I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:38 AM   #402
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
We're at 23-17 at the moment...

And we could be doing better, but as it doesn't matter to end this season the #10 or #11 in the league table, i'm just giving equal time for every player and not caring a lot about the tactics.

Next year will be different as i think we can aim to the top 5 finish, so the best players will get more playing time and we will setup tactics for every game. Basicaly we will operate like a real team next year, with start and backup roles set.

Last edited by Icy : 01-21-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #403
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
And we could be doing better, but as it doesn't matter to end this season the #10 or #11 in the league table, i'm just giving equal time for every player and not caring a lot about the tactics.

Next year will be different as i think we can aim to the top 5 finish, so the best players will get more playing time and we will setup tactics for every game. Basicaly we will operate like a real team next year, with starts and backup roles set.

Just my two cents, but these last games we have could be a great time for some experimentation with different tactics and lineups to see if we can find things to use for the upcoming season when we're going to try to be more competitive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
dola...

What's a good amount of cash to have going iinto next season with the new monetary/training structure?

I have the bucks to upgrade my shoes to the top tier but if I do I will have "only" $700k or so left. Not too sure that's enough of a warchest with the uncertainty of the new season. Anyone have thoughts?

I'm in practically the same situation you're in, even with just about the same cash. Personally, I'm holding off on the last upgrade until I get a better idea of what the cashflow next season will be like. It's possible Icy may have to play with our salaries based on new stadium income and the fact that most of our income may have to come from salary instead of betting. One thing that will help a bit is that the +6/3 trainings won't be available as those are a pretty big drain on cash at 30k / day. In comparison, the +8/5 trainings are 9k / day and the +10/8 trainings (between skills of 40/60) are about 11k / day if I remember right.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #404
Travis
Pro Rookie

One thing I'd mention as well is that it's worthwhile to decide early if you're going to do custom equipment. Saves you a boat load of in game cash and let's you maximize what stats you want. Of course that requires more actual cash investment, but given the changing in game financial landscape, a question likely worth figuring out prior to buying the 1.4 million dollar equipment pieces.
Old 01-21-2008, 02:26 PM   #405
Travis
Pro Rookie

Nice win over a team ahead of us in the standings today, good stuff Icy!

Question for you about tactics. Do you find that the player level tactics affect much compared to the stuff you set? I usually tweak my passing preferences based on overall ratings (ie: I don't dig too deeply), just curious if that does much or if your settings will over ride and get the ball to the matchups you want.
Old 01-21-2008, 03:00 PM   #406
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Nice win over a team ahead of us in the standings today, good stuff Icy!

Question for you about tactics. Do you find that the player level tactics affect much compared to the stuff you set? I usually tweak my passing preferences based on overall ratings (ie: I don't dig too deeply), just curious if that does much or if your settings will over ride and get the ball to the matchups you want.

I can't set who do you pass to, that is why i suggested it when i posted tactics in the past, and will do it again once we start the new season.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #407
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guy just checking in...BTW Shaq wanabe iverson is still around.
Ive been updating the game regularly just not checking here enough.

BTW I cant veiw the game forums for some reason now (on my end) would anyone bee kind enough to post some daily bet recomendations?

I am in real troublee with only 17k heading in to next season, but I havent bet at all in weeks, I need to score some cas before seasons end and the betting redo.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #408
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Danger Will Robinson...

Our contracts are running out and we are down to 8 players that I see on the team (or else people are quitting).

Are you in limbo/free agent when your contract is up? Mine expires today I believe.

What's the deal?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM   #409
thealmighty
Pro Starter

dola...

Actually it runs out 4/69 which is tomorrow.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:34 AM   #410
thealmighty
Pro Starter

doubleD...

I finally hit 30 in rating.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:41 AM   #411
Icy
Pro Starter

The good news:

I have purchased 2 seasons more of cyberdunk for our team the London Ballers.

The bad news:

Myself, Manuel Martin and Jace Hunter contracts ran over and the system didn't tell me anything as team GM. I have offered allyou a new contract, but neither me or Jace Hunter can accept it until 14 days have past since our last game, so we both will need to wait to accept it (anyway will be in time for the next season).

All the remaining players have a new contract of $1000 per day plus a $30,000 signup bonus. As the economic system is going to be totally different soon, i just offered that contract to keep you all in the team, once we know the changes, we will adjust everybody's salaries to keep competitive both as team and as players.

Signup your new contract today before it runs over or you will need to wait 14 days!!

Sorry Travis and Breizmanu, we three are fucked for 14 days more, but check your contract offers to accept it in 14 days (in fact try every day to see what happens).

Last edited by Icy : 01-26-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:13 AM   #412
Travis
Pro Rookie

Just saw this and no worries on my end, I should have remembered to check and totally wiffed on that. Looks like the offer you sent will expire in 7 days, so I'll try for each of those days and if no go, will sign up once the 14 is over.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:24 PM   #413
rjolley
College Starter

Contract signed.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #414
JeeberD
General Manager

Geez...wade really stepped up with folks missing today!

