Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #1
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Werewolf LVIII: Clash of the Gods (GAME OVER)

Cronus, the youngest of the Titans has just killed his father Uranus, and has claimed the title of ruler of the entire universe. Cronus's sister/wife Rhea in order to stop his reign of terror hid away their child Zeus on the isle of Crete. After being raised to adulthood in hiding, Zeus has finally come back to lead the assault upon Cronus's rule. With the help of several other titans and fellow Gods, will the Olympians be strong enough to overthrow the ruler of the heavens?

Game moderator note: While I would have preferred this game to be called "Clash of the Titans" or "War of the Titans", I was afraid that similarities to the 1981 movie would confuse people to thinking that was the theme of this game. This game might include some characters from that story, but it is based upon Greek mythology in a much broader sense. Some characters or story lines may have been moderated to enable the flow of this game to be improved.

Last edited by Alan T : 10-30-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Gameclock:
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The gameday will consist of one 24 hour gameturn each day. 10pm EST will signify the end of each game day and the start of the next day. Each player will have a vote action as well as personal actions that will be due by 10pm EST each day. Any actions received after the 10pm deadline will count for the next day. The game day officially ends once the board clock hits 10pm EST. Thus, any post marked at 10:00pm EST will be after the day deadline and count for the next day.

Weekend play:

We will play an extended weekend play time in order to not have the game to go stagnent, but to allow for a longer period of time to respond. The weekend play will consist of one game day that lasts from 10pm EST Friday night until 10pm EST Sunday night.

Schedule problems:

In the case that any player has issues with scheduling for a day and need to provide conditional orders/votes, please contact me via PM as soon as possible so we can work out a solution for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Characters:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This list includes some of the characters that may be in play during this game. There is also always the possibility of additional characters being in the game that is not included in this list:

Evil Titans:
-----------------------
Cronus
Coeus - Titan of Intelligence
Crius - the "Ram"
Hyperion - God of observation
Atlas
Campe - She-dragon with a woman's head and torso with a scorpion like tail.

Other titans:
-----------------------
Gigantes
----
Alcyoneus
Porphyrion
----
Hecatonchires
----
Briareus (The Vigorous)
Cottus (The furious)
Gyes (The Big limbed)
----
Cyclops
----
Arges
Brontes
Sterioes

Monsters:
-----------------------
Medusa
Kraken
Minotaur

Gods:
-----------------------
Zeus - Ruler of the Gods
Hades - The king of the underworld
Poseidon - God of the Waters
Hestia - Goddess of the Hearth
Demeter - Goddess of Fertility
Hera - Goddess of Marriage and Womanhood
Ares - God of War
Hermes - Messenger of Heaven
Hephaestus - The Smith of Olympus
Aphrodite - The goddess of tender passions
Athena - Goddess of Warriors, industries and prudent intelligence
Apollo - God of prophecy and music
Artemis - Goddess of hunters
Hebe - The goddess of youth
Dionysus - god of the cultivaton of the vine
Persephone - Queen of the underworld
Asclepius - God of medicine

Mankind:
------------------------
Heracles - Greatest hero of mankind
Odysseus - King of Ithaca
Achilles - Hero of the trojan war.
Perseus - Founder of Mycenae

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The teams:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titans:
The Titans, under the rule of Cronus rule the heavens and earth. With the help of various other monsters, they look to remain in power. Keep in mind that not all players that are "Titans" will be for this team. Several Titans will be alligned with the Olympians during this game. All players will be informed in their PM what team they are working for (if any).

The Olympians: Led by Zeus, the Olympians seek to overthrow Cronus from rule with the help of various other titans and heros of mankind. If you are a titan that is sympathetic to the Olympians' cause or a hero of mankind that wins with the Olympians, your PM will inform you as such.

Other: Several roles may have individual victory conditions that do not fall within the scope of the above two teams. Individuals will be informed as such if that case applies to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victory Conditions:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Titans:
You will win the game if you eliminate Zeus, Hades, Poseidon from the game as well as have a 1:1 Titan to Olympian ratio. Note: this does include Titans that are sympathetic to the Olympians cause as a Titan in this ratio.

Olympians: You will win the game if you eliminate all of the Titans that are working with Cronus. This does not include any monsters that may be teamed up with them, or any Titans that are sympathetic to the Olympians cause.

Daily Actions:

Each player receives 5 Action points (or APs) for each day. They must use at least 1 AP for a vote each day. Players that fail to place a vote for the day will not be allowed to use any APs for other actions during that day, and will be limited to only 1 AP for the following day which must be used for a vote.

Each player also has at least one individual action that they may choose to perform during the day. Any player that has multiple individual or team actions to choose from is limited to only one vote and one other action per day.

As all players are limited to only 1 vote and 1 action per day, they may use the remaining 3 Action points (APs) to further "strengthen" their votes or actions. Each AP spent on a vote will be counted in the final total. The player with the most votes is not lynched, it is the player with the most vote action points that is lynched at the end of the day. Likewise a player may choose to use further action points to strengthen their actions as well. A night kill action with 4 APs used will overwhelm a Bodyguard action with only 2 APs used for instance. In the case of actions conflicting with one another, a winning action will not always completely negate the losing action, but it will have the favorable outcome. ie: the bodyguard action listed above may fail, but they may be able to recognise who the assailant was.

Important note: Your Vote must be posted in the thread such as:

VOTE Alan T

You should send any other day actions as well as the number of Action points used for each via PM to me. Everyone else in the game does not get to know how many APs you spent that day and for what.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Email/PM/IM communication:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Players should not communicate with other players in this game outside of this thread in any topic regarding this game unless your PM clearly states that such communication is allowed.

Disclaimer:

Rules or Roles may be modified if needed or gameplay may be changed if needed during the course of the game if it is determined necessary in order to maintain the integrity of the game. If there are any questions or comments regarding this rule set, please send me a PM and I will respond as quick as I can.

Last edited by Alan T : 10-21-2007 at 09:56 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

1) Render - Killed Day 3 Hermes / Olympian
2) Barkeep - Killed Day 2 Zeus / Olympian
3) Chief Rum
4) PurdueBrad - Killed Day5 Hera / Independant Olympian
5) St.Cronin
6) Neon_Chaos
7) Lathum - Lynched Day 5 Heracles / Mortal Hero
8) ntndeacon - Lynched Day 2 Dionysus / Olympian
9) ArlingtonColt - Lynched Day 6 Hephaestus / Olympian
10) Passacaglia - Killed Day 1 Athena / Olympian
11) Telle
12) Hoopsguy - Killed Day 4 Hades / Olympian
13) Path12 - Lynched Day 1 Cronus / Titan
14) Anxiety
15) Ardent_Enthusiast - Lynched Day 4 Atlas / Titan
16) Racer - Killed Day 5 Hyperion / Titan
17) DaddyTorgo
18) Raiders Army - Killed Day 6 Apollo / Olympian
19) Schmidty - Lynched Day 3 Minotaur / Monster

Last edited by Alan T : 10-29-2007 at 09:10 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
RendeR
Coordinator

IN!

YAY I'm the irst one IN ! Whoooot!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #5
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am purposefully not signing up now since Render beat me as the first one in

On a more serious note when you looking to start?

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 10-21-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #6
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA: And I know I read somewhere that you said your next game was going to be Wall Street. What happened to that? I thought it was an awesome theme for WW.
Old 10-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #7
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Maybe it's financial gods.

I'm in. Hopefully this time, y'all won't kill me right away for being "suspiciously absent" from the game on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:55 PM   #8
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm in as well.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll play.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #10
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
DOLA: And I know I read somewhere that you said your next game was going to be Wall Street. What happened to that? I thought it was an awesome theme for WW.

I am looking to start early this week (tuesday/wednesday) if ther eis enough interest. As for what happened to Wall street, well long story short.. I had forgotten when I said that would be my next game, but I still have the rule set for that in my folder. I had originally changed my next game to be "Black and White" but have tabled that one until later. This ruleset I think will hopefully be one of my best games yet and one I worked up before I actually ran my Tombstone game. I just wanted to get a feel for what I needed to lock down on wide open games where everyone has actions before I rolled out this game.

Hopefully everyone will enjoy it. Its not overly complex, but it gives everyone a chance to contibute
Old 10-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #11
st.cronin
General Manager

Alan's games are always great; I think he's my favorite ww-host. Tombstone and the Big City I think are my two favorite games ever.

knives out
Old 10-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #12
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Agreed. I don't know if either of his games I have palyed in were my favorite (haven't really played that all out in my mind), but I know I had a blast in both of his games, playing a hooker sheriff in one and a neutral bookie in the other.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #13
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

In.
Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Tombstone was easily in my yop 2 games.

In

Any idea about the weekend schedule, I won't really be available next weekend
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #15
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Rule set posted. If there is any questions regarding how the actionpoints/actions/voting happens, please feel free to ask those questions now and I will happily answer them. That is the only really different part of this game to understand, so I wish to not have that affect the game play. I will make sure to spell things out as we go as well so there is not unintentional confusion.

(Barkeep, was your posting a signup earlier, or are you not signed up? Wasn't sure if I put you down or not)
Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 PM   #16
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Tombstone was easily in my yop 2 games.

In

Any idea about the weekend schedule, I won't really be available next weekend

Weekend schedule will be extended play. Friday -> Sunday night = 1 day. I'm moving next weekend so I won't be around a ton next weekend either.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:38 PM   #17
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #18
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

In
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:43 AM   #19
Passacaglia
Coordinator

In.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #20
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
(Barkeep, was your posting a signup earlier, or are you not signed up? Wasn't sure if I put you down or not)

I refused to sign-up at that time. I will, however, sign up now
Old 10-22-2007, 09:22 AM   #21
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

how about a thread in the GD?
Old 10-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #22
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
how about a thread in the GD?

