Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #1001
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Dory Funk Jr. is exhausted after the last show. I've used him in pretty long matches on 3 straight shows now. I need to give these old guys a break.

-International Championship Wrestling in Memphis is one of the rare lower-level promotions that has seemed to gain ground during this wrestling recession. They were on the brink of going under at one point, and since then they jumped a level of popularity to Cult. Rip Rodgers in their new heavyweight Champion, he won the vacant title over 3-time former champion Randy Savage. Savage doesn't wrestle exclusively for his father's promotion any more, but he is still a main eventer there.

-Dr. Death David Schultz has signed back with the AWA. He has to be one of the busiest guys in this dynasty - 309 total matches!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #1002
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
-I otherwise filled out the card with a lot of our guys who have overness in the midwest. This also highlighted the aging of my roster - I have 7 active wrestlers over 40.

Yeah, I thought that I was reading an AWA report there. All these technical guys in the WCCW. Might as well bring on Larry The Axe and Mad Dog Vachon next.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #1003
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Yeah, I thought that I was reading an AWA report there. All these technical guys in the WCCW. Might as well bring on Larry The Axe and Mad Dog Vachon next.

It kind of makes sense considering Fritz won't let me sign any known-steroid users or guys with low basics ratings. And since AWA and ACW have a lot of the younger, high-level superstars locked up - I get to go heavy on the nostalgia. I feel especially save using guys that those two promotions have spit out (like the Baron), because they're less likely to bring someone back that they've already gotten rid of.

That show, though, was particulary AWA-alum heavy because I was running it in the midwest, and all those guys have popularity there.

Last edited by molson : 08-23-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #1004
molson
General Manager

Quote:
POST 1000!!!!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Now celebrate by giving us some more!

DAMN that's a lot of posts.....

Thanks PilotMan and everyone else for reading along.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #1005
molson
General Manager

WCCW: Summer Nights
Wednesday, Week 2, June 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Expected Attendance: 4,350 Ticket Prices: Default
Actual Attendance: 5,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Don Bass defeats Owen Hart 5:41 by pinfall. (C-) After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Bass about his win. (D+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Al Perez defeats Killer Tim Brooks 7:29 by DQ after Brooks is caught cheating. (D). Perez was exhausted by the end of the match. After the match, an angry Brooks attacked Perez and threw him from the ring. (D)

-As the main show starts, Fritz Von Erich and WCCW Commissioner Jose Lothario come to the ring to hype the show, hype WCCW's return to TV in September, and fill the fans in on all the recent events of WCCW. They also hype June Star Wars, which will feature Kerry Von Erich v. Michael Hayes in a parking lot brawl. They also hype that tonight, Commissioner Lothario will announce the WCCW Championship Committee's choices for #1 Contenders to the WCCW Television and WCCW World Heavyweight Championships. Both top contenders will earn championship matches at June Star wars. (D+). Then, they announce Kevin & WCCW World Heavyweight Champion David Von Erich, who come to the ring.

-First, David notes that he won't wait until June Star Wars before he makes his 1st World Title defense. David says that he'll defend his title on next week's show in Dallas, at the same event where Kevin & Kerry will defend their tag team titles against the Sheepherders. He says he's thought long and hard about who he considers the most worthy challenger. After running down the names of contenders and their faults, he says he's settled on a man that's on a huge hot streak, and who pushed him to the limits at Parade of Champions - Arturo Mendoza. (B).

-Then David and Kevin, who are scheduled to face Terry Gordy & Buddy Roberts in a tag team match this week, reveal that Roberts isn't even in the building. David mocks the Freebirds, saying that the Von Erichs were willing to briefly let them out of their WCCW ban for this opportunity, and then Roberts doesn't even show up. David says he's done with the Freebirds, as Terry Gordy comes to the ring. (B-). Gordy doesn't explain Roberts' absence, but tells David he shouldn't leave the Dallas fans disappointed. Gordy proposes an alternative plan - David make his first World Title defense tonight, against him. David laughs, and says there's 30 guys in WCCW who deserve a title shot ahead of him. David says Gordy is lucky David is even allowing him in the building, he certainly won't give him the privilege of a title shot. (C+). David & Kevin make a counter-proposal, and say it's their final offer - the tag team match tonight is on, and Gordy has to find a partner to replace Roberts. Gordy accepts. (B-)

-The Masked Superstar (w/Gary Hart) defeats Billy Robinson in 11:55 by pinfall. (B+) The match suffered from a lack of selling. After the match, Hart and the Masked Superstar cut a promo hyping the win. Hart also says that in determining the #1 Contender for the World Title tonight, the WCCW Championship Committee must look no further than Masked Superstar. (B-)

-Kevin Sullivan defeats El Halcon in 9:53 by pinfall. (B). After the match, Sullivan cut an angry promo directed at Antonio Inoki, for getting involved in his match with Dory Funk Jr. last week. Sullivan said that Inoki has made a huge mistake. (B).

-Commissioner Lothario comes to the ring and says that at June Star Wars, Aruturo Mendoza will defend in WCCW Television Championship, and the WCCW has determined his challenger....The undefeated Ugandan Giant, Kamala! (C+)

-Lance Russell interviews British wrestler Mark Rocco about his upcoming match with fellow Englishman Johnny Saint. Rocco references the time limit draw that two men had earlier in the week in Kansas, and says he plans to finish off Saint quickly this time. (E-)

-Johnny Saint drew with Mark Rocco in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (C+).

-Commissioner Lothario returns to the ring to announce the championship committee's choice for #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship. Lothario says he believes this will be a controversial choice, since this wrestler has not been with WCCW for long, but the committee could not overlook his exceptional performance at Parade of Champions, and his in-ring success since then. At June Star Wars, The Masked Superstar will wrestle for the World Heavyweight Championship, against either David Von Erich, or Arturo Mendoza. (C+). The Masked Superstar is the 2nd Gary Hart client, after Kamala, to have been awarded a title shot tonight.

-Baron Von Raschke, making his first WCCW appearance in Dallas, comes to the ring and cuts a babyface promo. (C)

-Baron Von Raschke defeats Grappler #1 (w/Grappler #2) in 10:29 by pinfall. (B+). After the match, Kevin Sullivan comes to the ring. Sullivan cuts a promo at Raschke, telling him that in WCCW, its all about who you know, and Raschke has no friends here. Sullivan says that with the disbanding of the Federation stable, he's been looking for new alliances. Sullivan tells Von Raschke that together, they could be a dominant force in WCCW. Sullivan tells Von Raschke that at his age, he doesn't have many opportunities left to make an impact. Von Raschke appears to consider the offer, but then tells Sullivan that he would never join forces with him, before leaving the ring. (C+)

-Terry Gordy comes to the ring for his main event tag team match, and introduces his partner - a member of the stable that helped the Freebirds out in the recent past - Nikita Koloff, who comes to the ring with his manager, Skandor Akbar. (B-)

-David & Kevin Von Erich defeat Terry Gordy & Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) in 8:34 when David pinned Koloff. (C+). Skandor Akbar interfered - which prompted Kerry Von Erich to enter the ringside area to back up his brothers. Gordy looked good.

OVERALL SHOW RATING: B-

THOUGHTS

-Buddy Roberts (and Michael Hayes) were booked elsewhere tonight. This Freebird mini-angle needs to end. Hayes/Kerry in the parking lot at June Star Wars will put it out of its misery. At least we got some main event time for Nikita Koloff, who was the obvious choice as backup partner here, after Akbar helped out The Freebirds at Parade of Champions. The main event was actually the worst match on the card.

-Sullivan is looking for a new stable. He didn't find with the Baron, but he'll keep looking

-The Englishment didn't have quite as good a match here as they did in Kansas earlier in the week, but it was still OK. It will be very interesting to see if these guys can increase their popularity in the states. This storyline will keep going, and its about to include a British giant.

-Kamala and The Masked Superstar earn title shots. Kamala's kind of came out left field, but he's squashed everyone. The Superstar kind of lucks into this main event angle since everyone else is occupied.

Last edited by molson : 08-28-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #1006
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-The Masked Superstar is exhausted after the last show. Makes sense, I've been trying to push him heavily to justify his world title shot.

-Mark Rocco arrived late to just his 2nd show with the company. I fine him.

-The dirt sheets hype Dan Severn as a future star.

-I requested negotiations with Lord Alfred Hayes, who would work himself into my UK angle, but rejects me, saying he just recently left. I know his last appearance with us was at the New Year's Revolution show, more than 6 months ago, but I guess he lingered on the payroll sometime after that. I'll try again soon.

-The Assassin defeated Kelly Kiniski for the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship, which is actual only a low-level title there.

-Giant Haystacks, Mark Rocco, Buddy Roberts, and Don Bass complain about their pushes. I'm turning a deaf ear for now.

-Nikita Koloff signs with ICW in Memphis, where he'll work in addition to WCCW. He can definitely use the ring time.

-Terry Gordy's contract has offically expired, so he's gone from WCCW. I still have 2 appearances left for both Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts
Old 08-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #1007
molson
General Manager

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 3, June 1985
Warwick, RI (Southwest - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,395 Ticket prices: $4 over Default
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mark Youngblood defeats Don Bass in 7:08 by pinfall. (D+). The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, Bill Mercer interviewed Youngblood about his win. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Killer Tim Brooks defeats Al Perez in 6:43 by pinfall. (D-). Perez was exhausted by the end of the match

-As the show starts, Bill Mercer interviews Johnny Saint about his upcoming rematch with Mark Rocco - a man he faced to two different time limit draws last week. Saint cuts a babyface promo, and showcases his "no gimmick needed"-type gimmick. (F+)

-Johnny Saint drew with Mark Rocco in 10:00 when the time limit expired, their third consecutive time limit draw. (C-) The two continued wrestling after the bell, until the referee managed to break things up. (F+)

-Kevin Sullivan comes to the ring and insults the New England fans. He also, once again directs angry comments towards Antonio Inoki, for getting involved in his match with Dory Funk Jr several weeks ago. Sullivan also reveals that he has signed to face Funk in a rematch at June Star Wars. Sullivan says he'll beat up Dory just like he did his brother (B)

-Kevin Sullivan defeated Frank Dusek in 7:35 by countout. (B). Sullivan looked good.

-Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware came to the ring for the next match, a triple threat tag team contest. Eaton & Ware bragged about their win over Steve Olsonoski & Doug Somers at Parade of Champions, and noted that Olsonoski & Somers haven't been seen since - they're probably out of wrestling for good. They also complain about not immediately being awarded a tag team title shot upon their big win. They wonder out loud how many times they have to win to get shot at the belts. (C+)

-Triple Threat Tag Team Match
-One Fall To A Finish
Bobby Eaton & Koko B. Ware defeat The Grapplers, and Billy Robinson & El Halcon in 14:51 after The Grapplers and Robinson/El Halcon were both counted out while brawling outside of the ring. (C+). Ware looked good. After the match, The Grapplers and Robnison/El Halcon continued brawling for several minutes in and out of the ring, with neither team gaining and advantage. (D)

-Mr. Pogo & Mr. Saito defeated The Villanos in 14:47 when Saito pinned Villano IV. (C). Saito looked good.

-Antoni Inoki came to the ring to cut a promo before his main event rematch from Parade of Champions with Nikita Koloff. First, he addressed Kevin Sullivan. He said that he wasn't looking to start anything with Sullivan, but Dory Funk Jr. happens to be a friend of his, and he needed a hand. Second, he talked about Koloff. Inoki admits that Koloff impressed him at Parade of Champions, but believes tonight's outcome will be no different than it was that night. (B-)

-Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) defeats Antonio Inoki by countout in 12:57 after interference from both Akbar and Kevin Sullivan. (C+) Koloff was tiring by the end of the match. The two showed good chemistry.

Overall Show Rating: C

THOUGHTS

-Pretty bad show, maybe even bad enough where we don't gain any popularity in the New England region. On the bright side, it was definitely a cheap show. I might have to start using Lance Russell on these house shows again.

-I was hoping for more out of the main event, after Inoki/Koloff delivered an "A" match at Parade of Champions. The location made a huge difference, even though Inoki and Koloff aren't that much better known in Texas than New England. At least the match progressed the Inoki/Sullivan storyline, which is going to get bigger and involve more people.

-Pogo/Saito over The Villanos is a pretty big win, since the Villanos had come in winners of 7 of their last 8 tag team matches. I expect big things from Saito and Pogo, and am trying to build up their tag team experience.

-The Triple Threat Tag Team match served a couple purposes - it helped re-establish Ware/Eaton as a top team, and it progressed the Grapplers/Robinson/El Halcon feud.
Old 08-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #1008
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Ted Dibiase wins the AGPW US Heavyweight Championship from Moondog Moretti. That seems like small potatoes for this point in Dibaise's career. He held the AWA TV Title earlier this year.

-Mike Von Erich is in need of a Cruiserweight Title Challenger, so I bring back Ricky Morton for 3 more appearances via loan contract from WWC. I trade over Big John Studd, who could use the work in Puerto Rico. Mike and Morton were a tag team in WCCW a few years ago, and they also had a very solid match just before Parade of Champions. Morton does work both the AWA and ACW, so I'll have to check his availability for June Star Wars

-I play around with the idea of bringing in some other guys, but that seems silly to do during my non-TV summer. Though I did learn that Gino Hernandez and Tiger Mask hate me so much that they wouldn't agree to a talent trade (I had fired both before their contracts were up). I tried to bring back King Kong Bundy just to add a little closure to his storyline, but St. Louis Wrestling Club wouldn't trade him since he holds one of their titles.

-Not a whole lot of news, so I'm going to take a look at each promotion, in order of size then prestige, and list their location/current owner/head booker/top champion.

-There are still no active promotions in Mexico or the UK. After another month or so, I'm going to try to setup a new promotion in Mexico. AAA is in the database, and set to debut in 1990. Unfortunately, there's no way to access "new promotions" in the game database, only the pre-game database (where changes are only reflected upon new games). So I THINK I have to create a new promotion in some other database, and then import it into the current game. Hopefully that works, and doesn't blow up the game or anything. Then a few months after that, I'll add a promotion to the UK.

