Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2000, 10:16 PM   #1
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Post Cincinnati Dynasty

Please note this is on 5th Av. not Wall St.

I definitely have noticed how much better this game is at toning down the upsets. I built an incredible dynasty with Cincinnati on the fantasy draft mode.
I ended up with QB-Bledsoe and receivers Freeman, Jimmy Smith, and Crowell to throw to in my offense. I had to settle on a collection of RBs, but I had a solid defense and had a successful nine year run.
2000: 13-3 regular season and won the Super Bowl
2001: 11-5 and lost in the AFC semifinals
2002: 11-5 and lost AFC Wildcard.
2003: (after adding some depth at DT in Derek Long, a 95 in Run D, but 15 in Pass Rush...kind of a Siragusa type of player. Long and my other DT Patterson ended up forming the best run d in the league.
15-1 and won Super Bowl
2004: 14-2 Lost AFC Final
2005: 15-1 Won Super Bowl
2006: 16-0 Won Super Bowl (Ironically beating Miami in the AFC Final)
2007: 12-4 Won Super Bowl
2008: 12-4 Lost Super Bowl
Bledsoe is still around, but his successor is Freddie Ellison and he lead the team in 2008. Bledsoe set league passing records in 2005 with 5400yds and 49 TDs. Basically, the team I built was amazing and fun to play, but I left and went to expansion Columbia, Missouri and helped shape the Cougars.
Since then, it's been neat to see my old dynasty live on while I struggle up the standings.
2009: 4-12 after my number one pick QB-Bruce Coffey was a flop.
2010: 7-9. 1st pick QB-Winston Kerr was another flop but I was wise enough to sign a 6 year free agent just in case since I had the cap room being in only my 2nd year.
Meanwhile, Cincinnati has won the Super Bowl both years since I have left and are 6-0 this year so far.
I was skeptical about this game at first, but it has grown on me. I already know my success at Columbia will be alot harder earned, if I achieve it at all with my constant waste of draft picks....not to mention the looming cap restrictions from those huge contracts. Still, this game is awesome.

ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2000, 10:28 PM   #2
Blade6119
Coordinator

hey colt whats up?....anyway i would highly like it if you talked about the drafts for these seasons and camp busts or break-outs....

Colt (my real name)
Rams fan for life!!!!!!
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2000, 10:09 PM   #3
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Sure, I definitely had my far share of each. The most notable ones have come since I took over the Columbia franchise.
I took over the franchise before the 2009 season when they were an expansion team. I used my first pick on QB-Bruce Coffey out of Syracuse. He could scramble and had some rather high ratings in the 80s. But after camp, he was 0 on 1 on many things and I promptly cut him and took the hit because I was $50 million under since I had just started. No big surprises that year.
I went 4-12 behind a bunch of journeymen QBs and got the 1st pick again.
In 2010, I used it on Winston Kerr. Not rated as highly, but he looked solid. As insurance, I went out and signed 5th year man Alvin Terrell to help show Kerr the hopes. Good thing too considering Kerr fell off to after camp and was about worthless. I kept him around till 2011 to spread out my cap hit. But I did at least get one ray of hope in that draft. In the 7th round I took CB-Quinn Thomas. In his 4th year his lowest rating is 86 in run d with 97 in man to man, 98 in zone d and 100 in interceptions. He had 17 picks in his first 3 years. A great CB and I've managed to get 10-6 records in 2011 and 2012, although cap is starting to crunch me.
With Cincinnati I did have a bust at all. In fact, the QB I took in the 1st round as the heir to Bledsoe actually went from 60s to 70s after camp. I had solid picks at DT, getting two that ended up in the 90s in run D, and boosting the defense. Most of my offense was already established although I had a great WR, Donovan Garner, from the 21st pick overall that turned out better than the 3 selected that year ahead of him.
Overall, my big QB busts are catching up to me and it'll take some time to build something consistent at Columbia.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote