Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #1
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Mike Schaplowsky and the Kansas State Wildcats- a perfect match

As college football season is in full swing, I've decided to devote some of my free time to one of my favorite football games, NCAA Football 2012 for my Xbox 360. I will be starting a dynasty as the offensive coordinator of the Kansas State Wildcats. I will attempt to do what they've never been able to do: play for a national championship. Their best run was a few years ago when they lost in the Big 12 Title game, an upset loss. I believe that was 1998, but I could be wrong.

Here are some basic rules for the dynasty:

As offensive coordinator I will be in charge of recruiting and calling offensive plays.
I plan on coaching every single game of every single season, at least for starters. That may change as I get more into the dynasty.
As far as recruiting goes, my first priority will be team needs. Then, my second priority will be to strengthen any other offensive priority that isn't a team need.
The only time I'm allowed to recruit on the defensive side of the ball is if it is a team need, or if it is the offseason. Otherwise, I'm not allowed to recruit defensive players during the regular season. This will definitely increase the challenge, as the offense will improve much faster than the defense will. (Hey, go figure, I'm the offensive coordinator after all).

I hope to get this started sometime Thursday as soon as I get back in town, and I'm hoping to have a few followers. This will be a slow moving dynasty, as expected. Since I have work and so much else going on, and I'm coaching every game to start, things will be slow moving to say the least.

Now, I want to touch on conference realignment a little bit, as it is going to be a part of this dynasty. I was considering realigning things right off the bat to bring Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri, and Texas A&M back into the Big 12, but then I figured with my other plan, it wouldn't make since to do so. So here's what I'm going to do:

I am not going to have full conference movement, which would be promotion and demotion from every conference, every season. Instead, I plan to split the conferences into tiers. I believe, including the Independents, there will be 12 conferences. If that is the case, I will either split into 3 or 4 tiers. (I believe there is 11 conferences presently, but in this game, the WAC was still a conference, which makes 12.) Now, I can either have 3 tiers, with 4 conferences in each tier, or I can have 4 tiers, with 3 conferences in each tier. Regardless of what I decide, after every season, either 1 or 2 of the teams with the worst record in each tier would be demoted, and replaced in a particular conference with the team that had the best record in each tier. I hope that makes sense to everybody. When I get home I'll have to check and make sure there are 12 conferences and things will even out.

Now, this will unfortunately be a text based dynasty, like most of mine are, as I have no idea how to convert graphics from a video game system to a PC, nor do I even want to try. So you'll just have to do a fair amount of reading, and I'll have to do a fair amount of typing in this dynasty. No big deal, I'm used to it.

Oh, and one last thing, I am not allowed to take another job, of any kind. This dynasty will continue until 1 of 2 things happen: either I help K-State win a national championship, or I get fired as offensive coordinator. When 1 of those 2 things happen, I'll decide whether or not to continue the dynasty.

I hope you all enjoy, and I'll be getting this going hopefully on Thursday.

collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Just a check to see if anybody might be interested in this. I was planning on getting some preseason stuff taken care of today, displaying team goals, key players, things like that. However, this is one dynasty report that if there isn't going to be much interest, I may not do, simply because I know there is going to be a fair amount of work involved. I'd like to try a dynasty report of this type as it would be my first attempt, so give me a shout if interested, and I'll probably get things started today.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:27 PM   #3
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Location: Osaka, Japan via Honolulu, Hawaii via Birmingham, Alabama
It sounds interesting to me! I'll be following.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:17 AM   #4
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I'm interested, a friend and I are still sloshing through an online dynasty for NCAA 14. I like the promotion/relegation- usually I just move teams up when they break away from their conference foes.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 07:53 AM   #5
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 Preseason

I've decided I'm not going to go through the roster and evaluate it, however I am in the process of editing all the names to the names of the real 2012 roster, however I'm hitting some snags there. So let's start with some basic stuff, first the Preseason Top 10, and any other Big 12 teams that might be in the top 25.

Any big 12 teams will be highlighted and bolded with their teams color:

#1- Alabama
#2- USC
#3- LSU
#4- Oregon
#5- Oklahoma
#6- Georgia
#7- Arkansas
#8- Florida State
#9- Michigan
#10- West Virginia

#13- Kansas State
#17- TCU
#22- Texas
#23 Oklahoma State

The polls are something I'll do every week, along with a few other things.

Now, the Big 12 Outlook is as follows:

#1- Oklahoma
#2- West Virginia
#3- Kansas State
#4- TCU
#5- Texas
#6- Oklahoma State
#7- Baylor
#8- Texas Tech
#9- Iowa State
#10- Kansas
Old 10-09-2015, 08:02 AM   #6
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Here's a look at the 2012 Kansas State schedule:

Week 1- vs. FCS MW (NCAA Football doesn't really have the division 1A, or FCS schools as they are called now, they just generalize the FCS schools by location).
Week 2- vs. Miami (FL)
Week 3- vs. North Texas
Week 4- at Oklahoma
Week 5- bye
Week 6- vs. Kansas
Week 7- at Iowa State
Week 8- at West Virginia
Week 9- vs. Texas Tech
Week 10- vs. Oklahoma State
Week 11- at TCU
Week 12- at Baylor
Week 13- bye
Week 14- vs. Texas

One last thing I'd like to present is a look at my contract goals. My first contract as offensive coordinator is for 3 years, and I have 8 goals to accomplish:

2800+ total offensive yards in one season.
Win 4 games in one season.
30+ passing TD in one season.
15+ rushing TD in one season.
10+ passing TD in each season.
21+ points per game in each season.
Win 8 games in one season.
3000+ total offensive yards each season.

My starting job security is 44%, but it's nothing new for a new coach to have low job security.

Weekly reports will consist of a short preview and recap of each game, plus a look at all the top 25 and conference scores, as well as a look at contract info (job security and goal update). If any K-State players get an award, that will also be mentioned. I am not going to focus too much on recruiting, obviously I will let you guys know when a get a commit, but as far as going all through the recruiting and giving info on my recruiting list, who their looking at, etc etc, that's just far too much work. So recruiting news will be limited to when I sign somebody. I hope you all enjoy. I'm going to try to get a couple games played today, but if not, then sometime this weekend. Thanks for reading!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #7
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I have decided to give up on trying to match player names in this game with their real life 2012 counterparts, it's just too hard, and things don't match up. So I'll just go with the names that are in the game for Kansas State.

Week 1

Game vs. FCS Midwest

We are heavy favorites in this game, and it'll be a great chance for me to get some 2nd and even 3rd string players in. That's provided we take care of business like we should.

1st Quarter

They won the toss and elected to kick, so right away my job as offensive coordinator begins. All it took was 6 plays and 1 minute, 24 seconds to coordinate my first touchdown drive, as QB Kenny West connected with HB E.J. Covington on a 13 yard touchdown pass to give us an early 7-0 lead. To my surprise, they marched the ball down field and tied the game at 7 with a touchdown of their own. Not good defense. Just not good. A big blow on our second drive as Covington went down with an injury after trying to hurdle a defender on a running play. The drive ended with a Zach Burns field goal to give us a 10-7 lead. The defense was much better on their 2nd drive, creating a 3 and out, unfortunately we muffed the punt, giving them great field position after they recovered the fumble. The quarter would end with them marching down the field looking to take the lead.

#13 Kansas State- 10, FCS Midwest- 7

2nd Quarter

We got a huge stop on 3rd and goal, and got an even bigger break when their kicker missed a 20 yard FG attempt. We would take advantage with a 10 play drive that saw 2nd string HB Cory Deloach march into the end zone with a 7 yard TD run. Burns added the extra point to give us a 17-7 lead. Another 3 and out for them gave us great field position for our next drive, as we started on our own 38. It took us 3 plays and less than a minute to score again, as Deloach had an 11 yard TD run, with the extra point putting us up 24-7. We forced another 3 and out and got the ball back with just over 2 minutes in the quarter, looking to deliver an early knockout punch. It wasn't to be, as we had to punt it away, leaving them virtually no time to do anything.

Halftime Score: #13 Kansas State- 24, FCS Midwest- 7

3rd Quarter

They got the ball to start the 2nd half, but 2 sacks and a quick 3 and out gave us the ball at their 41 yard line. We got a huge break on a 2nd down incompletion and what would have been 3rd and 12, but a roughing the passer penalty was called on them so we got an extra set of downs out of it. I decided to let my starting FB Shane Charles get into the action, as he barreled his way into the end zone from 1 yard away, with the Burns XP giving us a 31-7 lead. After yet another 3 and out, I decided it was time to get a look at my 2nd string offense. They picked up right where the starters left off, as Andy Malone connected with TE Brian Montgomery for an 8 yard touch down. The PAT gave us a 38-7 lead. The defense, surprise surprise, forced yet another 3 and out, as we ran 1 more play in the 3rd quarter and then went into the 4th with a commanding lead.

#13 Kansas State- 38, FCS Midwest- 7

4th Quarter

Nothing much to do here but pound the ball on the ground and work that clock. We've gone into a conservative offense, milking the clock down to almost 0 before we snap. After all, no sense in running up the score against an overmatched opponent. A couple holding penalties negated another rushing touchdown, and a couple sucks forced us to punt, but we used up 5 of the 8 minutes in the 4th quarter with one drive, which is what I wanted. The defense came with another 3 and out, and we got the ball back one more time. I decided to give my 3rd string QB a couple throws and a couple runs, as well as my 2nd string FB a couple runs, as we ran out the clock and posted a dominating victory, although maybe not as dominant as I'd have liked.

Final Score: #13 Kansas State- 38, FCS Midwest- 7

Final Stats

Passing (Comp-Att-Yards-TD if any-Int if any)

K. West (8-12-156-1)
A. Malone (2-3-22-1)
B. Sparks (1-1-5)

Rushing (Att-Yards-TD if any)

D. Harrison (10-110)
C. Deloach (11-63-2)
E. Covington (5-38)
K. West (7-25)
D. Vogel (3-14)
S. Charles (4-14-1)
C. Daniels (1-13)
B. Sparks (1-3)
A. Malone (2-1)

Receiving (Catches-Yards-TD if any)

D. Robinson (2-60)
C. Daniels (2-43)
B. Montgomery (2-22-1)
A. Daniels (1-22)
P. Brown (1-14)
E. Covington (1-13-1)
J. Hardy (1-5)
D. Harrison (1-4)

Big 12 Scores

I was going to list the Top 25 scores as well, but I found out that if you simulate the week, the scores will reflect the next weeks rankings, not the week that was simulated. So I'm going to have to simulate the top 25 games separate before I simulate the whole week, either that or not worry about posting the top 25 scores each week, whatever you guys think. Anyways, here's the Big 12 scores for the week:

Texas Tech- 45, FCS Southeast- 10
#23 Oklahoma State- 52, FCS Southeast- 10 (remember, NCAA Football 12 doesn't have actual FCS teams, so you could have multiple teams like FCS Midwest, FCS Southeast, and so on.)
Kansas- 45, FCS Midwest- 14
SMU- 24, Baylor- 21
Marshall- 24, #10 West Virginia- 21 (big upset there)
#22 Texas- 47, Wyoming- 10
#5 Oklahoma- 42, UTEP- 3
Tulsa- 31, Iowa State- 14

This will be the format I use for every week, and starting with week 2 of every season I will be adding a look at Job Security and Goal Updates. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 10-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #8
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 2, 2012

Top 10 plus other Big 12 teams ranked in Top 25

#1- USC (38 FPV)
#2- LSU (22 FPV)
#3- Oregon (1 FPV)
#4- Oklahoma
#5- Georgia
#6- Michigan
#7- Arkansas
#8- Florida State
#9- Alabama
#10- South Carolina
#12 Kansas State
#15 TCU
#19 Texas
#21 Oklahoma State
#25 West Virginia

Job Security and Goal Progress

44% Job Security

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (464 yards so far).
Win 4 games in one season. (Won 1 game so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (2 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (3 TD rushes so far).
10+ passing TD in each season. (2 TD passes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (38 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (1 win so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (464 yards so far).

