Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2005, 01:29 PM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute mark: Brown dribbles it up the right sideline.. being adventurous.. he crosses it to the middle of the 6 yard box.. Adriano jumps.. the keeper jumps.. Adriano outjumps the keeper.. heads it.. into the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

36 minute mark: Downing passes to Djemba just outside the box.. strong curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

38 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Carter.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. The Wolves have just over 29,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Schreurs steals the ball.. passes it to Adriano.. who passes it into the box to Rooney.. he has an open shot.. he blasts it.. well over the bar! Bad strike by Rooney.

52 minute mark: Djemba passes it to Rooney in the box.. hard shot.. upper left corner.. good save by the keeper!

61 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Djemba just outside the box.. hard shot.. upper right corner.. good save by the keeper.

68 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot from Carter.

74 minute mark: King on for Rooney and Ortega on for Schreurs.

76 minute mark: Downing crosses it to Adriano who is by the far post.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner.. no chance for the keeper.. Adriano outjumped a big centreback for that goal! GOAL!!!! 2-0. Adriano's second of the game. That is Adriano's 10th goal of the year.

78 minute mark: Cahais on for Ferdinand.

Game over. 2-0 win for us. We are in 1st place in the EPL!

We outshot them 18-15 (9-7 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 9 for form, 14 of 16 passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 4 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 13 runs, 1 assist.

Howard and Adriano also had 9's for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 01:43 PM   #252
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 16, 2012 -

Barcelona have offered us 21.5 million for James McFadden today. McFadden is getting older and has had injuries this year, but he is still my 3rd best striker. I counter with 50 million. If they want to offer that much, I'll let him go.

Covelo has been sacked by Valencia.

Chelsea have paid 5 million for Jordi, a good young right fullback who was with Deportivo.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:20 PM   #253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 18, 2012 -

Fletcher and Adriano were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Barcelona have withdrawn their offer for James McFadden.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:28 PM   #254
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 19, 2012 -

Today we host Arsenal in an EPL Match. They are in 8th place, but I'm not taking them lightly. I'll be using my top lineup today (despite just playing 4 days ago, I won't increase my chances of losing to Arsenal of all teams.) Arsenal is led by the dynamic scoring of Lukas Podolski who has 10 goals on the year. Midfielder Mario is playing great. Left winger Jose Antonio Reyes is still excellent at the age of 29. Salomon Kalou is a good right winger. Joseph Yobo is a good centreback, however, he might struggle as Ashley Cole is injured and the rest of his fellow defenders haven't been playing well. Manuel Almunia is still the primary keeper, but he is starting to fade in skill.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

GK: Howard
DL: chivu
DC: Lucio
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Downing
MC: Djemba
MC: Fletcher
MR: Schreurs
SC: Rooney
SC: Adriano

S1: Taylor
S2: Salva
S3: Alfonso
S4: Mamam
S5: King
Old 04-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #255
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute mark: Reyes with a long range shot that Howard barely punches over the bar.

23 minute mark: Reyes is called for being offside.. Yobo argues the call.. yellow card for Yobo.

27 minute mark: Kalou trips Downing.. he gets away with a warning.

28 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he draws a defender and the keeper.. passes to Adriano.. open net.. Adriano shoots.. Yobo blocks the shot saving a goal!

36 m inute mark: Schreurs dribbles past two defenders into the box.. Biasi trips him! Penalty awarded! Rooney steps up.. blasts it into teh upper right corner.. the keeper dove, but it was past him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. WE have over 91,000 fans here today.

60 minute mark: Adriano is having a totally listless game. I'm yanking him (and might warn him as well.) I put King in at striker for Adriano.

64 minute mark: Reyes gets a yellow card for tripping Schreurs.

74 minute mark: I put Mamam in for Djemba and Salva for Ferdinand.

77 minute mark: Downing throws it into the box to Mamam who heads it to Schreurs in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. it hits the crossbar.

83 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Adriano in the right side of the box.. he crosses it to Rooney who shoots.. upper left corner.. great save by the keeper.

87 minute mark: Mamam passes it to Rooney who tries one of his trademark 30 yards banana shots.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

89 minute mark: Good defensive play by Salva.

90 minute mark: Long pass from Mario to Reyes in the box.. he fakes out Salva.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL! 1-1. Darn, maybe I should have put Salva in for Ferdinand.

91 minute mark: Downing crosses to Rooney who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

92 minute mark: Downing beats two defenders.. crosses to Schreurs who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

Game over. Disappointing 1-1 tie.

We outshot them 18-8 (6-2 on target)

Their keeper, Almunia, won MoM.

Adriano did nothing this game and had a 4 for form. I'm going to warn him about lackluster play.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:52 PM   #256
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

King injured his knee and will miss about a week.

Adriano told me that he feels my official warning for poor performance was unfair
Old 04-23-2005, 02:58 PM   #257
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 21, 2012 -

Lucio twisted his ankle in practice today and will miss about 2 weeks.

Dec. 22, 2012 -

Today we travel to play Fulham. Fulham is currently 7th in the EPL while we are in 2nd (we fell there after our tie against Arsenal.) Fulham is led by the continued top notch play of midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger. Left fullback/centreback Carlos Bocanegra is having his best season of his career. Striker collins John leads the team with 10 goals. Centreback Enrico Gaede is having a good year. Keeper Michael Rensing has been inconsistent, he has either been brilliant or bad.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the high 50's.

DL: Schmidt
DC: Salva
DC: Marchetti
DR: Grygera
ML: Alfonso
MC: Stevanovic
MC: cook
MR: Eagles
SC: Mcfadden (freshly back from his injury)
SC: Smith

S2: Marino
S3: Parker
S5: O'Shea
Old 04-23-2005, 03:20 PM   #258
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Eagles passes to Smith in the box.. both defenders close down on him before he can shoot.

7 minute mark; Hitzlsperger heads the ball to Postier.. Marchetti misplays it.. Postier alone in the box.. shoots.. over Howard's left shoulder.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

11 minute mark: Marchetti with a long pass to McFadden who heads it to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

19 minute mark: Alfonso passes it to Cook in the middle of the pitch just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

37 minute mark: Alfonso crosses to the near post.. McFadden heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

41 minute mark: Grygera passes it long to the right corner of the pitch.. Smith gets to it.. he centers to Eagles just inside the box.. he shoots.. it deflects off the centreback.. and sails into the right side of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. They have over 22,000 fans here today.

54 minute mark: Stevanovic passes to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. the rebound rolls right to Smith.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper can't recover! GOAL!!!! 2-1.

65 minute mark: McFadden is exhausted. I put Marino on for him. I also put Mamam on for Cook who is tired.

84 minute mark: Marchetti with two good defensive plays.

85 minute mark: Grygera gets a yellow card for pulling Milan Baros jersey.

88 minute mark: Marchetti starts the counter attack, but it is stopped Smith is caught from behind.

89 minute mark: Marchetti trips Postiga just outside the box.. yellow card for Marchetti.. salva argues the call.. yellow card for Salva.

Game over. 2-1 win for us.

We each had 13 shots (we each had 7 shots on target)

Alfonso wins MoM, 8 for form, 22 of 28 passes, 2 of 3 tackles, 5 of 6 headers, 3 interceptions, 8 runs, 3 fouls drawn.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #259
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 23, 2012 -

Oh crap! Adraino skipped training today. I'm going to warn him about unprofessional behavior. If that doesn't work, and he skips again he will be fined a week's wages.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:42 PM   #260
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 23, 2012 -

Adriano accepted his wanring and noted that his unprofessional behaviour in unacceptable and that he deserved a warning. He has indicated a willingness to improve his behaviour in the future.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:47 PM   #261
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 25, 2012 -

Alan Smith was selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Speculation is heating up in the media regarding Eagles' transfer. I tell the media that we will sell him at the right price.
Old 04-23-2005, 03:52 PM   #262
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 26, 2012 -

Today we host Aston Villa which was recently in 1st place, but is now in 4th place. We are in 2nd. Aston Villa is led by the scoring of Luke Moore is a top flight striker. Midfielder Mourad Meghni is a very good midfielder who has 6 goals and 6 assists. Keeper Leo Franco is having a very good year. Their centrebacks are having a superb year. In particular, Liam Ridgewell is playing great.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 30's.

DL: Chivu
DC: O'Shea

S5: Cahais
Old 04-23-2005, 04:24 PM   #263
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

26 minute mark: Fletcher shoots from just outside the box.. the keeper punches it over the bar.

40 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Fletcher just outside the box.. he shoots.. the keeper dives.. tips it wide. On the ensuing corner.. Downing kicks it.. to the near post.. Adriano outjumps the defender.. heads it.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-0! Glad to see Adriano bounce back.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We have over 75,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney along the baseline.. he is dribbling along the baseline.. tries that amazing parallel shot.. it's curving.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

69 minute mark: Parker on for Djemba.

79 minute mark: Parker gets called for a two footed tackle on Jenas just outside the box.. yellow card.. they take the free kick.. Darijo Srna shoots from this range.. curving shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him! GOAL. 1-1 tie.

91 minute mark: Rooney steals it from the left fullback.. passes it to Downing in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. barely tips it over the bar.

Game over. 1-1 final score. Tough break on our home pitch, but Aston Villa is a quality team.

We outshot them 14-4 (8-2 on target)

Their keeper, Leo Franco won MoM.

Downing also had a 10 for form, 21 of 30 passes, 1 of 3 tackles, 1 of 5 headers, 1 interceptions, 26 runs, 3 fouls drawn, and 1 assist.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:24 PM   #264
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I've had a guy that hasn't gotten a pay check in 4 months because he keeps skipping and I keep fining him 2 weeks wages. You'd think he learn.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2005, 04:39 PM   #265
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec. 29, 2012 -

Today we travel to play against Everton. Everton is currently shocking everyone and is 3rd in the EPL! We are currently in 2nd. Everton is thriving behind a diversified offense and a solid defense. Left winger Andy Reid is having a great year. Centrebacks Anthony Gardner and Sean Brady have shut down many very good strikers. Right winger, Aaron Lennon has played veyr well. Mauro Di Mauro and Scott McDonald have been very good strikers this year. Ceiran Hutcheson has had a very good year in goal.

We are 4-6 favorites.

MC: Duff
MC: Cook
MR: Eagles
SC: McFadden

Old 04-23-2005, 04:40 PM   #266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
I've had a guy that hasn't gotten a pay check in 4 months because he keeps skipping and I keep fining him 2 weeks wages. You'd think he learn.

Hehe

Adriano is no longer unhappy and he is no longer upset about me treating him unfairly from the 1st warning, so I think he'll be alright now...
Old 04-23-2005, 05:06 PM   #267
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

13 minute mark: Di Mauro takes it down the right side of te pitch.. crosses it to the center of the box.. McDonald traps.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. it is past him! GOAL. Down 1-0.

16 minute mark: Di Mauro fakes out Schmidt.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard tips it.. it's past him.. GOAL. Down 2-0. Darn, perhaps I shouldn't have started some of the young kids against this good team.. but my first team is tired from playing 3 days ago.

35 minute mark: Eagles takes it down the right sideline.. crosses to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! Still down 2-1.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for Everton.

48 monute mark: McFadden steals the ball at midfield.. dribbles past a defender.. past Gardner.. the keeper is rushing out to meet him.. Gardner tackles the ball away from McFadden.. right to Smith.. Smith has an open shot on goal since the keeper came out.. he shoots... GOAL!!!!! 2-2.

70 minute mark: Marino on for McFadden who is exhausted and has a slight injury. Mamam on for Duff.

Game over. 2-2 tie. I'm glad we salvaged the tie after falling down 2-0. We still haven't lost a game this year.

We were outshot 8-7 (5-4 on target)

Eagles won MoM, 9 for form, 19 of 26 passes, 2 of 6 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 8 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:45 PM   #268
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dec 31, 2012 -

Eagles and Downing were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

January 1st, 2013 -

The Board is only satisfied with my performance as manager.

Stewart Downing has won EPL Player of the Month. Freddy Adu has come in 2nd, and Rohan Ricketts of Leicester came in 3rd.

Leed's Gregory Maury has won the EPL Young Player of the Month. Wayne Dunn of Aston villa came in 2nd, and Sean Brady of Everton came in 3rd.

Liverpool's Tony Colbert has won the EPL Manager of the Month. Gary Megson of Tottenham came in 2nd, and Micky Adams of Everton came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney has won the World Footballer of the Year Award!!!

Joaquin of Real Madrid came in 2nd, and Fernando Cavenaghi of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney has won the World Player of the Year Award!!!

Joaquin came in 2nd, and Robinho of Barcelona came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney has won the European Footballer of the Year Award!!!

My Adriano came in 2nd! Joaquin of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Tim Howard has won the European Goalkeeper of the Year Award!!!

Andreas Isaksson of Milan came in 2nd, and Iker Casillas of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Lucio won the European Defender of the year award!!!!

Cristian Chivu came in 2nd! Mark Gonzalez of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Mark Gonzalez of Real Madrid has won the European Midfielder of the Year award.

Jeroen Schreurs came in 2nd!! Joaquin of Real Madrid came in 3rd.

Wayne Rooney has won the European Striker of the Year Award!!!!

My Adriano came in 2nd! Yakubu of Liverpool came in 3rd.

Overall, a very impressive haul for my guys
Old 04-23-2005, 05:52 PM   #269
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 1, 2013 -

Today we host Middlesbrough in an EPL Match. We are currently 2nd (falling further and further behind Liverpool though) and Middlesbrough is 18th. Their offense has been below average and their defense has been horrible. Porcellis is their leading scorer with 6 goals. midfielder Johnu Alejandro Acosta has 5 goals and can set up his teammates. Jan Lastuvka is a good keeper, but he has been peppered with shots. He is becoming unhappy and faltering in his play. Chris Riggott is a good centreback, but his teammates have had a horrible year.

We are 4-7 favorites.

DC: O'Shea

S2: King
S3: Stevanovic
Old 04-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

29 minue mark: Fletcher shoots from 20 yards out.. the keeper blocks it.. Schreurs get the rebound.. shoots a sharply angled shot.. upper left corner.. it's past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

42 minute mark: Stewart Downing takes it down the left hand side.. passes it into the box.. sharp pass.. Rooney settles.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

44 minute mark: Yates steals it from Chivu passes it into the box to Marius Niculae.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. 2-1.

Halftime: 2-1 lead for us. We have over 71,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Schreurs passes it to Fletcher outside the box.. hard powerful shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

60 minute mark: Schreurs crosses it to for Rooney.. the keeper intercepts it.. bobbles it.. into the net! Own goal on the keeper!!! 3-1 lead for us.

71 minute mark: Cahais on for O'Shea, Mamam on for Fletcher, and King on for Rooney.

83 minute mark: Downing crosses it to Adriano who heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. King shoots.. the keeper blocks it again.

Game over. 3-1 win for us!

We outshot them 13-4 (10-2 on target)

Jeroen Schreurs won MoM, 10 for form, 18 of 25 passes, 1 of 1 tackles, 1 of 2 headers, 1 interception, 13 runs, 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal!

Downing also had a 10 for form. Rooney, Adriano, and Fletcher all had 8's for form.

The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:23 PM   #271
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Manchester City managed to tie Liverpool (1-1) and allow me to catch up a few points on Liverpool

Downing has had 2 10's and a 9 in the last 5 games. I decide to praise him to the media after the game.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:51 AM   #272
Koryo
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Post Match Info:

Manchester City managed to tie Liverpool (1-1) and allow me to catch up a few points on Liverpool

Downing has had 2 10's and a 9 in the last 5 games. I decide to praise him to the media after the game.

What's the league table look like now?
Koryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #273
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I awake this morning to see the league standings:

Old 04-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #274
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 3, 2012 -

Inter has offered 27.4 million for Christopher Eagles (6.9 million up front and 20.5 million in monthly installments over 2 years.) I'm happy to accept this offer. Hopefully, I don't end up regretting it in the future.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:53 AM   #275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 4, 2013 -

Christopher Eagles suffered a groin strain in practice today and will miss about 2 weeks.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:00 AM   #276
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 5, 2012 -

Lazio has offer 27.4 million (1.9 up front and 25.5 over 24 months) plus Danny Cox for Christopher Eagles.

I accept the offer.

Today we play Sunderland on the road in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. Sunderland is currently 1st in the English Championship. They are led by a dynamic duo of strikers in Marco Streller and Danko Lazovic who each have 13 goals. Right winger Steven Reid has pitched inanother 8 goals and all around stellar play. Left fullback Julio Arca is a good defender. Luca Brunoni is a good keeper.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 40's.

Carlos Godoy will get his first start due to Eagles' injury.

MR: Godoy (GO GO GO!)

S2: King
S3: Ortega
Old 04-25-2005, 11:24 AM   #277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Godoy has already been very active, but his crosses keep getting intercepted in the box.. however he is looking very active early.

2 minute mark: Long pass from the keeper to Lazovic on the counter attack.. Lazovic dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. it's past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

12 minute mark: Godoy is tripped by Arca.. yellow card on Arca.

35 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for a trip on Lopo.

Halftime: Down 1-0 They have over 48,000 fans here today.

65 minute mark: Alfonso gets a throw in from Schmidt.. he crosses it to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

71 minute mark: Schmidt with a few good defensive plays.

74 minute mark: Eremenko takes the corner.. to the near post.. Lazovic outjumps our defenders.. heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

75 minute mark: I put Ortega on for Stevanovic who looks listless, Mamam on for Cook who is tired, and King on for McFadden who is tired.

80 minute mark: Alfonso trips Reid.. Reid is hurt.. Alfonso is lucky that he didn't get his second yellow card.

88 minute mark: Godoy with a great cross.. Smith heads it.. over the bar.

93 minute mark: WHAT THE F!#$ Howard saves the ball left of goal.. he throws it to Marchetti on his right except he actually throws it backwards into his own goal!!! You Du!@$!#$ Howard. Down 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 loss. The ref killed us this game, but we let ourselves be outworked Very disappointing.

They outshot us 15-3! (6-2 on target)

We were given 7 yellow cards. They were given 3.

Danko Lazovic won MoM, 9 for form, 31 of 33 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 1 of 6 headers, 1 interception 4 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-25-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:34 AM   #278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 5, 2012 -

Liverpool has offered 27.5 million for Christopher Eagles. I counter with 50 million. It would take that much for me to sell him to a rival.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #279
condors
College Starter

Timmy!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:47 AM   #280
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 6, 2012 -

Richard Money has been hired at West Bromwich Albion. They are currently 8th in the EPL. I hope that jerk doesn't make it back to the EPL.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #281
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 7, 2012 -

Jeroen Schreurs was selected to the EPL TEam of the Week.

Aston Villa has offered 18 million for Craig King. I counter with 54 million.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:53 AM   #282
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 8, 2012 -

Juventus has offered 28 million (12.5 immediately and 15.5 over a year) plus 30% of next sale for Christopher Eagles. I agree to this offer.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:55 AM   #283
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan 8, 2012 -

Liverpool have sold top youngster Jordi to Atletico de Madrid for 25.5 million. Liverpool fans are livid at the sale of their favorite youngster.

Chelsea have offered 25 million plus John Hall (a good young left winger who starred in my most recent U21 England match) for Eagles. I counter by asking for a straight up trade for Freddy Adu.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-25-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #284
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jan. 9, 2012 -

I still can't believe we blew the quadruple so early in the season. Today we host Everton in the first leg of the English League Cup Semi-Final. We still have a shot at the treble, and I don't want to let that get by me. Everton has been surprisingly good in the EPL this year. They are 4th in the EPL and they are doing it behind a diversified offense. Strikers Nathan Ellington and Mauro Di Mauro are having a great year. Centrebacks Anthony Gardner and Sean Brady are difficult to score against. Aaron Lennon has been a very good right winger and Andy Reid hs having a great year on the left side. Ceiran Hutcheson is a good enough keeper.

They beat us earlier this year, but we will pull out the top team against them today..

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the 50's.

DC: Lucio
Sc: Adriano

S2: Salva (he is demoted out of starting in my 2nd string.)
S3: Ortega
S5: Marino (king is hurt.)
Old 04-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #285
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Downing passes to Rooney in the box.. he dribbles past a defender.. passes to Adriano.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

5 minute mark: Downing crosses it long to Adriano.. he heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!!! 1-0.

17 minute mark: Their defender, Gardner, has just made a series of great plays on both Rooney and Adriano.

18 minute mark: Danny Hope gives Rooney a yellow card for a trip on Gardner.

33 minute mark: Rooney dribbles past two defenders on the left side of the pitch.. into the box.. he passes to Schreurs in the middle of the 6 yard box.. Schreurs hits it on the half-volley.. over the keeper's shoulder.. GOAL!!!! 2-0! (That is why I like Schreurs over Eagles - Schreurs is the better scorer and just as good at distributing or almost as good. Howver, he is a much better scorer than Eagles.)

Halftime: 2-0 lead for us. We have over 85,000 fans here today.

47 minute mark: Djemba gets a yellow card for unfairly jumping with Gardner.

50 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Fletcher outside the box.. he shoots a hard curving shot.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney pounces on the rebound.. shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper couldn't recover in time.. GOAL!!!! 3-0.

61 minute mark: Downing with a corner kick to the near post.. Adriano jumps.. whistle.. Gardner pushed him.. Penalty awarded.. Rooney steps up.. shoots.. upper right corner.. barely over the bar!

68 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for a trip on Serhat (my former player.)

75 minute mark: Marino on for Rooney, Mamam on for Djemba, and Salva on for Lucio (all guys with yellow cards.)

Game over. 3-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-8 (8-2 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 10 of 15 passes, 0 tackles, 2 of 6 headers, 3 interceptions, 17 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Schreurs had a 9 for form.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:52 PM   #286
Desnudo
Coordinator

37 goals and 10 draws? *yawn*
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:40 PM   #287
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
37 goals and 10 draws? *yawn*

Draws have been the bane of my existance this year.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:48 PM   #288
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 11, 2013 -

WOW!!! Chelsea have agreed to the one-on-one transfer of Freddy Adu for Christopher Eagles!!!! I don't see how this helps them, unless they desperately need a right winger as Adu has a MUCH higher value, but I'm jumping on it!

I never thought they would actually agree when I made this move

I just need Eagles to agree to this deal and reject all of the other deals now..
Old 04-25-2005, 05:54 PM   #289
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 11, 2013 -

Chelsea have given me permission to contact Adu. Adu wants 100,000/week as well as a 5.6 million dollars signing bonus, 5,800/goal and 3,000/assist. The board will only allow me to offer 5.2 million as a signing bonus, but they will allow me to offer up to 240,000/week. I decide to offer him a 3 year deal with 120,000/week as a base salary.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:57 PM   #290
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 12, 2012 -

Longtime Loyal Scout Mick Brown has retired from football effectively today. He will be missed by all of us here at Manchester United.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:01 PM   #291
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 12, 2013 -

Today we travel to play coventry in an important EPL game. They are currently in 14th and we are in 2nd. I need our 2nd stringers to play well today and show me they are capable of beating weaker teams. Coventry is led by young striker Wayne Worthington who leads the team with 10 goals despite only starting 10 games. He has been a sub in 10 other games. Keeper Marco Tedeschi has had a great year so far. Right winger Dani has played very well. Striker Shola Ameobi remains a veteran threat to score. Martin Scott is a decent centreback who is having a rough year.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 40's.

DC: O'Shea (promoted ahead of Salva)
DC: Marchetti (looking great in practice)
MR: Godoy (needs to do better this game)

S2: Silvestre
S5: Marino
Old 04-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #292
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Godoy burns his man down the right sideline.. crosses it to Smith.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.

8 minute mark: Marchetti with a key defensive play on Ameobi in the box.

20 minute mark: McFadden takes it down the left sideline.. crosses it to the near post.. Alfonso heads it.. barely wide left.

28 minute mark: Howard stops a series of shots.

34 minute mark: Howard stops a flurry of shots, very acrobatic play by Howard.

38 minute mark: Godoy with a long pass to McFadden.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. blocks it.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. They have over 32,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: O'Shea trips Amoebi in the box.. penalty awarded.. David steps up.. shoots.. to Howard's left.. he dives.. blocks it.. Ameobi gets the rebound.. shoots.. Howard catches it!

51 minute mark: Alfonso passes to Smith just outside the box.. Smith draws two defenders.. passes between them to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

68 minute mark: Whing passes to Williams.. Williams passes to Chaplow in the box.. he shoots a quick powerful banana shot.. it curves.. upper right corner.. GOAL. 1-1.

74 minute mark: Mamam on for Cook, and Marino on for McFadden. I also tell the team to open up the offense more.

78 minute mark: O'Shea with a long pass to Smith.. he dribbles into the box.. the defender catches him from behind.. strips the ball.. it bounces to Marino.. he shoots.. weak shot to the upper left corner.. the keeper saves it.

85 minute mark: Godoy passes it to Marino in the left side of the box.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. wide left.

Game over. Yet another draw. 1-1 tie. I need to look at getting another speed striker who can burn the defense.

They outshot us 19-8 (13-5 on target)

Howard won MoM for his 12 saves, 9 for form.

O'Shea, Grygera, McFadden, and Smith all had 8's for form.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:49 PM   #293
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

January 15, 2013 -

Tim Howard and John O'Shea were both selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Adu accepted my contract offer!

Adriano and Howard were both called up for the North American Gold Cup!

DARN!!! Eagles rejected the offers from Inter, Juventus, and most importantly Chelsea! He has agreed to terms with Lazio. Do I dare back out of the deal at the last second. That is so fraught with danger. Chelsea might not agree to the deal on the second time, or Eagles might refuse to go. Also, I'm sure I'd take a professionalism hit.. Thoughts anyone?

I'm going to save the game and think about this for a while.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:53 PM   #294
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Even money says Chelsea won't agree to the deal the second time. For what its worth, you don't have to respond to transfer offers immediately- you can wait for others to roll in, and only accept the good ones..
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #295
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Chelsea just lost Arjen Robben, their starting right winger for 3 months. I forgot to post that (it happened after they accepted the Eagles trade.) So, now they desperately need a right winger. However, I still think you are probably right and they probably won't accept the deal a second time. I agree that I should have waited a bit more before accepted a deal, but I thought 27.5 was about as good as it was going to get (he is only valued at 20 million right now.)
Old 04-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #296
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chelsea just lost Arjen Robben, their starting right winger for 3 months. I forgot to post that (it happened after they accepted the Eagles trade.) So, now they desperately need a right winger. However, I still think you are probably right and they probably won't accept the deal a second time. I agree that I should have waited a bit more before accepted a deal, but I thought 27.5 was about as good as it was going to get (he is only valued at 20 million right now.)

How good is the Cox guy (who sounds English) that you got from Lazio ?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:57 PM   #297
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Quote:
1st minute: Godoy has already been very active, but his crosses keep getting intercepted in the box.. however he is looking very active early.

2 minute mark: Long pass from the keeper to Lazovic on the counter attack.. Lazovic dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. it's past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

12 minute mark: Godoy is tripped by Arca.. yellow card on Arca.

35 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for a trip on Lopo.

Halftime: Down 1-0 They have over 48,000 fans here today.

65 minute mark: Alfonso gets a throw in from Schmidt.. he crosses it to Smith in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

71 minute mark: Schmidt with a few good defensive plays.

74 minute mark: Eremenko takes the corner.. to the near post.. Lazovic outjumps our defenders.. heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

75 minute mark: I put Ortega on for Stevanovic who looks listless, Mamam on for Cook who is tired, and King on for McFadden who is tired.

80 minute mark: Alfonso trips Reid.. Reid is hurt.. Alfonso is lucky that he didn't get his second yellow card.

88 minute mark: Godoy with a great cross.. Smith heads it.. over the bar.

93 minute mark: WHAT THE F!#$ Howard saves the ball left of goal.. he throws it to Marchetti on his right except he actually throws it backwards into his own goal!!! You Du!@$!#$ Howard. Down 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 loss. The ref killed us this game, but we let ourselves be outworked Very disappointing.

They outshot us 15-3! (6-2 on target)

We were given 7 yellow cards. They were given 3.

Danko Lazovic won MoM, 9 for form, 31 of 33 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 1 of 6 headers, 1 interception 4 fouls drawn, and 2 goals.

I would have thought you would have been roasted in the press and by the board for this loss......
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:59 PM   #298
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Quote:
Jan 8, 2012 -

Liverpool have sold top youngster Jordi to Atletico de Madrid for 25.5 million. Liverpool fans are livid at the sale of their favorite youngster.

Chelsea have offered 25 million plus John Hall (a good young left winger who starred in my most recent U21 England match) for Eagles. I counter by asking for a straight up trade for Freddy Adu.

I thought this was freaking hilarious, the way you were tripling everyone's offers that you didn't want to deal with and then just stuck Adu in there. Then they said yes, and I almost died. Then I thought oh no, why didn't he cancel all the other offers? Then...oh man, HOW COULD YOU SCREW UP YOUR CHANCE TO GET ADU AND STICK IT RIGHT UP CHELSEA's ASS? sigh...i'm so depressed. I recommend you go back to the save game right after chelsea accepted and get it right
robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 07:08 PM   #299
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot
How good is the Cox guy (who sounds English) that you got from Lazio ?

Cox was being offered by either Milan or Juventus. Lazio was just offering the 27.5 million. Therefore, I've made up my mind. I'm going to risk the professionalism hit, and cancel the deal. I'm going to try to make the Chelsea deal work. I won't go back in time to a previous save as that would be too much of a cheat to me.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:09 PM   #300
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised I didn't get roasted in the press for that loss either.

Cox looks like a good, but not very good or great centreback, but he is only 20. He is on England's U21 National Pool.

Robb, I really must try to get Adu. Eagles is ANGRY at me now for canceling the Lazio deal, but I'm hopeful that I can send him to Chelsea for Adu soon *crosses fingers*