Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2005, 08:38 AM   #101
QuikSand
lolzcat

Focus On: Defensive Front

With a day off from league exports, I want to take a close look at our defensive front. It has been a strong point of this defense historically, but through retirements and trades, we have thinned out this group somewhat. Right now, I am contemplating a shift from the 4-3 formation to the 3-4, and I think we are deeper at LB right now than at DL.

I’ll walk through the decision-making a bit, which might add a little bit of depth to this discussion.

Code:
Personnel Analysis POS PLAYER Yr CapSal Overall RunDf PRTch PRStr PrPct TkPct Notes LDE Alvin Hall 8 4500 77/84 74/83 65/76 98 7.3 8.1 RDE Richard Buxton 14 2500 76/76 71/71 83/83 66 5.3 9.5 last cheap year LDE C. Kleinsasser 6 760 38/45 48/54 40/56 12 1.4 4.5 LDT Martin Santos 10 2250 39/39 11/11 72/72 70 4.3 4.1 RDT Eugene Bradham 10 4650 64/65 78/78 93/97 44 5.8 10.8 RDT William Brown 11 860 35/37 54/59 14/14 20 2.3 7.8 ILB D.J. Dennis 5 560 34/39 30/35 72/80 51 0.0 16.1 special teamer ILB Steven Watkins 10 4170 54/59 66/73 72/76 96 1.3 14.6 MLB Blake Rice 6 560 22/39 16/47 27/60 63 0.7 10.6 SLB John Galvan 7 2420 58/63 49/62 96/00 49 2.1 12.0 SLB Andre Shepard 6 560 29/40 27/42 36/59 55 0.6 10.9 SLB Tr. Kuykendall 3 2480 46/59 53/79 62/89 49 1.2 10.2 WLB Urso Harrold 11 790 35/35 23/23 65/65 0 0.6 10.5

From the above group, if you can untagle the numbers, one thing becomes pretty clear. We have exactly three quality starters along the defensive line (Hall, Buxton, and Bradham) and we have three quality starters at linebacker (Watkins, Galvan, and Kuykendall). That, unfortunately, makes our ideal formation a 3-3. That is really not an option – though it does leave the door open for a high use of the nickel formation – which I will consider seriously for this year.

Anyway – if those six guys have starting jobs locked up, and they do, then what should we do with the seventh starter? We have options – as I see it, here are the basic possibilities:

Option 1 - Status Quo: Stay with the 4-3 defense, use DE Buxton as a DT, and put someone else in to play RDE. Best candidate to get that playing time is DT Santos, though he is pretty clearly in decline, and not the pass rusher he once was.

Option 2 – Run-stopping 4-3: Have DE Buxton become the full time RDE, his natural position. Use our best run-stopper Brown as the second DT alongside Bradham, perhaps platooning with Santos in passing situations as an inside pass rusher.

Option 3 – Go to simple 3-4: Start the big three on the DL in their natural spots, and insert a fourth linebacker. If we do this, the most straightforward LB lineup would be, left to right: Galvan – Watkins – Kuykendall – Harrold.

Option 4 – Go to 3-4, pull safety in at WLB: Another idea I’m open to is using a solid run-stopping safety as our starting weak-side linebacker. The best candidate we have for such a role is probably new signedd Brad Pope (RunD=57/65), who also has some solid coverage skills.

At this point, I am really not totally satisfied with any of these options. If we had a one-dimensional run-stopping linebacker, that would make things a lot easier – we could slot such a guy as our starter on the weak side, where he’d be the first guy out when we go into nickel or dime coverages. I really don’t mind using a run-stopper type in that slot – it’s often a goo way to economize on salary demands. However, we don’t have anyone who fits the profile all that well.

Urso Harrold is a good fit for the defense overall, but really he’s like a fifth LB – if we lost Galvan, for instance, I’d be just fine slotting Harrold in to play on the strong side, where his decent pass-rushing and excellent coverage skills (not really shown above) would be a great asset. But puttin him at the weak side is emphasizing exactly what he does worst (stop the run) and pulls him out when he’d excel (against the pass). I don’t want to swap the strong and weak roles – using harrold full time (at the SLB slot) and relegating Galvan to the weak side means we’d be pulling one of our best players (Galvan) off the field an awful lot.

It’s right now that I will again curse the name of FishFan and Shreveport, who grabbed the free agent linebacker who would have made a real difference for us here. LB Howard Loftin is a solid run stopper, a decent pass defender, and would be an ideal fill-in as our starting weak side linebacker. Alas – Shreveport suddenly found that they had money to burn, and we’re left with the silver medal for the second-best contract offer.

At this point, I am left without a clear solution here. If we don’t sign a single additional player for the defensive front, my guess is that we will go ahead and switch to the 3-4, starting Urso Harrold in the weak slot anyway – essentially Option 3 above. That would make LBs Andre Shepard and D.J. Dennis into our key reserves, which is okay (bot not spectacular). And we’d have three excellent starters on the DL, with three solid reserves to cover any injuries. The real weak slot there is at WLB, but I think it’s the best option for right now.

We have a few offers in for free agent players who might alter this landscape a bit – but not likely anyone who steps right in and becomes a starter for us, I don’t think. We’re mostly down to guys who help add some depth. I have bids in for a couple veteran defensive linemen, but there really isn’t much of anything left at the LB positions to pursue.

We will keep at it in the FA pursuits, but at this point, I don’t think we have an ideal solution. It is certainly possible that I reverse course a bit, and decide to just stick with the 4-3 front, and use a platoon of guys in the second DT slot. That option might actually make the most sense even now – but if we add another decent DL soon, the balance of power and depth at these two positions might well shift enough for that to make the most sense.

Last edited by QuikSand : 08-17-2005 at 08:40 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #102
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
QB Harry Ross is likely to end up our big money free agent this season – but this is buying mostly on spec. My scour rates the 5th year guy as a 40/53 – not spectacular, but in the same ballpark as the two guys we currently have. Plus – he is a lot younger than our current duo. So, Ross wil be in the mix this year – probably as a backup, but we will consider him a rela option for next year’s starting job. He’s a pretty decent, double-affinity guy for us, so that shouldn’t hurt either. I put cash up front to land him – he hits our cap this year for $2.5 million – though I’m going to have unused cap space under any scenario anyway, so this is not very material, really.

He's a likely backup for you - but I was hoping to land him to be my starter. Curses!
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 03:38 PM   #103
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Wow, Quik. I think you're overthinking the 3-4 vs. 4-3 issue. All you really need to know is: who's better, you second best ILB or your second best DT?
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2005, 03:48 PM   #104
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
Wow, Quik. I think you're overthinking the 3-4 vs. 4-3 issue. All you really need to know is: who's better, you second best ILB or your second best DT?

Well, "overthinking" is one of the things that gives a dynasty thread some flavor, no?

And I don't think "better" is all that simple - the guys in those two spots are basically comparable in overall talent, but have very different strengths and weaknesses. Given my current lot of players, there's a pretty meaningful fork in the road here, I think, even if their overall talent level isn't that different.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:47 AM   #105
QuikSand
lolzcat

Free Agency Update

As the middle stages of free agency have continued, there are mostly minor updates. My own availability has been spotty, which hasn’t been ideal – but this usually isn’t a particularly critical time.

I did, however, miss out on one pretty high quality free agent defensive end – a guy who was apparently released, and signed in the very next stage (for which I didn’t even get in an export). Shame – acquiring him probably would have made my 4-3/3-4 debate even more interesting, but at least would have given us one more option in the pass rush. Alas, the player signed immediately and for a pretty cheap contract (one I am certain I’d have outbid) – so it seems I had bad timing after all.

We do, however, land a new player for our DL:

12th year DE Miles Kershner is not the long-term solution to any of our needs, but for right now he ought to be useful as a solid run-stopper (65/67). He’s probably a little bit better than William Brown, so if we end up needing a decent run-stopper, perhaps in a DT platoon, we could call on Kershner for that role.

Kershner has actually been a full-time player most of his career, and has been pretty successful – 36.5 sacks in five seasons (67 games) and a career PRPct rating of 4.6, pretty respectable. I’m not expecting him to get full time duty with us unless we suffer injuries, but he ought to be a solid reserve. He gets along great with Steven Watkins also, an added plus.

We are, incidentally, the leading bidders for startnig caliber safety David Plata, but that has been the case for several weeks. Our offer is solid, but he has not committed – so we wait. I am comfortable with the group we have, but adding a guy at the top of the depth chart can’t hurt. We’ll see when, or if, he signgs.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #106
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't have file access to make a substantive update, but I can report briefly that my top choice among rookies who I thought might actually slip past the first round or so was indeed there for us with our first draft pick at 3(1), so we are very pleased to land an intriguing DB there. I had a QB second on my list, but he was selected in late round two.

For our later picks, I expect mostly reserves and affinity guys, nothing too exciting.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:07 PM   #107
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Well, "overthinking" is one of the things that gives a dynasty thread some flavor, no?

Most definately, yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 10:04 PM   #108
QuikSand
lolzcat

Free Agent Update

We have landed SS David Plata in free agency, and secured the top remaining veteran player available. Plata is a 1th year man with a career PDPct of 20.3, 339 tackles and 23 interceptions on his five year resume. Very solid player – immediate starter for us (or for most any team). The deal is fairly cap-friendly for three seasons with base salaries of $2.5m each season plus $1.2m in bonus – after thos three years we may eat a $2.4 bonus if we release him, but in all likelihood he will play out his remaining days in Chili Dogs digs.

That is our last move in open free agency – now we will build up with youth, and ready ourselves for the season ahead.
Old 08-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #109
QuikSand
lolzcat

Chili Dogs Draft Update

We did not have any early picks in this year’s rookie draft, but still managed to come away with one player I rated pretty highly, and with later picks hope to grab a few solid potential contributors.

SS Herman Padgett (Pick 3.1, received last year in trade from South Carolina) – Padgett is an intriguing pick, with a pretty good skill set for our already-deep secondary. My scout rated him 28/52 prior to the draft – I’m hopeful that he will even bump up a bit on closer look. With a relatively high current skills rating, pretty good combine scores, and no return skills at all (indirectly indicating that his current skills are located in the areas I care about like coverage and run defense) – I am hopeful that this could be a nice breakout pick for us, and I am very glad he made it to our first selection.

CB Steven McWilliams (Pick 4.24) is our second selection for our increasingly crowded secondary, and will try to catch on in a reserve role. He has pretty good potential in coverage skills, and very high volatility – so he seemed worth a look for us with a fairly late round pick. Regrettably, a couple guys I also wanted went in the handful of picks right ahead of us, depleting my target list pretty suddenly.

...more to come...
Old 08-28-2005, 10:22 AM   #110
QuikSand
lolzcat

Note: I had planned to wait until the rookie draft was finished to post a recap, but as the draft is now entering its third week in real time, it has become a complete farce and is rather absurd for me to sit back and actually try to wait this out. So - above is my synopsis of the two picks we have made so far, and we will hope to get through the fifth round perhaps by Monday night or so.

I am really *trying* to keep this interesting for a potential reader... but I also recognize that this is very difficult to do, when even the league owners themselves can't manage to stay involved enough to drop by to make a draft pick (or even to put in a few names into the draft tool, which lets you queue up players in advance... or even, failing that, to just ask for picks to be made automatically in their absence).

Writing this thread has increased my interest in this team -- but I'm starting to feel like this investment of time and effort has been poorly placed.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:10 PM   #111
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Note: I had planned to wait until the rookie draft was finished to post a recap, but as the draft is now entering its third week in real time, it has become a complete farce and is rather absurd for me to sit back and actually try to wait this out. So - above is my synopsis of the two picks we have made so far, and we will hope to get through the fifth round perhaps by Monday night or so.

I am really *trying* to keep this interesting for a potential reader... but I also recognize that this is very difficult to do, when even the league owners themselves can't manage to stay involved enough to drop by to make a draft pick (or even to put in a few names into the draft tool, which lets you queue up players in advance... or even, failing that, to just ask for picks to be made automatically in their absence).

Writing this thread has increased my interest in this team -- but I'm starting to feel like this investment of time and effort has been poorly placed.

I'm with you. I just joined the league and have been stunned by the lack of participation. This draft has been agonizing.

And I agree with you on Padgett - I very nearly took him at 2.29, so I'll be curious to see how he turns out for you. I was hoping against hope he might slip through to the bottom of the 3rd when I'd pick again. Alas - a foolish hope.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 05:54 AM   #112
wade moore
lolzcat

Wow.. I thought some of the other drafts I've been involved with were long...

I thought that was a fairly active league?

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-29-2005, 06:32 AM   #113
QuikSand
lolzcat

I don't know what to say about FOFL... I'm guessing the deal is that there are 15-20 entusiastic owners, and the rest are in some state of disengagement. Regrettably, that doesn't seem to cut it -- we end up with teams that just go untended, and others that are clearly not being wisely/actively managed, and absurd delays in the draft. Now, the league is working to build up some draft timing rules (currently there is none, and we have seen teams spend literally days on the clock with no action taken by anyone) to speed things up -- which is good, but won't fix the "culture" problem there.

In any event - I'm just venting a bit. I enjoy managing the team, and am looking forward to this season, even though I don't think my team is much of a serious contender.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #114
QuikSand
lolzcat

Draft Update - Breaking News

LB Perry Hoffman has been selected with pick 5.24 as the FOFL draft blazes right along. Hoffman is likely to contribute right away on special teams, and looks to have some potential as a reserve linebacker for us. Though he is nominally a weak-side backer, we expect to try him out on the inside, possibly as a SILB. If he’s competing for anyone’s job, it’s that of D.J. Dennis, who currently is a reserve ILB and special teams standout.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #115
QuikSand
lolzcat

Chili Dogs Trade for Rookie RB

When the fourth round was underway, we were very interested in RB Ralph de los Santos, a verstile back who looks like he could play a nice utility role. We tried to trade up to secure him, but failed, watching him get selected at 5(2) by Duluth.

We entered conversations with Duluth, and have now worked out a trade to get de los Santos. We end up sending our picks in rounds five, six, and seven next year, along with RB David Smith to Duluth – they will send us the signed rookie RB de los Santos. I am pleased with the deal – he ought to give us one more intriguing option for our backfield.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:15 AM   #116
QuikSand
lolzcat

Update? We Don’t Need No Steenkeeng Update!

Our rip-roaring draft odyssey continues, with one team now having been on the clock for 24 hours, with its owner not even visiting the FoxL forums for three days. I don’t know – I’m thinking maybe this is a suitable time for someone to step in and make an “Otto” pick here, eh? It’s the sixth round – if the team really cared about this pick, they would have filled the draft utility (or something). Alas.

The last file update contained a completely uneventful stage 17 of free agency.

Nothing to see here.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:43 AM   #117
QuikSand
lolzcat

Bubble Watch: RB Lewis Lee

As we head toward training camp, I will no doubt have some borderline cases to deal with. One that I can also see coming is RB Lewis Lee.

We picked up Lee as an undrafted rookie three seasons ago, and he has stuck as a decent deep reserve RB, and especially as a return man. In three seasons with the team, he has been on field for only 35 plays from scrimmage – yielding 6 carries for 20 yards, and no receptions. He is not a viable option in either the rushing nor receiving game, with no important skills rated over the 40s.

However, he currently is our best-rated return man, with skills in both punt returns (37) and kick returns (50/66). For his career, he has averaged 8.4 yards per punt return, and 25.2 yards per kickoff return – both are pretty respectable numbers. So, he has contributed, and if he makes the team, that would be why.

Our bigger issue is the roster spot he’d be squeezing out if he does indeed make the team. We already have three active rosters spots committed to RB Courtney Criswell, FB Chadwick Morimasa, and FB Cvharles Emerson. Trading for the rookie RB Ralph de lo Santos labels him as the young player we’d like to see get some reserve time in the backfield, so we’d prefer to have him active if possible. Retaining Lee for a return role boosts to five the number of players we’d have active in our backfield most weeks – and that’s a burden to worry about, I think.

Keeping Lee, a non-affinity player on a team trying to move in that direction as much as possible, would also mean releasing one other player somewhere else, to get down to 53 players. So – while Lewis Lee’s modest salary of $550K is a non-issue, the “opportunity cost” of keeping him is pretty high.

Our best alternatives in the return game are to use S Mark Carr (51/62) as our primary kick returner with Henry Birkland (26) as the second man. Birkland has to remain active anyway, as he is our CB mentor for your youngsters there. In punt returns, we don’t have a great option, but could end up with rookie CB Steven McWilliams as our guy – I can’t se his ratings yet, but I’m guessing he’ll be maybe a 10-20 rated guy in punt returns.

So, Lewis Lee, on the bubble. Keeping him costs us an overall roster slot, an active roster slot, and (in all likelihood) an affinity. Cutting him puts a bunch of dopes on the field to return punts and kicks for us. Not a promising situation.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 AM   #118
wade moore
lolzcat

I have a tough time with returners...

a) using roster spots
b) using star players in that role...

Never have come to a good decision in my mind on how crucial it is to m e...

Quote:
Old 09-01-2005, 08:29 AM   #119
QuikSand
lolzcat

Roster Slot Assessment

As there is a bit of a lull at this point (heh, no kidding), I thought it might be a fair time to go through our current roster, and our current thinking about who is going to make the team (and implictly, how many spots we have yet unfilled).

Code:
POS PLAYERS WHO WILL MAKE THE TEAM BUBBLE PLAYERS SLOTS: NOW/MAX QB Boner Chesley Ross 3 4 RB Criswell delosSantos Lee 2 4 FB Morimasa Emerson 2 2 TE Rego Lannon 2 2 WR Berkey Meneses Castellano 4 6 Newbury C Houtz Wallace 2 2 G Cid Shaffer Beaton 2 3 T Tilton Gourdine Boyd 3 4 P/K Embry TBA 2 2 DE Hall Buxton Kershner Welch 4 5 Kleinsasser DT Bradham Santos Shah Brown 3 4 ILB Watkins Dennis Rice 2 4 OLB Kuykendall Galvan Harrold Hoffman 4 6 Shepard CB Raab Nave Scanlon McWilliams 4 6 Birkland Kindred S Carr Plata Kettler Pope 4 6 Hornick Padgett TOTAL COMMITTED SLOTS: 43

So, if we start out with the assumption that 43 players have “made the team” already, then we have basically ten spots up for grabs. (I am holding the kicker slot as filled, even though we don’t have a guy there at the moment, it’s not like I can use that spot for anything else)

Thinking practically, I will pretty much assume that my four rookies so far will at least make the team – so that bumps the number up to 45, really.

The biggest variable here is the offensive line, where I really haven’t found anyone I wanted to draft. We have seven guys slotted as “in” and really nobody else we plan to pursue. I think we are okay with our starting five – presumably using Wallace and Houtz as the center and at one of the guard slotsd (I haven’t decided exactly how yet), which places guys like Lenny Boyd (31/48) and James Cid (40/40) as our top reserves. That’s fine by me, actually. We need to have an eighth active OL, so there has to be at least one more guy on this roster – my best guess is that we will find a couple youngsters and/or castoffs, and go into the season with nine total. So, that is probably 47.

Now, running back. I have detailed my thoughts about Lewis Lee as a reserv RB basically just for returns. Right now, I think the chances are 50/50 that he sticks in that capacity. I frequently go digging in the pool of undrafted free agent players at RB, as there are often guys who have one or two decent skills there – so I imagine that we will have a few faces in camp to watch. My best guess is that we will just keep three players at RB, but our PR/KR options and the depth of ball carriers probably dictates that for us.

The two remaining places to focus are wide receiver and linebacker. We are a pass-happy team, running lots of three and four receiver sets, and right now we only have four guys slated to make the team. Not too good. Honestly, the ideal thing for this team would be to pick up one more decent veteran player (prehaps a punt returner) who we could use as a reserve WR and add some depth to the position. RB Criswell isn’t much of a pass-catcher, so receiving skills might be worth watching for from the RB crop as well – I don’t mind slotting a RB as a reserve WR as needed. (Lewis Lee eagerly raises his hand, and says he could do that…)

At linebacker, we have three solid guys in Watkins, Galvan, and Kuykendall. That is a good start. But past them, we have role-players. Harrold is better in coverage, Dennis is mostly a special teamer, and Shepard and Rice are just reserve quality. We pursued a veteran to add here, but lost out in the FA bidding. So, we end up being short here by one quality player, for my tastes. The rookie Hoffman doesn’t answer the question, he just gives us more mediocre depth.

If I assume from here that we won’t add any more veterans, and instead we will be filling in with rookies (including our two remaiing draft picks) – then my best guess is that we will be obliged to grab at least one receiver, one linebacker, and one running back, plus one or two offensive linemen. (And the obligatory kicker) If someone promising comes along at other positions, we will take a look, but our roster needs are fairly straightforward.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:41 AM   #120
QuikSand
lolzcat

Update? Kinda.

We got a new file today. Advanced, I think, one stage in free agency. Nothing to report, of course.

We didn’t get anywhere in the draft. Despite the thread where there was masive suport for “get the show on the road” the league opted instead to defer to the interests of those who might not have seen it coming that we’d want to finish the damned draft.

The good news is that te team holding us up made his pick signed on last night, made his own pick, and we moved a handful of picks past him – CHE will probably get a pick done this morning, and hopefully another tomorrow night.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #121
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sixth Round Pick

Chesapeake has drafted RB Floyd Fraser, in what amounts to more bad news for RB Lewis Lee. Fraser appears to have a few areas of some skill – among them elusiveness (potential maybe 80) and hole recognition (potential maybe 45-50), and he graded out pretty well in the agility drill at the combine. He also appears to have some third-down skills, including decent receiving abilities (or at least potentials). He has at least some measurable return skills also, and with this combination of assets, he might make a nice versatile third RB for our roster this season.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #122
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sixth Round Continues

Our fitful front office decided to move up and grab the one remaining player we coveted, WR Dave Worcester. Worcester is a “tough guy” receiver – his primary skill seems to be going over the middle. He looks like he might have some possible utility as a deep reserve at WR, and he also has some punt return skills. If he happens to break out and improve – then we might be talking about a real contributor. For the price of a couple of seventh round picks, I’ll give him a look. He wasn’t even by the phone to take the “we picked you” call. Mel Kiper said “what the hell is Chesapeake thinking here?” I’m pleased.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:58 AM   #123
QuikSand
lolzcat

*never mind, I reckon I'm over my little fit*

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-06-2005 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-03-2005, 04:36 PM   #124
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I am considering reloating this dynasty to the FOFL boards. In the event that anyone here is actually reading them, I will be sure to provide a forwarding address. I'm giving myself a "cooling off" period before doing so.
That would be a shame.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 04:49 PM   #125
3ric
College Starter

I would like this dynasty to stay at FOFC.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:54 AM   #126
wade moore
lolzcat

I figure you can keep it where you want.. but knowing me, I'll forget to check it if it is at FOFL...

Quote:
Old 09-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #127
QuikSand
lolzcat

Post-Draft Reality Check

We have a chance to get a closer look at our roster, both the rookies and the veterans, as we begin mini-camps. What we see, candidly, is just awful. This is a veteran team – we knew that – but the losses we suffered this year are particularly discouraging. At least eight players suffered meaningful losses, as age starts to wear on them.

I am not too surprised that guys like 12th year CB John Raab and 12th year S David Pplata saw some dip in ratings – this is where it shows up, and they are the right age. But I’m disappointed to see 10th year LB Steven Watkins take a dip also – that hurts us up front. And right on down the line, we lost meaningful points to importanbt players. Very bad news.

On our offense, we head toward training camp with some new questions. One relatively minor one is whether veteran RB Courtney Criswell will make the team at all. We signed him this year thinking he’d be at least our #2 running option, perhaps behind Morimasa. However, a bad minicamp has me wondering if he is worth the investment – if either of our young running backs stap up, they could claim his job and cost Criswell his spot.

And the even bigger question is right at the top, as 15th year QB Hilton Boner has eroded substantially as well – and now his once-firm grip on the starting job is very much in question. For him, he probably has to end up in one of two spots – either our #1 QB and opening day starter, or else out the door. He makes $3m this year, on a contract that had to go next season anyway. Right now, I think it’s a true three-way race to see who starts this year for us, and with a pretty good minicamp, Harry Ross is very much a part of that race.

Incidentally, I also probably will save the team the trouble of signing our 4th round draft pick CB Steven McWilliams, who looks like a clunker. Fifth rounder LB Perry Hoffman will be a tougher decision, as he doesn’t have the affinity we believed he would (too low a personality score?) and without that, brings fairly little to the team. So, it looks like we will uphold our tradition of missing badly with late round picks.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 AM   #128
QuikSand
lolzcat

We had a little mishap with the first stages of late free agency (a team submitted enough FA bids to land a hundred players, which is a known bug with the MP game and is against the league rules - but was apparently never actually added to the constitution). So, I have re-written this piece, as my initial reactions were based on outcomes that did not materialize on the second try... more to come...

- - -

Late Free Agency

As we ponder the core to the team, and the number of crumbling veterans making it up, we begin the process of filling in with undrafted rookies. I actually have some enthusiasm about some of these guys – so perhaps we’ll see some good news from our rookie class down here in the depths, to recover from what is now looking like a mostly disappointing draft. (We still have high hopes for S Herman Padgett, though)

Among our early round of “misfit toys” pickups are QB Ernest Biddle, a guy I’d like a lot if he didn’t have a conspicuously low rating in avoiding interceptions. He’s a profile I have had some success with in the past – his real strengths are in the “lower” ratings like reading defenses, accuracy, and sensinng the rush. We’ll keep a close eye – a camp breakout probably means he makes the team and makes things even tougher on old man Hilton Boner.

Safety Jeff McCartney is 216 pounds, probbly too heavy to switch to cornerback, where he might be better suited overall. Great eye for the ball (maxed out int potential, it seems) and he might have some upside. We have some young offensive linemen in the fold as well – we will hope for some promising roster fillers there. We pick up a handful of other youngsters, who we will have to see more closely in training camp to have a final sense. There are only so many slots truly open for competition – but as usual, I am falling in love with a number of these fresh faces, making the final cuts a tougher project than it should be.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:14 PM   #129
jshipman2
Banned

This is a great dynasty, you should leave it here and not move it. This dynasty got be going on my Fargo Boxcar dynasty.
jshipman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:39 PM   #130
Critch
lolzcat

You should post the dynasty at both places, but the fofl version should include lots of slander about the people you hate at FOFC.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 08:19 AM   #131
QuikSand
lolzcat

More on Herman Padgett and the Chili Dogs Secondary

In anticipation of training camp, I have decided to shift rookie pick Herman Padgett from safety to cornerback. He has pretty good all-around skills, and very high potential in our coverage style, so I think this might be a better long-term spot for him. Adding to my decision is the signing of URFA safety Jeff McCartney, a guy who is just too portly to switch to cornerback. I am pretty confident that McCartney will stick and make the team, and having two guys competing for actiev rosters as our #4 or #5 safties doesn’t make a ton of sense to me.

Assuming Padgett makes the transition pretty well (my scout says he will do so at 89%, not too bad) I think he will probably pull right even with last year’s first round pick CB Billy Joe Scanlon in terms of immediate contribution. With a good training camp (and I expect a good training camp from Padgett) he could even challenge Scanlon for the nickel back job right away. More likely, though, he will be our #4 CB option in an increasingly crowded secondary. But we will certainly keep him active, under the tutelage of Henry Birkland, our position leader and CB mentor.

So, as I contemplate the secondary, I think I see the depth chart looking more or less like this now:

Code:
CORNERBACK Yr BnR Int RunD Diag PHit Contract Status John Raab 12 77/88 16/30 59 43 68 Fairly cheap this year and next Ferdy Nave 8 67/74 69/73 86 0 40 Big hike next year – reneg tough Billy Joe Scanlon 2 49/72 44/62 11 39 39 Three years, bonus guarantees stick Herman Padgett R 59/83 30/39 24 8 61 Three cheap years Henry Birkland 11 30/38 38/40 12 70 0 Three cheap years SAFETY Yr BnR Int RunD Diag PHit Contract Status David Plata 12 61/68 67/70 52 56 92 Three reasonable years, big bonus Mark Carr 10 92/92 44/44 39 81 61 Four reasonable years Chappy Kettler 8 50/52 62/63 22 58 39 Three cheap years Jeff McCartney R 38/63 56/86 2 2 36 One year, RFA after that Brad Pope 14 56/56 54/64 50 19 31 Two cheap years then small bump

Candidly, there is now position group that is more “set” than our secondary. We have eight or nine guys who are all signed affordably through the next two or three seasons, we are comfortable with our starters and depth there, and we have solid team chemistry at the position with several affinities and no conflicts reported.

Our biggest issue will be experience versus youth. If we are simply playing for right now, we field a starting lineup of Raab-Nave and Plata-Carr, pretty simple. We put Scanlon into the nickelback role, and use Kettler as our top reserve safety. However, that means that guys like Scanlon, Padgett, and McCartney will basically go the season without much experience at all, and therefore won’t develop much. That is essentially our plan for this season, but it’s not inconceivable that we, at some point, decide that the young players need to get some playing time – but that is the toughest issue we have here. We have mentors at both positions, so keeping everyone active is a challenge – right now, my plan is probably to have at least nine, and maybe even eleven, players active from our secondary. That’s getting downright absurd – and certainly puts stress on other position groups (notably WR and maybe the D7).
Old 09-07-2005, 08:45 AM   #132
QuikSand
lolzcat

Late Free Agency, continued, and other musings

We have picked up a few more late free agent rookies – nothing too earth-shattering, but a few guys to fill in (or try to). My current guess is that we will end up carrying two rookie offensive linemen this season, along with the stable of veterans we have on board already. Veterans who already have their slots locked up include: Centers Houtz and Wallace (both likely starters, Wallace perhaps at LG), Guards Cid and Shaffer, Tackles Gourdine, Tilton, and Boyd. The only soft spot there is Shaffer, who looks good by the ratings but did not really stand out last season for us (and does not have an affinity either).

At the moment, rookie center Winston Turnbull made a nice first impression, but he is a run-blocker first and foremost, making him an imperfect fit for our system, all told. He also does not contribute any chemistry bonus, so his short-term value is probably minimal to us – if he has a good camp, he might make a nice trade bait for a modest future pick. LG Marvin Brandon also made a good first impression (his scouted potential jumped 7 points once we signed him) and since we are likely to only have two veteran guards, he might well end up with a spot for us as a reserve pass blocking lineman. I would always love to see a solid rookie tackle, but none have come our way thus far, and the remaining guys we seek are interior linemen, also. Th final stages may add one or two names to the queue here – perhaps another option is to go with only eight linemen for this season, the bare minimum. We can IR-and-replace as need be from the waiver wire.

In other news, we have worked out a new, pretty affordable three year contract extension with 10th year QB Bobby Chesley. He, now, will most definitely make the team. The question remains, though, what our QB heirarchy might look like. Hilton Boner’s stock has very rapidly fallen – and he is in real peril of simply being gone by the start of the year. Chesley right now looks like a better bet if we wanted to go with a veteran starter, and Harry Ross looks like a legitimate challenger for playing time right away – and after an uptick in our minicamps, my scout thinks he might actually be the guy we ought to go with for right now.

Plus, we like rookie Ernest Biddle enough to be pretty sure he will also make the team. Carrying four QBs is stress enough on the roster (same problem I discussed earlier with our depth at DB) and something has got to give. I have posted a futile “trade block” more or less offering up any of our guys, but I exect that we will either end up carrying four QBs, or else sending Hilton Boner packing a year ahead of schedule.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:35 AM   #133
QuikSand
lolzcat

Late Free Agency continues…

In stages 5 and 6 of free agency, there were two final players that I really wanted to land – and had gotten into a bit of a silly bidding war over. Since I have cap space for this year (and under any scenario will continue to), I felt comfortable spending cash this season to try to lock up players on one year deals – who would then become restricted free agents for next season, allowing us to re-sign them without competition.

And so, my fattened one-year offers both work out, and we land two new rookie additions:

TE Vincent Tyler really doesn’t look all that special, but for us, he will be an affinity guy once he is moved over to play fullback. I suspect his skill set will actually be better suited for FB than for TE, actually, so I’m fairly optimistic that he can be a productive player for us. Yes, it’s one more potential body in the mix at the RB/FB group – but I think Tyler might end up being a useful reserve for us, and thinking past old-timer Chadwick Morimasa, he could end up actually getting some on-field time for us down the road if he sticks. If not, he ends up being a one-year cap dent, which is basically ofno consequence to us. Seven other teams had offers in for Tyler – so it’s clear he has some basic skills. We’ll see how he pans out, but I’m optimistic.

On our initial switch from TE to FB, the scout suggests he will translate at an increase – so that sounds great. My scout’s rating (before being processed by the MP engine, which makes things pretty unpredictable) adjusts from 16/48 to 8/32, though, as he is quickly revealed to have practically no actual rushing skills – virtual voids in power rushing ro third down rishing, and also in hole recognition. So – Tyler as a fullback suddenly looks, well, like a tight end (he still can block and catch passes). This makes a real quandary for us here – a player I like, he only gives us an affinity bonus if we move him to FB, but he is pretty clearly a lesser player at FB than at TE. I think I will back off the position switch, and perhaps see if we can get a good training camp out of him at TE.

G Gus Schmit is a young lineman who is the absolutely ideal URFA target for us – he plays a position where I wasn’t sure whether we had enough players to fill in to begin with, has a natural affinity with position leader John Houtz (and a strong enough personality for it to already register), he has the right sort of skills for our offense (skewed a bit toward pass blocking) and registers a pretty solid potential skills rating (my scout currentl rates him at 19/46). Add in the bonus that my scout likes him even more upon his signing (bumping his potential rating by two points with the closer look) and I am now expecting Schmit to make the team this year, even amongst the gaggle of youngsters we have signed in this area.

So, at the moment, we have 66 signed players. Nobody on our roster still unsigned is likely to get a new contract offer, and we have nobody left among the free agent universe that we plan to pursue – so it looks like this is the group that we will head into training camp with.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:00 AM   #134
QuikSand
lolzcat

Pre-Camp Free Agency Update

Despite my pledge that we were “done,” we did grab one more player to bring into training camp. LB Lewis Wiseman is a 5th year guy, our scout rates him as a modest 29/37, and he has only a little playing time experience, mostly last year with Seal Beach, who declined to re-sign him even at minimum salary. What we like is that he is passable in the key things we value – 48/60 in stopping the run, 32/38 in bump coverage, and some ability for special teams. He steps in to compete with a guy like Blake Rice for a backup ILB job – Rice probably has better skills, but Wiseman is an affinity guy for us, and in a backup role, that might matter enough to register on the scales. That probably makes our battles at LB a group of nine guys fighting for seven jobs (maybe eight).

No monumental addition – just a new face to note for the record. He’s on a three year minsal contract with no bonus, so there is no risk for us, and potentially this is a guy we hold onto for a while as a decent, cheap, and positive reserve LB.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:11 AM   #135
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sixty-Player Cutdown Costs Veteran Jobs

Though not surprising, the Chili Dogs list of releases to get down to the 60-player limit for the exhibition season resulted in a few veteran players seeing their final time in a Chili Dog uniform.

S Les Hornick played both cornerback and safety for the Dogs over his five seasons with the team, having been a pick in round 16 of the initial dispersal draft. The 15th year player figured to serve in only a reserve role this season, and became a post-training camp casualty as the team saw a future in players like S Jeff McCartney and CB Herman Padgett. CB Howard Kindred was another casualty from the secondary – a former first round pick, his skills were not well-suited to the team’s new coverage scheme, and he too figured to be only a reserve contributor. Both players are likely to find a chance elsewhere, we expect.

DT William Brown had been a solid reserve lineman playing from the DT position, but was beaten out in camp by new free agent signee Miles Kershner, who will presumably assume the role of run-stopping defensive line reserve.

Among our other cuts were unproven wide receivers Mickey Glover and Riddick Miller, leaving two rookies Dave Worcester and Dennis Rankin competing for presumably the final slot at the position. C Winston Nordstrom and LB Leslie Williamson round out the initial release list.

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-12-2005 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:11 AM   #136
QuikSand
lolzcat

Preseason Opener

Through a glitch of some sort in my lineup (beats me) we end up seeing our cuts implemented properly, but our active/inactive roster got completely reshuffled contrary to my wishes. We come out of our opener with one major injury – CB Billy Joe Scanlon has suffered a dislocated elbow, and is slated to miss 8 weeks. This will be tough – keeping him active ought to help his development, but putting him onto IR saves one player we’d otherwise have to cut. I expect we will keep him active (or at least on the roster), and get him back when he’s healthy.

We do, however, have a case of the flu going around – and what better time for that could there possibly be? DT Damon Flowers is the only guy who will probably find this as a ticket for the injured reserve list, however. He’s an affinity guy who probably wasn’t going to make the team anyway – now he gets to spend the season with us after all – not too bad.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:12 AM   #137
QuikSand
lolzcat

Trade for de los Santos Up In the Air

Our draft day trade for RB Ralph de los Santos is apparently up in the air, with mixed messages coming from the league administration. Since he remained unsigned and missed his opportunity for initial development in training camp, Chesapeake petitioned to rescind the trade.

As of the latest update, de los Santos has appeared on the Chesapeake roster (and even rushed for a touchdown in the preseason opener) – but the situation has not yet been fully resolved. Stay tuned.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #138
QuikSand
lolzcat

De los Santos Trade Rescinded

Not monumental news, after all, but the trade for RB Ralph de los Santos has been waived, after the sending team failed to sign him in time for training camp, thereby depriving him of his first development opportunity. My best guess is that de los Santos would have been a contender for some carries, but that he was not a clear-cut starter for our team anyway, so the multiple picks return home and we marshall onward without him.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:45 PM   #139
QuikSand
lolzcat

Preseason Notes

Not much to note here – undrafted rookie QB Ernest Biddle looked pretty sharp for us in our game against Annawan, a 14-12 win. I put the appropriate stock in preseason results, which is just next to none.

RB Lewis Lee also got hurt in this game, which raises the possibility of him hitting IR for the season. We may end up finding him that spot, as it’s looking increasingly likely that he won’t make this team.

Not much to report, yet again…
Old 09-18-2005, 12:33 PM   #140
QuikSand
lolzcat

Preseason Complete

We have to make our final cut-downs now – to get to 53 (plus the four we already have on injured reserve). So, the final four casualties are:

RB David Smith – decent guy, but not in our long term plans. This leaves us with only four backs on the roster – RBs Courtney Criswell and Floyd Fraser, and FBs Chadwick Morimasa and Charles Emerson. That’s fine – but if we end up with injuries, we will have to go fishing. We expect to see Criswell and Morimasa splitting the bulk of the carries for the offense.

TE Vincent Tyler – we piad him a $630,000 bonus, but he simply isn’t going to pan out for us, as he can’t unseat Clay Lannon for our reserve TE job, and he didn’t pan out in a possible switch to FB, which was my real motivation with him to begin with.

DE Edgar Welch – A guy I like, but just can’t keep him as a fifth non-affinity DE.

S Brad Pope – Another guy who was a pretty good fit here, but we just can’t see him playing a lot this year, and he’s 14th year guy – need to make room for some of the younger players, notably undrtafted rookie Jeff McCartney, whom we like a good deal.

This means we are carrying six wide receivers, to my surprise. Both rookies Dave Worcester and Dennis Rankin make the team, and ought to help out in the return game at least.

That gets us ready for our opener – we will be sending out Hilton Boner as our starting quarterback, with Harry Ross as the #2 option. I have three guys I can play here, which is a blessing and a curse. We won’t have a quick hook with Boner, but at some point we could see any of these guys starting games.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:04 AM   #141
QuikSand
lolzcat

2008 Season – Week 1

We open our season with a mathup against last year’s division runners-up, Dodge City. They have been a run-first team for a while, but had a fairly active offseason that indicated they might be looking for more balance. I declined to go with an all-out run-stopping defensive approach – thinking that the Vigilantes might be looking to become tougher to gameplan against.

For our Chili Dogs, this is a big early season matchup – about as big as it could be. Dodge City has traditionaly been our top division rival, and if we can’t beat tem at home, it spells bad things for our season ahead. QB Hilton Boner takes the field as our starter, as we look to get off on the good foot here.

Code:
Box Score: Dodge City at Chesapeake Chesapeake, PA. Week 1, 2008 Attendance: 62,700 (65,700). Weather: 85 degrees, rain. 1Q: 01:28 CHE - David Everhart 34 field goal. 2Q: 00:06 CHE - Courtney Criswell 35 run. 2Q: 00:06 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 3Q: 13:19 DGC - Robert Roger 5 run. 3Q: 13:19 DGC - Oscar Forrester extra point. 3Q: 07:09 CHE - David Everhart 22 field goal. 3Q: 01:01 CHE - David Everhart 53 field goal. 4Q: 06:52 DGC - Oscar Forrester 55 field goal. 4Q: 02:05 CHE - Marcus Meneses 32 pass from Hilton Boner. 4Q: 02:05 CHE - Chadwick Morimasa run for conversion failed. Game MVP: CHE 7 Hilton Boner Dodge City 0 0 7 3 - 10 Chesapeake 3 7 6 6 - 22 Team Statistics DGC CHE First Downs 14 20 Total Rushes 33 27 Rushing Yards 136 104 Yards Per Carry 4.1 3.8 Pass Attempts 19 41 Completions 8 26 Passing Yards 136 253 Yards Per Attempt 7.1 6.1 Sacked 1 1 Yards Lost 5 5 Interceptions 2 1 Fumbles/Lost 1/0 1/1 Total Plays 53 69 Total Yards 267 352 Yards Per Play 5.0 5.1 3rd Down Plays 4/12 10/17 Avg. YTG on 3rd 6.6 7.4 4th Down Plays 1/1 0/0 Penalties 5 3 Penalty Yards 43 15 Avg. Drive Start OWN 25 OWN 34 Time Of Possession 26:49 33:11 Dodge City Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 36 Roger 24 115 4.7 32 1 25 Lombardo 9 21 2.3 5 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 14 Ackerman 19 8 136 7.1 29 0 2 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 85 Cook 3 68 22.6 6 29 0 36 Roger 2 23 11.5 10 15 0 81 Floyd 1 14 14.0 0 14 0 15 Cousin 1 16 16.0 0 16 0 19 Vonderfecht 1 15 15.0 2 15 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 89 Guthrie 1 5 5.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 49 Ziskind 3 56 18.6 0 85 Cook 1 19 19.0 0 89 Guthrie 1 20 20.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 16 Salcines 4 171 42.7 49 0 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 11 Forrester 1 3 55 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 38 Spencer 10 2 0.0 0 0 0 92 Mincy 9 2 0.0 0 0 0 50 Bryant 8 2 0.0 0 0 0 52 Graul 6 5 0.0 0 0 0 44 Allgood 4 2 0.0 1 8 0 99 Walker 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 47 Solberg 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Studebaker 2 0 1.0 0 0 0 76 Burgess 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 97 Linquist 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 29 Suarez 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 34 Leibert 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 20 Morris 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 85 Cook 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 40 Threlkeld 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 81 Floyd 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 78 Daniels 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 19 Vonderfecht 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 79 Robinson 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 94 Wetherbee 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 55 Knight 0 0 0 0 3 1 67 Hullinger 0 0 1 0 4 0 74 Chelius 0 0 0 0 4 0 25 Lombardo 1 0 0 0 0 0 34 Leibert 0 0 1 0 0 0 63 Salazar 0 0 0 0 1 0 92 Mincy 0 1 0 0 0 0 Chesapeake Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 24 Criswell 15 66 4.4 35 1 41 Morimasa 9 34 3.7 11 0 7 Boner 1 1 1.0 1 0 81 Berkey 1 6 6.0 6 0 42 Emerson 1 -3 -3.0 -3 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 7 Boner 41 26 253 6.1 32 1 1 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 41 Morimasa 7 27 3.8 7 6 0 88 Rego 5 61 12.2 21 15 0 87 Meneses 5 73 14.6 5 32 1 80 Castellano 4 36 9.0 6 14 0 81 Berkey 3 29 9.6 2 18 0 85 Worcester 2 27 13.5 2 15 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 85 Worcester 2 8 4.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 27 Rankin 1 19 19.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 6 Embry 4 156 39.0 45 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 19 Everhart 3 3 53 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 93 Bradham 9 2 1.0 0 0 0 40 Plata 6 3 0.0 0 0 0 39 Raab 4 3 0.0 0 0 0 92 Buxton 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 98 Hall 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 58 Galvan 3 1 0.0 2 0 0 56 Kuykendall 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 31 Padgett 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 36 Carr 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 95 Watkins 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 27 Rankin 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 34 Nave 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 72 Kershner 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 41 Morimasa 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 52 Houtz 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Birkland 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 21 McCartney 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 62 Gourdine 0 0 0 0 1 1 88 Rego 0 0 0 0 2 0 79 Tilton 0 0 0 0 2 0 77 Shaffer 0 0 0 0 1 0 58 Galvan 0 1 0 0 0 0 24 Criswell 1 0 0 0 0 0 70 Boyd 0 0 0 0 1 0 66 Schmit 0 0 0 0 1 0 Dodge City Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 5:06 OWN 30 7 32 Missed FG 1 8:10 1:45 OWN 5 3 10 Interception 1 1:28 6:08 OWN 20 12 59 Missed FG 2 5:25 1:43 OWN 7 3 5 Punt 2 2:14 1:42 OWN 11 3 6 Punt 3 14:33 1:14 OPP 7 3 7 Touchdown 3 7:09 2:35 OWN 20 3 7 Punt 3 1:01 1:49 OWN 21 3 9 Punt 4 13:01 0:12 OWN 37 1 0 Interception 4 10:20 3:28 OWN 8 7 54 Field Goal 4 2:05 2:05 OWN 27 8 50 Game Chesapeake Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 9:54 1:44 OWN 45 3 5 Punt 1 6:25 4:57 OPP 48 11 31 Field Goal 2 10:20 4:55 OWN 28 9 28 Punt 2 3:42 1:28 OWN 48 3 16 Interception 2 0:32 0:26 OWN 46 3 54 Touchdown 3 15:00 0:27 OWN 14 1 6 Fumble 3 13:19 6:10 OWN 33 9 62 Field Goal 3 4:34 3:33 OWN 31 8 33 Field Goal 4 14:12 1:11 OWN 26 3 3 Punt 4 12:49 2:29 OWN 33 6 24 Punt 4 6:52 4:47 OWN 20 13 80 Touchdown Dodge City Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 Chesapeake Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 2 0 2 Dodge City Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 67 9.5 Middle 17 44 2.5 Right 9 25 2.7 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 74 Chelius 4 10 33 67 Hullinger 4 6 30 55 Knight 3 7 33 63 Salazar 1 6 33 56 Reed 0 3 33 88 Forbes 0 1 30 19 Vonderfecht 0 0 29 36 Roger 0 0 27 15 Cousin 0 0 16 77 Carter 0 0 3 Dodge City Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 1 1 8 8.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 1 0 0 0.0 Medium (9-18 Yds) 7 5 78 11.1 Long (19+ Yds) 9 2 50 5.5 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 14 Ackerman 19 8 1 1 3 0 3 2 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 85 Cook 8 3 1 68 18 19 Vonderfecht 3 1 0 15 10 36 Roger 2 2 0 23 18 81 Floyd 2 1 0 14 4 15 Cousin 1 1 0 16 11 89 Guthrie 1 0 0 0 13 87 Poole 1 0 0 0 9 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 55 Knight 1 20 74 Chelius 0 20 63 Salazar 0 20 56 Reed 0 20 36 Roger 0 18 67 Hullinger 0 15 88 Forbes 0 15 77 Carter 0 5 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 93 Studebaker 1.0 0 0 35 76 Burgess 0.0 0 2 42 52 Graul 0.0 0 1 38 92 Mincy 0.0 0 0 41 38 Spencer 0.0 0 0 41 50 Bryant 0.0 0 0 40 44 Allgood 0.0 0 0 39 20 Morris 0.0 0 0 34 34 Leibert 0.0 0 0 33 78 Daniels 0.0 0 0 24 94 Wetherbee 0.0 0 0 24 97 Linquist 0.0 0 0 18 99 Walker 0.0 0 0 16 47 Solberg 0.0 0 0 14 29 Suarez 0.0 0 0 9 79 Robinson 0.0 0 0 9 40 Threlkeld 0.0 0 0 3 96 Pinette 0.0 0 0 1 58 Barrera 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 50 Bryant 5 3 0 40 92 Mincy 5 0 0 41 38 Spencer 3 1 0 41 44 Allgood 2 1 1 39 34 Leibert 2 1 0 33 52 Graul 2 0 0 38 99 Walker 2 0 0 16 93 Studebaker 1 0 0 35 47 Solberg 1 0 0 14 29 Suarez 1 0 0 9 79 Robinson 1 0 0 9 40 Threlkeld 1 0 0 3 20 Morris 0 1 0 34 97 Linquist 0 1 0 18 76 Burgess 0 0 0 42 78 Daniels 0 0 0 24 94 Wetherbee 0 0 0 24 96 Pinette 0 0 0 1 58 Barrera 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 38 Spencer 10 2 26 41 92 Mincy 9 2 27 41 50 Bryant 8 2 25 40 52 Graul 6 5 23 38 44 Allgood 4 2 23 39 99 Walker 3 1 14 16 47 Solberg 3 0 12 14 76 Burgess 2 1 27 42 93 Studebaker 2 0 24 35 97 Linquist 1 2 19 18 20 Morris 1 1 27 34 34 Leibert 1 1 21 33 29 Suarez 1 1 1 9 78 Daniels 1 0 8 24 79 Robinson 1 0 7 9 40 Threlkeld 1 0 2 3 94 Wetherbee 0 1 9 24 58 Barrera 0 0 2 1 96 Pinette 0 0 0 1 Chesapeake Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 9 1.2 Middle 11 67 6.0 Right 9 28 3.1 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 79 Tilton 2 4 27 88 Rego 2 4 23 62 Gourdine 1 7 25 66 Schmit 1 2 12 77 Shaffer 1 1 16 70 Boyd 1 1 9 55 Wallace 0 3 25 52 Houtz 0 3 19 42 Emerson 0 1 16 41 Morimasa 0 0 11 60 Brandon 0 0 2 82 Lannon 0 0 1 Chesapeake Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 6 3 6 1.0 Short (0-8 Yds) 16 13 91 5.6 Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 9 124 9.5 Long (19+ Yds) 6 1 32 5.3 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 7 Boner 41 26 1 2 8 0 3 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 41 Morimasa 11 7 0 27 25 87 Meneses 8 5 1 73 30 88 Rego 6 5 0 61 29 80 Castellano 6 4 0 36 27 81 Berkey 5 3 0 29 22 85 Worcester 4 2 1 27 22 83 Newbury 1 0 0 0 6 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 79 Tilton 0 42 55 Wallace 0 41 62 Gourdine 1 37 52 Houtz 0 29 42 Emerson 0 26 41 Morimasa 0 25 66 Schmit 0 22 77 Shaffer 0 21 70 Boyd 0 17 60 Brandon 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 93 Bradham 1.0 0 1 15 92 Buxton 0.0 0 1 20 95 Watkins 0.0 0 1 11 98 Hall 0.0 0 0 20 39 Raab 0.0 0 0 20 40 Plata 0.0 0 0 20 58 Galvan 0.0 0 0 18 34 Nave 0.0 0 0 18 36 Carr 0.0 0 0 18 56 Kuykendall 0.0 0 0 18 96 Santos 0.0 0 0 14 31 Padgett 0.0 0 0 11 72 Kershner 0.0 0 0 8 91 Harrold 0.0 0 0 5 26 Birkland 0.0 0 0 4 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 39 Raab 2 0 0 20 40 Plata 2 0 0 20 34 Nave 1 1 0 18 56 Kuykendall 1 1 0 18 36 Carr 1 0 0 18 31 Padgett 1 0 0 11 26 Birkland 0 1 0 4 58 Galvan 0 0 2 18 98 Hall 0 0 0 20 92 Buxton 0 0 0 20 93 Bradham 0 0 0 15 96 Santos 0 0 0 14 95 Watkins 0 0 0 11 72 Kershner 0 0 0 8 91 Harrold 0 0 0 5 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 93 Bradham 9 2 31 15 40 Plata 6 3 33 20 39 Raab 4 3 32 20 92 Buxton 4 2 33 20 98 Hall 4 0 33 20 56 Kuykendall 3 2 33 18 31 Padgett 3 2 9 11 58 Galvan 3 1 31 18 36 Carr 3 1 29 18 95 Watkins 2 1 31 11 34 Nave 1 2 30 18 72 Kershner 1 1 27 8 26 Birkland 1 0 1 4 21 McCartney 1 0 0 0 96 Santos 0 0 6 14 91 Harrold 0 0 4 5