Injury Report

Starting HB Covington strained his quad when he was hit while trying to hurdle a defender last week. He is out for todays game and as far as week 3 goes, he's questionable. Deloach will start in his place.

Game against Miami (FL) (1-0)

This should be a much tougher game, as we have a better offense, but their defense is slightly better. We lead in 8 of the 11 categories that the 2 teams were compared in, but ESPN is picking the Hurricanes to beat us. Those fools!

First Quarter

We won the toss and elected to defer, so they started with the ball. Much luck last game, they moved the ball well on us in their first drive, including a couple first down conversions. The D picked it up though, and held them to a field goal as we find ourselves trailing for the first time all season, 3-0. Unfortunately, we couldn't get anything going on our first possession and went 3 and out. We forced them into a 3 and out and got the ball back deep in our own territory. After what I felt was a horrible spot on what should have been a touchdown, and an unsuccessful challenge, I decided to let Kenny West sneak it in from the 6 inch line on 4th down. He got in, Zach Burns kicked the extra point, and we strike back right as the quarter ends.

#12 Kansas State- 7, Miami (FL)- 3

Second Quarter

The defense got a huge stop on 3rd and 2 and they had to punt it away. We drove down and had a drive stalled deep in their territory, but Burns kicked a FG to put us ahead 10-3. An interception gave us one more chance to add to the lead before halftime, but we would have to go into our 2 minute drill offense. A couple huge scrambles by West paid off big, as he was able to find WR Dustin Robinson on the run for a 47 yard TD pass. Burns missed the XP, so the lead would only be extended to 16-3. A huge momentum buster as they executed an even more successful 1 minute drill and got the extra point to end the half.

Halftime Score: #12 Kansas State- 16, Miami (FL)- 10.

Third Quarter

Thankfully, we got the ball to start the 2nd half, trying to gain some of that momentum back. It took 1 play for West to connect with WR Jason Cummings on a 79 yard TD pass, breaking the NCAA record (I'm sure 79 yards isn't the record now, but apparently it was good enough in 2012). This time Burns made the XP, and we extended the lead to 23-10. We stopped them 1 yard short on a 3rd and 6, and got the ball back at our own 12. We went 3 and out, just inches short from a first down, and after a punt, they fumbled the ball and we recovered deep in their territory. For the 2nd straight possession, the offensive was ineffective and Burns missed a 40 yard FG, so we come out of it with no points and me scratching my head. Another punt for them, and with Deloach being largely ineffective so far, I decided to give the ball to his back-up for this game, Demetrius Harrison. After all, he did rush for 110 yards last week. He was able to get us a huge first down right before the 3rd quarter ended.

#12 Kansas State- 26, Miami (FL)- 10

4th Quarter

Their defense really helped us out on this drive with 2 roughing the passer penalties and 2 facemask penalties. After the 2nd roughing the passer penalty, I decided to end West's day and put in Andy Malone. His contribution to the game would be a 9 yard TD run with the ensuing XP to put us up 30-10 and really put the game out of reach. However, it didn't take them long to answer back, as they marched down the field to cut the lead to 30-17. Being down by 2 scores, we expected them to try an onside kick. They did, we recovered, and then proceeded to go backwards on 3 straight runs, giving them the ball back with just under 2 mins to go. Ay yi yi! They were able to punch it in with 48 seconds left, cutting the lead to 30-24. The game would rest on the upcoming onside kick, which thankfully, we recovered. Unfortunately, with them still having 2 timeouts, taking a knee wasn't an option. We had to run plays, and after a holding penalty and a delay of game penalty which caused me to throw my headset down in disgust, we finally gained some positive yards, forcing them to burn their timeouts. We did have to punt it away with 11 seconds to go, but 2 hailmary attempts for them that failed, and we escaped, and I do mean escaped, with the victory!

Final Score

#12 Kansas State- 30, Miami (FL)- 24

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (9-15-227-2)
A. Malone (1-1-1)

Rushing

K. West (12-68-1)
D. Harrison (12-45)
C. Deloach (9-39)
A. Malone (2-5-1)
C. Daniels (1-2)

Receiving

J. Cummings (3-101-1)
D. Robinson (1-47-1)
P. Brown (1-37)
A. Daniels (1-21)
C. Deloach (2-12)
B. Montgomery (1-7)
S. Charles (1-3)

Top 10 Scores (Since I'm only doing the top 10 in the polls, plus other Big 12 teams, and I'll run down the Big 12 scores later, I'm just going to do scores involving top 10 teams, including any Big 12 teams in the Top 10.

#1 USC- 45, Syracuse- 14
#2 LSU- 34, Washington- 0
Fresno State- 34, #3 Oregon- 27
#4 Oklahoma- 52, FCS Southeast- 10
#5 Georgia- 49, Missouri- 35
#6 Michigan- 35, Air Force- 10
#7 Arkansas- 45, UL Monroe- 0
#8 Florida State- 63, FCS Southeast- 13
#9 Alabama- 24, Western Kentucky- 10
#10 South Carolina- 17, ECU- 3

Other Big 12 Scores

Iowa- 44, Iowa State- 7
Kansas- 38, Rice- 28
Texas Tech- 38, Texas State- 10
#15 TCU- 41, FCS Southeast- 13
#19 Texas- 58, New Mexico- 3
#21 Oklahoma State- 38, Arizona- 24
Old 10-11-2015, 09:48 AM   #9
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 3, 2012

Top 10 plus other Big 12 Teams ranked in Top 25

#1- USC (39 FPV)
#2- LSU (21 FPV)
#3- Oklahoma (1 FPV)
#4- Georgia
#5- Michigan
#6- Arkansas
#7- Florida State
#8- Alabama
#9- South Carolina
#10- Michigan State
#11- Kansas State
#14- TCU
#18- Texas
#21- Oklahoma State
#25- West Virginia

Contract Feedback

44% Job Security

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (851 yards so far).
Win 4 games in one season. (Won 2 game so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (4 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (4 TD rushes so far).
10+ passing TD in each season. (4 TD passes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (34 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (2 win so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (851 yards so far).

Injury Report

Covington is still feeling the effects of the strained quad. He's listed as probable for this one. Considering the opponent, I'm keeping him low on the depth chart where he can take this game to rest, although I may get him a couple carries towards the end of the game.

Game against North Texas (1-1)

We should win this one fairly easily, as the only advantage they have over us currently statistic wise is a better pass defense. ESPN has us favored.

First Quarter

They won the toss and chose to defer, so we'll start on offense first. We had some trouble moving the ball, and did get it into FG range, but Zach Burns missed the 48 yard FG. Zoikes! It took them 7 plays to march down the field and strike for a touchdown, and all of a sudden we found ourselves trailing 7-0. After trading 3 and outs, we got the ball back at their 47 yard line, and the quarter ended with us moving the ball down to their 1 yard line.

North Texas- 7, #11 Kansas State- 0

Second Quarter

On the first play of the quarter, Cory Deloach ran it in for a 1 yard TD run. Burns added the XP and we tied it at 7. After a couple first downs for them, we forced them to punt it away. After trading 3 and outs again, we proceeded to completely dominate the second quarter by using a methodical, 14 play drive. Unfortunately it stalled short of the end zone and we had to settle for a 19 yard FG from Burns. They got a couple plays off before halftime, but nothing significant.

Halftime Score: #11 Kansas State- 10, North Texas- 7

Third Quarter

They got the ball to start the 2nd half and went 3 and out. We again had a nice, slow drive that ended when Kenny West found Dustin Robinson on a catch and run for a 10 yard TD. Burns added the XP to give us a 17-7 lead. The defense did their job again, forcing another 3 and out and another punt. Unfortunately, West got a little greedy on first down, throwing into double coverage as it was picked off, so they got the ball in great field position. It took them 6 plays to get into the end zone and add the XP, and our lead was cut to 17-14. Our ensuing drive was filled with penalties and a sack or 2, as we end the quarter facing a 3rd and 26.

End of 3rd Quarter Score: #11 Kansas State- 17, North Texas- 14.

4th Quarter

Remember that 3rd and 26 we were faced with to start this quarter? No matter, as backup QB Andy Malone hooked up with Robinson for a 70 yard TD pass, getting the crowd back into the game. The XP gave us a 10 point lead again, 24-14. Another 3 and out forced by our defense had the place rocking, and I decided to go for blood, passing for a couple 1st downs before I decided to give West and Deloach the rest of the game off, turning it over to their respective backups, Malone and Demetrius Harrison, for the rest of the game. After giving up our 6th sack of the game (MFing offensive line is a joke) which I thought would put us out of FG range, I lobbied for us to punt it away and play the field position game. My head coach (remember, I'm just the offensive coordinator) decided to trot Burns out there for a 52 yard FG attempt, which he made, just to spite me I'm sure. Anyways, that gave us a 27-14 lead. Seems our defense has forgotten how to close out games, as they marched right down the field for a TD and XP, cutting the lead to 27-21. Geez louise! To my surprise, they elected to kick it away, and with 2 minutes left, if we could just get a first down or 2, it would seal the deal. And we were able to do exactly that with our running game, and we escaped with another victory in a game that the score was a lot closer than it should have been.

Final Score

#11 Kansas State- 27, North Texas- 21

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (12-20-104-1-1)
A. Malone (3-3-90-1)

Rushing

C. Deloach (17-96-1)
K. West (15-85)
D. Harrison (5-32)
J. Cummings (1-5)
S. Charles (2-4)
A. Malone (4- -10) This indicates that Malone actually had -10 yards rushing.

Receiving

D. Robinson (4-110-2)
P. Brown (3-36)
S. Charles (3-16)
C. Daniels (1-10)
A. Daniels (1-8)
J. Cummings (1-6)
D. Harrison (1-4)
B. Montgomery (1-4)

Offensive Coordinator Thoughts

Well, other than the 1 big pass play, our passing game was really ineffective. Our rushing was brilliant, however. I'd really like to see West stand in the pocket more. We already have great running backs, we need him to pass the ball, not run it. However, with our inept offensive line giving up 6 sacks to a team like North Texas, I can only imagine what the defensive pressure will be like when we face teams like Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU. The line has to get better to give West a chance to throw the ball more. I realize he threw it 20 times, but many of those were either forced throws that were off target, or just short throws. I like that Malone came in on the first play of the 4th Quarter and aired it out on a 3rd and 26 though. I'll be honest, I flubbed on that one. He was in the game and I didn't even know it. I thought West made that pass. Oops! Regardless, we have to get better. I can't imagine us moving up in the polls this week, but I wouldn't be surprised if we moved down.

Top 10 Scores

#1 USC- 31, #17 Stanford- 21
#2 LSU- 34, Idaho- 10
#4 Georgia- 26, Florida Atlantic- 6
#5 Michigan- 63, UMass- 7
#8 Alabama- 37. #6 Arkansas- 27
#7 Florida State- 37, Wake Forest- 17
#9 South Carolina- 16, UAB- 3
#10 Michigan State- 41, #22 Notre Dame- 21

Other Big 12 Scores

Iowa State- 31, FCS Midwest- 19
Baylor- 49, FCS Southeast- 0
#25 West Virginia- 73, FCS East- 0
#14 TCU- 35, Kansas- 14
#21 Oklahoma State- 36, UL Lafayette- 10
Texas Tech- 48, New Mexico- 14
#18 Texas- 23, Ole Miss- 17
Old 10-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #10
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 4, 2012

Top 10 plus Big 12

#1- USC (38 FPV)
#2- LSU (22 FPV)
#3- Oklahoma (1 FPV)
#4- Georgia
#5- Michigan
#6- Alabama
#7- Florida State
#8- South Carolina
#9- Michigan State
#10- Kansas State
#14- TCU
#17- Texas
#19- Oklahoma State
#23- West Virginia

Contract Feedback

44% Job Security

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (1257 yards so far).
Win 4 games in one season. (Won 3 games so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (6 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (5 TD rushes so far).
10+ passing TD in each season. (6 TD passes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (31 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (3 wis so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (1257 yards so far).

Injury Report

Covington is still recovering from his strained quad, so we'll leave him down on the depth chart and try and mix him in a little bit.

Game at #3 Oklahoma (2-0)

This is by far going to be our toughest test so far. Oklahoma leads us in every category other than turnover differential, and they are overwhelming favorites in this one. The good thing about it is that a loss to a team like Oklahoma won't hurt my job security, while a win could really boost it. One thing is for sure, we're going to have to play a lot better than we did against North Texas if we're going to pull the upset here.

First Quarter

They won the toss and deferred, so we'll start on offense. And the game couldn't have started better as we used all but a minute and a half of the quarter, sustaining a 16 play drive as I gave it to the big FB Shane Charles who pounded it in from 1 yard out. This coming after a roughing the passer penalty and 3rd and goal gave us a new set of downs. The Zach Burns XP gave us a 7-0 lead and the defense forced a 3 and out, so we are back in business! 2 plays later and the quarter ended.

First Quarter Score: #10 Kansas State- 7, #3 Oklahoma- 0.

Second Quarter

Their defense responded with a 3 and out and they got the ball back in decent field position. We got another huge break as they went for it on 4th and 2 from our 14 yard line and threw an incomplete pass, so we keep them off the board again. On 3rd and long, Kenny West went deep but threw an interception, which I'm actually ok with because had we had to punt it away, their field position would have been about the same. Again our defense came up huge in the red zone as we held them to a field goal, but with just 2 minutes left in the half and the passing game completely ineffective so far, I had to come up with something big. We couldn't have scripted it any better as on the first play West went deep again, this time connecting with Dustin Robinson on a 64 yard pass. 2 players later, he found Jason Cummings in the end zone for a 9 yard TD. Burns made the XP to put us up 14-3, and that's how the half would end.

Halftime Score: #10 Kansas State- 14, #3- Oklahoma- 3

3rd Quarter

They got the ball to start the 2nd half but our defense forced another 3 and out, so we took over with a chance to really put it away. After another time consuming drive, West found Courtney Daniels over the middle for a 23 yard TD pass! Burns added the XP and we now led 21-3! After a couple first downs, the defense stopped them again, and we ran the ball once more as the quarter came to an end.

3rd Quarter Score: #10 Kansas State- 21, #3 Oklahoma- 3

4th Quarter

Midway through the possession, I decided that West had taken enough hits for the day, so I called on Andy Malone. We again wasted most of the quarter, and Malone connected with Daniels across the middle (Daniels loves getting open down the middle) for a 22 yard TD pass, and after a penalty on the try, Burns made a little bit longer than normal XP, as the stands in Norman cleared and we led 28-3. They tried to get a TD on the board, but we stopped them late, and the domination was over!

Final Score: #10 Kansas State- 28, #3 Oklahoma- 3

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (7-11-101-2-1)
A. Malone (1-1-22-1-0)

Rushing

C. Deloach (16-129)
K. West (9-45)
D. Harrison (7-21)
E. Covington (3-18)
S. Charles (4-8-1)
A. Malone (1-4)

Receiving

D. Robinson (1-64)
C. Daniels (3-44-2)
J. Cummings (2-20-1)
D. Harrison (2- -5) Harrison had -5 yards receiving.

What...a....game! I never would have thought we'd come in and thrash the Sooners like that. Unbelievable! It took the passing game most of the 1st half to get going, and even then, West and Malone only found 4 different receivers, but when they did, it was big. Deloach was all over the place on the ground, my only regret is that I wasn't able to get him into the end zone. The run blocking was sensational. West is still doing a little too much scrambling out of the pocket on designed pass plays. He got sacked 3 times today, and 2 of them were his fault. Had he been patient and not tried to scramble, he probably would have had better success. I can't be mad at him though, when he does pass the ball, he's very accurate, other than the interception of course. We were 7-9 on 3rd down conversions, and of the 2 that we missed on, one of them resulted in a penalty and automatic first down, so really we were 8-9. Or maybe the 7th one was counted with the automatic first down? Who knows? Here's the most telling stat of the game to me, TOP. We had the ball for 25:40, while they had it for 6:20. That is a sign that their defense just flat out couldn't get our offense off the field.

Top 10 Scores

#1 USC- 50, Cal- 7
Auburn- 30, #2 LSU- 17
#4 Georgia- 38, Vanderbilt- 3
#5 Michigan- 44, #25 Notre Dame- 24
#6 Alabama- 35, Florida Atlantic- 7
#11 Clemson- 31, #7 Florida State- 22
#8 South Carolina- 49, Missouri- 31
Eastern Michigan- 35, #9 Michigan State- 32

There's going to be some major shake-ups in the top 10 next week.

Other Big 12 Scores

Not a lot of Big 12 action in Week 4, with just 4 other games.

Maryland- 24, #23 West Virginia- 7
Kansas- 39, Northern Illinois- 30 (look at Kansas standing at 3-1, they are playing some impressive ball so far).
#14 TCU- 45, Virginia- 17
Baylor- 37, UL Monroe- 14

Next week is a bye week for us, so next weeks post will be short and sweet. There are just 4 Big 12 games next week, and 3 of the 4 are matching Big 12 teams against each other. I'm pumped to see where we stand in the polls now and how much the top 25 shifted.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:35 PM   #11
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 5, 2012

We have the week off, so this will be a short post.

Top 10 plus other ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- USC (38 FPV)
#2- Michigan (21 FPV)
#3- Georgia (1 FPV)
#4- Alabama
#5- Kansas State (1 FPV)
#6- South Carolina
#7- Clemson
#8- Oklahoma
#9- LSU
#10- Arkansas
#13- TCU
#16- Texas
#18- Oklahoma State

Contract Feedback

53% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (1605 yards so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (9 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (6 TD rushes so far).
10+ passing TD in each season. (9 TD passes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (30 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (4 wins so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (1605 yards so far).

Injury Report

Covington is still listed as probable with that strained quad. Hopefully another week off will have him fully back in the lineup next week.

Top 10 Scores

#3 Georgia- 41, Tennessee- 14
#4 Alabama- 34, Ole Miss- 6
#6 South Carolina- 44, Kentucky- 14
#7 Clemson- 31, Boston College- 3
#9 LSU- 69, FCS Southeast- 7
#10 Arkansas- 55, Texas A&M- 14

Big 12 Scores

Iowa State- 30, Texas Tech- 7
West Virginia- 28, Baylor- 19
#13 TCU- 48, SMU- 17
#16 Texas- 40, #18 Oklahoma State- 10

Next week: The Sunflower Showdown as we host the Kansas Jayhawks who are currently a very surprising 3-1.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:26 PM   #12
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 6, 2012

Top 10 plus other ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- USC (34 FPV)
#2- Michigan (24 FPV)
#3- Georgia (1 FPV)
#4- Alabama
#5- Kansas State (1 FPV)
#6- South Carolina (1 FPV)
#7- Clemson
#8- Oklahoma
#9- LSU
#10- Arkansas
#12- TCU
#14- Texas
#24- Oklahoma State

Contract Feedback

53% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (1605 yards so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (9 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (6 TD rushes so far).
10+ passing TD in each season. (9 TD passes so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (1605 yards so far).

Injury Report

Covington is finally healthy, but I'm going to have him be the backup for Deloach. I hate to take the starting job away from Deloach as well as he has been performing.

Game vs. Kansas (3-1)

The Jayhawks are a surprising 3-1, and they actually have the advantage in total offense, passing offense, and PPG, as well as turnover differential. They are still Kansas though, and we are still favored heavily in this one. The last thing we want is a letdown from the way we played against Oklahoma.

First Quarter

We won the toss and elected to defer, so the defense would be on the field first. It took us just 2 plays to get the defense off the field as their QB threw an interception and we would start at their 45. It didn't take us long to take advantage as Kenny West found Dustin Robinson for a 4 yard TD pass. The Zach Burns extra point gave us a 7-0 lead. They were able to get 1 first down on their next possession before pinning us deep in our territory. Their D brought the pressure and not only forced us to punt from our own end zone, but also knocked West out of the game. Using that momentum, they marched down the field to tie the game at 7. We ran a couple more plays then ran the clock out on the first quarter, as all the momentum had been taken away from us.

First Quarter Score: #5 Kansas State- 7, Kansas- 7

Second Quarter

1 play into the quarter and we again had to punt from deep in our territory. Again, they drove right down field and scored, as all of a sudden we found ourselves trailing our in-state rivals 14-7, really back on our heels now. We were able to get the ball into the red zone on our next possession, only to have backup QB Andy Malone force a screen pass that got intercepted. Let the hairpulling begin. We stopped them though, getting the ball back with a measly 21 seconds in the half. And.. let the hairpulling stop, as Malone made up for his INT with a beautiful 21 second drill drive, as he converted 2 big passes, the 2nd being a 33 yard TD pass to Robinson. The Burns extra point got us even at halftime.

Halftime Score: #5 Kansas State- 14, Kansas- 14.

3rd Quarter

We hoped to keep some of the momentum as we got the ball to start the 2nd half. We used almost half the quarter on our possession, welcoming back E.J. Covington as I inserted him at halfback, and he promptly ran for an 8 yard TD. The Burns extra point had the momentum back in our favor completely and we led 21-14. They were able to continue marching downfield on our defense, but this time we held them to a field goal and looked to extend our 21-17 lead. We ran out the quarter, with no help from our offensive line who had 2 holding penalties on the drive so far.

Third Quarter Score: #5 Kansas State- 21, Kansas- 17

4th Quarter

We started the quarter with a 2nd and 18, got a 9 yard pass play, then on 3rd and 9 Malone almost threw another interception, so we'd have to punt it away. It was a beautiful punt as we pinned them within their own 5 yard line. The defense stopped them on 3rd down, and we would get the ball back in their territory after a poor punt. Not wanting to push Covington too much as he was also returning kickoffs, I put Deloach back in the game. His first carry of the quarter so him execute a beautiful hurdle for a 16 yard gain that would have made Bo Jackson proud. Unfortunately, the drive ended when Patrick Brown made a reception that would have put us inside the 10 yard line. Only problem is he fumbled it and they recovered and ran it back to their 27. They were able to complete 2 third down conversions on the ensuing drive and.. guess what.. another TD pass for them and extra point gave them a 24-21 lead and silenced the crowd, as we would have a minute and a half to try and tie the game or take the lead. It took just one play as a hit and miss Malone read a blitz and just got rid of it before getting creamed. Lucky for us, it ended up in the hands of Jason Cummings who took it to the house for a 75 yard touchdown!!!! The Burns extra point gave us a 28-24 lead and ignited the crowd, but unfortunately left them a minute to try and answer. It would be up to the defense. And I'll be a MFin damned, they converted a 4th and 3 and then went all the way, regaining the lead 31-28. Our offense was crushed. One final hailmary heave with 2 seconds left was almost answered, as Robinson caught it but couldn't get in the end zone with time expired, and the crowd was absolutely shocked.

Final Score: Kansas- 31, #5 Kansas State- 28

Final Stats

Passing

A. Malone (10-16-265-2-1)
K. West (2-4-20-1)

Rushing

C. Deloach (12-97)
E. Covington (6-44-1)
A. Malone (6-28)
K. West (2-22)
S. Charles (1-1)

Receiving

J. Cummings (4-147-1)
D. Robinson (3-98-2)
E. Covington (2-18)
C. Deloach (2-12)
P. Brown (1-10)

It's really, really hard to be mad at the offense, as we put up 477 total yards. The difference in this one was the late game fumble and the fact our defense only showed up for a couple possessions. Sure, I could be mad at Brown for fumbling, but we had chances to make stops after that and didn't. Unfortunately, the motto is you win as a team, you lose as a team. Huge overall letdown after the OU game, which is what I feared. No doubt we'll be out of the top 10 come next week. If there is a bright spot, it's that the Jayhawks are now 4-1 (yes I know, K-State and KU should not be rooting for each other, but in my heart I do want the Hawks to do well). Not only that, but this game was an instant classic, making #1 on the list. Still though, we shouldn't have lost this game. I have no control over the defense, but this wasn't the same defense we saw at Oklahoma.

