Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2005, 04:22 PM   #351
hoopsguy
General Manager

If I was picking someone to point the finger at on the junk water mission, it would be the scientist. He is the one that has the greatest impact on success/failure of the water collection. But any one of the people on the mission yesterday could have become inflicted (10% chance each). And while I think he would make a good candidate for conversion, based on what Barkeep relayed he would be a spawnling at this point and unable to actively sabotage if he was targeted last night. Sigh.

What is a little frustrating is if they didn't know they were infected yesterday and now join the spawn today without having any chance of saving themselves.

I understand the logic of pointing the finger at the new guys. But as one of the new guys in the mix I'm concerned about a strategy that suggests I'm working against my crewmates.

Vince/Raiders - I think it might be a good idea to check out Dubb tomorrow. If he is spawn material it is going to make future water runs very challenging. You can rotate the rest of us in and out of the group, but since the scientist has a big impact on results you want him along every time if he is clean.

Was KWhit scoped this morning prior to the water run? Or yesterday? Or not at all and my mind is playing tricks on me? I'll be back later this afternoon to dig this up if no one else has responded to this question.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:24 PM   #352
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
unless i missed the post, bug never reported to the engine room today
That is correct.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #353
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Inactivity kills in this game.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:30 PM   #354
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Hmm... that's a little suspicious. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to be around to answer for it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #355
Vince
Pro Starter

While I think Dubb is a great candidate for conversion, remember that 2 spawn tried a Spawnling conversion attack on me last night. Only the Spawn Queen can launch a conversion attack, so no one was converted last night. The only way someone was converted was by the random 10% modifier for the away team.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:31 PM   #356
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Inactivity is a major issue in any WW game, I've seen it become a problem at really critical times in other games.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 09-07-2005, 04:35 PM   #357
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Inactivity kills in this game.

Exactly.

Also, this game is going to get a whole lot more interesting if people don't even know they were infected. I agree with Jeff that it makes the most sense for the spawns to go after the doctors or scientist versus our captain or ships' officers. By going after the dr.'s or scientist, they would gain the most by keeping their infections a secret from the majority.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:38 PM   #358
Vince
Pro Starter

I don't know about the most sense -- the ability to order other (non-spawn) people around is pretty significant.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:40 PM   #359
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Indeed, but unlike Doctors, it's pretty obvious when they are taking advantage of their post.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #360
saldana
Pro Starter

so based on vince's arguments (which i find to be totally logical concerning his attack, curing, and lack of an overnight conversion) we really are at a coin toss between one of the 3 guys who didnt go out yesterday having been a spawn since the beginning, or one of the 5 that did go out yesterday having become a spawnling during the first mission and a full spawn overnight.

so if we have it narrowed down to 8 guys, i dont know other than take a random shot into those 8, so i think we should go by long term (apparent) value, so i say again we should pick a red shirt. (sorry guys)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 04:49 PM   #361
Schmidty
Coordinator

I already tried to defend myself earlier, but like in every game like this I never seem very persuasive. Oh, if I'm lynched, I'll get my normal apology, but it still sucks to always be unable to stop it.

The only thing I can say is that until yesterday late in the afternoon, I hadn't even checked this thread in more than 2 days or so. I didn't have a strategy yesterday, other than to protect the highest-up that I could/needed to (KWhit).

As far as being in the away team, I didn't even know that I'd be in it until this morning, so how could I have sabotaged it that quickly? Wouldn't the spawns have to PM Barkeep about that as a night action? The rules are complicated, and I don't understand them all, but I thought that was the case. If so, I would have had to have fore-knowledge about it, and I didn't.

Anyway, I suggest that Vince and others think this through very carefully, as lynching me will do nothing more than help the spawn get one step closer to a win.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:51 PM   #362
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
so based on vince's arguments (which i find to be totally logical concerning his attack, curing, and lack of an overnight conversion) we really are at a coin toss between one of the 3 guys who didnt go out yesterday having been a spawn since the beginning, or one of the 5 that did go out yesterday having become a spawnling during the first mission and a full spawn overnight.

so if we have it narrowed down to 8 guys, i dont know other than take a random shot into those 8, so i think we should go by long term (apparent) value, so i say again we should pick a red shirt. (sorry guys)

Dola.

What's a red shirt?
Old 09-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #363
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

A Private.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #364
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Dola.

What's a red shirt?

in the original star trek, the guys that went on away teams with kirk and spock always wore red shirts, never had names, and always got whacked...in the player roles description for privates, barkeep says they are just standard redshirt crewmembers
Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #365
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think we should limit ourselves to writing off everyone who was in the first away team trip. They were feeling out the day just like us, who knows what they did or did not do day one.

Old 09-07-2005, 04:53 PM   #366
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
in the original star trek, the guys that went on away teams with kirk and spock always wore red shirts, never had names, and always got whacked...in the player roles description for privates, barkeep says they are just standard redshirt crewmembers

Ah, ok.
Old 09-07-2005, 04:57 PM   #367
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Right now, I suggest Penny, Pass or Marc. I don't see a convincing reason to go after one of the other roles.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:01 PM   #368
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I don't know about the most sense -- the ability to order other (non-spawn) people around is pretty significant.

It seems as though most of us are involved in the decision making. If one of the leading roles started dishing out orders that didn't mesh with what the majority was thinking, I think we could pick up on it pretty quick. There's almost no way we could know the Doctor or the Nurse was converted.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #369
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't think we should limit ourselves to writing off everyone who was in the first away team trip. They were feeling out the day just like us, who knows what they did or did not do day one.

thats not what i am saying, but we have no specific evidence against anyone,. all i am saying is that they are the only ones we have ANY reason to suspect because they were off the ship yesterday and if they were infected, would have had time to become spawn.

if we work from the assumption that the 2 spawn that attacked vince last night were the only ones on the ship from the beginning, and since they failed to convert him, the only new spawn on board would have to be one of the 5 guys from yesterday's team.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #370
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Right now, I suggest Penny, Pass or Marc. I don't see a convincing reason to go after one of the other roles.

i agree.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #371
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

That wasn't written in response to you.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #372
Schmidty
Coordinator

I have my suspiscions, but since I'm already on the block, I refuse to piss off anyone. Sorry guys, but I can't help right now.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #373
saldana
Pro Starter

oh, never mind then
Old 09-07-2005, 05:07 PM   #374
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I would hope you would decide not to lynch me because you'd also only be helping the spawn get closer to their goal.

Barkeep, am I crazy, or do I remember you mentioning that privates MAY have secret roles?
Old 09-07-2005, 05:10 PM   #375
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Admittedly I am looking at Pennywise. But I wouldn't feel so good voting for him while the other two privates are far less active. Else I probably would of gotten the party started 15 minutes ago.

Quote:
I would hope you would decide not to lynch me because you'd also only be helping the spawn get closer to their goal.

Who's not going to say that .

Old 09-07-2005, 05:12 PM   #376
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
It seems as though most of us are involved in the decision making. If one of the leading roles started dishing out orders that didn't mesh with what the majority was thinking, I think we could pick up on it pretty quick. There's almost no way we could know the Doctor or the Nurse was converted.

I think it'd be a pretty solid tactic to order a security detail to defend one area while the Spawn knew that they were attacking another...
Old 09-07-2005, 05:13 PM   #377
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

And the second that happened the heat would be on the captain and a doctor could check him out.