Well, the Vigilantes did indeed stick with a run-first and run-most game plan for this game, but we managed to keep them in check anyway. The defense gets high marks here for holding up very nicely, and that really made the difference. Boner was okay for the day, doing a lot of underneath work to the backs and tight end, but our run game was pretty effective behind an offensive line that gave us 8 key run blocks, unusually high for us.

No complaints here – a solid win against a serious rival, that’s the way to start off the new season.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:20 AM   #142
wade moore
lolzcat

Nice job!

Not the prettiest of games, but a win is a win...

Boner was a bit scary though.. worried he could blow a few games...

Quote:
Old 09-21-2005, 08:43 AM   #143
QuikSand
lolzcat

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid

We have known all along that the offensive line was not going to be a strong suit with this team. We didn’t draft much quality there to begin with, and despite using two late first rond picks on offensive tackles, we are still below average in terms of overall talent on the line. It’s a trade-off.

Our initial setup for the season saw veteran C John Houtz, displaced from his starting role by the addition of an even better veteran C Richard Wallace last season, as our starter at one of the guard positions. However, we have seen a change or two affect the roster since then.

G Joseph Shaffer, last year’s starter at RG, was our opening day starter as well, but has been felled with a serious, probably career-threatening, injury. Also, C John Houtz has been sidelined by an injury, and will be out a few weeks himself. Suddenly, our interior line is in shambles.

Reserve tackle Lenny Boysd is the first obvious candidate for duty – a decent pass blocker and mediocre run blocker, he ought to be okay, and will appreciate the time on field. As for the other open slot – we will head to our list of rookies. Undrafted rookie free agents, even.

G Gus Schmit was an affinity pickup for us, and he made some gains in training camp – so he may be a guy with some future. My scout currently rates him as 24/50 overall – so in the immediate sense, this is not a guy we’re thrilled about sending out to start. But the opportuniy ought to serve him well in his development, and we are practically out of good options anyway. 13th year G James Cid is only rated 36/36, and just barely edges oud Schmit in skill for today – not to mention potential for growth. So, we expect to send out Gus Schmit in week two of the regular season, and we’ll hope that he can hold the fort for us on the inside.

Another rookie guard, Marvin Brandon, will end up playing the role as our top reserve offensive lineman. He, too, has some potential – but right now is behind Schmit in my eyes.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:37 AM   #144
QuikSand
lolzcat

Week 2: Shreveport at Chesapeake

We host Shreveport, managed by FishFan, who scampered away with the Chesapeake playbook last season dugin his time as caretaker, and then stabbed me in the back by snagging the free agent linebacker who would have made my offseason complete. Now, we must make him pay.

Shreveport is a solid team, with a good starting QB in Paul Jennings and a nice rookei receiver for him to throw to. Solid personnel all around – essentially a better team than we are on paper. Roster rating edge of 73-57. They are favored by one point at our place, despite losing their opener.

Code:
Box Score: Shreveport at Chesapeake Chesapeake, PA. Week 2, 2008 Attendance: 62,700 (65,700). Weather: 56 degrees, rain. 1Q: 05:54 CHE - Marcus Meneses 33 pass from Hilton Boner. 1Q: 05:54 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 3Q: 04:29 CHE - Jimmy Castellano 3 pass from Hilton Boner. 3Q: 04:29 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 4Q: 14:11 SHR - Kendall Hastings 6 pass from Paul Jennings. 4Q: 14:11 SHR - Albert Clemons extra point. 4Q: 12:56 SHR - Albert Clemons 38 field goal. Game MVP: CHE 7 Hilton Boner Shreveport 0 0 0 10 - 10 Chesapeake 7 0 7 0 - 14 Team Statistics SHR CHE First Downs 11 25 Total Rushes 25 23 Rushing Yards 92 76 Yards Per Carry 3.6 3.3 Pass Attempts 34 45 Completions 13 28 Passing Yards 106 326 Yards Per Attempt 3.1 7.2 Sacked 1 3 Yards Lost 16 20 Interceptions 1 3 Fumbles/Lost 1/0 1/0 Total Plays 60 71 Total Yards 182 382 Yards Per Play 3.0 5.3 3rd Down Plays 7/17 7/14 Avg. YTG on 3rd 8.4 7.9 4th Down Plays 0/1 0/0 Penalties 7 3 Penalty Yards 59 25 Avg. Drive Start OWN 30 OWN 27 Time Of Possession 26:50 33:10 Shreveport Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 34 Hickman 15 48 3.2 10 0 24 Birk 6 15 2.5 5 0 5 Jennings 3 21 7.0 8 0 83 Gilroy 1 8 8.0 8 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 5 Jennings 34 13 106 3.1 33 1 1 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 83 Gilroy 3 49 16.3 3 33 0 84 Craig 2 14 7.0 0 8 0 48 Hastings 2 9 4.5 1 6 1 87 Federspiel 2 22 11.0 0 12 0 34 Hickman 1 -3 -3.0 0 -3 0 47 Kirk 1 2 2.0 0 2 0 1 Henderson 1 7 7.0 0 7 0 88 Hassett 1 6 6.0 0 6 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 34 Hickman 1 12 12.0 0 36 Reeves 1 12 12.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 12 Earhart 8 319 39.8 48 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 9 Clemons 1 1 38 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 55 Loftin 8 4 0.0 1 2 0 56 Wild 6 3 0.0 0 0 0 96 Brunelle 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 22 Preston 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 38 Marco 5 2 0.0 0 0 0 29 Duran 4 4 0.0 0 0 0 35 Sandiford 4 1 0.0 1 0 0 97 Garris 3 0 1.5 0 0 0 98 Embry 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 76 Thomason 2 1 1.5 0 0 0 91 Lindberg 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 77 Collis 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 99 Dromeshauser 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 1 Henderson 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 46 Strickland 0 1 0.0 1 7 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 63 Hummel 0 0 0 0 2 0 75 Gillman 0 0 0 0 0 1 5 Jennings 1 0 0 0 0 0 54 Moreau 0 0 0 0 1 0 66 Bohm 0 0 1 0 0 0 74 Mason 0 0 0 0 1 0 47 Kirk 0 0 0 0 1 0 98 Embry 0 1 0 0 0 0 Chesapeake Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 24 Criswell 14 30 2.1 9 0 41 Morimasa 7 45 6.4 17 0 7 Boner 1 -2 -2.0 -2 0 42 Emerson 1 3 3.0 3 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 7 Boner 45 28 326 7.2 33 2 3 3 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 88 Rego 7 46 6.5 30 12 0 81 Berkey 6 83 13.8 10 24 0 87 Meneses 5 105 21.0 11 33 1 80 Castellano 4 36 9.0 12 17 1 41 Morimasa 2 16 8.0 13 12 0 83 Newbury 2 22 11.0 0 11 0 24 Criswell 1 5 5.0 3 5 0 42 Emerson 1 13 13.0 16 13 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 6 Embry 6 212 35.3 46 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 19 Everhart 0 1 0 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 40 Plata 6 4 0.0 1 2 0 34 Nave 6 2 0.0 0 0 0 93 Bradham 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 36 Carr 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 56 Kuykendall 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 58 Galvan 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 39 Raab 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 98 Hall 2 1 1.0 0 0 0 95 Watkins 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 31 Padgett 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 41 Morimasa 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 80 Castellano 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 72 Kershner 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 92 Buxton 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Birkland 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Dennis 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 84 Madison 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 54 Turnbull 0 0 0 0 0 1 66 Schmit 0 0 0 0 0 1 62 Gourdine 0 0 0 0 3 0 79 Tilton 0 0 0 0 2 0 55 Wallace 0 0 0 0 0 1 87 Meneses 0 0 1 0 0 0 98 Hall 0 1 0 0 0 0 24 Criswell 1 0 0 0 0 0 42 Emerson 0 0 0 0 1 0 70 Boyd 0 0 0 0 1 0 Shreveport Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 3:39 OWN 22 6 5 Punt 1 8:09 0:55 OWN 18 3 8 Punt 1 5:54 4:47 OWN 28 9 27 Punt 2 14:10 1:55 OWN 47 3 -11 Punt 2 10:13 1:40 OWN 21 3 7 Punt 2 4:57 2:17 OWN 18 5 20 Punt 2 0:16 0:16 OWN 37 1 -16 Half 3 9:59 1:59 OWN 34 5 8 Punt 3 4:29 5:18 OWN 20 11 80 Touchdown 4 14:03 1:07 OPP 29 3 8 Field Goal 4 8:46 0:12 OWN 30 1 0 Interception 4 5:22 0:57 OWN 20 3 1 Punt 4 3:55 2:21 OWN 28 7 15 Downs Chesapeake Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 11:21 3:12 OWN 25 7 33 Punt 1 7:14 1:20 OWN 31 4 69 Touchdown 1 1:07 1:57 OWN 7 5 11 Punt 2 12:15 2:02 OWN 22 3 -1 Punt 2 8:33 3:36 OWN 27 8 40 Interception 2 2:40 2:24 OWN 25 6 6 Punt 3 15:00 5:01 OWN 10 10 63 Missed FG 3 8:00 3:31 OWN 25 7 75 Touchdown 4 14:11 0:08 OWN 20 1 0 Interception 4 12:56 4:10 OWN 20 7 53 Interception 4 8:34 3:12 OWN 42 5 12 Punt 4 4:25 0:30 OWN 42 3 0 Punt 4 1:34 1:34 OPP 43 5 21 Game Shreveport Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 Chesapeake Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 Shreveport Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 8 30 3.7 Middle 9 43 4.7 Right 8 19 2.3 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 63 Hummel 2 5 25 54 Moreau 1 4 25 74 Mason 1 3 25 47 Kirk 1 3 6 66 Bohm 0 4 25 75 Gillman 0 1 25 48 Hastings 0 1 10 1 Henderson 0 0 15 88 Hassett 0 1 5 89 Lawhorn 0 0 2 Shreveport Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 4 2 -1 -0.2 Short (0-8 Yds) 9 7 40 4.4 Medium (9-18 Yds) 10 3 34 3.4 Long (19+ Yds) 11 1 33 3.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 5 Jennings 34 13 0 1 9 2 8 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 84 Craig 11 2 0 14 29 83 Gilroy 8 3 0 49 26 80 Barton 3 0 0 0 22 48 Hastings 3 2 1 9 19 1 Henderson 3 1 0 7 22 47 Kirk 2 1 0 2 2 87 Federspiel 2 2 0 22 13 34 Hickman 1 1 0 -3 21 88 Hassett 1 1 0 6 10 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 54 Moreau 0 35 66 Bohm 0 35 75 Gillman 1 35 74 Mason 0 35 63 Hummel 0 35 48 Hastings 0 19 47 Kirk 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 76 Thomason 1.5 0 1 44 97 Garris 1.5 0 1 23 98 Embry 0.0 0 1 48 77 Collis 0.0 0 1 45 38 Marco 0.0 0 0 48 29 Duran 0.0 0 0 48 22 Preston 0.0 0 0 47 96 Brunelle 0.0 0 0 44 55 Loftin 0.0 0 0 44 56 Wild 0.0 0 1 34 35 Sandiford 0.0 0 0 44 91 Lindberg 0.0 0 0 28 46 Strickland 0.0 0 0 16 99 Dromeshauser 0.0 0 0 8 27 Purcell 0.0 0 0 6 21 Torres 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 55 Loftin 5 0 1 44 22 Preston 5 0 0 47 96 Brunelle 4 0 0 44 38 Marco 3 2 0 48 29 Duran 3 1 0 48 56 Wild 3 0 0 34 35 Sandiford 2 1 1 44 98 Embry 1 0 0 48 91 Lindberg 1 0 0 28 99 Dromeshauser 1 0 0 8 77 Collis 0 0 0 45 76 Thomason 0 0 0 44 46 Strickland 0 0 1 16 97 Garris 0 0 0 23 27 Purcell 0 0 0 6 21 Torres 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 55 Loftin 8 4 22 44 56 Wild 6 3 21 34 22 Preston 6 1 22 47 96 Brunelle 6 1 23 44 38 Marco 5 2 23 48 29 Duran 4 4 23 48 35 Sandiford 4 1 21 44 98 Embry 3 2 23 48 97 Garris 3 0 11 23 76 Thomason 2 1 19 44 91 Lindberg 2 1 15 28 77 Collis 1 2 20 45 99 Dromeshauser 1 1 4 8 46 Strickland 0 1 5 16 27 Purcell 0 0 1 6 21 Torres 0 0 0 1 Chesapeake Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 6 27 4.5 Middle 13 42 3.2 Right 3 9 3.0 None 1 -2 -2.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 62 Gourdine 3 7 23 79 Tilton 2 4 23 42 Emerson 1 3 15 70 Boyd 1 2 23 55 Wallace 0 3 23 66 Schmit 0 2 23 88 Rego 0 1 19 41 Morimasa 0 0 9 82 Lannon 0 0 1 Chesapeake Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 7 4 30 4.2 Short (0-8 Yds) 17 12 83 4.8 Medium (9-18 Yds) 17 10 156 9.1 Long (19+ Yds) 4 2 57 14.2 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 7 Boner 45 28 2 3 4 0 5 3 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 88 Rego 12 7 2 46 38 87 Meneses 8 5 1 105 30 81 Berkey 7 6 0 83 29 80 Castellano 7 4 0 36 32 41 Morimasa 6 2 0 16 29 83 Newbury 2 2 0 22 19 24 Criswell 1 1 0 5 21 42 Emerson 1 1 0 13 32 84 Madison 1 0 0 0 7 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 62 Gourdine 0 48 79 Tilton 0 48 70 Boyd 0 48 66 Schmit 1 48 55 Wallace 1 46 42 Emerson 0 32 41 Morimasa 0 29 54 Turnbull 1 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 98 Hall 1.0 0 2 35 93 Bradham 0.0 1 4 29 72 Kershner 0.0 1 0 23 92 Buxton 0.0 0 1 34 39 Raab 0.0 0 0 35 40 Plata 0.0 0 0 35 34 Nave 0.0 0 0 32 56 Kuykendall 0.0 0 0 32 58 Galvan 0.0 0 0 31 36 Carr 0.0 0 0 31 96 Santos 0.0 0 1 14 95 Watkins 0.0 0 0 23 31 Padgett 0.0 0 0 15 91 Harrold 0.0 0 0 7 26 Birkland 0.0 0 0 6 51 Shepard 0.0 0 0 1 90 Kleinsasser 0.0 0 0 1 21 McCartney 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 34 Nave 4 3 0 32 56 Kuykendall 2 1 0 32 36 Carr 2 1 0 31 58 Galvan 2 0 0 31 39 Raab 1 3 0 35 31 Padgett 1 0 0 15 26 Birkland 1 0 0 6 40 Plata 0 1 1 35 98 Hall 0 0 0 35 92 Buxton 0 0 0 34 93 Bradham 0 0 0 29 72 Kershner 0 0 0 23 95 Watkins 0 0 0 23 96 Santos 0 0 0 14 91 Harrold 0 0 0 7 51 Shepard 0 0 0 1 90 Kleinsasser 0 0 0 1 21 McCartney 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 40 Plata 6 4 25 35 34 Nave 6 2 25 32 93 Bradham 5 1 24 29 36 Carr 4 2 20 31 56 Kuykendall 3 2 23 32 39 Raab 3 1 25 35 58 Galvan 3 1 22 31 98 Hall 2 1 25 35 95 Watkins 2 0 20 23 31 Padgett 2 0 9 15 92 Buxton 1 0 25 34 72 Kershner 1 0 17 23 26 Birkland 1 0 3 6 57 Dennis 1 0 0 0 96 Santos 0 0 7 14 91 Harrold 0 0 5 7 51 Shepard 0 0 0 1 90 Kleinsasser 0 0 0 1 21 McCartney 0 0 0 1

Once again, we get a win behind a solid defensive effort, and a fairly lackluster showing from the offense. It’s tough to complain about being 2-0, especially when it wasn’t at all clear that this team was going to be all that cmopetitive – but now we have put up two solid wins without really even hitting our stride.

Hilton Boner, it seems, has slipped back to his mistake-prone ways – throwing three picks this game, and keeping our pretty effective offense from really putting this game out of reach. A 75 passer rating on the year – not too far below his career average – just isn’t all that imposing. The overall production – nearly 400 yards of offense – is fine, but we can’t lose the turnover battle and expect to win most of our games.

But our passing defense was very tough once again this week, and that is the only cylinder that is completely clicking for this team. As we work things out, it’s always easier to do so while sitting on a winning record, so we are thankful for that.

Next week we face Hell Creek, another very solid team run by the noble and astute Allosaurus. We’ll be up against yet another superstar QB in Skip Peterson, and another team whose roster outclasses ours by a wide margin – 76 to 60. We will no doubt be underdogs on the road, but will be looking to make our mark once again.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:11 AM   #145
QuikSand
lolzcat

Week 3: Chesapeake at Hell Creek

We are deserved underdogs on the road here, playing against one of the league’s top teams. I decide it’s time to shake things up on offense a bit, as I am convinced that we can’t win with the mistakes and general sluggishness we have seen in the first two weeks. So – we will go now with Harry Ross at QB, presumably the beginning of a new era for this team, assuming things work out well.

We do some tinkering with the gameplan for this week, tailoring the pass selection a bit more to Ross’s liking. He will be using the same basic array of passes that we have been used to with Boneu under center, but has a different array of formations he’s comfortable with. Not too much adjustment necessary. We will, however, also try to give RB Floyd Fraser a few carries – he has decent skills and might be a useful part of our committee approach.

It would be a surprise to win this game, but a pleasant one.

Code:
Box Score: Chesapeake at Hell Creek Hell Creek, MT. Week 3, 2008 Attendance: 71,500 (73,300). Weather: 67 degrees, fair. 1Q: 07:28 HLC - David Krawczyk 19 pass from Skip Peterson. 1Q: 07:28 HLC - Christopher Jacks extra point. 1Q: 02:28 CHE - Chadwick Morimasa 2 run. 1Q: 02:28 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 2Q: 14:10 HLC - Paul Wolf 8 pass from Skip Peterson. 2Q: 14:10 HLC - Christopher Jacks extra point. 2Q: 08:37 CHE - Marcus Meneses 3 pass from Harry Ross. 2Q: 08:37 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 2Q: 05:43 CHE - David Everhart 51 field goal. 2Q: 01:31 HLC - Paul Armstead 4 pass from Skip Peterson. 2Q: 01:31 HLC - Christopher Jacks extra point. 3Q: 07:10 HLC - Paul Wolf 1 pass from Skip Peterson. 3Q: 07:10 HLC - Christopher Jacks extra point. 3Q: 03:28 HLC - Christopher Jacks 38 field goal. 4Q: 09:13 CHE - David Everhart 31 field goal. 4Q: 04:22 CHE - David Everhart 29 field goal. 4Q: 01:14 HLC - Christopher Jacks 46 field goal. Game MVP: HLC 19 Skip Peterson Chesapeake 7 10 0 6 - 23 Hell Creek 7 14 10 3 - 34 Team Statistics CHE HLC First Downs 20 18 Total Rushes 22 28 Rushing Yards 70 62 Yards Per Carry 3.1 2.2 Pass Attempts 46 37 Completions 20 22 Passing Yards 237 264 Yards Per Attempt 5.1 7.1 Sacked 3 2 Yards Lost 18 15 Interceptions 1 0 Fumbles/Lost 1/1 1/0 Total Plays 71 67 Total Yards 289 311 Yards Per Play 4.0 4.6 3rd Down Plays 8/17 8/17 Avg. YTG on 3rd 7.2 7.1 4th Down Plays 0/1 0/0 Penalties 3 9 Penalty Yards 23 69 Avg. Drive Start OWN 26 OWN 39 Time Of Possession 29:30 30:30 Chesapeake Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 24 Criswell 14 35 2.5 7 0 41 Morimasa 7 29 4.1 21 1 2 Ross 1 6 6.0 6 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 2 Ross 46 20 237 5.1 34 1 1 3 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 88 Rego 7 97 13.8 18 33 0 81 Berkey 5 68 13.6 14 34 0 87 Meneses 5 34 6.8 10 14 1 80 Castellano 2 23 11.5 12 15 0 83 Newbury 1 15 15.0 1 15 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 84 Madison 2 12 6.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 36 Carr 4 99 24.7 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 6 Embry 5 184 36.8 47 0 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 19 Everhart 3 3 51 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 92 Buxton 7 3 0.0 0 0 0 40 Plata 7 1 0.0 0 0 0 98 Hall 6 1 1.0 0 0 0 58 Galvan 6 1 1.0 0 0 0 95 Watkins 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 39 Raab 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 56 Kuykendall 4 3 0.0 0 0 0 31 Padgett 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 91 Harrold 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 26 Birkland 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Bradham 1 3 0.0 0 0 0 72 Kershner 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 36 Carr 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 41 Morimasa 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 24 Criswell 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 62 Gourdine 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 27 Rankin 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 21 McCartney 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 34 Nave 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 79 Tilton 0 0 0 0 0 3 62 Gourdine 0 0 0 0 3 0 55 Wallace 0 0 0 0 1 0 98 Hall 0 1 0 0 0 0 84 Madison 1 0 0 0 0 0 70 Boyd 0 0 0 0 1 0 Hell Creek Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 28 Rehberg 19 42 2.2 11 0 22 Carter 8 21 2.6 5 0 19 Peterson 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 19 Peterson 37 22 264 7.1 28 4 0 2 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 88 Armstead 9 119 13.2 42 27 1 89 Krawczyk 3 39 13.0 4 19 1 83 Summers 3 47 15.6 10 28 0 86 Wolf 3 20 6.6 0 11 2 28 Rehberg 2 15 7.5 4 9 0 22 Carter 1 3 3.0 1 3 0 85 Bordley 1 21 21.0 4 21 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 89 Krawczyk 1 8 8.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 83 Summers 3 58 19.3 0 38 Dail 3 60 20.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 9 Pavlik 7 285 40.7 51 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 8 Jacks 2 2 46 4 4 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 91 Grimm 6 1 2.0 0 0 0 30 Conger 6 2 0.0 0 0 0 51 Kawamura 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 98 Russell 5 0 1.0 0 0 0 58 Summers 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 95 Nichols 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 56 Steigerwald 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 20 Bogle 2 2 0.0 1 25 0 44 Fitzgerald 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 31 Downs 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 49 Pugal 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 94 Murphy 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 21 Connell 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 59 Grimshaw 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 25 Dillon 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 64 Van Horn 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 22 Carter 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 38 Dail 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Loria 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 52 Humphrey 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 63 Houston 0 0 0 0 0 1 64 Van Horn 0 1 0 0 1 0 73 Vivas 0 0 0 0 0 1 76 Weber 0 0 0 0 1 0 84 Morris 0 0 1 0 0 0 65 Meehan 0 0 1 0 0 0 28 Rehberg 1 0 0 0 0 0 42 Parise 0 0 0 0 1 0 Chesapeake Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 11:53 1:55 OWN 20 3 8 Punt 1 7:28 5:00 OWN 20 12 80 Touchdown 2 14:10 5:33 OWN 35 11 65 Touchdown 2 6:55 1:12 OWN 46 5 20 Field Goal 2 1:31 1:31 OWN 10 4 10 Half 3 15:00 2:16 OWN 25 3 -2 Punt 3 11:40 1:13 OWN 1 3 5 Punt 3 7:10 1:07 OWN 35 3 -5 Punt 3 3:28 1:35 OWN 20 6 15 Punt 4 13:10 3:57 OWN 15 8 71 Field Goal 4 6:37 2:15 OPP 39 8 27 Field Goal 4 2:20 0:33 OWN 28 4 5 Downs 4 1:14 0:29 OWN 26 2 0 Interception Hell Creek Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 3:07 OWN 29 6 20 Punt 1 9:58 2:30 OWN 33 6 67 Touchdown 1 2:28 3:18 OWN 28 7 72 Touchdown 2 8:37 1:42 OWN 18 3 3 Punt 2 5:43 4:12 OWN 39 10 61 Touchdown 3 12:44 1:04 OWN 43 3 6 Punt 3 10:27 3:17 OPP 39 8 39 Touchdown 3 6:03 1:17 OWN 31 3 5 Punt 3 4:46 1:18 OPP 26 3 5 Field Goal 3 1:53 3:43 OWN 34 9 13 Punt 4 9:13 2:36 OWN 19 3 -9 Punt 4 4:22 2:02 OWN 26 3 9 Punt 4 1:47 0:33 OPP 33 3 4 Field Goal 4 0:45 0:45 OPP 47 1 -1 Game Chesapeake Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 4 2 2 Hell Creek Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 4 4 0 Chesapeake Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 26 3.7 Middle 13 43 3.3 Right 2 1 0.5 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 62 Gourdine 3 6 22 70 Boyd 1 4 22 55 Wallace 1 3 21 79 Tilton 0 3 22 66 Schmit 0 3 22 41 Morimasa 0 2 15 88 Rego 0 0 20 82 Lannon 0 0 4 54 Turnbull 0 0 1 Chesapeake Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 5 3 23 4.6 Short (0-8 Yds) 12 8 50 4.1 Medium (9-18 Yds) 18 7 97 5.3 Long (19+ Yds) 11 2 67 6.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 2 Ross 46 20 3 1 9 3 9 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 81 Berkey 16 5 1 68 37 88 Rego 11 7 0 97 37 87 Meneses 11 5 0 34 33 80 Castellano 3 2 0 23 34 41 Morimasa 2 0 0 0 35 83 Newbury 1 1 0 15 27 24 Criswell 1 0 0 0 17 84 Madison 1 0 0 0 6 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 62 Gourdine 0 49 79 Tilton 3 49 70 Boyd 0 49 66 Schmit 0 49 55 Wallace 0 47 41 Morimasa 0 35 54 Turnbull 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 98 Hall 1.0 1 1 39 58 Galvan 1.0 0 1 36 92 Buxton 0.0 0 2 39 40 Plata 0.0 0 0 39 56 Kuykendall 0.0 0 0 39 39 Raab 0.0 0 0 37 93 Bradham 0.0 0 0 35 34 Nave 0.0 0 0 34 36 Carr 0.0 0 0 34 95 Watkins 0.0 0 0 33 72 Kershner 0.0 0 0 22 96 Santos 0.0 0 0 17 31 Padgett 0.0 0 0 17 91 Harrold 0.0 0 0 6 26 Birkland 0.0 0 0 1 51 Shepard 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 39 Raab 6 1 0 37 40 Plata 4 1 0 39 95 Watkins 3 0 0 33 31 Padgett 3 0 0 17 56 Kuykendall 2 1 0 39 58 Galvan 2 1 0 36 72 Kershner 1 0 0 22 91 Harrold 1 0 0 6 34 Nave 0 3 0 34 36 Carr 0 1 0 34 98 Hall 0 0 0 39 92 Buxton 0 0 0 39 93 Bradham 0 0 0 35 96 Santos 0 0 0 17 26 Birkland 0 0 0 1 51 Shepard 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 92 Buxton 7 3 28 39 40 Plata 7 1 28 39 98 Hall 6 1 28 39 58 Galvan 6 1 24 36 95 Watkins 5 1 27 33 39 Raab 5 0 27 37 56 Kuykendall 4 3 28 39 31 Padgett 3 0 6 17 91 Harrold 2 1 7 6 26 Birkland 2 0 3 1 93 Bradham 1 3 28 35 72 Kershner 1 2 22 22 36 Carr 1 1 23 34 21 McCartney 1 0 0 0 34 Nave 0 1 26 34 96 Santos 0 0 3 17 51 Shepard 0 0 0 1 Hell Creek Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 2 5 2.5 Middle 19 44 2.3 Right 6 14 2.3 None 1 -1 -1.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 42 Parise 1 4 22 64 Van Horn 1 4 20 76 Weber 1 2 23 65 Meehan 0 6 28 73 Vivas 0 4 28 63 Houston 0 4 28 88 Armstead 0 3 25 60 Hill 0 0 8 85 Bordley 0 0 7 61 Rossburg 0 0 5 Hell Creek Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 8 5 33 4.1 Short (0-8 Yds) 12 7 48 4.0 Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 8 130 10.0 Long (19+ Yds) 4 2 53 13.2 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 19 Peterson 37 22 0 2 8 1 4 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 88 Armstead 13 9 1 119 34 89 Krawczyk 6 3 1 39 27 83 Summers 5 3 0 47 24 86 Wolf 5 3 0 20 29 84 Morris 2 0 0 0 14 28 Rehberg 2 2 0 15 25 42 Parise 2 0 0 0 17 22 Carter 1 1 0 3 17 85 Bordley 1 1 0 21 4 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 73 Vivas 1 39 65 Meehan 0 39 63 Houston 1 39 76 Weber 0 36 64 Van Horn 0 30 42 Parise 0 17 60 Hill 0 9 61 Rossburg 0 3 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 91 Grimm 2.0 0 2 49 98 Russell 1.0 0 0 49 95 Nichols 0.0 2 2 49 58 Summers 0.0 1 1 41 94 Murphy 0.0 0 3 26 30 Conger 0.0 0 0 49 31 Downs 0.0 0 0 49 44 Fitzgerald 0.0 0 0 49 56 Steigerwald 0.0 0 0 34 20 Bogle 0.0 0 0 32 21 Connell 0.0 0 0 32 92 Randle 0.0 0 1 20 59 Grimshaw 0.0 0 0 21 51 Kawamura 0.0 0 0 18 25 Dillon 0.0 0 0 14 93 Loria 0.0 0 0 3 24 Fuller 0.0 0 0 2 52 Humphrey 0.0 0 0 2 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 30 Conger 5 2 0 49 51 Kawamura 5 0 0 18 56 Steigerwald 3 0 0 34 31 Downs 2 1 0 49 95 Nichols 2 0 0 49 20 Bogle 1 3 1 32 58 Summers 1 1 0 41 59 Grimshaw 1 0 0 21 21 Connell 0 1 0 32 25 Dillon 0 1 0 14 91 Grimm 0 0 0 49 98 Russell 0 0 0 49 44 Fitzgerald 0 0 0 49 94 Murphy 0 0 0 26 92 Randle 0 0 0 20 93 Loria 0 0 0 3 24 Fuller 0 0 0 2 52 Humphrey 0 0 0 2 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 30 Conger 6 2 22 49 91 Grimm 6 1 22 49 51 Kawamura 6 1 12 18 98 Russell 5 0 22 49 58 Summers 4 2 21 41 95 Nichols 3 1 22 49 56 Steigerwald 3 0 8 34 44 Fitzgerald 2 2 22 49 20 Bogle 2 2 19 32 31 Downs 2 1 22 49 94 Murphy 2 0 16 26 49 Pugal 2 0 0 0 21 Connell 1 2 9 32 59 Grimshaw 1 1 15 21 25 Dillon 1 0 1 14 93 Loria 0 1 2 3 52 Humphrey 0 1 3 2 92 Randle 0 0 4 20 24 Fuller 0 0 0 2

Well, I can’t claim to be all that surprised, really – we put together a decent effort, but Hell Creek is just a better team, and playing them on the road, this is what we had to expect to see.

Harry Ross – we’ll give him passing grades for his Chili Dog debut. 20 of 46 isn’t excatly the efficiency we’d be looking for, but down in the detail we see that he only threw three bad passes out of 46 – he had 9 passes defensed plus 9 hurries and three blocked passes, so a lot of his problems were caused by effective defense in the secondary, a good pass rush, and perhaps a porous offensive line. Tough to pin it on him at all.

Our bigger worry is with our own pass defense – we just could not stop Skip Peterson at all, and that was our real undoing. Essentially, we got about the same output from our offense as we saw in our two openers – we just didn’t stop the other teams this week.

CB Billy Joe Scanlon is nearing full health – we expect to get him back onto the field in perhaps another couple of weeks. For right now, we have rookie Herman padgett out there playing the nickelback role – I think we will stand to improve when we slot Scanlon there, and use Padgett as our dime back and reserve safety.

So – no real surprise this week. A little disappointing to not even be all that close at the end, but Hell Creek is among my short list of favorites to be right there when it’s all over, so no real harm done.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:13 AM   #146
QuikSand
lolzcat

Code:
2008 Regular Season Standings AC North W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div South Jersey 3 0 0 1.000 70 48 2-0 1-0 Bar Harbor 2 1 0 .667 68 62 1-1 0-1 Las Vegas 1 2 0 .333 43 62 1-1 1-0 Shreveport 0 3 0 .000 34 51 0-2 0-1 AC South W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Hudson Valley 2 1 0 .667 59 53 1-1 1-0 Jupiter 2 1 0 .667 64 52 1-1 1-0 Austin 2 1 0 .667 85 75 1-1 0-1 Toronto 1 2 0 .333 62 85 1-1 0-1 AC East W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Mars 3 0 0 1.000 82 37 2-0 1-0 Capital City 3 0 0 1.000 67 44 2-0 1-0 Burlington 1 2 0 .333 40 58 1-1 0-1 Annawan 1 2 0 .333 71 72 0-2 0-1 AC West W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Fall River 2 1 0 .667 55 43 2-0 1-0 Royal 2 1 0 .667 70 48 1-1 1-0 French 0 3 0 .000 58 70 0-2 0-1 Norman 0 3 0 .000 47 66 0-2 0-1 NC North W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Calverton 3 0 0 1.000 88 45 2-0 1-0 Ayr 2 1 0 .667 61 58 2-0 1-0 Norwich 1 2 0 .333 91 75 1-1 0-1 Seal Beach 0 3 0 .000 44 70 0-2 0-1 NC South W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Hell Creek 3 0 0 1.000 92 47 2-0 1-0 Washington 2 1 0 .667 58 40 1-1 1-0 State College 1 2 0 .333 48 73 0-2 0-1 Madison 0 3 0 .000 16 66 0-2 0-1 NC East W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Portland 2 1 0 .667 67 67 2-0 1-0 Chesapeake 2 1 0 .667 59 54 1-1 1-0 South Carolina 1 2 0 .333 64 67 0-2 0-1 Dodge City 0 3 0 .000 42 77 0-2 0-1 NC West W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Myrtle Beach 2 1 0 .667 47 47 2-0 1-0 Wheeling 2 1 0 .667 66 69 2-0 1-0 Duluth 2 1 0 .667 52 38 1-1 0-1 Davis 0 3 0 .000 58 109 0-2 0-1

Last edited by QuikSand : 09-26-2005 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:30 AM   #147
QuikSand
lolzcat

after our week four bye…

Week 5: Mrytle Beach at Chesapeake

Myrtle Beach comes in at 2-2, and we seek to hold serve at home. They have been an up and down team – last year they posted a losing record, but the year before they were 11-5. We have a fairly balanced game plan in place, and will be looking to QB Harry Ross once again.

Code:
Box Score: Myrtle Beach at Chesapeake Chesapeake, PA. Week 5, 2008 Attendance: 62,700 (65,700). Weather: 74 degrees, fair. 1Q: 07:25 CHE - Justin Berkey 36 pass from Harry Ross. 1Q: 07:25 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 1Q: 00:57 CHE - Chadwick Morimasa 1 pass from Harry Ross. 1Q: 00:57 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 2Q: 13:08 CHE - Clyde Rego 2 pass from Harry Ross. 2Q: 13:08 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 2Q: 00:20 CHE - David Everhart 29 field goal. 4Q: 14:25 CHE - David Everhart 21 field goal. 4Q: 08:19 MRB - Xavier Bullock 58 run. 4Q: 08:19 MRB - Joel Griffith extra point. 4Q: 01:07 CHE - Floyd Fraser 8 run. 4Q: 01:07 CHE - David Everhart extra point. Game MVP: CHE 2 Harry Ross Myrtle Beach 0 0 0 7 - 7 Chesapeake 14 10 0 10 - 34 Team Statistics MRB CHE First Downs 8 31 Total Rushes 18 39 Rushing Yards 119 209 Yards Per Carry 6.6 5.3 Pass Attempts 26 39 Completions 13 28 Passing Yards 136 256 Yards Per Attempt 5.2 6.5 Sacked 3 1 Yards Lost 19 5 Interceptions 1 1 Fumbles/Lost 1/1 1/1 Total Plays 47 79 Total Yards 236 460 Yards Per Play 5.0 5.8 3rd Down Plays 1/12 8/14 Avg. YTG on 3rd 10.9 7.4 4th Down Plays 0/1 0/0 Penalties 11 5 Penalty Yards 82 27 Avg. Drive Start OWN 21 OWN 36 Time Of Possession 22:05 37:55 Myrtle Beach Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 39 Briner 6 21 3.5 10 0 47 Hayakawa 6 19 3.1 5 0 14 Woods 3 8 2.6 7 0 27 Bullock 2 66 33.0 58 1 89 Parsons 1 5 5.0 5 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 14 Woods 21 10 103 4.9 32 0 1 3 9 Sellers 5 3 33 6.6 15 0 0 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 39 Briner 5 46 9.2 11 32 0 86 Becker 3 35 11.6 1 15 0 88 McConnell 1 4 4.0 0 4 0 20 Harrison 1 6 6.0 6 6 0 89 Parsons 1 12 12.0 0 12 0 83 Quinlan 1 12 12.0 0 12 0 82 Lucas 1 21 21.0 0 21 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 86 Becker 1 14 14.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 88 McConnell 3 30 10.0 0 45 Durgin 2 31 15.5 0 83 Quinlan 1 12 12.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 17 Givens 9 342 38.0 48 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 2 Griffith 0 0 0 1 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 56 Tsai 14 1 0.0 0 0 0 91 Miura 7 3 0.0 1 0 0 22 Clark 7 2 0.0 0 0 0 42 Hulbert 6 2 0.0 0 0 0 35 Barckert 6 2 0.0 0 0 0 78 Wright 4 2 1.0 0 0 0 93 Kerr 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 28 Nason 4 0 0.0 0 0 0 53 Brady 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 45 Durgin 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 43 Kadela 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 79 Balogh 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 24 Givens 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 95 Crane 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 90 Merrick 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 63 Edwards 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 86 Becker 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 29 Nugent 0 2 0.0 0 0 0 94 Walsh 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 73 Morris 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 60 Davis 0 0 0 0 1 1 63 Edwards 0 0 0 0 0 1 50 Mayes 0 0 0 0 2 1 64 Bush 0 0 0 0 1 0 94 Walsh 0 0 1 0 0 0 89 Parsons 1 0 0 0 0 0 48 Florian 0 0 0 0 1 0 61 Hatcher 0 0 0 0 1 0 53 Brady 0 1 0 0 0 0 Chesapeake Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 24 Criswell 18 56 3.1 11 0 41 Morimasa 15 102 6.8 16 0 37 Fraser 5 51 10.2 17 1 80 Castellano 1 0 0.0 0 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 2 Ross 39 28 256 6.5 36 3 1 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 87 Meneses 7 52 7.4 12 12 0 88 Rego 6 47 7.8 7 14 1 81 Berkey 4 76 19.0 9 36 1 41 Morimasa 3 5 1.6 4 4 1 80 Castellano 3 27 9.0 4 12 0 37 Fraser 3 24 8.0 0 10 0 83 Newbury 1 13 13.0 2 13 0 84 Madison 1 12 12.0 2 12 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 84 Madison 2 26 13.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 36 Carr 1 15 15.0 0 27 Rankin 1 19 19.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 6 Embry 5 191 38.2 41 2 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 19 Everhart 2 2 29 4 4 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 95 Watkins 5 1 0.0 0 0 0 36 Carr 5 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Bradham 3 2 1.0 0 0 0 31 Padgett 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 56 Kuykendall 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 58 Galvan 2 2 1.0 0 0 0 98 Hall 2 1 1.0 0 0 0 91 Harrold 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Dennis 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 40 Plata 1 3 0.0 0 0 0 92 Buxton 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 34 Nave 1 1 0.0 1 12 0 41 Morimasa 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 81 Berkey 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Birkland 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 51 Shepard 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 90 Kleinsasser 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 42 Emerson 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 70 Boyd 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 66 Schmit 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 21 McCartney 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 39 Raab 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 70 Boyd 0 0 0 0 3 1 55 Wallace 0 0 0 0 5 0 62 Gourdine 0 0 0 0 5 0 79 Tilton 0 0 0 0 2 0 88 Rego 0 0 0 0 1 0 95 Watkins 0 0 1 0 0 0 34 Nave 0 1 0 0 0 0 37 Fraser 1 0 0 0 0 0 54 Turnbull 0 0 0 0 1 0 Myrtle Beach Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 13:12 2:03 OWN 48 3 -9 Punt 1 7:25 1:26 OWN 20 4 3 Punt 1 0:57 1:06 OWN 14 3 3 Punt 2 13:08 0:31 OWN 17 1 12 Fumble 2 11:13 2:03 OWN 14 3 -6 Punt 2 8:09 1:02 OWN 20 3 -2 Punt 2 4:38 1:17 OWN 11 4 24 Punt 2 0:20 0:20 OWN 12 1 -1 Half 3 15:00 2:28 OWN 27 3 9 Punt 3 9:27 2:38 OWN 11 5 38 Punt 3 5:26 2:26 OPP 49 7 13 Interception 4 14:25 1:47 OWN 13 3 6 Punt 4 11:18 2:59 OWN 24 6 76 Touchdown 4 1:07 1:07 OWN 22 2 28 Game Chesapeake Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 1:48 OWN 12 3 9 Punt 1 11:09 3:44 OWN 27 7 73 Touchdown 1 5:59 5:02 OWN 34 11 66 Touchdown 2 14:51 1:43 OWN 45 5 55 Touchdown 2 12:37 1:24 OPP 29 3 28 Fumble 2 9:10 1:01 OPP 43 3 2 Punt 2 7:07 2:29 OPP 42 6 23 Interception 2 3:21 3:01 OWN 31 9 57 Field Goal 3 12:32 3:05 OWN 29 6 22 Punt 3 6:49 1:23 OWN 15 3 -6 Punt 3 3:00 3:35 OWN 38 9 58 Field Goal 4 12:38 1:20 OWN 44 3 5 Punt 4 8:19 7:12 OWN 19 13 81 Touchdown Myrtle Beach Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 0 0 0 Chesapeake Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 7 3 2 Myrtle Beach Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 3 66 22.0 Middle 9 31 3.4 Right 5 23 4.6 None 1 -1 -1.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 50 Mayes 2 5 17 64 Bush 1 2 17 60 Davis 1 2 15 48 Florian 1 1 4 61 Hatcher 1 1 3 68 Hansen 0 3 15 63 Edwards 0 2 12 82 Lucas 0 0 14 20 Harrison 0 0 6 87 Anglin 0 0 5 76 McElroy 0 0 5 69 Warren 0 0 4 52 Blair 0 0 1 65 Gardner 0 0 1 Myrtle Beach Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 3 2 8 2.6 Short (0-8 Yds) 10 4 16 1.6 Medium (9-18 Yds) 8 5 59 7.3 Long (19+ Yds) 5 2 53 10.6 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 14 Woods 21 10 3 1 4 1 1 1 9 Sellers 5 3 0 0 1 0 1 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 39 Briner 6 5 0 46 22 86 Becker 5 3 0 35 19 88 McConnell 4 1 1 4 25 20 Harrison 3 1 0 6 11 89 Parsons 3 1 0 12 13 83 Quinlan 3 1 0 12 21 82 Lucas 1 1 0 21 21 47 Hayakawa 1 0 0 0 5 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 68 Hansen 0 26 60 Davis 1 26 64 Bush 0 25 50 Mayes 1 24 63 Edwards 1 21 20 Harrison 0 11 76 McElroy 0 8 52 Blair 0 5 65 Gardner 0 4 69 Warren 0 3 61 Hatcher 0 3 48 Florian 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 78 Wright 1.0 0 1 36 79 Balogh 0.0 0 2 39 93 Kerr 0.0 0 1 30 53 Brady 0.0 0 0 40 42 Hulbert 0.0 0 0 39 91 Miura 0.0 0 0 38 35 Barckert 0.0 0 0 32 24 Givens 0.0 0 0 32 22 Clark 0.0 0 0 28 43 Kadela 0.0 0 0 28 90 Merrick 0.0 0 0 25 56 Tsai 0.0 0 0 24 28 Nason 0.0 0 1 10 94 Walsh 0.0 0 0 12 95 Crane 0.0 0 0 10 29 Nugent 0.0 0 0 8 96 Ramthun 0.0 0 0 4 57 Carnell 0.0 0 0 3 45 Durgin 0.0 0 0 1 73 Morris 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 42 Hulbert 5 0 0 39 35 Barckert 4 0 0 32 91 Miura 3 0 1 38 53 Brady 3 0 0 40 22 Clark 3 0 0 28 56 Tsai 3 0 0 24 43 Kadela 2 1 0 28 78 Wright 1 0 0 36 24 Givens 1 0 0 32 90 Merrick 1 0 0 25 28 Nason 1 0 0 10 95 Crane 1 0 0 10 79 Balogh 0 1 0 39 93 Kerr 0 0 0 30 94 Walsh 0 0 0 12 29 Nugent 0 0 0 8 96 Ramthun 0 0 0 4 57 Carnell 0 0 0 3 45 Durgin 0 0 0 1 73 Morris 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 56 Tsai 14 1 23 24 91 Miura 7 3 38 38 22 Clark 7 2 28 28 42 Hulbert 6 2 35 39 35 Barckert 6 2 26 32 78 Wright 4 2 34 36 93 Kerr 4 2 32 30 28 Nason 4 0 16 10 53 Brady 3 2 33 40 45 Durgin 3 0 7 1 43 Kadela 2 2 27 28 79 Balogh 2 1 33 39 24 Givens 2 1 26 32 95 Crane 1 1 7 10 90 Merrick 1 0 19 25 29 Nugent 0 2 13 8 94 Walsh 0 1 13 12 73 Morris 0 1 6 1 57 Carnell 0 0 8 3 96 Ramthun 0 0 5 4 Chesapeake Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 43 6.1 Middle 27 147 5.4 Right 5 19 3.8 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 62 Gourdine 5 9 34 55 Wallace 5 6 33 70 Boyd 3 7 38 79 Tilton 2 5 37 88 Rego 1 3 34 54 Turnbull 1 2 6 66 Schmit 0 3 36 41 Morimasa 0 1 29 82 Lannon 0 1 18 60 Brandon 0 2 7 61 Cid 0 0 4 Chesapeake Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 3 3 5 1.6 Short (0-8 Yds) 23 15 95 4.1 Medium (9-18 Yds) 10 8 95 9.5 Long (19+ Yds) 3 2 61 20.3 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 2 Ross 39 28 1 2 2 0 5 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 88 Rego 9 6 0 47 30 81 Berkey 8 4 1 76 24 87 Meneses 8 7 1 52 25 80 Castellano 4 3 0 27 20 41 Morimasa 3 3 0 5 23 37 Fraser 3 3 0 24 13 83 Newbury 2 1 0 13 26 84 Madison 2 1 0 12 9 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 62 Gourdine 0 39 79 Tilton 0 39 70 Boyd 1 39 66 Schmit 0 38 55 Wallace 0 37 41 Morimasa 0 23 54 Turnbull 0 4 61 Cid 0 2 60 Brandon 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 93 Bradham 1.0 1 0 21 98 Hall 1.0 0 0 25 58 Galvan 1.0 0 0 21 92 Buxton 0.0 0 1 27 39 Raab 0.0 0 0 27 40 Plata 0.0 0 0 26 56 Kuykendall 0.0 0 0 24 36 Carr 0.0 0 0 22 31 Padgett 0.0 0 0 22 34 Nave 0.0 0 0 21 72 Kershner 0.0 0 0 19 91 Harrold 0.0 0 1 8 96 Santos 0.0 0 0 15 95 Watkins 0.0 0 0 14 26 Birkland 0.0 0 0 10 21 McCartney 0.0 0 0 5 51 Shepard 0.0 0 0 4 90 Kleinsasser 0.0 0 0 4 57 Dennis 0.0 0 0 3 35 Scanlon 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 56 Kuykendall 3 0 0 24 36 Carr 3 0 0 22 31 Padgett 3 0 0 22 91 Harrold 2 0 0 8 58 Galvan 1 1 0 21 34 Nave 1 0 1 21 40 Plata 0 3 0 26 72 Kershner 0 1 0 19 92 Buxton 0 0 0 27 39 Raab 0 0 0 27 98 Hall 0 0 0 25 93 Bradham 0 0 0 21 96 Santos 0 0 0 15 95 Watkins 0 0 0 14 26 Birkland 0 0 0 10 21 McCartney 0 0 0 5 51 Shepard 0 0 0 4 90 Kleinsasser 0 0 0 4 57 Dennis 0 0 0 3 35 Scanlon 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 95 Watkins 5 1 15 14 36 Carr 5 0 13 22 93 Bradham 3 2 17 21 31 Padgett 3 1 11 22 56 Kuykendall 3 0 14 24 58 Galvan 2 2 15 21 98 Hall 2 1 14 25 91 Harrold 2 0 4 8 57 Dennis 2 0 0 3 40 Plata 1 3 13 26 92 Buxton 1 2 18 27 34 Nave 1 1 14 21 26 Birkland 1 0 6 10 51 Shepard 1 0 4 4 90 Kleinsasser 1 0 4 4 21 McCartney 1 0 3 5 39 Raab 0 1 17 27 72 Kershner 0 0 13 19 96 Santos 0 0 3 15 35 Scanlon 0 0 0 1

Great showing – clearly our best game of the year. 200 yards on the ground – I can’t even recall the last time we saw a level like that. And Ross was exceptional in the passing game, too, spreading the ball around masterfully well. We really clicked here, great game.

Next game is at 4-1 Portland, and shapes up as a huge early season divisional battle. Portland has gotten their ship straightened out in a hurry, and are suddely right in the picture for the division title which we wish to claim. A loss here puts us two and a half games back – not the best spot to land in. Big game.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #148
QuikSand
lolzcat

Week 6: Chesapeake (3-1) at Portland (4-1)

Big divisional game – the winner gains a pretty substantial edge in the early going. Portland is playing well, and we are on the road to take them on.

Code:
Box Score: Chesapeake at Portland Portland, OR. Week 6, 2008 Attendance: 69,800 (79,700). Weather: 60 degrees, rain. 1Q: 13:42 POR - Glenn Burgraff 25 interception return. 1Q: 13:42 POR - Tyrus Foley extra point. 1Q: 08:38 POR - Derek Cole 2 run. 1Q: 08:38 POR - Tyrus Foley extra point. 2Q: 14:10 POR - Tyrus Foley 51 field goal. 2Q: 07:33 POR - Tyrus Foley 31 field goal. 2Q: 04:51 CHE - Chadwick Morimasa 5 pass from Harry Ross. 2Q: 04:51 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 3Q: 08:27 POR - Tyrus Foley 31 field goal. 3Q: 04:38 POR - Derek Cole 11 run. 3Q: 04:38 POR - Tyrus Foley extra point. 3Q: 00:14 CHE - David Everhart 37 field goal. 4Q: 11:08 CHE - David Everhart 46 field goal. 4Q: 06:02 CHE - Justin Berkey 2 pass from Hilton Boner. 4Q: 06:02 CHE - David Everhart extra point. 4Q: 05:49 POR - Jim Sutton 82 kickoff return. 4Q: 05:49 POR - Tyrus Foley extra point. Game MVP: POR 17 Benjamin Fuller Chesapeake 0 7 3 10 - 20 Portland 14 6 10 7 - 37 Team Statistics CHE POR First Downs 16 21 Total Rushes 19 34 Rushing Yards 64 189 Yards Per Carry 3.3 5.5 Pass Attempts 38 26 Completions 23 16 Passing Yards 282 158 Yards Per Attempt 7.4 6.0 Sacked 3 0 Yards Lost 17 0 Interceptions 2 0 Fumbles/Lost 1/1 0/0 Total Plays 60 60 Total Yards 329 347 Yards Per Play 5.4 5.7 3rd Down Plays 6/13 4/11 Avg. YTG on 3rd 9.0 8.0 4th Down Plays 0/1 0/0 Penalties 10 8 Penalty Yards 65 60 Avg. Drive Start OWN 29 OWN 34 Time Of Possession 26:14 33:46 Chesapeake Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 41 Morimasa 14 60 4.2 9 0 24 Criswell 4 4 1.0 2 0 37 Fraser 1 0 0.0 0 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 2 Ross 29 17 209 7.2 46 1 2 1 7 Boner 9 6 73 8.1 18 1 0 2 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 41 Morimasa 8 64 8.0 48 14 1 81 Berkey 4 40 10.0 14 22 1 87 Meneses 3 31 10.3 3 16 0 80 Castellano 3 74 24.6 33 46 0 82 Lannon 3 41 13.6 17 33 0 83 Newbury 2 32 16.0 5 18 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 36 Carr 4 101 25.2 0 27 Rankin 3 49 16.3 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 6 Embry 4 167 41.7 49 3 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 19 Everhart 2 2 46 2 2 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 58 Galvan 8 3 0.0 0 0 0 40 Plata 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 92 Buxton 5 3 0.0 0 0 0 95 Watkins 4 1 0.0 0 0 0 39 Raab 4 1 0.0 0 0 0 36 Carr 3 5 0.0 0 0 0 93 Bradham 3 4 0.0 0 0 0 98 Hall 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 56 Kuykendall 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 72 Kershner 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 34 Nave 2 2 0.0 0 0 0 35 Scanlon 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 31 Padgett 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 81 Berkey 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 91 Harrold 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Birkland 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 51 Shepard 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Dennis 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 70 Boyd 0 0 0 0 1 1 79 Tilton 0 0 0 0 4 1 62 Gourdine 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 Ross 1 0 0 0 0 0 Portland Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 23 Cole 14 69 4.9 21 2 35 Hickman 13 60 4.6 23 0 17 Fuller 4 46 11.5 31 0 32 Bohme 2 9 4.5 5 0 42 Matthews 1 5 5.0 5 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 17 Fuller 26 16 158 6.0 19 0 0 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 85 Mansour 4 54 13.5 12 19 0 42 Matthews 4 33 8.2 20 12 0 80 Reese 3 32 10.6 6 13 0 86 Martin 2 17 8.5 13 9 0 35 Hickman 2 20 10.0 7 17 0 87 Botello 1 2 2.0 3 2 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 41 Metzenbaum 1 4 4.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 40 Sutton 3 132 44.0 1 23 Cole 1 25 25.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 18 Herndon 3 123 41.0 50 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 4 Foley 3 4 51 4 4 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 53 Cox 8 2 0.0 0 0 0 36 Lincoln 6 1 0.0 0 0 0 94 Bennett 4 1 1.0 0 0 0 31 Satterlee 4 2 0.0 0 0 0 40 Sutton 3 0 1.0 0 0 0 95 McElroy 3 1 0.0 1 18 0 59 Gibbons 3 2 0.0 0 0 0 38 Hunsinger 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 39 Wooden 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 44 Pearson 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 50 Nelson 2 0 1.0 0 0 0 45 Burgraff 2 1 0.0 1 25 1 54 Lane 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 75 Conway 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 41 Metzenbaum 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 92 Brown 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 32 Bohme 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Lehman 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 55 Jin 0 0 0 0 5 0 87 Botello 0 0 0 0 2 0 69 Parker 0 0 0 0 1 0 68 Howard 0 0 0 0 1 0 67 Horner 0 0 0 0 1 0 40 Sutton 0 1 0 0 0 0 42 Matthews 0 0 0 0 1 0 91 Reed 0 0 1 0 0 0 Chesapeake Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 1:18 OWN 12 2 1 Interception 1 13:42 2:20 OWN 42 4 7 Downs 1 8:38 2:00 OWN 35 3 9 Punt 1 3:07 1:29 OWN 4 3 8 Punt 2 14:10 3:24 OWN 31 5 7 Fumble 2 7:33 2:42 OWN 40 6 60 Touchdown 2 3:12 1:19 OWN 24 3 9 Punt 3 8:27 1:21 OWN 40 2 1 Interception 3 4:38 4:24 OWN 23 10 57 Field Goal 4 13:25 2:17 OPP 49 6 20 Field Goal 4 8:10 2:08 OWN 34 5 66 Touchdown 4 5:49 3:55 OWN 15 11 39 Punt Portland Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 11:22 2:44 OPP 49 5 49 Touchdown 1 6:38 3:31 OWN 14 7 32 Punt 1 1:38 2:28 OPP 43 3 9 Field Goal 2 10:46 3:13 OPP 38 5 24 Field Goal 2 4:51 1:39 OWN 33 3 3 Punt 2 1:53 1:53 OWN 22 5 33 Half 3 15:00 6:33 OWN 24 12 62 Field Goal 3 7:06 2:28 OPP 35 6 35 Touchdown 3 0:14 1:49 OWN 14 3 2 Punt 4 11:08 2:58 OWN 36 5 37 Missed FG 4 1:54 1:54 OWN 1 7 21 Game Chesapeake Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 2 1 Portland Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 4 2 2 Chesapeake Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 25 3.5 Middle 6 20 3.3 Right 6 19 3.1 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 79 Tilton 4 8 19 70 Boyd 1 1 19 55 Wallace 0 4 19 62 Gourdine 0 3 19 66 Schmit 0 2 19 82 Lannon 0 1 13 41 Morimasa 0 0 14 42 Emerson 0 0 12 88 Rego 0 0 3 Chesapeake Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 8 6 50 6.2 Short (0-8 Yds) 10 8 43 4.3 Medium (9-18 Yds) 13 7 134 10.3 Long (19+ Yds) 7 2 55 7.8 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 2 Ross 29 17 0 3 2 0 5 2 7 Boner 9 6 0 1 1 0 1 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 41 Morimasa 10 8 0 64 36 87 Meneses 8 3 2 31 31 80 Castellano 6 3 0 74 23 81 Berkey 5 4 1 40 24 82 Lannon 4 3 0 41 24 83 Newbury 2 2 0 32 26 84 Madison 2 0 1 0 6 42 Emerson 1 0 0 0 24 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 70 Boyd 1 41 79 Tilton 1 40 62 Gourdine 1 39 66 Schmit 0 39 55 Wallace 0 38 41 Morimasa 0 36 42 Emerson 0 24 54 Turnbull 0 4 60 Brandon 0 3 61 Cid 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 98 Hall 0.0 0 2 26 92 Buxton 0.0 0 1 26 93 Bradham 0.0 0 1 24 40 Plata 0.0 0 0 26 39 Raab 0.0 0 0 25 56 Kuykendall 0.0 0 0 25 58 Galvan 0.0 0 0 24 36 Carr 0.0 0 0 23 95 Watkins 0.0 0 0 19 34 Nave 0.0 0 0 19 72 Kershner 0.0 0 0 16 35 Scanlon 0.0 0 0 12 96 Santos 0.0 0 0 10 91 Harrold 0.0 0 0 4 31 Padgett 0.0 0 0 4 21 McCartney 0.0 0 0 3 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 36 Carr 3 2 0 23 40 Plata 3 0 0 26 95 Watkins 3 0 0 19 39 Raab 2 1 0 25 58 Galvan 2 0 0 24 34 Nave 1 1 0 19 92 Buxton 1 0 0 26 56 Kuykendall 1 0 0 25 98 Hall 0 0 0 26 93 Bradham 0 0 0 24 72 Kershner 0 0 0 16 35 Scanlon 0 0 0 12 96 Santos 0 0 0 10 91 Harrold 0 0 0 4 31 Padgett 0 0 0 4 21 McCartney 0 0 0 3 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 58 Galvan 8 3 30 24 40 Plata 6 1 28 26 92 Buxton 5 3 34 26 39 Raab 4 1 31 25 95 Watkins 4 1 24 19 36 Carr 3 5 28 23 93 Bradham 3 4 28 24 98 Hall 3 2 31 26 56 Kuykendall 3 0 27 25 34 Nave 2 2 27 19 72 Kershner 2 2 27 16 35 Scanlon 2 0 15 12 31 Padgett 2 0 9 4 91 Harrold 1 0 10 4 51 Shepard 1 0 5 0 57 Dennis 1 0 4 0 26 Birkland 1 0 2 0 96 Santos 0 0 4 10 21 McCartney 0 0 7 3 90 Kleinsasser 0 0 3 0 Portland Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 28 4.0 Middle 21 116 5.5 Right 5 47 9.4 None 1 -2 -2.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 55 Jin 5 9 32 87 Botello 2 2 33 67 Horner 1 5 30 68 Howard 1 3 29 69 Parker 1 3 8 42 Matthews 1 1 28 74 Cobb 0 6 32 73 Huntley 0 1 26 56 Comeaux 0 1 3 89 Renzi 0 0 8 64 Kolodzik 0 0 6 51 Flannery 0 0 4 Portland Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 5 5 22 4.4 Short (0-8 Yds) 5 4 38 7.6 Medium (9-18 Yds) 12 7 98 8.1 Long (19+ Yds) 4 0 0 0.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 17 Fuller 26 16 0 2 4 0 4 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 85 Mansour 7 4 0 54 20 86 Martin 4 2 0 17 9 80 Reese 4 3 0 32 23 35 Hickman 4 2 1 20 13 42 Matthews 4 4 0 33 21 87 Botello 2 1 0 2 26 84 Atkins 1 0 1 0 7 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 55 Jin 0 26 74 Cobb 0 26 68 Howard 0 26 67 Horner 0 26 73 Huntley 0 24 42 Matthews 0 21 69 Parker 0 2 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 94 Bennett 1.0 0 2 33 40 Sutton 1.0 0 0 38 50 Nelson 1.0 0 0 10 53 Cox 0.0 0 1 40 91 Reed 0.0 0 2 26 31 Satterlee 0.0 0 0 32 95 McElroy 0.0 0 0 30 59 Gibbons 0.0 0 0 30 45 Burgraff 0.0 0 0 30 75 Conway 0.0 0 1 19 38 Hunsinger 0.0 0 0 28 36 Lincoln 0.0 0 0 27 71 Morlock 0.0 0 0 22 99 Blanchard 0.0 0 0 21 92 Brown 0.0 0 0 17 44 Pearson 0.0 0 0 17 39 Wooden 0.0 0 0 16 57 Lehman 0.0 0 0 6 41 Metzenbaum 0.0 0 0 4 26 Spencer 0.0 0 0 3 98 Tyler 0.0 0 0 2 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 36 Lincoln 4 0 0 27 53 Cox 3 0 0 40 31 Satterlee 3 0 0 32 59 Gibbons 3 0 0 30 38 Hunsinger 2 1 0 28 39 Wooden 2 0 0 16 95 McElroy 1 2 1 30 45 Burgraff 1 0 1 30 40 Sutton 1 0 0 38 92 Brown 1 0 0 17 44 Pearson 1 0 0 17 50 Nelson 1 0 0 10 94 Bennett 0 0 0 33 91 Reed 0 0 0 26 71 Morlock 0 0 0 22 99 Blanchard 0 0 0 21 75 Conway 0 0 0 19 57 Lehman 0 0 0 6 41 Metzenbaum 0 0 0 4 26 Spencer 0 0 0 3 98 Tyler 0 0 0 2 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 53 Cox 8 2 19 40 36 Lincoln 6 1 13 27 31 Satterlee 4 2 14 32 94 Bennett 4 1 16 33 59 Gibbons 3 2 15 30 95 McElroy 3 1 16 30 38 Hunsinger 3 1 14 28 39 Wooden 3 1 6 16 40 Sutton 3 0 19 38 44 Pearson 3 0 6 17 45 Burgraff 2 1 11 30 50 Nelson 2 0 4 10 54 Lane 2 0 0 0 75 Conway 1 2 11 19 41 Metzenbaum 1 1 2 4 92 Brown 1 0 11 17 57 Lehman 0 1 2 6 91 Reed 0 0 11 26 99 Blanchard 0 0 11 21 71 Morlock 0 0 8 22 26 Spencer 0 0 0 3 98 Tyler 0 0 0 2

Oh, dear. Major malfunctions. Touchdowns on an interception and on a kickoff return. Injured quarterback. It’s just not good news.

Portland stayed on the ground and just pounded this one out – they win the turnover battle 3-0, they run the ball effectively – it’s a bit surprising that it was this close. QB Harry Ross will miss at least a few games, so we have some reshuffling to do – this probably puts Hilton Boner back in the saddle, at leat for now. We also will be without TE Clyde Rego for a few weeks – an important weapon for us underneath. FB Charles Emerson will fill in at the TE slot, but it’s a loss of overall talent regardless.

Disappointing loss, and now we face a bit of an uphill climb. Portland finished last season at 9-7, and showed signs of life – now they are squarely in the driver’s seat in the division race:

Code:
NC East W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Portland 5 1 0 .833 142 104 5-0 2-0 Chesapeake 3 2 0 .600 113 98 2-2 1-1 South Carolina 3 3 0 .500 137 140 2-3 0-1 Dodge City 1 4 0 .200 90 111 1-3 0-1
Old 10-07-2005, 01:06 PM   #149
QuikSand
lolzcat

Week 8: Duluth (2-3) at Chesapeake (3-2)

This is a good week to get back on the right foot, playing at home against a team we (on paper) overmatch. Duluth has an excellent quarterback, which is always dangerous – but their supporting cast isn’t that strong, and we are favorites here.

We make a game plan shift, dropping to a 3-4 defense, and putting another LB on the field. Hilton Boner is back in at QB for the injured Harry Ross, but that shouldn’t alter our offensive thinking too much.

Code:
Box Score: Duluth at Chesapeake Chesapeake, PA. Week 7, 2008 Attendance: 62,700 (65,700). Weather: 75 degrees, rain. 1Q: 08:28 DUL - Magglio Ulloa 51 pass from Ted McKenzie. 1Q: 08:28 DUL - Richard Kozlowski extra point. 1Q: 06:18 DUL - Richard Kozlowski 53 field goal. 1Q: 03:32 CHE - Clay Lannon 5 pass from Hilton Boner. 1Q: 03:32 CHE - David Everhart extra point failed. 2Q: 14:30 CHE - David Everhart 43 field goal. 2Q: 05:45 DUL - Magglio Ulloa 2 pass from Ted McKenzie. 2Q: 05:45 DUL - Richard Kozlowski extra point. 2Q: 01:30 CHE - David Everhart 30 field goal. 3Q: 07:56 CHE - David Everhart 21 field goal. 4Q: 08:09 CHE - David Everhart 48 field goal. 4Q: 03:58 CHE - David Everhart 38 field goal. 4Q: 00:03 DUL - Marlon Terrell 20 pass from Ted McKenzie. 4Q: 00:03 DUL - Richard Kozlowski extra point. Game MVP: DUL 10 Ted McKenzie Duluth 10 7 0 7 - 24 Chesapeake 6 6 3 6 - 21 Team Statistics DUL CHE First Downs 19 15 Total Rushes 31 22 Rushing Yards 75 49 Yards Per Carry 2.4 2.2 Pass Attempts 40 34 Completions 25 20 Passing Yards 298 279 Yards Per Attempt 7.4 8.2 Sacked 1 0 Yards Lost 5 0 Interceptions 0 1 Fumbles/Lost 1/0 1/1 Total Plays 72 56 Total Yards 368 328 Yards Per Play 5.1 5.8 3rd Down Plays 8/18 5/13 Avg. YTG on 3rd 8.5 9.6 4th Down Plays 2/2 0/0 Penalties 7 5 Penalty Yards 56 33 Avg. Drive Start OWN 24 OWN 37 Time Of Possession 33:51 26:09 Duluth Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 43 Shea 20 24 1.2 7 0 23 de los Santos 6 25 4.1 11 0 10 McKenzie 3 20 6.6 9 0 46 Collier 2 6 3.0 5 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 10 McKenzie 40 25 298 7.4 51 3 0 1 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 86 Ulloa 9 135 15.0 70 51 2 13 Tucker 5 36 7.2 3 12 0 82 Stefanski 3 29 9.6 7 18 0 85 Terrell 3 45 15.0 1 20 1 87 Goodwin 2 15 7.5 2 12 0 22 Dunn 1 6 6.0 0 6 0 43 Shea 1 6 6.0 2 6 0 80 Battle 1 26 26.0 13 26 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 82 Stefanski 3 46 15.3 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 9 Williams 6 222 37.0 46 1 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 6 Kozlowski 1 2 53 3 3 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 59 Parra 8 3 0.0 0 0 0 31 Dunn 7 3 0.0 0 0 0 50 Rutland 7 1 0.0 0 0 0 25 Marez 6 1 0.0 1 0 0 91 Armor 5 2 0.0 0 0 0 33 Sprenger 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 27 Magnuson 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 26 Zoto 2 3 0.0 0 0 0 21 Harding 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 86 Ulloa 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 58 Baltazar 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 95 Shepherd 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 80 Battle 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 78 Herndon 0 1 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 58 Baltazar 0 0 0 0 2 1 67 Walker 0 0 0 0 2 0 23 de los Santos 1 0 1 0 0 0 33 Sprenger 0 1 0 0 0 0 51 Swift 0 0 0 0 1 0 34 Olivares 0 0 1 0 0 0 64 Pennington 0 0 0 0 1 0 Chesapeake Individual Statistics Rushing Att Yards Avg Long TD 24 Criswell 11 24 2.1 10 0 41 Morimasa 10 23 2.3 5 0 7 Boner 1 2 2.0 2 0 Passing Att Comp Yards Yd/Att Long TD Int Sckd 7 Boner 34 20 279 8.2 49 1 1 0 Receiving Catch Yards Avg YAC Long TD 41 Morimasa 5 59 11.8 35 18 0 82 Lannon 5 26 5.2 13 8 1 81 Berkey 4 76 19.0 27 49 0 80 Castellano 2 37 18.5 10 23 0 83 Newbury 1 11 11.0 0 11 0 87 Meneses 1 29 29.0 10 29 0 42 Emerson 1 8 8.0 0 8 0 84 Madison 1 33 33.0 7 33 0 Punt Returns Att Yards Avg TD 84 Madison 2 18 9.0 0 Kick Returns Att Yards Avg TD 27 Rankin 3 83 27.6 0 36 Carr 2 48 24.0 0 Punting Punts Yards Avg Long In20 6 Embry 3 100 33.3 39 0 Kicking FG FGA Long PAT Att 19 Everhart 5 5 48 0 1 Defense Tackle Assist Sack Int IntYds IntTD 56 Kuykendall 7 1 0.5 0 0 0 36 Carr 7 1 0.0 0 0 0 34 Nave 7 0 0.0 0 0 0 40 Plata 6 3 0.0 0 0 0 95 Watkins 5 5 0.0 0 0 0 92 Buxton 3 4 0.0 0 0 0 39 Raab 3 1 0.0 0 0 0 58 Galvan 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 31 Padgett 3 0 0.0 0 0 0 51 Shepard 2 1 0.0 0 0 0 72 Kershner 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 57 Dennis 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 35 Scanlon 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 21 McCartney 2 0 0.0 0 0 0 93 Bradham 1 2 0.5 0 0 0 98 Hall 1 2 0.0 0 0 0 7 Boner 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 91 Harrold 1 0 0.0 0 0 0 Miscellaneous Fumb FForc Recov MiscTD KeyRBlk SckAlwd 55 Wallace 0 0 0 0 1 0 58 Galvan 0 1 0 0 0 0 62 Gourdine 0 0 0 0 1 0 42 Emerson 0 0 0 0 1 0 66 Schmit 0 0 0 0 1 0 27 Rankin 1 0 0 0 0 0 Duluth Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 13:28 2:16 OWN 33 4 30 Missed FG 1 9:10 0:42 OWN 23 2 77 Touchdown 1 8:18 2:00 OPP 36 3 0 Field Goal 1 3:32 2:04 OWN 14 3 -12 Punt 2 14:30 8:45 OWN 8 16 92 Touchdown 2 1:30 1:30 OWN 25 5 11 Half 3 15:00 1:25 OWN 20 3 2 Punt 3 7:56 1:35 OWN 20 3 1 Punt 3 5:29 3:57 OWN 20 8 29 Punt 4 14:51 3:36 OWN 23 6 19 Punt 4 8:09 1:31 OWN 20 3 5 Punt 4 3:58 3:55 OWN 22 16 78 Touchdown Chesapeake Drive Chart Quar Began Poss From Plays Yards Result 1 15:00 1:32 OWN 27 3 1 Punt 1 11:12 2:02 OWN 44 3 1 Punt 1 6:18 2:46 OWN 31 5 69 Touchdown 1 1:28 1:58 OPP 45 5 19 Field Goal 2 5:45 4:15 OWN 34 10 53 Field Goal 3 13:35 5:39 OWN 47 12 49 Field Goal 3 6:21 0:52 OWN 39 2 29 Interception 3 1:32 1:41 OWN 29 5 19 Punt 4 11:15 3:06 OWN 20 7 49 Field Goal 4 6:38 2:40 OWN 45 5 34 Field Goal Duluth Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 1 1 0 Chesapeake Red Zone Profile Visits TDs FGs 3 1 2 Duluth Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 12 12 1.0 Middle 17 55 3.2 Right 2 8 4.0 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 58 Baltazar 2 9 24 67 Walker 2 2 26 64 Pennington 1 2 31 51 Swift 1 3 7 61 Rumph 0 6 31 77 Fuller 0 3 31 86 Ulloa 0 1 24 46 Collier 0 0 17 65 Harmon 0 1 5 22 Dunn 0 1 5 80 Battle 0 0 6 83 Stratico 0 0 1 Duluth Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 3 2 17 5.6 Short (0-8 Yds) 17 13 117 6.8 Medium (9-18 Yds) 15 9 144 9.6 Long (19+ Yds) 5 1 20 4.0 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 10 McKenzie 40 25 0 1 6 3 5 0 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 86 Ulloa 12 9 0 135 35 82 Stefanski 8 3 0 29 26 87 Goodwin 6 2 0 15 18 13 Tucker 6 5 0 36 18 85 Terrell 4 3 1 45 36 22 Dunn 1 1 0 6 10 46 Collier 1 0 0 0 29 43 Shea 1 1 0 6 21 80 Battle 1 1 0 26 5 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 77 Fuller 0 41 61 Rumph 0 41 64 Pennington 0 41 58 Baltazar 1 40 67 Walker 0 36 46 Collier 0 29 22 Dunn 0 10 65 Harmon 0 5 51 Swift 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 78 Herndon 0.0 1 1 34 50 Rutland 0.0 0 1 34 75 Dong 0.0 0 2 16 59 Parra 0.0 0 0 34 31 Dunn 0.0 0 0 33 91 Armor 0.0 0 0 32 21 Harding 0.0 0 0 31 25 Marez 0.0 0 0 29 26 Zoto 0.0 0 0 27 98 Brookes 0.0 0 0 24 79 Armand 0.0 0 0 17 95 Shepherd 0.0 0 0 17 94 Reese 0.0 0 0 17 33 Sprenger 0.0 0 0 15 27 Magnuson 0.0 0 0 8 40 Fugate 0.0 0 0 5 92 Samuels 0.0 0 0 1 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 25 Marez 6 0 1 29 91 Armor 3 1 0 32 31 Dunn 2 1 0 33 33 Sprenger 2 1 0 15 50 Rutland 2 0 0 34 21 Harding 2 0 0 31 26 Zoto 2 0 0 27 27 Magnuson 1 0 0 8 59 Parra 0 0 0 34 78 Herndon 0 0 0 34 98 Brookes 0 0 0 24 79 Armand 0 0 0 17 95 Shepherd 0 0 0 17 94 Reese 0 0 0 17 75 Dong 0 0 0 16 40 Fugate 0 0 0 5 92 Samuels 0 0 0 1 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 59 Parra 8 3 22 34 31 Dunn 7 3 21 33 50 Rutland 7 1 22 34 25 Marez 6 1 20 29 91 Armor 5 2 18 32 33 Sprenger 3 1 10 15 27 Magnuson 3 0 5 8 26 Zoto 2 3 18 27 21 Harding 2 1 22 31 95 Shepherd 1 0 13 17 78 Herndon 0 1 22 34 98 Brookes 0 0 14 24 94 Reese 0 0 15 17 79 Armand 0 0 7 17 75 Dong 0 0 7 16 40 Fugate 0 0 4 5 92 Samuels 0 0 2 1 Chesapeake Rushing Breakdown Direction Rush Yards Ave Left 7 26 3.7 Middle 8 14 1.7 Right 7 9 1.2 None 0 0 0.0 Run Blocking KeyBlks BlkOpps RunPlays 62 Gourdine 1 7 22 55 Wallace 1 5 22 66 Schmit 1 2 22 42 Emerson 1 1 6 70 Boyd 0 4 22 79 Tilton 0 2 22 82 Lannon 0 0 20 41 Morimasa 0 0 13 Chesapeake Passing Breakdown Distance Pass Comp Yards Ave Screen 8 6 47 5.8 Short (0-8 Yds) 12 6 39 3.2 Medium (9-18 Yds) 9 5 82 9.1 Long (19+ Yds) 5 3 111 22.2 Passing Attempt Comp BdThrw Dropd Defnsd Blockd Hurried Intrcpt 7 Boner 34 20 3 2 3 1 4 1 Receiving Target Caught Dropd Yards PassPlay 87 Meneses 8 1 1 29 28 41 Morimasa 6 5 0 59 16 81 Berkey 6 4 1 76 20 82 Lannon 6 5 0 26 27 80 Castellano 4 2 0 37 25 83 Newbury 1 1 0 11 19 24 Criswell 1 0 0 0 18 42 Emerson 1 1 0 8 14 84 Madison 1 1 0 33 2 Pass Block SckAlwd PassPlay 62 Gourdine 0 34 79 Tilton 0 34 70 Boyd 0 34 66 Schmit 0 34 55 Wallace 0 33 41 Morimasa 0 16 42 Emerson 0 14 52 Houtz 0 1 Pass Rush Sacks PsBlks Hurries PassPlay 93 Bradham 0.5 2 0 32 56 Kuykendall 0.5 0 0 33 98 Hall 0.0 1 3 41 92 Buxton 0.0 0 2 40 95 Watkins 0.0 0 0 41 39 Raab 0.0 0 0 41 40 Plata 0.0 0 0 41 34 Nave 0.0 0 0 37 58 Galvan 0.0 0 0 36 36 Carr 0.0 0 0 36 31 Padgett 0.0 0 0 22 91 Harrold 0.0 0 0 17 51 Shepard 0.0 0 0 11 35 Scanlon 0.0 0 0 11 72 Kershner 0.0 0 0 10 26 Birkland 0.0 0 0 2 Pass Defense Caught Defnsd Intrcpt PassPlay 36 Carr 5 0 0 36 40 Plata 4 1 0 41 39 Raab 3 1 0 41 34 Nave 3 1 0 37 95 Watkins 3 0 0 41 58 Galvan 2 1 0 36 56 Kuykendall 2 1 0 33 91 Harrold 1 0 0 17 51 Shepard 1 0 0 11 35 Scanlon 1 0 0 11 31 Padgett 0 1 0 22 98 Hall 0 0 0 41 92 Buxton 0 0 0 40 93 Bradham 0 0 0 32 72 Kershner 0 0 0 10 26 Birkland 0 0 0 2 Defense Tackles Assists RunPlay PassPlay 36 Carr 7 1 28 36 56 Kuykendall 7 1 24 33 34 Nave 7 0 27 37 40 Plata 6 3 31 41 95 Watkins 5 5 31 41 92 Buxton 3 4 31 40 39 Raab 3 1 31 41 58 Galvan 3 0 30 36 31 Padgett 3 0 12 22 51 Shepard 2 1 16 11 35 Scanlon 2 0 8 11 72 Kershner 2 0 6 10 57 Dennis 2 0 1 0 21 McCartney 2 0 1 0 98 Hall 1 2 31 41 93 Bradham 1 2 25 32 91 Harrold 1 0 6 17 26 Birkland 0 0 2 2

Oh, good lord. Leading by four with four minutes to go. Doom ensues, of course.

Whose fault is this, though? our running game was just dreadful, and most of our aerial attack was underneath stuff as well – just not a very aggressive offense. We need to capitalize on those red zone oprtunitites, rather than kick four straight field goals, and we win this game fairly easily.

Very bad loss. We drop to 3-3, and are in a very tough spot for this season. In a few short weeks, we have plummeted from the league’s second tier of contenders to a team that has to be wondering whether we need to “blow things up” and start the hell over. We might end up just spinning our wheels this year, grinding out 7 or 8 wins, and just costing ourselves a good draft pick.

Code:
NC East W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Portland 5 1 0 .833 142 104 5-0 2-0 South Carolina 4 3 0 .571 175 149 3-3 1-1 Chesapeake 3 3 0 .500 134 122 2-3 1-1 Dodge City 1 5 0 .167 99 149 1-4 0-2

Ugh.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:52 AM   #150
QuikSand
lolzcat

Chesapeake (3-3) at Davis (1-5)

Road game, but one we need to win, for obvious reasons. Boner still in at QB, we intend to be on the attack all game long.

Code:
RESERVED FOR FUTURE USE

Regrettably, I have no boxscore to post. I neglected to pick up the file right after the “live” sim, and a mid-stage file has since replaced the one that contained the box scores.

It may be for the better, anyway – we once again manage to lose to the dreaded “fourth quarter comeback” and watch our substantial early lead chipped away and eclipsed in the final moments of the game. Two weeks in a row, we fall apart down the stretch and choke away a big game.

Davis 23, Chesapeake 20.

As for this season – I think we’re done. We travel to 6-1 Wheeling next, and they are a far superior team to us. We sit at 3-4 on the year, and while that nominally has us still ion the wild card hunt, our team looks awful and I don’t see much reason to get excited looking forward.

We’ll get Harry Ross back in at QB next week, but he hasn’t made a real difference in the offense. We simply don’t have any real talent at the skill positions, and with our offensive style, that is suicide. Losing WR Mark Jackson took away our best talent at WR, and we have never really had a legitimate threat at RB in this team’s history. The defense is playing pretty well, but certainly not well enough to carry our anemic defense on its back.

Not too promising.