Put one there this morning I assume we'll have more people fill in the next few hours. As long as I have a decent amount of players by tonight I will start the game with PMs sent out and day 1 will end on Wednesday morning at 10am EST. I don't need 20 players for this game to work, but as with most of my games like this, the more people there are the more fun that happens for everyone's roles
Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 AM   #23
Telle
College Starter

I'll play.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 AM   #24
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm in as long as we start early in the week. If the date gets pushed back very far I won't be able to do this as next weekend is hosed.

So if I'm a villager I'm asking the wolves to remove me by Day 5 or so If I'm a wolf I expect to be scanned or do something stupid to get run without needing much help.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:15 AM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm in as long as we start early in the week. If the date gets pushed back very far I won't be able to do this as next weekend is hosed.

So if I'm a villager I'm asking the wolves to remove me by Day 5 or so If I'm a wolf I expect to be scanned or do something stupid to get run without needing much help.

why should this game be any different then others?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 AM   #26
path12
Coordinator

Once again I'm about to take a break but can't really miss a game Alan is running......no matter how awfully I'm playing at the moment.

Sign me up.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM   #27
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

In

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 AM   #28
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
why should this game be any different then others?

I've seen plenty of wolves leave me alive when my theories are dumb. I'm asking them not to because I'll be unable to post my dumb theories for a couple of days near the end of next week. So that part is a little different - usually I'm around to post new dumb theories each and every day.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:45 AM   #29
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I've seen plenty of wolves leave me alive when my theories are dumb.

knives out
Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #30
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've seen plenty of wolves leave me alive when my theories are dumb. I'm asking them not to because I'll be unable to post my dumb theories for a couple of days near the end of next week. So that part is a little different - usually I'm around to post new dumb theories each and every day.

*Raises Hand*

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 AM   #31
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Or maybe they just want to end your streak of never getting lynched as a villager.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #32
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just an update, We have 14 signed up now, which is enough for a good WW game. I'll leave signups open until tonight just in case anyone else wants to join in. I'll close up signups some point after 9pm EST tonight and send out roles/information tonight.

Day 1 will run from when Roles go out tonight until Tuesday night 10pm EST. Deadline will be Tuesday night.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

perfect, lets get going!!!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 02:04 PM   #34
RendeR
Coordinator

woohoo
Old 10-22-2007, 02:25 PM   #35
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Old 10-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #36
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

You spelled 'in' wrong.

Old 10-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #37
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Welcome Back Ardent.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:12 PM   #38
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'll play.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #39
saldana
Pro Starter

as much as i would love to, i am out...i have a deal with my wife that i dont play game after game after game, and i have already played 2 in a row, so i gotta sit one or two out.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:35 PM   #40
RendeR
Coordinator

But I need you in the next game! I have 3 perfect roles for you, special!
Old 10-22-2007, 05:36 PM   #41
RendeR
Coordinator

BTW do you look better as a redhead, brunette or blonde?
Old 10-22-2007, 05:47 PM   #42
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

i have no hair.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #43
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post

lol best setup question ever.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:09 PM   #44
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have the 16 roles picked that will be in the game if this is the list of final players. I ideally actually would like one additional player to help balance out one specific thing, but if not I will be sending out roles in a little while. I am just giving another hour or so for last chance to sign up for people. I figure if they haven't signed up by now they likely won't anyways though
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #45
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit. I'm in, but just because it's an alan t game
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #46
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Looks good to me. Sign me up Uncle Alfred.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:48 PM   #47
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'll play.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:56 PM   #48
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I am glad that everyone has decided to join up. I hope you find this game fair, challenging and entertaining! I have closed the signups and will be sending out PMs in a few minutes. It might take a bit of time for all PMs to go out. The game will officially start once all PMs have been sent out.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #49
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Just for the record since the Titans is intertwined with the the Olympians/Heroes, I will be referring to evil doers as the wolves and to good guys as villagers, since it seems to have a standard dynamic in terms of win conditions and such.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #50
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

All PMs have been sent out. If you did not receive one and expect that you should have, please drop me a PM to let me know. Also if you have questions regarding your role or how Action points work with it, please let me know in PM.

Day 1 Starts now:

Zeus has called forth upon all Olympians to help him lead the charge against the cruel Titan lord Cronus. In a fight that the earths and heavens has never seen before, and likely never will see again you must draw upon all of your power to overcome your adversity. You must now decide whom among you are the Titans hiding in disguise.. Pick one today for your lynch vote and the player with the most vote points at the end of the day will be destroyed.

All players must place a Vote in this thread such as:

VOTE ALAN T

the number of points you wish to spend on the vote as well as any actions should be PM'd in private to me.

Deadline is Tuesday night 10pm EST