Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #301
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

As for soldiers. Promotion eligible shall be Defense I. I want 2 warriors / city for the time being.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:10 PM   #302
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Alright. This might not be popular, but we're building the Great Wall in Glasgow.

I want our worker to start hacking down nearby forests once work has begun. Trees must die for our wall.

I've always found that the long term benifets of a forest out weigh the short term to hurry production. Lumbermills are great...
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #303
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
I've always found that the long term benifets of a forest out weigh the short term to hurry production. Lumbermills are great...

They'll grow back.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 PM   #304
Flasch186
Coordinator

tomorrow Ill begin the Great Wall in Glasgow and immediately start deforestation for production when Bronze Working allows it.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:14 PM   #305
Flasch186
Coordinator

I got my ass handed to me at work today, so Ill push forward when I get home, here in a bit. now i got roped into picking people up from the airport so Ill try to push forward tonight wen i get home. sorry

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-21-2006 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:15 PM   #306
Flasch186
Coordinator

What shall we begin researching now, science choices are on pg. 1? Glasgow has begun work on The Great Wall. We have 3 Warriors in Edinburgh and 2 in Glasgow.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-21-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:23 PM   #307
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Hmmmm, I'm stumped as to what we should research. Problem is I'm not sure what a lot of this stuff does, especially the new things from the mod. An online civilopedia would be awesome, but I doubt there is such a thing, esepcially with the mod changes. (I don't even have my base game documentation with me unfortunately)

My first thought would be to go for something that would enable more wonders to be built so we can go for one in Edinburgh. Priesthoodmay be good, but I can't remember what the Oracle gives you and I have no idea what the Mausolleum would give us either.

I'm definitely open to suggestions. If anyone knows of any online documentation (a tech tree would be nice too!) that would be great as well.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:25 PM   #308
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless View Post
Hmmmm, I'm stumped as to what we should research. Problem is I'm not sure what a lot of this stuff does, especially the new things from the mod. An online civilopedia would be awesome, but I doubt there is such a thing, esepcially with the mod changes. (I don't even have my base game documentation with me unfortunately)

My first thought would be to go for something that would enable more wonders to be built so we can go for one in Edinburgh. Priesthoodmay be good, but I can't remember what the Oracle gives you and I have no idea what the Mausolleum would give us either.

I'm definitely open to suggestions. If anyone knows of any online documentation (a tech tree would be nice too!) that would be great as well.

well I wanted to leave out what you could train if you figured something out because how would you know in real life until you knew what you discovered, the same thing with what future technology it led to, because again, how would you know....is that a bad idea? I was trying to make it more "realistic" in that way but I can change that idea if you all would like. Lemme know what your thoughts are on that.

If its a techtree etc. I could post pictures up there!! I could do that and I could explain better what the wonders give us on the science page of the forum.

I just clarified some of the wonders in the science choice post on the first page!! Let me know if you all think I should post the full tech tree in pictures on the first page.

I posted the tech tree up there, i think its a good idea.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-21-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #309
Flasch186
Coordinator

The Civic of Slavery is available, shall we adopt it? Please vote aye or nay in this thread.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #310
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW:

The Great Wall, we just received word has been completed in a far away land....luckily we hadnt begun ours yet. What shall we build now in Glasgow?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-21-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:03 PM   #311
mrsimperless
College Prospect

No, I'm fine with that Flasch. I guess I didn't understand you were taking that approach but it sounds good to me. I was just worried about making a poor uninformed decision, but the way you described it sounds fun! Not to mention it gives us a great excuse if things turn out poorly.

I'm torn between priesthood and iron working for our next tech and I'd like to hear what the other governors think. The hippodrome sounds pretty cool, but I doubt it is the direction we want to go. I'm leaning towards Iron Working at this point just in case it may influence our next city location.

And I vote in favor of slavery as there doesn't seem to be a downside to it. (Unless of course you're concerned about things such as human suffering...)
Old 11-21-2006, 10:33 PM   #312
gi
College Prospect

I vote for slavery

For the tech, I vote for Monothesim. I love the +25% City Production Bonus.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:45 PM   #313
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I vote yea for slavery. I like the idea of learning of that new concept of Writing....
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:47 PM   #314
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
I vote for slavery

For the tech, I vote for Monothesim. I love the +25% City Production Bonus.

I completely missed that and agree that it looks nice. For the record though, it does say it is for buildings and not just general production.

I'm going to keep my vote on Iron Working for now. However, If we end up in a tie I would also support Monotheism as well to keep things moving.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:53 PM   #315
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
No, I'm fine with that Flasch. I guess I didn't understand you were taking that approach but it sounds good to me. I was just worried about making a poor uninformed decision, but the way you described it sounds fun! Not to mention it gives us a great excuse if things turn out poorly.

I'm torn between priesthood and iron working for our next tech and I'd like to hear what the other governors think. The hippodrome sounds pretty cool, but I doubt it is the direction we want to go. I'm leaning towards Iron Working at this point just in case it may influence our next city location.

And I vote in favor of slavery as there doesn't seem to be a downside to it. (Unless of course you're concerned about things such as human suffering...)

well i posted the tech tree, so dont look at it With slavery the people can revolt and all of a sudden there'll be 2 or 3 barbarians right on the outside of the city...thats a pretty bad thing ive noticed happens on rare occasions.

So were at 2 mono (Gi), 1 writing, 1 iron working....waiting on Coffee and WVUfan (although he's been MIA)

I do not see that prod bonus in this mod for Mono:

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-21-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #316
mrsimperless
College Prospect

The prod bonus he referred to is from converting to Organized Religion which monotheism enables. The bonus would only apply to cities who have our state religion. (which is all of them at the moment)

As far as the revolts with slavery, really the only problem is when you rush production and it increases unhappiness. The revolts you saw were I think "normal" revolts brought about by unhappy citizens which was fueled by rushing production. As long as we manage the happiness weshould be ok.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 11-21-2006 at 11:04 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 AM   #317
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
I completely missed that and agree that it looks nice. For the record though, it does say it is for buildings and not just general production.

I'm going to keep my vote on Iron Working for now. However, If we end up in a tie I would also support Monotheism as well to keep things moving.

Nod, thanks for the correction, I should have been more specific, thats what I get for late night posting.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:59 AM   #318
Flasch186
Coordinator

I vote to adopt Slavery as well, so we begin that move and while our cities take some time (1 turn) to come to grips with the societal changes that allow for the capture of Barbarians to use as slaves, and the conscription of some of the lower tiers of society, "for the greater good", when it comes to finishing a public work.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-22-2006, 08:01 AM   #319
Flasch186
Coordinator

we await CW for the direction of build for Glasgow, now that the Great Wall, we found out, has been built elsewhere and his and WVUfan's feelings on a technology to pursue

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-22-2006, 08:27 AM   #320
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Gah! We keep getting screwed on wonders.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:30 AM   #321
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I wish the Pyramids took a shorter time. Hmm.

Alright. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and try and get us my favorite early Wonder. Build the Pyramids. Chop down the world if you have to, get this one done. It's a risk, but Empires are not built by cautious men.

Oh, and just to complicate things, I vote Iron Working.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-22-2006 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #322
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Imagine that, the defense minister votes for a military tech!
Old 11-22-2006, 08:44 AM   #323
Flasch186
Coordinator

I will await WVUfan for a shortwhile more, or else I will hold the tiebreak vote.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-22-2006, 08:55 AM   #324
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Imagine that, the defense minister votes for a military tech!

Yes, we prefer Iron over Bronze to beat you over the head with.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #325
Marathoner
High School JV

Might I join the Scottish Empire aswell sir?
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 PM   #326
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathoner View Post
Might I join the Scottish Empire as well sir?

you may, please vote on the next available vote, however this time I will concur with our minister of Science that Monotheism will be a boon to helping actually complete some stuff in our cities.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #327
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW:

We have a problem sir, a barbarian Archer has been seen awfully close to the eastern gold mines. We have 3 warriors in Edinburgh BUT this is not some idiot barbarians....they're archers sir!! I dont think we can get to the mines in time before the archer controls the high ground of the mines, which means our warrior(s) would be attacking uphill against the archer. Im not sure what you would like us to do to fight them, sir. See the warmap below:

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-22-2006, 09:44 PM   #328
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Oh snap! I didn't realize our warrior defending the mines had gone back to Edinburgh. It sounds as though we may need a permanent garrison out there until whatever sorry excuse for a village these dirty savages are coming from is razed to the ground.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:49 PM   #329
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh snap! I didn't realize our warrior defending the mines had gone back to Edinburgh. It sounds as though we may need a permanent garrison out there until whatever sorry excuse for a village these dirty savages are coming from is razed to the ground.

Absolutely, our troops have to be commanded to set up camp there or do whatever CW determines. In this case it seems were going to have to mount quite an attack on said archers and then quickly have the workers repair the mine. Should CW want them to garrison out in the mines to the East its as easy as him saying so. In the grand scheme of things I guess this is a good learning experience however it could certainly be catastrophic to the entire Scottish empire should our warriors lose the fight to the archer. I await CW's pensive decision and commands. Perhaps CW could also consider staying to the west of the River Scot and bait the Archer into attacking from across the river giving us somewhat of the upperhand. The negative to that could mean that the Archer(s) ride about the countryside raping and pillaging.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-22-2006 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #330
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dear dear dear.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #331
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dispatch 2 warriors to the mines immediately.

Keep the warriors on high ground whenever possible. Let that barbarian scum bring the fight to our Legions. That should hopefully minimize the advantage of the archers.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:43 PM   #332
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Dispatch 2 warriors to the mines immediately.

Keep the warriors on high ground whenever possible. Let that barbarian scum bring the fight to our Legions. That should hopefully minimize the advantage of the archers.

CW Im afraid your orders are not clear enough. In taking what you say the warriors we dispatch will end up on the low ground, perhaps looking up at the archers on the hill. Are you then saying we await their attack, perhaps baiting them to leave the mines alone and instead attack our legions? Are you saying we should do one turn an re-evaluate the situation? Do you want to move 1 spot NE from Edinburgh, along the road and then cross the river E from there? At least from there our warriors would have a base in the forest providing some advantage should the baiting tactic work.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-23-2006 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #333
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
Do you want to move 1 spot NE from Edinburgh, along the road and then cross the river E from there? At least from there our warriors would have a base in the forest providing some advantage should the baiting tactic work.

Sorry there, I actually thought that Archer was 2 tiles away.

Yes, send both warriors NE into the forest there. If, as I expect, the Archer comes in for the mine, we're unfortunately going to have to sacrifice that mine.

Fortify them in the forest after the archer moves into the mine hill. With any luck, they will attack us instead of moving for the second mine.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:15 AM   #334
Flasch186
Coordinator

Wow...It was a horribly bloody affair, sir. Our Warriors made camp in the woods in an attempt to bait the archers into leaving the mines alone and instead bring the fight into the Warriors amongst the trees. That part worked, sir. However, the archers waited until the bulk of the Warriors slept and then ambushed them from a distance. The rain of arrows was devastating and disheartening. One of our regiments was devastated in the onslaught. What was left of them folded into the other regiment, however the next morning the Warriors were still counting their losses and licking their wounds while the Archer regiment proceeded to destroy the mine and the roads leading into it. Finally, the Archer regiment's taste for blood brought them back around to attacking the Warrior regiment in the woods. This time our warriors were too strong and were able to bury the Archer. What should the warrior regiment that is left do sir? Fortify in the hills to the east or return home to await a future attack and future mobilization?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-24-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:37 PM   #335
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Take up camp on the hillside where our destroyed mine is. I hereby dub you Widlerness Legion I.

Glad we were able to save one mine, at least.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-24-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:23 PM   #336
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Take up camp on the hillside where our destroyed mine is. I hereby dub you Widlerness Legion I.

Glad we were able to save one mine, at least.

They will be renamed accordingly and set to fortify in those hills. Hopefully the workers will be able to rebuild the mines here shortly.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #337
Flasch186
Coordinator

Edinburgh has completed its Ranch, Mrsimperless, what shall Edinburgh begin work on....I have now set a deadline for this selection at 10pm tonight (Saturday):

29 The Sphinx -100% anarchy length; -50% maintenance
The Parthenon +50% Great People birth rate in all cities
Temple of Artemis +100% Trade Route Yield; +1 free priest

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-25-2006 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #338
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Let's build another warrior unit to replace the one we lost fighting the barbarian archers.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #339
Flasch186
Coordinator

mrsimperless, we were able to graduate another warrior in one turn!! What now should we build:

30 The Sphinx -100% anarchy length; -50% maintenance
The Parthenon +50% Great People birth rate in all cities
Temple of Artemis +100% Trade Route Yield; +1 free priest

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #340
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Send that warrior to the other hilltop for the time being. He can be called off to garrison duty once we establish City #3.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:27 PM   #341
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Send that warrior to the other hilltop for the time being. He can be called off to garrison duty once we establish City #3.

done, i assume you mean the other mine.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-26-2006, 06:30 PM   #342
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yep.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:52 AM   #343
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Barracks. You guys think its getting about time for city #3 yet?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #344
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Absolutely yes.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:06 AM   #345
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Alright if thats the case then let's build a settler. If I'm correct we should have 2 warriors in Edinburgh so that we can leave one in the city and send one off to escort the new settler when he arrives.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #346
Flasch186
Coordinator

Settler it is, we have 2 warriors in Edinburgh, one of which is headed to the Eastern mines to fortify where Wilderness Legion I already is.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #347
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW:

Glasgow is now in the barbarians crosshairs. A Barbarian Warrior tribe has gotten very close and are threatening the shepherds to the NE. We have 2 warriors in Glasgow, one of which has a Defence I promotion. What should we do sir:

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 11-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #348
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Send the non-promoted one on the offensive. Should work out to where we'll be able to engage him in an open field.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #349
Flasch186
Coordinator

CW

Warrior 4 crossed the River Scot heading North and the Shepherds cleared out of the area prior to the Barbarians entering the village. As the Barbarians entered the village, it has been reported, that they were confused as to where all the people and more importantly food had disappeared to. In the meantime, our Warrior 4 sprung upon them from the West and destroyed them in a massively one sided battle. What should Warrior 4 do now (by default he will return to his home city)? Warrior 4 has also earned a level 1 promotion, sir. What shall it be?

Mrsimperless, the Eastern mines have been repaired and re-connected to the city. Your workers continue to develop Edinburgh's surrounding areas.

GI, we are now running in the black.

updated Edinburgh's picture on the front page.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 11-27-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:44 AM   #350
Flasch186
Coordinator

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL