High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Vote count that I've seen so far:
NTN - Tyrith (322)
Blade - Lathum (323)
Barkeep - Cronin (325)
Tyrith - NTN (327)

I'm still waiting to hear from LoneStarGirl before making my decision between her or Barkeep for today - always interesting when you try to rattle someone's cage a little bit and they don't respond at all. Normally I don't draw the most positive conclusions from silence ...

I agree, this is a little strange, but so is barkeep's contradictory statements.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:00 PM   #352
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, well the vote by LoneStarGirl on Blade6119 answers the question she ducked earlier about how she felt about him.

As of right now I feel like there is more reason to vote for DaddyTorgo as judge than there is to vote for Anxiety. So I'm ready to cast that vote. I do want to see us get a majority today and get a judge in place, but I also think there is plenty of time and remaining votes out there where I can vote where I want to vote instead of voting where others are headed.

Don't get me wrong - I like peace/love child Anxiety more than a whole heck of a lot of the people around here. But there ain't nothing wrong with DaddyTorgo either, and there is at least one person who supposedly has reason to trust DaddyTorgo. So that what got my vote.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #353
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathoner View Post
I agree, this is a little strange, but so is barkeep's contradictory statements.

I was actually alludin' to both Barkeep49 and LoneStarGirl as being quiet after I asked the question. But I'm only sure that one of them - that bein' the lady - was in the room when I asked it.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #354
Marathoner
High School JV

As far as barkeep is concerned, I was agreeing with path's observation that BK says he is poor in post 50, then rich in post 308.
Marathoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #355
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
vote Barkeep

I agree, his moves today were a little bit odd - not the oddest, but somewhat out of character. He's also the one guy in the game that I almost never suspect of being bad, especially when he's bad.
What is my character that this game has been out of character? I ask sincerely. I think Tyrith summed me up pretty well in 324. I'm almost ALWAYS viewed suspiciously early game. I've come to know and love it.

I think that people in this game might be mistaking my attempts at understanding game mechanics, remembering that I do most of my thinking "aloud" and in posts, with something else.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #356
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathoner View Post
As far as barkeep is concerned, I was agreeing with path's observation that BK says he is poor in post 50, then rich in post 308.
I have NEVER claimed to be rich. I feel poor. That is true. Never did I claim to be rich. Let's not attach inconsistantcies to me that I don't deserve.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #357
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree that barkeeps play is strange but I am willing to give him the benifit for today.

VOTE BLADE

He has come out and said he is basicly useless so why not take a low risk option

If he's useless but a good guy why wouldn't you want to keep a good guy around?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:11 PM   #358
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, well the vote by LoneStarGirl on Blade6119 answers the question she ducked earlier about how she felt about him.

As of right now I feel like there is more reason to vote for DaddyTorgo as judge than there is to vote for Anxiety. So I'm ready to cast that vote. I do want to see us get a majority today and get a judge in place, but I also think there is plenty of time and remaining votes out there where I can vote where I want to vote instead of voting where others are headed.

Don't get me wrong - I like peace/love child Anxiety more than a whole heck of a lot of the people around here. But there ain't nothing wrong with DaddyTorgo either, and there is at least one person who supposedly has reason to trust DaddyTorgo. So that what got my vote.

Actually, she voted for me as promised all the way back from the x-men game where i was the one who decided she would get tked and never told her...it really has nothing to do with this game.

And lathum said it was about this game, but he told me in the ethics thread i would be his day one vote so im not too worried about him either. Both votes on me seem to be for pre-game reasons
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:12 PM   #359
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post

we have been through this in many other games ans there are different opinions on it.

IMO we are probably going to lynch a villegar day one, so I would rather lynch a useless villegar then one with a stronger role.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #360
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post

And lathum said it was about this game, but he told me in the ethics thread i would be his day one vote so im not too worried about him either. Both votes on me seem to be for pre-game reasons

Actually it isn't.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #361
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I have NEVER claimed to be rich. I feel poor. That is true. Never did I claim to be rich. Let's not attach inconsistantcies to me that I don't deserve.
You say beloew your going to go down rich becuase you dont want to buy a weapon. You dont say you cant afford one, you say you dont feel like spending your money so your going to die rich. So basically you just lied
Quote:
I have no weapons and perhaps like a fool I'm going to go down rich as I just can't see purchasing a knife or gun. So if you're a bad guy come and get me.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:13 PM   #362
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE BSAK

I actually would like to vote for Barkeep, not because of contradictory statements, but purely for business reasons. As an entrepreneur, I can't have people badmouthing my business. Nothing personal BK.

BK has already picked up a vote, though, and I refuse to be the second vote on a guy I only have business reasons to vote for.

So I have fallen back on something I promised to do in the last game, and put a Day One vote on bsak. No reason other than that we go way back in the RWBL.

I will be leaving for my night job shortly, so this vote won't change.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #363
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually it isn't.

whatever, it matters little in the scheme of things...i was trying to give you an out when i come up good, and you dont want to take it. Your call
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 03:15 PM   #364
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

well thanks hoops.

I have no earthly idea who to cast a lynch vote on. It's such a damm crapshoot...I hate Day 1's. Blade+LSG are out, as is hoops now.

Barkeep maybe, for the contradictory statement and seeming backpeddling? One of the newer players to try to rattle their cage a bit? I just don't know. Fortunately I should be around.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #365
Tyrith
College Starter

I'd be okay with Daddy, there's just something about the whole blade connection that makes me uneasy. There's something about blade in general that makes me uneasy.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #366
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Good question. That is the kind of stuff that goes into my "relationship???" notes - where I try to figure out why one person says something that doesn't make sense with what I understand based on the thread.

Next step on that front, and I haven't done it yet, is to track down times where they are both posting at the same time but not really acknowledging one another. If that is happening a fair amount, then the suspicion really starts to skyrocket. Because it is hard for people consipring with one another to separate their offline talks from their online talks, so the easiest way to do it is by focusing on everyone else in the game.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #367
Tyrith
College Starter

If we're going to go with voting for newer guys, why don't we seriously go for ntn? He is always UTR and could use a good cage rattling, I think. I'd rather do that than go after ITC/Marathoner/Narcizo/Bsak.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:18 PM   #368
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DAY ONE BETTING IS CLOSED!!!

The bet tonight will be on KANSAS STATE. My apoligies to anyone picking Oklahoma State. Your money is already in the process of being sent back to you.

Note: Tomorrow, I work both jobs, so the betting deadline will be earlier, at 10 a.m. PDT/1 p.m. EST. Please be sure to check in in the morning for the game announcement and to place your bets if needed.

Also, there will likely be a drop in commission tomorrow. Exact terms will be announced tonight.

GO WILDCATS!!!
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #369
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Big City Herald
Volume 3

Get your torches and pitchforks

Shouts in the streets have thrown about various names of the possible mafia kingpin, right now the name heard the loudest is that of Blade. It seems fairly obvious however that the lynchmob's attention is not hard set on a single direction.. Hopefully the authorities can keep the crowd under control.

Mafia boss sighted?

An inside source has reported to the herald today that the mafia boss was sighted at Vinnie's over on 14th street during lunch. The resturaunt's normal daytime patronage was turned away at the door for a private party that remained there for a good part of the day. We were unable to confirm if he was actually there, but our phantom gourmet has told us that Vinnie's is suddenly the hotspot for evening dinner reservations tonight.

"A" Judge for our town.

An ongoing story covered by the Herald's polling team has continued to provide us information on the Big City's judge race. It appears 42% of all voters thus far have preferred a certain judge with the name starting in an "A". From what we are told however, voter turnout has still been abysmal and no one is close to meeting the required number of votes for election.

4th annual War Tournament

Big City's 4th Annual War Tournament was held today in the Big City Convention Center. No, there were no guns or military action, this type of war is the one played out with a deck of cards. All kinds of people turned out for the tournament, but in the end there can only be one winner. A professional War player from Venice by the name of Christopher Rizolli traveled all the way here and won the tournament for the second time in two years.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #370
Blade6119
Coordinator

My vote is still firmly on cronin, and i have seen no one do anything to even consider moving it(barkeep tripped up, but i attribute that to playing mind games with the wolves more then anything)
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #371
path12
Coordinator

VOTE CHIEF RUM

Not that I have anything against a bet or two, but dude.....20% vig? That deserves a vote.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #372
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I'd be okay with Daddy, there's just something about the whole blade connection that makes me uneasy. There's something about blade in general that makes me uneasy.

I'm actually leaning towards Blade for my judge vote. Go figure.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:22 PM   #373
Tyrith
College Starter

Path, I don't think there's a way blade will get elected today, so that vote is okay if you're willing to let us know you're throwing it away.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #374
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, I don't think there's a way blade will get elected today, so that vote is okay if you're willing to let us know you're throwing it away.

No, with only 42% voting, anyone can still get elected...i dont think its likely, but your basically saying either vote anxiety or look bad. Such bully tactics are not good for your health
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #375
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Good question. That is the kind of stuff that goes into my "relationship???" notes - where I try to figure out why one person says something that doesn't make sense with what I understand based on the thread.

Next step on that front, and I haven't done it yet, is to track down times where they are both posting at the same time but not really acknowledging one another. If that is happening a fair amount, then the suspicion really starts to skyrocket. Because it is hard for people consipring with one another to separate their offline talks from their online talks, so the easiest way to do it is by focusing on everyone else in the game.

did you even aNSWER HIS QUESTION?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:25 PM   #376
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, with only 42% voting, anyone can still get elected...i dont think its likely, but your basically saying either vote anxiety or look bad. Such bully tactics are not good for your health

No, I'm saying for someone who could get elected or look bad if we don't elect anyone. And it's true, and I know I wouldn't be the only one to bring it up.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #377
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I never throw my vote away. I vote for who I want to vote for. Whether anyone agrees with it is not really my concern.

For the record, I think it's a decent choice. I'm reasonably confident he's not mafia, and there is no better place for him to be accountable to the rest of us. If he does something we don't like, we vote him out.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #378
Tyrith
College Starter

I have not voted for judge yet. Anxiety is my #1 choice, but I would certainly be open to voting for DT if that's the way the vote swings. I'm just of the mind we need to get someone in there.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #379
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

No, he didn't.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #380
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ITC is in this game???

I need to look at the player list again
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #381
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

For what it's worth I can't vouch for him and I don't have evidence but I am more willing to trust Anxiety than DaddyTorgo. I'm completely neutral about DT. I have a (slight) indication that Anxiety is trustworthy. With 20 people and say 4 or 5? people who would be interested in not getting a judge (Mafia and other, unrelated, criminals) I don't think the good citizens have much leeway in splitting the vote on this. We probably need a 70% good vote for one candidate or we're leaving ourselves in the hands of the bad guys.

Sorry if that makes me seem like I'm saying "Vote Anxiety or look bad". :shurg:
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #382
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
For what it's worth I can't vouch for him and I don't have evidence but I am more willing to trust Anxiety than DaddyTorgo. I'm completely neutral about DT. I have a (slight) indication that Anxiety is trustworthy. With 20 people and say 4 or 5? people who would be interested in not getting a judge (Mafia and other, unrelated, criminals) I don't think the good citizens have much leeway in splitting the vote on this. We probably need a 70% good vote for one candidate or we're leaving ourselves in the hands of the bad guys.

Sorry if that makes me seem like I'm saying "Vote Anxiety or look bad". :shurg:

This is about the logic behind my comment on path's blade vote.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #383
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Nope, seeing as how it was directed at you. I just agreed with him that I have no idea why you would have taken the position on Barkeep49 that you did while voting for Blade6119.

So, rather than redirecting towards me perhaps you could aNSWER HIS QUESTION?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #384
path12
Coordinator

Anyone taking a read on a day one judge vote and trying to translate that into good bad or indifferent is really going out on a limb that probably will not support the assumption.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #385
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
This is about the logic behind my comment on path's blade vote.

I think you have little to worry about...i actually believe the mafia have all already, or will shortly, vote anxiety. I am much more suspicious of those who voted anxiety already then those still outstanding or voting elsewhere. We hold completely inverse views of this votes
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #386
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I have a (slight) indication that Anxiety is trustworthy.

What is that?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #387
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narcizo (now there is a name that screams Mobster!), is your slight trust on Anxiety based on his postings in the thread or information from some other area? If it is something from within the thread, I would be interested in seeing it cited.

I'm fine with Anxiety, although a smidge less so today than yesterday because he appears to have pretty easily emerged as the "People's Choice" in conversations. When someone is, for no apparent reason, greeted like a Kennedy it makes me wonder a little bit what is going on behind the scenes.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #388
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I think you have little to worry about...i actually believe the mafia have all already, or will shortly, vote anxiety. I am much more suspicious of those who voted anxiety already then those still outstanding or voting elsewhere. We hold completely inverse views of this votes

It wasn't really as much about the sequence of the votes, but more about we need to get someone elected and go from there, and throwing votes away is no good. I think we need unite behind a candidate, be it Anxiety, DT, or (highly unlikely) a new candidate.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:36 PM   #389
ImTheCrew
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
ITC is in this game???

I need to look at the player list again

i am, been busy lately should be around for the next couple of hours though
ImTheCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #390
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm off to bed. I have no idea which way to vote for the lynch. Either I give a second vote to someone who winds up being good and look bad or I vote for someone new, look like I'm avoiding a decision, and look bad.

vote bsak16

We're probably going to hit a villager anyway. Neither CR nor I can change our vote now. This is the best way I can think of making my vote count. If I add to someone else and the initial voter takes the vote off then my vote is worthless. If I start a new vote on someone else it will probably be a worthless vote.

Day 1 reasoning. Sorry bsak.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #391
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
It wasn't really as much about the sequence of the votes, but more about we need to get someone elected and go from there, and throwing votes away is no good. I think we need unite behind a candidate, be it Anxiety, DT, or (highly unlikely) a new candidate.

As hoopsguy said, my major problem was a few names were tossed around, and then anxiety came up and everyone jumped on it. It just felt a little too love-fest for my tastes
Demotivation
Old 02-27-2007, 03:43 PM   #392
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
As hoopsguy said, my major problem was a few names were tossed around, and then anxiety came up and everyone jumped on it. It just felt a little too love-fest for my tastes

It kind of did to me too. I am pretty sure I was the first, or certainly one of the first to bring up his name. However, considering that we need 10 or 11 votes we absolutely need consensus, and if we had gotten into a drag out knock down fight it'd be hard to accomplish that. Especially since we have the screw us secret ballot.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #393
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheCrew View Post
i am, been busy lately should be around for the next couple of hours though

I did a quick look back and now remember your note to that effect...sorry man
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #394
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Nope, seeing as how it was directed at you. I just agreed with him that I have no idea why you would have taken the position on Barkeep49 that you did while voting for Blade6119.

So, rather than redirecting towards me perhaps you could aNSWER HIS QUESTION?

I did. See post #359. Ass.

and what is up with the proper names?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:55 PM   #395
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I don't like the idea of voting someone off just because they are useless therefore...

VOTE Lathum
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #396
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
What is my character that this game has been out of character? I ask sincerely. I think Tyrith summed me up pretty well in 324. I'm almost ALWAYS viewed suspiciously early game. I've come to know and love it.

I am also normally viewed suspiciously early, as Tyrith pointed out. I don't feel great about the vote for you, but I don't want to vote for Blade, regardless of how annoying his nonsensical rantings are. It's a bit curious that LSG voted for him. And there's 10 or so players who are all pretty much utr. I'd be happy to go that way with my vote. Suggestions?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 04:01 PM   #397
path12
Coordinator

I'm pretty sure the LSG vote on Blade is a vendetta vote and nothing more.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #398
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
I don't like the idea of voting someone off just because they are useless therefore...

VOTE Lathum

ouch...that one might sting a bit
Old 02-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #399
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
ouch...that one might sting a bit

why?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #400
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I am also normally viewed suspiciously early, as Tyrith pointed out. I don't feel great about the vote for you, but I don't want to vote for Blade, regardless of how annoying his nonsensical rantings are. It's a bit curious that LSG voted for him. And there's 10 or so players who are all pretty much utr. I'd be happy to go that way with my vote. Suggestions?
You dont want to vote for me, because i voted for you and you know im right. If you vote back, you know it will draw more attention to you which you dont want. By going after one of the UTR you avoid the spotlight and avoid lynch...and if you make it past day 1 you will likely last until at least day 4.

And screw you, your just as annoying. Dont act like you get a lot of heat early, you have no idea what heat is...barkeep gets it, i get it, lathum gets it...you dont
Demotivation