Top 10 Scores

Utah- 31, #1 USC- 21
#2 Michigan- 52, Purdue- 24
#3 Georgia- 28, #6 South Carolina- 21
#25 Georgia Tech- 45, #7 Clemson- 6
#8 Oklahoma- 47, Texas Tech- 24
#9 LSU- 38, #18 Florida- 24
#22 Auburn- 34, #10 Arkansas- 17

Lots of upsets in the top 10 this week, as we lost, USC lost, Clemson lost big, Arkansas lost, and South Carolina lost big. No doubt Michigan will be the new #1 next week with Georgia being #2. We'll be lucky to be in the top 10, and there should be a huge shakeup.

Other Big 12 Scores

#12 TCU- 41, Iowa State- 0
#14 Texas- 35, West Virginia- 17

Next Week

After the huge letdown against Kansas, we will travel to Iowa State next week. I'd like to say this should be an easy game, but the way we whipped up Oklahoma in Norman then lost to KU at home, I have no idea what to expect.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 10-24-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:52 PM   #13
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

To speed this along, since I have no control over the defense anyways, I've decided to put the entire recruiting process in the hands of the computer AI. I know this is probably a disaster waiting to happen, but we'll see how it goes. If and when I get offered the head coaching job at Kansas State, I'll go back to doing full recruiting.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 PM   #14
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 7, 2012

Top 10 plus other Ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- Georgia (34 FPV)
#2- Michigan (21 FPV)
#3- Alabama
#4- Nebraska (4 FPV)
#5- TCU (1 FPV)
#6- LSU
#7- Oklahoma
#8- Texas
#9- USC
#10- South Carolina
#15- Kansas State
#25- Oklahoma State

Not surprised at all that we dropped so far.

Contract Feedback

47% Job Security

Completed Goals
Partially Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

10+ passing TD in each season. (Passed 1st Season).
2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (2082 yards so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (12 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (7 TD rushes so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (2082 yards so far).

Injury Report

Our starting QB Kenny West was injured last game against KU, his prognosis is a knee bruise and he's out for the game against Iowa State. Andy Malone will be the starter.

Game at Iowa State (2-3, 1-1)

This is a game that we should win easily, but then again we should have beaten the Jayhawks easily. We lead in every single statistical category and are heavy favorites, but with a backup QB who is hit and miss, we'll see.

1st Quarter

We got the ball to start the game, and what a waste of a quarter it was offensively. We couldn't muster anything, as we went 3 and out on our first possession, but so did they. Then on our second possession, Andy Malone threw an interception. They turned right around and did the same. Our third possession was a 3 and out, but we got another interception deep in their territory. Unfortunately, it was another 3 and out and we had to settle for a Zach Burns 26 yard FG to give us a 3-0 lead. The quarter ended with our defense forcing their third turnover of the game, giving us the ball near midfield.

1st Quarter Score: #15 Kansas State- 3, Iowa State- 0

2nd Quarter

Needing a boost, I decided to insert E.J. Covington into the lineup at HB. On his first run of the game, he ran for a first down, then we got a huge break on a 3rd and 20 as they got called for a roughing the passer penalty, giving us an automatic first down. 2 plays later, we took advantage as Malone finally connected with Courtney Daniels on a 36 yard TD pass. Burns added the XP to give us a 10-0 lead. Their first possession of the quarter saw them drive down, but the defense came up huge again as we stopped them on a 4th and 1, getting the ball back deep in their territory. Another 3 and out for us, another fumble for them that we recovered, another roughing the passer penalty on them, and then a 5 yard TD scramble by Malone with the Burns XP gave us a 17-0 lead. They got a couple plays off but given the slow start, we went into the locker room feeling decent about ourselves.

Halftime Score: #15 Kansas State- 17, Iowa State- 0

3rd Quarter

Their first possession finally saw them find the end zone to cut the lead to 17-7, but our next possession saw us get 2 huge plays. First, they jumped offsides on a 4th on 1, giving us a first down when we would have had to punt. Second, a 3rd and 14 saw Malone connect with Dustin Robinson on a huge pass play. Ultimately, we had to rely on a 37 yard Burns FG to give us a 20-7 lead going into the 4th quarter.

3rd Quarter Score: #15 Kansas State- 20, Iowa State- 7

4th Quarter

Their offense found a groove in the 4th quarter, as they scored to cut the lead to 20-14. The offense stalled and Covington left the game with an injury. We had to punt and they scored again to take the lead 21-20 with 1:37 left. We relied on the legs and arm both of Malone, who guided us down the field, and Cory Deloach ran it in from 6 yards out to give us the lead back. We tried for 2 and failed, so we led 26-21, giving them the ball back with just seconds to go. And they ran out of time, so a game we should have won easily turned into us sweating it out.

Final Score: #15 Kansas State- 26, Iowa State- 21

Final Stats

Passing

A. Malone (9-16-199-1-1)

Rushing

E. Covington (11-31)
A. Malone (11-12-1)
C. Deloach (5-4-1)

Receiving

D. Robinson (3-133)
C. Daniels (3-66-1)
E. Covington (3-0)

We were really, really lucky to win this one. We couldn't get a running game going, Malone was sacked 5 times, and if not for some crucial penalties on their end and our defense forcing 4 first half turnovers, we probably lose this game. I have no explanation for what is going on with the run game all of a sudden, other than they had a great gameplan. Regardless, a win is a win, but we've gotta get better, as the schedule gets tough, tough, tough now. This is the 2nd straight game that has been an instant classic, and neither of them should have been. This one ranked #2 on the charts, below the Kansas game.

Top 10 Scores

#2 Michigan- 56, Purdue- 10
#3 Alabama- 31, Missouri- 24
Baylor- 33, #5 TCU- 28
#6 LSU- 28, #10 South Carolina- 17
#8 Texas- 20, #7 Oklahoma- 3
Washington- 45, #9 USC- 31

More top 10 upsets as TCU and USC go down. That #5 ranking is not good, as the last 2 weeks, teams in that slot have fallen. We didn't do nearly enough to crack the top 10 again, in fact I'd be shocked if we don't move down further.

Other Big 12 Scores

#25 Oklahoma State- 21, Kansas- 17
West Virginia- 34, Texas Tech- 17

Next Week

We stay on the road as we travel to West Virginia, who very well could be ranked in the top 25 next week. This won't be an easy game, especially the way we are playing.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:16 PM   #15
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 8, 2012

Awards

Our CB Matt Mason was named the Big 12 defensive player of the week, as well as the national player of the week last week. Against Iowa State he had 2 tackles, and forced a fumble and had 2 interceptions, contributing to 3 of the Cyclones' first half turnovers.

#1- Georgia (41 FPV)
#2- Michigan (20 FPV)
#3- Nebraska
#4- Texas
#5- Alabama
#6- LSU
#7- N.C. State
#8- Oregon
#9- Clemson
#10- Iowa
#12- Oklahoma
#14- Kansas State
#15- TCU

Some big surprises here, as Iowa moved up 11 spots to get into the top 10, we moved up a spot, and how ironic is it that TCU did the same thing we did, moved down to 15th after their loss. A little surprised Oklahoma State got bumped out of the rankings, but I guess the pollsters aren't convinced that Kansas is a much improved team.

Contract Feedback

47% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (2328 yards so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (13 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (9 TD rushes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (29 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (5 wins so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (2328 yards so far).

Game at West Virginia (3-3, 2-1)

We are favored in this one, although not as heavily as we have been in our last 2 games. They are averaging half a point more a game than us, and have a better pass offense and defense. Otherwise, we are better. It's just a matter of which team shows up for us, as we seem to be Jekyll and Hyde all of a sudden.

Injury Report

Kenny West was given a clean bill of health, and while Andy Malone has done a solid job taking his place, West is our guy, and he'll start against West Virginia

1st Quarter

We won the toss and deferred, getting a quick 3 and out. Our first possession saw us march downfield getting some huge runs, capped off with an 8 yard TD reception from West to Dustin Robinson. Zach Burns made the XP and we lead 7-0 quickly. That lead ended just as quickly though, as they ran back the ensuing kickoff 102 yards for a touchdown to tie the game at 7. Our next drive saw West leave the game with back spasms. Enter Malone, who came in and threw an interception. 2 plays later, a big touchdown pass gave them a 14-7 lead and all the momentum. We ended the quarter facing a 3rd and short.

1st Quarter Score: West Virginia- 14, #14 Kansas State- 7

2nd Quarter

This quarter absolutely belonged to us. We converted that 3rd and short and got down to the goal line, where I gave it to the big FB Shane Charles who rumbled in from half a yard out. Burns added the XP to tie it at 14. After we held them and they went for it on a 4th and 10 from near midfield, we took advantage as Malone found Courtney Daniels for a 48 yard TD pass. Burns added the XP to give us a 21-14 lead. We weren't done though, as the defense forced a fumble and we drove downfield and got a Burns 44 yard FG giving us a 24-14 halftime lead, all the momentum, and we get the ball back to start the second half.

Halftime Score: #14 Kansas State- 24, West Virginia- 14

3rd Quarter

Not much to talk about in this quarter, we did exactly what we wanted to do, keeping the ball on the ground, chewing up clock, mixing in the occasional short pass play. Only one problem, we couldn't score as Burns missed a 46 yard FG near the end of the quarter, giving them new life.

3rd Quarter Score: #14 Kansas State- 24, West Virginia- 14

4th Quarter

Our defense did a good job getting to 4th down on their first possession of the 2nd half, but they converted twice on 4th down and looked to be in position to score when they fumbled and we recovered on our own 3 yard line. Now we needed to get some breathing room, so back to the ground we went. Again, the feet of Malone saved us, as he ran for 2 first downs and we wasted all but 1 minute of the quarter before punting it away. With them needing 2 scores, they tried to hurry but couldn't get anything, and we left Morgantown with a huge win!

Final Score: #14 Kansas State- 24, West Virginia- 14

Final Stats

Passing

A. Malone (9-14-107-1-1)
K. West (2-2-16-1-0)

Rushing

E. Covington (19-106)
C. Deloach (10-59)
A. Malone (5-27)
K. West (1-20)
S. Charles (2-5-1)

Receiving

C. Daniels (2-64-1)
D. Robinson (4-45-1)
E. Covington (3-8)
P. Brown (1-8)
C. Deloach (1- -2) Deloach had -2 yards receiving.

Great to see Covington rush for over 100 yards. As a team we had over 200 yards rushing, and we dominated time of possession. I realize we didn't score in the 2nd half, but we kept the ball away from them so they couldn't score. Once again Malone did just enough to prove why he is a great back-up, the defense was dominant again, and we survived another road game. However, the toughest part of the schedule is yet to come. The good news is that we are now 6-1, which means we are bowl eligible.

Top 10 Scores

#1 Georgia- 24, Kentucky- 21
#2 Michigan- 41, Michigan State- 17
#3 Nebraska- 30, #13 Northwestern- 27 (OT)
#4 Texas- 38, Baylor- 17
Tennessee- 28, #5 Alabama- 14
#6 LSU- 31, Texas A&M- 28 (OT)
#7 N.C. State- 45, Maryland- 17
#8 Oregon- 40, Arizona State- 28
#9 Clemson- 30, Virginia Tech- 3
#10 Iowa- 35, Penn State- 19

The big upset of the top 10 this week was Alabama going down, other than that the top 10 defended their rankings. A couple big overtime games. Georgia survived, Michigan just looks dominant, as does Texas.

Other Big 12 Scores

#12 Oklahoma- 31, Kansas- 10
#15 TCU- 45, Texas Tech- 20
Oklahoma State- 17, Iowa State- 13

Next Week

We return home to face Texas Tech in what could be a shootout, as both teams have shown the ability to score quickly. We should be favored in this one, but again, the fans will be expecting a win, since last time we played in front of the home crowd, we were upset.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:53 AM   #16
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on the promotion/relegation that I had going. I have 2 questions to run by you, and I'm hoping I get some opinions.

Including the Independents, there are 12 conferences in NCAA Football 13. So I can either have 3 tiers of 4 conferences (1-4, 5-8, 9-12) or 4 tiers of 3 conferences (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12). Do you great readers have an opinion on that?

Also, as far as when the promotion/relegation actually happens, I've considered a few options. I can move 2 teams from each tier after every season, 3 teams from each tier every season, or 3 teams from each tier every other season. Opinions on that? Which option sounds the best?

The way it would work is say, the bottom 3 overall records of the tier 1 teams would be replaced with the top 3 overall records of the tier 2 teams, then tier 2 to tier 3, and so on. If there are multiples, conference record would be a tiebreaker, followed by point differential. This means that we might see all 3 teams being moved from the same conference, or 1 team each from the 3 conferences, or so on. If anybody is confused, I can give an example. I'm just getting some ideas on how exactly to work it, as I'm halfway through my first season. Thanks, and I hope people are enjoying it.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:46 PM   #17
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 9, 2012

Awards

For the 2nd straight week, we had a defensive player win the NCAA player and Big 12 Player of the Week. This time it was LE Andrew Ross, who had 2 tackles, including 1 for a loss, plus he forced 2 fumbles and recovered both. Impressive week, but I'd like to see an offensive player get an award.

#1- Georgia (34 FPV)
#2- Michigan (21 FPV)
#3- Nebraska (2 FPV)
#4- Texas (2 FPV)
#5- N.C. State (1 FPV)
#6- Iowa (1 FPV)
#7- LSU
#8- Oregon
#9- Clemson
#10- Wisconsin
#11- Oklahoma
#12- Kansas State
#13- TCU
#24- Oklahoma State

Nice to see so many teams getting FPV. Now, I pose a question for you guys, this is just the Coaches Poll. There are 2 other polls, the Media Poll, and the BCS Rankings. Would you like to see me list the top 10 plus ranked Big 12 teams in all 3 polls? Because I certainly can. I'm just looking for some feedback from you guys on how I can improve this, or what you'd like to see.

Contract Feedback

47% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

2800+ total offensive yards in one season. (2668 yards so far).
30+ passing TD in one season. (15 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (10 TD rushes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (28 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (6 wins so far).
3000+ total offensive yards each season. (2668 yards so far).

Game against Texas Tech (3-4, 0-4)

The Red Raiders are still looking for their first Big 12 win, and we certainly don't want to be the ones to give it to them. They are averaging more in total offense, passing offense, and passing defense, but we have the advantage in all the other categories. We are favored, but not by as much as you would think. If we can stop their passing attack, we should win this one easily. Oh, but the offense has to show up, and I think they will.

1st Quarter

They will receive the ball first, so it was up to our defense to get an early stop. And they did, allowing 1 first down, then getting a 3 and out. A good punt return got us the ball near midfield, and Kenny West used his legs to get us into FG range. The drive stalled though, and a Zach Burns FG gave us a 3-0 lead. It didn't take long for them to get going, as they marched downfield to take a 7-3 lead. We had another great drive going, this time through the air, but it was stopped in the red zone, and another Burns FG made it 7-6 in their favor. That's how the quarter would end.

1st Quarter Score: Texas Tech- 7, #12 Kansas State- 6

2nd Quarter

They drove towards the end zone again, but this time the defense picked up and we held them to a FG, as they led 10-6. Our next drive saw West throw an interception, and 3 plays later, they were ahead 17-6. We got a lot of help on our next possession, as they were called for personal foul penalties on 3 straight plays, basically putting us in the redzone. A.. call it 1 yard TD run from E.J. Covington and the Burns extra point had us back in the game at 17-13. Unfortunately we left them with about :50 on the clock. Would it be enough time for them to score? No it wouldn't, and with us getting the ball to start the 2nd half, Mr. Momentum was in our favor.

Halftime Score: Texas Tech- 17, #12 Kansas State- 13

3rd Quarter

We wasted almost half the 3rd quarter, but had to settle for a 26 yard Burns FG to make it 17-16, and needed our D to step up. They did, getting a 3 and out. With West injured yet again, Andy Malone stepped up and hit Dustin Robinson in stride for a 64 yard TD reception. Wanting to go up by 7, we went for 2, and a fantastic move on the 2 point conversion (didn't see who it was and it doesn't say on the scoring summary) got us a successful conversion, and we led 24-17 just like that. Another 3 and out for them, and we would start the 4th quarter with the ball and lead.

3rd Quarter Score: #12 Kansas State- 24, Texas Tech- 17

4th Quarter

We were able to run the clock down to just over 2 minutes in the game (remember, I'm now playing 6 minute quarters), before Burns connected on his 4th FG of the game, this one a 35 yarder to give us a 27-17 lead. They tried to drive downfield, but too many drops and incompletions really ran the clock down on them. On a 4th and goal, they got it in the end zone to cut the lead to 27-24. Knowing we would have to recover an onside kick, we put our hands team in. We did recover it, and a kneel later, we got a nice come from behind victory!

Final Score: #12 Kansas State- 27, Texas Tech- 24

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (10-14-123-0-1)
A. Malone (2-5-105-1-0)

Rushing

K. West (11-80)
E. Covington (11-37-1)
C. Deloach (7-29)
A. Malone (2-14)
S. Charles (2-5)

Receiving

D. Robinson (3-93-1)
E. Covington (3-49)
C. Deloach (2-37)
P. Brown (3-27)
J. Cummings (1-22)

Not your typical game, as our QBs accounted for 94 of our 165 rushing yards, and our running backs accounted for 86 of our 228 passing yards. Definitely an interesting game, and one that we don't win without West, who had 203 of our 393 total yards. Of course, this could have been a completely different story if we converted even half of those 4 field goals into touchdowns. That will be a key issue, getting better in the red zone. Thank goodness we have a heck of a kicker. Not a bad effort, but we're going to need more, as we still have a brutal schedule awaiting us.

Top 10 Scores

#1 Georgia- 32, Florida- 20
#3 Nebraska- 38, #2 Michigan- 35 (This was obviously the national game of the week).
#4 Texas- 38, Kansas- 17
#5 N.C. State- 41, North Carolina- 31
#6 Iowa- 34, #15 Northwestern- 24
#8 Oregon- 42, Colorado- 14
#9 Clemson- 31, Wake Forest- 18
Michigan State- 34, #10 Wisconsin- 27 (OT)

Big 12 Scores

#13 TCU- 49, #24 Oklahoma State- 35
Baylor- 21, Iowa State- 17
#11 Oklahoma- 33, #25 Notre Dame- 30 (OT)

Next Week

The first of 4 grueling games in a row begins next week, as we host an Oklahoma State team that will most likely be out of the rankings after their loss to TCU, so they'll be looking for redemption. Fortunately we have the home field advantage, but we already know how well the did for us against Kansas.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:01 PM   #18
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 10, 2012

I've decided to go ahead and create a little more work for myself by showing the top 10 of all 3 polls (Coaches, Media, BCS) as well as any other Big 12 teams in those polls. If it gets to be too much or too confusing, I'll just drop it back down to 1 poll.

Coaches Poll Top 10 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska (35 FPV)
#2- Georgia (22 FPV)
#3- Texas (2 FPV)
#4- N.C. State (1 FPV)
#5- Iowa (1 FPV)
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Oregon
#9- Clemson
#10- Oklahoma
#11- Kansas State
#12- TCU

Media Poll Top 10 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska (36 FPV)
#2- Georgia (26 FPV)
#3- Texas (1 FPV)
#4- N.C. State (1 FPV)
#5- Iowa (1 FPV)
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Clemson
#9- Oklahoma
#10- Kansas State
#11- TCU

BCS Top 10 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska
#2- Georgia
#3- Texas
#4- N.C. State
#5- Iowa
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Clemson
#9- Oklahoma
#10- Oregon
#11- TCU
#12- Kansas State

Contract Feedback

59% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

3000+ total offensive yards each season. (Passed 1st Season).
30+ passing TD in one season. (16 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (11 TD rushes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (28 PPG so far).
Win 8 games in one season. (7 wins so far).

Game vs. Oklahoma State (5-2, 2-2)

This is the first of 4 brutally tough games left on the schedule, and this might be the easiest one of the 4. This game is about as even as you can get as far as stats go. They have the edge in 5, we have the edge in 5, and we're tied in 1. We are slight favorites, and I mean very slight. ESPN has picked us to win. Here's hoping the defense shows up tonight.

1st Quarter

Both teams got just 1 possession in the quarter, as they started with the ball and took about 2 and a half minutes to drive down and score to take an early 7-0 lead. Then we got the ball, and after a few 3rd down conversions, on another 3rd and 1 we gave it to the big FB Shane Charles who punched it in from 1 yard out. The Zach Burns XP made it 7-7, and the Burns kickoff ended the quarter.

1st Quarter Score: (Just a note, the rankings I will use when reporting scores will be the rankings from the coaches poll, because that's what the game uses, but I'll still announce the top 10 plus other big 12 teams from each poll. #11 Kansas State- 7, Oklahoma State- 7

2nd Quarter

They wasted no time driving downfield on their next possession, but once they got in the red zone, a huge sack and offensive penalty backed them up. On 3rd and long, they couldn't get a first down, and had to settle for a FG to give them a 10-7 lead. We couldn't get anything going on our next possession and had to punt it away. Then we held them and got the ball back with 2 minutes to go. After getting it across midfield, the drive stalled, and the half ended with us trailing.

Halftime Score: Oklahoma State- 10, #11 Kansas State- 7

3rd Quarter

Thankfully, we got the ball to start the second half, and really need to put some points on the board here. And to make this one short and sweet, the defenses owned the quarter. Neither team could even get a first down until they started driving late in the quarter, putting us on our heels big time.

3rd Quarter Score: Oklahoma State- 10, #11 Kansas State- 7

4th Quarter

Thankfully, our defense picked it up to start the quarter, and held them to a FG, as we found ourselves down 13-7 and needing a TD here. We wasted all but a minute of the quarter and finally punched it in on a 4th and 4 from their 5 yard line, as Cory Deloach ran it in. Burns missed the XP to keep the game tied at 13, and it was up to our defense to get us to OT. They failed. The Cowboys used big plays to get downfield and score, giving them a 20-13 lead with 2 seconds to go. It was hailmary time for Kenny West, and he threw an interception, as our chances of playing in a BCS bowl went up in flames. mfing defense anyways! Play huge all game then fold when it matters most. Jackasses! I'm pissed right now.

Final Score: Oklahoma State- 20, #11 Kansas State- 13

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (16-24-136-0-1)

Rushing

C. Deloach (10-46-1)
E. Covington (8-30)
K. West (8-25)
S. Charles (3-3-1)

Receiving

C. Daniels (2-34)
P. Brown (4-32)
D. Robinson (3-29)
J. Cummings (1-12)
C. Deloach (1-11)
A. Daniels (1-9)
B. Montgomery (2-8)
S. Charles (1-2)
E. Covington (1- -1) Covington had -1 yards receiving.

ESPN just called to tell me that this made #2 on the gamerank chart. F you ESPN. Go F yourselves. It sucks that the defense let us down on the last possession of the game, but 13 points is absolutely unacceptable! It's amazing how far our offense has fallen since our upset win over Oklahoma. The running game was pathetic. Covington and Deloach should be combining for 150-200 yards a game easily. It's nice to see that West was able to find 9 different receivers, but he never once tried to go deep this game. Everything was short to mid range, and we already know he can go deep. As can Malone. On the bright side, I've found a play that I really like, that I'll be using more often, but as I said earlier, any hopes of playing in a BCS bowl are gone. Our best hope now is to sneak into the Cotton Bowl, and with 3 tough opponents still on the schedule, unless we can pull another upset, the Cotton Bowl is very unlikely.

Top 10 Scores

#1 Nebraska- 42, #22 Michigan State- 14
#2 Georgia- 45, Ole Miss- 10
#3 Texas- 24, Texas Tech- 21
#4 N.C. State- 42, Virginia- 21
#5 Iowa- 56, Indiana- 7
#6 Michigan- 45, Minnesota- 21
#7 LSU- 35, #14 Alabama- 21
#8 Oregon- 41, #18 USC- 38
#9 Clemson- 34, Duke- 10
#10 Oklahoma- 43, Iowa State- 10

Other Big 12 Scores

West Virginia- 24, #12 TCU- 17
Baylor- 51, Kansas- 20

Big 12 Standings

Once I get to Week 11 and on every season, I will start to post the Big 12 Standings, as things will really be shaping up and every game will become important for bowl implications. So here are the Big 12 Standings through Week 10, with conference record listed first, followed by overall record.

1- Texas (6-0, 9-0)
2- Kansas State (4-2, 7-2)
3- TCU (4-2, 7-2)
4- West Virginia (3-2, 4-4)
5- Oklahoma State (3-2, 6-2)
6- Oklahoma (3-2, 6-2)
7- Baylor (3-2, 5-3)
8- Kansas (1-5, 4-5)
9- Iowa State (1-5, 2-7)
10- Texas Tech (0-6, 3-6)

Next Week

We travel to TCU, who suffered an upset loss much like us. The winner will be all alone in 2nd place, the loser could drop down to as much as 8th in the Big 12 with such a log jam in the middle. This is not going to be an easy game at all.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 11-08-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #19
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 11, 2012

#1- Nebraska (36 FPV)
#2- Georgia (23 FPV)
#3- Texas (1 FPV)
#4- N.C. State (1 FPV)
#5- Iowa (1 FPV)
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Oregon
#9- Clemson
#10- Tulsa
#11- Oklahoma
#14- Kansas State
#18- TCU
#21- Oklahoma State

Media Poll Top 25 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska (37 FPV)
#2- Georgia (26 FPV)
#3- Texas (1 FPV)
#4- N.C. State (1 FPV)
#5- Iowa
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Clemson
#9- Oklahoma
#10- Oregon
#14- Kansas State
#16- TCU
#18- Oklahoma State

BCS Top 25 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska
#2- Georgia
#3- Texas
#4- N.C. State
#5- Iowa
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Clemson
#9- Oregon
#10- Oklahoma
#15- Kansas State
#17- TCU
#19- Oklahoma State

Contract Feedback

58% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

30+ passing TD in one season. (16 TD passes so far).
15+ rushing TD in one season. (13 TD rushes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (26 PPG so far).

Game at #18 TCU (7-2, 4-2)

Even though TCU leads every statistical category but total defense and rushing defense, ESPN still has us favored, on the road no less. Do they know something we don't know? That's crazy talk to have us favored, and all it's going to do is piss TCU off even more. Thanks ESPN, you sorry bitches.

1st Quarter

They won the toss and chose to defer, so we got the ball first. It was a quick 3 and out, but we forced them to a 3 and out too. Then we went 3 and out again, but their 2nd possession saw them march down and score to take a 7-0 lead. Our next possession saw Kenny West throw an interception, and it took them 1 play to find the end zone for a 14-0 lead. The quarter would end with us getting our first 1st down of the game.

1st Quarter Score: #18 TCU- 14, #14 Kansas State- 0

2nd Quarter

We got exactly what we needed on the possession as West found Patrick Brown for a 34 yard TD and the Zach Burns XP cut the lead to 14-7. After holding them, we got the ball back and another huge West past downfield got us in the redzone. E.J. Covington ran it in from 2 yards out and the Burns XP tied it at 14, and we ended the half with momentum on our side! Unfortunately, they would get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Halftime Score: #14 Kansas State- 14, #18 TCU- 14

3rd Quarter

Sadly, the defense failed again, as they got the lead back after a 28 yard TD pass, and we found ourselves down 21-14. They stopped us easily, but we returned the favor, and getting another chance to tie the game, we muffed the punt. They recovered and 3 plays later found the end zone and we found ourselves down 28-14. The quarter would end with us trying to find something, anything.

3rd Quarter Score: #18 TCU- 28, #14 Kansas State- 14

4th Quarter

We got the quarter started with West finding Jason Cummings for a 24 yard TD pass, and the Burns XP cutting it to 28-21. We got a break when they fumbled and we recovered, but 2 straight holding penalties killed the drive, and instead of going for it on 4th and 10, the head coach decided to try a FG. Burns missed a 40 yarder, they ran out the clock, and we suffered our 2nd straight heartbreaking loss. Stupid BS ass holding penalties and stupid coach! F this game.

Final Score: #18 TCU- 28, #14 Kansas State- 21

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (10-13-214-2-1)

Rushing

K. West (14-58)
E. Covington (11-24-1)
C. Deloach (5-13)
S. Charles (1-2)

Receiving

J. Cummings (5-112-1)
D. Robinson (1-56)
P. Brown (1-34-1)
C. Daniels (2-13)
S. Charles (1- -1)

What killed us again was a lack of a running game. The offensive line absolutely f'ing sucks right now, and when we can bust off a good run, it gets called back because of a mfing holding penalty. It's sad when West is our most effect runner right now, but he still scrambles way, way too much. I wish he would just stay in the pocket and throw the f'ing ball, because he is amazing when he just throws. Granted, he can produce some timely scrambles, but he tries far too often. Defense let us down, special teams let us down, this just isn't the same team that upset Oklahoma. By the time the season is over, we'll probably be fighting just to be in a bowl game. BS, I say. BS.

Top 10 Scores

#1 Nebraska- 45, Penn State- 14
#2 Georgia- 35, Auburn- 21
#3 Texas- 41, Iowa State- 0
#4 N.C. State- 41, Wake Forest- 21
#5 Iowa- 38, Purdue- 13
#6 Michigan- 42, #15 Northwestern- 14
#7 LSU- 13, Mississippi State- 7
#8 Oregon- 31, California- 14
#9 Clemson- 19, Maryland- 14
Houston- 27, #10 Tulsa- 24

Other Big 12 Scores

Kansas- 38, Texas Tech- 7
West Virginia- 35, #21 Oklahoma State- 19
#11 Oklahoma- 42, Baylor- 10

Nice! Kansas is 1 win away from being bowl eligible, and I hope they get it.

Big 12 Standings

1- Texas (7-0, 10-0)
2- TCU (5-2, 8-2)
3- Oklahoma (4-2, 7-2)
4- West Virginia (4-2, 5-4)
5- Kansas State (4-3, 7-3)
6- Oklahoma State (3-3, 6-3)
7- Baylor (3-3, 5-4)
8- Kansas (2-5, 5-5)
9- Iowa State (1-6, 2-8)
10- Texas Tech (0-7, 3-7)

Next Week

We travel to Baylor, who has fallen on hard times this season. They should be much better than their 5-4 record shows, or maybe not since they were just hammered by an Oklahoma team that we beat. Considering our final game is against Texas, this might be a better chance to get our 8th win of the season.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:10 AM   #20
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Tough times, but you guys will bounce back!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:09 AM   #21
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Thanks for following bbgunn, I think you are my biggest supporter on all my dynasties. lol, I was actually beginning to wonder if anybody was actually reading this or just looking at it.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:42 PM   #22
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 12, 2012

#1- Nebraska (38 FPV)
#2- Georgia (21 FPV)
#3- Texas (1 FPV)
#4- N.C. State (1 FPV)
#5- Iowa
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Oregon
#9- Clemson
#10- Oklahoma
#12- TCU
#15- Kansas State
#23- West Virginia

Media Poll Top 10 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska (44 FPV)
#2- Georgia (21 FPV)
#3- Texas
#4- N.C. State
#5- Iowa
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Clemson
#9- Oregon
#10- Oklahoma
#12- TCU
#18- Kansas State
#22- West Virginia

BCS Top 10 plus other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska
#2- Georgia
#3- Texas
#4- N.C. State
#5- Iowa
#6- Michigan
#7- LSU
#8- Clemson
#9- Oregon
#10- Oklahoma
#12- TCU
#17- Kansas State
#22- West Virginia

Contract Feedback

64% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

30+ passing TD in one season. (18 TD passes so far).

Game at Baylor (5-4, 3-3)

We have the lead in 7 of the 11 statistical categories, and ESPN has us as very slight favorites. I'm not so sure though, as Baylor should be a lot better than their record indicates, and we are really, really struggling. If we can get this win, then we can still have a slight chance at one of the top tier Big 12 bowls. A loss would certainly relegate us to a bowl that nobody cares about, as Texas awaits after this.

1st Quarter

Not much to talk about in this quarter. It was an inept display of offense. The teams combined for 6 first downs and 2 turnovers. We got into their half of the field once but E.J. Covington fumbled it, then got a 15 yard facemask to boot as they recovered it. We got a huge break though as they turned it over in our red zone, so we got the ball back to end the quarter, deep in our own territory.

1st Quarter Score: #15 Kansas State- 0, Baylor- 0

2nd Quarter

We went 3 and out on our possession, and they drove down, but we held them to a FG as they took a 3-0 lead. Our next possession was helped by several defensive penalties, and we finally got on the board, tying the game at 3 thanks to a Zach Burns 25 yard FG. Neither team did a darn thing the rest of the half.

Halftime Score: #15 Kansas State- 3, Baylor- 3

3rd Quarter

We would start with the ball, as we won the toss and deferred in the 1st half. And finally, finally, the offense woke up, as Kenny West found Dustin Robinson in stride for a 61 yard TD reception! The Burns XP gave us a 10-3 lead, and do you think our defense could stop them and keep the momentum in our favor? Hell f'in no! They drove right down the field and tied the game at 10. West was hot though, as we relied on his arm and his legs, with another big pass and a big run getting us in their red zone as the quarter ended.

3rd Quarter Score: #15 Kansas State- 10, Baylor- 10

4th Quarter

On 3rd and 6 to start the quarter, West missed getting a first down by inches, and we had to settle for a Burns 21 yard FG to put us up 13-10. We were able to hold them, and I put the ball in the hands of my 3 big backs, West, Covington, and big FB Shane Charles. It ultimately ended with a 9 yard Covington run, and the Burns XP got us a 20-10 lead with under a minute to go. With us getting the ball bac, one more time after a turnover, I got greedy, and it paid off. West found Courtney Daniels in the back of the end zone for a 26 yard TD reception as time expired, and a meaningless Burns XP gave us a 27-10 lead, and a much needed win!

Final Score: #15 Kansas State- 27, Baylor- 10

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (10-14-170-2-0)

Rushing

K. West (9-70)
E. Covington (15-64-1)
C. Deloach (5-15)
S. Charles (2-15)
D. Harrison (2-10)

Receiving

D. Robinson (3-67-1)
P. Brown (1-44)
C. Daniels (2-40-1)
E. Covington (2-13)
D. Harrison (1-4)
S. Charles (1-2)

2 things are for sure.. I am the most hated man in Waco, TX right now, and I've earned a reprimand from the Big 12 (I decided to add a little bit of storyline to this, as this game really doesn't have any kind of suspensions or anything). Apparently, running up the score when the game is over is now frowned upon in the Big 12, and having West throw for that last second TD pass ignited a brawl after the game. I make no apologies, I mean people, my job is on the line if we don't score a certain number of points per season. We were over 30 points a game, but it had been rapidly declining, and 13 points wasn't enough. Ok, so technically, I could have had West kneel late in the game instead of letting Covington run it in, and we could have taken the 13-10 victory. In real life, what I did would have been construed as very poor sportsmanship and probably would have sparked a brawl, so I decided to incorporate that into the game.

