well.

For those of you who thought Desnudo was the Seer in the first few days, what was it that tipped you off? I felt he was playing a different game than his normal self, but that is all. I felt he may have a special role, but did not think seer. Probably because I thought AE was the seer at that point in the game.

I never knew that Desnudo was the seer. I honestly had no clue who the seer was. The only thing I knew about Desnudo was that he was behaving differently than normal. At first i had figured something was up with him and hoops, but wasnt sure if it was good or bad. Later on I started feeling Desnudo was more good and hoops was more bad.

I think for the majority of the game my "hitlist" from the stands was:

1) AE
2) Sack
3) Gramm
4) Hoops
5) Desnudo

Not sure if it was good or bad that i died, because I would have gone for 2 bad guys, but also was after a normal jedi, the bodyguard and the seer lol
Old 03-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #2029
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

gram, no offense taken, and thanks to everyone for their complements and criticisms. FWIW, i was furious with myself for the stupid extension idea, i knew it screwed things up royally. I kind of locked myself into a corner with the vote switch mechanic, and on wednesday, i ended up coming home from work sick and wasnt online when i needed to be. the extension was supposed to give me time to make sndvls switch his vote himself instead of me doing it for him, but it got all screwed up...i again apologize to everyone for that disaster, i hope it didnt ruin too much of your enjoyment of the game.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:24 PM   #2030
saldana
Pro Starter

here are the roles as they were sent out at the beginning of the game with all the mechanics explained

SackAttack - The legend of the Sith teaches that there were once many Jedi who embraced the Dark Side of the Force, but because of infighting and power struggles, they ended up spending more time battling each other than the other Jedi. As a result, the last remaining Sith Lord decided he would never take more than one apprentice at a time, and upon either his own death or that of his apprentice, another apprentice would be chosen, thus maintaining the ratio of one Master and one Apprentice for all time.

You are the Sith Lord. During your time as a Padawan, your Jedi Master was actually a Sith, and he led you to the power of the Dark Side. Just before leaving for your mission, you murdered your Master, who had grown old and weak, and have assumed his mantle as the Dark Lord of the Sith. This is the time honored way of the true Sith, where the Apprentice must challenge their Master, as the lure of more power is irresistible. You must now choose a new apprentice, and have used your powers of the force to determine that the following Jedi among you would make excellent apprentices: xxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx, xxxxxxx. You may choose one to be your apprentice, and only one…if he should be lynched, you may choose another…if you are lynched, he will succeed you in the role of the Sith Lord and be able to choose his own apprentice. You MAY NOT reveal the identities of the other potential Sith to your Apprentice. You have unlimited PM abilities with your apprentice, but may not communicate with the other Jedi that you do not choose until they become your apprentice. Because of your Mastery of the Dark Side, you are able to hide your true emotions from all but the most gifted empath, and you are capable of striking down your foe with a blast of lightning from your fingertips (read: you are both the cunning wolf and the brutal wolf), however, if an Empath looks within you on the same night of the recruiting of a new apprentice he will be able to feel the Dark Side within you, as you will have used it to turn your new disciple.

You win a minor victory when you, your apprentice, and any unchosen apprentices reach a 1 to 1 ratio with the remaining Jedi. You win a Major Victory if you are still the Sith Lord at the end of the game.

Dubb, Hoops, SnDvls, Cartman - You have trained for years to reach the rank of Jedi Knight, but during your time as a Padawan, you felt stirrings within yourself…stirrings of power and of ambition….stirrings that were not, according to your Master, the way of the Force. Part of you longs for a chance to harness that power you felt and release it, but no one has ever shown you the way. Your role is: a potential Sith Apprentice. You may become a Sith at a certain point in the game. You win if the Sith win and you are still alive at the end of the game. The Sith Lord has felt the stirrings within you and knows who you are, but because of his control over the Force, you do not know him unless he chooses you as his Apprentice.

Hoops - You have been Chosen by the Dark Lord of the Sith to become his Apprentice. As you seize upon the newfound power that he shows you, you realize your own potential for greatness. You may now take part in night kills, and you have unlimited PM abilities with your Master. If the Sith Lord is lynched, you become the Sith Lord. Also, as a one time ability, you may choose to murder your Master, and assume his role as Dark Lord of the Sith. Be warned however, that such ambition comes with a cost, and as you are new to the power of the Dark Side, powers as yet unknown to you may be lost if he dies. Futher, as the Dark Lord of the Sith, you would be able to choose your own apprentice, but as you are onboard a space cruiser, you may not have any available to you, and may find yourself alone against the Jedi. It is up to you to find your own path through the Force, will you choose to follow your Master, or become the Master? The first skill that your new Master has taught you is that of Mind Control. Each day, you may choose one person that has already cast their lynch vote, and through the power of the Dark Side, force them to publicly change it to the person of your choice. Your part in this will not be known, but again beware, as some Jedi are strong enough of will that you will not be able to influence them, and an unsuccessful attempt carries with it a chance of exposing yourself. Your Master does not know that you have the ability to kill him, but does know of your Force Mind Control. You may choose to tell or not to tell your Master of your PK ability. You win a minor victory if the Sith win and you are the apprentice. You win a Major Victory if you are the Sith Lord (for either reason of ascension)

Desnudo - During your training as a Padawan, you have developed an affinity with the force that is unique in the sense that you can see the living force as it flows through others. This Force Empathy allows you to see the true nature of another person as the Force churns around them. Each Night, you can enter your Empathic Trance and reach out through the Force to another Jedi onboard. You will see the Force flowing and interacting with him, and will be able to “see” how he controls the force, from either the Light Side or the Dark Side.

Tanglewood - One of the skills taught to you by your Master while a Padawan was how to harness your senses through the Force. This Force Prescience allows you to remain alert to your surroundings even while asleep. Your reaching out through the force makes it impossible for someone to approach you without your knowledge, which could make the difference between living and being murdered in your sleep.

Grammaticus - It has been said by many that a Jedi Knight’s life is his Lightsaber. Your Jedi Master stressed this to you throughout your time as his Padawan, and as a result your skill as a swordsman is unrivaled among your peers. Each Night, you may choose one of your brethren to stand watch over, and should he be attacked, you will be able to fend off the attacker with no harm to you. You may protect yourself, and may not protect the same Jedi two nights in a row.

Schmidty, Mckerney, Taz - Your Master taught you many things as a Padawan, but one that he always stressed most was to strengthen you mind through the power of the Force. As a result of this training, your will is always your own, and any attempt to bend your will to someone else’s bidding will fail, and you may or may not be able to identify your mental attacker through the power of the Force.

Lathum - Your commune with the Force has always been stronger than your peers. Although your trials were completed together, your Jedi friends have always believed you were more powerful than they were, and the strength of your actions and wisdom beyond your years that you have exhibited as a Padawan had strengthened this belief. In the event of a tie vote, your Jedi comrades will look to you and your Force Wisdom to decide whose fate ends that night.

Eagles and Alan - Your master was a powerful Master Jedi, and as a result taught 2 Padawan at the same time. You developed a strong Force Bond with your Padawan friend and as a result you have a telepathic link that allows you to communicate freely with one another. A Bond of this nature is not common among Jedi, however, and could have unforeseen benefits or consequences

all the regular jedi got individualized messages that they were plain Jedi so that the simple trick couldnt happen again.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:25 PM   #2031
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
gram, no offense taken, and thanks to everyone for their complements and criticisms. FWIW, i was furious with myself for the stupid extension idea, i knew it screwed things up royally. I kind of locked myself into a corner with the vote switch mechanic, and on wednesday, i ended up coming home from work sick and wasnt online when i needed to be. the extension was supposed to give me time to make sndvls switch his vote himself instead of me doing it for him, but it got all screwed up...i again apologize to everyone for that disaster, i hope it didnt ruin too much of your enjoyment of the game.

Saldana, my comments weren't a criticism of you at all, but some of the extracurricular stuff that continues to happen in WW games, IMO.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:43 PM   #2032
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I was amazed that I lasted as long...I figure if I become edgy enough that I would last longer. With a regular part I was willing to take risks. I'd get scanned early enough. Hoops was a great suspicion on my part but I was dead before I could push for it. Still it was fun.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 03-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #2033
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I was amazed that I lasted as long...I figure if I become edgy enough that I would last longer. With a regular part I was willing to take risks. I'd get scanned early enough. Hoops was a great suspicion on my part but I was dead before I could push for it. Still it was fun.

Im still not sure what your strategy was. If I had lived long enough, I likely would have pushed for you too. It just didnt feel like a jedi move to me To me it seemed to distract us from focusing on other people instead. Were you just trying something new to spice it up for yourself I am guessing?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #2034
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Im still not sure what your strategy was. If I had lived long enough, I likely would have pushed for you too. It just didnt feel like a jedi move to me To me it seemed to distract us from focusing on other people instead. Were you just trying something new to spice it up for yourself I am guessing?

Probably the latter...I've played conservative and I wind up dead when I get all analytical like Hoops. When I play over the top, I last longer.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:35 PM   #2035
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well for those who are looking for a game with a different sort of experience then werewolf take a look at my Paranoia Game. Designed to NOT be time intensive it allows everyone the thrill of PM'ing to their hearts content as they attempt to find who can be trusted and who cannot be. Still looking for at least 5 more players with a start of later in the week.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:48 PM   #2036
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
When I went back and read that day a few minutes ago, I was floored. I mean Sack was defending Hoops right and left and even after Hoops made a "role reveal" and the Sith took Desnudo out that night instead of Hoops, wow. I couldn't believe the team still would not go for Hoops, very frustrating. Then when I was questioning why they did not use the turn power more often, Sack came in with a huge posting explaining why. Man, I should have suspected Sack. I was just still seeing red from the whole extension, erase extension, then apologize to Hoops thing.

I wasn't trying to defend him, although I did realize it could be read that way.

I really didn't want to lose hoops that early, though, because we had no way to know what roles we had nuked, other than the Force Bond on Night 1. There were a couple people who could have been seers from their descriptions, and if I lost hoops, I had to either keep killing and hope I could bluff my way out of a corner if necessary, or convert someone and hope the seer wasn't seeing me that night.

Towards the end, I got more aggressive because I knew the brutal wolf ability worked in our favor. We were eyeing Grammaticus as a kill because of how aggressive he was being towards hoops, but it wasn't until he revealed his role that I decided to draw attention away from hoops so that if I got nuked, Gramm would get duked.

Hoops has a career as a politician ahead of him if he's interested. He's way too good at wiggling out of tight spaces.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #2037
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well for those who are looking for a game with a different sort of experience then werewolf take a look at my Paranoia Game. Designed to NOT be time intensive it allows everyone the thrill of PM'ing to their hearts content as they attempt to find who can be trusted and who cannot be. Still looking for at least 5 more players with a start of later in the week.

stop threadjacking me!!!!

one other observation that i thought kind of handcuffed the Jedi....way too much was made of my "Standard WW game" comment....all that meant was that it was not the style of the treasure hunt game with the action points and maps and jails and victory conditions....i wanted to say something during the game but didnt want to skew things that had already begun to take shape in terms of peoples play. the basic premise i worked from was "if it can happen in Star Wars, it can happen in this game"

the other was the lightsaber colors...you guys way overthought them, especially considering the first one you saw was PINK, and i told you that Lathum was destined for the bright pink one as soon as he joined the game...that statement should have told you that the blades were more specific for the players themselves than for their roles.....it got to the point that i was leaving huge clues in the narratives and no one even noticed them, because all you were talking about was the lightsabers....go back and read Desnudo's death scene, and his quote that I gave him during the battle. "Even if you strike me down, they will find you anyway, even without my help", or something similar....i felt like i was screaming at the top of my lungs "I am the seer, and even if you kill me, the jedi will still win" but no one read that from what i wrote...all you ever talked about was what the color of his lightsaber meant. Tanglewoods death scene was the same, and no one picked up on anything. I made about 6 allusions to him seeing things before they happened, and the only way to kill him was to take him completely by surprise, and that was all skipped over.

just my observations from the cheap seats
Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #2038
SackAttack
Head Coach

saldana,

hoops and I discussed some of the things said, but it was all via IM, and so never got posted to this thread.

The Sith, at least, were on top of things.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #2039
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Des, I know the game is over, but I can't figure out what you were doing as the seer.

If you were couldn't trust anything I said at any point, why not scan me right off the bat? At least then we wouldn't have gone through that virtual shoving match. I should have realized you were the seer when all of a sudden you believed I was a jedi.

Personally, if I were the seer, my scans would have been:
Dubb93
Hoops
Barkeep/path

after that...probably you, and the gramm, without thinking much into it. Perhaps, schmidty.

I don't think I would have ever pinged sack.

If you want to develop a circle of trust, better to get some of the players who are the most manipulative or deceitful, in my opinion. You got all four of us, but your delay by two days essentially cost us me and path...and you were too late by the time you got to hoops.

I haven't read who the jedi went after when I fell...I probably won't have time to do that till Monday, but it doesn't look like it was hoops, which means he played a fantastic game.

Path and me dead, he's alive...and noone kills hoops?

