Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2006, 05:22 PM   #301
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well since I like someone who didn't volunteer themselves over someone who did,
unelect Chief
Elect Saldana

And I would encourage those people who are voting for me to vote for saldana as well, as I think I'm the wrong person to be sherrif right now.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 PM   #302
SnDvls
Pro Starter

alan another question. you mention the jail having a capacity. do we know what that is?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:25 PM   #303
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
And I would encourage those people who are voting for me to vote for saldana as well, as I think I'm the wrong person to be sherrif right now.

is this because you believe your vice could hurt us villagers (assuming you have one) or another reason?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:30 PM   #304
path12
Coordinator

I stated it earlier, but my vote for Saldana over LSG was mainly because I think we should have a more experienced player in that role (again, no slight to LSG). I would have went for most any of the vets and since Saldana was getting votes that's where I decided to go.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:31 PM   #305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
is this because you believe your vice could hurt us villagers (assuming you have one) or another reason?
Another reason.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:37 PM   #306
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
alan another question. you mention the jail having a capacity. do we know what that is?

The Answer to this question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
In the Center of the town is the Town Jail. The Town jail is small and only has room for three prisoners at any one time. All prisoners are kept in seperate cells, and are prevented from having contact with any other player while in the jail. Prisoners may participate in sheriff election votes, and town lynch votes but are prevented from participating in any other day or night period actions.

Quote:
alan what happens if we on day 2 put someone in jail then day 3 the sheriff in charge lynches him and we also elect a new sheriff that day?

I am not entirely sure I understand the question here, so if I do not answer what you are asking, let me know. To try to answer the question, players without the appropriate job/role can not place a person in the jail. Also, the sheriff can not solely lynch someone on their own, that is done by the townspeople's lynch vote. The two shouldn't interfere with each other ever as the cycle would go:

Day 1: Elect sheriff
Night 1: Sheriff places a person/people in jail.
Day 2: Townspeople vote to lynch the people in jail as well as elect a new sheriff if they want to.
Night 2: The sheriff can remove anyone currently still in jail (not lynched from the day) if they want, as well as jail new people up to the maximum capacity.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:50 PM   #307
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I agree. That's why people should just be honest about their roles in the first place.

Saldana, I have no real objection to your being sherrif. I'll even vote for you if someone would just explain what makes you a good candidate versus the others out there.

bk, i dont think there is anything that i can say that makes me a better candidate than anyone else at this point in the game....you got no way to verify anything i say, just like you got no way to verify anyone else. i think the reason people voted for me is because i am a known quantity...y'all know i wont go runnin my personal agenda if i'm wearin that tin star, and thats the only thing i can say...you've got my word i will be aimin to run them cowboys out of town faster than you can shake a stick at.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 05:55 PM   #308
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
bk, i dont think there is anything that i can say that makes me a better candidate than anyone else at this point in the game....you got no way to verify anything i say, just like you got no way to verify anyone else. i think the reason people voted for me is because i am a known quantity...y'all know i wont go runnin my personal agenda if i'm wearin that tin star, and thats the only thing i can say...you've got my word i will be aimin to run them cowboys out of town faster than you can shake a stick at.
Nice response and it makes me feel good that I've voted for you.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #309
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

In the Town Layout and Buildings of note section, it mentions that the jail can hold up to three people.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:06 PM   #310
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

idea time

i think we should re-elect a sheriff every couple days, or every day. that way we are less likely to be screwed if we elect a cowboy into that office.

any ideas on this?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #311
Barkeep49
Coordinator

But we are also more likely to then elect a cowboy into office. It also diminishes the accountability. The sherrif won't mess around as much since they know they get to keep their job if they're good. If they know that they're losing the job no matter what, the desire to play hunches, even if the rest of the town is opposed, increases.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:39 PM   #312
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I know I am new at Werewolf but I will also listen to what everybody says and do what i am supposed to do. I dont have anything from that past that i can use to vouch for me, but i am a woman so you know im trustworthy
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #313
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

updated vote count anyone? I know i haven't voted, neither has GE, i think there were 15 votes and 21 people in the game, but my counting could be way off
Old 10-09-2006, 06:40 PM   #314
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

updated vote count anyone? I know i haven't voted, neither has GE, i think there were 15 votes and 21 people in the game, but my counting could be way off
Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #315
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I know I am new at Werewolf but I will also listen to what everybody says and do what i am supposed to do. I dont have anything from that past that i can use to vouch for me, but i am a woman so you know im trustworthy

i was your first supporter because i thought your noobiness would keep you from going crazy
Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #316
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I believe you and Saldana are tied at six votes a piece and 18 out of the 21 people have voted.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:44 PM   #317
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is what I show for the vote counts - note that I only tallied changes since Alan's last update rather than starting from scratch. As of Post #314:

(6) Lonestargirl - Bulletsponge (109), Fouts (121), Lathum (180), St.cronin (205), Glengoyne (236), Chubby (254)
(6) Saldana - Anxiety (176), Hoopsguy (246), Spleen (256), Swaggs (258), Path (266), Barkeep (301)
(3) Barkeep - Chief Rum (168), Racer (175), Sndvls (253)
(1) hoopsguy - ntndeacon (104)
(1) SnDvls - Grammaticus (237)
(1) Fouts - Thomkal (242)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #318
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Again, I hope that the three people on me change their votes to saldana.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:50 PM   #319
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

since a tie right now would be VERY bad.
unelect hoops
elect Saldana
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:02 PM   #320
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Barkeep you must really not like me. Oh well, i won't take it personal. Me, GE and whoelse haven't voted?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:03 PM   #321
Thomkal
Head Coach

I'm assuming we have a seer (always a dangerous thing to do in a werewolf game) in this game. The threat of a seer viewing any new sheriff should be enough of a threat to keep the cowboys from trying to get themselves elected. I would encourage the seer(s) to take a look at whomever is elected sheriff, and the others who had a lot of votes during the day, staying silent if the sheriff is on the side of good.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:04 PM   #322
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
idea time

i think we should re-elect a sheriff every couple days, or every day. that way we are less likely to be screwed if we elect a cowboy into that office.

any ideas on this?

Nah, I'd rather just wait and see how the one elected today does

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:05 PM   #323
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Barkeep you must really not like me. Oh well, i won't take it personal. Me, GE and whoelse haven't voted?

want me to take him outside and fill him full of lead?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:07 PM   #324
st.cronin
General Manager

There is no reason, that I can tell to elect anybody. There are good reasons NOT to elect somebody, such as that person asking not to be elected. But there is no reason that I can see to elect LSG over saldana or vice versa.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #325
st.cronin
General Manager

dola

I agree that it makes no sense to put a 'term limit' on the sherriff. We will elect a new one when we have lost confidence in the old one.

knives out
Old 10-09-2006, 07:08 PM   #326
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

LoneStar are you about to vote for yourself? If So let us know. I am not above changing my vote again. I just don't want a tie to happen.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:10 PM   #327
st.cronin
General Manager

unelect Lonestargirl

elect saldana

knives out
Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #328
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Lonestargirl: It has nothing about like or dislike. Why I bet yous one purty woman. It's just that, well, I've been knowin' saldana longer and he didn't seem quite so eager for the post. In the end I would just really like the people who have voted for me to vote for someone else, even if that's you. A vote for me, is a wasted vote, at the moment.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #329
saldana
Pro Starter

although i dont myself like the way it looks, i agree that a tie today would be the worst possible idea since them horseless carriages.

elect saldana
Old 10-09-2006, 07:18 PM   #330
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

It's like 9-5 right now so I unless there's a late swing I don't see much changing...
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:33 PM   #331
Fouts
College Starter

I don't trust saldana. Never have, never will.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #332
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

its 8-5, so even if i vote for myself it doesn't matter, and I dont know if GE will be home from soccer in time, and i dont know who the missing party is, so it seems irrelevant. I dont want y'all to think I was being too eager to get it, its just that in the previous two games i've played, I was the most boring roll, and now i got a boring one again. So i want to be Sherrif. At least if Saldana proves unworthy I can get my chance.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:42 PM   #333
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

elect lonestargirl
Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #334
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Since saldana is in the thread, I'm curious as to his plans for the who is going in the pokey.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #335
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I don't trust saldana. Never have, never will.

thats funny, cuz last time we were ridin down this trail, we was fightin on the same side.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #336
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
its 8-5, so even if i vote for myself it doesn't matter, and I dont know if GE will be home from soccer in time, and i dont know who the missing party is, so it seems irrelevant. I dont want y'all to think I was being too eager to get it, its just that in the previous two games i've played, I was the most boring roll, and now i got a boring one again. So i want to be Sherrif. At least if Saldana proves unworthy I can get my chance.

what makes you think that GE would vote for you?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #337
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

yea whio you putting in jail if elected Saladana?
\
Old 10-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #338
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Since saldana is in the thread, I'm curious as to his plans for the who is going in the pokey.

i have some thoughts, but i am open to suggestions.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #339
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
\

as an elected official, it would be less than prudent not to listen to my constituents a bit first.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #340
Barkeep49
Coordinator

"Well", says the self-serving bartender, "I think some of the quieter people, might be a good place to start."
Old 10-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #341
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I understand Barkeep's reasoning for wanting us BK voters on someone else, but the fact is that this vote seems pretty decided at this point. I don't favor LSG over saldana or vice versa, so it matters little to me which one wins at this point. If the townsfolk want to elect one over the other, power to them, and I will withhold my opinion until we see what sort of sheriff we have.

And I also still feel a vote for BK has more legitimacy than any of the other votes, because we have a gameplay reason to vote for him. But given BK's desire to stay out of the role, I won't campaign for him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #342
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i have some thoughts, but i am open to suggestions.

Well I don't have any specific people to throw out there which is why I was curious as to your thoughts (since you're most likely Sherriff).

You're going to have to jail people before we hear the results of the night actions (if I'm reading the rules right) so we don't get the benefit of seeing what happens overnight to use on who to lynch.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:50 PM   #343
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
thats funny, cuz last time we were ridin down this trail, we was fightin on the same side.

Its possible we are, but I don't get the bandwagon to get you elected. Not like you said anything special. I'd rather elect somebody who we think cannot be converted.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:51 PM   #344
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
\

and the name's saldana there, bourbonsponge
Old 10-09-2006, 07:55 PM   #345
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Well I don't have any specific people to throw out there which is why I was curious as to your thoughts (since you're most likely Sherriff).

You're going to have to jail people before we hear the results of the night actions (if I'm reading the rules right) so we don't get the benefit of seeing what happens overnight to use on who to lynch.

my personal thoughts were barkeep, as a manner of protecting him a bit, seein as how he has alluded to havin a bit o' value

and lonestargirl..she just wanted to get her hands on that badge a wee bit too much...didnt make a whole lot a sense for a bad guy to be so overt, so she is pretty high on my trust list right now.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #346
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
my personal thoughts were barkeep, as a manner of protecting him a bit, seein as how he has alluded to havin a bit o' value

and lonestargirl..she just wanted to get her hands on that badge a wee bit too much...didnt make a whole lot a sense for a bad guy to be so overt, so she is pretty high on my trust list right now.

Read post #340.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM   #347
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, basically, i dont have no suspects yet, but im figuring them two guys to be worth keepin around a bit
Old 10-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #348
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Read post #340.

i did...but the question was asked what i was thinkin, so i told y'all...that don't mean thats what's gonna happen.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #349
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

saldana - so you are advocating protecting good guys by placing them in jail? thereby not allowing them (if they are good) to do their night actions that would be beneficial to us?

We;re only allowed to lynch players in jail. If you put 2 players you trust in there, then are you advocating no lynch on day 2?
Old 10-09-2006, 08:00 PM   #350
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
dola, basically, i dont have no suspects yet, but im figuring them two guys to be worth keepin around a bit

If I understand the game right, we can't lynch people until you jail them. As sheriff, you have alot of power.