NATIONAL STATUS

1. American Wrestling Association
Midwest, USA
Owner: Verne Gagne
Head Booker: Greg Gagne
AWA World Heavyweight Champion: Buzz Sawyer

2. American Championship Wrestling (ACW - formerly Georgia C'ship Wrestling)
Southeast, USA
Owner: Jim Barnett
Head Booker: Ole Anderson
National Heavyweight Champion: Greg Valentine

CULT STATUS

3. World Class Championship Wrestling
Mid-south, USA
Owner: Fritz Von Erich
Head Booker: molson
WCCW World Heavyweight Champion: David Von Erich

4. Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling
Mid-Atlantic, USA
Owner: Jim Crockett Jr.
Head Booker: George Scott
NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Greg Valentine

5. World Wrestling Council
Puerto Rico
Owner: Victor Jovica
Head Booker: Carlos Colon
Universal Heavyweight Champion: Scott Irwin

REGIONAL STATUS

6. Catch Wrestling Association
Western Europe
Owner: Otto Wanz
Head Booker: Pierre Williams
CWA World Heavyweight Champion: Otto Wanz

7. International Wrestling
Quebec, Canada
Owner: Gino Brito
Head Booker: Tarzan Tyler
International Heavyweight Champion: Gerry Morrow

8. Southeastern Championship Wrestling
Southeast, USA
Owner: Ron Fuller
Head Booker: Robert Fuller
Southeastern Heavyweight Champion: Butch Reed

9. Maple Leaf Wrestling
Ontario, Canada
Owner: Frank Tunney
Head Booker: Jack Tunney
NWA Canadian Heavyweight Champion: Roddy Piper

10. All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling
Kanto, Japan
Owner: Takashi Matsunaga
Head Booker: Hisashi Shinma
World Women's Association Women's Singles Championship: Devil Masami

11. Atlantic Grand-Prix
The Maritimes, Canada
Owner: Emile Dupre
Head Booker: Leo Burke
AGWP International Heavyweight Champion: The Spoiler

12. Calgary Stampede Wrestling
The Prairies, Canada
Owner: Stu Hart
Head Booker: Keith Hart
CSW North American Heavyweight Champion: Bret Hart

13. International Championship Wrestling
Southeast, USA
Owner: Randy Savage
Head Booker: Angelo Poffo
ICW Heavyweight Champion: Rip Rogers

14. Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling
Southwest, USA
Owner: Matt Cimber
Head Booker: David McClane
G.L.O.W. Crown: Tammy Jones

SMALL STATUS

15. Universal Pro-Wrestling Federation
Kanto, Japan
Owner: Isao Yoshiwara
Head Booker: Riki Choshu
UWF Universal Champion: Riki Choshu

16. St. Louis Wrestling Club
Midwest, USA
Owner: Harley Race
Head Booker: Bob Geigel
St. Louis Championship: Billy Jack Haynes

17. Japan Pro Wrestling
Kanto, Japan
Owner: Hisashi Shinma
Head Booker: Joe Higuchi
Japan Pro Big Gold Belt: Kantaro Hoshino
Old 09-01-2009, 12:33 AM   #1009
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Just writing to say that I really enjoy the dynasty. Been following since it started pretty much even when I was just a lurker.

It is interesting to see AJW as the biggest fed in Japan. YOu've got to figure one of the male feds will rise up and will the place of the fallen Japanese feds.

Thanks for reading-

Ya, the male promotions in Japan have a ton of advantages, most importantly, a huge talent pool that's desperate for work. Both new Japanese promotions have already had increases in prestige. Most of the Japanese stars still consider those companies "too small", but as they sit on the sidelines, their demands will decrease, while the new promotions' prestige will increase - once those two factors run into each other, Japan will be back on the wrestling map.

In a month or two, I'd like to try to create the same phenomenon in Mexico
Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #1010
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 3, June 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 4,765

-For these weekly "Summer Nights" shows, I'm going to assume there's a big video screen setup in the arena for the purposes of storylines. I think they had this technology in 1985, for closed circuit PPVs if nothing else.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Billy Robinson, El Halcon, & Mark Youngblood defeat Killer Tim Brooks, Don Bass, & Charlie Cook in 10:26 when Robinson pinned Cook. (C). Robinson looked good.

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Mark Rocco defeats Al Perez in 5:29 by pinfall. (D)

-As the show starts, Lance Russell and Bill Mercer come to the ring to hype the recent events in WCCW, and the June Star Wars Card. They also hype the two big title defenses tonight - David Von Erich will make his 1st World Title defense against Arturo Mendoza, and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich will defend their tag team titles against The Sheepherders (who currently still possess the actual physical belts). Lance Russell announces that the tag team title match will be a Texas Tornado match - all four men in the ring at the same time. (C+)

-With that announcement, Mercer and Russell are interrupted by The Sheepherders, with Skandor Akbar. The Sheepherders still hold their tag team belts, despite being stripped of the championship recently by Commissioner Jose Lothario. They hype their match tonight, which they consider a "title defense" (B-)

-After The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar depart, Mercer and Russel continue to hype the show, and next week's June Star Wars card (D+)

Previously announced matches for June Star Wars:

=WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich or Arturo Mendoza v. The Masked Superstar

-WCCW Television Championship
Arturo Mendoza v. Kamala

-Parking Lot Brawl
Kerry Von Erich v. Michael Hayes

-Dory Funk Jr. v. Kevin Sullivan

Just announced:

-WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match
Mike Von Erich v. Ricky Morton

-Mark Rocco v. Johnny Saint

-Billy Robinson & El Halcon v. The Grapplers

-Big John Studd v. Baron Von Raschke

-Mr. Pogo & Mr. Saito defeat The Villanos in 9:07 when Pogo pinned Villano IV. (C). Villano IV looked good. After the match, the Japanese heels continue their attack and throw The Villanos from the ring. (C)

-Non-Title Match
Mike Von Erich defeats Owen Hart in 3:56 by pinfall. (D+). Mike looked good. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed the WCCW Cruiserweight Champion Mike Von Erich, who hyped his June Star Wars title match with former tag team partner Ricky Morton. Mike says he respects his friend Ricky Morton, but plans on holding onto the belt. Mike notes that the two wrestled to a draw at the Parade of Champions preview show. (C+)

-Kerry & Kevin Von Erich come to the ring and hype their World Tag Team title defense tonight, which will come in the form of a Texas Tornado tag team match against The Sheepherders. The Von Erichs say they feel like challengers tonight, since the Sheepherders still hold the physical belts. But, they claim, they'll fix that problem tonight. (C+). As the Von Erichs prepare in the ring for the match, a video highlights the lengthy Von Erich/Sheepherder feud - which included the Sheepherders winning the gold from Kerry and an injured Kevin several months ago, and Butch Miller ending Kevin Von Erich's historic TV Title run (B-).

-WCCW World Tag Team Championship Match
-Texas Tornado Rules (All four men in the ring at the same time)
The Sheepherders (w/Skandor Akbar) defeat Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 12:14 after Butch Miller pinned Kevin Von Erich with the help of interference from Skandor Akbar. (C). The Sheepheders win the WCCW World Tag Team Championship. Miller was tiring towards the end of the match. After the match, The Sheepherders and Skandor Akbar celebrated their win in the ring. (C+)

-Dory Funk Jr. defeated Dusty Wolfe in 1:34 by submission. (C+). Funk looked good. After the match, Funk cut a promo hyping his grudge match with Kevin Sullivan at June Star Wars. Funk acknowledges that this really isn't his issue, its his brother Terry's, but he's looking to settle the score with Sullivan regardless. (B).

-A music video hypes Kevin Sullivan, and his rise in WCCW to main event status. (B)

-Lance Russell interviews WCCW Television Champion Arturo Mendoza about his upcoming World Title shot against David Von Erich. Mendoza says he's honored that David has chosen to make his first title defense against him - Mendoza also says he hopes that it will be David's only title defense. (B-). Lance Russell then interviews David about the match. David puts over the skill of Mendoza, and says that in his mind, Mendoza is the clear #1 contender to his title. (B-).

-WCCW World Heavyweight Championship Match
David Von Erich drew with Arturo Mendoza in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (A). David makes his 1st defense of the World Heavyweight Championship. The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, the two men shook hands in a sign of respect. (B)

Overall Show Rating: B

THOUGHS

-This was a pretty average show until the main event, which propelled us to a solid show.

-The main event was really all about Mendoza getting closer to main event status, as he manages a 30-minute draw with the champ. And despite the poor chemistry (probably due to the face v. face dynamic), they had a great match - clearly better than their Parade of Champions tournament match. I probably would have involved The Freebirds here, or in the tag team title match, but once again, they were booked elsewhere.

-The Sheepherders winning the gold back was probably a bit of a surprise - they never actually even gave up the physical belts in the short period between their reigns. Definitely a big win for them - they are now 3-time tag team champions in WCCW.

-Mr. Pogo & Mr. Saito also had another big win over the Villanos. Again, just trying build up their team experience for something bigger.

-More matches were announced for Parade of Champions - the most interesting of which is probably between newcomers Big John Studd v. Baron Von Raschke.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:55 AM   #1011
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Carlos Colon defeated Scott Irwin to win the WWC Universal Heavyweight Championship for the 3rd time

-Lance Russell won a magazine award for "Best Announcer in Wrestling Today". His contract is up soon, hopefully I'll be able to still afford him.

-Dusty Wolfe, who has been a huge bargain for me at $75/show, gets a hell of a raise and signs for 3 more months at $325/show. Wolf has still never won a match in WCCW (he's 0-50-3), but he has shown himself to be a decent enough jobber, somehow managing a B+ match with Ricky Morton, and C+ matches with Dory Funk Jr, El Halcon, and Bobby Eaton.

-Wahoo McDaniel and Harley Race defeated Buddy Roberts & Michael Hayes for the AWA World Tag Team Titles.

-Owen Hart signs for another 9 months at $550/show, a modest raise from his old deal of $500/show. This is probably his last contract with us before I cut him loose, as I can't imagine paying him more than that. Hart is still only 20 years old, but has been with WCCW for almost 18 months. He has a record of 13-76-4 in that time.

-"Pretty Boy" Doug Somers also resigns for another 9 months, earning a hefty raise from $575/show to $825/show. He probably deserves that, his tag team with Steve Olsonoski has been pretty good.

-Then things start to get tricker. Nikita Koloff signs for 9 more months at $1,700/show, a substantial raise from $1,325/show. Koloff earned this contract with his amazing match with Antonio Inoki at Parade of Champions, but this is definitely the max I'm willing to pay him relative to what he brings to the table at this point. He has 9 months to prove himself as a borderline main eventer at least.

-I have real doubts about whether I'll be able to sign Kamala to another short-term, 3 month deal, but we come to terms at $2,300/show, a raise from his old $2,174/show deal. He also gets 10% of his merchandise sales. I will use him relatively sparingly at that cost.

-Ricky Morton, Buddy Roberts, and Don Bass complain about their push. Roberts will be gone after June Star Wars. I've set Morton as a babyface midcarder, when my booking team thinks he should be a main eventer. I guess that's based on his recent success in the AWA, where he's held that promotion's Light Heavyweight Championship. He also works for ACW.

-I am just BARELY able to hang out to Lance Russell for another 9 months at a ridiculous $2,600/show - he's our 2nd most expensive worker after Antonio Inoki. Fritz had blocked my earlier offer of $2,650, so I'm very lucky to have him back. I've requested negotiations with a bunch of other announcers (Jim Ross, Larry Matysik, and Bob Caudie) as backup plans, and if any of them are willing to work for much cheaper, I'll consider burning my bridges with Russell and firing him. That will be tough to do however, as Russell is the best in the business - A+ ratings in Mic Skills, Charisma, Announcing, "A" rated Respect, and "B" rated Star Quality.

-The AWA has signed former WCCW Cruiserweight Champion Buddy Landell, Tiger Conway Jr, and Scott Irwin.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:51 PM   #1012
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Sorry to see Gordy go.

I want to see Kamala as World Champ. I wanted it in 1983 and I want it today.

best dynasty evah.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #1013
molson
General Manager

The slowest dynasty in FOFC history resumes!!!

THE STARS OF WORLD CLASS ON TOUR
Monday, Week 4, June 1985
New York, NY (Tri-State - Tiny Venue)
Expected Attendance: 1,473 Ticket prices: (+$4 over default)
Actual Attendance: 1,000 (SOLD OUT)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Johnny Saint defeats Dusty Wolfe in 5:53 by pinfall. (D). After the match Bill Mercer interviewed Saint about his win, and about his upcoming match at June Star Wars against Mark Rocco, whom he's wrestled to several time limit draws in recent weeks. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Kevin Sullivan defeats Owen Hart in 8:27 by pinfall. (C) Sullivan looked good.

-As the main show starts, Bill Mercer interviews Kevin Sullivan, who is quite angry that he was only booked to wrestle a pre-show dark match on tonight's card. Mercer references Sullivan's offer, and rejection, made to Baron Von Raschke in Dallas last week to form an alliance. Sullivan downplays the rejection, saying that Raschke is washed up and wouldn't have been any use to him anyway....Sullivan says that after toiling for months as the #3 man in the Federation stable behind Bob Backlund and Dick Murdoch, he's ready to be a leader. Sullivan also notes that tonight, while he wasn't booked to be a part of the main show, he purchased a front row ticket to watch the night's action, so that he may scout two men in particular. First, Dory Funk Jr., who he'll face in a rematch at June Star Wars later this week, and second, Antoni Inoki, who Sullivan says has been sticking his nose in his business as of late. Sullivan says he'll destroy Funk Jr. this week, then he'll take out Inoki and then, Sullivan claims, the WCCW Championship Committee will have no choice but to award him a world title shot. (D+)

-As Dory Funk Jr. comes to the ring for the next match, he gets in a heated argument at ringside with Kevin Sullivan, who has occupied a front row seat. Road agents and officials break up the argument before it escalates. (C)

-Big John Studd (w/Gary Hart) drew with Dory Funk Jr. by double count-out in 6:37. (C). Funk was distracted throughout the match by Kevin Sullivan sitting in the front row. At the end of the match, Funk Jr. brawls with Sullivan around ringside until road agents and officials break up the melee. (C).

-Ricky Morton came to the ring for the next match and hyped his WCCW Cruiserweight Championship Match with Mike Von Erich at June Star Wars later this week. Morton says he knows Mike, his former tag team partner, very well, and while he respects Mike, he knows all his weaknesses. Morton expects to come out on top and win the gold this week. (C-)

-Ricky Morton drew with Koko B. Ware in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (B+)

-Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts come to the ring and cut a lengthy promo hyping themselves, their tag team match tonight against the Villanos, and Hayes' parking lot brawl with Kerry Von Erich at June Star Wars. (B-) Roberts dismisses any suggestion that he ducked the Von Erichs last week in Dallas when he no-showed for a scheduled tag match, he claims that he had an important business opportunity to attend to. Hayes says that he's been waiting since last summer to get Kerry Von Erich 1-on-1 after the "betrayal" at Cage Clash, and that this weekend, the wait is finally over.

-Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts defeat The Villanos in 6:50 when Hayes pinned Villano IV with a handful of tights. (B). Hayes looked good.

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with the Masked Superstar for the main event. Hart hypes his client, and his World Title match against David Von Erich this weekend at June Star Wars. Hart says he's heard all the whining in the WCCW locker room that The Masked Superstar doesn't deserve a World Title shot, having only been in the company a few weeks, but claims that The Masked Superstar's performance at Parade of Champions proved he's the man to beat. (D)

-Antonio Inoki drew with The Masked Superstar (w/Gary Hart) in 30:00 when the time limit expired. (A+). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of selling. Inoki was distracted throughout the match by Kevin Sullivan, who was still sitting ringside. The distraction directly led to the time limit draw.

Overall Show Rating: B+

THOUGHTS:

-Excellent show in our debut in this region.

-Superstar/Inoki are great together, they proved it again tonight. Both guys will have major roles in WCCW as long as they're around. With the emergence of the AWA and ACW to national status, we need all the international, relevant, wrestling superstars we can get, and these two guys definitely fit that description.

-Kevin Sullivan got to establish himself a little tonight as a WCCW heel main eventer. With the recent departures and injuries, he'll definitely get his opportunity with some high profile matches with us.

-Big win for Hayes/Roberts going into June Star Wars. Gordy is already gone, and the loan contracts for Hayes/Roberts will be up shortly. This was definitely a disappointing run for them, but it did make up another chapter in the Von Erich/Freebird saga.

-Ricky Morton is solid, his match tonight with Koko B. Ware was terrific. Morton is contractually involved with both the "big two" (AWA and the ACW), so I'll be reluctant to commit too much to him here.

-Big John Studd is an interesting enigma at this point - he has a lot of the tools, he has the size, and the look, but it remains to be seen whether he can put it all together. He'll certainly get an opportunity in this transition period of WCCW. He has a huge match at June Star Wars against Baron Von Raschke - the quality of that match will determine at lot about the future of both guys in the company.

Last edited by molson : 11-09-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #1014
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Koko B. Ware, Ricky Morton, and Buddy Roberts are exhausted after the last show.

-Bob Backlund is healthy and ready to return. Obviously, he's a huge asset, someone who make us look like we're still "big time" compared to the AWA and ACW. But, for storyline purposes, I'll hold him out just a little while longer.

-Brutus Beefcake is hyped by the dirt sheets as a future star.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:32 AM   #1015
hoopsguy
General Manager

Nice to see this back. Looked like a great show for New York - was the result a complete surprise or did the ratings of the guys in the East coast make this about what you anticipated?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #1016
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Nice to see this back. Looked like a great show for New York - was the result a complete surprise or did the ratings of the guys in the East coast make this about what you anticipated?

A B+ outside Texas is always a bit of a surprise, but I did load up the card with guys that had popularity in the Tri-States region (Inoki, Masked Superstar, Big John Studd). I knew the main event would be good, but the ratings of Hayes/Roberts v. Villanos and Ware/Morton pushed the lower card up enough to get the B+.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:03 PM   #1017
Swaggs
Coordinator

I love this thread!

Welcome back.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #1018
molson
General Manager

Wednesday, Week 4, June 1985
Dallas, TX (Small Venue)
Actual Attendance: 3,331

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Charlie Cook drew with Mark Youngblood in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (D)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Villano V defeated Dusty Wolfe in 5:55 by pinfall. (E+)

-As the show starts, David, Kevin, Kerry, and Mike Von Erich come to the ring and cut a lengthy promo. They first generally thank the fans for their support over the years. Then, each make individual comments. Mike hypes his Cruiserweight Title defense against Ricky Morton at this Saturday's June Star Wars. Kevin expresses appointment that he and Kerry lost the tag team titles to The Sheepherders last week, but that he's hopeful that they can regain the gold soon. Kerry hypes his parking lot brawl match with Michael Hayes this Saturday. Kerry said that he understands why the Freebirds hold a grudge against him for refusing to side with them last summer, but he says its time for both groups to move on - and Hayes will learn that the hard way at June Star Wars. Kerry also states that he was hoping that either Terry Gordy or Buddy Roberts would show up tonight so he could challenge either to a "tune-up" parking lot brawl. However, neither are here, so Kerry will take on the man who he faced in a tag team match last week, and a man who has repeatedly aligned himself with the Freebirds, Nikita Koloff. David hypes his World Title defense against The Masked Superstar at June Star Wars. David admits that he's concerned, since The Masked Superstar proved to be a tough opponent at Parade of Champions, and this time, The Masked Superstar won't have to wrestle 3 matches before he faces David. (C)

-Mark Rocco defeats Frank Dusek in 5:43 by pinfall. (C-) After the match, Rocco hyped his match at June Star Wars with Johnny Saint, the fellow Englishman he has wrestled to several time limit draws in recent weeks. Rocco notes that at June Star Wars, the two will have 30 minutes to determine a winner. (E+)

-Johnny Saint defeats Don Bass in 7:50 by pinfall. (C). After the match, Saint cuts a promo hyping his match at June Star Wars with Mark Rocco. (D-)

-Lance Russell interviews WCCW Commissioner Lothario about the recent goings-on in WCCW. Of particular note, Lothario says Ricky Morton has no-showed tonight's event, and Morton hasn't returned his calls. Lothario says he has no choice but to take Morton about of the scheduled Cruiserweight Title match with Mike Von Erich this Saturday night at June Star Wars. Instead, says Lothario, Mike will defend his Cruiserweight Title against the winner of the Johnny Saint/Mark Rocco match that same night. (D-)

-Mr. Pogo & Mr. Saito defeat Owen Hart & Al Perez in 6:54 when Pogo pinned Perez. (C-). Perez was tiring towards the end of the match. Saito looked good.

-Non-Title Match
Mike Von Erich defeated Killer Tim Brooks by roll-up pinfall in 6:31. (C). Mike was visibly tiring toward the end of the match.

-Skandor Akbar comes to the ring with his client, Nikita Koloff, and hypes Koloff's upcoming match with Kerry Von Erich. (C+)

-Kerry Von Erich defeats Nikita Koloff (w/Skandor Akbar) in 9:37 by pinfall, despite interference from Koloff. (B)

-Lance Russell and Bill Mercer come to the ring and run down the announced card for this Saturday night's June Star Wars event (E):

David Von Erich v. The Masked Superstar

-WCCW Television Championship
Arturo Mendoza v. Kamala

-Parking Lot Brawl
Kerry Von Erich v. Michael Hayes

-Dory Funk Jr. v. Kevin Sullivan

-Mark Rocco v. Johnny Saint

Mike Von Erich v. Rocco/Saint winner

-Billy Robinson & El Halcon v. The Grapplers

-Big John Studd v. Baron Von Raschke

-Gary Hart comes to the ring with the latest formation of his Hart Limited stable: The Masked Superstar, Kamala, and Big John Studd. He hypes all of their upcoming matches at June Star Wars, as well as their Six-Man Tag Team match tonight against their June Star Wars opponents: WCCW World Champion David Von Erich, WCCW TV Champion Arturo Mendoza, and Baron Von Raschke. (C+) Hart hyped his recent managerial success in WCCW, and he says that some "idiot" fans are still coming up to him and disrespecting him by mocking his apparent mental illness of the past few months. Hart claims that when he dressed as an Elvis impersonator and played the guitar, he wasn't crazy. Instead, he was mocking the wrestling industry. What WCCW and the wrestling industry wanted him to be when he was down, claimed Hart, was a character, a gimmick, a joke. Hart claimed that while everyone thought he was "crazy", he was planning the resurrection of the empire that you now see before you.

-The Masked Superstar, Big John Studd, and Kamala (w/Gary Hart) defeat David Von Erich, Arturo Mendoza, and Baron Von Raschke in 14:48 when Kamala cleanly pinned Raschke. (B+) Mendoza looked good.

Overall Show Rating: B-

THOUGHTS:

-This show was going nowhere fast until it was saved by the last two matches. The show was an attendance disaster, however, and I don't know why.

-The heels get the clean win in the 6-man tag going into June Star Wars in a very solid match. I wanted to position The Masked Superstar as a real threat to David Von Erich, Kamala as the favorite in his TV title match against Mendoza, and Studd as younger and stronger than Von Raschke.

-Before that, Gary Hart hyped his stable, and also vaguely explained away his gimmick "psychosis" of the last few months. That was just the official disassociation with that gimmick. Whether or not he's telling the truth that it was some kind of political statement, he's back to being the Gary Hart of old.

-I was hoping to run Kerry v. Roberts in some kind of brawl tonight to hype Kerry v. Hayes at June Star Wars, but Roberts was booked by the AWA. The AWA won't be running a show this Saturday, fortunately.

-I realized Ricky Morton will potentially be booked elsewhere, with ACW, this Saturday night, so I needed to pull him out of his title shot against Mike Von Erich that night. I haven't decided whether to explain his absence, however I've decided HOW to explain it, if that's the way I go.

-The Englishman v. Englishman Saint/Rocco feud isn't very compelling for the Texas fans, but I feel like both of these guys have some potential to be good, cheap talent once the fans here get to know them. So they're getting a lot of ring time, and one of them will get a cruiserweight title shot this Saturday night.

-All in all, a pretty bland show, but that's kind of the goal during this summer hiatus from TV. Also, we saved a lot of money here by not using Inoki, Sullivan, or Funk.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:36 AM   #1019
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
I don't know if I said this before, but it'll be interesting to see how you deal w/ being the #3 fed w/ 2 big national feds. Hopefully, you'll compete better than Verne Gagne did.

I already see myself falling into some of the same mistakes - such as bringing in guys who are way past their prime. It's tempting though, because those are the guys with the overness and the name recognition. Between the old guys and the young unknowns (when the big two have most of the big stars locked up), the old guys make a lot of sense.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #1020
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Rip Oliver won the AWA TV Title from Arn Anderson. This is Oliver's 1st championship outside of the Pacific Northwest promotion.

-In what may turn out to be an interesting move, I bring in Jim Ross for $1,850/show. That's $750/show cheaper than what I pay Lance Russell, and Ross is pretty close in talent. They have the same (very high) microphone, charisma, and announcing skills, though Russell has considerably higher star quality and locker room respect. I'm not going to fire Russell just yet, because I hate to burn that bridge, I'd rather have him go away for a while after his contract is up so I can possibly bring him back later (unfortunately, I just recently re-signed him, and he still has 248 days left on his contract. I'll have to decide exactly how to split the work between them. This is bad news for Bill Mercer, who almost definitely won't be re-signed when his contract his up in 64 days.

-An interesting note about Ross - he comes in as a default heel - and his heel and face ratings are identical. So I'll leave him as a heel announcer.

-Michael (AKA Corporal) Kirchner, and Mike Kelly are hyped in the dirt sheets as a future star.

-Richard Charland defeated Bad News Allen for Stampede Wrestling's British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Championship (that promotion's mid-card title). Allen had held the title since last October.

-Hercules Ayala and Carlos Colon won the WWC World Tag Team Championship for the 3rd time.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:13 PM   #1021
molson
General Manager

WCCW: June Star Wars - PPV
Saturday, Week 4, June 1985
Dallas, TX (Midsouth - Medium Venue)
Expected Attendance: 11,202 Ticket prices: default
Actual Attendance: 9,199

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
Bill Mercer interviews Al Perez about his match tonight against the debuting, 600+ pound Loch Ness, from Scotland. Perez says he doesn't know too much about Loch Ness, but he saw him backstage, and he's the largest man he's ever seen. (E+)

-Pre-Show Dark Segment
As Al Perez prepares in the ring, Lance Russell interviews Jose Lothario about the goings-on in WCCW, and tonight's show. (C-)

-Pre-Show Dark Match
Loch Ness defeats Al Perez in 1:04 by pinfall. (D+) After the match, Bill Mercer attempts to interview Loch Ness, who just brushes him off and returns to the dressing room. (D-)

-Pre-Shoe Dark Match
Owen Hart defeats Don Bass in 5:45 by pinfall after a fluky roll-up pin. (D+). After the match, Bill Mercer interviews an elated Owen Hart about his upset win. (D-)

-As the show starts Gary Hart cuts a backstage promo flanked by his Hart Limited stable - The Masked Superstar, The Ugandan Giant Kamala, and Big John Studd. Hart hypes the stable, and their matches tonight - The Masked Superstar challenges David Von Erich for the World Title, Kamala challenges Arturo Mendoza for the TV title, and Big John Studd will try to cut down the legendary Baron Von Raschke. (C+)

-Also backstage, Kerry Von Erich cuts a promo hyping his "parking lot brawl" match later on against Freebird Michael Hayes. (B)

-A video recaps the series of time limit draws between Englishmen Johnny Saint and Mark Rocco. The two have faced either several times, but no winner has emerged in any of these matches. Tonight, the announcers note, the winner of their match will face Mike Von Erich for the Cruiserweight title later on. If their match ends in a draw again, the referee will determine who moves on to face Mike (E+)

-#1 Contender's Match - WCCW Cruiserweight Championship
Johnny Saint and Mark Rocco went to a no-contest in 7:55 after the 600+ Scottish monster Loch Ness interrupted the match and destroyed both men with running elbow drops. (C+). There was no immediate word about who, if anyone, would face Mike Von Erich later on for the Cruiserweight Title.

-A video hypes recent confrontations between the teams of Billy Robinson/El Halcon and the Grapplers. (C)

-The Grapplers defeat Billy Robinson & El Halcon in 7:44 when Grappler #1 pinned El Halcon after The Grapplers confused the referee and broke the rules. (B-) After the match, The Grapplers taunted the losers in the ring. (C)

-A music video hypes the bizzare training regiment and in-ring devastation of the undefeated Ugandan Giant Kamala. (C+)

-Backstage, Bill Mercer interviews WCCW Television Champion Arturo Mendoza about his upcoming title defense Kamala. (B). Mendoza recognizes that he has a huge challenge tonight, and that frankly, he'll be satisfied if he can hold on for 10 minutes and walk out with the belt. He says that's the nature of the TV title - someone has to beat him in 10 minutes to take it from him, and he'll take advantage of that rule if necessary. (B)

-WCCW Television Championship Match
Kamala (w/Gary Hart) defeats Arturo Mendoza in 7:39 by countout after largely dominating the match. Mendoza retains the title. (B+). Gary Hart interfered during the match.

