Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2011, 03:30 AM   #451
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Rockies win again against the Cubs, 5-0. What's funny to me is that Tulo clubbed all those home runs in Citi Field, which is notoriously difficult to get a home run at, but they get back to Denver and neither he nor anyone else got one out in one of the most home run-friendly parks in existence. Still, they're 11-2. In a usually tight and unpredictable division like the NL West, this sort of run to start the season means Colorado's going to be contending for the long haul this year, and not just for the Wild Card, either. Only other time they've had this sort of edge on the division was in '95, but that didn't hold up and they settled for the Wild Card.

In '95 they got off to a 12-5 start, but it was a season full of runs. They'd get hot, cool off, get hot, cool off. The most games over .500 they got to was +11, but they never really shook the Dodgers and they were actually pretty lucky to get the wild card. (they needed a great final month to edge Houston by a game)

That Rockies team won by mashing you, especially at Coors where they scored 485 runs in 72 games.

This version is a superior fielding team, has better pitching, and a more all around offensive game. This version is also a little more reliant on its stars. If Burks went down, there were 4 other 30 HR guys in the lineup. If Tulo goes down again, it's going to be a massive blow both offensively and defensively. in the purest sense of the word Most VALUABLE Player, Tulo wins in a landslide.

It's going to be interesting to watch and see if the pitching continues to hold up, if Ubaldo comes back as his nasty stuff self who will win 10 games simply by dominating (and losing a handfull because of his self destruct button), seeing if they can get any consistency out of 3B, and seeing what they do at the deadline if they need a player. (this organization is notorious for not making any major moves at the deadline, this could be a year where they need to make a move to hold off their competition.

I know one thing, this team is fun as hell to watch. They play great defense and they do a great job of taking advantage of other teams mistakes when given the chance.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #452
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've done a very good job about not worrying about the slow start the Giants got off to.

I'm not doing nearly as well at not worrying about the amazing start the Rockies have had.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #453
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Yuniesky Betancourt is terrible.

That is correct. Getting rid of him was the most satisfying part of the Greinke trade for any Royals fan.

Just keep in mind GMDM actually traded prospects to the M's to get him originally. It's still one of his top 5 worst moves. You don't trade assets for something someone else was trying to rid themselves of

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:09 AM   #454
lungs
Pro Rookie

I've generally thought of Doug Melvin as being a fairly decent General Manager. But going into a season with high hopes and having Yuniesky Betancourt as Plan A at shortstop with no even plausible Plan B has me questioning him right now.

The Brewers are employing some pretty wacked defensive shifts these days, I believe to cover up for their terrible infield defense. Betancourt has already recorded 11 out of zone plays (49 last year). At the very least, the coaching staff realizes that he has no range and are trying to cover up for it.

But watching that man hack away at the plate is just embarrasing. He gets lucky and hits one hard once in a while but I cannot stand the flailing away.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:00 PM   #455
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jim Tracy still manages the Rockies. Don't forget.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #456
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Jim Tracy still manages the Rockies. Don't forget.

440-469
161-185
534-625
72-90

168-123

The history of Rockies managers. Tracy is the last number. I'm not saying Tracy is the perfect manager, but the guys play hard for him and he's not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. He leaves starters in a little long sometimes, but other than that he's been terrific thus far.

As long as he has Tulo, he'll have the entire locker room. If the Rockies start losing, it'll be because of poor pitching or Tulo getting injured. I don't think Tracy will have much to do with it.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:23 AM   #457
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

This whole winning thing is fun. The worst pitching matchup for KC was yesterday (Felix vs. O'Sullivan). 7-0 win for the good guys is a fantastic result out of that. Hope the boys in blue can get the four game sweep today.

This town is going crazy right now about this start. Had a big crowd in the winery yesterday drinking and watching the game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:45 AM   #458
Dutch
"Dutch"

Wow, Rays are 6-8 suddenly...Johnny Damon with his 2nd walk-off hit in 3 days. After the loss of Carl Crawford and our horrible start, I figured the Rays would be 3-10 right now.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #459
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
This whole winning thing is fun. The worst pitching matchup for KC was yesterday (Felix vs. O'Sullivan). 7-0 win for the good guys is a fantastic result out of that. Hope the boys in blue can get the four game sweep today.

This town is going crazy right now about this start. Had a big crowd in the winery yesterday drinking and watching the game.

If this was the NFL, you would be starting the second half of the second game of the season. People getting way too happy about good starts and way too down about bad starts. (except the Red Sox...that's somewhat alarming)
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #460
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
If this was the NFL, you would be starting the second half of the second game of the season. People getting way too happy about good starts and way too down about bad starts. (except the Red Sox...that's somewhat alarming)

You obviously have never been a Royals fan. We root for one good 20 game stretch in an entire season. We're close to ticker-tape parade status at this point.

With that said, the last time we started this well was the 'We Believe' season under Tony Pena. That team finished four games over .500. That would be a fantastic season for a team with a $27M payroll and a ton of talent in the pipeline.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 AM   #461
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:

I think everything is relative. The Royals fans are excited about their start. I don't think any of them think they are going to win the WS because of that start, but this is a team that lost 95 games last year. Let em cheer for a little bit.

The Rockies are off to a great start and they were expected to contend for a playoff spot. The reason for the excitement?

Here are the Rockies Aprils the last number of years:

2007 - 10-16
2008 - 11-17
2009 - 8-12
2010 - 11-12
2011 - 11-3

It's exciting to get off to a good start like this for once. Doesn't mean they won't fall apart in May, but it's fun to actually have our head above water for once and not be chasing from the start of the season on.

It's early, but it's still fun.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:28 PM   #462
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
You obviously have never been a Royals fan. We root for one good 20 game stretch in an entire season. We're close to ticker-tape parade status at this point.

With that said, the last time we started this well was the 'We Believe' season under Tony Pena. That team finished four games over .500. That would be a fantastic season for a team with a $27M payroll and a ton of talent in the pipeline.

Yeah, rowech- no one is printing World Series tickets or even playoff tickets. We're just happy the team is winning. We know it could all be gone if they start a 6 game losing streak today. But we're just happy to have a few wins. I could probably count on one hand the number of times the Royals have won 10 of 14 since 2003.

To have it at the start of the season is a double bonus since we can at least dream a little and hold onto that Opening Day feeling of "anything can happen in a season". Most seasons, that's already gone by now.

SI

Old 04-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #463
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

But what's so different about the Red Sox start than any other start?

If you parse out the standings, only a couple of things really stand out from what you expect at the end of the season. The Indians and Royals will probably end up in the bottom of the AL Central, the Twins will likely be in the top 3 in the division, and the Red Sox will be much closer to the top of the AL East when all is said and done. Everyone else is where they should be (say, Texas and Colorado should contend for their divisions while Houston, Seattle, and the Mets should finish near the bottom) or just muddling along in the middle (any team with 6-9 wins at this point could do anything from win a division to finish in the basement).

I don't see how Boston is any different than the other three teams I mentioned. I'm pretty sure they're all outliers- with 30 data points, you're going to have those- and will correct themselves as the season progresses.

SI

Old 04-17-2011, 12:50 PM   #464
lungs
Pro Rookie

Nice to see that Ned has the Royals off to a nice start. How are the Royals fans liking Ned? He was a very divisive person amongst Brewer fans. I always like the guy, had the chance to meet him briefly in San Francisco once.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 PM   #465
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Some lady at the Rays-Twins game has a fucking cowbell. Really? A cowbell? Yesterday, some lameass was blowing a vuvuzela during the Twins' at-bats.

Can we contract the Rays already?

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 04-17-2011 at 01:50 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #466
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
But what's so different about the Red Sox start than any other start?

If you parse out the standings, only a couple of things really stand out from what you expect at the end of the season. The Indians and Royals will probably end up in the bottom of the AL Central, the Twins will likely be in the top 3 in the division, and the Red Sox will be much closer to the top of the AL East when all is said and done. Everyone else is where they should be (say, Texas and Colorado should contend for their divisions while Houston, Seattle, and the Mets should finish near the bottom) or just muddling along in the middle (any team with 6-9 wins at this point could do anything from win a division to finish in the basement).

I don't see how Boston is any different than the other three teams I mentioned. I'm pretty sure they're all outliers- with 30 data points, you're going to have those- and will correct themselves as the season progresses.

SI

I think the Twins are in trouble this year. No Mauer again. Nathan useless. Some guys starting to show age as well. Not liking them this season.

Boston will finish with a winning record. The problem is the division they're in. They can't afford to fall behind like this so early.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:00 PM   #467
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post
Some lady at the Rays-Twins game has a fucking cowbell. Really? A cowbell? Yesterday, some lameass was blowing a vuvuzela during the Twins' at-bats.

Can we contract the Rays already?

Can we contract Joe Nathan? Amirite?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 PM   #468
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:11 PM   #469
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, rowech- no one is printing World Series tickets or even playoff tickets. We're just happy the team is winning. We know it could all be gone if they start a 6 game losing streak today. But we're just happy to have a few wins. I could probably count on one hand the number of times the Royals have won 10 of 14 since 2003.

To have it at the start of the season is a double bonus since we can at least dream a little and hold onto that Opening Day feeling of "anything can happen in a season". Most seasons, that's already gone by now.

SI

One thing all of us Royals fans know is that there's at least some hope with a good start like 10-4. If you start 4-10, your margin for error is significantly smaller, even though only 10% of the season is gone.
Old 04-17-2011, 02:38 PM   #470
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar v2 View Post

Cheer up buddy. At least your team hasn't resorted to giving away bags of dirt as part of a promotion. I'm looking at you Mariners fans.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 06:53 PM   #471
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Nice to see that Ned has the Royals off to a nice start. How are the Royals fans liking Ned? He was a very divisive person amongst Brewer fans. I always like the guy, had the chance to meet him briefly in San Francisco once.

Needlenose Ned? Ned the Head?
Old 04-17-2011, 08:02 PM   #472
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Jay Bruce with a nice batch of LOLBad baserunning in the bottom of the 9th.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:16 PM   #473
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, keep rolling Franklin out there to blow yet another save!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #474
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think the Twins are in trouble this year. No Mauer again. Nathan useless. Some guys starting to show age as well. Not liking them this season.

Boston will finish with a winning record. The problem is the division they're in. They can't afford to fall behind like this so early.

This is actually a pretty common theme with the Twins. Last year they started well which was unusual. Around the time interleague starts the Twins are usually playing well.

Only being 2 games behind Chicago and 1.5 games behind Detroit right now isnt too concerning
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:08 PM   #475
molson
General Manager

Holy cow Dice-K. 7 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 0 runs in the early AM Patriot's day game. Perhaps most amazingly for him - only 89 pitches in the 7 innings. And 9 runs - with 3 HRs - for the Sox offense. Hey, they're only 4 1/2 back at the moment in the East and on a little roll (3 straight wins)

Last edited by molson : 04-18-2011 at 01:11 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #476
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wait...... if you spend a third of a billion dollars in an offseason, you mean the regular season isn't over in 2 weeks? Holy shit batman.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #477
JediKooter
Coordinator

Barry Zito on the DL...the unicorn hurt his ankle. Should the trainers take him out back and shoot him?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #478
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wait...... if you spend a third of a billion dollars in an offseason, you mean the regular season isn't over in 2 weeks? Holy shit batman.

I thought the Dice-K start was noteworthy, and most people have acknowledged the real hole that they've buried themselves in. And uh, I apologize for my hometown team having a high payroll (if that's what you're looking for.) But ya, that's kind of the point, you don't expect a team with that kind of spending binge to be climbing uphill all season unless there's some real problem with effort or preparation.

Last edited by molson : 04-18-2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #479
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Holy cow Dice-K. 7 innings, 1 hit, 1 walk, 0 runs in the early AM Patriot's day game. Perhaps most amazingly for him - only 89 pitches in the 7 innings. And 9 runs - with 3 HRs - for the Sox offense. Hey, they're only 4 1/2 back at the moment in the East and on a little roll (3 straight wins)

Maybe we need to move all of his starts up to be 11am games??
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #480
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Maybe we need to move all of his starts up to be 11am games??

There is some stat out there that shows he's much better during the day. And another that shows he does really well on more rest. (I think that's how they they pitch in Japan - once a weekish, and with no pitch count) The best the sox can do to try to replicate that is have him be the 5th starter that they skip whenever they can.

Last edited by molson : 04-18-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #481
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I thought the Dice-K start was noteworthy, and most people have acknowledged the real hole that they've buried themselves in. And uh, I apologize for my hometown team having a high payroll (if that's what you're looking for.) But ya, that's kind of the point, you don't expect a team with that kind of spending binge to be climbing uphill all season unless there's some real problem with effort or preparation.

Commenting more on the fools that were claiming the sky is falling(not that you were one of them). I actually don't know crap about dice-k. But it was silly to think that guys like crawford will hit .140 all season.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #482
Easy Mac

Code:
Split G PA AB R H 2B 3B HR SB CS BB SO SO/BB BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB ROE BAbip tOPS+ Day 26 678 602 71 158 38 3 20 14 7 63 161 2.56 .262 .338 .435 .773 262 8 7 4 2 3 3 .326 110 Night 74 1899 1636 219 393 93 3 43 51 12 220 385 1.75 .240 .337 .380 .716 621 35 24 6 13 1 12 .287 96 Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO/9 SO/BB Day 11 10 .524 3.91 26 26 0 0 0 0 156.1 158 71 68 20 63 3 161 7 0 6 678 1.414 9.3 2.56 Night 35 19 .648 4.42 74 74 0 1 0 0 436.0 393 219 214 43 220 1 385 24 0 16 1899 1.406 7.9 1.75

Code:
Split W L W-L% ERA G GS GF CG SHO SV IP H R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP BF WHIP SO/9 SO/BB 4 Days,GS 19 13 .594 4.76 41 41 0 1 0 0 240.0 236 130 127 22 117 1 213 8 0 12 1057 1.471 8.0 1.82 5 Days,GS 19 9 .679 3.88 39 39 0 0 0 0 239.0 218 105 103 25 112 2 223 17 0 7 1034 1.381 8.4 1.99 6+ Days,GS 8 7 .533 4.13 20 20 0 0 0 0 113.1 97 55 52 16 54 1 110 6 0 3 486 1.332 8.7 2.04
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #483
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Uh...this kinda comes out of nowhere:

Quote:
Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mike Leake was booked into the Hamilton County Justice Center today, accused of theft.

Leake was booked into the jail at 2:32 p.m. by Cincinnati police.

Leake, of Ludlow, was arrested after Macy's department store loss prevention employees stopped the Reds pitcher today after they say he took $59.88 in property from the store.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #484
TroyF
Coordinator

Mike Leak accused of stealing $60 worth of stuff at Macy's.

Arrested and charged today.

Do'h!!!! Ksyrup by a minute.

What the hell was Leak thinking there?

Last edited by TroyF : 04-18-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #485
Ksyrup

Judging by his pic, I'd say he was thinking..."Duuuuuuuude!"

I wonder if Velma or Fred came to bail him out?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-18-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #486
JediKooter
Coordinator

Maybe he thought he was a Bengal?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #487
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

So let me get this straight......the 1st place Indians meet the 2nd place Royals tonight in a battle for the division lead?

Saw that if you add the Indians and Royals payroll together, the total ($85M) is less than the individual payroll of each of the other three teams they are leading (Twins, Tigers, and Sox are all $100M+).
Old 04-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #488
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint. Leading the division in April is very different than leading the division in September. #justsaying
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:01 PM   #489
JediKooter
Coordinator

If this had happened to me when I was a kid, I probably would have pissed my pants. Pretty cool in my opinion:

Video: David Wright plays catch with young Braves fans - Big League Stew - MLB*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #490
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
What the hell was Leak thinking there?
He clearly wasn't. As Winona Ryder proved, having a lot of money doesn't prevent some people from shoplifting - for some, it's the act that motivates them, not the item. They're not really stealing to get the item in question, it's the thrill of getting away with it.

There's a local TV anchor, beloved by everyone in Seattle that reportedly has a klepto problem, and supposedly store employees at Nordstroms are instructed to simply bill her husband for the stolen property rather than confront her.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:29 PM   #491
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
If this had happened to me when I was a kid, I probably would have pissed my pants. Pretty cool in my opinion:

Video: David Wright plays catch with young Braves fans - Big League Stew - MLB*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

I bet he missed three of those throws.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #492
JediKooter
Coordinator

Afflicted with Steve Sax Syndrome?

Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 PM   #493
kingfc22
Head Coach

I'll take this start.

Hopefully Coors wakes up Burrell's bat.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #494
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I'll take this start.

Hopefully Coors wakes up Burrell's bat.

Esmil didn't have it at all that inning and just got rocked. Brutal start. I had this one as an L, tomorrows a W and figured the third game was a toss up with the pitching matchups. It'd be nice to chip away at Lincy and make a game of this, but I don't expect that to happen.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #495
TroyF
Coordinator

Oh, and FWIW, if there was one team in the game I'd love the Rockies to have a late rally and pound this year at some point, it's the Giants. Let's see them bitch about the humidor if the Rockies come back and beat them late this year. What will the blame next, the air conditioning?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:40 PM   #496
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Kevin Correia is probably due for significant regression to the mean. Thus far he has been pretty damn good.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #497
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Lincecum's no-hitter broken up in the 7th by Carlos Gonzales. Damnit.

FWIW, the Giants were not the only people who felt that way that something questionable was happening with the humidor - and the fact that the umps weren't supervising the entire process is ridiculous.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 04-18-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:29 PM   #498
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Oh, and FWIW, if there was one team in the game I'd love the Rockies to have a late rally and pound this year at some point, it's the Giants. Let's see them bitch about the humidor if the Rockies come back and beat them late this year. What will the blame next, the air conditioning?

Say, who won last year? the World Series, even?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:37 PM   #499
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Judging by his pic, I'd say he was thinking..."Duuuuuuuude!"

I wonder if Velma or Fred came to bail him out?

Damn, they changed pictures on me! I guess the Reds asked the local paper to pull his mug shot? Lame.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #500
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Say, who won last year? the World Series, even?

I actually like the Giants. Pretty much all of them. The accusations on the humidor were simply unfounded and beyond ridiculous, especially coming from the Giants. When the Giants led the Rockies after 6 innings at Coors, they went 2-1. When the Rockies led the Giants after 6 at Coors, they went 4-2.

Hmmmmm, looks like a clear case of blowing leads humidor inflated balls being given to the Rockies hitters to me.

I thought it was one of the more classless things I've ever seen a big league team do, especially after they protected a roided out Bonds for years and years. Despite that, I like them a lot and they deserved their WS win. They will also be tough over the long haul this year.