Old 05-19-2014, 11:57 PM   #351
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

New tutoring links:

Lucas Castro – Leandro Casal (Youth)
Maxi P – Marcio Sousa
Henri Lansbury – Nelio Fidalgo
Olexandr Bandura – GK GK Leonardo Pereira

The final game of October is today’s away match in Belenenses. Skolnik finds Lucas Castro for a score in the 2nd. Hojbjerg sinks a DFK in the 27th. Half. I sub in Pflugler for Lansbury and slide over Lucas to that spot. Hojbjerg is tired, I pull him for Mzizi and swap him with Stefan. They had two major attacks in the 70s. Ruiz stopped two nasty shots on target. Agra for Franny, slide to counter. Another great Ruiz save in extra time. We win 2-0. MOM is Fabian Ruiz with an 8.6 rating. Deservedly so. They had 15 shots, 10 on target ,against our 25 and 10 shots on target. Frankly, their GK had a good day too.

Canela and Rodrigues need some rest and are a little jaded. I give them each a week rest to keep them up for our next game, in a week.

Ruiz and Costa in Team of the Week

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 12:26 AM   #352
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

November

5 – Home vs Rio Ave
8 – Away vs Ajax, Group G
12 – Home vs Alverca, Taca da Portugal
25 – Away vs Benfica
28th – Home vs Valencia, Group G

South Africa –

17th – Qualifier, World Cup, 2nd Leg, vs Morocco
21st – Friendly vs DR Congo

Good training – Skolnik, Ruiz, Rocker. Bad – Franny and Maxi P.

Henri Lansbury won Goal of the Month for one of his shots against Arouca.

We’ll have Rocker in the starting lineup for Rio Ave. They score early on in the 3rd minute. But then Stepinksi scores, followed by Rocker. Half time 2-1 us. Then Rocker scores after the ball kicked all over after an IFK and scores in one of those scrambles for the ball. Sousa, Agra, and Franco head on to be replacements. We win 3-1. MOM is Rocker.

Rocker in Team of the Week

Old 05-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #353
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have arrived here in Amsterdam, to play Ajax. In our first bit of Group G play, we have just one point in 3 games. We couldn’t even beat these guys in our place. Can we do so here? I’ll start out defending and we’ll see. Well Skolnik finds Strandberg on a corner kick to get thing started in the 19th. We score on OG oddly. Lucas Castro fired in a shot, and the GK tipped it up., it was coming down in bounds into goal and Franny ran up to tap it in. Wanting to keep the ball away from Franny, the GK< rolling on the ground, rolled over the ball to protect it, but did not realize how close he was to goal, and he just barely rolled it across and under his body. We are up 2-0 at the half. Keep it up! They score in the 49th. Skolnik is battered and I put in Komorski for him. Then they give Francisco Castro a red card. I didn’t see why, hold on. Double footed tackle. Idiot. They get a cross/score in the 63rd. They get another, 67th. They win 3-2.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #354
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I am running virtually the same squad from the first Taca match in this one . Lansbury finds Rocker in the 23rd. Then Mzizi gets a header in from a corner by Maxi Pereira. Then a yellow card. Half time. Keep it going lads!!! Sousa finds Agra for a score in the 76th. We win 3-0, MOM is Maxi Pereira.

Franny’s Ban is extended to an additional 2 games.

I give Totladze a leave of absence to head home for a bit.

Agra was MOM in the U21 Portuguese squad.

Old 05-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #355
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It all comes down to today. That late goal hurts us against Morocco going up against it. Here we go… I begin defensively. We had a few injuries in eh squad, but all to backup players ,so it’s the same group I’ve been working with. We let one goal through very early in the 6th, and then another in the 25th as Xulu gives them an OG while trying to slide stop a shot. Then ML Lebese hits MR Thulani Serero for a score late and its 2-1 at the half. We can still win tonight!!! We can. Just score one goal. If we score one, then they have to score two to beat us. And Rontie is due after all. ST Mphela is injured, I sub in Clement Tchoutou, a srecent discovery of mine who is actually not born in South Africa, but was never capped by Cameroon. I also pull a newly booked Serero for Mokotjo. He finds Rantie late on an attacking run in the 88th minute and…Rantie misses?!?!? End of 90. Extra time. GET ONE MORE GOAL!!!!!!! Three of their players have picked up knocks. They made al lof their subs though. One of mine grabs a yellow late.

Penalties!!!

Here we go:

Thoutou scores. They score back 1-1
Jali is up and he makes it. They score.
Parker is up and finishes with verve, they do to. 3-3
Mokotjo is up. And the ball is down. They send up a guy and he…sinks it.
I have my best guy in 5th – Rantie. Who did NOT SCORE DURING THE GAME, but he makes it. They do to 5-5.
Claasen scores. They do too.
Here comes Mavimbela. My young DL guy. He scores. Man o the moment right now, scoring in his 3rd cap or so. They score too.
DC Mathoho heads up. He has played played a lot of football for S Africa, bu his skill sare low. He will not disappoint, and scor.es They are blocked!

We win 8-7 in the PK contest!!!

WHEW!

Old 05-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #356
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

These teams made it into the World Cup from Africa

South Africa
Cameroon
Nigeria (defeated Cote D’Ivoire in away goals)
Algeria (upended Tunisia)
Senegal (took out Egypt)

Cameroon are the heavies, having won the last two African Cup of Nations.

Rodrigues was MOM in Portugal’s 1-0 victory over N Ireland in the Playoff for a WC Spot.

Luis Martins picked up his first two caps for Portugal

I make a few modifications to my starters for the DRC friendly. I start Mokotjo at the DR, Tchoutou across from Rantie, Vilakazi in the MC spot. We lose badly on the road 3-0. Mokotjo gave them an OG too.

Portugal barely defeated N Ireland here in Portugal 3-2, and Belgium, Denmark and Austria are also qualified from the playoffs.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #357
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I begin defensively in today’s away match against Benfica. If I go in, and walk out 0-0 I’d be happy. Former U23 Olympics captain of mine Marlon Bica is now playing for Benfica, by the way. It’s 2-0 them and then Stepinki scores late and its half time. Right after the half. Canela finds Franny, who drives, and then scores on a break away in the 46th minute. 2-2. Lansbury to Stepinksi after juking a tackle and we are up 3-2 at the 56th. Lucas and Canela have bookings. I put in Pflugler for Lucas Castro. Massive pressure ensures. I have to pull a weary Hojbjerg. I pull Canela for Franco late. More huge pressure follows. Stepinksi is MOM and we win 3-2!!!!! Whew!

Stepinski in Team of Week

Lets face Valenica and hope for the best. I’ll even begin countering, despite being in our own place .In the 2nd minute, Rodrigues is driving the ball. He passes to Rocker, who wins the challenge over Timothy Chandler and drills the score. Lots of pressure by them, and a bit by us. Half . Not bad, but you can do better! I pull a smashed Lansbury for Pflugler. They foul Strandberg in a corner kick and that results in a PK . Stepinski sinks it. Costa injured a bit and in bad form, so I put in Mzizi. We was 7.5 too. Hate to pull a DC doing that well in this sort of contest, bu they. My final sub – Komorski for Skolnik. Castro crosses to Rocker for another score in the 87th. We crush them 3-0 in our place. Rocker is MOM.

We have been officially eliminated from the Group, since we have 4 points from 5 games. I’ll take the win though. And the million that comes with it!

Old 05-20-2014, 03:35 PM   #358
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

December

2nd – Home vs Olhanense
6th – Away vs Vit. Guimaraes
10th – Away vs Vit. Setubal
13th – Away vs Chelsea, Group G
17th – Home vs Gil Vicente
23rd – Away vs Academica

Sousa, Pflugler, and Komorski were good in training, Rodrigues and Pereira not.

I won Manager of the Month

Maxi Pereira will start for Rodrigues. Komorski starts for Skolnik. Against Olhanense today? Pick up where we left off! Which apparently involves a Canela score in the 3rd minute. Lansbury had hit Strandberg for a header, but it was intercepted and the ball was picked up by Canela and finished. Castro picks up a knock. I sub up Hojbjerg and put in Mzizi and slide up Strandberg to the DMC spot. Half. Still room for improvement! Agra in for Castro. Then they score off a corner kick and its 1-1. WTF? Five minutes later we are watching another score by Olhanense. Was this a trap game? Alright, I move forward to attacking, marking, hassling, whatever I can. Then, in the 75th minute, Mzizi ties it on a corner kick too. Alright. I push more. 4 minutes of extra time. Then, in the 93:31 mark, Hojbjerg finds Strandberg at the top of the box, and Strandberg fires and puts it away/ Between three defenders and the Gk. And boom, we end up winning. Barely. In extra time. Because a DC playing DMC managed to not miss a vital score. MOM is Lansbury. We got away with that one!!!

2 goal comeback!

Old 05-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #359
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

3 teams are sniffing up Hojbjerg’s dress, Real Madrid, Man City, and Barcelona. Those are three real clubs. So I offer him a new deal, right now. I also offer to up Franco’s deal while I’m at it. He accepts it.

Skolnik and Rodrigues are back in the lineup for today’s matchup away at Vit G, because they are 5th in the league right now, so this is not a simple little trip. I begin countering. Whoops. I kept in Komorski. Apparently I moved Skolnik to Lucas Castro’s position instead. That’s alright because Komorski seems to be playing well. Dejan scores in the 15th. They hit back 4 minutes later and that’s the end of the first half. We can still win tonight!!! They score and make it rough in the 58th. Then Stepinski picks up a knock. I send in Rocker. Rocker gets yellow, and then scores on a break away in the 85th minute. I don’t want that to be it, so I move to control, very high tempo, and all of that stuff. Costa gets a yellow, and then at the 93:36 mark, Rocker slides the ball to Lansbury who buries it. We win 3-2 very very late. MOM is Rocker. Good win!

If we had lost that match, they would have risen above us and knocked us back one.

Our facilities have been officially upgraded.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #360
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

World Cup 2018.

The draw has occurred.

Group A

Japan
Russia
Sweden
Uruguay

Group B

Cameroon
Denmark
Germany
South Korea

Group C

Australia
France
Serbia
South Africa

Group D

Chile
Italy
Saudi Arabia
Ukraine

Group E

Belgium
Brazil
Senegal
USA

Group F

Algeria
Argentina
Greece
Mexico

Group G

Austria
Iran
Nigeria
Spain

Group H

Canada
Colombia
England
Portugal

Here are my predictions based on the world of football in 2018 as it is:

Sweden, Russia
Cameroon, Germany
France, Australia
Italy, Ukraine
Brazil, USA
Argentina, Mexico
Spain, Austria
England, Portugal

Watch out for Austria, they are young, nasty, and quite good. They could make some noise. Nigeria is good too, but not enough to sneak past. Group F is good, Algeria is one of the best African sides, period.

Interesting to note that the three African sides I was considering – Algeria, Nigeria and RSA are all here today.

Also note that Cameroon is battle tested and powerful. They have some of the young stars of world football (Jean-Marie Dongou, ie) and some amazing mid-level guys, like Nicolas Nkoulou who starts for Barcelona (played 62 games with them the last two years) or Alex Song, who has as well.

They are ranked 18th in the world, and they care primed to do more damage than an African side normally does. Watch out.

In our group, Serbia is no joke. They are ranked 13th and could make some noise too. Australia we played in a friendly last year and were lucky to escape with a tie.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 05-20-2014 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:53 PM   #361
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hojbjerg has signed his new deal. 50k/week through 2021.

For today;’s match, Paulo Franco will spell Canela, and Rocker will begin in the ST spot across from Stepinski. Keep our run going against Vit Setubal!!! After 20 minute sof countering, I move in a standard dynamic. Its driving rain here today..Lansbury to Rocker for a score n the 33rd. Then Stepinski gets an odd assist. Lansbury crossed to Rocker, intercepted, fell back to Castro, who wanted to pass it,he was tackled and tripped up before he could get to the ball, but Stepinski was there and got it in. Could we find a replacement for Rondon? Yes we did, at least so far. Keep it going in the 2nd half!!! Kmoorski in for Skolnik. They manage to score in the 64th off a corner. JP Cardoso in for Costa. More pressure ensues and I head into countering. Komorski crosses to Rocker who sinks it. I sub in Agra. We win 3-1. MOM is Rocker.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #362
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ll leave in Rocker since he has the hot leg for the Chelsea match. (Plus Franny is suspended anyway) Canela will return as well. Obviously we’ll begin with a defensive mindset. 0-0 after a quiet half. We owe Chelsea!!! Skolnik finds Castro, who squeezes it to Rocker who sores in the 52nd. I pul la tired Hojbjerg for Mzizi. I also put in Pfluger. Finally Komorski for Skolnik. Lots of pressure late, I feel that we’ll concede a goal. And we do in extra time in the 91:17 stamp. Game, 1-1. I’ll take it! They had 34 shots, and 14 on target.

We will start Fidalgo and Pflugler for their folks in today’s away match vs Gil Vicente. A quiet and fast first half. That was really disappointing! Then they have a evil foul in the box against Lansbury. I have to pull him for Maxi P. Red card, and Stepinski sinks the PK too. Skolnik had an amazing run, dodges two tackles, crosses to MR Maxi Pereira, who scores in the 65th. They get in a header off a corner. 85th. We win 2-1. Should have been more, but it’s stil a win. We got away with that. Skolnik the MOM.

Totladze is back.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:53 PM   #363
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The away match vs Academica has arrived. Franny is back in the starting lineup. I begin countering on the road. We’ve given up a lot of goals early, so I am starting one more defensive than I intend each game. Lansbury finds Stepinski for a score in the 25th. Counter is working, no need to pull of it. Half. Room for improvement, but you didn’t suck!!! Agra in for an underwhelming Francisco Castro. Cardoso for Costa. Then in heads Mzizi for Lucas Castro, and I bump up Hojbjerg. Hey get an offside score waved off in extra time. Game. We won in like three minutes of real life, 1-0. We used to win games 4-0 on the road, now its 1-0. MOM was Rodrigues.

Taca da Liga, Group C

Gil Vicente
Tondela
Maritimo
Nacional da Madeira

Old 05-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #364
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dec 30 has arrived. The answer is probably not, but is there anyone with an expiring contract that jumps out at me? Ummmm….a few actually.

21 year old AMC Sebastian Driussi looks very sharp. I could sign him to replace Lucas. They are the same at defending, physical, mental, technical. Castro is a bit better aerially, and Driussi is better at Speed, creativity and a bit attacking. And he’s 7 years younger. Sounds like a good swap.

I don’t know what that would do to Pflugler. Make him juts a sub like Javi? Driussi is bette than Pflugler at Defending, Aerial, a bit better in Mental, , better at attacking, creativity and speed. They are the same in technical. Right now, Druissi is flat out more developed. Than the 18 year old Pflugler. I can still develop him, and in a year or two, he may be at least the same, and perhaps better than Druissi, but right now Druissi is a nice option.

Another option that sparks my interest is DMC Mario Pugliese, 21 years old. Mario is very good already, and could start in my DMC spot right now. I would then move Hojbjerg to the AMC spot until Pfluger is developed enough. Hojbjerg is better in aerial, technical, and a bit attacking. Pug is better at Mental, defending, speed, and they are basically the same for physical and creativity. Seems like a good case could be made for that swap right now.

For example, let’s compare Hojbjerg to Lucas Castro, who dominates the AMC gig. Castro is better at speed a bit. They are the same mentally. Hojbjerg is either a little better or a lot better at everything else (attacking, aerial, defending, physical, creativity, and technical). That’s a solid upgrade. That’s not second best.

So those appear to be my options. I dig a little deeper. Any others that jump out at me?

What about MR? I send out some scouts.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:18 PM   #365
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Pugliese has no intention of signing with us. Ah well. Druissi is cheap too. Like 15k cheap. For a guy of his caliber, that’s a very impressive financial bonus. That makes him even more interesting to me.

I also look for some interesting M folks. One is 21 year old Nigerian international Abdulwaheed Chukwu. He plays for Racing Club de Lens. I like several things about him. He already has 20 caps for the good Nigerian senior club, so you know he’s good. He’s also cheap. But our scouts feel he is fully developed as a 4 star player. So very little upside, what you see is what you get – which is still very intriguing, don’t get me wrong. But his passing is just 12 cross, and 14 pass. That’s not the sensation I want on the wing. I love some of his stuff (20 teamwork, 17 technique, 18 first touch, 18 workrate, 19 stamina, 17 flair), but he’s weaker in dribbling (13) and has a decent but not exceptional at this stage speed – 15/15.

Now, another outside-the-box option might be Nester Tosi. This 19 year old Argentine needs some serious development time. But he’s cheap, willing to sign a rotation role, and in already in a good place to develop from with a 15 cross, and 15 pass, 16 dribbling, and such. Adequate speed too. He won’t ever be the mental guru of Chukwu. But he has some good stats to build off, and we don’t have to rush him onto the field. Underneath Lansbury. He is a nice, young, 19 year old I can develop at my pace rather cheaply.

Anyone else that tweaks me? They best one, right now, by far, is Thomas Muller, 28, of FC Bayern Munchen. He can play AM RLC, M,RLC, ST all very well. He has outstanding mental attributes for my folks too, and could be a great team captain for me of the future when Skolnik leaves next year. But he won’t sign for me – not enough money. Here’s a very interesting out-of-the-box idea.

Sign Lucas Castro back, to be a merc for Lansbury, not the AMC spot. Remember, he was originally signed as Skolnik’s replacement. I only played him at the AMC place because I sold Defederico, and then I just resigned Skolnik, and that worked out marvelously. He could easily slide over to the MR spot.

I am losing from my roster these folks:

Lucas Castro
Francisco Castro
Dejan Skolnik

I think Stepinski/Rocker and Agra are fine at the ST spot. I’ll need a 3 or 4 person there later. We’re fine in the Defensive/Fullback/GK area. That leaves middies left.

Leaving in 2019 of note:

Maxi Pereira
Henri Lansbury
JP Cardodo
Olexandr Bandura
Cyril Mzizi
Nelio Fidalgo
Joao Luis Rodrigues
Canela
Luis Carlos

Obviously, I’ll resign some of those. But anyone I sign right now off a free is coming in for next year, and that means they would have one year of understudy if needed behind Lansbury. The initial plan was to let Skolnik go and sub up Marin Komorski, and then move Plflugler into the AMC role. I don’t think he’s ready for it, but Komorski might be. There are a few youther guys I’m scouting in the younger range that intrigue me enough to take a closer look.

Here’s what I’m thinking. Sign Druissi and Tosi right now – both are cheap and young and useful. Then make an offer for one of these really young folks that are on my radar for a future studly role after being developed. Finally, finished with my 4th ST later on down the road, and maybe a better 4th DC than Cardoso. Perhaps an already developed older guy.

That would leave my roster with an AMC candidate for when Pfluger can’t make it (Druissi), a MR candidate two years down the road (Tosi) and then another one or two young hot guys we can develop into an Agra or a Costa or something.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #366
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For today’s Taca da Liga game against Tondela on Dec 31, I start my backup/youth squad again. Lansbury to Marcio Sousa in the 4th for a score. Lansbury corner to Mzizi for a score in the 29th. Lansbury with a DFK in the 40th. 3-0 at the half on a counter imperative. Not bad on the road lads. They score in the 59th. Lansbury is MOM and we win 3-1 with a mostly backup and sub team sporting guys like Bandura, Komorski, Agra, Sousa, Cardoso, and Franco,

Marcio Sousa is now the youngest goal scorer for our club.

I found my development guy. There are a few younger youthful folks we adore who won’t sign – just not interested in us. But there is a guy who do like who will. I make an offer. Fabian Ruiz may be about to get a new friend…

And that is the close of 2017

Old 05-20-2014, 06:56 PM   #367
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

January, 2018

6th – Away at Santa Clara, Taca da Portugal
12th – Away vs Sporting,
17th – Away at Maritimo, Taca da Liga
21st – Home at Maritimo
27th – Home vs Gil Vicente, Taca da Liga

The Train Train – Skolnik, Costa, and Rodrigues were nice. Lucas Castro, Pflugler were not.

Sousa is improving as a footballer, so yay!

The Table after 15 Games:

1 – Porto, 38, +21
2 – Clube Desportivo Nacional da Madeira, 37, +26
3 – Benfica, 36, +33
4 – Braga, 34, +14
5 – Vit Guimaraes, 29, +11
6 - Sporting, 24, +8
7 – Rio Ave – 19, -2
8 – Vit Setubal, 19, -5
9 – Gil Vicente, 18, -5
10 – Belenenses, 18, -3
11 – Maritimo, 17, -7
12 – Academica, 16, -3
13 – Aves, 15, -14
14 – Tondela, 11, -25
15 – Arouca, 7, -27
16 – Olhanense, 5, -22

I’m rooting for Tondela! It’s very knotted at the top.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 PM   #368
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Messi wins the World Golden Ball, World Player of the Year, and probably some other things too.

Daniel Briunet won the Golden Boy award.

RSA Player Lehlohonolo Majoro won the African Inter-Club Player of the Year.

I keep my expectations.

Our new signee, DC Davit Kurdadze has arrived. DC, 17, 3.5 star rating for our scouts. Getting paid 2.1k/week, Georgian, Balanced, speaks Georgian and Russian, already capped internationally for the senior squad. Signed through 2020 on hot prospect, had decent stuff already, like 13 head, jump, mark, tck, 10 pass, etc. I move him to the U 19 squad.

I resign Vitor Barreto.

People have already made offers to Lucas Castro. I’m alright letting him go. He’s great, but we’ll be better, I’m confident. Some offers came in for Skolnik now.

Now, what about right now?

Tosi unfortunately extended his contract with Feyenoord for a year. But Druissi is. That’s odd, I would have thought it would have been the other way around. Well, I head to a backup plan on the MR spot then…

I sign 17 year old Rolf Martin Worthington, an Irish gentleman from Limerick FC. It took days of searching to find someone I liked as a long range guy. He’s just on a hot prospect deal, 2.9k/week, through 2020, worth 125k right now, and we paid Limerick 161k in compensation. Our scouts adore him. He’s a nice prospect.

Skolnik has signed with Swansea. Lucas Castro to Wolfsburg. Francisco Castro to Celta.

I offer a new deal to Rodrigues.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #369
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I leave in my youth/sub club for the match vs Santa Clara. Again, I begin countering the fools, here on the road. This time there’s no Lansbury. Agra hits Rocker for a score in a break away started by Bandura in the 5th. WHOH!!! On an IFK, Fidalgo intercepted the ball and rushed the defense for about 20 yards, found Rocker on a break, Rocker drove, shot long but lethal and nailed it on the break in the 40th. Beautiful. Keep it up! Rocker is good with the corners, if you’ll remember. He launches a corner to Mzizi and he scores in the 60th. We win 3-0 on the road, MOM is Rocker.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #370
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hypothetical question. How much money would you pay for a youth Portuguese prospect if you knew, he would be the next Ronaldo? Rui Pereira, the guy for Porto, could be just that good. Our scouts said he is at least as good as Rodrigues. Pereira and Rodrigues are the best young players we have. Can you imagine how amazing it would be to train this guy into my stud AMC spot? I have a ton of money in the kitty so I thought I’d make another play for him. 5 mill? 10? 15? 20? How much is too much? I just dickered Porto to 10 mill now and 14 over 4 years. That’s a lot of cash.

I agree to the deal. Now, will he sign with us? That’s the next, obvious question.

Tondela just took out Vit G in the Taca da Portugal.

Ouch. We just drew Benfica for the Taca da Portugal Quarter Finals. With Sporting and Braga and Vit G out, I draw one of two possible heavies. Ouch.

I have to quadruple his existing contract, because he didn’t really want to come at first and I had ot “blow him out of the water” but Rui Perreira is coming here. This is a huge risk. But it’s a fun one!

Rui Pereira, 17 (turned just 4 days ago), AMC/MC, AML a bit too. 19k, hot prospect, until 2020, worth just a few hundred k right now, Portuguese, (similar type of player to Henri Lansbury), Determined,

Quick stat check, nothing major here now. He needs more development (Porto were not doing a great job).

Phys – 14, 12, 13, 9, 13, 13, 13, 10
Mental – 15, 9, 17, 11, 5, 9, 11, 18, 14, 8, 13, 9, 16, 17
Technical – 9, 7, 10, 10, 16, 9, 4, 11, 4, 8, 13, 11, 7, 16

Again, not a super star right now. But if we can get him to Rodrigues levels? It’s going to explode in here.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:39 PM   #371
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of which, Rodrigues signs the new deal for 15k/week until 2022 and a key player. Luis Carlos is back from his loan.

The away match against Sporting is here. I return to my normal squad, and resister and hand out numbers to my new signings and Carlos. Defensive! Canela gives away a penalty in the 5th which they convert. Then they score twice, before Lucas Castro manages t o get a goal. Half time. Dang. Where’s your passion?!?!? Lansbury’s cross to Stepinski also results in a PK which Stepinksi hits in the 49th. I pull Canela and a booked Hojbjerg. Lucas finds Stepinksi for the tying goal in the 70th. Costa collects a booking but I have to pull an underperforming Rodrigues for Komorski. We lose 3-2. We should be winning those!

I don’t like starting the 2nd half with a loss, but on the road vs a Big Three club, that’s not a major surprise.

An agent offers me 3.2 mill for 20% of Rui Pereira. That’s a nice wad of cash right after we spend a ton to get him. I decline.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #372
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now we hit the road to face our rival just a handful miles down the road. I begin with a countering mindset. Lansbury’s cross finds Lucas Castro in the 9th minute for a score. They finally hit us back in the 36th. Half. Improve lads! We beat these punks 4-0 in their place earlier this year. Lucas hits Franny for a 65th minute score. I sub in Rocker, and Fabian Ruiz hits a long, on sides, shot to Rocker who scores in the 72nd. I toss in Worthington, to give him a few minutes. We won 3-1 here. MOM was Lucas Castro.

The more I stare at Joao Luis Rodrigues in the charts, the more I am staggered by just how good he is becoming.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #373
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I offered Worthington out on loan to get some 1st team experience, which he never got for Limerick FC. I have a ton of suitors so its not just our scouts that love him.

Vit. G just hosted and defeated Porto 3-2. So there’s some stuff happening at the top of the roster right now. Let’s hope we can beat Maritimo in our place today and take advantage of it. It’s a tightly wound half tht evaporates quickly until DL Canela scores in the 42nd. Lucas Castro found him attacking on the left and hit him, he jogged in and sunk it. I sub in Rui Pereira, our newest project. Hojbjerg scores off a Stepinki pass. I send in Agra. Then Komorski. Agra sets up Stepinski for a score late, but its waved off. We with 2-0, Mom is Canela.

We moved Worthington to Grasshoppers to play first team ball for them.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:36 PM   #374
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the Taca da Liga game vs Gil Vicente, I made these changes; Rocker, Mzizi (for Costa), Fidalgo (for Hojbjerg; Pfluger for Lansbury (and swapped with Lucas Castro). They foul Rocker in the 2nd minute. Stepinski scores. Skolnik picks up a knock in the first 10 and I send in Komorski. Half. I sub Cardoso and Rui P. We sink a 2nd PK in the 83rd minute. They foul Rocker and yes….Stepinksi scores again from a PK, and we win 3-0, all PKs. That’s just odd….. Stepinski is MOM. Congrats on qualifying I guess to the Semis.

Skolnik will be out with a twisted knee for 2-3 weeks and Komorski will start for him.

We drew Braga in the Semis of the Taca da Liga. Porto and Benfica are in the other side.

I am considering a loan offer for a key player for Rui Pereira from a Serie A team. I decide to accept them. I take offers from Koln and Cesena. Rui will be joining Koln for the rest of the season. Luis Carlos is heading to Braga for the rest of the season.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #375
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

February, 2018

3rd – Away vs Tondela
6th – Away vs Benfica, Taca a Portugal
10th – Home vs Porto
15th – Away vs Braga, Taca da Liga
18th – Home vs Braga
24th – Away vs Aves

Pflugler, Fidalgo and Canela improved in training quite well this past month.

Maxi P is starting today for Canela in the Tondela match, as well as JP Cardoso. I begin countering since we are, technically, on the road. Lansbury finds Rocker for a score in the 8th minute. I think I’ll just leave Rocker in a for a while longer. He’s good to go. A professional foul against Stepinski in the 43rd minute results in a red card for Tondela just before the half. Hojbjerg gets a yellow. Mzizi gets subbed in for him. They have pushed away several advances. Here’s how much. As of the 65:57 mark, we have 21 shots, 11 on target. Finally, Rocker gests an on sides assist from Strandberg launching it and scores in the 73rd. Agra, Franco are in. Lucas Castro finds Rocker for a score in the 89th. Hat trick baby! MOM is Rocker.

It’s been 334 minutes since Ruiz allowed a goal.

Strandberg and Rocker were in Team of the Week.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #376
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And now it’s the Taca da Portugal match at Benfica. I begin defensively. Play where you left off! Ruiz has been a goal stopping machine today. Then they get an offside goal waved off. 0-0 half. Grab that one goal for us boys! Hojbjerg is injured so I dispatch Mzizi to take his spot. Lucas is having an awful day so I sub in Pflugler. Then they score in the 69th. A nice attacking move too. I slide to counter. Costa is injured, so I have to put in JP Cardoso. So now both of my subs are back there, so I switch Strandberg back to DC and put Mzizi in DMC and move it to a defend tactic. That’s all in the 73rd. Strandberg gets a yellow card. Lansbury finds Stepinski, who scores in the 87th minute. Another late strike by our squad! We’ve had some more good attacks lter. But here comes Benfica on a break. Rodrigues fouls from just outside the box and they miss the DFK. Extra time. Here’s some interesting stuff for you in the first 90 – They have 27 shots, 13 on target. That’s how on fire Ruiz has been. We are 8 and 3. We injure one of their players in extra time, and they are out of subs, so they are down a person. I make a few tactical changes to adjust. Stepinski scores!!! Oh, but it’s called off…grrrr… Half time in extra time. Then Benfica get an IFK from deep, swing out and….score. Benfica have gotten one up in the 118th minute…oh noes! OVERLOAD. VERY HIGH TEMPO. Nope. We don’t have another genie to pull the game from a loss. We lose, 2-1. Unlucky!

We are out of the Taca da Portugal in the 6th Round (Quarter Finals)

Hojbjerg is out for ten days.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:42 PM   #377
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Wow –I just got an offer by an agent to buy part of Rodrigues for 4.7 mill. I say no.

Nelio Fidalgo will start for Hojbjerg for today’s home match against Porto. We owe them!!! Lansbury to Strandberg on a corner kick will start us off nicely with a goal in the 4th minute of play. They return the favor in the 26th. Lansbury hits Lucas Castro for a score in the 40th to give us the lead back. 2-1 half. Keep it up! Lucas Castro gives up the ball too easily and its converted into a nasty Porto break away. Franco heads in for Canela. Mzizi in for Costa. Whoah. Porto you are stupid!!! Nelio Fidalgo is given the ball by Strandberg after the ball bounces free of a corner, and we are resetting the field back just behind the half line. He lofts it back behind the defense to Stepinski, but it is horribly off target, and yards away from any of our players. One of their defenders gets to it, and heads it back to gal to the GK about 20 yards away. Only the GK was playing walkabout and is not anywhere near the goal. So this lazy headers bounces twice before landing right into the goal for an OG. I put in Marcio Sousa for a dead tired Lansbury. Stepinski pushes one more ahead off a Rocker assist in the 85th. MOM is Stepinski, and we win 4-2.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:29 PM   #378
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Skolnik will return for today’s Taga da Liga match away against Braga. Porto defeated Benfica to make the Taca da Liga finals. We don’t win in Braga. We owe Braga! I’ll start defensively minded. We keep them from scoring early, but a nice cross off a throw in net a goal by Braga just before the half. Unfortunately, they get a corner to sink in the extra time of the first half and we are down 2-0 at the half. Damn it! Skolnik hits Costa for a corner score to pull us back one in the 48th. That’s a path back to victory. Skolnik is too tired from coming back from injury, so I put Komorski back in for him. Braga gets another score in the 65th. Pfluger for Lansbury. But hold on, what’s this? Did Stepinkski just hit Rocker for a score in the 68th? He sure did! Now its 3-2. I swap Castros. And the Rocker hits the hay again!!! 3-3 baby! Oh ho, he fouled, its been waved off. Here comes Franny on a break…no good. AND THERE WE ARE. Rocker nails goal in the 90:24 mark of injury time

Penalties!!!

They hit. Here comes Stepinski. He hits – 1-1
They hit. Franny C is here. He nails it. 2-2.
They hit. Rocker? Blocked!!!! 3-2
But then….they misss!!! Opening for us and….Fidalgo steps up (his numbers for this are very good) and sinks it to put us back to 3-3.
They hit it. Here comes Rodrigues. Nails it – 4-4.
Extra kicks!

Braga sinks. Strandberg…does too. 5-5
Braga makes it. Here comes Pflugler….makes it too – 6-6
Braga makes it in. Here comes Hernani Costa…..in. Top right corner – 7-7
They make it. Komorski steps up and….is blocked!! Oh noes!!!

We fail, 8-7 in PKs.

Mom was Rocker though!

We never win in Braga!!!

We have been knocked out of both Tacas before the finals. In the semsi of this one and the Quarters of the other.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #379
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

For the first time, I feel like I have a real Striker tandem. I have my Mario Rondon, in Mariusz Stepinski. Then I have a great partner in Rocker. One has 19 goals, the other 20. Great stuff from the pair. I thought they would work well together, they seemed like a good tandem when looking at how thye could play together, but its nice being proved right.

Bandura was not happy with his not being played much, and didn’t like how I talked to him, and he’s now complaining to the media. Dude, you have a backup role. You have started 4 games. You are one Ruiz injury away from starting in a champion-contention season. Get over yourself.

And now we face Braga again, this time in our place. We really owe Braga! They foul us and Stepinski scores in the 9th minute. Ten we let them back in the game in the 17th. Then another score before Rodrigues crosses to Skolnik for a counter in the 27 and its 2-2. Half. Grrr. Then we let these idiots score again. I make a few subs, and Then Lannsbury, with his normal impeccable timing, hits a subbed in Pflugler for a goal in the 81st. 3-3. I move to attacking, and very high tempo. Come on! Nope. We tie 3-3. Damn it Braga!

Braga really seem to have our number.

Maritimo just had a takeover completed

Old 05-21-2014, 12:22 AM   #380
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Nossa! Tough times in the Taças this season, eh? There's still the league, though.

If, and only if, you get any spare time, I'd like to hear some of your impressions of FM14. My wife might actually let me buy two PC games this year, so I'm thinking of getting the latest Football Manager... but only if it's better than previous editions.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:26 AM   #381
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

With 20 games played, and 10 left:

1 – Benfica, 49, +42
2 – Us, 47, +32
3 – Porto, 45, +23
4 – Braga, 42, +13
5 - Vit G – 38, +13
6 – Sporting, 37, +12

Changes for the Aves match include – Pflugler in the AMC spot, Maxi P and Paulo Franco starting for my two FBS, Hojbjerg is back from injury. Lansbury lofts an amazing pass on sides to an attacking Pflugler who scores in the 5th minute. And then a cross by one middle to another as Lansbury sets up Skolnik in the 18th. Strandberg scores off a corner in the 20th. Lots of pressure by us late but they don’t pop, and its half time. Keep it up! Hojbjerg with a perfect interception/pass sets up Stepinski deep who sends it over to Pflugler for a goal in the 48th minute. They score to get off the zero mark a triad of minutes minute. Hojbjerg has a great IFK to Rocker, and the GK gets then, but Rocker finishes the dropped ball. Subs - Agra, Komorski, Cardoso. They score again after we make a few tackles and the ball bounces to the right guy. We win 5-2. MOM is Sebastian Pflugler. Well done!

Agra gained some from Franny C.

Strandberg and Pflugler in Team of Week

Old 05-21-2014, 12:27 AM   #382
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Nossa! Tough times in the Taças this season, eh? There's still the league, though.

If, and only if, you get any spare time, I'd like to hear some of your impressions of FM14. My wife might actually let me buy two PC games this year, so I'm thinking of getting the latest Football Manager... but only if it's better than previous editions.

It's about the same as previous stuff. Each year has great stuff in it, but only makes the game marginally better. But I loe it, and got it off a sale for a 75% off coupon , so yay!

Old 05-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #383
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

March

5th – Away vs Arouca
11th – Home vs Belenenses
18th – Away vs Rio Ave
31st – Home vs Benfica

South Africa:

27th – Friendly vs Congo

Good train? Costa, Sousa, Canela, Bad? Skolnik, Maxi P

Henri Lansbury won Player of the Month. Andreas Rocker was right behind in 2nd.

I won Manager of the Month.

Benfica lost, so we are one point up now in first.

Agra was injured for 10 days or so in training.

Mzizi is starting today’s away match vs Arouca. I’m keeping the hot leg of Pflugler as well. And we get off flying in the 0:33 as Rocker scores off a Pflugler pass. The German Connection! Rocker then obliges by finding Stepinski for a score in the 22nd minute. Skolnik crosses to Stepinski in the 26th. Then he hits PK three minutes later – he has a hat trick just like that. Hojbjerg nails Pflugler for a score in the 38th. 5-0 at the half. Keep it up! Lansbury finds Pflugler, 53rd. They get a red card in the 64th from clear frustration after a nasty tackle on Pflugler. Subs – Komorski, Sousa. Komorski to Rocker – 73rd. I pull Canela after he got a yellow for Franco. Game. We win 7-0. On the road. I’m very happy! MOM is Stepinski.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:59 AM   #384
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lansbury beat his own record and currently has 22 assists.

Ten of my players were named in Team of the Week. The only one starting who did not make it? Hojbjerg.

Rocker and Lansbury are getting huge press right now.

Olexandr Bandura has injured his ligaments in practice today, and will be out the rest of the season. That leaves me thin.

In the press today, Daniel Candeais praised the form of Stepinski and drew parallels between him and Rondon. Exactly. Love ya Danny!

Benfica emerge victorious, barely, away at Vit G.

Today’s Belenenses match arrives. Costa is back in the lineup. Once again, I’ll leave in the hot leg of Pflugler for Lucas Castro. I begin controlling. We expect a lot of goals. Will we get them?

Half
Goal 1 – They score.
Goal 2 – Stepinski, PK
Goal 3 – Stepinski, goal
Goal 4 – Rocker, called offside

That’s it. We barely won 2-1. I was all prepared for a bombardment of goals. MOM was Stepinski, but that was a let down. That was Skolniks 150th league appearance for us.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:26 AM   #385
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stepinski in Team of Week.

South Africa has crept up to 29th in the world rankings.

It’s about time for our annual influx of youth. What’ll it be? Jorge Agra? Marcio Sousa? Rodrigues? Costa? One of those down years? Another blessing?

I look them all over. First of all, we have just a few decent players at all. 2 with a 3.5 star scout rating – GK Ivo Ferreira and AMC/MC Antonio Alves.

But then we have something a little different. We have a non-Portugal recruit, well not really.

Say hello to Carlos Chilaule, from Mozambique, with dual citizenship, a DMC/MC. Just a 3 star rating. Nothing too special or anything, but he’s nice. He’s born in Mozambique but a supporter of the team and a fan.

But nothing special this time around. Which you understand. I ask my scouts to sniff around. Anyone else blessed with a major gift by the Portuguese Football Gods?

A few good players are being touted around right now. We’ll take a bit to scout out and suss around. I’ll let you know later.

Marcio Sousa gained some stuff from Maxi P.

Maritimo sacked their manager.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #386
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Today we are heading to Rio Ave. Agra is back from his injury. I begin with a counter style all my own baby. Stepinski from many bouncing headers by the defense dropped and scored in the 10th. They squeeze a tight shot off between some defenders to score in the 14th. 1-1. Stepinski on a rebound, score sin the 25th. They hit us on a counter. Hal.f I’m not happy with that! Komorski to Lansbury late (80th minute) to put us up 3-2. We had some great surges late, but won just 3-2. I’ll take it. A win at this stage keeps us apace of Benfica. You got away with that one. Stepinski is MOM.

Stepinski got a 110k goal bonus for cracking 20 league goals this season, it was worth it!

Old 05-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #387
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I’ve been an idiot with South Africa. I’ve been so focused on finding and dealing with the lack of quality FBs that I forgot I could just change to a 3-5-2 and forget them. I have my friendly coming up. I try to call up a 3-5-2 squad instead of a 4-4-2 one.

Let’s see what they can do. Rantie scores in the 2nd minute. They strike back in the 34th. Work a lot harder in the next half! Subbed in Mphala hits Rantie for his second score of the game. Man that’s incredible. I make some subs. They score in the 86th but its waved off. We win 2-1. MOM is Rantie.

Rocker was capped for Germany today. And he scored too.

Totladze also notched his first cap and I congratulate him.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #388
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Francisco Oliveira has, again, missed practice, twice more, with fines. I cut him. I offer to extend GK Joaquim Pereirra by a year.

Our Benfican match arrives. With 6 matches left, we have 1 point over Benfica and 4 over Porto and 8 over Braga. If we lose to Benfica today, that’ll hurt. It’s all hands and legs on deck, and Lucas Castro is back in the AMC spot. Get us revenge or get us death! Stepinski hits Lansbury for a score this time in the 3rd. They reciprocate in the 15th. Half. Get us one goal! Back to Standard. Then Control. Hojbjerg finds Castro for a score in the 71st. Mzizi with a yellow. I just put him in too! Agra scores from a Lansbury pass after being set up in the box by Hojbjerg. They get a 2nd yellow after fouling Stepinski. We won 3-1. Lansbury is MOM.

Good win! Big win. Now we are four up over Benfica.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #389
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

April

7th – Away vs Olhanense
15th – Home vs Vit Guimaraes
22nd – Home vs Vit. Setubal

Good training included Castro Mzizi and LEanardo Casal.

Stepinksi was Player of the Month – Henri Lansbury was 2nd Place

Joaquim signs the extension for a year. This gives me some extra coverage.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #390
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Again Olhanense today? Pick up where you left off guys! Which apparently to them means running up and down the field a lot and not doing anything. Half time, mega quiet. Then I get upset at them, and Skolnik hears and crosses to Stepinski for a score in the 55th. Another goal by us is called off (foul). But then Lansbury and Strandberg hit a goal off the corner and all is forgiven. We win 2-0. MOM is Lansbury. Well done. I suppose.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:08 PM   #391
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

A major development – Benfica just travelled to Sporting and tied them. That means Porto, with a win this week, will jump into 2nd and could be the only team left chasing us with 3 games to go after this week.

And Porto does, defeating Arouca 3-1.

But we are facing Vit G today. This is a team currently in 5th place. This is not some chump team we have. If we beat them today, we are over the hump. Our last three matches are against Vit Setubal, Gil Vicente and Academica – currently 9th, 12th and 10th in order. Well, we open with a shot by Rocker from a Stepinski pass. Lansbury crosses to Castro for a score in the 33rd. Keep it up in the 2nd half folks! 1st sub is Maxi P. Rocker feeds Skolnik and Skolnik scores in the 65th. Hojbjerg got a bit winded so I sub in Mzizi. Mzizi gets a score off a Lansbury corner in the 86th. We win 4-0. Nicely done folks. MOM was Rocker.

Costa, Strandberg, Rodrigues, Lansbury and Rocker in Team of the Week

Whoa! Tondela just shocked everyone by beating Benfica 3-1 in the second leg of the Semi Final of the Taca da Portugal and making it to the Final against Porto. Good job folks! I’ll be rooting hard for you!

Old 05-21-2014, 05:23 PM   #392
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Porto does professional work and takes out Rio Ave. 6-0. Now we host Vit Setubal. Can we do as well as we did against Vit G? Pick up where you left off! Skolnik crosses to Stepinski, who puts it down on a rebound after the first shot is blocked in the 13th minute of play this fine rainy evening in Madeira. Then he scores again in the 16th minute. Lansbury to Castro, score. 36th minute. Rocker to Stepinski for his hat trick in the 43rd. Half. I pull Hojbjerg for Fidalgo. Then Mzizi heads in for Strandberg. Lansbury hits Mzizi for a score off a corner. He is just death on that thing. Stepinski scores off a Castro pass. I sub in Agra for him. Four goals, it s time for him to call it. We win 6-0 too, Porto, so take that! MOM is Stepinski. Thoroughly profession job! We have qualified for the Champions Cup. Now, can we win?

Rocker got a 15 goal bonus of 150k.

Rodrigues, Castro and Stepinski were in Team of the Week.

Great links including Lansbury – Fidalgo, GK Bandura with GK Pereira, stuff like that.

Porto beat Benfica to win the Taca da Liga 4-2

Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM   #393
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

May

6th – Away at Gil Vicente
12th – Home vs Academica

Ruiz, Sousa, and Mzizi were happy training people, but L Castro and Strandberg were sad training people.

Lansbury came in 2nd in Player of the Month

Time for the Gil Vicente game. Porto again won, so we need to keep pace. I’ll be starting Komorski today, let’s give him some time to progress. Carry on! I don’t like these white and black away kits. We let them score twice. Then it half time. I give them a piece of mind, and Rocker finds Castro for a score in the 56th. Here we go. Then they score, again, in the 62nd. I can can’’t get any more offense. So we lose, on the road 3-1.

Now if you’ll recall Gil Vicente has been a bit of a giant slayer these last couple of years, lower on the table, but nipping in for wins in Cups or league against better team. Well, they just slew us. We now have 1 point separating us and Porto

Old 05-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #394
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
It's about the same as previous stuff. Each year has great stuff in it, but only makes the game marginally better. But I loe it, and got it off a sale for a 75% off coupon , so yay!
Well, you can't beat 75% off, that's for sure! Thank you for that.
Old 05-21-2014, 07:56 PM   #395
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, Porto finish with Benfica. Even if we lose, we can win the league if Benfica smash them. If Benfica wins, they leapfrog into 2nd place and the Champion Stuff. So they really want to win. If they win, and we lose, we’ll win on tiebreakers since we’d both have 71 points. So only Porto can overcome us.

Can we upend Academica? Here we go! I begin controlling. Hojbjerg IFK falls, drops, headed by Komorski to Rocker, kicked to Stepinski, who kicks it in and a lovely set piece move in the 20th. Komorski to Castro for a score in the 23rd. We have two goals waved off. Lansbury crosses to Stepinski. Half. We’re very pleased! Dejan Skolnik heads in to have his final game for me. For us. For the Island. Academica score back in the 55th. Stepinki finds Rodrigues attacking on the left and he scores. Pflugler heads in for Castro. Fidalgo for Hojbjerg. We win 4-1. MOM is Lansbury, and we have won the league again.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:30 PM   #396
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The Final Table

1 – Clube Desportivo Nacional da Madeira, 74 points, +59 GD
2 – Porto, 71, 47
3 – Benfica, 69, 48
4 – Braga – 61, 22
5 – Sporting, 55, 23
6 – Vit Guimaraes, 53, 16
7 – Maritimo, 38, -7
8 – Belenenses, 38, -7
9 – Vit Setubal, 37, -15
10 – Rio Ave, 35, -14
11 – Academica, 34, -9
12 – Gil Vicence, 33, -17
13 – Aves, 32, -21
14 – Tondela, 23, -40
15 – Olhanense, 16, -37
16 – Arouca, 12, -48

Coming back up are Portimonense and p . Feirria.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:40 PM   #397
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awards?

The average rating of Henri Lansbury of 7.8 in the league was a new record (in the game’s time)

Henri Lansbury won Player of the Year for the Liga! His 23 assists break the single season record.

Mariusz Stepinski got 2nd place for PotY. He led the league with 28 goals.

Stepinski won another bonus (125k for top goal scorer)

Andreas Rocker won Premier League Young Player of the Year, with 14 goals in 21 games and a 7.54 rating. He was also the quickest mark of the season at 0:26 vs Arouca.

Ruiz came in 2nd for best GK.

Five players were named in the Team of the Year – Strandberg, Rodrigues, L. Castro, Stepinski, and Lansbury

We won the fair play award.

On loan to P Ferreira, Vitor Barreto won Young Player of the Year for the 2nd Division. Nice!

Stefan Strandberg won DC of the Year for the League. Rodrigues got 3rd in FB.

Old 05-21-2014, 08:41 PM   #398
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yearly Training Summary:

Yay!

Costa
Rodrigues
Rocker
Pflugler
Sousa

Boo!

Maxi P

Old 05-21-2014, 09:10 PM   #399
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Stats!

Goals - 1st Stepinski, 28, 7th Rocker, 14

Assists – Lansbury, 23; 3rd, Stepinski, 11, 7th, Rocker, 9

MOM – 1st, tie, Stepinski, 7; 3rd, Lansbury, 6, Rocker had 5

Dribbles/game – 9th -Lansbury, 3.57; 17th Skolnik, 2.54

Clean Sheets – 2ns Fabian Ruiz – 10, one less than the leader

1st – Cross Completion Ration – Strandberg, 100%

Key passes – 3rd – Castro – 28; 5th, Lansbury, 24; 10th Stepinski, 21

Interceptions, 10th, Strandberg, 240

Average Ration – Lansbury, 7.8; 3rd – Stepinski, 7.60, and then 4th Rocker, 7.54

Porto beats Tondela 3-1 in the Taca da Portugal.

I win Manager of the Year

Tottenham defeat Paris Saint-Germain to win the Champions Trophy

We won 6.92 mill in TV Revenue

Old 05-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #400
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now what I'm going to do is to shift to the world cup completely, finish it, and then roll back the dynasty and continue on with the Madeira stuff