Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2009, 10:01 AM   #351
endemicFOF
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Big 10 returns a lot from last year while the other conferences took some heavy hits. Kind of early to say how it will all play out but Id be very surprised if the Big Ten didnt finish in the top 3.

Agreed, the Big Ten is stacked(and will be for quite some time), as good as any conference top to bottom, imo.

8 Teams(MSU, Wisky, Illinois, Michigan, Purdue, Ohio State, Minnesota, Penn State) have the talent to make the NCAA's and win a game or two, with Purdue and MSU having enough firepower to win the whole thing if they are hot at the right time. Northwestern(what a horrible, horrible break for Carmody, just terrible) would have been in that group if they didn't lose one of the best players(Kevin Coble-think poor man's Dirk) in the conference. Indiana is still pretty bad, but they will be back in a year or two. Iowa? Not much hope...maybe if Tyler Smith from Tennessee had stuck around.

Last edited by endemicFOF : 12-03-2009 at 10:59 AM.
endemicFOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #352
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Impressive that Missouri kept it close despite getting out-rebounded 45-24. Missouri needs their big guys to step it up in the rebounding department if they want to get back to the NCAA tourney. They've got Oregon next up which is a very winnable game. Illinois is probably the biggest test left on their non-conference schedule and that too is a winnable game despite the Illini's recent domination over MU. If the Tigers can get some production from their interior then they have a shot to finish in the top half of the Big 12 conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Yeah, the ref blew a key call at the end that cost Mizzou two free throws to take the lead with less than a minute left. Vandy's a good team, but it's unfortunate that the refs dictated the finish of that game. With that said, certainly not a big deal for Mizzou overall. There's no shame in losing at Vandy.

Can't believe that OU/UA score. Oklahoma is an average team at best right now. Losing to an average team by 20 points at home is a good way for Pelphrey to get fired.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:04 AM   #353
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Does Pelphrey get another year? If not who do you think Arkansas will look at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Oklahoma is a bad team and Arkansas is much worse right now.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:11 AM   #354
endemicFOF
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Impressive that Missouri kept it close despite getting out-rebounded 45-24. Missouri needs their big guys to step it up in the rebounding department if they want to get back to the NCAA tourney. They've got Oregon next up which is a very winnable game. Illinois is probably the biggest test left on their non-conference schedule and that too is a winnable game despite the Illini's recent domination over MU. If the Tigers can get some production from their interior then they have a shot to finish in the top half of the Big 12 conference.

The Illinois-Mizzou rivalry in football/basketball makes me laugh. It's as if the two schools said "we will give you this sport, if you give us the other". Seriously though, do you have the streak numbers at hand? I think Mizzou has won at least ten straight in football, and Illinois is extremely close to that number in basketball. I think Mizzou's bball program is on a much better path than Illinois' football program, so they "win", for now. Nevertheless, this year's bball game should be fun to watch...

I'm kind of sad the two school decided to cancel the football series, but I can see why Illinois wanted to do it. Mizzou always had a 70/30 fan advantage, and home games are king. Maybe schedule the game every three/four years or so...

Last edited by endemicFOF : 12-03-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:14 AM   #355
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
Oklahoma is a bad team and Arkansas is much worse right now.

I feel for you all. Arkansas is a great fan base. They deserve better than what they're getting right now. I don't know where the disconnect is (coaches, players, etc.), but it's tough to watch.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:16 AM   #356
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by endemicFOF View Post
The Illinois-Mizzou rivalry in football/basketball makes me laugh. It's as if the two schools said "we will give you this sport, if you give us the other". Seriously though, do you have the streak numbers at hand? I think Mizzou has won at least ten straight in football, and Illinois is extremely close to that number in basketball. I think Mizzou's bball program is on a much better path than Illinois' football program, so they "win", for now. Nevertheless, this year's bball game should be fun to watch...

I'm kind of sad the two school decided to cancel the football series, but I can see why Illinois wanted to do it. Mizzou always had a 70/30 fan advantage, and home games are king. Maybe schedule the game every three/four years or so...

Yeah, it's pretty odd. The basketball streak for Illinois is nine. It's weird to see that because most of those games have been down to the wire. Really hope they end it this year.

Illinois had to cancel that football game just because it had become a momentum killer for them. Scheduling a tough early season battle in football is obviously much different than a good battle in basketball.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #357
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

If Mizzou doesn't finish in the top half of the conference, it will be a big setback. Mizzou is likely to finish the non-conference season at 12-3. Mizzou should be a top 4-5 team in conference at a minimum and should have at least 21-22 wins.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #358
Kodos
Resident Alien

Glad to see the Big Ten finally win the Big Ten/ACC challenge. Too bad Indiana is still the dreck of the Big Ten, but given time, we'll be back to being a top-shelf basketball team.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #359
hoopsguy
General Manager

Kodos, what do you think that timetable is? I love to pound on the Hoosiers, but I'm legitimately interested in what a coherent IU fan thinks is the timetable that the team will return to the top third of the Big Ten and be a Top 20 team nationally.

Also, what are the thoughts on Crean at this point in Year 2? Last year the focus seemed to be effort on the floor plus recruiting. Is that still the case, or have the expectations gone up a bit? Is the answer different now than it was before the first game of the season?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:38 AM   #360
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Man, would be nice to drop our worst team from the shootout. Indiana was an auto-win for ACC.

For the first 6 years the Big 10 got to drop two teams since they had 11 and the ACC had 9.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:42 AM   #361
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I feel for you all. Arkansas is a great fan base. They deserve better than what they're getting right now. I don't know where the disconnect is (coaches, players, etc.), but it's tough to watch.

Suspensions have had a lot do with it, I think, in terms of being able to establish team chemistry. But yeah, even though we don't have a great post game outside of Michael Washington (IMO), we still have way too much talent to be doing as bad as we are right now, especially with those horrendous three losses last week.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #362
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I don't know. Your predictions about Missouri athletics haven't been the most accurate, lol. Missouri has the guard talent to finish in the top half, but their post play looks like it's in need of some work. I think it's too early to predict anything given how most teams haven't really been tested yet. I could see Missouri finishing in the lower half of the conference if they don't get their bigs involved.

Quote:
If Mizzou doesn't finish in the top half of the conference, it will be a big setback. Mizzou is likely to finish the non-conference season at 12-3. Mizzou should be a top 4-5 team in conference at a minimum and should have at least 21-22 wins.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #363
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Kodos, what do you think that timetable is? I love to pound on the Hoosiers, but I'm legitimately interested in what a coherent IU fan thinks is the timetable that the team will return to the top third of the Big Ten and be a Top 20 team nationally.

Also, what are the thoughts on Crean at this point in Year 2? Last year the focus seemed to be effort on the floor plus recruiting. Is that still the case, or have the expectations gone up a bit? Is the answer different now than it was before the first game of the season?

I think a lot of Indiana fans are in for disappointment this year. There is already a lot of heartburn. The other night, most folks at Scout were predicting we'd beat Maryland. As you know, that did not happen. A top 10 class in its first year just isn't going to translate into much more winning this year, I don't think. They may be stars in the future, but right now their inexperience is showing. They turn the ball over a ton. They jack up shots that they shouldn't. If they don't get a quick score in transition, the half-court offense doesn't run all that well. I think expectations are being adjusted down right now throughout the fanbase.

I still believe that Crean will get us back to where we want to be, but we are going to take a lot more lumps along the way before we get there. We need to be patient. Bring some more talent in, and let the talent we have get some experience. I hope that this season we can stay competitive in games even if we don't win. We'll probably have to settle for moral victories more often than we'd like. I don't expect many Big Ten wins. Maybe three or four. Maybe not even that many. I hope next year we can turn the corner and start climbing up the Big Ten ranks a bit. Maybe the year after that, move up to being a good team. Maybe in year four of Tom Crean we'll break back into the Top 25. I know it is going to be a long process. I don't think all of our fanbase realizes that or accepts it.

Still, I only wish that I had this kind of hope for our football team. I'd trade a top 25 basketball team for a top 25 football team any day.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-03-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #364
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

At the Big Ten Tourney last year I was sitting next to a few Indiana fans...one guy was an older gentleman in his 60s. I thought he was going to have a heart-attack yelling at the kids they way he did.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #365
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I think a lot of Indiana fans are in for disappointment this year.

Is their best player from last year that was causing all the problems back this year? For some reason his name escapes me. He punched a MSU player in the nads I believe.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #366
Kodos
Resident Alien

It is really tough being an IU sports fan right now. Our football team is terrible, as always, with little hope of turning things around. Our one bright spot, Terry Hoeppner, died of a brain tumor a couple years back, and his successor, Bill Lynch, is awful. IU's administration is still paying buyouts for guys like Sampson and don't seem to want to pay out for a good football coach after opening the wallet to get Crean.

Basketball is obviously down since we had to start from scratch last year. The road ahead looks long right now.

Basically, pretty bleak times, since football and basketball are the only college sports I follow.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #367
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Is their best player from last year that was causing all the problems back this year? For some reason his name escapes me. He punched a MSU player in the nads I believe.

Dumes? Is that who you're thinking of?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #368
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Dumes? Is that who you're thinking of?

Yes
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #369
Kodos
Resident Alien

He's still with the team. I think he's stayed out of trouble so far. Honestly, my attention doesn't fully shift to basketball until football season is over (NFL). Football is by far my favorite sport. Basketball runs a distant second for me. I've watched a few games, but I'm sure there are more knowledgeable IU basketball fans on the board.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-03-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #370
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He's still with the team. I think he's stayed out of trouble so far. Honestly, my attention doesn't fully shift to basketball until football season is over (NFL). Football is by far my favorite sport. Basketball runs a distant second for me. I've watched a few games, but I'm sure there are more knowledgeable IU basketball fans on the board.

Ok, I understand. Thanks

I looked him up and he isnt starting and has been really struggling this year shooting 28% and scoring 5 points a game. This Maurice Creek looks like a good player.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #371
endemicFOF
n00b

Quote:

I still believe that Crean will get us back to where we want to be, but we are going to take a lot more lumps along the way
So do I, it may take a bit longer due to the excellent coaching/talent that the B10 has acquired over the past few years, but by the time 2012-2013 comes around, I expect Indiana to be sweet 16 material. Crean is the real deal, and one of the best coaches in the NCAA ranks.

Last edited by endemicFOF : 12-03-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #372
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by endemicFOF View Post
So do I, it may take a bit longer due to the excellent coaching/talent that the B10 has acquired over the past few years, but by the time 2012-2013 comes around, I expect Indiana to be sweet 16 material. Crean is the real deal, and one of the best coaches in the NCAA ranks.

+1.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #373
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Kudos to the Texas Tech Red Raiders for knocking off #10 ranked Washington in the Big 12 - Pac 10 challenge.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #374
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh Avery Bradley, why couldnt you have just studied for the SAT a little harder
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #375
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Kudos to the Texas Tech Red Raiders for knocking off #10 ranked Washington in the Big 12 - Pac 10 challenge.

Wow I completely missed the overtime in this one after shutting off the tv in disgust. Poor defense in the first half and poor FT shooting killed Washington in this one. Elston Turner went 0 for 2 from the line with 4 seconds left and the scored tied.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #376
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Wow I completely missed the overtime in this one after shutting off the tv in disgust. Poor defense in the first half and poor FT shooting killed Washington in this one. Elston Turner went 0 for 2 from the line with 4 seconds left and the scored tied.

We got outplayed and looked like shit the first half.

The question I have is shouldn't Tech have gotten a technical foul for all the students storming the court when the game wasn't over?

Either way, gotta play better, we forced the ball to much and got beat at our own game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #377
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I don't know. Your predictions about Missouri athletics haven't been the most accurate, lol. Missouri has the guard talent to finish in the top half, but their post play looks like it's in need of some work. I think it's too early to predict anything given how most teams haven't really been tested yet. I could see Missouri finishing in the lower half of the conference if they don't get their bigs involved.

While fully understanding that you didn't do any leg work to look at what we have left in our non-conference, I'd note that I had Mizzou at 4-2 in my prediction for this year. At this point, I'm spot on. I also had them finishing with 21 wins. Given what I've see thus far from Mizzou's opponents and from Mizzou, I see very little to change that prediction.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #378
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Amazing to see Texas struggling so much against a USC team that just lost to Nebraska at home. I know Rick Barnes has already said that his team is highly overrated, but this is ridiculous.

And of course, as soon as I post that, Texas goes from a 3 point lead with 8 minutes left and stretches it to a 20 point lead with 2 minutes left. That must have been one helluva a 'under 8' timeout pep talk by Barnes.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-03-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:22 PM   #379
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
While fully understanding that you didn't do any leg work to look at what we have left in our non-conference, I'd note that I had Mizzou at 4-2 in my prediction for this year. At this point, I'm spot on. I also had them finishing with 21 wins. Given what I've see thus far from Mizzou's opponents and from Mizzou, I see very little to change that prediction.

I suppose there's a first time for everything.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:57 PM   #380
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I don't think you would ever see the technical called for students rushing the floor in that situation whether it is supposed to be called or not. Its better to just let the teams decide it in overtime.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:07 PM   #381
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I suppose there's a first time for everything.

Do they have Division I basketball on the West Coast anymore?
Old 12-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #382
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Do they have Division I basketball on the West Coast anymore?

You really are a clown sometimes. PAC 10 lost a ton of talent last year and yes, the conference is down a bit but I guess you feel like you can talk shit while the Big 12 pads their resume.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 10:29 AM   #383
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
You really are a clown sometimes. PAC 10 lost a ton of talent last year and yes, the conference is down a bit but I guess you feel like you can talk shit while the Big 12 pads their resume.

You're right. I shouldn't have stooped to Kalifornia's level of discussion. I apologize to all the West Coast basketball fans not posting under the handle Kalifornia.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #384
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

If I recall, you predicted a loss to Old Dominion on a neutral floor which makes me wonder how Missouri would finish in the top 4-5 of the Big 12. Old Dominion is a solid team that returns a number of starters from a team that finished third in the Colonial. But if you're predicting a top 4-5 finish in the Big 12 then you'd better expect a win over a team like Old Dominion.

Missouri is 4-2 right now with nine non-conference games left. Illinois is the only loss I'd pencil in and that's not even a guarantee since it's a neutral site in St. Louis. So we'll say 12-3 after the non-conference. That means you're predicting a 9-7 finish in the Big 12?

I honestly couldn't make a prediction for Missouri right now. The losses to Richmond and Vanderbilt surprised me. Texas A&M, Colorado, and Texas Tech are playing better than expected. Oklahoma and KSU are playing less than expected. I think Missouri will be around the 7-9 to 9-7 mark based off what I've seen.

Quote:
Old 12-04-2009, 12:16 PM   #385
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Just want to note I'm a Big 12 fan who respects the heck out of the Pac 10. Not all Big 12 fans need to stroke our ego like MBBF. The Pac 10 a great conference that's going through a tough year due to a number of defections to the NBA. I'm looking forward to some great Big 12/Pac 10 match-ups in the coming years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:33 PM   #386
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Not all Big 12 fans need to stroke our ego like MBBF.

Kalifornia was being a jackass and I responded in kind. Get over yourself beaker.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-04-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #387
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Why do you always seem to pick fights on these forums? Reverting to name calling because of the school I favor? How old are you?

Quote:
Kalifornia was being a jackass and I responded in kind. Get over yourself beaker.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #388
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
You're right. I shouldn't have stooped to Kalifornia's level of discussion. I apologize to all the West Coast basketball fans not posting under the handle Kalifornia.

FYI......Karlifornia
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #389
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Why do you always seem to pick fights on these forums? Reverting to name calling because of the school I favor? How old are you?

I'd highly recommend simply not replying, or using the ignore button. It isn't going to change. Best case mbbf is going to severely overrate mizzou(and everyone they play in non-conference) and severely underrate everyone else in the big 12. Also, everyone else in the big 12 that is any good cheats, while Mizzou is above that. He also has inside information that no one else can access, and will never share his sources. And that's all when he's just spouting off by himself. It gets really silly really fast if anyone dares question his expertise.

Once everyone accepts these things to be true and adjusts accordingly, basketball season, and the discussion of basketball season here on FOFC, will be a lot more enjoyable

It's really a damn shame because there is a surprisingly large Missouri contingent here that generate some of the most reasonable and best chatter at FOFC(kcchief and MizzouRah immediately spring to mind and I know there are many others).
Old 12-04-2009, 03:15 PM   #390
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

North Carolina at Kentucky 12:30 Est tomorrow. Any predictions Radi?
Old 12-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #391
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Some of my best friends and closest family are Missouri fans. So I know from experience that MBBF is among the minority of Tiger fans. Sadly the craziest fans also seem to be the most vocal and thus portray the fan base inaccurately, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I'd highly recommend simply not replying, or using the ignore button. It isn't going to change. Best case mbbf is going to severely overrate mizzou(and everyone they play in non-conference) and severely underrate everyone else in the big 12. Also, everyone else in the big 12 that is any good cheats, while Mizzou is above that. He also has inside information that no one else can access, and will never share his sources. And that's all when he's just spouting off by himself. It gets really silly really fast if anyone dares question his expertise.

Once everyone accepts these things to be true and adjusts accordingly, basketball season, and the discussion of basketball season here on FOFC, will be a lot more enjoyable

It's really a damn shame because there is a surprisingly large Missouri contingent here that generate some of the most reasonable and best chatter at FOFC(kcchief and MizzouRah immediately spring to mind and I know there are many others).
Old 12-04-2009, 03:31 PM   #392
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Elston Turner went 0 for 2 from the line with 4 seconds left and the scored tied.
You could call that nerves, except that Elston is now 2-7 from the free throw line on the season. It's puzzling to me how a kid that is a good shooter can struggle like that at the line - I guess maybe nerves really are the problem?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM   #393
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Yeah, I'd agree. Meanstrosity is just looking to pick a fight at this point. The discussions were just fine as someone pointed out previously until he brought the attacks into the discussion.

Quote:
Some of my best friends and closest family are Missouri fans. So I know from experience that MBBF is among the minority of Tiger fans. Sadly the craziest fans also seem to be the most vocal and thus portray the fan base inaccurately, lol.

The irony of your above statement given your previous need to attack others in this thread is not lost on me.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-04-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 PM   #394
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
North Carolina at Kentucky 12:30 Est tomorrow. Any predictions Radi?

I think you could find major plusses and minuses for each team here.

-- Kentucky hasn't had a real challenge yet, UNC has already had three games agianst ranked teams.
-- Kentucky has more talent
-- UNC has more depth
-- Its at Kentucky

Presumably Kentucky will have the best player on the floor in John Wall. Hopefully Marcus Ginyard will be guarding him most of the game and not Drew/Strickland.

The MSU game showed the best of what Carolina can be, at least at this point in the season. If they can knock down open 3's they may be next to impossible to beat. But they show some serious signs of youth... stupid turnovers, they had a couple turnovers in the backcourt late in the MSU game that by some miracle didn't hurt them at all. They are a poor free throw shooting team. The awful FT shooting at the end of the MSU game(bailed out by a couple offensive boards) wasn't an anomaly. This is a UNC team that is going to shoot 60-65% from the line as a team all season I fear.

Making a prediction, I'd say something like Kentucky 78, UNC 71. But if UNC hits 3's and gets a good game out of Larry Drew, frustrate Patterson with depth/energy, they could win by 20. If Kentucky can fluster Drew and defend the perimeter well, Kentucky could win by 20.

I'm so spoiled by Felton and Lawson... Drew is just such a big step down I fear him singlehandedly losing a few games for UNC. On the road against a talented Kentucky team seems like one of those times where Drew could easily collapse under the pressure. That's what I'll be paying attention to more than anything else.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:38 PM   #395
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Keon Lawrence has been reinstated at Seton Hall............

Quote:
SOUTH ORANGE, N.J.—Suspended Seton Hall junior guard Keon Lawrence will return to the basketball team at the end of the current semester.
The school made the announcement on Thursday, saying Lawrence will be eligible to play Dec. 19 when the Pirates host Temple.

Lawrence, a transfer from Missouri, was suspended last month following his involvement in a car accident on the Garden State Parkway. The university said his return comes with conditions that it cannot disclose under student privacy laws.

Lawrence received facial cuts in the November accident. Police said the 22-year-old Newark resident drove the wrong way on the parkway and collided with another car. He was charged with driving under the influence and with driving with a suspended license.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:50 PM   #396
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

How exactly did I attack you? All I said was that you can't blame me for questioning your predictions of Missouri athletics. You are the one during football season that claimed Nebraska would get rolled by Missouri. Let's be honest, you're a little more than biased when it comes to predicting Missouri athletics. So if my suggesting you let your bias get in the way of your predictions is deemed an attack...then you need a better hobby than sports.

Quote:
Yeah, I'd agree. Meanstrosity is just looking to pick a fight at this point. The discussions were just fine as someone pointed out previously until he brought the attacks into the discussion.

The irony of your above statement given your previous need to attack others in this thread is not lost on me.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #397
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, heck. I need to check into this thread now that we're already a month deep into basketball season.

I miss being able to see every game even if it is Alcorn State or something. I do like ESPN360, tho- I got to check out the Memphis game earlier.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 12-04-2009 at 04:00 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:59 PM   #398
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Oh, heck. I need to check into this thread now that we're already a month deep into basketball season.

SI

Where the hell have you been? You have a kid too?
Old 12-04-2009, 04:00 PM   #399
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

I like UNC in this one. It should be a great match-up between two teams that are going to push the ball up and down the court. I think both teams will have a lot of turnovers due to the pace, but I think UNC's experience will be the deciding factor in calming things down.

Quote:
I think you could find major plusses and minuses for each team here.

-- Kentucky hasn't had a real challenge yet, UNC has already had three games agianst ranked teams.
-- Kentucky has more talent
-- UNC has more depth
-- Its at Kentucky

Presumably Kentucky will have the best player on the floor in John Wall. Hopefully Marcus Ginyard will be guarding him most of the game and not Drew/Strickland.

The MSU game showed the best of what Carolina can be, at least at this point in the season. If they can knock down open 3's they may be next to impossible to beat. But they show some serious signs of youth... stupid turnovers, they had a couple turnovers in the backcourt late in the MSU game that by some miracle didn't hurt them at all. They are a poor free throw shooting team. The awful FT shooting at the end of the MSU game(bailed out by a couple offensive boards) wasn't an anomaly. This is a UNC team that is going to shoot 60-65% from the line as a team all season I fear.

Making a prediction, I'd say something like Kentucky 78, UNC 71. But if UNC hits 3's and gets a good game out of Larry Drew, frustrate Patterson with depth/energy, they could win by 20. If Kentucky can fluster Drew and defend the perimeter well, Kentucky could win by 20.

I'm so spoiled by Felton and Lawson... Drew is just such a big step down I fear him singlehandedly losing a few games for UNC. On the road against a talented Kentucky team seems like one of those times where Drew could easily collapse under the pressure. That's what I'll be paying attention to more than anything else.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #400
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
How exactly did I attack you? All I said was that you can't blame me for questioning your predictions of Missouri athletics. You are the one during football season that claimed Nebraska would get rolled by Missouri. Let's be honest, you're a little more than biased when it comes to predicting Missouri athletics. So if my suggesting you let your bias get in the way of your predictions is deemed an attack...then you need a better hobby than sports.

You were called out on it previously. If your memory is that short, review the archives.

I'm done with this discussion. Talk basketball or move on.