-Backstage, WCCW Commissioner Lothario announces that the referee of the Johnny Saint/Mark Rocco match has determined that Johnny Saint had the advantage in the match when Loch Ness interfered, so he has earned the Cruiserweight Title shot against Mike Von Erich. As for Loch Ness - Lothario has referred that to the WCCW discipline committee. At the moment, says Lothario, the medical staff has not cleared Saint to compete again tonight. As of right now, it is unclear whether the Cruiserweight title match will take place. (C-)

-Backstage, Baron Von Raschke hypes his upcoming match against the impressive newcomer Big John Studd. (C) A music video hypes the early WCCW career of Big John Studd, including his impressive Battle Royal win at Parade of Champions. (C)

-Big John Studd (w/Gary Hart) defeats Baron Von Raschke cleanly in 7:39. (B) After the match, Gary Hart cut a promo hyping his client. (C-)

-A lengthy video recaps the Von Erich/Freebird feud, particularly Kerry's double-cross of the Freebirds at last year's Cage Clash event - which led to the end of the Freebirds' last WCCW run. (B) The camera then shows the area that will be the site of the "parking lot brawl". There is an area surrounded by a chain link fence, that contains cars, garbage cans, some steel chairs, and a trash dumpster. The announcers note that this match came about because Michael Hayes wanted to face Kerry Von Erich, but Kerry was of the opinion that Hayes didn't deserve to wrestle in a WCCW ring again. In this match, the announcers note, a referee will be present, and pinfalls will count anywhere - pinfalls is the only way to win the match. Finally, the announcers note, security has been hightened for this event, and Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts have been banned from coming within 500 yards of the venue. (B).

-Parking Lot Brawl
-Kerry Von Erich defeats Michael Hayes in a wild brawl that involved a variety of weapons. Kerry ultimately pinned Hayes on the hood of a car. (B-) After the match, Kevin Von Erich showed up, and he and Kerry threw Hayes in the back of a garbage truck. Kerry then drove the truck, carrying Hayes, out of the parking lot to the street. (B)

-WCCW Champion Mike Von Erich comes to the ring - it's still unclear whether we're going to have a Cruiserweight title match. Suddenly, Johnny Saint, looking groggy from the attack from Loch Ness, comes to the ringside area. Lance Russell, impressed, interviews Saint. Saint says that while he's not 100%, these fans were promised a Crusierweight title match, and he was raised to get out there and fulfill his commitments. (D)

Mike Von Erich defeats the weakened Johnny Saint in 4:10 by pinfall to make his 5th title defense. (D) The two showed poor chemistry. After the match, the two men shook hands a sign of respect. (D)

-A video hypes the recent matches/comments made between Kevin Sullivan and Dory Funk Jr. (B+) This feud is an extension of Sullivan's issues with Terry Funk several months ago.

-Kevin Sullivan defeats Dory Funk Jr. in 13:50 by pinfall, after interference by Mr. Pogo and Mr. Saito on behalf of Sullivan. (A+). The two showed great chemistry. The match suffered from a lack of Selling. After the match, Lance Russell interviewed Sullivan about his apparent new alliance with Mr. Pogo and Mr. Saito. Sullivan says he's been looking to put together a new and improved stable that would dwarf the accomplishments of the Federation stable. Sullivan said that he's now done with the washed-up Dory Funk Jr - next, says Sullivan, he's going after Antonio Inoki to settle that score. (C+)

-A video hypes the upcoming David Von Erich/Masked Superstar match. The video especially recaps their match at Parade of Champions, where the Masked Superstar took David to the limit despite already wrestling 3 matches that night. (B-) Backstage, David cuts a last-minute promo hyping the match. (B)

The Masked Superstar (w/Gary Hart) defeats David Von Erich by DQ in 25:22. (A+). David retains the title. During the match, Gary Hart interfered on behalf of the Masked Superstar. Mike Von Erich came to the ringside area and attacked Hart, to help even the odds. Several minutes later, Mike and Hart got involved again, and the resulting chaos led to a David DQ. After the match, Big John Studd came to the ring, and Studd, Hart, and The Masked Superstar attacked Mike and David in the ring. Soon, however, Kerry and Kevin stormed to the ring in street clothes and drove Hart Limited from the ring as the show ends.

Overall show rating: (B+)

-Good show, anchored by two A+ matches. More thoughts to come.

Last edited by molson : 12-06-2009 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #1022
PilotMan
Head Coach

zippity-fuckin'-doo-dah!

Like Steam?

Old 12-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #1023
molson
General Manager

June Star Wars Thought

-This was a good show to get back on the wagon with

-Gary Hart's two challengers both got wins, but couldn't take the gold. I haven't used that finish in championship matches too often in this dynasty, so Gary Hart will definitely have some kind of reaction to this going forward.

-David/Masked Superstar exceeded my expectations, and they blew away their Parade of Champions Match.

-Kamala's match against Mendoza was also very good - it was Kamala's 14th 1-on-1 match during this WCCW run, and it was only the second to reach B+ (the first was with the now-departed Leon White). Mendoza was definitely positioned as the underdog here, and he had the humility to know it.

-Kevin Sullivan might be the top heel in the company right now though - he scores an A+ match and win against Dory Funk Jr., and he has also apparently found the new stable that he was looking for. I have big plans for Sullivan/Saito/Pogo and their upcoming interactions with Antonio Inoki. This was Sullivan's 2nd 3rd A+ match with WCCW (the previous two came against Terry Funk, and Arturo Mendoza). It's definitely good to see Dory Funk Jr. bring it to this degree.

-The whole Saint/Rocco/Mike/Loch Ness thing, while not highly-rated, was pretty interesting, and all 4 guys are on the way up in WCCW. Saint got to develop his character a bit tonight, being able to man up and face Mike despite being squashed earlier by Loch Ness. I have a few plans for Loch Ness - obviously he needs a manager. I would love to bring in Lord Alfred Hayes to manage him, and perhaps also Mark Rocco, but Hayes hasn't been willing to talk with me yet.

-The parking lot brawl ended the latest chapter of the Freebird/Von Erich saga. This was a decisive and bloody win for Kerry, who hasn't had a huge amount of highlights during this dynasty.

-Big John Studd has a stunning clean win over Baron Von Raschke. I was very pleased with the B rating, considering Studd only managed a C with Dory Funk Jr a few weeks ago. Hart's stable is looking very strong

-This show was also beneficial considering who didn't appear, and where we saved money. No Inoki, no Sheepherders, Akbar, Koloff, Eaton, Ware.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:13 PM   #1024
molson
General Manager

NEWS

-Michael Hayes is officially gone from WCCW - but I still have one more loan appearance for Buddy Roberts, who I forgot about. He'll do something at the next show, not sure what.

-Ricky Morton and Don Bass complain about their pushes. Bass probably didn't like losing to Owen Hart. Morton's other commitments limit his value, so I just want to finish up his loan appearances and send him on his way

-The June Star Wars PPV delivered a 1.37 buyrate. That's a little down from Parade of Champions, but still the 2nd highest buyrate of our 6 PPVs thus far.

-The Sensational Destroyer, who hasn't wrestled one match this entire dynasty, is planning to retire soon.

-The Crusher has also announced his upcoming retirement. He's been wrestling with AWA for most of the dynasty. In his only match in June, he defeated Mike Graham.

-Rene Goulet also announces his retirement. Sweet Daddy Siki officially hangs up the boots as well.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #1025
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
June Star Wars Thought

-Big John Studd has a stunning clean win over Baron Von Raschke. I was very pleased with the B rating, considering Studd only managed a C with Dory Funk Jr a few weeks ago. Hart's stable is looking very strong

You can give that to Baron. Old, but quality. And yeah, I am an AWA homer.

Like Steam?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #1026
molson
General Manager

Quote:
You can give that to Baron. Old, but quality. And yeah, I am an AWA homer.

Definitely true. I'm a bit of an AWA homer myself - I didn't actually start watching it until about 1986, but I remember it fondly.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #1027
molson
General Manager

WCCW - END OF JUNE 1985 - MONTHLY REVIEW

POPULARITY

-Texas/Midsouth: 69.5% (up from 68.8% last month)
-Midwest: 67.3% (up from 67.3% last month)
-Southeast: 63.0% (up from 62.4% last month)
-New England: 59.7% (up from 59.2% last month)
-Southwest: 59.4% (up from 58.6% last month)
-North West: 59.2% (up from 58.6% last month)
-Tri-State: 59.1% (up from 58.1% last month)
-Great Lakes: 58.7% (up from 58.1% last month)
-Mid Atlantic: 58.7% (up from 58.1% last month)
-Puerto Rico: 42.7% (up from 41.8% last month)

-Steady increases everywhere. Seriously, reaching national status might be the greatest accomplishment of my life, if it ever happens.

FINANCES

Income (Last month in parenthesis):

PPV Revenue: 551,120 (567,544)
Ticket Sales: 662,900 (623,052)
Sponsors: 119,385 (136,863)
Merchandise: 21,600 (13,760)

Expenses:

Worker Costs: 277,433 (397,542)
Show Costs: 124,000 (151,500)
Marketing: 25,000 (25,000)
Merchandise: 25,305 (25,194)
Production: 71,500 (160,500)
Misc: 513,252 (515,136)

Total Profit: $318,515 ($120,347)
Cash in Bank: $1,911,275 ($1,592,760)

-This was an extremely successful month financial, due largely to my more fiscally responsible use of workers. This was the lowest amount I spent on workers since January. And total ticket sale revenue was our highest ever. I'm pretty content now to keep the bank account growing until I successfully accomplish Fritz's goal of maintaining a certain amount of money. Once that expires, I should be in striking distance of national status, and then it's time to blow through the cash.

Custom Merchandise Settings:

(All set to sell every type of merchandise, unless noted)

Very Low Level (T-Shirts, Misc., and Posters Only):
-David Von Erich
-Kerry Von Erich
-Kevin Von Erich

Very Low Level (T-Shirts Only)
-Bob Backlund
-Bobby Eaton
-Antonio Inoki
-Arturo Mendoza
-Baron Von Raschke
-Dory Funk Jr.

-Same as last month - except for the departure of Iceman Parsons
Old 12-15-2009, 12:07 AM   #1028
molson
General Manager

WCCW CHAMPIONS - END OF JUNE 1985

-World Heavyweight Champion - 100.0% Prestige (Same As Last Month)
Main Event Title
David Von Erich (1 month reign, 1 title defense).

-Television Champion - 70.0% Prestige (Same As Last Month)
Midcard Title
Arturo Mendoza - (5 Title Defenses, 2-month reign)

-World Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (same as last month)
Midcard Title
The Sheepherders - (0 title defenses, 2-week reign)

-Six-Man Tag Team Champions - 70.0% Prestige (down from 71.9% last month)
Main Event Title
Vacant

-Cruiserweight Championship - 38.9% Prestige (Same as last month)
Low Level Title
Mike Von Erich - 5 title defenses, 7-month reign

-The six-man titles still exist in a vacant state, but I expect to crown new champions by the end of the month
Old 05-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #1029
PilotMan
Head Coach

Alright, we are just past 5 months of hiatus. It's time to get back to business.

Like Steam?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:20 PM   #1030
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Crap!! Thought we had an update to the greatest wrestling dynasty ever.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:54 PM   #1031
molson
General Manager

Yes, the hiatus was nice, but business does need to resume shortly.

I have a specific game end-date goal in mind before wrapping this thing forever, and I know that when I start again, it's going to be a pretty fast pace to get there.

I bought a new house, and the moving and setting all that up has slowed my life down the last few months - but I think I will be good to go very soon.

Last edited by molson : 06-08-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #1032
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Yes, the hiatus was nice, but business does need to resume shortly.

I have a specific game end-date goal in mind before wrapping this thing forever, and I know that when I start again, it's going to be a pretty fast pace to get there.

I bought a new house, and the moving and setting all that up has slowed my life down the last few months - but I think I will be good to go very soon.

the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #1033
molson
General Manager

I was really hoping I could get this fired up again but I've run into some roadblocks. I did get a new license for my new computer, and the game starts up, but all I get is a black screen when I try to load the dynasty. On the bright side, the game also crashes when I try to start a new game with the default database - so it appears it might be the game itself, and not the saved game (the former seemingly would be easier to fix).

I've posted on the TEW 07 tech support forum (which amazingly still exists, though I don't know if anyone checks it). So we'll see.

I've always wanted to get this dynasty at least through 1986, but if it's truly DEAD I'm up for starting another one with the newest versions of either WMMA or TEW. I'd love to try out the new TEW, as I've skipped the last few versions, but the mod community seems to have taken a big step down. I'm not sure I could get into a real-life current mod, and none of the historical mods inspire confindence in the sense where I'd feel good about starting a long term dynasty. (Can anyone vouch for one as being good?) I've enjoyed all the WMMA dynasties here, and being a pretty casual fan, I could probably just use the default data, which probably has the best gameplay.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #1034
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

It was a great and entertaining read either way Molson. Kudos to all the work you did.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:36 PM   #1035
Swaggs
Coordinator

This is/was an all-time great dynasty. Up there with the X-Com interactive one.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM   #1036
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I was really hoping I could get this fired up again but I've run into some roadblocks. I did get a new license for my new computer, and the game starts up, but all I get is a black screen when I try to load the dynasty. On the bright side, the game also crashes when I try to start a new game with the default database - so it appears it might be the game itself, and not the saved game (the former seemingly would be easier to fix).

I've posted on the TEW 07 tech support forum (which amazingly still exists, though I don't know if anyone checks it). So we'll see.

I've always wanted to get this dynasty at least through 1986, but if it's truly DEAD I'm up for starting another one with the newest versions of either WMMA or TEW. I'd love to try out the new TEW, as I've skipped the last few versions, but the mod community seems to have taken a big step down. I'm not sure I could get into a real-life current mod, and none of the historical mods inspire confindence in the sense where I'd feel good about starting a long term dynasty. (Can anyone vouch for one as being good?) I've enjoyed all the WMMA dynasties here, and being a pretty casual fan, I could probably just use the default data, which probably has the best gameplay.

I have a link to a fairly good DOTT version for 2010 and the 1997 RL mod is solid.

And like others have said, one of the best dynasties of any kind in FOF history.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote