Osmos - $1.99
Call of Duty: World at War - $24.99
Civ 4 - $6.79
FIFA Manager 10 - $33.49
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #402
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I just purchased Torchlight for $9.95 on D2D... addicting little game.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:18 PM   #403
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: If you go for Max Payne do the bundle for $3.74 which gives you both games
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 AM   #404
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
dola: If you go for Max Payne do the bundle for $3.74 which gives you both games

And I did....thanks. Good to be back home.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:09 AM   #405
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Not exactly a game, but probably fits best in this thread. The movie 'Armored', which is still in theaters, has been made available on PS3 and PSP through the PSN store as a free download. Can't beat that price......

Break into the PlayStation Store, get Armored for free
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #406
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Has anyone tried Hinterland? I'm thinking about picking up the Tilted Mill collection since I like Children of the Nile and Hinterland sounds interesting.

I did buy the Tilted Mill collection but I've bought so many games in the last week that I've yet to put in more than 45 minutes with Hinterland so I can't really comment on it. It's interesting and seems at first sight quite easy to pick up and play.

I'll say that Hinterland was the main reason why I bought the collection. I've yet to even fire up either of the Children of the Nile games or Mosby's Confederacy...

FM
Old 12-31-2009, 01:38 PM   #407
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Not exactly a game, but probably fits best in this thread. The movie 'Armored', which is still in theaters, has been made available on PS3 and PSP through the PSN store as a free download. Can't beat that price......

Break into the PlayStation Store, get Armored for free

Anyone able to find this on the PlayStation Store. I've looked around and can only find the trailer.
BillJasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 03:00 PM   #408
PilotMan
Head Coach

New Years Eve Steam Deals

Street Fighter IV - 9.99
Crysis Maximum Edition - 13.59
Half Life: Souce - 2.49
Medieval II: Total War - 4.99
Shattered Horizon - 4.99
Multiwinia & Darwinia - 2.99

That's a solid deal for Crysis.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:42 PM   #409
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Their system requirements *claim* Vista compatibility. But yeah, if anyone takes the plunge, let us know.

I'm going to take the plunge now. 10 dollars is cheap enough to take a flier. Plus, I'm getting Evil Genius for 1.99.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:24 PM   #410
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I haven't tried X-com on my main computer with Windows 7, 64 bit, but it is running perfectly on my laptop with Vista. It's using dosbox and is playing much better than it did on my older computer the last time I tried to get it work properly.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:35 PM   #411
hukarez
College Starter

Wow!

I'm surprised my account is still here on Steam. Having remembered my credentials et all, and having the client loaded on my new gaming laptop, I went ahead and picked up:

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut
Company of Heroes + Opposing Forces
Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor
World in Conflict + Soviet Assault
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl + Clear Sky
Mount & Blade
Hinterland
Crysis Complete

Now, I'm going to go hang myself while waiting for these downloads to complete.
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:39 PM   #412
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i've really enjoyed World in Conflict so far - thought it was a very underrated, or under-recognized game.

does anyone know if i will be okay to have Steam version "CoH: Tales of Valor" and cd-versions of the main game and all?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 11:41 PM   #413
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i've really enjoyed World in Conflict so far - thought it was a very underrated, or under-recognized game.

does anyone know if i will be okay to have Steam version "CoH: Tales of Valor" and cd-versions of the main game and all?

Ironically, when I bought Empire: Total War on PC-DVD (mind you, I've heard about these games extensively, just never played any of them due to seriously outdated hardware), Steam automatically recognized my copy and added it. Not sure if that's the case for any older games?
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #414
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i need to upgrade my laptop to play empire i think (although with new video driver maybe i should try the demo again...it just had some lag...)
Old 01-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #415
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez View Post
Ironically, when I bought Empire: Total War on PC-DVD (mind you, I've heard about these games extensively, just never played any of them due to seriously outdated hardware), Steam automatically recognized my copy and added it. Not sure if that's the case for any older games?

That game and a handful of others (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was another) are actually primarily distributed through Steam, the DVD is just for folks who don't want to download. When installed they typically have you install Steam as well and work through Steam.

Most other games just allow for Steam download as another option for distribution and won't connect that way. Civ IV is a good example, with the DVD it won't show up under Steam.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #416
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
That game and a handful of others (Dark Messiah of Might and Magic was another) are actually primarily distributed through Steam, the DVD is just for folks who don't want to download. When installed they typically have you install Steam as well and work through Steam.

Yeah, they used Steam as copy protection. As have a few others even when distributed on DVD.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #417
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

new video driver makes empire run much more smoothly - might have to grab it this weekend!!!
Old 01-01-2010, 03:45 PM   #418
SackAttack
Head Coach

Sam and Max complete first two seasons on Steam for $14.99...glad I held off on the Telltale pack, since Sam and Max is all I really wanted.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:23 PM   #419
PilotMan
Head Coach

Sam and Max is awesome, but I have 101-104 already and don't think I will add any more. I did pick up Portal today for 4.99 though.

Like Steam?

