Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #51
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure which way lungs' leans. I don't really keep track of everyone. I just thought the initial comment was not accurate historically speaking.

Look at the Unibomber. Or the Weather Underground. Or any of a number of leftist terrorist organizations in other countries (yes they fall under "foreigners").

That being said, no doubt it was true "here and now" and I didn't intend for this to come out after him like this. After all, his dairy farm is my refuge when society falls apart.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 05-04-2010 at 09:24 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Lungs isn't extreme enough. He swayed from the lockstep and has now been banished from the left forever. The University of Berkeley has ordered the word "racist" be branded to lungs forehead immediately upon apprehension.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:25 AM   #53
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I don't really see how you can prevent a car bomb in Times Square. The only way to prevent one on public streets is to catch the perpetrator while they are planning the attack.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #54
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
That being said, no doubt it was true "here and now" and I didn't intend for this to come out after him like this. After all, his dairy farm is my refuge when society falls apart.

Don't kid yourself. If society falls apart, you and lungs will be living here in the midwest reducing my winery stock one bottle at a time. Milk will be the last thing on your mind.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #55
molson
General Manager

I would argue that the Democratic party has produced plenty of bombs. Anyone around for the 2004 presidential campaign knows that the Democrats can bomb as well as anyone.

Last edited by molson : 05-04-2010 at 09:32 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:41 AM   #56
Khorium
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I would argue that the Democratic party has produced plenty of bombs. Anyone around for the 2004 presidential campaign knows that the Democrats can bomb as well as anyone.

That wasn't even their finest hour.

Khorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #57
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I found lungs' initial comment to be partisan as well, and another example of a backhanded way of putting down those on the left, by implying they were not intelligent enough to build a competent explosive device.

Well for crying out loud, I can't even put down my own side these days.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM   #58
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

This may be the dumbest political argument I've seen on this site, and that's saying something.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #59
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
This may be the dumbest political argument I've seen on this site, and that's saying something.

Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #60
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post

Woah, woah, my CHECK FORUM light just turned on.

**taps screen**

Nope, still there.

I'll ping forum mod's immediately and see if we can't get the software updated immediately, I'll bet it's a bug in the FORUM PARTISAN LOGIC code.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #61
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Don't kid yourself. If society falls apart, you and lungs will be living here in the midwest reducing my winery stock one bottle at a time. Milk will be the last thing on your mind.

Really? I'm invited? Yayy!!

I still want to try some of that wine once you get it up and going!
Old 05-04-2010, 10:12 AM   #62
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

well played sir
Old 05-04-2010, 10:13 AM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Well for crying out loud, I can't even put down my own side these days.

Awww - I'm sorry if it came off kinda snipey lungs. I think I was a little cranky this morning.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I'll bet it's a bug in the FORUM PARTISAN LOGIC code.

That can't be the problem. We both know there's no logic code that runs on the left.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #65
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Please, we all know the right is running 8-bit code in a 64-bit generation... "Update! Why should we! 640K was good enough for us, it should be good enough for you too! All you fancy-pants foreign coders don't know the meaning of thrift or hard work!"

edit:

Last edited by SirFozzie : 05-04-2010 at 10:31 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:43 AM   #66
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So they've caught the guy, a Pakistani born American citizen. The amusing thing is Glenn Beck and John McCain are arguing about Miranda rights for the guy. Even more amusing is that Beck is making the sensible argument, saying that he's an American citizen so of course he should have his rights read. McCain apparently wants some new standard based on how much information you can get out of the guy.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:55 AM   #67
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Glenn Beck is the voice of reason??

I never thought I'd see the day!!
Old 05-04-2010, 11:07 AM   #68
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Wait.. this is just the introduction to the opposites, isn't it? (YCDTOTV reference ftw!)
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #69
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post

No terrorist organization worth worrying about would come up with a bomb design like this.
I don't know about that, they are the ones that have designed the failed shoelace and underwear bombs....
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #70
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure which way lungs' leans. I don't really keep track of everyone. I just thought the initial comment was not accurate historically speaking.

Look at the Unibomber. Or the Weather Underground. Or any of a number of leftist terrorist organizations in other countries (yes they fall under "foreigners").

I honestly thought Lungs was just being sarcastic...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #71
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

So, I guess they caught this guy just as he was about to leave the U.S. Could you imagine how he must have felt? I am sure he was sweating bullets until he finally got on the plane and the doors closed. He must have been feeling pretty good as the plane backed away from the gate, only then to be caught. Quite a roller-coaster ride for this asshole.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 12:02 PM   #72
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Awww - I'm sorry if it came off kinda snipey lungs. I think I was a little cranky this morning.

You're from Massachusetts, I'd think something was wrong if you weren't snipey.

And allow me to clarify, the only thing I wasn't sarcastic about was that whoever built this bomb was an absolute dope that didn't know what they were doing.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 PM   #73
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I don't know about that, they are the ones that have designed the failed shoelace and underwear bombs....

That's true. Which begs the question... If this is the best they can come up with, maybe we are doing something right?

Of course that sort of complacent attitude would just lead to another 9/11.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #74
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post

There must be an ACME Terrorist catalog out there. Probably some guy in Nevada right now with a huge horseshoe magnet trying to pull planes out of the sky with it.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 PM   #75
Logan
Head Coach

Some concern going on right now about a "suspicious" car found on 14th St and Irving Place. The area has been evacuated and NYPD/FDNY are working the scene.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote