Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2005, 09:21 PM   #201
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto
In my game Spurs were freaking beasts in the first 2 seasons, won the league in the first season easily, then barely lost it in the second. Now THAT'S a damn bug that needs squashed. Thankfully, in the third season they got player raided from hell and crashed and burned. I was quite happy about that. Not that I dislike Spurs too much, mind you, they did steal points from Liverpool this past week, which makes me happy as can be!

Tell

Yeah...

Chelsea (my team) won the EPL on GD with Tottenham tying us. Paraphrasing TK: Now we know it's not realistic. Tottenham in second.

On another note, check this wonderful line in the champions leauge:

That's right.. 1 goal in 3 games...and 5 point.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:17 PM   #202
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Oct 26, 2012 -

I've come to an agreement of 8 million dollars for a very promising right winger from Argentina who is currently playing for Independiente. However, there is a strong chance that he will be denied a work permit. I want this player because I think Schreurs and Eagles are becoming too unhappy sharing the spotlight and I'll eventually have to move them.... also my scout believes Carlos Godoy has the potential for a legendary career, and from the video I've seen, I agree. The kid is lightning fast with great skills... I just hope that the WP goes through.
And now you're waiting . . . for Godoy.

It's been a long day. Bad jokes are sometimes called for.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:18 PM   #203
Tellistto
College Prospect

I've come to the conclusion that to keep the game even close to realistic you'd have to control nearly every one of the big teams to keep teams from buying players. Chelsea seems to want to monopolize every good forward, Madrid seems to want to monopolize every good midfielder, and in the end the Italian teams buy from the Spanish teams for gobs of cash. Just bugs the hell out of me.

Tell

Hattrick - Fizzle United (222968)
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 4, 2012 -

Today we host Liverpool in a key televised match that is essential for us to win. Liverpool is currently leading the EPL based on the AMAZING play of Djibril Cisse and Yakubu. Djibril Cisse has 17 goals in 17 games, and Yakubu has 15 goals in 18 starts. Fortunately, Yakubu is injured for this game. Andres D'Alessando has been playing great this year and is leading the team with 8 assists. Jamie Carragher and Jordi are very good centrebacks who have kept the defense solid. Gael Clichy has played fantastic at left fullback. Chris Kirkland has been a very good keeper this year.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

GK: Howard
DL: Chivu
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba
MC: Fletcher
MR: Eagles
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Taylor
S2: Ortega
S3: Duff
S4: O'Shea
S5: Smith
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #205
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Eagles passes to Adriano outside the box.. he passes it to Rooney in the middle of the box.. great pass.. Rooney shoots.. upper left corner.. Kirkland dives.. blocks it. Great save.

7 minute mark: Jordi strips the ball from Rooney as he dribbles into the box.

14 minute mark: Cisse steals it from Ferdinand.. Brown stops him and clears the ball.

21 minute mark: Eagles crosses it to Rooney.. he heads it.. good save by the keeper.. Rooney gets the rebound wide of the net.. centers it for Downing.. Downing shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

23 minute mark: Downing goes down the left sideline.. fakes out a defender.. passes it to Fletcher outside the box.. Fletcher shoots.. towards the upper left corner.. Rooney is by the left post.. he redirects it in midair.. towards the right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Great play by Rooney!

25 minute mark: Howard stops a shot from 20 yards out by Gerrard.

27 minute mark: Howard stops a point blank shot from Cisse.

41 minute mark: D'Allesando with a corner kick to the middle of the box.. Cisse outjumps Lucio.. heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. Up 2-1.

43 minute mark: Downing passes it to Fletcher just outside the box.. Fletcher shoots.. inches wide left.

Halftime: 2-1 lead. We have over 91,000 fans here to watch this huge match.

48 minute mark: Clichy bodychecks Eagles.. Eagles is hurt.. he can't go on. I put Ortega on for Eagles.

53 minute mark: Chivu intercepts the ball.. passes it down the left sideline.. Rooney gets to it.. crosses for Adriano he shoots.. Jordi blocks the shot.

65 minute mark: Clichy gets a yellow card for pulling Ortega's jersey.

67 minute mark: D'Allesandro passes it to Bridge who passes it to Owen (who just came on as a sub).. Owen shoots from 25 yards out.. it sails over Howard's left shoulder.. into the net.. GOAL. 2-2.

70 minute mark: Djemba is tired, I put Duff on for him. Adriano is tired, I put Smith on for him.

85 minute mark: Downing crosses it from the left side of the pitch.. Smith heads it.. great tip by Kirkland to put it over the bar. On the ensuing corner.. Downing finds Lucio by the near post.. he heads it.. brilliant catch by Kirkland.

They keep 9 men back most of the next 9 minutes.

Game over. 2-2 tie. Disappointing that we didn't win at home, but at least we didn't lose. We still don't have a single EPL loss this year, we just have too many ties and not enough wins.

We outshot them 19-12 (8-7 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 15 of 17 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 16 runs, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Our streak of 20 games unbeaten is a new team record.

Stewart Downing and Christopher Eagles both sprained their ankles. Both will be out for about 5 days.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #207
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 6, 2012 -

Carlos Godoy has accepted our offer. However, the move has been delayed due to a WP issue. We will hear on Nov 19 if his WP is approved.

Nov. 7, 2012 -

Today we host Leicester in the 4th round of the English League Cup. Interestingly enough, we play them again as our next opponent in an EPL Match. They are led by the stellar play of right winger Edgar Barreto who has become a premiere right winger. Their keeper, Paul Gallacher, has been brilliant this year despite his advancing age. Dean Ashton has never impressed me on tape, but the guy scores well beyond what his talent would seem to indicate. He has 9 goals and 6 assists in 15 games. Rohan Ricketts is playing very well in the midfield. The defensive line has been somewhat poor with only Jonathan Spector playing well.

We are 1-2 favorites.

DL: Schmidt
DC: Salva
DC: Marchetti
DR: Grygera
ML: Alfonso
MC: Stevanovic
MC: Cook
MR: schreurs
SC: McFadden
SC: King

S1: Ortega
S2: Taylor
S5: Smith
Old 04-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #208
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Oct 26, 2012 -

I've come to an agreement of 8 million dollars for a very promising right winger from Argentina who is currently playing for Independiente. However, there is a strong chance that he will be denied a work permit. I want this player because I think Schreurs and Eagles are becoming too unhappy sharing the spotlight and I'll eventually have to move them.... also my scout believes Carlos Godoy has the potential for a legendary career, and from the video I've seen, I agree. The kid is lightning fast with great skills... I just hope that the WP goes through.

Did his agent approach you w/ video, or did you just watch his goals from past games?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #209
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Schmidt thorws it in deep in enemy turf.. long throw to McFadden in the right side of the box.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is McFadden's 50th goal for us of his career.

18 minute mark: Schmidt throws it in deep in enemy turf.. to King who heads it back to him in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. very strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it wide.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 63,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Grygera is hurt, I put O'Shea on for him. King is tired, I put Smith on for him.

70 minute mark: Alfonso crosses it from the left side of the pitch.. Smith heads it.. good save by the keeper.

75 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. very good save by the keeper.

77 minute mark: Salva with a good defensive play. He and Marchetti are playing great together.

78 minute mark: I spoke too soon Salva gets called for tripping Ashton in the box.. penalty shot awarded.. Ashton steps up.. shoots.. lower right corner... Howard dives.. it is out of his reach. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

End of regulation. We are going into extra time..

Halftime of Extra time: I put Duff on for Alfonso who is exhausted.

116 minute mark: Howard stops a 20 yard shot from Barreto.

120 minute mark: Duff crosses to Smith in the middle of the box.. he heads it... over the bar.

End of Extra time. It is going to penalties...

Unfortunately, this lineup only has 3 very good penalty takers and 2 mediocre ones. I put the 3 best first: McFadden, Cook, and Stevanovic. I put Alan Smith and Duff who are both mediocre as the 4th and 5th shooters....

We shoot first:

McFadden shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL! 1-0.

Barreto shoots first for them.. to Howard's right.. he dives.. blocks it!!!

Cook steps up next... shoots lower right corner.. wide of the net.

Martin Cranie steps up.. shoots to Howard's left.. he dives.. blocks it!!!

Stevanovic steps up.. powerful shot.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Dean Ashton steps up for them.. shoots to Howard's left.. he dives.. it is past him. GOAL. 2-1.

Alan Smith steps up.. Shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it... it's still in!!!

Tomi Petrescu steps up.. he must make it for them to stay alive.. he shoots.. wide left!!!! We win 3-1 on penalties!

Game over. 1-1 tie, 3-1 win on penalties.

They outshot us 16-14 (9-7 on target)

McFadden wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 27 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 9 of 15 headers, 1 interception, 13 runs, 7 fouls drawn, 1 goal.

Craig King only had a 7 and is starting to make me wonder if this wonderkid is ever going to be good enough. His lack of footspeed is starting to concern me. It's not bad, but not very good.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #210
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
Did his agent approach you w/ video, or did you just watch his goals from past games?
I watched goals from his past games. I've been approached by dozens of agents but they are usuallly from English Championship matches.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-21-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:44 PM   #211
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 10, 2012 -

We will host Newcastle in the quarterfinal of the English League Cup.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:47 PM   #212
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 12, 2012 -

I decide to loan Paul Kelly to Sheffield Wed, and Jimmy Murphy to Chesterfield.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:55 PM   #213
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 14, 2012 -

Today I coach England in an international friendly against Slovenia. Dalibor Stevanovic is believed to be starting for Slovenia today, and it will be interesting to see how my player does against me. Chris Kirkland was hurt the other day, and I will have to pick a new keeper. I will give Chris Taylor the start.

GK: Taylor
DL: Ashley Cole (Coach is telling me to limit him to 45 minutes)
DC: Gardner
DC: Ferdinand (I will limit him to 45 by choice.)
ML: Cole, Joe
MC: Parker
MC: Gerrard
MR: Jenas (Eagles is hurt and Jenas might be better)
SC: Rooney (I will limit him to 45)
SC: Moore

S1: Robinson
S2: Bridge
S3: Barry
S4: King (I'll give my guy PT today)
S5: Ben Bennett
S6: Smith, Alan
S7: Defoe
S8: Ashton
S9: Glen Johnson
Old 04-21-2005, 07:11 PM   #214
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Stevanovic shoots from 20 yards out.. Taylor stops it.

12 minute mark: Stevanovic takes a free kick from just outside the box.. he curves it around the wall.. curving.. into the upper left corner..GOAL! Down 1-0.

13 minute mark: Joe Cole crosses it for Jenas in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

31 minute mark: Joe Cole passes to Parker just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. solid save by the keeper.

45 minute mark: Joe Cole crosses it to the far post.. Moore heads it.. over the bar.

Halftime: We are down 1-0. There are over 67,000 fans here at Wembley today.

I put Craig King on for Rooney, Defoe on for Moore, and Wayne Bridge on for Ashley Cole.

49 minute mark: Jenas crosses to King who settles it.. shoots.. into the crossbar.

61 minute mark: Jenas passes it to Parker just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it with a brilliant dive.

64 minute mark: Jenas crosses it from the right wing.. King jumps.. it sails over King's head.. Joe Cole jumps as it sails to the far post.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GREAT PLAY! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

82 minute mark: Joe Cole crosses it from the left side of the pitch.. to the far right side of the box.. Jenas heads it to Defoe's feet by the right post.. Defoe shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1.

91 minute mark: Jenas passes to Joe Cole who passes to Parker.. Parker passes it to King in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 3-1! King with a goal

Game over. 3-1 win for England over Slovenia in this friendly.

We outshot them 13-4 (8-2 on target)

Joe Cole wins MoM, 9 for form, 30 of 35 passes, 0 tackles, 1 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 1 run, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #215
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Report:

Craig King thanked me for having confidence in him and for helping him to get his first international goal in a TV interview. He also mentioned that he thought I was a great manager. That makes me feel bad about demoting him to a sub, but I think he might do better in that role for a bit.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #216
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 17, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Leicester in an EPL Match. They played us tough a little over a week ago, but we are bringing out our best players for this match. WE are in 5th place in the EPL currently, while they are in 8th place.

We are 4-7 favorites.

DL: chivu
MC: fletcher

S2: Ortega
S5: King
Old 04-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #217
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Lucio starts the counter attack.. passes it to Rooney at midfield.. he passes it to Eagles.. Eagles dribbles into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

6 minute mark: Djemba trips Canero.. yellow card for Djemba.

9 minute mark: Downing steals it at midfield.. passes it to Rooney just outside the box.. Rooney with a crossover move on the one defender.. he dribbles into the box further.. fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Rooney's 100th career EPL goal!

19 minute mark: Rafael bodychecks Lucio.. Lucio is hurt.. Rafael gets a yellow card.

20 minute mark: Eagles passes it to Adriano in the right side of the box.. Adriano with a curving cross.. Rooney in the middle of the box.. Rooney heads it.. into the upper right corner.. it's past the keeper.. brilliant header.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. That is Rooney's second goal.

Halftime: 2-0 lead.

61 minute mark: Djembas has a yellow card for so I put Duff on for him. Chivu also picked up a yellow card, so I put o'Shea on for him. I want to give Rooney the shot for the hattrick but he is tired, and the game is in hand. I put King on for him (I think King might play the left striker better which is part of why I'm demoting him to bench player.)

68 minute mark: Howard stops a 15 yard shot from Ashton.

84 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Petrescu.

Game over. Nice 2-0 win on the road.

We outshot them 11-6 (6-3 on target)

Rooney wins MoM, 10 for form, 13 of 16 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 1 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions, 10 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.

Adriano and Downing also had 10's for form.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:49 PM   #218
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Our board is very pleased with that win.

Chelsea has suffered a serious blow as influential full back Paulo Ferreira has suffered a fractured vertebrae in his back and will miss approximately 6 months.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:59 PM   #219
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 19, 2012 -

Lucio, Downing, and Rooney were all selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Carlos Godoy's Work Permit application was denied. I appeal the decision. I hope this goes like Adriano's did when I won the appeal....
Old 04-21-2005, 08:11 PM   #220
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 21, 2012 -

OH YEAH! Carlos Godoy has been granted a conditional British Work Permit for his move to Manchester United

The transfer will go through on January 1, 2013 when the next transfer window opens.

Now, I just need to decide which right winger to try to attempt to move (the answer might surprise you the reader.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-21-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:14 PM   #221
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 21, 2012 -

Today we host PAOK in a meaningless Champions League Group Match. I'll use my second string liberally.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 30's.

MC: COok
MR: Schreurs
SC: McFadden
SC: Smith

S1: Howard
S2: Duff
S3: King
S4: Silvestre
S5: O'Shea
S6: Ortega
S7: Rooney (won't play unless injury knocks out both strikers.)
Old 04-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #222
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Alfonso dribbles into the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. right back to Alfonso.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is Alfonso's first goal for us this year.

3 minute mark: McFadden gets a yellow card for a trip on the centreback.

5 minute mark: Smith elbows Karagiannis.. yellow card for Smith.

10 minute mark: Parker passes to Schreurs in the box.. he shoots.. wide left.

15 minute mark: McFadden is limping, I might pull him soon.

16 minute mark: Alfonso gets called for pulling Sahra's jersey.. yellow card for Alfonso.

19 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for pulling Vasileiou's jersey.

41 minute mark: Alfonso passes it to McFadden.. he shoots from 25 yards out.. curving shot.. just wide right.

44 minute mark: Schreurs gets a yellow card for tripping the left wing.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. There are over 75,000 fans here today.

I decide to put King on for McFadden who is limping and Duff on for Alfonso who is one of my many guys with yellow cards.

47 minute mark: King gets a yellow card for obstructing Papaganopolous.

54 minute mark: Parker passes to Cook who is 35 yards out.. he shoots a blistering banana shot that cuts through the air.. curving.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! Excellent strike!

68 minute mark: Taylor stops a blistering long range shot from Vasileiou.

72 minute mark: Duff collided witha defender and he cannot continue. I have to put Ortega out of position on the left side.

91 minute mark: Parker passes to Cook who is 25 yards out.. he shoots another very powerful banana shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 20-2 (8-1 on target)

Cook wins MoM, 10 for form, 30 of 33 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 0 of 4 headers, 1 run, 1 foul drawn, and 2 goals.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:35 PM   #223
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were awarded 400,000 dollars for this win.

Damien Duff suffered a fractured jaw, but is expected back in 3 weeks or so.

International Info (World Cup play):

Matias Cahais came on as a sub and had an assist for Argentina, but they lost 3-2 to Chile in the World Cup Qualifying match.

Adriano had 2 goals and an assist for Brazil in their 5-0 win over Paraguay in their World Cup Qualifying match!
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 PM   #224
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 24, 2012 -

Excellent! Fulham beat Liverpool 3-1 to help bring the 1st place team a little closer to the pack
Old 04-21-2005, 09:00 PM   #225
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 25, 2012 -

Today we host Leeds in an EPL Match. We are currently in 5th place while Leeds is in 17th. Leeds has a relatively weak team, but it is time for my key guys to start, and I'm starting them. Leeds is led by the scoring of striker Shane Paul who repeatedly asked to join my team. He is impressing with 5 goals on a relatively weak team. Gregory Maury is the second leading striker with 4 goals. Paul Connolly leads a suspect defensive line. Mikel Martins is a fair left winger and has been the best midfielder. Keeper Richard McDonald has been great this year, and I've considered pulling him up to the national team. He is a quality keeper.

We are 1-3 favorites.

DL: chivu

S2: Cahais
S4: Ortega
S5: Stevanovic
Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 PM   #226
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. he passes it to Djemba in the box.. he settles.. shoots.. over the bar.

22 minute mark: Downing crosses.. Adriano heads it.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

23 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney in the center of the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

25 minute mark: Ferdinand gets a yellow card for a trip on Shane Paul.

32 minute mark: Gregory Maury trips Djemba.. yellow card for Maury.

44 minute mark: Barker takes the ball away from Eagles outside the box.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 91,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Eagles is stripped of the ball again.

55 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. Rooney fakes right.. shoots.. upper left corner.. very narrow crease between the keeper and the goal post.. Rooney finds it! GOAL!!!! 1-0! That is Rooney's 15th goal of the year.

60 minute mark: McDonald blocks a series of shots from Rooney and Adriano.. brilliant display by the keeper.

Cahais on for Ferdinand, and Stevanovic on for Djemba.

68 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Rooney in the box.. he has a diving header.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.. brilliant save.

73 minute mark: Sidwell passes to LuaLua in the box.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. he was too far out of position. GOAL. 1-1 tie.

King on for Adriano.

82 minute mark: Fletcher passes it to Downing who is 30 yards out.. Downing does something I've never seen him do.. shoots a blazing banana shot from 30 yards out.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper who looks as shocked as I do! GOAL!!!! 2-1.

Game over. 2-1 win for us.

We outshot them 19-6 (10-3 on target)

Christopher Eagles wins MoM, 10 for form, 20 of 26 passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 1 foul drawn. I'm glad to see that Eagles thrive as he is the right winger I'm hoping to move..

Downing with a 10 for form as well. Rooney with a 9 for form.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:29 PM   #227
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Eagles hurt his knee and will be out about a week (part of the reason I want to move him. I'm suspecting he is becoming injury prone as he ages. He is currently 28 and 3 years older than Schreurs who is faster and almost as skilled. Of course, I won't move Eagles if I can't get a discreet good offer.

Djemba injured his chest and will miss 5 days.

With that win and Liverpool's recent loss, we are only 5 points behind the first place team now.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:38 PM   #228
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

i find in my second season that i alternate my players a lot better now... I actually review my schedule to see where I'll need my top players vs. the "second" tier players.. that is probably what caused the brilliant CL line of 1w-2d-0l with 1gf and 1ga...

What is the name of the guy who wrote all the training schedules for FM? I"m trying to find it and siilly me, i didn't bookmark it.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #229
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
i find in my second season that i alternate my players a lot better now... I actually review my schedule to see where I'll need my top players vs. the "second" tier players.. that is probably what caused the brilliant CL line of 1w-2d-0l with 1gf and 1ga...

What is the name of the guy who wrote all the training schedules for FM? I"m trying to find it and siilly me, i didn't bookmark it.

If my memory is correct, it is "Lysander" who created the training schedules. They are also called the Gary schedules.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #230
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 27, 2012 -

Eagles and Rooney were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:07 PM   #231
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 28, 2012 -

Time to decide whose contract I should extend:

Mikael Silvester - This 35 year old left fullback is still a viable backup. I decide to see how much he wants to extend his contract. He wants 51,000/week. The board will only allow us to offer 33,000/week due to his age presumably (same as van Nistelrooy)

Lucio - This 34 year old centreback is still on top of his game as far as I'm concerned. This phenomenal physical specimen hasn't shown any decline in his physical abilities. He wants to keep his salary of 110,000/week, but says he isn't interested in extending. I decide to try to talk him into extending for one more year at the 110,000/week. I'm hopeful he agrees. The board will allow me to offer up to 240k/week to Lucio! I guess the board likes him

Eric Djemba - 31 year old midfielder is still a high quality player who doesn't show signs of physical decline yet. He is currently paid 74,000/week. He is requesting 72,000/week for 2 years plus 1.45 million in signing. I try to convince him into signing a 3 year deal (effectively a 2 year extension.)

Rio Ferdinand - 34 year old centreback is starting to show the first signs of age, but he is still very very good. I decide to contact his agent about an extension. He only wants to play this year too, but I try to convince him to sign a 1 year extension. He is currently paid 140,000/week but is only requesting 120,000/week which is what I offer him. I also offer him 400,000 signing bonus.

Phil Neville - This 35 year old defender/midfielder is no longer a skilled player. He is strictly a backup now, and I see no reason to extend his contract.

Damien Duff - This 33 year old left winger is starting to show a decline with significant decrease in speed already. I don't see him as a regular player any longer but he is very creative and he has good technical abilities as well as outstanding physical skills. He is currently making 120l/week. I contact his agent to see if he is interested in remaining as a backup. I offer 80,000/week as Mr. Queiroz still thinks Duff is worth it.

Louis Saha - This 34 year old striker has lost his speed which was always his greatest asset. I'll let him leave after this year.

Dalibor Stevanovic - This 28 year old midfielder remains a good rotation player. He is currently only making 16,500/week. He is requesting 48,000/week and I think he is worth it if he agrees to a 4 year deal.

Finally,

Tim Howard - The 33 year old American Keeper has been brilliant this year. I'm glad I didn't acquire a new keeper after all. I think Howard still has a year or two left in him. He is currently making 77,000/week and he wants a 2 year deal at that rate. I decide to extend it to 3 years and offer him the 2 million dollar signing bonus that he is requesting.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #232
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 30, 2012 -

James McFadden fractured a cheekbone in practice today and he will miss about 3 weeks.

Ferdinand signed a new 2 year deal worth over 9 million dollars.

Stevanovic signed a new 4 year deal worth just over 9 million dollars.

Lucio has signed a new 2 year deal worth over 9 million dollars.

Howard has signed a new 3 year deal worth 10.5 million dollars.

Eric Djemba has signed a new 3 year deal worth 10.5 million dollars.

Duff refused 80,000/week. I decide to let him go as I feel he is going into decline.

Silvestre has signed a new 2 year deal worth 2.6 million dollars.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #233
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 1, 2012 -

The board is pleased with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won the EPL Player of the Month Award.

Wayne Rooney came in 2nd, and Johan Absalonsen of Southampton came in 3rd.

Adriano has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. This will be the last year that he will be eligible for this award.

Mario of Arsenal came in 2nd, and Ian Robson of Newcastle came in 3rd.

Bruce Arena of Aston Villa won EPL Manager of the Month. Ciriaco Cano of Blackburn came in 2nd, and Steve Bruce of Newcastle came in 3rd.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:25 PM   #234
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 1, 2012 -

Today we travel to play West Ham in an EPL Match. They are in 16th while we are in 3rd. West Ham is led by right winger Jobi McAnuff who is playing very well. Striker Dani is the leading scorer with 3 goals, and their weak offense handicaps the team. Craig Powell also has 3 goals at the other striker position. Centreback Marchena is very good and he is keeping the team afloat along with his skilled teammates along the defensive line. Keeper Vlada Avramov has had a very good year.

We are 1-2 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

MC: Stevanovic

S4: Parker
S5: Ortega
Old 04-21-2005, 10:32 PM   #235
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If my memory is correct, it is "Lysander" who created the training schedules. They are also called the Gary schedules.

you rock... gary is what it's called.. there is also lyssien general training for midfielders.

*bookmarks the page this time*
Old 04-21-2005, 10:43 PM   #236
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1 minute mark: Stevanovic passes it to Adriano.. he shoots.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

6 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Rooney who is 30 yards out.. he shoots.. banana shot.. trademark shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it!

35 minute mark: Downing trips Davies.. yellow card for Downing.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 35,000 fans here today.

55 minute mark: Dani takes it down the right side of the pitch.. he crosses it to Frank Lampard by the near post.. Lampard heads it... it hits the right post.. and bounces in! GOAL. Down 1-0.

60 minute mark: Parker on for Stevanovic who is tired.

65 minute mark: Schreurs puts a move on his man along the right wing.. passes it to Adriano in the right edge of the box.. he passes it to Rooney by the far post.. Rooney heads it.. over the bar.

69 minute mark: Downing takes it down the left side of the pitch.. he passes to Fletcher who is 25 yards out.. Fletcher blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

80 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Adriano just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

82 minute mark: Brown passes to Schreurs who heads it to the center of the box for Adriano.. he shoots.. curving shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1!

91 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. Rooney psses to Adraino in the middle of the box.. Adriano shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! That is Adriano's second goal of the game.

Game over. 3-1 win

We outshot them 15-8 (9-3 on target)

Adriano won MoM, 8 for form, 24 of 27 passes, 0 of 1 tackles, 6 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 2 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:44 PM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
you rock... gary is what it's called.. there is also lyssien general training for midfielders.

*bookmarks the page this time*

Glad to help. I think Gary and Lyssien are the same person (I wasn't too far off with Lysander )
Old 04-21-2005, 10:58 PM   #238
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 3, 2012 -

We drew a match at Sunderland for the Third Round of the English FA cup.

I've sent Cedric Gomis on loan to Bournemouth. I'm hoping a club might want to buy Gomis.
Old 04-22-2005, 04:25 PM   #239
marshall881
Mascot

Just wanted to let you know that I have been following for some time, and that this is a tremendous dynasty. Keep up the good work. I will be following along.
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #240
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshall881
Just wanted to let you know that I have been following for some time, and that this is a tremendous dynasty. Keep up the good work. I will be following along.

Thank you very much.
Old 04-22-2005, 07:47 PM   #241
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well Eagles, because of you I bought FM2005, and I also took on harrogate...now the season isnt here yet but I cant promote any of my youth from reserves or U18...Except sam walburton and Lee Morris, I promoted both of them but no one else, also since I have no transfer funds and finances are going down what can I do to get more money/better players?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 10:53 PM   #242
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22
Well Eagles, because of you I bought FM2005, and I also took on harrogate...now the season isnt here yet but I cant promote any of my youth from reserves or U18...Except sam walburton and Lee Morris, I promoted both of them but no one else, also since I have no transfer funds and finances are going down what can I do to get more money/better players?

From what I remember, Lee Morris and Sam were the only two real players on the U18 and reserve squad. The rest should be greyed out players, who are fictional place holders I think.

I'd recommend the same thing that I did. Try to survive the first season, raise your reputation, and get some loan players to come help you out. I strongly relied on loan players the first few years. Also, Andrew Wright is a good base to build around at left wing.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-23-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #243
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 4, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Gorica in a meaningless Champions League Group Match. This will be our final CL match of this stage.

It's raining with temperatures in the 30's.

We are 1-3 favorites.

I'll be giving the second team time here.

MC: Cook
SC: King
SC: Smith

S1: Howard
S2: Silvestre
S3: O'Shea
S5: Chivu
S6: Fletcher
S7: Adriano (I really should have declared one more striker eligible for CL Play.)

OOC NOTE: It doesn't get too much better than watching the draft and playing FM
Old 04-23-2005, 11:34 AM   #244
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Schmidt passes it to Alfonso in the left corner of the pitch.. he crosses it.. Parker heads it... upper left corner.. over the bar.

32 minute mark: Alfonso dribbles into the left half of the box.. passes it across the box to Schreurs.. Schreurs with a hard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

38 minute mark: Schmidt gets a yellow card for a trip on Bozic.

39 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Parker outside the box.. hard shot.. the keeper parries it.. Schreurs and the keeper race to it.. Schreurs is tackled.. by the keeper! Penalty shot awarded! Grygera steps up... confidently.. shoots.. lower right corner, it is out of the keeper's range! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Halftime: 2-0 lead. Gorica only has 4,000 fans here, ridiculous.

61 minute mark: O'Shea on for Schmidt (due to his yellow card) and Ortega on for Schreurs who is tired.

65 minute mark: Ortega with a corner kick.. to the middle of the box.. Smith heads it.. it hits the right goal post.. and bounces in! GOAL!!!! 3-0. That is Smith's 5th goal of the year.

84 minute mark: Ortega passes it to Smith in the middle of the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it.. but it goes in! GOAL!!!! 4-0.

Game over. 4-0 win for us.

We outshot them 24-0 (7-0 on target)

Smith wins MoM, 10 for form, 16 of 21 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 12 of 20 headers, 2 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.

Alfonso had a 9 for form.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:52 AM   #245
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 8, 2012 -

Today we host Newcastle in the English League Cup Quarterfinal. Newcastle is 6th in the EPL. They are led by the strong play of centrebacks Scott Murphy and Per Kroidrup who are playing great this year. Keeper Jesus has been playing great in goal. Ricardo Oliveira has developed into a very good striker who leads the team with 8 goals. Jermain Defoe is still a very good striker and is second on the team with 7 goals. Hatem Ben Arfa has become a very good left winger.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the high 30's.

MR: Eagles (he has teams interested.. time to showcase his skills to move him.)

s2: Cahais
S3: O'Shea
Old 04-23-2005, 12:28 PM   #246
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Eagles passes to Djemba who shoots.. hard curving shot.. upper right corner.. Jesus dives.. catches it.

19 minute mark: Oliviera with a powerful blast from 20 yards.. Howard catches it and clutches it gratefully to his chest.

30 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Arfa.

35 minute mark: Downing dribbles past a defender.. past another defender into the box.. he passes to Rooney by the near post.. he slams a powerful shot.. Jesus dives.. blocks it!

44 minute mark: Downing crosses it to Rooney in the center of the box.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 87,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Eagles takes it down the right sideline.. crosses to Downing in the left side of the box.. he passes to rooney in the center of the box.. Rooney shoots.. great save by the keeper to tip it over the bar.

54 minute mark: Djemba passes to Downing in the left corner.. Downing dribbles past a defender.. passes to Fletcher.. he shoots from 15 yards out.. over the bar!

61 minute mark: Djemba is tired, I put Ortega in for him.

74 minute mark: Downing passes to Ortega.. he shoots.. over the bar.

77 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. into the box.. passes to Adriano.. he blasts a shot to the upper right corner.. Great save by the keeper!

81 minute mark: Rooney passes it to Fletcher just outside the box.. he shoots.. another solid save by the keeper.

94 minute mark: Downing crosses it to the center of the box.. Fletcher heads it.. over the bar.

End of regulation. 0-0 tie. This is going to extra time. Eagles is exhausted. I'm going to move Ortega to the right wing and put O'shea in at the midfield in Djemba's spot!

94 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Fletcher with the rebound shoots.. acrobatic save by the keeper!

99 minute mark: Downing with a corner.. to O'Shea who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney gets the rebound.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it again! Amazing saves by the keeper!

Halftime of extra time. 0-0 tie.

111 minute mark: Downing dribbles past two defenders.. passes it to Ortega.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

116 minute mark: Adriano is exhausted (and he isn't a good penalty shooter) so I put Craig King in for him.

117 minute mark: O'Shea passes it into the box to King.. he shoots.. over the bar.

120 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. King gets the rebound.. shoots.. great save by the keeper!

End of extra time. We are going to penalties against a very hot keeper.. amazing game from him.

I pick Rooney, King, Lucio, Downing, and Fletcher to be my penalty shooters in that range.

We shoot first:

Rooney steps up.. blasts a shot into the upper left corner.. GOAL! 1-0.

James Milner steps up for them... shoots to Howard's right.. Howard with a great dive.. great save!

King steps up next.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!! 2-0.

Daniel Jensen steps up.. shoots to Howard's left.. Howard dives.. gets his finger tips in it.. and pushes it wide!!

Lucio steps up.. he looks very confident.. he blasts a shot into the upper right corner.. the keeper didn't even move.

Ben Arfa steps up... he has to make this to keep them alive.. he shoots to Howard's right... Howard dives.. blocks it!!!

It's over! 3-0 win on penalties after a 0-0 regulation match!

We outshot them 27-7 (18-3 on target)

Their keeper, Jesus, wins MoM with the most amazing 18 save game I've ever seen. This spanish keeper who is only 22 looks like he is going to be a star for Newcastle.
Old 04-23-2005, 12:58 PM   #247
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were given 360,000 dollars for that win in the English League Cup.

We will host Everton in the semi-final of the English League Cup. The Wolves will host Liverpool in the other semi-final.

Excellent news. Jeroen Schreurs has come to me and told me he wants to stay and asked me to remove him from the transfer list. I was hoping this would happen as he is younger and I think faster than Eagles and about the same skill level. Also, three teams are now interested in Eagles (Valencia, Juventus, and FC Bayern. I'll be glad to move him to any of those teams for about 30 million.)
Old 04-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #248
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 12, 2012 -

Yes! Leeds of all teams beat Liverpool and if I win my next EPL Match I could potentially take over 1st place in the EPL.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:04 PM   #249
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 14, 2012 -

Not a great draw, but not a bad draw for the next round of the Champions League. We will play Porto with the 1st leg being on our home pitch.

The first match will be played Feb. 20, 2013.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #250
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 15, 2012 -

Today we travel to play the wolves in an EPL Match. If we win, we will take over 1st place. The Wolves are currently in 15th place. The Wolves are led by Bruno Moreira who is developing into a very good striker. Even at the age of 32, Seyi George Olofinjana remains a very capable midfielder. Centreback Alexandr Orekhov is a very good Russian centreabck who is a crafty veteran. Stuart Taylor remains a quality keeper.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 50's.

MR: Schreurs (time to get him used to playing with the first team.)

S3: Alfonso