Hindsight is 20/20. Since I nailed Cartman and Dubb as evil on days 1 & 2, I think I did a decent job. Actually, I wouldn't have done anything differently, except tried to suck up to hoops more to avoid getting killed. I did view you as soon as was reasonably possible.

You actually forced me to view Taz on the night when I wanted to view Hoops by pushing so hard for a Taz/Tanglewood conspiracy. I figured either you or Taz/Tanglewood were evil and viewing Taz, rather than you was the easiest way to find out. I didn't start really not trusting you until that point.

The pushing was somewhat based on trying to pressure you to see if any cracks show and partially based on trying to keep myself alive since I figured if you were a jedi, the Sith would leave you and me alone since we were bickering.

As for how hoops avoided getting voted for after you and Path died, I have no idea.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:12 PM   #2040
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hindsight is 20/20. Since I nailed Cartman and Dubb as evil on days 1 & 2, I think I did a decent job.

i have run 2 of these now, and a bad guy has gotten scanned on the first night both times....once you had both these guys as evil i thought this was gonna be the shortest game ever.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #2041
Desnudo
Coordinator

I also correctly guessed Sack as the other Sith. \0/. Of course being dead I couldn't do anything about it. /0\ Although it sounds like if we had lynched Hoops first, Sndvls would have become another Sith.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #2042
hoopsguy
General Manager

In fairness, the Sith didn't have the roles figured out either. I had expected that we had gotten the seer with either Lathum or Schmidty, so I wasn't reading Desnudo's death with that role even remotely in my head at that point. On the Tanglewood one, if I had seen that role in a game before I might have guessed it but I had no idea at all.

I was just happy that we appeared to be getting some of the special roles out of the game, while growing concerned about how many damn specials there were
Old 03-12-2006, 02:59 PM   #2043
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

With my role I wasn't too sure exacly what it meant and had a sneaky suspicious that it may have just been a variation on what every plain Jedi got, but in retrospect I should have realised what it was. If I had come out in a role reveal of sorts at least we would've had one clean jedi, altough of course i'm not sure how exactly my role could've been proven.

Hoops, I though that when you said you were forced to vote for Gramm you had made a huge blunder, it just looked incredibley suspicos, especially in the way you tried to explain how it happened. The others who were forced just kept replying 'I wanted to vote for XXX' but you seemed to discuss it more freely/ Also it was right at the start rather than end of a day's voting, if I was in the game I'd've given you serious heat there. However, I thought you really recovered with a genius move of Desnudo being your spirit guide, so all in all I thought you played well.

Just checked my PM i sent to Saldana as soon as I was lynched and in it I guessed that Hoops and Ardent were Sith, there were only 2 sith the whole time, Gramm was the bodyguard and that the seer was lynched/killed in the first few days otherwise he would've come out by then. Not too bad a set of suspicions I suppose, but I never even considered SackAttack, he was truly excellent in this game.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:37 PM   #2044
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
With my role I wasn't too sure exacly what it meant and had a sneaky suspicious that it may have just been a variation on what every plain Jedi got, but in retrospect I should have realised what it was. If I had come out in a role reveal of sorts at least we would've had one clean jedi, altough of course i'm not sure how exactly my role could've been proven.

Hoops, I though that when you said you were forced to vote for Gramm you had made a huge blunder, it just looked incredibley suspicos, especially in the way you tried to explain how it happened. The others who were forced just kept replying 'I wanted to vote for XXX' but you seemed to discuss it more freely/ Also it was right at the start rather than end of a day's voting, if I was in the game I'd've given you serious heat there. However, I thought you really recovered with a genius move of Desnudo being your spirit guide, so all in all I thought you played well.

Just checked my PM i sent to Saldana as soon as I was lynched and in it I guessed that Hoops and Ardent were Sith, there were only 2 sith the whole time, Gramm was the bodyguard and that the seer was lynched/killed in the first few days otherwise he would've come out by then. Not too bad a set of suspicions I suppose, but I never even considered SackAttack, he was truly excellent in this game.
So, what made you think I was the bodyguard? I thought I did a decent job of laying no hints in that direction and pretty much played like I normally do. I was afraid someone would think I was the seer since I went for Hoops every day.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #2045
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I also correctly guessed Sack as the other Sith. \0/. Of course being dead I couldn't do anything about it. /0\ Although it sounds like if we had lynched Hoops first, Sndvls would have become another Sith.

Or cartman. I wasn't decided because I was focused on keeping hoops alive.