Old 01-26-2008, 02:46 PM   #415
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

That 14 day rule stinks. Hellacious game for Wade!
Old 01-26-2008, 06:26 PM   #416
daedalus
Pro Rookie

good job, wade!!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 06:33 PM   #417
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Contract signed.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:53 AM   #418
Ragone
Pro Rookie

hehe down to 8 players so my pt should go up right.. guess not :P
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #419
JeeberD
General Manager

Oh my goodness...looks like I'm going to be the highest rated player on the team for the next couple of weeks!

Old 01-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #420
Bad-example
College Starter

Little Potato Young's team, the Sans Antonio 'spurs', went 42-4 to finish in 3rd(!) place in Greece's Division 6. He mostly rode the bench as the lowest-rated player on the team. Under contract until day 20 of the coming season.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 AM   #421
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The good news:

I have purchased 2 seasons more of cyberdunk for our team the London Ballers.

The bad news:

Myself, Manuel Martin and Jace Hunter contracts ran over and the system didn't tell me anything as team GM. I have offered allyou a new contract, but neither me or Jace Hunter can accept it until 14 days have past since our last game, so we both will need to wait to accept it (anyway will be in time for the next season).

All the remaining players have a new contract of $1000 per day plus a $30,000 signup bonus. As the economic system is going to be totally different soon, i just offered that contract to keep you all in the team, once we know the changes, we will adjust everybody's salaries to keep competitive both as team and as players.

Signup your new contract today before it runs over or you will need to wait 14 days!!

Sorry Travis and Breizmanu, we three are fucked for 14 days more, but check your contract offers to accept it in 14 days (in fact try every day to see what happens).

Just came back from a long week end today and logged onto cyberdunk before FOFC, I was surprised ^^

Ok no problem i'll wait.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 02:21 PM   #422
JeeberD
General Manager

Anyone else having trouble with Cyberdunk today? Training is all out of whack...

Old 02-02-2008, 02:34 PM   #423
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Anyone else having trouble with Cyberdunk today? Training is all out of whack...

I think it's just part of their offseason implementation process. I haven't checked their forums, but given the timing I'd guess they're probably doing updates.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #424
Travis
Pro Rookie

Good news, it appears season 5 is up and running and it also let me sign my contract today so anybody who was waiting for the 14 day window to expire, try it out and hopefully this'll work for the rest.
Old 02-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #425
JeeberD
General Manager

And +6 for 90,000 in three days is still up...

Old 02-02-2008, 04:34 PM   #426
Travis
Pro Rookie

Looks like they've also added a second free player per account. I'm making up a PF for use in a beginner's league for this season then see where we're at next season (if there is a second or developmental team, etc).
Old 02-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #427
rjolley
College Starter

A second player will be kool.

Any ideas what the changes in betting were? Did they just lower the amount?

Just checked. Looks like you can still make a $35K bet. Just made one on this game for day 2:

http://www.cyberdunk.com/misc.php?m=...Divis ion%201

PHILIPPINES DIVISION 1 DAY 2
6.1x Ruby's Celtics (H33.07) vs Caloocan Spires (C19.68)

Last edited by rjolley : 02-02-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:42 PM   #428
Icy
Pro Starter

What about if we buy a feeder/development team? That way we can send there the new players and promote/demote them when needed and everybody will have playing time in the top or feeder team.

Btw, i see everybody signed his contract but Breizmanu, i'm going to pm him.

Last edited by Icy : 02-02-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:54 PM   #429
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Looks like they've also added a second free player per account. I'm making up a PF for use in a beginner's league for this season then see where we're at next season (if there is a second or developmental team, etc).

I just created a huge shooting guard lol:

SG Hector Carrillo
Height: 2.05 m (6 feet 7 in)
weight: 105 kg (231 lbs)

Old 02-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #430
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What about if we buy a feeder/development team? That way we can send there the new players and promote/demote them when needed and everybody will have playing time in the top or feeder team.

I made a 6'9 power forward blocking machine (hopefully). I haven't drafted him anywhere yet, waiting to see how the first few days go to see what the revised landscape looks like. Just going to give him some training/betting money from my main account to keep him up to speed, so if we do end up having a second team, I'd very much like to be a part of that.

That said, I'm down with chipping in to get a second team started up, but have no aspirations to being a manager. Not sure if you'd want to manager two teams Icy, but would it help you figure out a good mix for the top team if you controlled both squads?
Old 02-02-2008, 08:15 PM   #431
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I made a 6'9 power forward blocking machine (hopefully). I haven't drafted him anywhere yet, waiting to see how the first few days go to see what the revised landscape looks like. Just going to give him some training/betting money from my main account to keep him up to speed, so if we do end up having a second team, I'd very much like to be a part of that.

That said, I'm down with chipping in to get a second team started up, but have no aspirations to being a manager. Not sure if you'd want to manager two teams Icy, but would it help you figure out a good mix for the top team if you controlled both squads?

I have not drafted my player either, waiting for our decission. About purchasing/owning the development team, maybe somebody else wants to do it so he can have fun also being a coach, we both would coordinate everything about tactics, promotions/demotions etc. This could be a great way to have everybody playing in the first or development team so nobody will get bored. We would need to tell the developers about it being a development team so they won't think we are cheating if we send players for free from one team to the other. Development teams are allowed, but not sure how does it work.

We have already a SG and PF with you and my player, so take note the others when creating your second players to not to end with more than 2 or 3 players per position.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:36 PM   #432
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I'll make a new C for the devel squad. Also, something odd happened with the training as I gained +16 instead of +8 for my shooting training. No complaints as w/equipment I'm up to 73 floor shooting.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:12 AM   #433
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Al's stats updated.

Made PG. Green Teeeeee.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #434
JeeberD
General Manager

I created a SF yesterday, Jobu Eckman...

Old 02-03-2008, 09:55 AM   #435
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Be careful with betting right away. I made bets with both of my guys yesterday, but the bets aren't showing up and the cash is still gone. Supposedly the cash will be refunded (with a "bonus for the headache"), but you know how those things go...

Old 02-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #436
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

My cash is gone too Jeeber. BTW, nice bug JAG, hopefully that won't bite back. I don't see them fixing things though, so I'd assume it wouldn't.
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #437
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn...our first loss of the season.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:25 PM   #438
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Sorry I was on hollidays without access to the internet, anyway I ended up in the team somehow...
Old 02-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #439
Travis
Pro Rookie

Great job so far this season Icy. Not sure if they've decided when/if they're going to replay a few of the early days, but you're doing a great job getting favorable matchups and making them pay off.

I did have my second player join a computer team. Designed him to (hopefully) make a run at the blocking award they're going to hand out for new players at the end of the season and figured if we do a farm team that he could be relatively easily acquired at that point (or at the start of next season). So far it's not working out so well stat wise, but he should be a pretty good defensive role player if/when there's a second team going.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:59 AM   #440
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Since all positions were already occupied I created a SG Manuel Brezellec from the Kerguelen Archipelago.

Undrafted. (well in fact drafted twice and released twice)
Old 02-14-2008, 08:26 AM   #441
rjolley
College Starter

I have a SG Mykal Jolley currently playing in Div 3 of India for the Ahmedabad Golden Eagles.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:30 AM   #442
JeeberD
General Manager

I bought the crappy little Bahamas Div 5 team that my second guy was on, the Acklin Bats. I didn't have any grand plans for the team, but if you want I suppose it could be the FOFC feeder team. I don't promise to be as good a coach/administrator as Icy has been, but I would do my best...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:59 AM   #443
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I bought the crappy little Bahamas Div 5 team that my second guy was on, the Acklin Bats. I didn't have any grand plans for the team, but if you want I suppose it could be the FOFC feeder team. I don't promise to be as good a coach/administrator as Icy has been, but I would do my best...

If you need a defensive PF, here's my player link:

http://www.cyberdunk.com/team.php?m=player&id=719061

Not sure how you acquire players off computer teams, but if it's a hassel I'm only under contract through this season so I can always wait for the start of season 6. Not too concerned with wage as it seems betting is still a pretty good cash cow and I can filter some funds to him from my main player if I'm really in need.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #444
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

well Jeeber if you want a 6'7 20.23 SG Manuel Brezellec is available for free
Old 02-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #445
Icy
Pro Starter

Too bad i was drafted yesterday by an human team, but yeah JeeberD, you could use your team to signup al our second players and to become the FOFC Ballers minor team, where to send all our players that won't get playing time in the first team.

Btw guys, sorry for the lack of answers from me here, soon i'l get back to post tactics etc etc. By now we are doing so well in the 4th position in the league.

Old 02-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #446
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Too bad i was drafted yesterday by an human team, but yeah JeeberD, you could use your team to signup al our second players and to become the FOFC Ballers minor team, where to send all our players that won't get playing time in the first team.

Btw guys, sorry for the lack of answers from me here, soon i'l get back to post tactics etc etc. By now we are doing so well in the 4th position in the league.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the game on day 15 against Nottingham Prisa. Getting past them and their two big guns would be a great confidence builder.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #447
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the game on day 15 against Nottingham Prisa. Getting past them and their two big guns would be a great confidence builder.

Today the backups will get most of the playing time to give the starters a rest, then we will plan for that game.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:05 AM   #448
JeeberD
General Manager

I'll try and get those of you who are available signed this afternoon. Have to head to work now...

Old 02-15-2008, 03:55 PM   #449
JeeberD
General Manager

I sent in an offer for Travis, but the player search is down so I don't know how to find your guy, Breihz. Anyone else who wants on the team, let me know...

Old 02-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #450
rjolley
College Starter

I'll join if I can sign. Mykal Jolley is currently playing in Div 3 in Isreal. I posted the link earlier to the team.