The only way a doctor gets found out is if someone he clears gets killed and revealed as a spawn. Even then he can try to argue out of it, since there may be no one left to check him.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #378
SnDvls
Pro Starter

did we ever get confirmation from Barkeep what was protected last night by the Security Crewman per the rules?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:19 PM   #379
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola

if anything as Fouts said he did a Spy instead of protect
Old 09-07-2005, 05:20 PM   #380
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I'm out the door to work. I really don't think my grounds for voting Schmidty are very strong, so feel free to ignore the subject of the vote. But really, we need to vote today. Start establishing patterns, perhaps get lucky. We need something to go on for tomorrow, and successive days. We can't be certain that whoever they target tonight will be cured the next day, like I was today.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:21 PM   #381
Blade6119
Coordinator

Pennywise and Pass were in the brig last night with saldana and lathum. If vince said he was attackedf last night it was not any of these four. Straight forward, no room for misinterpretation. If vince was attacked by two last night, it was not any of these four.

Sorry, some people seemed to forget i tossed them in the brig last night for the exact reason of them being on the away mission
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html

Last edited by Blade6119 : 09-07-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:22 PM   #382
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And the second that happened the heat would be on the captain and a doctor could check him out.

The only way a doctor gets found out is if someone he clears gets killed and revealed as a spawn. Even then he can try to argue out of it, since there may be no one left to check him.

Exactly, it'd be worth so much more to go after the Doc or the Nurse because we wouldn't know they had been converted until someone was outed which could be a while yet.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:23 PM   #383
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Ah yes. Thanks for the reminder Blade , sorry Penny.

Vote Marc Vaughan

I suppose, but I really don't feel confident. Need to get something going though,

Old 09-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #384
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Pennywise and Pass were in the brig last night with saldana and lathum. If vince said he was attackedf last night it was not any of these four. Straight forward, no room for misinterpretation. If vince was attacked by two last night, it was not any of these four.

Sorry, some people seemed to forget i tossed them in the brig last night for the exact reason of them being on the away mission

Good job Blade. I forgot that I was in the Brig so this at least clears me for last night.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #385
saldana
Pro Starter

good show blade

vote: marc vaughan
Old 09-07-2005, 05:31 PM   #386
Schmidty
Coordinator

I see Bug in the thread, and I'm wondering why he hasn't said a word....
Old 09-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #387
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well I need to vote and it's time to leave work so.

vote Marc Vaughan
Old 09-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #388
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I see Bug in the thread, and I'm wondering why he hasn't said a word....

or fixed the engines
Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #389
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
or fixed the engines

Now he's just left the thread without saying a word again. Very wierd.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #390
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

The first vote always sucks because its basically like throwing someone to the wolves unless we get really lucky. I agree that the ones to be suspicious of would be people who were involved in the away missions but weren't thrown in the brig last night. Because of this I guess I'm gonna have to jump on the bandwagon and Vote Marc Vaughan

If you turn out to be innocent I'm sorry but I think its very important for us NOT to miss another vote.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:38 PM   #391
MrBug708
Head Coach

1) I just came around
2) I'm overwhelmed by this thread
3) I was fixing the engines last night
4) I could chose to rest instead of fix the engines
5) I really have nothing to add
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #392
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Bug, send a PM to fix up the engine room.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #393
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Bug resting is only for night, you need to be fixing the engine room now.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:40 PM   #394
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I too agree that Bug's actions are very intriguing at this point. I would love an explanation from him as to why he's doing what he's doing (or not doing what he should be doing)
Old 09-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #395
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

He did work on them all night... but it doesn't look like there's any "recovery" today, so it would be nice if he would pitch in and help the rest of us out.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:41 PM   #396
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywisesb
I too agree that Bug's actions are very intriguing at this point. I would love an explanation from him as to why he's doing what he's doing (or not doing what he should be doing)

In case you missed Josh

http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~fof/foru...&postcount=391
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #397
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, looks like I'm late on that, as I was checking back on the rules to make sure there wasn't a daytime rest option.

Old 09-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #398
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I worked on them all night as well. Doing nothing all day accomplishes nothing, you rest tonight and work on the engine room today.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #399
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708

Well, I guess that makes sense then, but we need to vote soon, so chime in as soon as you get a chance.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:43 PM   #400
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Kinda sucks to drum a first-timer out of the game right off, but absent a better option I'll join the crowd after Marc.