Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2005, 11:25 PM   #301
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 4, 2011 -

Derby's Barry Parker rejected their offer, and chose to sign a Bosman deal with my club. We'll have to compensate his club 750,000 dollars (I think), but he should be worth it as he is already a very good defensive midfielder at the age of 20.

Wow, I just found out that Parker will be transferred to us immediately since we had to compensate Derby 750,000 for Parker.

The following article appeared in the newspaper tonight:

"New Manchester United signing Barry Parker has told the press he can't wait to join up with his new team-mates and was especially looking forward to playing alongside Rio Ferdinand.

The 20 year old midfielder told reporters that it had long been his dream to play in the same team as Ferdinand, and he hoped that he could learn a lot from his idol."

Arsenal has offered 5 million dollars, plus Craig Roberts (a 22 year old midfielder who appears to have mediocre talent at best.) I tell them no.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:31 PM   #302
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 5, 2011 -

Milan have made an offer of 75 million dollars for Liverpool's Vincent Kompany!!!

Liverpool has made a Bosman contract offer to Christopher Eagles. I may have made my biggest mistake ever if I lose him because I didn't renew his contract earlier...
Old 03-21-2005, 11:34 PM   #303
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Same here. I'm addicted as well. I'm happy that Mrs. Eaglesfan and I got to spend quality time together tonight, but I'm also happy that she is now asleep so I can play some more FM before bed.

Good thing you don't have children yet.

Just curious, what leagues are all you all running?

This game is just simply amazing. I am getting frustrated with Airbus (the team, not the airplane), I can't seem to get things together (we are predicited to battle regulation), but it makes me want to go back and keep trying. I usually break away for a few minutes/bit, but I am lure back to keep my hand at it.

I got to say, this is the best game ever made. The details, the realism, the brain-thinking (and the effects of every single) move take a whole step foward from the CM engine/brand (which is great, but the bugs and the big bounds foward in this game from the last one is huge). I can't imagine it when I get the new notebook and the patch downloaded when that happens.

Being out of college, and off for medicial leave/surgeries, does have it advantages. Who needs pain killers (though I rarely need them-haven't yet for this past one), when you got FM.

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-21-2005 at 11:39 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:43 PM   #304
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

dola..

Another great thing about this game, is it can never get boring. Always a challenge or a thrill out their, with the various leagues, competitions, cups.

Now, how does the Bosman transfer exactly work? I know if a player has an expiring contract at the end of the year, you can begin to sign them in the post Jan 1. window for next season right? I am just confused, because didn't you just sign Eagles to a new contract?
Old 03-21-2005, 11:50 PM   #305
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 8, 2011 -

Chelsea's Joe Cole partially tore some knee ligaments in an earlier match today. He will miss at least 2 months.

Today we host Watford in our third round English FA cup Match. Watford are currently 24th in the English Championship. They are an inferior team in comparision to our own. Their main scoring threats are strikers Danny Webber and Jameur Bouazza. Their keeper, Jim Provett has played well, but he hasn't had much support. Darren Potter has played well in the midfield.

We are very heavy 1-6 favorites.

It's very windy with temperatures in the mid 30's.

GK: Howard
DL: Silvestre
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Duff
MC: Djemba
MC: Parker (in his debut)
MR: Fletcher
SC: Smith
SC: King

S1: Barthez
S2: van Nistelrooy
S3: Neville
S4: Alfonso
S5: Cook

The TV Announcers believe that Rio Ferdinand will be my key player. Hameur Bouazza will be Watford's key player. The announcers believe my team will easily win this game.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:53 PM   #306
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
dola..

Another great thing about this game, is it can never get boring. Always a challenge or a thrill out their, with the various leagues, competitions, cups.

Now, how does the Bosman transfer exactly work? I know if a player has an expiring contract at the end of the year, you can begin to sign them in the post Jan 1. window for next season right? I am just confused, because didn't you just sign Eagles to a new contract?

I agree that there is always something interesting going on, particularly when you get to the higher levels.