Old 01-01-2010, 06:37 PM   #420
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Sam and Max complete first two seasons on Steam for $14.99...glad I held off on the Telltale pack, since Sam and Max is all I really wanted.

okay, I read a bit about Sam and Max but want to hear from FOFCers. What's it like to play it?

Looks like short-ish type of clue-hint-solve a puzzle game, right?

Read in a review that the first game can take about 4 hours to finish.

FM
Old 01-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #421
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Sam and Max is basically a point-and-click adventure game. Solving a puzzle pretty much involves finding an item and then going to the right place to use it. I only played the first episode, and I thought it was hilarious. It was fun and amusing, and it wasn't too easy or too difficult for me. I just bought the complete pack from Steam. Looks like it'll be worth the $15 to me, and I would love to play the first episode again anyway (I played it through Gametap, which I no longer subscribe to).
Old 01-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #422
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Over the holidays I've quadrupled the number of games I've bought on Steam from two to eight. I'm looking forward to playing Mass Effect tomorrow once all 10+ GBs download (it's going slowly, I suspect there's a lot of people buying and downloading a ton of stuff). Medieval II Total War and Rome Total War Gold are another two that I've wanted to try for some time, buying all three of these games today for like $12 was nice, when there's a good deal on console games it's something like getting a $50-60 game for $30-40, PC gaming ftw.

Last edited by Big Fo : 01-01-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:18 PM   #423
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm wondering if Empire will go on sale or not...might just bite the bullet and buy it
Old 01-01-2010, 07:20 PM   #424
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Over the holidays I've quadrupled the number of games I've bought on Steam from two to eight. I'm looking forward to playing Mass Effect tomorrow once all 10+ GBs download (it's going slowly, I suspect there's a lot of people buying and downloading a ton of stuff). Medieval II Total War and Rome Total War Gold are another two that I've wanted to try for some time, buying all three of these games today for like $12 was nice, when there's a good deal on console games it's something like getting a $50-60 game for $30-40, PC gaming ftw.

Yeah, I'm downloading Mass Effect right now and I suspect it is going to be going all night. These deals are so good that it is hard to resist stocking up on some PC games.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #425
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
i'm wondering if Empire will go on sale or not...might just bite the bullet and buy it

It already did, was at $25 at one point.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:38 PM   #426
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It already did, was at $25 at one point.

damn!

oh well...it's like $41 with all the downloadable content right now...not a bad deal
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #427
PilotMan
Head Coach

I really, really, want to play Mass Effect, but for some reason it won't run on my laptop. My integrated video card isn't supported, but it's the only game that I have had any problem with. Still, I just really want to play it. It's killing me, and I have tried various fixes but just can't get it to run.

Like Steam?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #428
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I really, really, want to play Mass Effect, but for some reason it won't run on my laptop. My integrated video card isn't supported, but it's the only game that I have had any problem with. Still, I just really want to play it. It's killing me, and I have tried various fixes but just can't get it to run.

no 360?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:35 PM   #429
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
These deals are so good that it is hard to resist stocking up on some PC games.

this is so darn true. Steam had some nice prices prior to this sale (picked up KotOR for $2.49 and even if I paid $9.99 for Torchlight and it eventually dropped to half of that, it was still a decent price) but some of these are just too good to pass up.

It's simply crazy now. So far I've bought 10 new games in that Holiday sales and I'm still thinking about adding Sam & Max before tomorrow's deadline and Titan Quest Gold to my tally. I mean, TQ Gold is pretty much two more games there there and for a mere $10, if I only get a weekend of fun with each, I'll have made up the expense...

FM
Old 01-01-2010, 09:36 PM   #430
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
this is so darn true. Steam had some nice prices prior to this sale (picked up KotOR for $2.49 and even if I paid $9.99 for Torchlight and it eventually dropped to half of that, it was still a decent price) but some of these are just too good to pass up.

It's simply crazy now. So far I've bought 10 new games in that Holiday sales and I'm still thinking about adding Sam & Max before tomorrow's deadline and Titan Quest Gold to my tally. I mean, TQ Gold is pretty much two more games there there and for a mere $10, if I only get a weekend of fun with each, I'll have made up the expense...

FM

Yep. All of the good pub about Sam & Max in this thread is making me think about picking that up. I've never even heard of that game/series before today.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #431
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Yep. All of the good pub about Sam & Max in this thread is making me think about picking that up. I've never even heard of that game/series before today.

Absolutely. Probably not the kind of game I'd pick up at the actually low price of $9 per episode, but to get some, what 12-13 episodes for $15?!? If they take 4 hours each to play out, looks like a pretty good deal to me...

FM
Old 01-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #432
Axxon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Absolutely. Probably not the kind of game I'd pick up at the actually low price of $9 per episode, but to get some, what 12-13 episodes for $15?!? If they take 4 hours each to play out, looks like a pretty good deal to me...

