Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #51
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
Right now I'm 149.0, which is about a pound lighter than last week. Last night at the gym I ran my 3 miles in 29:37. While its a personal best its far from where I want it to be still.

Yesterday I was complemented on my recent weight loss by a girl I used to like. I have to say I'm rather happy about that.

149!!! Damn you should be running a 21 min 5k..

biological warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:54 PM   #52
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

did I mention that I'm only 5'3? 149 is overweight for me (if BMI is anything to go by)

Also, with some digging I found a picture of me

not exactly best for comparing fitness levels though
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 10:23 AM   #53
Lorena
Unregistered

My Plan
I've been following the South Beach Diet for a week. Out of these 7 days, I was pretty bad for about 4 meals and it hindered my weight loss, but a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

My workouts

I have been walking most days of the weeks pushing my son on a stroller through our neighborhood. I need to change our route a little so it doesn't get boring; but I've been keeping up with it which is an accomplishment in itself.

Stats
Starting weight: 194.4
Current Weight: 192.8
Loss: 1.6 lbs

Plans for the upcoming week
Stay on track with South Beach, drink more water, and sneak in a different exercise.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:07 AM   #54
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, but I weighed in at 216.4, a loss of just over 8.5 pounds for the first week. I always seem to lose huge amounts during the first week or so. My goal is to add in some exercise and definitely some sit ups/crunches, as my waistline is my biggest issue. The facial fat will go away as the pounds drop, but I need to tighten up the stomach and try to do away with the "second stomach" (just below the waistline) I started developing.

So far, so good. My wife lost about 5 pounds and is pleased.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:05 PM   #55
Logan
Head Coach

Nice work!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #56
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Here's a current pic of me taken this after noon, just click on the link.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=72827060
Old 09-22-2006, 09:11 PM   #57
biological warrior
High School Varsity

This thing still alive?
Old 09-23-2006, 10:30 AM   #58
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by biological warrior View Post
This thing still alive?

Of course it is!

My Friday morning weigh-in turned into a Saturday morning weigh-in due to the fact that it was impossible to get out of bed for work yesterday, so my routine was all messed up.

Start: 234.5 lbs (9/4/06)
Previous: 226.5 lbs (9/15/06)
Current: 224.5 lbs (9/23/06)
Goal: 195 lbs (3/4/06)

I was a little nervous getting on the scale, since my exercising was basically non-existant this week. But I'm fine with the results, since my eating habits are still strong.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #59
Lorena
Unregistered

This week
Followed South Beach Phase 2 but got carried away with bread and had a carb overload yesterday.

My workouts
I've done well with my workouts. I have successfully walked most days of the week pushing my son on the stroller for at least half an hour at a time.

Stats

Starting weight on 09/09/06: 194.4
Current Weight: 191.8
Loss this week: -1.0 lbs
Total loss: -2.6 lbs

I lost a whopping 1 lb for the week, so I'll have to up my protein intake and take it easy on the bread and flour. Keep on track with South Beach and walk for longer distances.

Grats to everyone for doing so well! Ksyrup a whopping 8.5 lbs your first week, that's pretty damn awesome. Logan, you're not doing so bad yourself, every little bit counts towards that final goal.

Keep up the good work all
Old 09-24-2006, 10:23 AM   #60
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
This week
Followed South Beach Phase 2 but got carried away with bread and had a carb overload yesterday.

My workouts
I've done well with my workouts. I have successfully walked most days of the week pushing my son on the stroller for at least half an hour at a time.

Stats

Current Weight: 191.8
Total loss: -2.6 lbs

I lost a whopping 1 lb for the week, so I'll have to up my protein intake and take it easy on the bread and flour. Keep on track with South Beach and walk for longer distances.

Grats to everyone for doing so well! Ksyrup a whopping 8.5 lbs your first week, that's pretty damn awesome. Logan, you're not doing so bad yourself, every little bit counts towards that final goal.

Keep up the good work all

I'm off toweigh myself in, as long as I lose at least 1-3 lbs. i'll be happy.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 PM   #61
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Weighed on at 179.1 lbs. Lost 1.5 lbs. I probably could have lost more -should have not eaten and drank this week.- Ho[ing I get down to 175 lbs by next week.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:23 PM   #62
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Weighed on at 179.1 lbs. Lost 1.5 lbs. I probably could have lost more -should have not eaten and drank this week.- Ho[ing I get down to 175 lbs by next week.

Grats! I'm sure you can get it done by next week. I'll set the same weight loss of 4 lbs like you.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #63
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Remember just click on the myspace link to see my current pic.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:52 AM   #64
Ksyrup

Had a decent week, with the expected drop-off from my big first-week loss. I still haven't really done any exercise, although I did some sit-ups one night, which I plan to do on a more regular basis. I lost 4 pounds this week.

Start: 225.0 lbs (9/10/06)
Previous: 216.5 lbs (9/17/06)
Current: 212.5 lbs (9/24/06)
Goal: 175 lbs (3/31/07)

So, I've lost 12.5 pounds in 2 weeks. With some added exercise, it would be nice to keep up a 4 pounds/week average. We'll see.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-25-2006 at 06:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2006, 08:17 AM   #65
JeeberD
General Manager

Made it back to the gym this morning for the first time since the wedding, and weighed in at 210.2 (before breakfast). I would like to get down to an even 200, but really at this point I'm going to be putting more emphasis on muscle gain than weight loss. But I'll still be doing my fair share of cardio to keep the fat off.

It sucked, though. After not going to the gym in about five weeks I was weak as hell. I couldn't lift nearly as much as I was putting up before. Lesson learned for the future.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:11 AM   #66
Ksyrup

A quick recommendation for dieters who are eating a lot of salad - I've found that the Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard and Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressings are excellent.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:28 AM   #67
Ksyrup

Where is everybody? Let's hear some updates!

My weigh-in from yesterday was pretty good, I lost another 5 pounds. That brings me to:

Previous: 212.5 lbs (9/24/06)
Current: 207.5 lbs (10/01/06)
Total Loss: 17.5 lbs
Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 AM   #68
JeeberD
General Manager

210.0 after breakfast. Any loss at all suprises me...I half assed it the second half of the week since a) I knew we were going to go to the state fair on Saturday and the diet would be ruined anyways, and b) the wife is stared a very strict diet Sunday and we ate well before she had to give everything up.

This time next week, though, I'm hoping to be down to 208.

Old 10-02-2006, 07:56 AM   #69
Ksyrup

If I can keep up 4-5 pounds a week, I'll be thrilled. I suspect I'll be hitting a lull at some point, though. I haven't really started exercising aside from doing some crunches every night, but I'll probably need to get active to keep up this kind of loss. I've done it before, though, so who knows.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #70
Lorena
Unregistered

This week
No cheating at all! Yay me! BUT, I made a delicious Zucchini Bread that caused me to gain a little bit. Every ingredient in there was legal but having too much of a good thing isn't necessarily good. I also made pizza (with a whole wheat crust) that caused me to stall a bit.

My workouts
I'm still walking most days of the week, but Antmeister and I bought some weights so I'll be incorporating that into my "days off".

Stats
Current Weight: 189.8
Loss this week: -2.0 lbs
Total loss: - 4.6lbs
Loss needed to reach desired goal: 64.8 lbs.

LOL, 2 lb weight loss last week. Even though I've been on track, I can't get away from the bread and tortillas (both whole wheat). When on South Beach, whole wheat is good, but too much of it can cause one to stall and/or gain weight which I have done for the past few weeks. I busted out my Tae Bo workout so I'll work on incorporating that sometime this week. I have lost up to 6 lbs a week on South Beach and these 1 lb weight loss per week ain't gonna work - at this rate, I'll be at my goal weight in over a year... nope, I need to bust my ass this week.

That's it for now... 'til next week. Wow, I didn't realize it was 10/02/06 today, I'll be taking a picture in a week to see the results. It'll be interesting to see the difference, I can't tell by looking in the mirror.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:29 PM   #71
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

I received a flier in the mail from Curves asking for volunteers to participate in a fitness study and I decided to do it. The study is so they can emphasize the importance of exercising on a regular basis to their members. At least 3x a week is much better than once in a while. I'll be signing paperwork and will start my first workout this Friday.

This should be interesting; I'm hopeful my weight will drop much faster after this 3 week study is completed.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #72
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well as far as I can tell I am still holding around 260. I have been eating a bit worse than I should be but am still making good choices. Finding time to get to the gym is difficult. I was only able to work out twice last week, and I missed my indoor soccer match with a sprained big toe, and strained left quad. I should be back up for this week's game.

I havn't been able to work out this week, but I did just walk 6 laps at the Mall of America in an hour. By my calculation that would be between 3.5 and 4 miles at the pace that I was walking at.

My clothes are fitting better. My body is certainly changing, but I am having problems with stress taking away my motivation, as well as thinking that maybe I am doing better than I really am.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:23 AM   #73
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
A quick recommendation for dieters who are eating a lot of salad - I've found that the Newman's Own Light Honey Mustard and Low Fat Sesame Ginger dressings are excellent.

I found the Light Honey Mustard several months ago, and the stuff is amazing. Ken's has a Light Balsamic Vinegerette that's pretty damn good, and Kraft has a Fat Free Italian Ceasar that is decent...

Old 10-09-2006, 01:17 AM   #74
Lorena
Unregistered

This was not a good week for me, I didn't feel very well and still don't.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:10 PM   #75
Ksyrup

I lost 3 pounds this week. I still haven't done much exercise other than 50 crunches a night and the occasional family bike ride, so I know it's time to get going. We joined a local recreational center that has a workout area, track, indoor and outdoor pools, and childcare. It's only 3 miles from the house, so I can't complain about it being inconvenient. I want to get back to the 4-5 pounds per week weight loss that I had the first few weeks.

Previous: 207.5 lbs (10/01/06)
Current: 204.5 lbs (10/08/06)
Total Loss: 20.5 lbs
Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #76
Lorena
Unregistered

I haven't weighed myself since sometime early last week so I kinda dreaded stepping on the scale based on what I ate and how I felt last week, but I did it today and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Stats
Current Weight: 188.2
Loss this week: -1.6 lbs
Total loss: - 6.2lbs
Loss needed to reach desired goal: 63.2 lbs.

Little by little. I had my second workout at Curves today and I totally loved it. It's basically non-stop resistance training. I've gone twice already and worked out for half an hour the first day, and 1 hour today. It's so easy I can see myself doing it at least 4 times a week.

I'll be curious to see how much I weigh on Sunday after my workouts.

Last edited by Lorena : 10-11-2006 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:31 AM   #77
Ksyrup

I went to the gym on Monday night for about 45 minutes. I walked .5 mile, then jogged 2.5 miles, then walked another .25 mile. Not bad for my first activity in a long time. My right knee was killing me for about a day, though. I couldn't move it left or right without it hurting, but that's starting to go away. I may go back tonight, depending on how the knee feels.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:44 AM   #78
Ksyrup

I went to the gym again last night. I'm going to try to go 2-3 times a week. Considering the only time I can go is between 7:30-9pm, I won't be going every night. But maybe twice during the work week and once on the weekend is what I'm going to strive for. Since my knee was hurting a bit, I ended up doing the same 30 laps as last time (9 laps per mile), but only ran 2 miles instead of 2.5 and walked the rest. And my knee isn't really hurting today, so I guess it was just soreness from lack of use - as oppsed to an MCL sprain or something!
Old 10-13-2006, 07:43 PM   #79
Lorena
Unregistered

Good for you Ksyrup!

I have successfully gone to the gym 3 times this week and I'm going again tomorrow. Twice I've gone for an hour each. I'm really proud of myself because I've actually committed to going to the gym and actually working out instead of lollygagging around the weights. What's great about Curves is that you are pretty much forced to move from station to station after 30 seconds with no time to think. It makes the time go by super, super fast and I love it.

Since I'm part of this study, it was required that I go 3 times a week for half an hour, but this week, I would have gone 4 times and out of those, 3 of them have been/will be for an hour. The data might be skewed a bit, but the contract didn't state that I HAD to stick with 3 times a week. I weighed myself and gained a little, but I can feel my clothes feeling loose and notice a huge change in my legs.

Til Sunday...
Old 10-13-2006, 09:43 PM   #80
Ksyrup

I'm going again tomorrow morning - if I can get my ass out of bed at 6:30 with the temperature near freezing!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:27 AM   #81
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, my diet sucked but I kicked ass in the workout dept. This week (depending on Antmeister's schedule), I'm planning on going 5 days and 2 out of those days will be 1 hour workouts. If his schedule works in my favor, maybe 3 of those days will be 1 hour workouts. Since my son hasn't really been out, I'll mix in a few walks as well; I think he misses our daily half hour walks.

Stats
Current Weight: 190.0
Gain this week: +1.8 lbs
Total loss: - 4.4 lbs
Loss needed to reach desired goal: 65.0 lbs.

I was a little dissapointed, but my clothes feel loose and my legs, omg, my legs are looking better. Even though Curves is geared towards a "whole body workout", I really bust my ass on the leg machines and I can see the difference.

I gotta stop making that Meat-za (pizza with cornbread as the crust) cuz that's the root of my problems.

So for now, I'll keep on keeping on...
Old 10-16-2006, 08:27 AM   #82
Ksyrup

Had a decent week, my first incorporating workouts. I'm going to try to keep up with the three weekly 45-minute walk/jog sessions for now. That's the best I can do. My mom flew in on Saturday, so I expect to go off-diet for the first time this week. Hopefully I can minimize the damage, because I'm on the cusp of dropping below 200 pounds and am looking forward to that milestone, of sorts. I'm pretty much halfway to where I want to be in terms of weight loss, too.

Previous: 204.5 lbs (10/08/06)
Current: 200.5 lbs (10/15/06)
Total Loss: 24.5 lbs

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-16-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:27 PM   #83
PilotMan
Head Coach

That is outstanding Ksyrup, it is the speed that you are losing that is great.

For me finding time to workout is getting rough. For some reason I am having a hard time getting motivated. I am still watchin what I am eating. I weighed a couple of times this week. I can safely say that I am down to 255.

This would bring my total loss to 22 lbs since the end of July. Also, I ended up at the urgent care for workmans comp. It gave me a chance to get my BP checked. Good news there is that my BP was down over 20 points on the top number, which has been my problem lately.

The holidays are coming and that spells bad news for me.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 12:36 PM   #84
Ksyrup

Yeah, I'm "in a zone" right now. Strangely, the same traits that contributed to me gaining weight very quickly are probably working to help me lose it quickly. I'm clearly an "all or nothing" type eater. Now that I've spent 5 weeks eating small, healthy portions, I'm able to eat even less than I'm supposed to and it doesn't bother me. Conversely, when I wasn't watching what I ate and was just going for what tasted good, I could eat 2 or 3 times a normal portion and it wouldn't bother me, either. Which is not good, but now that I'm on a downward trend, it's become beneficial.

I think I'm on a 1600-1700 calorie plan, but I bet I'm eating only 1000-1200 calories a day. And even adding in the workouts, I don't feel like I don't have energy or anything like that. So I'm going to ride this until it stops!

And I hear you about time for workouts. I leave for work at 7am and get home around 6pm, and by the time we eat and put the kids to sleep, I've got just enough time to get in an hour at the gym until it closes at 9pm. But I only go a couple of time during the week because then I feel like I'm neglecting my wife. It's tough.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-16-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #85
Ksyrup

Well, thanks to my mom being here (and cooking), this week is turning out to be quite the challenge. But yesterday was the end of the festivities for me, and I quickly made my way to the gym last night, increasing my jogging from 2.5 to 3 miles (with a .5 mile walk to begin and end the session). So, I hope I was able to tread water for the past few days, and now I'm back on the diet full-swing. I'm looking forward to seeing a *1* as the first number on the scale very soon.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #86
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Just weighed in for the first time in 2 weeks and I weight 176. Down from 180 lbs.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #87
Lorena
Unregistered

The diet went so-so. This week, I stopped buying that cornbread stuff so no more of that. We've been having pizza (whole-wheat, thin crust) for the past couple of weeks, so I'm gonna stop making those as well. The workouts went great... went to the gym 4 days a week (although I only went for half an hour, but I busted my ass) and I took my son for a walk for 3 days last week.

This is my last free week at Curves, so on Friday I'll get weighed and measured... we'll see how many inches (if any) I lost. I'm gonna have to lose some kind of weight because I think I've lost about 1 lb. in the past 2 weeks.

Stats
Current Weight (10/23/06): 189.0
Total loss: - 5.4 lbs
Loss needed to reach desired goal: 64.0 lbs.

Plans this week:
Stay on track with the walks and gym, and CUT BACK ON THOSE DAMN TORTILLAS! I grew up on the stuff but it's hard to eliminate them completely from the diet. Although I made the change from white flour to wheat, it's still a difficult.

Last edited by Lorena : 10-23-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:56 AM   #88
Ksyrup

I was pretty pleased with the last week. Despite my mom being here and us eating out a couple of times (even the weight watchers meals are dangerous for me) and my mom cooking a bit, I managed to lose another 4 pounds. I'll be back at the gym tonight.

Previous: 200.5 lbs (10/15/06)
Current: 196.5 lbs (10/22/06)
Total Loss: 28.5 lbs

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-23-2006 at 06:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #89
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Udate on weight loss:
We took the PT test yesterday and I passed with flyin' colors.
I weighted in at 172 lbs.
and my PT score was:
PU: 63
SU 68
2 MR: 1622 (BARELY PASSING, BUT i DID PASS).
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 PM   #90
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick on 10/02/06 View Post
dola,

I received a flier in the mail from Curves asking for volunteers to participate in a fitness study and I decided to do it. The study is so they can emphasize the importance of exercising on a regular basis to their members. At least 3x a week is much better than once in a while. I'll be signing paperwork and will start my first workout this Friday (10/06/06).

This should be interesting; I'm hopeful my weight will drop much faster after this 3 week study is completed.

Well, today was the last day of the fitness study (21 days) and I was measured. I had to share the good news with you guys.

I lost the following (in inches) in 21 days:

Bust: -0.50
Waist: -1.50
Abdomen: -2.0
Hips: -4.0 (!!!)
Thighs: -0.50
Arms: -0.25

Weight: -1.5 lbs.

So I lost a total of 1.5 lbs. but a grand total of 8.75 inches. I busted my ass off on the glute machines (and thus the 4 in. loss). It hurt so good, but I kept telling myself, no pain no gain... I was on a mission and after getting results like that, I feel confident that I'll get there soon. My weight didn't drop like I had planned, but I lost a lot of inches... more than any of the other participants... w00t?!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #91
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Udate on weight loss:
We took the PT test yesterday and I passed with flyin' colors.
I weighted in at 172 lbs.
and my PT score was:
PU: 63
SU 68
2 MR: 1622 (BARELY PASSING, BUT i DID PASS).

I dont' know what any of those numbers mean, but grats on passing

Last edited by Lorena : 10-27-2006 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #92
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I lost the following (in inches) in 21 days:

Bust: -0.50

On behalf of all the guys, I say...uh, congrats, I...I guess?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-28-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:54 PM   #93
Lorena
Unregistered

My diet went so-so... the workouts went very well. This week we went grocery shopping and stayed away from the tortillas and fruits (for now anyway). We have been drinking smoothies almost everyday and some of the ingredients we put in there might be hindering my weight loss, so we're gonna stop making them for a couple of weeks and see what happens. We bought lots of fish, chicken, and beef patties so we can stick to low carb as much as possible.

Stats
Starting weight (09/09/06): 194.4
Current Weight (10/29/06): 187.0
Loss this week: -2.0 lbs
Total loss: - 7.4 lbs
Loss needed to reach desired goal: 62 lbs.

2 lb. weight loss this week which has been the most I've lost since I joined the dynasty; could be wrong though. I need to drink more tea and water than I have been.

'Til next time... keep up the good work everyone!!

Last edited by Lorena : 10-29-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #94
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
On behalf of all the guys, I say...uh, congrats, I...I guess?

Yeah, I'm not too sure how to feel about that; I lost a lot of my butt too. Oh well, win some lose some right?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:38 AM   #95
Ksyrup

Doing good, Dodgerchick!

I think I hit my first plateau this past week. Not that I didn't lose weight, because I did (3 pounds), but I lost it all by Thursday and nothing since. I hope that trend doesn't continue, because I need to lose another 5 pounds or so quickly before I'll fit comfortably into my "skinny clothes" - right now I look like a clown in my baggy suit pants and other clothes. I'll be back at the gym tonight!

Previous: 196.5 lbs (10/22/06)
Current: 193.5 lbs (10/29/06)
Total Loss: 31.5 lbs

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-30-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #96
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Maybe I'll make 30 my goal then ...

But, it's more a look thing... 165-170 would be fine if the fat % is low.

I wear 33s for the most part, FWIW.

My goal is a true 32" waist (I wear 33" pants but have a 38"ish waist).

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #97
Radii
Head Coach

Background Alright its high time for me to join in here. With my recent life and job related stresses and probably some depression I have gotten myself into a really rough spot physically. After months of zero exercise and ordering in and fast food, and about 6 weeks now where i'm probably spending 90 hours a week in front of the computer between work and play, its time to turn this thing around.

I have always been a yo yo dieter, in the past 10 years I've lost 30-50 pounds on 6 different occasions and always gained it back. This is the first time I've let it go so long and get so bad before taking another shot.

I'm 6'4" and somewhere between 330-350, putting my BMI in the low 40s. I have never weighed above 330 before in my life, but I am definitely over that right now.

The Plan: I'm a bit concerned b/c I have never weighed this much before and its having some nasty physical effects on me that I've never experienced before, so the first thing I'm doing is making a doctors appointment to see if I need to get on any meds to regulate some things like blood pressure until I drop some weight. Even at 330 in the past I've never been more than "borderline hypertensive" but I have a bad feeling that is changing as I get a bit older.

As far as the diet goes, low carb is the way for me, unless something at the doctor's visit forces me in another direction. The foreman grill is out for ease and speed of preparing meat, and i'll be making a grocery store run tomorrow or Saturday to get things going.

Exercise: I just need to get some exercise, any exercise. Pushing myself to take a walk in the evening is where I'm starting, and I probably won't be thinking about much else but walking until I'm at 300.

The Goal: My long term goal is to get down to 220 or so and see how I feel. Even at 220 my BMI would still put me in the "overweight" range but I have seirous doubts about what I'd be like at less than that. But right now I'm concerned about the short term. I want to break that ugly 300 number. 299 is my goal. Once I reach that I'll push towards the next number.

I'll post more specifics like exact weight and diet as I get to the grocery store and see the doc, but I wanted to get this posted now to give myself another piece of motivation to get on the right track.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:45 AM   #98
Fouts
College Starter

Hey guys. Any recommendations for a digital scale that is accurate for weight and body fat? I'd like to find locally (walmart, sears, etc.) that is reliable. Thanks.

I'm 6'4", 240, and would like to drop 25-40 lbs. I lose weight quickly if I actually workout. A good scale would help.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 AM   #99
Ksyrup

Good luck, Radii. I know what you mean about the yo-yo dieting. I have gained and lost about 40-60 pounds 3 (now going on 4) times in the past 10 years. I'm getting too old for this, so this time I am going to make a concerted effort to really change the way I eat and keep up the exercise after I lose the weight.

FWIW, I've found that as easy as it has been for me to gain the weight, it has been, well, maybe not AS easy to lose it, but certainly, it has come off faster than I expected. I think the same thing that makes it easy for me to eat 4 times a normal amount of something and not feel particularly full has helped me to be able to east far less than I'm used to, and not feel particularly hungry. Just a theory. All I know is, it's been easier for me to withstand temptation and eat less than I thought it would be. Once you see the weight coming off, it solidifies your resolve to keep it up.

Anyway, good luck and keep posting updates here. I've found this thread to be tremendously helpful, both in terms of keeping track of how I'm doing and the encouragement I get from others and from seeing how others are doing.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:47 AM   #100
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Hey guys. Any recommendations for a digital scale that is accurate for weight and body fat? I'd like to find locally (walmart, sears, etc.) that is reliable. Thanks.

I'm 6'4", 240, and would like to drop 25-40 lbs. I lose weight quickly if I actually workout. A good scale would help.

I'm not sure which digital scale to recommend, but we bought ours at IKEA. It doesn't measure body fat or anything like that, but it's worked out for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
As far as the diet goes, low carb is the way for me, unless something at the doctor's visit forces me in another direction. The foreman grill is out for ease and speed of preparing meat, and i'll be making a grocery store run tomorrow or Saturday to get things going.

Oh yeah, I totally agree. Antmeister and I have lost a decent amount of weight on lowcarb. We started out on Atkins (March '05) and thanks to the good 'ol doc's diet, I lost over 30 lbs. We kinda stopped for a bit but thankfully I never re-gained the weight. After the 30 lb. weight loss, I started South Beach and lost over 10 lbs. I haven't lost as much on South Beach, but I enjoy the variety of food.

If you want info on South Beach, I have a few files with Induction Friendly foods, sample menus, and "legal" foods on second and third phase.

Welcome aboard Radii, lordscarlet, and Fouts and good luck

Last edited by Lorena : 11-03-2006 at 07:49 AM.