I've offered Eagles a contract. He still hasn't signed it

If a player hasn't signed a new contract, and time is within 6 months of the end of their current contract, you can offer them a Bosman contract to come join your club. However, in certain circumstances (such as the player being under 24 like Parker) you have have to pay compensation to the club that you are taking the player from. If the contract isn't protected, no compensation is due. Most player's contract expire June 30th, but some are on July 30, and others are at other odd times (rarely.) Anyone whose contract expires June 30th is now free game

In fact, I just made a Bosman offer to a very good striker from Arsenal (no not Henry ) I'm going to tease it a bit though..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-21-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:56 PM   #307
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Good thing you don't have children yet.

Just curious, what leagues are all you all running?

This game is just simply amazing. I am getting frustrated with Airbus (the team, not the airplane), I can't seem to get things together (we are predicited to battle regulation), but it makes me want to go back and keep trying. I usually break away for a few minutes/bit, but I am lure back to keep my hand at it.

I got to say, this is the best game ever made. The details, the realism, the brain-thinking (and the effects of every single) move take a whole step foward from the CM engine/brand (which is great, but the bugs and the big bounds foward in this game from the last one is huge). I can't imagine it when I get the new notebook and the patch downloaded when that happens.

Being out of college, and off for medicial leave/surgeries, does have it advantages. Who needs pain killers (though I rarely need them-haven't yet for this past one), when you got FM.

I definitely agree that this is my favorite version of CM/FM ever.

Yep, we are planning on starting to try for children in the next few years, so I'll enjoy the time for games while I still have it.

After this game is done against Watford, I'll be able to look at my status window to tell you which teams I chose to run (I regret not running the MLS, but it was too buggy when I started this dynasty.)
Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #308
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I agree that there is always something interesting going on, particularly when you get to the higher levels.

I've offered Eagles a contract. He still hasn't signed it

If a player hasn't signed a new contract, and time is within 6 months of the end of their current contract, you can offer them a Bosman contract to come join your club. However, in certain circumstances (such as the player being under 24 like Parker) you have have to pay compensation to the club that you are taking the player from. If the contract isn't protected, no compensation is due. Most player's contract expire June 30th, but some are on July 30, and others are at other odd times (rarely.) Anyone whose contract expires June 30th is now free game

In fact, I just made a Bosman offer to a very good striker from Arsenal (no not Henry ) I'm going to tease it a bit though..

Ok, got it now about the Bosman. Just though you said Eagles signed a deal, so it confused me a bit.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 AM   #309
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Djemba passes to Fletcher.. hard shot from 20 yards out.. the keeper blocks it.. Smith gets the rebound and taps it into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Alan Smith's 5th goal of the year.

6 minute mark: Silvestre collided with Bouazza.. Silvestre is hurt bad, he has to come off the pitch for this game. I sub Neville in at left fullback (he really is only rated well on the right side.)

15 minute mark: Parker passes between two defenders to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. it hits the left goal post.. bounces back to him.. he shoots again.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

19 minute mark: Duff steals it at midfield.. dribbles up the left sideline.. crosses to Fletcher... he blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

24 minute mark: Duff takes it up the left sideline.. crosses to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. wide left.

31 minute mark: Ferdinand gets a yellow card for a trip on Bouazza.

32 minute mark: Fletcher steals it at midfield.. passes long to Duff.. he dribbles past the right fullback.. into the box.. hard shot.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. Duff with a great strike.

45 minute mark: Duff takes it past several defenders.. all the way to the left corner of the pitch.. crosses to the near post.. Smith heads it.. sharp angle to the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 4-0. That is Smith's second.

Halftime: 4-0 lead. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: King was hurt a few minutes ago, he is limping. I pull him off the pitch for Ruud van Nistelrooy.

64 minute mark: Parker passes to Djemba just right of the box.. Djemba crosses the ball to the near post.. van Nistelrooy outjumps the keeper and powers a header into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 5-0.

Game over. 5-0 win for us.