Now that that's out of the way, after some discussion, I will be allowed on the sidelines for the game against Texas. No suspension, just a heavy scolding. Oh well, whatever. I'm glad the offense came to life in the 2nd half. I sure wish we could have had 1 of those touchdowns in our last 2 losses. Once again, West dominated once he got going. Man I'm going to miss him. The running game, other than when West takes off (which I still think he does way too much, but I guess that's what scrambling QBs do) is pretty inept. The offensive line is hit and miss, but they did great in the 2nd half, and we got our 8th win. I'm happy, no matter what happens in our final regular season game.

Top 10 Scores

#1 Nebraska- 30, Minnesota- 0
#2 Georgia- 66, FCS Southeast- 3
#4 N.C. State- 28, #9 Clemson- 21
#6 Michigan- 49, #5 Iowa- 28
#7 LSU- 26, Ole Miss- 21
Stanford- 35, #8 Oregon- 29
#10 Oklahoma- 31, #23 West Virginia- 6

Other Big 12 Scores

Iowa State- 23, Kansas- 17 (OT) Wow! There went KU's chance to get bowl eligible.
Texas Tech- 17, Oklahoma State- 13

Big 12 Standings

1- Texas (7-0, 10-0)
2- Oklahoma (5-2, 8-2)
3- TCU (5-2, 8-2)
4- Kansas State (5-3, 8-3)
5- West Virginia (4-3, 5-5)
6- Oklahoma State (3-4, 6-4)
7- Baylor (3-4, 5-5)
8- Iowa State (2-6, 3-8)
9- Kansas (2-6, 5-6)
10- Texas Tech (1-7, 4-7)

Next Week

We get a bye, and an extra week to prepare for Texas.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #23
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 13, 2012

Coaches Poll Top 10 plus Other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska (39 FPV)
#2- N.C. State (21 FPV)
#3- Georgia (1 FPV)
#4- Texas
#5- Michigan
#6- LSU
#7- Oklahoma
#8- Iowa
#9- Wisconsin
#10- TCU
#14- Kansas State

Media Poll Top 10 plus Other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska (41 FPV)
#2- N.C. State (22 FPV)
#3- Georgia (1 FPV)
#4- Texas (1 FPV)
#5- Michigan
#6- LSU
#7- Oklahoma
#8- Iowa
#9- Wisconsin
#10- TCU
#16- Kansas State

BCS Top 10 plus Other Big 12 Teams

#1- Nebraska
#2- N.C. State
#3- Georgia
#4- Texas
#5- Michigan
#6- LSU
#7- Oklahoma
#8- Iowa
#9- Wisconsin
#10- TCU
#15- Kansas State

Contract Feedback

69% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

30+ passing TD in one season. (20 TD passes so far).

Big 12 Bowl Projections

The first Bowl Projections are out, and let's take a look at where the Big 12 teams stand. The games are in order of date to be played, not in order of importance.

Oklahoma State- Holiday Bowl vs. USC
Kansas State- Alamo Bowl vs. Utah
West Virginia- Insight Bowl vs. Ohio State
Baylor- Meineke Car Care Bowl vs. Northwestern
Oklahoma- Sugar Bowl vs. Georgia
Texas- Fiesta Bowl vs. Tulsa
TCU- Cotton Bowl vs. Florida

With the bye week, let's jump right into some scores.

Top 10 Scores

#8 Iowa- 40, #1 Nebraska- 23
#2 N.C. State- 38, Boston College- 16
#3 Georgia- 20, #17 Georgia Tech- 16
#10 TCU- 26, #4 Texas- 14
#5 Michigan- 34, #22 Ohio State- 20
#6 LSU- 31, #12 Arkansas- 26
#7 Oklahoma- 45, Oklahoma State- 14
#9 Wisconsin- 35, Penn State- 31

Other Big 12 Scores

Texas Tech- 38, Baylor- 17
West Virginia- 17, Iowa State- 14

Big 12 Standings

1- Texas (7-1, 10-1)
2- TCU (6-2, 9-2)
3- Oklahoma (6-2, 9-2)
4- Kansas State (5-3, 8-3)
5- West Virginia (5-3, 6-5)
6- Oklahoma State (3-5, 6-5)
7- Baylor (3-5, 5-6)
8- Kansas (2-6, 5-6)
9- Iowa State (2-7, 3-9)
10- Texas Tech (2-7, 5-7)

There's no way we can win the Big 12, depending on next weeks games, we'll finish anywhere between 2nd and 5th. Speaking of next week:

Next Week

We face Texas, who will be hellbent on blowing us out after suffering their first loss of the season this week. We'd better bring our A game.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #24
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Week 14, 2012

Coaches Top 10 plus Other Ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- N.C. State (34 FPV)
#2- Georgia (27 FPV)
#3- Michigan
#4- LSU
#5- Iowa
#6- Nebraska
#7- Oklahoma
#8- TCU
#9- Wisconsin
#10- Texas
#12- Kansas State

Media Top 10 plus Other Ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- N.C. State (37 FPV)
#2- Georgia (28 FPV)
#3- Iowa
#4- TCU
#5- Michigan
#6- LSU
#7- Nebraska
#8- Oklahoma
#9- Wisconsin
#10- Texas
#13- Kansas State

BCS Top 10 plus Other Ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- N.C. State
#2- Georgia
#3- Michigan
#4- Iowa
#5- LSU
#6- TCU
#7- Nebraska
#8- Oklahoma
#9- Wisconsin
#10- Texas
#13- Kansas State

Contract Feedback

69% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

30+ passing TD in one season. (20 TD passes so far).

Big 12 Bowl Projections

Oklahoma State- Holiday Bowl vs. USC
TCU- Sugar Bowl vs. LSU
Texas- Fiesta Bowl vs. Cincinnati
Oklahoma- Cotton Bowl vs. Alabama

Game vs. #10 Texas (10-1, 7-1)

Even though Texas has us beat in 9 of the 11 categories, for some reason ESPN has us favored to win. Gotta be because we're at home. Believe me though, Texas will be gunning to avenge last weeks loss, and they'll look to take it out on us. Offensively we are supposed to be the better team, so we'll hope the offense is on point today.

1st Quarter

It's snowing in Manhattan today! This will be the first time we've had to play under adverse weather conditions. We won the toss and deferred, and it didn't take them long to get on the board, as they marched downfield for a 7-0 lead. Our first possession resulted in a 3 and out, and they wasted no time again scoring and taking very little time off the clock, now leading 14-0. We struck back though, on 2 plays. First a 74 yard pass from Kenny West to Dustin Robinson, then a HB toss to Cory Deloach from 1 yard out, and he found the end zone! The Zach Burns XP made it 14-7, and we got a break on their next possession as they fumbled, and we got the ball at their 45 yard line. The quarter would end with us facing a 3rd and 7 from just inside their 20.

1st Quarter Score: #10 Texas- 14, #12 Kansas State- 7

2nd Quarter

So on 3rd and 7, West got sacked, and Burns missed a 38 yard FG attempt. Wasted possession. Fortunately, they went 3 and out, and our next drive was the Kenny West show, as he ran for 3 first downs, then found Dustin Robinson for a 17 yard TD. Burns got the XP to tie it at 14. They drove deep into our territory on their next possession, but on 3rd and 1 from inside our 5 yard line, we stuffed their running back for a 3 yard loss getting the ball back on downs. A couple first downs later, we were in their territory, getting it inside their 20 again, but Burns missed a 36 yard FG!! This is where I wish I could make the decision on 4th downs, I would not have Burns kicking field goals of more than 30 yards. Even XP attempts are tough in a game like this. That pretty much ended the half, but at least we get the ball to start the 2nd half.

Halftime Score: #10 Texas- 14, #12 Kansas State- 14

3rd Quarter

Our first possession of the 2nd half was terrible, as West threw an interception to give them good field position. Our defense let us down, as they had Texas on 3rd and long twice but let them get out of it, the 2nd one giving them a touchdown and a 21-14 lead. We got a huge break on our next possession as a generous spot gave us a first down at midfield, a play I'm shocked wasn't challenged. It didn't matter though, as West threw another pick, this one deep in their territory. It would be as good as a punt though, if our defense could keep them pinned. They did, getting a 3 and out, and we would start the 4th quarter with a 2nd and long.

3rd Quarter Score: #10 Texas- 21, #12 Kansas State- 14

4th Quarter

After a holding penalty wiped out a huge play, we ended up having to punt it away. Fortunately, we forced a 3 and out and got the ball back. On 4th and 4 from midfield, coach gave us the go ahead to go for it. West just missed another long pass completion as the ball bounced off a diving Robinsons fingertips, so they took over at midfield, and of course drove down to make it a 28-14 game. We weren't done yet, as West had another long pass in him, getting us in the red zone, and eventually E.J. Covington ran it in from 5 yards out. The Burns XP made it 28-21. They recovered the onside kick, and again, we couldn't get a stop on 3rd down, as we had a chance twice. They were able to run out the clock, and we lost a game that quite frankly, we should have won.

Final Score: #10 Texas- 28, #12 Kansas State- 21

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (11-16-242-1-2)

Rushing

K. West (12-83)
E. Covington (9-20-1)
C. Deloach (6-13-1)

Receiving

C. Daniels (3-105)
D. Robinson (3-97-1)
P. Brown (3-32)
C. Deloach (1-5)
E. Covington (1-3)

Man, I wish we could get a running game going again. Other than West, our running game has largely been ineffective the last few games. Can't be mad at the 2 picks West threw, as we got a 3 and out off one of them, and the second one the defense let us down on a couple 3rd and longs. After all, West did account for 305 of our 358 total yards. 2 missed field goals that would have normally been chip shots for Brown, plus a lack of defense in the 1st Quarter really hurt us. It would have been a lot worse without West, I just wish someone would step up and help him about in the running game. Well, it's off to a bowl game now, where we'll have another chance at a 9 win season.

Top 10 Scores

#7 Oklahoma- 35, #8 TCU- 10

Light schedule this week as the only 2 top 25 games were Big 12 games.

Big 12 Scores

Kansas- 45, West Virginia- 38 (Kansas is bowl eligible! YES!!)
Oklahoma State- 30, Baylor- 29

Final Big 12 Standings

1- Texas (8-1, 11-1)
2- Oklahoma (7-2, 10-2)
3- TCU (6-3, 9-3)
4- Kansas State (5-4, 8-4)
5- West Virginia (5-4, 6-6)
6- Oklahoma State (4-5, 7-5)
7- Baylor (3-6, 5-7)
8- Kansas (3-6, 6-6)
9- Iowa State (2-7, 3-9)
10- Texas Tech (2-7, 5-7)

7 bowl eligible teams, we'll see if West Virginia and Kansas get bids at 6-6.

Next Week

There are still conference championship games to be played. The Big 12 has the week off, but some of the conference champions could still have bowl implications as far as Big 12 opponents.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:13 PM   #25
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Always painful to lose to Texas.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:24 PM   #26
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Always painful to lose to Texas.

Just wanted to say I appreciate you following my dynasties and participating and commenting on this dynasty and all my dynasties. I think you're my biggest supporter.

And yes, I thought my guys had that Texas game. Very frustrating
Old 12-06-2015, 08:07 PM   #27
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

OK guys, I've finally decided on how I'm going to handle the promotion/relegation.

I have broken the 12 conferences into 4 tiers (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12).

2 conference winners in each of tiers 2, 3, and 4 will be promoted to the next tier. This does mean 1 conference winner gets left out. The way this will be decided will be as follows: conference record, followed by overall record combined with opponents record (I can't see rewarding, for instance a 9-3 conference champion that played 2 winless teams over an 8-4 conference champion that played teams that all had a winning record), unless someone comes up with a better idea. If there is still a tie to be decided, it will be determined by if a conference winner won their bowl game or not.

As far as relegation goes, 2 teams from tiers 1, 2, and 3 will be relegated. Now.. this is where it gets tricky. It's very possibly that the 2 teams that get relegated can be from the same conference. Not likely that this will happen often, but if a tier 1 conference has a winless team and a 1 win team, it's a possibility. I will try to match it up so that the team with the worst record in tier 1 gets replaced by the team with the best record in tier 2, and so on. If I'm confusing anybody, please let me know, I've tried to simplify it as much as possible.

The teams in each tier are as follows (This was taken straight from the 2012-2013 conference rankings from realtimerpi.com as of Jan. 8, 2013)

Tier 1- SEC, Big 12, Pac 12 (That means that K-State has no chance to be promoted, unless they happen to get demoted and then win promotion again).
Tier 2- Big 10, Big East, ACC
Tier 3- WAC, Independents, Mountain West
Tier 4- MAC, Sun Belt, Conference USA

In the case of the Independents, since those teams hardly ever all play each other, I've got no choice but to take the best overall record as the conference champion here, but I will be looking to see if any of the independent teams played each other, and basing a decision off that if necessary.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 12-06-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:48 PM   #28
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Conference Championship Week, 2012

Coaches Top 10 plus other Ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- N.C. State (37 FPV)
#2- Georgia (24 FPV)
#3- Michigan
#4- LSU
#5- Oklahoma
#6- Iowa
#7- Nebraska
#8- Texas
#9- Wisconsin
#10- Tulsa
#14- TCU
#23- Kansas State

Wow, the pollsters were brutal to us this week.

Media Top 10 plus other Ranked Big 12 Teams

#1- N.C. State- (38 FPV)
#2- Georgia (27 FPV)
#3- Oklahoma
#4- Iowa
#5- Michigan
#6- LSU
#7- Nebraska
#8- Wisconsin
#9- Texas
#10- Tulsa
#13- TCU
#24- Kansas State

#1- N.C. State
#2- Georgia
#3- Oklahoma
#4- Michigan
#5- Iowa
#6- LSU
#7- Nebraska
#8- Texas
#9- Wisconsin
#10- Tulsa
#12- TCU
#24- Kansas State

Contract Feedback

69% Job Security

Completed Goals
Goals in Progress

30+ passing TD in one season. (21 TD passes so far).
21+ points per game in each season. (25 PPG so far).

Big 12 Bowl Projections

Oklahoma State- Holiday Bowl vs. Washington
Kansas- Meineke Car Care Bowl vs. Northwestern
Oklahoma- Orange Bowl vs. Houston
Texas- Fiesta Bowl vs. UConn
TCU- Cotton Bowl vs. Alabama

With a light schedule (only 6 conference championship games), there won't be much in the way of Top 10 games, but there are a couple.

Top 10 Scores

#17 Georgia Tech- 20, #1 N.C. State- 17
#4 LSU- 34, #2- Georgia- 14
#6 Iowa- 37, #9 Wisconsin- 17

Unbelievable! Both undefeated and top 2 teams lose in their conference championships. It'll be very interesting to see how the national championship game shakes up now.

Conference Champions by Tier

Tier 1

SEC- LSU
Big 12- Texas
Pac 12- Utah

Tier 2

Big 10- Iowa
Big East- UConn
ACC- Georgia Tech

Tier 3

WAC- LA Tech
Independents- Notre Dame (2-0 against other Indy teams, only 4 Indy teams).
Mountain West- Nevada

Tier 4

MAC- Miami U
Sun Belt- FIU
Conference USA- UCF

Big 12 Bowl Assignments

Oklahoma State- Holiday Bowl vs. Washington
Kansas State- Alamo Bowl vs. Oregon
Kansas- Meineke Car Care Bowl vs. Northwestern
Oklahoma- Rose Bowl vs. Utah
Texas- Fiesta Bowl vs. Notre Dame
TCU- Cotton Bowl vs. Tennessee

BCS Bowl Games

Rose- Oklahoma vs. Utah
Fiesta- Texas vs. Notre Dame
Sugar- Michigan vs. N.C. State
Orange- Georgia Tech vs. UConn
BCS National Championship- Iowa vs. LSU

Only fitting that the 2 teams that beat the top 2 ranked teams in conference championship games are playing for the National Title.

Last edited by collegesportsfanms : 12-30-2015 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:16 PM   #29
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Bowl Weeks, 2012

To save some typing, I have decided to just show the BCS rankings, since that is what the game uses as far as scores and stuff go. Before the BCS rankings appear, I'll have to see what game the rankings use. I figure there's no sense in giving multiple rankings every week when there isn't a lot of difference usually.

#1- LSU
#2- Iowa
#3- Michigan
#4- Oklahoma
#5- N.C. State
#6- Georgia
#7- Nebraska
#8- Texas
#9- Georgia Tech
#10- Tulsa
#11- TCU
#24- Kansas State

No change in Contract Feedback so I'm not going to worry about that right now.

Alamo Bowl vs. #21 Oregon

This is not going to be an easy game to end the season. Oregon is rated higher in 8 of the 11 categories, but for some reason ESPN has us favored to win. Or should I say, predicting us to win. I really wish they'd stop doing that. Every time they pick us to win as the underdogs, we always lose. Oh well, let's get to it.

1st Quarter

They started with the ball and after both teams traded 3 and outs, we stopped them on a huge 4th and 1, getting the ball near midfield. It took us a while to get going, but Kenny West connected with Jason Cummings for a 14 yard TD pass, and Zach Burns kicked the PAT to give us a 7-0 lead. We forced another 3 and out, but got the ball back deep in our territory. 2 holding penalties pushed as back inside our own 10, but a huge boost of momentum to end the quarter as Cory Deloach busted off an 18 yard run to turn a 1st and 21 into a 2nd and 3, as the quarter ended.

1st Quarter Score: #24 Kansas State- 7, #21 Oregon- 0

2nd Quarter

We were able to get one first down on the drive, but that's it and had to punt it away. After another 3 and out, Cory Deloach found some room on the ground, running for a lot of yards on the possession, and finishing it off with a 12 yard TD run. Burns made the PAT to give us a 14-0 lead. They finally found the end zone on their next possession, cutting the lead to 14-7. We had about 1:15 to get in FG range, and we did so, as Burns hit a 42 yard FG to give us a 17-7 lead and a lot of momentum going into the locker room.

Halftime Score: #24 Kansas State- 17, #21 Oregon- 7

3rd Quarter

Very uneventful quarter, as neither team did a thing. We did end the quarter driving downfield though, so the momentum is still in our favor.

3rd Quarter Score: #24 Kansas State- 17, #21 Oregon- 7

4th Quarter

We were unable to get any points on the drive, and they came down and scored to make it 17-14. We were able to get a couple first downs, but I wanted more points, so I pushed the issue. I inserted E.J. Covington and Andy Malone into the game to get them some touches, but we couldn't get it in the end zone, instead settling for a 38 yard Burns FG to end the game as Alamo Bowl champs!!

Final Score: #24 Kansas State- 20, #21 Oregon- 14

Final Stats

Passing

K. West (8-11-98-1-0)
A. Malone (1-3-11-0-0)

Rushing

C. Deloach (17-128-1)
K. West (10-42)
E. Covington (3-12)
C. Daniels (1-8)
S. Charles (2-2)
A. Malone (1- -4)

Receiving

J. Cummings (3-44-1)
C. Daniels (3-41)
D. Robinson (1-22)
P. Brown (2-2)

I'm very pleased we were able to get some yards on the ground from someone other than West. Deloach finished off his K-State career in style, West had a great game, and Malone got in for the first time in a few games. I really wish we could have kept the offensive momentum going in the 2nd half, and I'm not happy that we had 7 holding penalties that negated some big plays. That is unacceptable! Nevertheless, we got a win, and we finish the season off on a great note. I'm a little nervous about next year because we lose both West and Malone, but we'll see what the future holds.

Top 10 Scores

#2 Iowa- 18, #1 LSU- 17 (BCS National Championship)
#3 Michigan- 45, #5 N.C. State- 17 (Sugar Bowl)
#4 Oklahoma- 24, #16 Utah- 21 (OT) (Rose Bowl)
#6 Georgia- 24, #7 Nebraska- 22
#8 Texas- 30, #13 Notre Dame- 10 (Fiesta Bowl)
#9 Georgia Tech- 28, UConn- 7 (Orange Bowl)
Louisville- 31, #10 Tulsa- 24

Other Big 12 Scores

Washington- 38, Oklahoma State- 36
Ohio State- 31, West Virginia- 28
Northwestern- 59, Kansas- 30
#11 TCU- 35, Tennessee- 14

And that concludes the 2012 season, next post will deal with offseason news and notes.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:38 PM   #30
bbgunn
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegesportsfanms View Post
Just wanted to say I appreciate you following my dynasties and participating and commenting on this dynasty and all my dynasties. I think you're my biggest supporter.
I'm a supporter of interesting dynasties, of which this is one.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:22 AM   #31
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

2012 Season Recap

Departing Players

We lose 26 players this season, and I'm not going to take the time to type them all out unless you really want to know. If this was a basketball game, it would be easier, as at most I might lose 6 or 7. 26 is too many though. Some of the key players I'm losing to graduation are Kenny West, Andy Malone, Dustin Robinson, Courtney Daniels. All but 1 are graduating, 1 is transferring out, but he wouldn't have got much PT anyways.

Draft Results

Only 3 of our players were drafted:

LG Jonathan Grimes (2nd round)
WR Dustin Robinson (3rd round)
QB Kenny West (4th round)

We definitely want more guys than that drafted every year, so recruiting better talent is necessary.

Recruiting Class

As I am leaving recruiting up to the CPU, and I plan on analyzing the offensive side of the roster, I again won't list every person we recruited (a normal recruting class in this game is 25). However, our class ranked 5th in the nation. We signed the max 25 players.

Here is a list of players we signed by star ranking

5 stars- none
4 stars- 13
3 stars- 9
2 stars- 3
1 star- none

Some of these players may be cut and/or redshirted. The great thing about this dynasty is I can make my own rules, so I've decided that while I don't have the ability to do the recruiting, I will be in charge of cutting/redshirting players on the offensive side of the ball.

Conference Realignment

Here is what I have come up with for conference realignment. Remember, 2 teams each from tiers 1, 2, and 3 will be demoted, while 2 teams each from tiers 2, 3, and 4 will be promoted.

Tier 1 demotions

Colorado, Mississippi State

Tier 2 Promotions

Iowa, Georgia Tech

Tier 1/2 changes

Iowa will move from the Big 10 to the Pac 12, Colorado moves from the Pac 12 to the Big 10.
Georgia Tech moves from the ACC to the SEC, Miss St. from SEC to ACC.

Tier 2 Demotions

Minnesota, Indiana (The Big 10 was bad this year at the bottom, neither team won a conference game.)

Tier 3 Promotions

Notre Dame, Nevada

Tier 2/3 Changes

Notre Dame goes from Independents to Big 10, Indiana will be Independent next season.
Nevada goes from Mountain West to Big 10, Minnesota goes from Big 10 to Mountain West.

Tier 3 Demotions

New Mexico State, UNLV

Tier 4 Promotions

FIU, UCF

Tier 3/4 Changes

New Mexico State goes from WAC to Sun Belt. FIU goes from Sun Belt to WAC.
UNLV goes from Mountain West to Conference USA. UCF goes from Conference USA to Mountain West.

No schools leaving or joining the Big 12 this season.

Season 2 will get underway next week sometime, where I'll have an analysis of the roster on the offensive side of the ball, plus a look at the schedule.