FM

I know, I played one episode on GameTap and had a blast. Now, it's not something I'd pay a lot of money for but for $15 to get all the episodes, I'm sure I'll get my moneys worth out of these. I like the fact that I can actually complete an episode before I lose interest and want to move on to a new game. Big plus.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #433
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

damn!

oh well...it's like $41 with all the downloadable content right now...not a bad deal

Wait, which game are we talking about? Empire: Total War is still $24.99 on Steam right now.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #434
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

yep. 24.99 plus all the downloadable content (warpath campaign, etc) brings it up to like 44, but that's still cheaper than it was at retail, so i just purchased
Old 01-02-2010, 02:54 PM   #435
Danny
Head Coach

Too bad I missed Sam and Max deal, I probably would have ordered that one. Only game on these deals I have gotten so far is Torchlight for $5, not that interested in most of these.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #436
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

you know what, this whole buying and downloading games has made me feel old. I mean, here I am downloading Titan Quest (yeah, I pulled the trigger, heh) and its 2.6 GB at a pretty good pace of 750 KB/S. Heck, its demo was 700 MB or so and then I think about my first computer with a hard drive, cause my C64 didn't count, and it had a whopping 10 MB hard drive and was not connected to anything by phone... sigh...

FM
Old 01-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #437
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
you know what, this whole buying and downloading games has made me feel old. I mean, here I am downloading Titan Quest (yeah, I pulled the trigger, heh) and its 2.6 GB at a pretty good pace of 750 KB/S. Heck, its demo was 700 MB or so and then I think about my first computer with a hard drive, cause my C64 didn't count, and it had a whopping 10 MB hard drive and was not connected to anything by phone... sigh...

FM

Yeah, I felt the same way when I bought the X-com pack and realized the original X-com game (plus the included dosbox) was only 20 MB, and then thought about how huge that was back in the day.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #438
PilotMan
Head Coach

20 MB huge, my first PC hard drive was only 40 MB, I remember when 6 1.44 3.5 disks was huge. Or games that had 2 5.25 floppy disks? Not just 1, but 2. Thats huge!!!

Like Steam?

Old 01-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #439
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Flopy drives nuthin', I yearn for the days of waiting 20 minutes for my copy of 'Omega Race' to load from my Vic 20's tape drive.

THE WONDER COMPUTER OF THE 1980s!
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #440
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Flopy drives nuthin', I yearn for the days of waiting 20 minutes for my copy of 'Omega Race' to load from my Vic 20's tape drive.

THE WONDER COMPUTER OF THE 1980s!

Ah I loved doing hat with my old Atari 400...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #441
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
20 MB huge, my first PC hard drive was only 40 MB, I remember when 6 1.44 3.5 disks was huge. Or games that had 2 5.25 floppy disks? Not just 1, but 2. Thats huge!!!

heck yeah, I mean there were a few games on the C64 that were humongous, with 5-6 5.25 floppies.

Oh, and I know that TQ at 2.6 GB is nowhere near one of the biggest download possible. There are bigger beasts out there. Speaking of which, what's the biggest you remember having to download?

FM
Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #442
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

I remember Ultima IV on my apple 2c has like 4 floppies, that was amazing to me.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #443
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It still baffles me to this day that a game as "graphic intensive" (at the time) and complex of SimCity 2000 fit on 2 3.5" install floppies. What amazing programming.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 01-03-2010 at 11:31 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:48 AM   #444
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I remember Ultima IV on my apple 2c has like 4 floppies, that was amazing to me.

yeah, Ultima III or IV was one of the first big ones I remember playing... Earl Weaver Baseball was a reasonable two floppies iirc... Good times.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 01-03-2010 at 11:58 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #445
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, meanwhile, I thought that by the sale going on "through Jan 3", they meant yesterday was the last day of deals but it refreshed again at noon. Mostly deals that were already offered though, but if you missed out on Torchlight at $4.99 or STALKER Chernobyl for $2, maybe now's the time. Bioshock is also featured again.

Not that I need any new games, but I'm downloading the demo for Defense Grid... sigh. I'm hopeless...

FM
Old 01-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #446
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not that I need any new games, but I'm downloading the demo for Defense Grid... sigh. I'm hopeless...

For $2.49, I'm seriously tempted to just buy it. But then I bought World of Zoo for $4.99 yesterday (for my daughter, who loves it, she immediately made a purple monkey) so my budget may be done.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:04 PM   #447
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
For $2.49, I'm seriously tempted to just buy it. But then I bought World of Zoo for $4.99 yesterday (for my daughter, who loves it, she immediately made a purple monkey) so my budget may be done.

I ended up buying it, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Chernobyl for another total hit of $4.49. Again, I know I'll get way more than that in enjoyment of any kind...

FM
Old 01-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #448
PilotMan
Head Coach

Defense Grid rocks. Already got way more than my money's worth out of it. I picked up World in Conflict yesterday too.

Like Steam?

Old 01-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #449
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Defense Grid rocks. Already got way more than my money's worth out of it.

no shit, that's one seriously funny little game. I'm only up to the fourth level or so, but so far it's been all fun.

FM
Old 01-05-2010, 03:08 PM   #450
boberot
High School Varsity

Crap, I missed all of those smoking deals by a matter of minutes.
Does anybody know how often they have those insane mark-down deals?
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote