Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #151
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Since so far the majority of people have mentioned their powers seem to line up with their charactewr, I don't think it is too far of a reach to think that in most cases they are aligned. Only a handful of people have seemed to suggest otherwise so far.

Having no basis for comparison I'll trust your take on that.

Even if everything were totally scrambled I'd have to say that revealing names or powers in the first few days of a large scale game is a bad idea.

Just my nickel.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #152
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Just some thoughts.

I would be surprised if Nikki was a bodyguard type. Seems more like a one time day kill type.

Have we found out if voting no lynch is an option?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #153
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I would suggest that it would be a very good idea for every villager to
a) use their power every day, and
b) keep the PM where they stated what they were doing with their power so they don't lose track of what they've done.

I've only had experience of being a wolf once but in that game my inability to explain what I had done each day could really have been my downfall. Consequently I think we should be very suspicious of someone who claims a power but is unable to account for what they did with that power every day.

I'll tell you right now that I won't be talking about what happens with my power, which is not for use during the day I might add.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #154
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I was thinking very similar to Alan here.

Vote Pass

I find it troubling for someone to be calling for us to reveal our names or powers on day 1
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:46 PM   #155
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
I think I've discovered my power....I am the super-typo-guy!

I thought that was Lathum, but you'll qualify just as well.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #156
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm curious to what people think of the characters such as HRG or Ando.. what type of powers do you think they might have in this game?

I think only wolves want to speculate on such matters.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #157
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I thought that was Lathum, but you'll qualify just as well.

hmmm, maybe he is Peter and absorbed that ability since I was in the thread
Old 03-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think only wolves want to speculate on such matters.

I don't understand what you mean by this. My initial hunch is that Ando isn't even in this game and HRG is a push to whether or not he would be company or hero even if jeheinz hadn't said that you can't trust someone will match up with what they were in the tv show...

So not sure why only wolves would want to speculate to what type of power a character that very possibly could be a wolf would have since there is no indication based on the tv show.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #159
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So what do you guys think about the 2 early votes on Render?
Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM   #160
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Voting No Lynch is an option.

Same as past uses, No Lynch is the same as another "person". If it has the most votes (after I factor in extracirricular things) then there won't be a lynch.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well I think a no lynch vote is a no brainer. I can't believe I am saying that 2 games in a row.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #162
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
well I think a no lynch vote is a no brainer. I can't believe I am saying that 2 games in a row.

I agree here. Like I said before, in games where there are roles for everyone, you tend to have the ability to get alot more information for day 2. Normally the arguement for no lynch or not is "What would be different on day 2 from today?" In this game, there can be quite alot different in day 2 from today.

So I'll be voting no lynch unless something really odd happens.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #163
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't understand what you mean by this. My initial hunch is that Ando isn't even in this game and HRG is a push to whether or not he would be company or hero even if jeheinz hadn't said that you can't trust someone will match up with what they were in the tv show...

So not sure why only wolves would want to speculate to what type of power a character that very possibly could be a wolf would have since there is no indication based on the tv show.

What I mean is that wolves generally wants to know which powers/roles are out there that they need to get rid of long before the village needs to. I think that's pretty obvious. We know that every player has a role/power. That's enough for me right now. Those powers will become evident as the game goes on.

Now if I was a wolf, I'd definitely like to know which powers are out there so I know who to kill night 1.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #164
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What I mean is that wolves generally wants to know which powers/roles are out there that they need to get rid of long before the village needs to. I think that's pretty obvious. We know that every player has a role/power. That's enough for me right now. Those powers will become evident as the game goes on.

Now if I was a wolf, I'd definitely like to know which powers are out there so I know who to kill night 1.

I think you are looking at this from the exact opposite direction as I am.. I think not telling everyone who you are so the wolves can't find out who to kill is a good idea.. that is completely different from telling what powers might be out there.

Like I said, if its a good possibility of normally being a wolf role if all things are equal, its probably worth the discussion. I do think discussion of who has that role could be bad though. Perhaps you are misunderstanding what I mean here then.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #165
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

So just from reading a little bit about the show, Sylar steals the powers of those he kill?

Do you think that power is in the game? And if so would that be an argument FOR name revealing?
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:11 PM   #166
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
So just from reading a little bit about the show, Sylar steals the powers of those he kill?

Do you think that power is in the game? And if so would that be an argument FOR name revealing?

Yes, in the show Sylar kills someone and then has the ability to use their powers. I'm not exactly sure how that would be mapped out into this game though.. but its obvious that everyone (Company and Heros) probably wants Sylar dead sooner than later.

The reason its not a direct reason to name reveal is that while helping us find Sylar, it would in a sense win the battle but possibly lose the War. Sylar isn't the only one after us here.

I think my suggestion earlier is still better than any other suggestions I've heard.. I think we see what we can learn for a few days and keep the possibility of a name reveal for a few days from now when we can also grill people on how they used their powers and see if we can catch anyone in lies or such. If we can get rid of a few company members, and Sylar is still out there, I think a mass name reveal is somewhat of a less risk at that point.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #167
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'ts 5pm, and I'm not sure how much more I'll be on tonight. Like I said before, with it strongly hinted that some players could possibly control time.. I don't want to get caught with an early deadline out of the blue.. So placing my vote now

Vote No Lynch
Old 03-03-2008, 04:25 PM   #168
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Checking in here...My power is pretty useless...I am thinking of revealing it because of that...anyone tell me why I shouldn't? I mean it is one that the wolves wouldnt care about and one that Sylar couldnt really use if I revealed it. Im new to this game...any good arguments againts revealing?
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #169
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Obviously the best course of action here.

vote no lynch
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #170
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Checking in here...My power is pretty useless...I am thinking of revealing it because of that...anyone tell me why I shouldn't? I mean it is one that the wolves wouldnt care about and one that Sylar couldnt really use if I revealed it. Im new to this game...any good arguments againts revealing?

I suggest you keep your power to yourself for now.

It may seem useless at this point but down the road it could be usefull.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #171
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Just a heads up folks, I'm outta here until 9 AM EST tomorrow. PM any questions (so I don't miss them in-thread).

Peace!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:03 PM   #172
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't think people should be voting Pass simply because he's suggesting a strategy one disagrees with. I kind of agree with his points, actually. Anyway I support no lynch.

UNVOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST
VOTE NO LYNCH

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #173
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

For now I am going with No Lynch.

Vote No Lynch
Old 03-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #174
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Unvote Pass
Vote NO Lynch
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #175
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Vote NoLynch
Old 03-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #176
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I guess.

Vote No Lynch
Old 03-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #177
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Ok, I guess.

Vote No Lynch

if you have a different opinion by all means voice it.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #178
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Time to put in a vote -- the way Alan is arguing against reveals seems fishy.

VOTE ALAN T

Just to be clear -- I said the WAY that Alan is arguing seems fishy. I'll talk more about what I mean when I get a chance -- I'm making dinner now, and might not get to do that until tomorrow -- we'll see if work lets me do that before deadline. I'm fine with no lynch, however.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #179
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Checking in. My power is a fairly reasonable extrapolation from my "TV show" ability to the framework of this game, so I'm in the "not reveal" camp.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #180
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay. I've read the rules. So we have decided that revealing who we are is not to our advantage as heroes, right?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #181
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think we should reveal... and that seems to be the general consensus.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 06:41 PM   #182
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE NO LYNCH

seems like a no-brainer. Interested to see what Pass has to say about "the way alan is arguing" though
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:08 PM   #183
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Save the cheerleader, save the world. Hero checking in.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:10 PM   #184
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1pm lynches? I, wow. That's interesting. I'm most likely to make my votes at night/early morning. My internet usage is spotty. Sometimes I have a ton, sometimes, like today, I have next to none.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #185
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE NO LYNCH.

Seems appropriate. We don't have an ounce of evidence right now...but I seem to recall we like having voting patterns for whatever reason. I'm really out of the loop, though. It's like I've been gone since November or something.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #186
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE NO LYNCH.

I must be rusty. I forgot to bold it the first time.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #187
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
if you have a different opinion by all means voice it.

I don't have an opinion.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #188
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I don't have an opinion.

ok, I read the tone of your post as havng a touch of reluctance
Old 03-03-2008, 07:25 PM   #189
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm OK with no lynch, but a little worried that we could be giving up two kills per night - one to Company, one to Sylar. The kills to Sylar, if it follows the show, equate to him gaining powers. For better or worse, people we lynch don't get eaten by Sylar. And we gain no info from a player on the hot seat if we vote no lynch. No matter the format, werewolf is always about gaining information. Do we really gain more information by not applying any pressure for one day in the thread rather than taking a shot at a bad guy with a largely random Day 1 vote?

Those are the reasons to go against the trend. Just making sure that someone is actually representing them in the thread before we all go down the no lynch path.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #190
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I'm OK with no lynch, but a little worried that we could be giving up two kills per night - one to Company, one to Sylar. The kills to Sylar, if it follows the show, equate to him gaining powers. For better or worse, people we lynch don't get eaten by Sylar. And we gain no info from a player on the hot seat if we vote no lynch. No matter the format, werewolf is always about gaining information. Do we really gain more information by not applying any pressure for one day in the thread rather than taking a shot at a bad guy with a largely random Day 1 vote?

Those are the reasons to go against the trend. Just making sure that someone is actually representing them in the thread before we all go down the no lynch path.

I was thinking the same thing Hoops...though we will still have the results of the scans and whatnot, we will still be getting information N1. I'm fine with a No Lynch for one night, but we have to start analyzing info and vote someone out tomorrow night...
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:40 PM   #191
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So hoops, your telling me you think there will be 2 kills every night? Seems like alot.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I don't know how it is going to work. If I had to guess then I would think the Company kills every night and Sylar every other one while he is out there, but we (villagers) will all get to find out together over the next couple of days.

I just think that people are jumping on the "no lynch" idea pretty quickly. And I generally don't like bandwagons. So I wanted to at least present the opposing viewpoint, which I felt had been under-represented up to this point.

I'm probably going to put a vote on someone rather than go "no lynch", even if it is appears to be futile.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #193
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So you are concerned with an above average number of night kills, yet want to make an uninformed day 1 lynch that will most likely result in the death of a valuable asset?
Old 03-03-2008, 07:57 PM   #194
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

you have a point Lathum, but remember the only extra, certified info we will have tommorow will be the role of whoever the company kills
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 PM   #195
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I'm of the opinion that we need to get information - just like an other game of werewolf. Applying pressure is one way to do it. Runaway "no lynch" decisions is not a way to apply pressure to anyone.

Is the pressure applied on Day 1 often misdirected? Yep, especially when the final votes come in. But I'm not wild about the idea of foregoing discussion on players for a day, even if the end result is going to be "No Lynch". In fact, I would much rather see a tight vote - with or without "No Lynch" as one of the options available for voting.

Player A = 7 votes
Player B = 7 votes
No Lynch = 8 votes

That works just fine for me.

No Lynch = 20 votes
Player A = 2 votes
Player B = 1 vote

That doesn't work for me at all, in terms of getting value from the day.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #196
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I think hoopsguy is right. We need people to talk...
Old 03-03-2008, 08:46 PM   #197
The Jackal
Coordinator

For once I didn't think people were going to go for the no lynch option, but I guess if there are good roles that figure out bad roles, we need them around. I guess without knowing how much can happen on a given day/night we should test the waters.

Vote No Lynch
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #198
hoopsguy
General Manager

Jackal, you have ruined your 0 posts total.

Note that this is not the reason I'm voting for you, just a random observation. The reason for the vote is the initial check-in post "Skylar would be cool" and the tag-along reasoning in your last post. Without any evidence to work off of today, I'll follow my gut for a Day 1 vote.

VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 03-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #199
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

just so we get someone talking...

UNVOTE No Lynch

VOTE THE JACKAL
Old 03-03-2008, 09:26 PM   #200
SnDvls
Pro Starter