We outshot them 20-3 (11-0 on target)

Damien Duff won MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 24 passes, 2 of 2 tackles, 1 of 1 headers, 14 runs, 2 assists, and 1 goal.

Barry Parker, Djemba, Smith, and King all had 9's for form.

Brown, Ferdinand, Lucio, Fletcher, and van Nistelrooy all had 8's.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #310
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm running all Divisions of England. I'm running the first League of France, Germany, and Spain. I'm running Serie A of Italy.

Post Match Info:

We won 90,000 dollars for that win against Watford.

Mikael Silvestre severly strained ankle ligaments and will miss about 4 weeks.
Barry Parker twisted his knee and will miss about a week.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:18 AM   #311
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 9th, 2011 -

Our next match is a televised match against Arsenal. I'm already drooling at the prospect of beating them.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:20 AM   #312
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 9th, 2011 -

Whew! Christopher Eagles signed a new 3 year deal worth 14 million dollars today. He will be with us at least until June 2014.

I avoid paying for a bad mistake.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:24 AM   #313
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 10, 2011 -

Lucio, Downing, and Eagles were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Our 4th round draw of the English FA Cup draw was quite favorable for us. We will be hosting either Huddersfield (League Two) or MK Dons (League One) depending upon who wins their replay.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:26 AM   #314
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
January 9th, 2011 -

Whew! Christopher Eagles signed a new 3 year deal worth 14 million dollars today. He will be with us at least until June 2014.

I avoid paying for a bad mistake.

What was Arsenal offering?

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-22-2005 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:30 AM   #315
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 11, 2011 -

Arsenal's Nicolas Anelka rejected our offer and has re-signed a new contract with Arsenal for the next 2 years. The deal is rumored to be in excess of 13 million dollars.

19 year old Striker Bob Wright is angry at not being a part of the first team here at Manchester United. Wright has a lot of potential, but he is extremely raw. He shouldn't be surprised that he isn't playing in the top 11.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:32 AM   #316
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What was Arsenal offering?

I'm not sure, I only know that they made an offer of 5 million plus an untalented player before he became a Bosman eligible player, but once he became a Bosman, I'm not sure how much they offered him to go directly to them. The game doesn't let you know, unless negotiations become public.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:33 AM   #317
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 11, 2011 -

Bolton has signed my predecesor Ruud Gullit as their new manager. We play them on April 30, 2011 towards the end of the season. It will be a game at their pitch. I'm sure that will be an emotionally charged game.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:52 AM   #318
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 15, 2011 -

Sunderland which is currently 16th in the EPL has sacked Dave Jones. Pundits in the media are speculating that high-profile manager Hugo Sanchez could be tempted the leave the Pumas to come manage at the Stadium of Light.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:01 AM   #319
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 16, 2011 -

Today we travel to play Arsenal in a televised match. Arsenal is currently 6th in the EPL while we are 1st. Arsenal has a very talented team. Their keeper Manuel Almunia appears to be losing some skills as he ages, and the team has recently acquired young Italian keeper Gianluca Caruso from Milan, but Almunia continues to start. Left fullback Ashley Cole is a top notch player. Centrebacks Joseph Yobo and Philippe Senderos are both high talented players. Right fullback Sonkaya Fatih gets the most out of his talent. Left winger Mark Gonzales is starting in place of Jose Antonio Reyes per our scouting reports, but I still expects Reyes to start this important match. Midfielder Patrick Vieira is a veteran who is still world class. Their other midfielder Luovic Giuly is having a hard time fitting into the team's scheme. Right winger Jermaine Pennant is slowing with age, and is having his worst year ever. Striker Thierry Henry continues to be one of the best in the world. He has 18 goals on the year. Nicolas Anelka has stepped up nicely with Saviola's injury. Anelka has 14 goals in 20 starts. He is playing very well. This will be a tough match.

Arsenal are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with tempertures in the mid 30's.

GK: Barthez! (Howard is away on international duty for this important match!!!! )
DL: Chivu
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba
MC: Fletcher
MR: Eagles
SC: McFadden
SC: Rooney (he needs to break out of the funk this game. He is physically in superb condition.)

S1: Heaton
S3: O'Shea
S4: Stevanovic (Parker and Duff are both injured)
S5: Saha
Old 03-22-2005, 01:27 AM   #320
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The TV Announcers believe Anelka will be Arsenal's key player. Downing is picked to be my key player. They predict a tie.

1st minute: Lucio with a goal saving tackle on Henry in the box.

Reyes is playing for them at left wing.

9 minute mark: Downing burns their right winger.. crosses to Eagles who heads it to Fletcher.. hard shot.. great save by Almunia.

12 minute mark: Fatih pushes Downing down.. whistle.. Anelka argues the call.. yellow card for Anelka.

13 minute mark: Djemba steals the ball at midfield.. dribbles up the pitch.. passes between two defenders to McFadden in the box.. he takes one dribble to his left.. hard shot.. lower right corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

17 minute mark: Eagles does a good job of sealing it from Reyes.

18 minute mark: Reyes passes it to Anelka in the box.. I breath a sigh of relief as Anelka's shot sails over the bar.

31 minute mark: Henry gets off a hard shot from 20 yards out.. Barthez saves it cleanly!

35 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midfield.. passes quickly to Rooney in the box.. Rooney shoots.. hard curving shot.. it curves into the lower left corner of the goal! GOAL!!!! 2-0. Spectacular strike! That is Rooney's 5th goal of the year.

39 minute mark: Downing burns two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. crosses for Rooney.. shoots.. great save by the keeper.

44 minute mark: Brown turns the ball over to Henry deep in our box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. Barthez blocks it.

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. Arsenal has over 60,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Eagles with a great move on Reyes.. dribbles into the corner of the pitch.. crosses to the near post for Rooney.. he heads it.. great save by Almunia.

62 minute mark: Downing dribbles down the left side of the pitch.. crosses to the middle of the box.. Rooney heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney shoots the rebound.. Almunia dives.. blocks that shot too.

66 minute mark: Eagles crosses to McFadden in the box.. he hits it on the half-volley.. great save by Almunia.

75 minute mark: Eagles crosses long to Downing.. he burns two defenders.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-0. The announcer feels we should be the favorites to win the EPL with this type of performance.

83 minute mark: Henry and Brown collide.. Henry is hurt bad.. he has to be carried off the pitch.

85 minute mark: Reyes passes to Mark Gonzalez in the box.. he fakes right.. dribbles left.. shoots.. left lower corner.. GOAL. 3-1.

90 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midfield.. passes it to Rooney.. Rooney with a perfect 45 yard pass into the box.. McFadden gets to it.. fakes right.. dribbles left.. shoots.. lower left corner..GOAL!!!! 4-1. That is McFadden's second goal of the game.

Game over. Impressive 4-1 win for us!

We outshot them 19-12 (13-3 on target)

McFadden won MoM, 10 for form, 19 of 26 passes, 2 of 5 tackles, 5 of 15 headers, 1 interception, 5 runs, 3 fouls drawn, 2 goals.

Downing also had a 10 for form. Among his stats, he had 20 runs!

Djemba had a 9 for form.

Rooney had his first really good game in a long time. He had an 8 for form.

Brown, Chivu, Ferdinand, Lucio, and Eagles also had 8's.

Fletcher and Barthez had 7's.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:34 AM   #321
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Henry's collision with Brown that match resulted in a broken Collarbone. The talented striker will miss about a month.

Arsenal now has 5 good players that are out for a month or longer.

James McFadden bruised his ribs, but should be ready in day or two.

David Gill is thrilled with this win, and was caught on camera celebrating jubiliantly.

Fabien Barthez's appearance at the age of 39 is a new record for Manchester United for the oldest player to have an appearance.

Cheltenham (6th in League One) want to borrow my 18 year old promising centreback Jimmy Murphy. I agree to let them borrow him.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:42 AM   #322
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 17, 2011 -

Downing, Djemba, McFadden, and Eagles were all selected to the EPL team of the week.

That A-Hole. I just realized that Arsene Wenger is the USA coach! He is the one that called Howard up

Least it is for an important match as the USA is competing in the North American Gold Cup.

An update on the standings:

We are in 1st with 25 games played and 55 points.

2. Chelsea 24 games with 52 points. If they win, we are still in 1st, because our GD is better.

3. Aston Villa 25 games played and 49 points scored.

4. Liverpool 23 games played and 46 points.

5. Newcastle 25 games played and 43 points.

6. Arsenal 25 games and 42 points scored.

7. Fulham 25 games played, 41 points scored.

8. West Brom 25 games played, 40 points scored.

9. Tottenham 25 games played, 38 points scored.

10. Birmingham 25 games played, 37 points scored.

Wigan has crawled out of 20th, and is now 19th wih 25 games played and 15 points. The 17th placed team is only 5 points ahead of them (17th would be out of the relegation zone.) Wigan's record is 2 wins, 9 draws, and 14 losses.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:58 AM   #323
Desnudo
Coordinator

SirFozzie posted this info in my thread:

"Ok.. you ran into the 2nd type of player you can sign: Unprotected Contracts.

Bosman=end of contract time.. Over 23 or 25=no compensation

Long-term contracts:To prevent a team from signing a player to a long term deal and then watching the player make it huge and then refusing to renegotiate, the rule is that two or three years after the contract begins (depending on when the contract was signed), the player becomes "unprotected" meaning that anyone can sign them for a tribunal decided (usually large) fee.

To prevent your players from leaving on this kind of deal, sign them to shorter contracts and if you do go long term, resign them after 2-3 years

there's no age thing on the 2nd part Desnudo.

Ah.. here it is.

Contracts signed before a player turns 28=Player can breach his contract and sign elsewhere for a fee after 3 years

Contract signed AFTER a player turns 28=Player can breach his contrac and sign elsewhere for a fee after two years"

So basically, Unprotected doesn't necesarily mean Bosman. I believe it specifically says Leaving on Bosman if the player has declared for one. I'm not positive on that part though.

Last edited by Desnudo : 03-22-2005 at 02:02 AM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:48 AM   #324
daedalus
Pro Rookie

They don't actually have to do any kind of declaration to do Bosman that I'm aware of. Their contract just has to be up. Examples would be when Sol Campbell escaped Hell for Heaven, er, that is, I meant to say White Hart Lane for Highbury or when Wiltord left Arsenal (thank goodness) for Lyon. Their contracts were up and they left. The player goes to the new team when that contract is up.

The OTHER situation is when a contract becomes unprotected in a certain amount of time after it was signed. (Fairly recent thing I believe, since if I restart CM01/02 and it only starts to take effect in the season following.) You pay a fee determined by a tribunal. The player goes to the new team immediately (well, y'know, with respect to the transfer window).
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:58 AM   #325
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
They don't actually have to do any kind of declaration to do Bosman that I'm aware of. Their contract just has to be up.

The player actually doesn't have to declare, that's my understanding. Way I see it when I see that a player declares he will leave his current team on a Bosman at the end of the season, is that the player is making himself available to other teams making it clear he won't resign with his current team...

FM
Old 03-22-2005, 11:55 AM   #326
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 18, 2011 -

Adriano's work permit was turned down. I have appealed, but I doubt my appeal will be successful. It's too bad as he will likely skyrocket in value over the next few years if my keen eye is correct.

Jimmy Murphy has agreed to go to Cheltenham on loan.

OOC: I'm such an addict, I only have about 10 minutes to play on my lunch break, but I decided to do so anyway
Old 03-22-2005, 11:56 AM   #327
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Thanks for the clarification on the Bosman vs unprotected issue Desnudo, Daedalus, and Frogman. This is one of the things in Football that still confuses me frequently.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #328
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 19, 2011 -

Portsmouth have asked to borrow Alfonso. I haven't been using him much, and I decide to agree but with the condition that he can be recalled at my discretion.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:41 PM   #329
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
They don't actually have to do any kind of declaration to do Bosman that I'm aware of. Their contract just has to be up. Examples would be when Sol Campbell escaped Hell for Heaven, er, that is, I meant to say White Hart Lane for Highbury or when Wiltord left Arsenal (thank goodness) for Lyon. Their contracts were up and they left. The player goes to the new team when that contract is up.

The OTHER situation is when a contract becomes unprotected in a certain amount of time after it was signed. (Fairly recent thing I believe, since if I restart CM01/02 and it only starts to take effect in the season following.) You pay a fee determined by a tribunal. The player goes to the new team immediately (well, y'know, with respect to the transfer window).

All right, I've finally got it. So all a Bosman is is unrestricted free agency.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:49 PM   #330
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

basically yeah, except you can negotiate to offer him a contract before his contract is effectively over, for a new contract that would come live only when his current one is over. That part always makes me feel weird... How can a player keep giving everything he's got for the team he's currently with, when he know he is assured of going elsewhere when his contract is up?

FM
Old 03-22-2005, 02:52 PM   #331
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

Yes, expect you can sign ahead of time (during the last 6 months of the expiring contract).

EF,
What happen to Southampton? I though they finished fourth lasy year, and qualifield for the third qualifying round of the Champions League. Seems like something fell apart.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:00 PM   #332
3ric
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
basically yeah, except you can negotiate to offer him a contract before his contract is effectively over, for a new contract that would come live only when his current one is over. That part always makes me feel weird... How can a player keep giving everything he's got for the team he's currently with, when he know he is assured of going elsewhere when his contract is up?

FM
That's always a hotly contested topic - teams have "suspended" players for refusing to re-negotiate and leaving them open to sign as a Bosman later. A local team here allowed a player to train with the team but let him know he wouldn't be considered for any lineups after he'd signed with a team in the Danish first division. My favorite team doesn't have that policy, and I agree with them - it serves only to hurt teams' reputation among the players.

Last edited by 3ric : 03-22-2005 at 03:00 PM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #333
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric
That's always a hotly contested topic - teams have "suspended" players for refusing to re-negotiate and leaving them open to sign as a Bosman later. A local team here allowed a player to train with the team but let him know he wouldn't be considered for any lineups after he'd signed with a team in the Danish first division. My favorite team doesn't have that policy, and I agree with them - it serves only to hurt teams' reputation among the players.

Thanks for giving us first hand account of such stuff. It always boggles my mind cause we're not used to that in North America. Same goes with Formula One racing, when the "silly season" starts happening and drivers start signing left and right, many of them signing with other teams for the following season when there's still 5 or 6 races to be run...

FM
Old 03-22-2005, 03:30 PM   #334
condors
College Starter

Sundancer- i follow the league pretty closely. Basically Rupert Lowe is an idiot. In the last 12 months he has gone thru 3 managers (Harry Redknapp is awsome and they are lucky to have him). They sold their 2 best players in Wayne Bridge and James Beattie, They seem to have ambitions of just staying in the league and not try to win it. Hopefully Redknapp will be able to add to the squad and players like Prutton and Crouch will not be sold in the next 12 months. When teams sell players and don't reinvest in the squad it is a morale killer. Last season they were drinking from the Steve Wigley kool-aid but suddenly this season he is an idiot(not my thoughts on the man) and was fired in the early part of the season, enter caretaker manager(i forgot his name still may be an assisstant with the club), all the while the team doesn't play with the passion and when that happens your not going to win at the top level(forget the fact that they are not the most talent team in the league).

Imho Harry Redknapp may very well avoid relagation and that is a massive achievment. Peter Crouch has been with a few clubs and has been inconnistant to put it nicely. Now he is looking like he could challenge the league leaders in goals next season. If you watch the team now they are playing to win every game. That wasn't the case before Redknapp took over.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:13 PM   #335
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by condors
Sundancer- i follow the league pretty closely. Basically Rupert Lowe is an idiot. In the last 12 months he has gone thru 3 managers (Harry Redknapp is awsome and they are lucky to have him). They sold their 2 best players in Wayne Bridge and James Beattie, They seem to have ambitions of just staying in the league and not try to win it. Hopefully Redknapp will be able to add to the squad and players like Prutton and Crouch will not be sold in the next 12 months. When teams sell players and don't reinvest in the squad it is a morale killer. Last season they were drinking from the Steve Wigley kool-aid but suddenly this season he is an idiot(not my thoughts on the man) and was fired in the early part of the season, enter caretaker manager(i forgot his name still may be an assisstant with the club), all the while the team doesn't play with the passion and when that happens your not going to win at the top level(forget the fact that they are not the most talent team in the league).

Imho Harry Redknapp may very well avoid relagation and that is a massive achievment. Peter Crouch has been with a few clubs and has been inconnistant to put it nicely. Now he is looking like he could challenge the league leaders in goals next season. If you watch the team now they are playing to win every game. That wasn't the case before Redknapp took over.

Are you referring to Southampton? I actually meant them in Eaglefan's dyansty. They finished fourth the previous season, and qualified for Champions League play.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #336
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Thanks for giving us first hand account of such stuff. It always boggles my mind cause we're not used to that in North America. Same goes with Formula One racing, when the "silly season" starts happening and drivers start signing left and right, many of them signing with other teams for the following season when there's still 5 or 6 races to be run...

FM

IRL, most players don't actually decide until at least April for pretty much these reasons. Some players might say that they are going to leave on a Bosman beforehand (some years before hand believe it or not) but I don't think many players sign a pre-contract agreement with another club so early in the season. The only example I can think of is Steve McMannaman who in 1999 (I think) announced his move to Real Madrid from Liverpool a few months before the season ended, but as he had done good service for Liverpool the club didn't mind too much.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:26 PM   #337
condors
College Starter

Sundancer, yes i was, sorry i thought you were talking about the real world Southampton
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 06:10 PM   #338
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ric

I've tended to not play guys as much if they are leaving me, but if I need them I play them (like Elliott with Wigan.) However, I haven't been freezing guys out because I was afraid this might happen in the game. Thanks for a real life explanation.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:51 PM   #339
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 19, 2011 -

Today we were informed that we will be playing the MK Dons in the English FA Cup fourth round match. They are currently 1st in English League One. They should be easy to beat.

To answer the question of what happened to Southampton, They lost in the Champions League 3rd qualifying round to Porto. They have had a rough year. Certainly injuries have hit them hard. In particular, they have had trouble ar right wing where Preub has been hurt throughout the year. Their new left winger Michele Marani has been hurt quite a bit. Their central defenders have played badly the last few months. James Beattie is the only guy who has really been scoring outside of Bobby Convey who has played well in the midfield and has 5 goals. They have had quite a few close losses as well.

Also, they have had several guys become unhappy early in the year, and Morale problems have hit them hard.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-22-2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:09 PM   #340
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 21, 2011 -

Inter has made an offer of 12 million dollars for Christopher Eagles. I tell them no.

Real Madrid have signed Mark Gonzalez from Arsenal for 26 million dollars!

OOC: I'm on call and just got a page that a patient has arrived. Oh well, I look forward to playing more later tonight

Edit: I was just told by a nurse that the patient's parent hasn't arrived.. time to play a bit more

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-22-2005 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:13 PM   #341
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 22, 2011 -

I've been approached by a journalist from the Observer:

He asks me, "Many pundits have backed your team to beat MK Dons convincingly today. Do you share this view?"

I responded, "I'm quite confident that we will win today."
Old 03-22-2005, 07:19 PM   #342
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Would you let Eagles go for any price?

Also, Russia just offered me the national team job. Had to say no to that one. It's a nice ego booster though.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:20 PM   #343
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Are at the hospital playing?

Thanks for the Southampton response. Eagles is becoming a hot "property". Good thing you got him locked up just in time.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:21 PM   #344
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 22, 2011 -

Today we host the MK Dons in the 4th round of the FA Cup. They are currently 1st in English League One. They are playing very well in that league with a balanced team. Their leading scorers are strikers Julian Hornuss with 12 goals and Steven Gillespie with 12 goals as well. Their centrebacks are playing great. Sean O'Hanlon in particular has been dominant in League One. Their midfielders, Danny Bunce and Seth Johnson have been great. Their keeper Alan Blayney has been above average. That being said, they are all below us in talent level. We should beat them easily.

We are 1-14 favorites! (My best odds ever.)

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 40's outside.

GK: Barthez
DL: O'Shea
DR: Grygera
ML: Duff
MC: Stavanovic
MC: Cook
MR: Eagles
SC: Saha
SC: King

S1: Heaton
S3: Parker
S4: Mamam
S5: Marino
Old 03-22-2005, 07:23 PM   #345
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Would you let Eagles go for any price?

Also, Russia just offered me the national team job. Had to say no to that one. It's a nice ego booster though.
Not unless I have a great replacement lined up.

Sundancer, I live in a cottage on the hospital grounds. It is one of the perks of working for this particular hospital. I just walk over to the Emergency department area when the patient is ready to be seen

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-22-2005 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:41 PM   #346
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

10 minute mark: Duff crosses for King in the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. great save by the keeper.

40 minute mark: Stevanovic with a long range curving shot.. excellent save by the keeper.

41 minute mark: Duff with a corner.. passes to King just inside the right side of the box.. he fakes out one defender.. dribbles into the box further.. shoots.. upper left corner.. sharp angled shot.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0!

Halftime: We are only up 1-0, disappointing effort. We have over 68,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Marino on for Saha, and Mamam on for Cook.

68 minute mark: Duff passes to Stevanovic.. he is 30 yards out.. blistering banana shot.. it curves into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0. Stevanovic has at least 1 goal in every one of his Manchester United starts!

91 minute mark: Mamam with a long pass to Marino.. he dribbles into the box.. fakes out the keeper by faking right.. dribbling left.. has an open net.. shoots it wide left.

Game over. 2-0 win. Not as big of a win as I expected.

We outshot them 21-1 (11-1 on target)

Duff won MoM, 10 for form, 31 of 40 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 4 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 2 assists.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:48 PM   #347
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 130,000 dollars for that win.

Millwall want to borrow Barry Parker for 3 months. I think the experience would do him well. I agree to let him go with the provision that he can be recalled.

Liverpool have offered 5 million plus Djimi Traore for Christopher Eagles. Traore is a 30 year old good left/centreback from MAli who is still an above average defender. However, I will pass on this deal.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 PM   #348
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 23, 2011 -

WOW! Monaco's Adriano has been granted a conditional British Work permit for his move to Manchester United thanks to our successful appeal!

The only bad thing is that I'll need to play him at least as a sub in most games to make sure he keeps his Work Permit.

We have sent 14 million to Monaco for Adriano.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-22-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:20 PM   #349
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 24, 2011 -

Arsenal spent 44 million dollars to sign 25 year old Ivorian Right winger Salomon Kalou from Aston Villa. Kalou is a very talented player, but he was only valued at 28 million. His best attributes are excellent dribbling, long shooting, technique, creativity, flair, and pace.

Real Madrid have signed away Liverpools Edixon Perea for 32 million dollars.

We drew West Bromwich Albion in the 5th round of the English FA Cup. They are currently 8th in the EPL.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:32 PM   #350
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 25, 2011 -

Tim Howard played well for the USA in a 3-0 win over Canada in the North American Gold Cup. Landon Donvoan had 2 goals for the USA and Conor Casey had the other. Freddy Adu assisted on both of Donovan's goals.

Arsenal paid 78 million dollars for Lukas Podlski from Newcastle! :O

Newcastle fans are nearly rioting outside the stadium. They are furious with Fernando Vazquez for selling Podolski, even at that price.

Alfonso has agreed to go to Portsmouth on loan.